Zen Planner

4,3 (246)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Umfassende Mitgliedermanagementlösung für Fitnessunternehmen.

Sortieren nach

Paul
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching

Happy to be back!

Bewertet am 28.3.2019

The reintroduction to Zen planner has been great. I'm learning new things and I'm excited about the dashboard that will show me exactly what's going on every day at first glance. It's exciting that I can customize it as well!

I can't say enough good things about my onboarding coach. She was and continues to be amazing support with Zen Planner. I appreciate all of her patience and genuine interest in helping me utilize the software to its​ maximum potential for my business.

I'm looking forward to growing with Zen Planner

I left for about four years because I felt like the software was missing some integral parts for my business.

Now I was needing something different and looked at Zen Planner again. The​ changes they have made over the past four years has been amazing.

This is not a company that sits idle and is content with the status quo

The system is a little complex but I believe it's more to do with the novelty of it and all of its features.

Antwort von Daxko

Thanks Paul! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the new features and updates!

Diane

Getting started

Bewertet am 23.5.2019

We are now in the process of building our website and it’s content. Zen Planner has made this difficult process so much smoother. I have heard horror stories from other gym owners that didn’t go with Zen Planner. I’m thankful everyday that I made the decision to go with them. Best choice ever!

We are opening a brand new Jiu Jitsu academy and this has been a whole new experience for us. I’m not very computer savvy, but EVERYONE at Zen Planner has been so helpful and made this so easy for someone like me. I’m very happy with this company.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Zen Planner!

Mindbody und WellnessLiving

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Zen Planner

I always received call backs. Their followthrough is impecable. Our training conference calls were easy and flowing. User friendly and very knowledgeable support team.

Antwort von Daxko

Glad to hear you're happy with Zen Planner, Diane! We appreciate the feedback.

Kris
  • Branche: Sport
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very poor software with appalling customer service

Bewertet am 14.4.2017

We are a martial arts school who used the software for 3 years, on the basis that while the software didn't do everything we were looking for they were putting in product feature requests to make improvements, and to fix the many bugs in the software. After 3 years they finally came back with: "I do not have a timeline for release on features that you have suggested. Any changes or additions we make to Zen Planner need to be commonly requested, and fit into the Product Team's vision for our software. As a result, some features you have requested may never be implemented."

However I have seen many other martial arts schools request similar changes. So after initially promising everything to get you signed up, they then back track if you keep following up with them trying to get a straight answer. Continuing to try and hold them to account results in: "Zen Planner is not for everyone, and it's important that you find a system that works for you. This message is providing you with notice that your Zen Planner account will be closed" and I have also heard from several other users that this has happened to them as well.

So they misrepresent their software, then promise to get it working, take your money - and you invest a significant amount of time setting it up, and then more time every week doing manual workarounds waiting for a fix they never intended to make. Then they just cancel your membership without giving you enough time to transition everything, particularly changing over your billing for members.

Some of the issues are: parents signing up their kids for martial arts classes is very difficult and confusing for members. They can't use the same email for their children - who can be too young to even have their own email - and then automated emails don't send as there is no email for the member. When they try it often results in an error and they try signing up multiple times, bloating the database with duplicate registrations and memberships, which are tedious and difficult to combine, that cause errors while completing. I ended up doing more admin to fix this than signing them up manually. Then booking classes for kids is so difficult I ended up doing it manually for parents.

Also a main feature they promote is be belt progress skill tracking - this is designed for entering a single workout for a cross fit box, and so trying to enter results and comments for a grading against all the skills is totally unusable.

For existing members, once you have gone through the lengthy set up process, it processes payments automatically for you, but making changes is very difficult. It is easier to just use the payment gateway provider directly and use a manual system to track it.

They did have financial reporting - but I found them to be more trouble than they were worth, but I am a Chartered Accountant and might just have standards that are above minimalistic offering available on Zen Planner.

It is extreemley difficult for parents to book classes for their kids, especially for more than one child, for more than one day - as the calendar defaults to the parent -with no classes as they don't have a membership. They need to change to the first child then click on one class then reserve a place, then go back to the start for the next class & child.

