1Password

1559 Softwareoptionen

Stephen m B.

It Should Be Installed By Default

Bewertet am 13.5.2021

Overall, this is a kick-ass product! You pay for it though so you expect that level of premium upgrades and security. At $36/yr it's a reasonable expense at about $0.75/week to keep all your data in one place, secured. Again, with all of the ways, they allow you to access your information they really provide the most flexibility possible while keeping your information safe.

I'm still waiting for the horrible headline - "1Password Hacked". Thankfully, that day hasn't come and hopefully never will. The software is easy to use in either browser extension or full-application mode. I was able to make all of my passwords random 8-16 characters and different for every service I use. I feel much more secure than I did just a few months ago. It's easy to access across many devices once authorized. I have it on my computers, phone, and even watch. It not only allows passwords but some payment information, so that pesky credit card number you can't remember is always at hand.

Sometimes, I think it has to do with the site's form submission, you are not prompted to save the password you just entered or created. In that case, if it was generated with 1P, you can pretty easily find it in your password list and add the site domain and username. In other cases, where you created the password, 1P does not know it and you do need to manually add it yourself. These scenarios are maybe every 1-in-10 sites you create an account on.

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

I tried LastPass for a little while. It seemed a little more confusing to me. I think there were more granular options, maybe, especially for groups, but I just found it a little more cumbersome to use.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

I personally prefer the look, feel, and layout of 1Password. I have recommended both LastPass and 1Password to friends and family depending on their preferences - as long as their data is safe.
Andrew K.
  • Branche: Internet

Great Password Vault w/ Extensive Features

Bewertet am 23.7.2019

Overall, 1Password has proven to be a very effective and reliable tool for my business needs. Its universal application amongst our team has substantially upgraded our internal security protocols, and its user friendly admin panel through the web browser makes password management relatively simple. I would highly recommend this product for anyone searching for a password management tool.

This particular password application is available for PC, Mac, and mobile, and I have been using it for all three types of devices. It has structured templates that make it easy to add, delete, or edit existing logins or banking information. Some of it's more beneficial advanced features include the Watchtower, which identifies weak, duplicate, and expiring password, the Password Generator, which allows you to easily create new passwords, and an advances search which can help you identify where specific passwords or usernames are located.

While the application is conveniently available via web browser, desktop, and mobile application, each format operates distinctly different. The mobile version, for example, has substantially limited features when compare to the browser and desktop app versions. In addition, organizations or teams can only be managed through the web browser version, which means you need an actually computer to add/delete users or edit permissions.

Aaron P.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Fantastic Password Management, but questionable business decisions make it impossible to...

Bewertet am 20.10.2021

This is a difficult question to answer, as up until recently my overall experience with 1Password has been extremely positive. However, as a result of the questionable business decisions listed above, my experience has become increasingly soured. I simply cannot and will not recommend 1Password to anyone at this point.

1Password is hands down the best password manager on the market. It has an attractive interface, multiple sync options, a flexible password generator, and a plethora of features beyond simple password management - such as secure notes, the ability to store credit card and bank account info. In addition, it is fully cross platform, with clients for the Mac, Windows, iOS, Android and even Linux. Unfortunately, no matter how good 1Password is as a password manager, due to recent changes (see below), these Pros are largely moot.

AgileBits, the owner of 1Password, has made a number of very questionable decisions over the past couple of months, making it nearly impossible for me to recommend it, despite how good the software maybe. The long and short of it is a little over a year ago, AgileBits accepted a fair amount of venture capital money, and ever since their business model has changed drastically - going from a customer first model, to a profit over all else model. A short list of the questionable and user-hostile changes:
• Switching to Electron for future app development (for the record, Electron is a terrible user experience when compared to native apps).
• Removing standalone licenses and forcing all users to a subscription/software-as-a-service model.
• Forcing all users to store their passwords in the 1Password cloud, vs. previously being able to store your password locally, reducing the security of your passwords.
• Removing extremely important features from their clients without warning (specifically the iOS share sheet extension), and then dismissing user's frustrations about said removals.
• Completely tone-deaf developers (specifically in the [SENSITIVE CONTENT]), who seem to no longer understand or respect the 1P user base. The development team has become increasingly dismissive of user complaints/concerns of where 1P is heading.
• Finally, and most worrisome, AB has actively lied to its user base when claiming a change won't be made, and then making that change (or vice versa).

Keeper Business, LastPass und Bitwarden

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

I have been using 1Password for the better part of a decade, and have only recently started to look into alternatives. Unfortunately, with the direction 1Password is heading, it is extremely likely that I will be moving onto a new password manager. Given that I am heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, Apple's own password manger (iCloud Keychain) is a very attractive option. In addition, Bitwarden, while not as polished as 1Password, is far better priced with more options, including a self-hosting option, and is fully cross-platform. Minimalist Password Manager is relatively new on the market, but is well designed, with a good road map and very responsive developers - its biggest downside is it is macOS/iOS only. Finally, LastPass and Keeper are expensive and clunky to use.
Jeremy brand Y.

