Meltwater Erfahrungen

Meltwater

PR – Medienüberwachung – Social-Marketing-Anwendung.

Sortieren nach

Marah
  • Branche: Restaurants
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A great resource for keeping up with the latest news and events.

Bewertet am 10.1.2023

Meltwater has helped us stay ahead of the competition on social media by giving us timely information on the topics we care about, which in turn has allowed us to refine our thinking and set up the most effective processes and tactics to reach our goals.

We were able to work together more efficiently thanks to Meltwater, and we were able to locate the information we required from social media platforms with greater ease because of the organization provided by the tool. Meltwater's search function is quite adaptable, providing us with a plethora of alternatives for precise tracking of what we're looking for, where we can simply prepare the topic that we're waiting for to be published, and when it's published on social media. To make sure we're always on the ball, Meltwater will provide us alerts instantly. Meltwater has a fantastic knack for laying down the information gathered in a way that is simple to understand for anyone.

While the simplistic nature of Meltwater's charts is a source of frustration for me, I have faith that the Meltwater will make efforts to enhance them in future versions.

David
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Deceptive business practices and horrible customer service

Bewertet am 6.1.2021

Avoid this company at all costs. They have unethical and deceptive business practices.

It's easy to use and offers a robust contact list for reporters and media outlets. The daily reports are also helpful in seeing media mentions and areas of interest.

The customer service and their business practices are just unethical and deceptive. I caution anyone who is considering meltwater to understand that they will be automatically renewed for the next year if they don't give 90 days notice. Where is this listed? In a URL you have to click on that's buried in your agreement they send you. They don't separate it out, highlight it, or tell you anywhere else. Their customer service and management couldn't care less that they dupe you into another year at thousands of dollars. I wouldn't give this company the time of day, let alone my business ever again. Avoid at all costs.

Antwort von Meltwater

Hi David, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We will use this as an opportunity to improve.

• Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Disingenuous business practices

Bewertet am 11.12.2018

Our organization is a client of Meltwater's and found the service was not benefiting us. The reports, stats and information provided were not beneficial.

I indicated to the account specialist, I wasn't sure we would be renewing when they sent me a confirmation for renewal on October 26, 2018. Their only discussion was about getting me best prices. I did not sign the renewal confirmation. Our services were to end January 14, 2019. At no time did they mention automatic renewal or that I needed to send a formal notice of termination.

On December 7th, in response to their many emails asking me to sign the renewal confirmation I advised them we would definitely not be renewing - 38 days before the services were to end. For the first time, they advised me we were automatically renewed and they would be sending us a bill. They said it was "preset"

I asked for the contract and was shocked to see the termination terms aren't even listed on the main contract page - they are instead buried in a link, under topics such as spam. A link, of course, can be altered at any time.

The contract document defines start and end dates, and makes no mention of automatic renewal. Your account reps make no mention of automatic renewal. I find this disingenuous.

Nothing - it said our reach was over 200 billion - there are less than 8 billion people on the planet.

It is redundant and doesn't deal with reality.

Amanda
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great social media monitoring & journalist database tool

Bewertet am 10.12.2019

Tip to your sales team: stop being so aggressive and reading from a script it gets very annoying.

They have an extensive journalist database and their social media platform is great. Can connect several different clients' accounts and schedule posts and the metrics are great

Their sales team is extremely aggressive. Only hear from account reps when it's time for renewal and after you sign up they go silent when you have an actual issue.

Katie
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Meltwater is a Capable Social Monitoring Tool!

Bewertet am 6.5.2019

We primarily use Meltwater as a social media monitoring tool. We're a global organization, so it can be difficult to have a full picture of how our business is being referenced across the world. But Meltwater solves that problem!

Meltwater is very useful in being able to monitor what is being said about our company on a global scale on social media. I get an email every morning that shows me exactly who is saying what and on which platform. It links out to these references as well! From here I can take action and ensure that I'm staying ahead of any negative - and positive - remarks.

Meltwater's platform can be a bit tricky to learn. It's not a very simple platform - though it's relatively drag-and-drop, but you have to be uber-aware of how to put together the lists you need so everything will be monitored correctly. That's where the Account Managers come into play. So, on the whole, if you don't have a lot of time to learn the platform. I have no doubt it's easy once you get the hang of it, but I don't have that luxury!