Also for automations to work the child needs an email entered, and you can't use the same email as the parent, or link them to the parent. Apparently this change is too difficult as many members asked, but they won't fix it. When the automations don't work, parents think there is an error and start another registration, which creates many duplicate records in the database. Manually combining them, updating profiles, and manually sending the "automated" emails takes more time than just doing it manually.

The skill tracking system is also very badly designed, it is almost unusable, and takes a huge amount of time to enter if you want to record results against all the skills a martial arts student needs to know in a single session, such as a grading or pre-grading. Members can't even see what skills they need to pass if no results are previously entered, or a summary of their skills.

Jenny

Amazing

Bewertet am 10.1.2023

I love how simple this software made it to do everything our yoga studio needed. It was also user friendly for our students. We love it overall.

I do wish there was a cheaper option for small studios just getting started.

Fyonna

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] the Onboarder is FANTASTIC, I am so impressed

Bewertet am 4.5.2022

so far so awesome

so far so awesome

We had challenges with paysafe integration, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] stepped in to fix, I am running a busy studio plus teaching/coaching and she was a dream to work with ( I was not), such an asset to Zen,

color schemes, and the time it took to imput information that was just not a skillset i had, I learned and I am glad it took time

Kristy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

very happy i made the switch!

Bewertet am 6.10.2022

Great! client account alerts are super helpful to make sure we are getting paid any money owed

It makes it simple to manage the most important tasks at my gym without over complicating things.

a few auto emails could improve/be added

Raeleigh
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Outstanding back up support

Bewertet am 13.2.2020

I am pleasantly surprised by the support in getting this all set up - great communication and very patient and informed team!

easy to use- straight forward set up lots of customizable options

like everything it takes a little while to get familiar - layout and set ups are different but this is not a negative it's just part of the process

Antwort von Daxko

Thank you Raeleigh, we'll pass your kind words to our support team!

Beth

Good Overall Studio Management Software

Bewertet am 10.7.2019

The migration process was rocky. About 30% of the database has inaccuracies. They need to improve and automate this process. Tech support is excellent. Customer support was slow to resolve a billing issue I had. They refused to speak to me on the phone and did not return emails. But everything finally got straightened out with persistence on my part, and an effort to make up for the issue on their part. Overall, customer support is generally very good. The software works well, is not buggy. Overall, I really like the software except for the way purchasing works.

Reporting is excellent, the best I've seen. I like the fact you can create your own reports. After learning how to use the system we have been able to create any reports we need. That is definitely not the case for Mindbody or Wellness Living. The Kiosk application is nice to have and our clients like it, but needs some improvement. The Front Desk and Kiosk Applications are easy to learn which is helpful as we have 10 teachers at the center.

The POS system does not work like all other online systems (choose what you want, put in user info, payment info then press complete or check out and credit card is charged), and works differently in their different interfaces. The Front Desk software does not allow for discounts (that is being addresses in a future release). The Dashboard processes the sale, then you have to process the payment separately in a different step. In the beginning we lost sales because our staff was confused. Many of my teachers are still unsure whether a sale goes through or not. When the Front Desk application can accept accept discounts and credit card swipes it will greatly improve the POS process.

The client kiosk does not include a form for entering info for new clients and signing a waiver. For some strange reason that is on the staff side of the application. We keep it on the staff application but it means after a client signs the waiver they could get to a screen that offers a free class, which we do not actually offer. I have a hard time understanding why that is baked into their software, it is not considered a best practice. We have found work arounds for these issues but would like to see an updated and more robust kiosk application.

The automated emails are very good and it integrates with Mail Chimp. You can also implement a retention process with tasks assigned to different people.

Antwort von Daxko

Thanks for the feedback, Beth!

Jill
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not quite live - but almost!

Bewertet am 19.10.2022

Your onboarding process has been very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is AMAZING!!!! I just can't say enough good things about her. The cost of credit cards and fees keeps me up at night. We are a non-profit center and the fees are high. I would love for everyone to just use cash or check - but that's impossible.

Reporting. It's easy. The front page overview of each member. I can quickly see the data I need. Love the alerts, notes and tasks. Very useful. Love the ability to email a template to a set of members with a click of the button. The configuration of the software is good. The help files are pretty good. I have found a few broken links - and some explanations seem to be a bit outdated. Love the dashboard. Love the ability to click in and get the relevant supporting data.

