Bench

4,5 (304)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Du führst dein Unternehmen. Die Anwendung erledigt deine Buchhaltung.

Sortieren nach

Manabu
Manabu

Solves the Startup Book-keeping Headaches

Bewertet am 4.10.2017

All of my book-keeping headaches are gone!

All of my book-keeping headaches are gone!

I really like it that Bench people essentially leave me alone and they will do all the bookkeeping stuff for me. It is not my forte, so it is great and done at much lower price point than hiring a firm. The web interface is great and pretty much you upload your expense receipts and they will take care of it.

Occasionally the bank statement transfers stops, then takes a bit of trial and errors for it to work, only happens perhaps once a year or so. No biggie, but could improve it.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Manabu - Thank you for your kind words! We're thrilled to be able to ease the headache of bookkeeping for you. We've passed the message on to Nadeeshi and the rest of your team, and you've made their day much brighter. - SP

Scott
  • Branche: Musik
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Enjoying Bench Accounting for my Small Business

Bewertet am 25.5.2021

Bench helps me stay on top of my bookkeeping and know that my "i"s are dotted and "t"s are crossed.

I like how simple it was to connect my bank accounts as well as third party payors (eg. paypal, stripe). The interface is intuitive to navigate and uploading receipts using my custom email is a nifty trick!

I wish linking to Bench Tax or having some sort of tax center was a bit more seamless.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi, Scott! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're thrilled to hear that you're finding our interface user friendly, and that your team has been able to help you stay on top of your finances!

Michelle
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Stay away from Bench.co !!

Bewertet am 2.4.2024

Was great for years. 2022 to 2024 has been a sad decline for them and its left is starting from scratch since their system won't integrate into any other programs

Bookkeepers were friendly but they didn't have the support to follow through on topics discussed in calls

Quality has plummeted in the last two years. Customer service team is the absolute worst i have ever encountered. We have asked to speak to [sensitive content hidden]'s supervisor, but he won't. She is rude, condescending and knows nothing about bookkeeping

Ashley
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

I wish we would have invested in this sooner!

Bewertet am 23.6.2020

I LOVE it so much!! I wish we would have started using this from the start with our business.

Bench has changed our business for the better! Having all of our books from month to month in one place is GAME changing! My favorite part is the real time look at the health of our business because our books are now done monthly. I can be confident that we'll never be behind! Which helps us make better business decisions!

When I was first new to Bench and terms like "balance sheet" and "profit and loss" I wished there was a hover by where you click on them at the top that gave a quick description of what each meant.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

We're thrilled to hear this, Ashley! We've passed your glowing words to your bookkeeping team, who will be equally as thrilled.

Veronica
  • Branche: Bau

Satisfied Customer

Bewertet am 27.5.2022

I love it. Bench tracks all expenses and the team communicates regarding expenses in question and suggest "expense categories."

I love how user friendly the software is. Everything is easy to upload and the team is able to communicate with you and ask for documents or ask questions.

I have no complaints about any aspect of the software. Very satisfied overall.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Veronica, we're so happy to hear you're loving how user-friendly our software is, and how communicative your team has been! We're excited to keep providing the support you need so you can continue to grow your business!

Tony

Finally a one stop shop

Bewertet am 18.5.2021

So far so good! Love seeing reports every month.

So far so good! Love seeing reports every month.

I love that I can finally focus on what I do best. Customer service is friendly and answers all questions in a timely manner.

An online chat would be great for faster response. Since I don’t want to be on this platform very often, when I am, I’d like answers quickly.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi, Tony. It's great to hear that you've received the support you need to focus on other areas of your business! Your bookkeeping team can always be reached via the message feed, should you have any questions about "Huck LLC's" bookkeeping. Thanks for being with Bench!

Don
  • Branche: Automotive

DO NOT USE BENCH

Bewertet am 12.2.2024

The worst experience. They will steal from you and provide no services.

The worst experience. They will steal from you and provide no services.

Nothing. They do not know what they are doing. There customer service is horrible.

This is a very incompetent company. They have charged me thousands for services that they have not performed. I have used them for almost a year. I have tried to cancel them and they keep charging me. When you call, no one answers in any department. The voice mail states that they will call you back with in 1 business day. My rep ([sensitive content hidden]) makes appointments and will not hold the appointment time. You sit there and wait for them and they never call.

Dear Don,

We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience you've had with our services. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide. We take your feedback seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to investigate and address your concerns. Our customer success team will be reaching out to resolve the issues you've encountered promptly.

We understand the importance of reliable and transparent service, and your feedback is invaluable in helping us improve. We are committed to ensuring a better experience for our customers, and we hope to have the chance to regain your trust.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Angela
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great option to take bookkeeping off my plate

Bewertet am 19.1.2022

I've gained more time and mental space to focus on other things since handing my books over to bench.

