Ganttic Erfahrungen

Ganttic

Ressourcenplanung und -management. Multi-Projekt-Planung.

Sortieren nach

Scott

Love Ganttic

Bewertet am 6.12.2016

As someone who is in charge of 14 technicians working throughout the country, remote communication is critical to our success. Ganttic allows me to manage an ever-changing schedule while automatically communicating the details of projects with technicians in the field. It's easy to use and customer support has been good so far. The only recommendation I would give is to provide tutorials on setting up the sync function with Google Calendar as soon as you sign up for Ganttic. It was a little trial and error at first until I was able to get in touch with customer support. A few short tips allowed me to get synced with my employees' calendars. I recommend it.

The visual scheduling for my technicians in the field and managing an ever-changing (daily and sometimes hourly) schedule. As things change, I can see who's available.

Training or tutorials could be improved. I know there is a lot more functionality than what I use, but it isn't obvious where to find the training. Report functions could be improved. When I run reports, I have a hard time filtering the reports for only the information I desire. One function I wish they had is a daily summary of how many people and jobs are scheduled. Right now, I have a separate Gant chart in excel that I use to list projects and ID my personnel demand per day. This would be beneficial in forecasting employee utilization and growth demands.

Hi Scott!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to tell you that we have worked with our helpdesk a lot and now we have tutorials with videos and text available in our homepage. In addition, we have added the charts option to reports that should also help you with the problems you had.

Tanner
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Ganttic is what every resource management software should aspire to be.

Bewertet am 5.1.2022

I have spent the last 5 years looking for software to allow our mid-sized contracting firm to organize our schedule further out than one month. We were using three different products to poorly emulate what Ganttic does. One of them was google calendar and Ganttic has very good calendar sync features which make our transition pretty seamless.

- It allows the whole company to schedule multiple projects in one place and easily see potential bottlenecks.

- Outstanding customizability.

- Super helpful support team.

- Really well thought out. If the software works a certain way, it's usually because of a very smart reason.

- Unattractive UI.
- A few weird limitations on the gantt chart. They were very receptive to requests for change on this.

Antwort von Ganttic

Thank you for the positive review, Tanner. Regarding the UI, you are welcome to suggest any improvements and ideas that would make Ganttic more intuitive to use.

Gouranga
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Overall uses

Bewertet am 2.7.2022

It a good software and easy to use

It a good software and easy to use

It is easy to use. Overall schedule shows clearly

deletion feature is very bad. Difficult to retrieve what has been deleted hence again re-enter for correction. Report feature specially dashboard should be available

Antwort von Ganttic

Hi Gouranga! Thank you for the positive review, as well as your feedback. We're happy you find Ganttic to be easy-to-use. Also, we can share a little trick with you on how to restore deleted tasks, resources, and projects. If you're an admin, click on the "G" symbol in the upper left corner, that's a history log of the entire planner. Click on the vertical ellipsis and you can restore what was deleted. Try it out and see if it helps. If you have any other feedback or questions, shoot us an email at support@ganttic.com.

• Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

We use Ganttic for project team resourcing.

Bewertet am 18.1.2018

Great price. Great as a resource tool. Amazing customer service, we made a catastrophic mistake in our account and the highly responsive service rep was able to load a backup within a few hours. I would recommend this tool to friends and other companies.

My biggest frustrations are:
1) The inability to simply click & drag an allocated block of time to move it back and forth along the timeline or up and down between team members.
2) The inability to "split" blocks of time. Example: I assign a 4-day block of time to 1 resource. Then another resource becomes available and I want to move 2 of those hours to this new resource. I should be able to click on the block of 4, click "split" which would break the block up into 2 blocks of 2 hours, then I should be able to DRAG that 2hr block to the new resource.
3) The reports are extremely lacking. I either want the option of a basic .csv export of my allocations or I want a streamlined display of our ganttic data. Currently reports give me a ton of fields and rows that don't display well and cloud the actual data.

Hi!

Thank you for the valuable feedback. I will try to answer your questions.

1) Drag and drop is one of the strengths of Ganttic. Could you please elobarete what does not work?

2) For this we do not have a perfect solution that fits your needs. However, you could use the task copy function and then drag it till the right time period. Would that work for you?

3) We have the option to download the report as a CSV. Now we also added visual reports. All the data you have in Ganttic can be taken out via reports. What kind of information would you like to take out further?

