Cision Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

• Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

A solid tool

Bewertet am 13.10.2019

Would recommend Cision for capturing media coverage.

Would recommend Cision for capturing media coverage.

I use Cision at least on a weekly basis to search for media coverage for a multitude of clients. What a lifesaver. It does an amazing job to find media coverage worldwide and some stuff on social media.

It takes a while to set up for each client. Thank god that Cision support helps with this. Sometimes connecting with your Cision rep is difficult and takes time. Their social media coverage needs some work but they have made strides.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Meltwater

Still the Industry Leader

Bewertet am 29.11.2018

Again, Cision still rules the field. Having had experience with several other similar platforms I can say that it remains the most reliable product out there to get the job done.

While many will say that the platform is a bit dated, Cision remains the gold standard in its field. The reliability, usability, and overall data quality makes me an extremely satisfied customer. Cision certainly excels at obtaining contact information and list building.

Cision's data analysis could be better. I often find myself using a service like Netbase to get deeper data concerning "what" people are saying exactly.

• Branche: Politische Organisation
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

PR Newswire for Mexico just did not work for us

Bewertet am 2.5.2019

Overall we are very unhappy with PR Newswire. We won't be using it again, not after this first bad first impression.

The only pro that we can think of is the simplicity of submitting your release online. It seemed simple enough. Also their 1800 customer service was helpful with technical questions.

We started with PR Web and they wanted to sell us the services from PR Newswire, their promise was that they will have a better reporting, better chance to have press releases picked up by media, etc. -- We sent out a first press release and the results were terrible. The report was pretty much the same as PR Web, which is an automatic publication from their partners on sites that are really not reputable at all. They even have personal blogs listed. -- When we contacted the representative in charge of our account he said "Your press release had great results" and then he suggested we create a google alert to see where our press release was published.
We tried this service with the idea that it would be better than paying a free lance PR agent in México. We paid for 1 release double of what we paid the agent in a whole month and we absolutely regret joining this service. -- It might work for other areas but for Mexico it absolutely does not work. The WORST part is the lack of willingness to help the client resolve the problem. They offered no solutions or help.

Dan
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Cision for your Media Needs

Bewertet am 22.1.2019

Have been using CISION for years, back when it was VOCUS. It's my go-to, use-every-day tool that helps me keep track of media placements and what I use for media distribution given that CISION is the only such tool that gives me access to both PRWeb and PRNewswire.

Great for doing research on publications, writers, etc., and superb tool for media release distribution.

Cost. It's a great tool, but not inexpensive.

Courtney

Cision review

Bewertet am 2.10.2018

My company can distribute materials in a broad and efficient manner thanks to Cision!

I like that Cision stores journalists information in a neat and efficient manner, making it easy to personally reach out and mass distribute public relations material.

I don't like that Cision's contact information can be outdated.

Jacqueline
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

Bewertet am 10.11.2020

I use Cision on a daily basis to reach out to the media with brand press releases. It is reliable and very user friendly.

I like that you can populate targeted results very easily!

I wish the contacts were updated. I also wish we could edit lists once they are created.

Jessica
  • Branche: Eventservice
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Time saver boon for media database build-up

Bewertet am 17.5.2017

Cision is an invaluable asset when it comes to building media databases quickly and effectively. I manage public relations across different countries, and this tool helps me save a considerable amount of time and resources. Not only it provides journalists' names, contact details, interests and social media accounts: Cision also offers outlet stats, including readership and ad rates, as well as editorial opportunities. A great aid when it comes to pitching the right story to the right journalist.

Cision's database is vast but it's not complete. Not all media contacts are actually working and updated, so there's a certain probability to get few bounce emails. Another minus is that it does not provide a list of the journalists' latest published articles - a functionality offered by Cision's competitors, which is extremely helpful when pitching to the media -.

Venita
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Not the best bang for your buck

Bewertet am 17.4.2023

Since starting my own firm and no longer being constrained to using Cision, I have come across multiple Press Release publishers that offer the same or even greater reach. I was not satisfied with the package price and level of customer service from Cision. Consequently, I have shifted to a different Press Release partner that better supports my clients' target audience and fits within my budget. As a result, I am regularly publishing Press Releases with this new partner.

During my time working for another company, I utilized this particular product for publishing Press Releases as it was their preferred method. The outcome of my published Press Releases was satisfactory, with seamless image integration. The publishing process itself was also hassle-free, and I appreciated the ability to preview my content before it went public. Additionally, the feature of scheduling releases ahead of time proved to be a helpful time management tool.

In all honesty, I found the published content to have a great appearance. However, given the price, I was disappointed with the limited reach. The publishing packages came with a "use it or lose it" time constraint for credits purchased. Additionally, contacting customer support proved to be a challenging experience. Despite having a direct contact number for my sales representative, I had to leave multiple messages and emails before receiving a response.

Krista
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

we decided to end our subscription and opt for HubSpot instead

Bewertet am 14.12.2017

I liked our ability to send press releases and manage social media from the same account. However, other software offered more options and automation features in one central location.

The limited capabilities. We really needed something that automated more of what we do (email, social media, press releases, blog writing, analytics) all in one place. We ended up only using Vocus to send press releases, which wasn't worth the high price.

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The megaphone your press release needs.

Bewertet am 27.6.2021

If you are needing to distribute your press releases to a wide spread audience, this is easily the number one way to do so. With an easy to use dashboard, their massive connections, and fantastic customer service.

The ability to live track press releases is a huge deal and presented in a clean easy to use dashboard. During setup, it's extremely easy to set up exactly what you want. A member of the team will call you to confirm that everything is exactly what you want before going live. The direct connection they have to massive news outlets makes this a crucial tool for press releases.

If you need a more defined and niche audience to be reached, the price could almost triple in some points. Which makes it unrealistic in most cases.