Douglas
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Provides numbers and assistance we need

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

Meltwater provides us with the intelligence we need and an easy-to-use platform, to boot. It's a must-have.

Meltwater is fairly intuitive to use, though their reps will walk you through everything.

Seems there's always something new they want you to buy.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Cision
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Meltwater = Too Expensive For Small Business, Good For Larger Operations

Bewertet am 13.11.2019

Overall, the algorithm changes on Instagram took away our use for discovering leads efficiently with the listening tool. The cost was no longer sustainable once it was not bringing in any additional revenue. It is a powerful tool, with great customer service, but I believe it is a little too pricey for smaller businesses.

I liked how robust the listening side of the software was. You could really dive into the results and pick up conversations that were happening around your brand that you otherwise would not have been able to see.

What I liked least about this software was that their social inbox was just Sprout Social. I was living within the engagement side of the software and saw little additional value. For those focusing solely on social listening, I recommend looking only at the component.

Jo
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Incredibly Intuitive

Bewertet am 25.3.2021

The team are available on hand if needed, and very helpful and supportive of training, very much solution led in all areas. It's always been a positive experience working with them.

It's a great, easy to set up and easy to use platform, even if you're only using some of the features occasionally. In a small team it's really important to be able to utilise time effectively and this is a great tool to achieve that and cost effective too.

Nothing really - it's easy to use and great for what our organisation currently needs.

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Not impressed.

Bewertet am 10.9.2019

Media contact information and a database to determine the relevant reporters would be immensely helpful to PR professionals, unfortunately, there has yet to be a provider that does this in an efficient, accurate and updated way.

These types of tools are somewhat of a necessary evil in the PR space when it comes to looking up media contacts. Meltwater is no worse than its competitors and about half the time will have the accurate, current contact information of the relevant reporter we are looking for.

Unfortunately the other half of the time, there is no specific contact information or publications are not even logged in the Meltwater databases. Often, every contact at a specific publication will be listed with the same generic contact email that's listed on the publication's website, making Meltwater's services essentially useless. User is also quite clunky to just be able to search for media outlets/contacts.

Maxim
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

convenient and clear email reports

Bewertet am 7.2.2022

The daily reports directly in my inbox are super convenient.

Twitter appears a lot on the reports, which is important because people are very vocal there.
But sometimes the reports show every single re-tweet in a huge disorganized list.
It would be great if the original tweet could be at the top, and all the duplicate re-tweets would only appear if we chose to 'expand' a list

Ana
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika

Review on Meltwater collaboration

Bewertet am 25.3.2021

Most relevant features are related to the fact that we could (relatively) easy see how our messages (key ones) were taken over by the media and the way these were interpreted. The universe around key topics and the geographical span.

Reports for certain topics. Not a digest with all media impacts, but a narrative, to also include metrics for positive/negative/neutral articles.

Julie
  • Branche: Forschung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Terrible for Analytics

Bewertet am 13.1.2020

I don't see how any analyst tested this tool. Doesn't include what I consider basic functionality. Requires multiple unnecessary steps to analyze data.

Customer Service is responsive. Tool is very affordable.

Social Analytics are awful. Problems include:
• Data Exports – Have to email data exports through individual chart widgets.
• Separate steps for creating queries and building dashboards with visuals.
• Have to create separate searches for News and Social separately – Duplicates work.
• Charts – Don’t have basic number labels, aren't usable.
• Can't download basic volume trend.
• Volume and Sentiment numbers do not match.

Ernest
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Meltwater does the job

Bewertet am 26.10.2020

Excellent service and support.

Excellent service and support.

Ease of use and data base capture. It’s easy to set up an automated process for newsfeeds and reporting.

Exporting is not as advanced as I would like. Pdf and cvs are the main options. Formatting on export is less flexible.

Antwort von Meltwater

Ernest, we're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

Michelle

Meltwater Review

Bewertet am 23.11.2019

Overall, my experience at Meltwater has been quite good.

Overall, my experience at Meltwater has been quite good.

Meltwater provides an in-depth media monitoring service with excellent analytics for reporting. I use Meltwater daily and having an automated media monitoring service with a personal account manager and live chat function is a great asset.

Customer service response times and reliability start to slow down during busy periods, like towards end-of-year reporting which can be quite frustrating.