Does what it's supposed to, but transition between licensing formats is a headache for...

Bewertet am 5.6.2018

Upgraded security and privacy

1Password is a solid password manager that's available pretty much everywhere. It's been my manager of choice for quite a while after my last job covered licenses for the whole company. In addition to passwords, it also manages identities and payment methods, which makes filling forms out a breeze.

Since leaving that job, I went ahead and sprung for the individual license. Things have been fine up until recently, with their push to 1Password 7. They are clearly trying to move lifetime licensees to a monthly subscription, and it's breaking the software for me in critical ways.

Despite having a license, the Chrome extension still only runs in "read-only mode" i.e. completed nerfed password tool. Recent updates has made this significantly worse than other password managers on the market. I would have given up long ago had I not already paid for it.

Here's an example: Want to create a 1Password account on desktop to sync and save passwords? First sign in on web! Oh, you'll need an account to sign in. Don't have an account? View this FAQ. The FAQ says, enter your secret key. Oh, the Mac version doesn't have a secret key? Looks like you have the wrong version! You need the membership, which costs a monthly fee. And, surprise, now your extension is in read only mode, hope you don't mind we took that away.

I don't know if it's their weird decision to fork the Mac app store version from 1Password 6/7 (a move done to extract more money from monthly subscriptions, I'm sure), how they are handling the vault syncing with external services or WHAT, but this once solid tool is growing stale, fast.

Antwort von 1Password Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Jeremy Brand,

Thank you for reviewing 1Password!

I am sorry about the trouble with the Chrome extension. Please try to remove it and then install it using this link: https://1password.com/browsers

Let me know if that fixes the problem with the extension for you.

Thanks!

Best regards, Roustem
Founder of 1Password
Toronto, Canada

Nick W.
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Year After Year - A Continual Winner

Bewertet am 12.10.2021

I've had 1Password since the company started. With years of experience, I can say that the company is maybe the best ever for support. The surprise for me is how they keep integrating new and useful features to the app. Such a great company.

What I like most is how well this product has developed over the years. Clearly, this is a company interested in the value of the product for the market. Coupled with their top-tier support, I can't say enough good things about 1Password!

There really isn't anything I don't like about the product.

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

1Password was simply a superior product with outstanding support! A great family business!

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

I had used the trial. 1Password is simply in a class unto itself. Second place is so far behind that they think they are in first!
Kai L.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Combining great design and great functionality. Easy to stay secure.

Bewertet am 2.6.2021

I love the design. The software interface makes it a joy to use. Having the option to create multiple vaults for different areas of your life, and then enable or disable them based on the browser instance you're in is super handy for keeping logins seperate, but in the same account.

Another great feature is the in-built two factor authentication. When I log into an application, it fills in the 2FA along with the username and password and saves me a heap of time - without compromising my security.

Finally, the biometrics login (using your fingerprint, Face ID, Apple Watch etc.) to login to 1password is super handy. Makes for a quick and simple accessing experience.

Couple of things. I came from LastPass, which had two features I miss. Firstly, it's hard to share logins in 1password. It sorta forces you to either send a one-use clunky link via text or email, or setup a (paid) shared vault. LastPass just allowed you to invite someone and it would drop into their account.

The other thing is saving logins the first time you signup for account, or access an account you haven't saved yet. With LastPass, even after putting in your details, clicking sign up/sign in and landing on the next page of the website, a little popup in the corner would prompt you to Save the login. Super handy. However, with 1password, I have to physically click Save Login on one of the fields as I enter them before I sign in or otherwise it doesn't give me the option to save them. It's a small thing, but was a great, common sense feature that I do miss with 1password.

Alain O.
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product for rewarding good password hygiene with easier logins

Bewertet am 28.5.2021

1Password is great to work with and their support team is responsive and honest. The product works smoothly and meets or exceeds our password management needs.

I really enjoy using 1Password. It is an integral part of my workflow. My colleagues have adopted it eagerly as well and it makes day to day logins into various systems much easier.

As an manager of a team of system administrators across security, cloud, and IT, one of the biggest wins 1Password gives me is a major reduction is password reset help tickets. That alone pays for the product.

Combine the user experience and reduction in workload with the awareness aspect of WatchTower and it makes 1Password an obvious choice for me and an easy recommendation for my peers in the industry.

As someone who has many accounts for the same service for different purposes, the lack of ability for the browser plugin to recognize which account is in the login form for auto-filling is a bit of a nuisance. Fixing this would be a major improvement to my workflow in the day.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

Cleaner integration in the desktop across platforms and great mobile support. Overall 1Password is more polished than LastPass.
Kevin Y.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best Password Manager Available

Bewertet am 21.5.2021

1Password is the best password manager available in my opinion. The way the app allows multiple ways to organize passwords (tagging, vaults, search, categories, and now archive!) is such a joy and it actually makes password management fun for me.

My history with the app has been a little confusing because of the way they've done versioning, but I'm willing to overlook that because of all the amazing features.