I wish "students" was changed to "members". It confused the hec out of our staff (who are 98% volunteers). I would like to see the support tickets be answered with the original support request data. There is no place for me to see what ticket number was written for - so if the email thread contained the original text - it would be easier. The new "Z" in the bottom right hand corner is always in my way. I have to make an effort to not touch it. When you have a LOT of members (>350) it's a pain to always click people or students - and do show all. I'm panicked about using keytags for this many members- but we need to track all usage of our fitness center and classes.

Alejandro
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome and they continue to work to add new and wanted fuctionality

Bewertet am 11.5.2017

One stop shop for managing my business. Automation. And the ability to do a lot with little or no staff.

Easy to use, easy to manage. It has a great modern look and they don't try to bundle everything in one app. They have different apps for sing in, staff use, and member. I love the reports, and the face check in. Easy to find athletes by their face. Great for when you have new staff. It truly is a great bundle for workout tracking, integration with current website, and integration with marketing emails. All things other companies charge extra for. I would and have recommended this software to other gym and martial art owners.

The apps are great for managing but missing some fuctionality such as being able to schedule privates on the app. They where missing staff clicks in, retail sales but they have recently added those. Hard to find much I dislike and what I do they don't seem to be standing still, adding new function all the time.

Rodrigo

Very disappointing

Bewertet am 26.4.2018

Have been with Zen Planner since 2015, it is very user friendly. Costumer service was not bad up until something started to go wrong.

Unfortunately they have some flaws that for some reason sometimes they multiple charge my students or don't charge at all. It will happen once in a while and when that happen, their customer service become very slow and dismissive, they will send you to the processor and the processor will send you back to them. For instance, now, I have been asking to talk to a supervisor for days and they simply don't call and when I call to reach someone no one is ever available. It is very unfortunate because as I said the system is very user friendly, but they are not trust worth.

Zen Planner gave me notice of cancellation after I refused to remove this review. Based on the problems I have had with them, I already had in mind and was searching for a more reliable system. Unfortunately I was forced to do it rushed, I have been trusting all my billing transactions and contacts to Zen Planner, and this transfer process does take a long time. one of the supervisors dealt with this situation very unprofessionally, focusing on make me remove my review rather then fix the real issue, treatned a few times and finally just gave me notice. I have never seen this before... I can't stress enough that you can't trust such important information for your business in such hands.

Daniel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Bad service

Bewertet am 18.8.2021

After using their product for a couple of years and when covid forced our company to shutdown, they kept charging our business our monthly rate. After calling them to see if they would be kind enough to refund our payments they wouldn’t oblige nor would they freeze our account so I had to cancel our membership which was a big headache. I had to write a cancellation notice as well as call the different financial companies that had led our credit card transactions, etc. It’s u fortunate that after being a loyal client as well as referring a few of my colleagues to their business they would be compassionate enough to help our their clients with a small gesture.

Data entry, membership retention, payment plan

Couldn’t refund client right away after credit card payment mistake. Had to call a different company that dealt with the credit card transaction.

Mindbody

Warum Zen Planner gewählt wurde

Customer service
Justin

Workhorse

Bewertet am 20.7.2019

zenplanner does exactly what you need a CRM tool to do most, it manages your current customers. Sure it integrates well for other uses such as lead capture, retail purchases, payroll, etc. Bit what I love is that it never fails at what we really need it to do, allow our service to be used by our customers, collect payments and evaluate customer data, allowing us to retain more members.

Reporting capabilities are immense allowing us to evaluate our business’ performance metrics and understand exactly what to focus on improving.

Customer service is the best out of any service our business uses.

It is very hard to learn how to use on your own. But, if you take the initiative to ask for help and training, the staff will teach you and save you hundreds of frustrating hours.

Antwort von Daxko

Thank you for the good words, Justin!

Gavin

Tried the others, using Zen Planner

Bewertet am 11.2.2020

Extremely positive.

Extremely positive.