Using bench takes bookkeeping tasks off my plate, giving me more time to focus on more important areas to grow my business.

I am not able to get quite as granular with monthly reports as I was doing my own books with Quickbooks, but the bookkeepers are very helpful with providing info when requested.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

It's great to hear we've been able to make your life a little easier, Angela! Thank you so much for sharing and for being with us.

John
John

Better Suited to Larger Companies

Bewertet am 15.7.2023

Bench is useful and helped me to navigate the early days of my company, but I could've saved a lot of money doing some of the data correlation myself and hiring a tax expert directly.

I like that Bench can customize the experience and give you almost any list of metrics.

Bench is more expensive than other options I've tried, but much of that is my fault. Their pricing is based on working with much larger companies.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi John, we're so happy to be supporting you and your business during the growth of your company. We strive to offer competitive pricing to reflect the value of the services we provide, including access to a dedicated team of in-house bookkeepers and our proprietary software that automates many bookkeeping tasks.

Marian
Marian
  • Branche: Internet

White Glove Service for White Collar Small Businesses

Bewertet am 3.11.2020

The customers service is incredible. I know that there is a TEAM supporting me, while I still know the name of my main contact person. The platform is easy to use and aesthetically pleasing.

I have not found anything I don't like about my experience with Bench. They're awesome!

Thanks, Marian!

Nick
  • Branche: Design
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Only Do What Only You Can Do

Bewertet am 6.2.2021

Pleasant interactions with all personnel I’ve spoken with over the phone or via email. Onboarding was easy and comprehensive. The financials dashboard -+ the app is well designed and easy to access.

Offloading expense tracking was a massive weight off of my shoulders. I now have more time to lead my small team and know that my accounting is in good hands - if there is ever a question or discrepancy they reach out immediately.

Honestly the price. I wish it were significantly cheaper. Much of the expense tracking is already done through freshbooks, other financial input apps have APIs for the Bench team to use as well - so I don’t think the limited personal interactions (which is not a detriment-the less I can talk to accountants the better) warrants the steep price tag.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

FreshBooks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bench

Deeper analytics and reconciliation of accounts

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Thank you so much for sharing, Nick! We're thrilled to hear that we have been able to help take a massive weight off of your shoulders!

Jacob
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

SaaS, but with people you get to know

Bewertet am 8.11.2022

Bit of a bumpy onboarding with aggressive trials clearly operated by a different team, but so much smoother once you start a subscription and are assigned your bookkeeper.

A pleasant mix of self-service software, with a reliably consistent team who does genuinely get to know my business.

It is a walled garden, so no integrations with any existing software. Leads to a lot of duplicate or redundant content in Xero, Expensify, and other tools I use.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bench

I still use Xero for accounts receivable, but I was struggling to do my own accounting.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Jacob, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and providing feedback. We're thrilled to hear that your team has been consistent and knows your business. We have also taken your feedback back to our teams internally to see if there are any improvements we can make

Emily
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

One less thing off of my plate...

Bewertet am 9.11.2020

I am saving myself hours and hours of handling the bookkeeping. I am confident that it is done correctly and I am not missing anything. I like having someone to ask bookkeeping questions to if need be.

I was hesitant to start Bench because I thought I could handle the bookkeeping for our business on my own. Managing money has always been a strength for me. However, as my company grows I find that I need to keep delegating and removing things off of my plate. At the same time as a business owner I like to keep as much cash inside the company as possible.

I finally gave the free trial a chance and it has been the BIGGEST weight off of me. I know that my bookkeeping is totally taken care of and done professionally. The stress of organizing everything for taxes is lifted off, and I know that I always have someone working on it everyday on my behalf.

Anytime I have questions I get an immediate response along with very valuable advice. I am a Bench customer for life!

I don't like that it keeps disconnecting to my bank account. We've had a few technical issues with that. It can be very time consuming and frustrating especially since I am extremely busy already. I also have to confirm purchases from months prior and that can take a long time! When I confirm those purchases it is usually 30+ transactions and at that point I don't even remember all of them so it takes a while for me to locate receipts. I really dislike that too. I wish it were less expensive for us a small business owner as well.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Emily! We're thrilled to hear that we have been able to take one more thing off your plate. We have also shared your feedback with your team! A member of our Client Success team would also love to connect with you regarding your pain points. We will be reaching out via email shortly!

Arsen
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

After happily using Bench for almost 2 years, I DONT recommend it at all

Bewertet am 21.3.2022

I saw many articles about bad experiences with Bench before I decided to work with them. I also saw dozens of good reviews about them. I didn't mind bad ones and thought it won't happen to me. But it happened.