Arnaud
  • Branche: Maschinerie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Very good product, great assistance

Bewertet am 4.10.2023

Very good!

Very good!

Shared planning online with realtime modification

Mobile access isn't allowerd by my company (app is bloked)

Antwort von Ganttic

Thank you for sharing the positive vibes, Arnaud! We don't restrict access to the mobile app for anyone. Please note that using the mobile app requires you to have an account and access first. This means the users should also be first given access before they are able to sign in via the mobile app. Please double-check the status of your users via the web version. Let me know if you need further assistance: experience@ganttic.com.

Robert
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good but can be improved

Bewertet am 29.9.2023

Very happy with it.

Very happy with it.

Resource planning and ease of use. The fact that it is easy to add new resources and users.

The fact that the Ganttic does not remeber how each user select to show the collapsable resource view.

Antwort von Ganttic

Thank you for sharing the good vibes, Robert!

Nigel
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika

Easy to use tool

Bewertet am 29.9.2023

Great, easy to use, resource tool.

Great, easy to use, resource tool.

Simple look. Not too complicated that it gets confusing to the user.

There could be small software improvements. For example if I move one event of a project, it would be great if all project events moved with it. But instead I have to manually move everything.

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Ganttic. We're delighted to hear that you find our tool easy to use and appreciate its simplicity.

Your feedback regarding software improvements is valuable to us, and we'll certainly consider your suggestion for future updates. Making it easier for users to manage project events is an important aspect for sure!

Kind regards,
Katrin Kurg

Stephen
  • Branche: Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

My Ganttic review

Bewertet am 4.10.2023

I've used several types of resource management software and Ganttic is easy to use and provides a nice visual interface to easily determine staff availability and to communicate key deadlines and project information.

Management of a lot of short-term tasks across a large team. Easy to view gantt chart, with easy accss to critical project information.

It is currently separate from our other systems, so in some ways is a duplication of work to keep up with key information in Ganttic as well.

Antwort von Ganttic

Thank you for the insightful feedback, Stephen. As for connecting Ganttic and other tools to keep some data in sync, have you explored the API option that allows this? It is already used by a lot of other Ganttic customer who also rely on third-party applications for their resource management. You can see API documentation here: https://gantticapi.github.io/api-documentation. Explore this option and let me know if you need further assistance with setting up the connection: experience@ganttic.com.

Vaibhav
Vaibhav
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Ganttic has given me in terms of resource planning software what I needed - ease of use,...

Bewertet am 19.1.2018

resource and staff utilisation is moving, given more visibility to who is doing what and how can we best utilise staff. Gives me MIS easily.

ease of use,
MIS,
customisation
customer support
web link could be used from anywhere
ability to generate different views

ability to link to ERP

mobile app is not that great and needs to be worked so that user can use it from anywhere

Hi Vaibhav!

Thank you for the feedback you provided. We also have an Ganttic app that can be downloaded via Google Play or Apple store. Just to give you heads up about our developments, then we are at the moment working on making our web-site mobile responsible. Thus, I hope that the problems that you brought forth will be solved in the near future.

Laura
Laura
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to plan with, easy to share

Bewertet am 12.12.2018

What I like in Ganttic is that anyone can create tasks and dependencies easily and understand a planning within a glance thanks to its structured and colorful UI.
Another advantage is that it is web based and thus doesn't require a specific software.

Some advanced features are missing (like always keeping the same timespan between 2 tasks when one of them move forward or backward), but overall it does a very good job for project and portfolio planning.

Dear Laura!

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

You can use timespan (in our sense "lag time") when you are moving tasks forward. For example, you can set that the time span inbetween to dependent tasks is always 2 days. Unfortunately this does not apply when you are moving tasks backward. However, I will give you heads up if this comes to our development plans.

Todd
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Quality scheduling app keeps our operations planning humming

Bewertet am 6.12.2016

After looking wide for a solution to scheduling our approximately 75 employees and almost 100 major pieces of equipment, Ganttic provided us exactly what we were looking for. At the beginning when we were getting set up, the support team reached out and Skyped with us, guiding us through adding our first resources and planning our first project. Since then we use the web app on a daily basis to update changes from the field and track upcoming operations for schedule conflicts. The easy drag-and-drop nature of re-scheduling allows us to quickly edit projects and have all the connected resources come along for the ride. Having multiple users with various permissions ensures system access to other employees but control of editing to just a handful of administrators. We love the report exporting features as well, to create weekly hand-outs for our scheduling meets.