Good tool for media contacts.

Bewertet am 9.1.2018

You need the contacts, Vocus has them.

You need the contacts, Vocus has them.

Lots of great media contacts for all categories from technology to finance, consumer products to juvenile goods and everything in between.

It's expensive. I get that it is hard to keep these lists current with all the movement and magazine closings...

Ed

Similar Products in the Market that are less expensive

Bewertet am 15.11.2022

I loved it when the company was VOCUS, but when Cision purchased them, it got more costly and less productive.

The Native Articles that accompany a press release

The cost and the difficulty creating client reports to demonstrate success

• Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Serves a purpose but I don't love it

Bewertet am 14.9.2020

It can be useful if you just need your release "published" so you can point to it and you don't want this to just occur on your own site. After sharing a few from here I have since decided to simply post them to my own site and then push out via my own audiences.

If you need a press release "published" (even if just to Cision) this is a good option. I've used the lowest level a few times for this reason. It can create a professional page to share but don't expect any real pick up from putting out on Cision (at least on the least expensive level).

We didn't get any pickup. (to be fair, I didn't expect much as I used the lowest level they offer)
Also, the interface is pretty dated.

• Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Makes PR work easier than ever

Bewertet am 10.5.2018

I used this when i interned in the PR world. It made my job SO much easier. The searches are effortless and it brings you right to the contact information that you need.

Sometimes you can be searching for a blogger or media outlet with a very general name and have to pick through to find the right one.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Very helpful in the public relations field,

Bewertet am 26.6.2018

Creating media lists, finding media target contact information

Creating media lists, finding media target contact information

I love how it can easily create media lists, with very little time. It is great to use in a pinch to find media target contact information

The user experience seems to be a little outdated. The look and feel of the software could definitely use a more modern update

• Branche: Immobilien
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Easy to fill out - not much to it!

Bewertet am 7.6.2018

makes the clients happy - they have proof that were sending their news or new product releases to the world!

It's so easy to send something out. There is not much / it's not confusing to plug in the information that needs to go out. I also like the reporting feature so clients know views and clicks!

The tagging of types of businesses can get overwhelming. There are a ton of types and subtypes - which is great because you don't want to miss out on a market - but this part takes up some time.

Katherine
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great if you have time to learn to use it

Bewertet am 21.11.2016

Cision is an incredibly powerful tool, but there is a significant amount of startup time. And while there are quite a few useful search parameters, it still takes a fair amount of culling by hand to get the right media lists. It's incredible for larger national and regional outlets, but we did find it to be a bit light on info for smaller ones. Overall could improve but I don't think there's anything better available.

It is an incredibly exhaustive list of media contacts with hard-to-find contact info

Sometimes you get oddball search results and the smaller regional media outlets are represented only very lightly in some cases.

Drew
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Cision won't stop billing my company

Bewertet am 4.4.2023

Cision provides a sub-par product and high prices. The company is holding customers hostage with a completely onerous contract. Avoid this company at all costs!

My company used Cision for PR management. We did not receive any value.

Cision will not stop billing my company. Within 24 hours of receiving a contract renewal we sent an email cancelling the contract. Cision did not reply and processed payment anyway. We contacted Cision to end the contract and they responded that we must notify them 5 months in advance to cancel a contract. How would we even know if we wanted to cancel at that time?

John
John
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Cision is a great tool for our press release needs

Bewertet am 13.11.2018

We are able to quickly and easily create contact lists and send our news items.

We are very happy with Cision and it serves our needs.

• Branche: Verlagswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Cision

Bewertet am 19.12.2018

It was never the only thing that we were using, but could occasionally be helpful if we couldn't find the information we needed anywhere else.

Cision can be really great when it comes to finding contact information for various writers, editors, and media people. Sometimes, there's information that is hard to come by elsewhere.

Sometimes, the information provided on Cision is outdated or accessible for free via the internet as opposed to using a paid service.

• Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Used this product look up influencers/journalists to work with

Bewertet am 26.4.2018

I liked that it had a huge directory of contacts to look up and is very easy to use. I looked up specific contacts and the program had it.

It's a bit old school in it's design. It definitely could use a refresh. Also, contacts should be updated frequently.

• Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Used to find the right numbers and contact info for prospects, overall good

Bewertet am 4.5.2018

benefits were being able to find the right contact info for prospects and clients.

I liked the ease of use of this product and the different functions you could use to narrow down searches

I didn't like that this database is used mostly for advertising and or media relations, I think they should broaden their industry realm.

Luis
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great tool to use for press & media listening

Bewertet am 15.10.2021

Media & Press relations.

Media & Press relations.

We use if for clipping and media listening. Very useful and easy to use, the dashboards and powerBI tools make it easy to customize

It's a little hard to understand at first, but then you get to enjoy it.

Danielle

Great PR Tool for Big Businesses

Bewertet am 7.6.2017

Being able to create media lists and also being able to create reports to show upper management.

Ease of use is one of the biggest pros about this.
Their customer support is also outstanding and anytime I had a questions or was curious about a certain feature I got an automatic response.

Not tailored for smaller businesses that don't have a huge budget. There was no way to reduce the number of features given as well which would have maybe changed a few things.

Megan
Megan
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Does What it Needs to But Isn't the Prettiest

Bewertet am 8.4.2019

While I don't think Cision is perfect, I've seen these press releases deliver amazing results for my client. So overall, I'm satisfied.

Cision makes it relatively easy to publish and push press releases to the public. Its features are easy enough to use, and it guides you through the process step by step.

Cision isn't always the most user-friendly/easy on the eyes. It can be awkward to fill out press releases, and they look different once they're published. I also notice that it bugs sometimes. What you type in the draft doesn't appear in the published version.