Let's talk about the service and value I got; It's just bookkeeping software with a guy sitting in front of it. They consistently put my expenses in the wrong category. I had to check all the transactions manually every time. I did this with Xero for less than $40/mo. All transactions from my bank account are automatically imported to Xero and I just need to check once a month. No value here.

I didn't mind paying +$200/mo more for the same result since we had no problem with them. I also felt more secure since there is someone on the line. They offered me to file my taxes for an additional fee. I agreed. They filed franchise and corporate taxes for 2020. Everything was smooth and simple. I decided to extend my subscription for another year.

Last month, in the middle of tax season, I received an email saying that they will not file my taxes since I am a US non-resident. I respectfully understand that they made some decisions regarding their services. I am totally ok with it, but I should be informed about this in advance.
But informing me a few weeks before the deadline, in the middle of tax season, when it's impossible to find an available CPA is a selfish attitude that shows they don't care about their clients.

Standard features that all bookkeeping apps have. Syncs my bank transactions to the app. Saves time.

Service. I paid more only to have a human backed bookkeeping service to file my taxes. But it didn't happen.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Thank you Arsen for sharing your experience with us. We sincerely regret to hear that this has been your experience with us, as we aim to provide accurate and open communications with our clients. A member of our Client Success Team has reached out to discuss your concerns, and we have passed this review to our Bench Tax team for further review.

Bench Service has drastically deteriorated

Bewertet am 27.9.2023

Their service level has gone down substantially. We have used them for years, but this year its been absolutely horrible.

cost, ease of use, connection to other platforms

only cash basis accounting. They do not do accrual. Their service for anything like updating balance sheets with loans, etc is awful. Getting in touch with them via email or phone is next to impossible. It didnt used to be that way.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hello! Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We regret to hear that this has been your experience with us, and would like to make things right. Please email us at client.care@bench.co so we can assist you!

Tony
  • Branche: Vorstandsbüro
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Bookkeeper there is!

Bewertet am 8.9.2020

Bench always delivers above and beyond and i love their service.

Bench always delivers above and beyond and i love their service.

Bench is an amazing product that is in the cloud. I love that i can access my books from anywhere on the go and get a snapshot of how the company is doing week to week.

There are no cons at this point. I wish they started an accounting arm that tied to bench since their product is so awesome!

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Tony! Thanks so much for the lovely words! We have a network of CPA's that we can refer to our clients. They are trained on our platform, and work really well with our service! If you're interested, let your bookkeeping team know, and they can guide you with next steps. All the best!

• Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Good start, low customization

Bewertet am 9.2.2021

Overall, I still recommend Bench if you are starting out and a small business under $1 Million in sales. However, as you grow, I would recommend switching to Quickbooks.

Prior to Bench, we used Quickbooks, and it was lifesaver! We had no idea how to use Quickbooks for bookkeeping and Bench made it easy for us. There was low setup involved and their dashboard was amazing.

As our company grew, we needed more information in our financial statements. At the time, there was low customization with Bench, and we couldn't add or change things in regards to our Profit and Loss statement. Also, at the time, they only did cash based accounting.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We are constantly looking to improve our service, and listening to your feedback is hugely important to us!

Susan
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great bookkeeping company

Bewertet am 29.4.2019

Overall Bench has saved me time with preparing all bank reconciliations and year end tax preparation. It's also a stress relief that it's done thoroughly and properly. It's not just one person being accountable for my bookkeeping needs but the company stands behind it.

I like the ease of having my bookkeeping done on a timely basis and not having to think about it until I get a message to review the month. I can then easily go in and make notes of any changes to be made or answer their questions to me. The customer service is excellent as well. They integrate with my payroll company too which saves time.

They don't integrate with my Customer Management System and they don't use QuickBooks which I also use. I process invoices through my CMS which also provides my scheduling, customer profiles, employee payroll reports, etc. I would love it if Bench would integrate their system to it so I can better track invoices. Instead I have to do that through QuickBooks but am only using a small portion of what QB offers since Bench does my bank reconciliation and they don't use QB. So I'm still paying for QB for this part of what I need. I have a daily service company and I process client credit cards daily in addition to tracking some clients that still write checks and a few who pay via ACH. I do that within QB. At this point I'm not aware of a better way if I want to continue using Bench for bookkeeping.

James
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Shockingly Incompetent

Bewertet am 24.2.2021

I had Bench do a full year of bookkeeping for my company and consulted them on aspects of the PPP loan program.

I found them shockingly incompetent. Many mistakes. Much flat-out wrong technical information about the PPP program. It was the most recent encounter with them over the PPP program that motivates me to write this review, to warn the public.