Real-time updates across logins - when one person makes a change it's immediately displayed on other computers without any apparent conflicts or synching delay.

The iPhone app doesn't provide the views that are useful for us - would be better if it more closely mirrored the website experience.

Hi Todd!

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. I am happy to tell you that we are making our web site step-by-step mobile responsible. We will keep you updated and I hope this will solve long-term the only issue you brought forth.

Kyle
  • Branche: Öl & Energie

Ganttic

Bewertet am 28.6.2022

It's very easy to use and it's very nice being able to see things done in real-time as we have a ever changing schedule. It's very customizable.

It might be nice if when you set someone's location, it appears underneath their name. Somewhere you don't have to click to see it. We've essentially just added the the location in parentheses next to their names, but sometimes it's too long and you can't even read it all.

Antwort von Ganttic

Thank you for the great review, Kyle!

If you wish to see more information under the resource name, choose from the view visibility section the medium chart row hight:

After that make sure that location data field has marked with a tick "Show value in chart"

Jason

Great Staff Time Planning Tool

Bewertet am 6.1.2017

We use Ganttic to coordinate and plan staffing for an office of 25 architects. It works well for us because everyone can fill out his/her own row for a couple of weeks in advance of staffing meetings and then we can fill in blanks and move projects around during our weekly staffing meetings. No other tool has been as helpful.

Ability to view graphically people's time allocations and potential conflicts or down times.

It's a little tedious. We don't manage time periods down to 15-minute intervals so that level of precision is not needed. For those who use the website regularly, it is not an issue.

Hi Jason!

Thank you for the feedback.

Just to give you heads up that from the settings you can change timing options and set default time interval for example to and hour or a day.

I hope this helps.

Cole
  • Branche: Halbleiter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Ganttic for field service resource planning

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

I enjoy using Ganttic as it helps our team effectively manage their resources and projects.

Ganttic enables our field service manager to effectively schedule maintenance visits, system installations, and time off. We are also able to calculate their travel rates and utilization percentages using the reporting feature to manage their time on the road.

I would like to see more feature enhancements being developed, like the ability to link the resource schedules to ADP to automatically track time off.

Antwort von Ganttic

Thank you for the great review, Cole!

We are glad to hear that Ganttic helps you solve different issues at one place.

Also thank you for the feature enhancement suggestions, will keep that in mind.

Zhuravlev
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Very useful tool for production planning. Simple and straightforward.

Bewertet am 23.1.2018

Hundreds of people work and receive assignments in a system with the ability to instantly change the products that should be done at a given moment, depending on the arrival of components, design documentation and number of employees. This link makes our production very flexible and mobile.

Ease of operation, good visualization. Ability to customize for your enterprise. While this is the best in operational planning for the ratio of labor to the result.

Poor integration with the Russian language in terms of imports. I would like more functionality in terms of monitoring the execution of tasks (spent time performing tasks)

Hi Andrey!

Thank you for the feedback you provided.

I can imagine that it might cause problems that our service is in English only. However, our support is more than happy to help you with any issues that might emerge.

Bryan
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Project portfolio management wirhout getting into the weeds

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

We use Ganttic to forecast our project portfolio, not daily tasks. It is simple to learn and easy to use. Not bloated with bells and whistles that make other software difficult and expensive.

Would like to set repetitive tasks that can autopopulate colors and duration.

Antwort von Ganttic

Thank you for the great review, Bryan!

Please find more information about the recurring tasks from here: https://support.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/tasks/recurring-tasks

If you will need further assistance, please turn to support@ganttic.com

Rahul
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Ganttic - A must for organised people!

Bewertet am 6.12.2016

After we started using Ganttic a few years ago we have grown to love every aspect of the scheduling tool. It's great for planning, logging, and pulling reports on all aspects of our choosing. Customer support is quick and efficient, and I love the way they strive to make improvements.

I recommend trying Ganttic, you'll be hooked especially once you see how competitively priced it is. 10/10

Ease of use, price, and functionality

When you move a job from one resource to another or edit it the notes icon indicates it's been read when it hasn't

Hi Rahul!

Thank you so much for the feeback. I believe that the issue you brought forth has been resolved now :)

Sergio Roberto Quijadas
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Siemens APC Brazil

Bewertet am 2.8.2022

It's good, meets my needs for scheduling and reports.