Bertrand
  • Branche: Luft- & Raumfahrt
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Expensive tool made for big corporations but not for start-ups

Bewertet am 19.8.2020

Not a lot to say. Overall we very disappointed by the too.l

Poor quality of the journalist user base. Lots of bounces when we write emails. Also abusive legal close to renew your contract with a 3 months notice period for a simple SAS and the sales person comes to you sending the invoice for the next period 2,5months before it ends. Finally, a customer service/success which is very pushy to always subscribe to very pricy solution and taking a yourself a lot of time with un-needed presentations. As a start-up manager of more than 20 employees, I was very disappointed by Meltwater services.

Louisa
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

User-friendly

Bewertet am 25.3.2021

Overall, a great product and gives excellent snapshot of media coverage.

Overall, a great product and gives excellent snapshot of media coverage.

Very easy and straightforward to use. Gives rich analytics data.

Boolean search terms can sometimes be 'off'.

• Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Meltwater makes media relations and PR easier

Bewertet am 27.4.2019

Meltwater really helps with media relations. It helps you target the right journalists for your news. If you do media outreach, you really need Meltwater.

What you can do with Meltwater you can't do with Cision. It's much easier to use and allows you to see who viewed your pitch so you can decide how to follow up. It makes media relations less of a thankless chore by helping you decide where to focus your efforts.

It's a little confusing to use. Once you have a tutorial, it's easier, of course, but I wouldn't say it's intuitive.

Eric
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

I do not recommend Meltwater

Bewertet am 29.6.2022

Customer service is horrid. That alone causes me to highly discourage anyone from using this product.

The daily emails with social media and article monitoring is useful but Google Alerts does the same.

Unfortunately, the company's customer service leaves much to be desired.

Marina
Marina
  • Branche: Internet
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

The success of my digital marketing strategy.

Bewertet am 30.7.2023

My experience has been very good, this platform is very detailed and precise, and its control panel is very complete and easy to use.

I like the social media analytics tools that allow me to monitor the online conversations that are impacting my brand and industry.

It would be ideal to have a higher update speed to be able to make more agile decisions.

Meltwater review

Bewertet am 28.4.2022

Meltwater collects media information for me

I personally haven't had any issues with meltwater

Sanjay
Sanjay
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Map

Bewertet am 30.3.2019

It's a good software that saves time and sitting at home can use it in its small device and it makes it easier for the person to arrive and a free demo of any place can tell.

Here is a good software. The person can easily see the map of any place in its device and use it.

The quality of the map of the software is not so high that I can tell it to myself very clear.

Elaine
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Excellent customer service

Bewertet am 29.10.2020

As an independent contractor, I am not familiar with the overall experience for Corcoran GL. I do know that the analytics are very good.

As a free lance writer, I am not an employee of Corcoran Global Living and was not involved in the purchase, cost analysis or review of the software. However, from the very beginning, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and staff have been available and pro-active to ensure a smooth operation. My skills are more literary and less technological (very much so), so I appreciate the help and the patience.

I haven't encountered any dislikes. So far, so good.

Antwort von Meltwater

Elaine, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

Anna
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Not the Best PR Tracking System Out There

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

Our experience with Meltwater was just okay. We ended up switching to Signal AI due to the machine learning that they were able to do to make sure the PR results we were seeing were accurate and up-to-date.

Meltwater has a clean dashboard/homepage and a pretty good customer service team, but there were more cons than there were pros in my experience with the software.

A lot of the times our saved searches for PR tracking would bring in irrelevant publication results that we couldn't use as actual results. When it came to using the service as a contact database, a lot of the contact information we'd come across was out of date. They have potential as a service, but for our needs they aren't the best option.

Amy
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Media Platform

Bewertet am 26.3.2020

It was a good platform for tracking data and finding new resources

It was a good platform for tracking data and finding new resources

A complex platform with the abilities to showcase great insight for communications and media professionals

A lot of features and functions, sometimes not so intuitive or easy to use. Not much mobile functionality either.

Chad
  • Branche: Glücksspiel & Casinos
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great software

Bewertet am 25.3.2021

It's a great software that allows us to track our mentions across the media. It's helpful in reporting.

The interface is easy to navigate around making the customer experience enjoyable.

There aren't many cons bar the cost for the little time it gets used.