They should not represent themselves as PPP experts.

The pros are beside the point because the cons are so overwhelming.

They should not represent themselves as PPP experts.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi James, thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback. We always want to make sure we're continuously addressing client questions and their experience. We had passed your concerns to our Client Success Team and understand a senior leader has been in touch with you to discuss this further. We really appreciate your transparency as we work through this with you.

Missy
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Takes the hassle work out of financial reporting

Bewertet am 30.4.2019

Overall Bench has helped me to track and monitor my business financials. Tax seasons has been a breeze the last two years with Bench - something a lot of freelancers struggle with.

- no need to use quickbooks
- friendly and responsive staff when issues arise
- individual bookkeeper assigned to your account
- user interface is friendly and accessible
- reporting features are solid
- costs less than hiring your own bookkeeper
- affordable rates which are advantageous for small businesses

- auto syncing does not connect w Capital One bak accounts which results oftentimes a 2-3 week lag in getting monthly reports back
- only retrospective reporting; no prospective budgeting features (need to use separate software)
- does not provide tax accounting services; only bookkeeping
- cannot easily customize revenue subledgers without discussing w accountant
- no categories of fixed/variable expenses
- cannot upload documents via mobile devices

Christina

Seamless Bookkeeping

Bewertet am 20.8.2019

My experience has been overall positive! My bookkeeper is there when I need him and always professional and friendly!

Simply put, Bench took a headache away and made managing my bookkeeping easy and seamless. It also encourages me to be more aware of receivables and expenses + I really appreciate that I can check my books at any time, day or night. The overall look of the site is clean and approachable, and the interface is simple.

A few times my bank accounts have come "unlinked" somehow and I've had to go back in and link them.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Christina! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! We've passed this along to your bookkeeping team, and I know they will be thrilled to hear this!

Patrick
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Awesome tool, great customer service, and affordable!

Bewertet am 6.4.2018

What I love the most is the customer service. Despite this being a "bookkeeping software/tool", you get a dedicated accountant. Executives are so responsive. Every time I have a question, I get a response that same day. The platform is also easy to use, and the interface makes it really easy to upload documents, download reports, etc. Really recommend!

One small issue is the capabilities. If you have highly complex bookkeeping needs (a unique situation or business model), this may not work for you. This doesn't matter for 99% of businesses.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Patrick - This is so lovely to hear! We're so glad we've been able to help take bookkeeping off of your plate. I've passed this on to Michael and your team, and you've made their day. - SP

Daniel
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Very Happy With BENCH

Bewertet am 28.4.2022

Easy Way To Stay On Top Of My Business, Taxes & Reports.

Easy Way To Stay On Top Of My Business, Taxes & Reports.

Very Easy To Use. Has many features & functionality.

I can't think of any. Very thorough for my particular needs.

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Hi Daniel! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review!
We are excited to continue providing you the support you need so can continue to grow your business!

RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

Bewertet am 27.4.2018

Nothing food to say honestly. Never got it off the ground. When I asked for a refund it was a hassle

If you look around and have your ducks in a row you will find these people are price gouging businesses and their pricing tactics are horribly unfair to the prospective customer. My best advice is RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

Hi George,
I'm really sorry that your initial Onboarding experience didn't align with your expectations, and that you weren't able to experience our ongoing monthly service. We strive for clear and upfront pricing, which is why we have fixed pricing packages based on monthly expenses and add-ons. We are proud of the value we provide our clients as America's largest bookkeeping service. We do not price match with other businesses nor do we heavily discount our catch-up service. While we can't give you back your time, you have been fully refunded. We also have taken your feedback to our team to help ensure that we provide a consistent Onboarding experience and prevent situations like yours in the future. If there's more we can do to assist you, Sarah from our Client Care team is happy to speak with you further.

Brenda
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Bench is making my life easier!

Bewertet am 25.8.2020

This is the easiest bookkeeping software I've ever come across. I've been a freelance art director for many years, and have used Quickbooks, Less Accounting, and Freshbooks. With each of those, I was reminded that I'm not a bookkeeper and usually ended up messing up my books somehow.

In contrast, the Bench interface is really straight forward and simple to understand, it is easy to use, and the team is really responsive. The absolute best part is having a team of bookkeepers who know what they're doing, who take care of it all for me! They reach out if there are questions, and I can check in anytime I like. I now have confidence that my books are correct, and I have more time to focus on my business.

So far, I've found no cons to using Bench. I only wish I would have done it sooner!

Antwort von Bench Accounting

Better late than never, Brenda! We're so thrilled to hear that we are able to support you and your business. Thanks for sharing!