It's good, meets my needs for scheduling and reports.

It is easy to use, transparent and easy to share.

I use the function "Generate reports in csv format" and when someone puts a comma inside any text it causes a problem in my report.

Hi Sergio!

Thanks for the kind review, as well as your feedback!

Indeed CSV format is very comma sensitive and needs a careful reviewing. If you will need any help regards the planner feel free to approach via mail support@ganttic.com.

Thanks!

George
  • Branche: Druck

In favor of Ganttic

We under utilize it!

We under utilize it!

Simple schedules all departments - clean easy view.

We have not really explored it enough - our issue

Antwort von Ganttic

Thank you for the review, George!

If you and your team wish to explore Ganttic more, don´t hesitate to register a personal demo with us and let's see how your workflows within Ganttic could be improved.

Find a suitable time from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Joshua
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Project Scheduling for the remodeling industry.

Bewertet am 5.1.2017

We've been using Ganttic for our scheduling for a couple of years now. Most scheduling systems schedule by assigning resources to projects, but Ganttic allows us to schedule the projects to available resources. They are also constantly adding features. The latest we've implemented is an automatic email to our subcontractors of the schedule so as to keep them informed.

Hi Joshua!

Thank you again so much for the good feedback.

Feel free to contact us at anytime if you have any questions or recommendations.

Alejandro
  • Branche: Metallabbau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good resource management tool overall

Bewertet am 9.5.2018

- Custom charts
- Unlimited users
- Access profiled users

- No team communications
- No file attachment feature for resource sheet
- No batch operations
- Some UX bugs

Hi Alejandro!

Thank you for the feedback that you provided and I am glad that Ganttic works for you.

I will try to answer the questions that you had.

1) Like in all SaaS services bugs sometimes occur and we are sorry that this has happened with you. Usually they are fixed within one working day. However, if this problem still persists, feel free to contact us at anytime with this issue.

2) For team communication we feel Ganttic is best utilized when it is shown during team planning meetings. In addition, team collaboration in the Ganttic sense means that everybody can see the planner in their predefined settings - thus, you can be up to date what your team members and department is doing.

3) For file attachmend for a resource we would recommend to create a new resource custom data field that is "Link" type. And with this you can attach all the information you need via link to a resource profile.

ines
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Very interesting product taht could be easily upgraded to fulfill more specific needs

Bewertet am 19.6.2020

user friendly and easy to implement
very useful in pandemic context

to find the right combination of charts or data to use for an architectural firm

Hi Ines!

Thank you so much for the feedback and review you provided. When you have any more questions about Ganttic, feel free to book a demo at anytime.

Irene
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Ganttic - 100+Employees

Bewertet am 6.12.2016

I have not vetted out Ganttic for its full capabilities, however with the current package, we do struggle with overall utilization being displayed in reports. We have created a custom field to manually update for weekly meetings. It would be ideal to have the report builder offer this field.

The views are highly modifiable for ease of management. Love it!

Views can become very busy, however simple reports do help with presentation. Would like to dashboard capabilities by project, overall utilization, start/end dates, # of team members.

Hi Irene!

Thank you for the review! We'll definitely keep it going! :)

However, could you describe the problem you are having with the reports feature to out support team (support@ganttic.com)? Hopefully we can find a fix for you!

Kat
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Essential Tool

Bewertet am 16.12.2016

Ganttic is a great product. It is easy to use and due to its visual interface, there is no steep learning curve for users.

It is effortless to integrate with Google platforms and the scheduled reporting means data can be picked up by other tools.

We really like the continuous release method which allows new features to be added quickly.

The support response is superb.

The product is ideal for global teams with updates being seen across the tool in real time.

Easy to use, visual interface, scheduled reporting.

The lack of API's mean full integration isn't possible yet.

Hi Kat!

Thank you for your warm feedback. API is in our development plans. Will get back to you when we have more infromation about it.

David
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

All we need is within Ganttic

Bewertet am 15.12.2016

We are a company with employees across the planet. We need to know where each employee travels to which customer, so we can schedule all our planning.

In a quick view we see what we need to see

We can not create events in batch for each resources

Hi David!

Thank you for the feedback you provided. If you want to create an event (task) for a batch of resources then next to each resource we have checkmarks. Just check them while creating a task. This should solve your problem.