Extremely user friendly. I could figure out how it worked quite easily and i am not a tech Wiz which I found to be quite pleasing.

the common problems that happens with all of the software like it. when the whole system goes down. It is not unique to ZP it has happened with others as well.

Antwort von Daxko

Thank you for the good words, Gavin!

Logan

Customer service is THE best

Bewertet am 27.7.2021

Once you learn how to use the system, it's easy to charge people and view membership history. There are so many financial tools available and that side can get a little confusing (like narrowing down your quarterly taxes is a bit of a hassle). I have yet to find a product with better customer support. They always answer promptly and always have a solution.

This software makes it easy to track membership history, but the BEST thing about Zen Planner is their customer service. They're friendly, they answer fast and they ALWAYS know how to fix an issue.

Zen Planner is quite an advanced system, so it is easy to get lost. Luckily, the customer service is always there to save you (except for holidays and off-hours of course). The app sometimes crashes. It could use an update.

Antwort von Daxko

Thanks so much for leaving your review, Logan! We appreciate the feedback and having you in the Zen Planner community.

PENNY

ABOUT ZENPLANNER

Bewertet am 13.8.2019

THEY HAVE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT CAN SOLVE BASICALLY ANY PROBLEM WITHIN THE LIMITS OF THE SOFTWARE. THEY ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE WHEN YOU NEED THEM AND SO HELPFUL.

THAT IT MAKES MY JOB EASIER BY AUTOMATING PROCESSES

DOESN'T HAVE ALL THE FEATURES I NEED. ALSO TOO HARD TO LEARN ALL THE FEATURES SO I'M NOT MAXIMIZING IT'S FEATURES. THERE ARE LIMITED ON BOARDING SESSIONS SO WHEN THEY STOPPED, SO DID MY LEARNING

TeamViewer Remote, RingEX und Mindbody

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Zen Planner

MORE ECONOMICAL

Antwort von Daxko

Thank you, Penny! We think our customer service team is pretty great as well!

Sarah

Great System

Bewertet am 15.8.2018

ZenPlanner has been very reliable and does what we want it to except for the odd issue. Sometimes I get so frustrated I want to switch providers but then realize that the other providers still aren't as good as ZP so I just have to stick it out. If they increased their speed at which they fixed bugs and/or simple features then I would be a very happy customer.

It's a great CRM for a small fitness facility. From reviews from competitors, it appears to be the best however I haven't personally tried the others. The Chat feature is great to be able to quickly message with employees when I have questions or concerns.

They are very slow to fix bugs and/or simple features. It's almost like they don't even have tech employees to fix these things.

Coach

Ok but not great

Bewertet am 5.3.2015

I can do a lot with this software. Apparently does everything that Front Desk offers in their middle tier of pricing - for half the cost. I manage staff payroll and reserving classes, too. I can do analytics and reports. They have always been very nice on the phone (if unable to help.)

On the down side, it's buggy and painfully slow. Plus it doesn't work very well on mobile, either for clients, coaches, or the business owner. My athletes often say they can't reserve class on their phones. Everyone wants to do everything on their phones but ZP does not accommodate this! The workout tracking was painful to use - they keep adding features like this but I wish they would just make the ones they have work better. Their much vaunted software improvements were a disappointing thin skin over the same stuff.

Despite my annoyance I have learned to work around the bugs and stuck with them for many years. I will probably continue to wait for software improvements. Not a ringing endorsement by any means, but the software is functional and the price is right.

Antwort von Daxko

We appreciate your feedback. We are continually investing in our solution, and have recently launched several notable enhancements focused on mobility, usability and stability. Many of our customers are constantly on the go and need easy-to-use software on their phones and tablets. This is a major focus for us, and you'll see a number of new mobile-friendly features launched in the near future. Additionally, we continue to invest in our Workout Tracking functionality, and recently launched a new-and-improved member experience for viewing workouts, tracking the leaderboard and logging results, all designed specifically for mobile. We would love to get you into our beta testing program, where customers are invited to provide feedback on new functionality before it's launched. Please send an email to product@zenplanner.com for details on joining this beta. - Christina Von Stroh, Director of Product - Zen Planner

Cindy

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] at ZenPlanner is Top Notch

Bewertet am 1.8.2022

The customer service is stellar. Everyone I've spoken to is smart, friendly and efficient. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did our transition to GAINS payment processing and I couldn't have asked for more warm, knowledgeable and efficient support. Her follow-up with me has been outstanding.

It's not great for use with membership under 18; we do a lot of programming for children and need a way to have both parents as primary email contacts, need a way to communicate both with parents and with the 13-18 year old group. Grading (movement between programs and belt levels) is difficult.

Cara

I used to use Zen Planner

Bewertet am 7.10.2019

Overall, it was great to have a place to run transactions, and keep track of member accounts, however the issues we had with zenplanner holding our money required that we switch to a different system.

I liked how wonderful, helpful and prompt the customer support was. I found them very easy to talk to and easy to get ahold of.

I was calling customer support daily, I took over the business from someone else who left a very messy zenplanner for me to sort out. That could be the reason I was constantly calling, but another reason is that some of the features that I thought could have been easier to use were not. I ended up switching to a different system because we were having a lot of issues with the money, one time zenplanner held our money for 2 months, when we finally found out why, the process to reclaim that money was ridiculous.

taylor

Incredible!

Bewertet am 23.5.2017

Best Support Team!!! they seriously rock and has helped me trouble shoot all issues I've had over the phone or over quick emails. Anything i didn't know how to do they were super helpful and worked so hard to help me implement their software and making things very easy. Allows me to filter my classes, students and programs very easily. Beautiful Website integration (similar to mindbody but easier to use for customer) Keeps track of how much a client owes me and allows me to create a parole for my employees. I own a Holistic wellness center that does everything from Yoga and martial arts to acupuncture and energy work and zen planner allows us to manage everything smoothly while keeping track of all of our clients with ease. If your looking for a scheduling software i highly recommend this software. Has really taken a weight off my shoulders as a business owner and let me focus on more important thing.

The initial set up of the program is a little difficult, it was hard to navigate through at first but again, awesome support team that explained it very well.
Only other con is that the website integration is a little difficult and not as pretty on mobile.

Harley
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

It has it's ups and downs.

Bewertet am 22.4.2021

Overall it is a great program, but is does have some room for improvement.

Overall it is a great program, but is does have some room for improvement.

Zen Planner has a lot of good features. Billing, client tracking, scheduling, and integration into our website are all pretty smooth.

As a gym, we cannot select which members see what programming. Example, if we have 2 different programs available, all members can see both programmed workouts. We have had some inconsistency in emails being sent out. Sometimes emails to our members don't send in a timely manner through their system.

Elizabeth
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Library and a Benchmark

Bewertet am 12.3.2020

Our gym uses this App to track our work outs. A friend and I were using the custom result fields to track our daily 1 minute Bike Sprint. We found, though, that when we went to the library we couldn't track our results. I contacted Zen Planner and was helped quickly; initially, it appeared to be a simple issue but turned out that there were some "corrupted" files. After getting our gym owner involved, ZenPlanner was able to resolve the issue.

Ease of use; simple to find information

I wish the same type of exercises would always come up together in the library. Occasionally when I go to the library to look up a specific exercise multiple of the same come up and I have to click in and out of them to see the results.

Thank You Elizabeth!

Frustrating, super buggy, unfulfilled potential with good customer service

Bewertet am 12.4.2018

The customer service reps are very nice and helpful. Unfortunately you will get to know them on a first name basis.

This is the buggiest software I have ever used. There is always something going on making what you can potentially do a hassle. It actually increases what you have to do relative to not being able to use the functionality and having to constantly call in to customer support. Not to mention having to put out fires with your members when the bugginess effects them.

Jenna
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Easy Way to Sign Up for Crossfit Classes

Bewertet am 20.2.2021

Great way to reserve crossfit classes and see who else is attending.

Great way to reserve crossfit classes and see who else is attending.

Zan Planner makes it easy to sign up for crossfit classes. It is also a great way to edit payment, etc. I like the feature of being able to see who is specifically signed up for class as well. Extra motivation to attend class!

Sometimes it can be glitchy and somehow signs me out of a class I already reserved. It has happened 2-3 times in the past 6 months.