They also actually write real release notes when they push an update through the app store, which is such a breath of fresh air.

I've emailed their customer support multiple times and they've always been extremely helpful.

I like the 1Password community, and the fact that 1Password employees hop on there and help people out.

I've used LastPass for about a year or two, and I've trialed Dashlane, Bitwarden, and a bunch of others. I am a 1Password user 100% - the others frankly don't even come close.

The design, the organizational features, and the number of field options for each password entry.

The complexity of the 1Password App, 1Password browser extensions, 1Password X, 1Password 7, etc. - the versioning seems overly complex and a bit hard to understand. The history of it when they moved from a one time cost to monthly was a bit rough as well.

Mike M.
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Don't use the web without it. . .

Bewertet am 30.7.2021

Very productive and efficient.

Single, secure repository whose access is likewise secure for passwords, identities, and notes.

Many times after choosing a generated password for a new site, 1Password stores the password, but frustratingly fails to complete setting up the login. May be one of those "user errors", but I don't think so. . . .

Brian B.
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great cloud password management tool

Bewertet am 8.9.2021

Its very intuitive and gets the job done well.

Easily share a vaults of passwords with different employees/teams as needed.

I can't really think of anything negative about this software, but I do not know how much it costs.

Tim M.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Researched and used other, 1Password is the best for me.

Bewertet am 16.8.2021

I originally set up 1Password with out a lot of research. It was great except I wanted the ability to share individual records without having to create a separate vault for it. This lead me to doing more research when I started my own company and I settled on Keeper. I found that wile I initially thought Keeper was cheaper by the time I bought all the optional peaces it was the same or more expensive than 1Password and much more difficult to use (partial because of having more options). I did extensive searching and testing at this point and finaly went through the effort to switch back to 1Password. Save yourself the trouble, do your research on the front side, and/or just use 1Password, it's great.

My initial experience with one password comes from setting it up for a small/med. construction company. While security may be most important in a password app. usability is right next to it. A difficult to use app might as well not be rated for security because it won't be used. I found 1Password to be user friendly even with people who are the most unfriendly toward using a computer.
After useability:
-Shared Vaults (groups of passwords)
-Admin power and simplicity
-Guest access (in some packages) - this is the ability to share a vault with someone (client) for no additional charge and keep them separate from the rest of the organization (say you need access to some of there resources during a project)
-Integration of multiple accounts, I have a personal account (provided with my work account), a work account, and an account from a primary customer. When I sign in to my app I get access to these three authorized accounts with clear but convenient separation. Which comes back to, I use it because it's convinced and secure.

Read this as, my two feature requests, but if these are critical items for you, then be aware.
-Share single items, in 1Password all sharing is done by vault and over all this is a good thing but I'd like to have persons user credentials in a vault for that person but share just that item to a junior IT person. There are work arounds but that would be nice.
-Securely receive credentials as a one time event from an outside source. A reminder that the guest vault sharing I described above is outstanding it's overkill when you need to get a set of credentials from a client (or other source) and don't need to keep in in sync. I've seen this from a small solution. It sends a one time access url that is a form. After it is opened and closed it doesn't do anything anymore. If info is entered it creates and entry on my side.

These are small things I would like but I still chose 1Password over having those features.
If you must have them; Keeper has ability to share groups and individuals records - powerful but a little difficult
For the requesting feature look to to EliPass, I found this one feature great but the rest of the platform needs work.

Keeper Business, RoboForm, Bitwarden und LastPass

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

Usability and value (not the cheapest but good price points with great product)
Benjamin A.
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The Best Password Keeper (and I've tried many)

Bewertet am 24.6.2021

1password is great for individuals, but when it comes to teams, i keep track of my passwords i share in a spreadsheet. if anyone in my business were to leave, i generate a new password and share that with everyone except with the person that left. it keeps our passwords secure.

what i enjoy most is that this password keeper can keep all of my passwords synced between all of my devices and secure. I've tried dashlane, keeper, and lastpass and none were as easy to use as 1password

i don't like that they discontinued their one-time payment app. i bought 1password when it was $1.99 in the app store and had them ever since. the best $2 i ever spent

Darryl P.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Stop being dumb and disorganized, get 1Password for your business & family!

Bewertet am 9.6.2021

Agilebits has really grown 1Password in the right direction. I've been with them for 10+ years and not only do they actually have support that respond, they even take the time to respond well. They could respond more quickly, but I'm not going to complain much about that, within 24 hours and a good response instead of 72 hours and a canned response... I'll take that any day!

1Password has evolved into a very nice software. Their Business Teams feature has been key in organizing our company virtually. Teaching staff why its so important to use random military grade passwords everywhere and never reusing the same password is key for any business that doesn't like to be hacked. People are pretty dumb when it comes to their passwords, 1Password, when used properly, sets the bar where it needs to be! Stop texting logins everywhere, use 1Password shared vaults to "transfer" a login or other sensitive data to a staff or family member! I've had my kids on it since age 3 with family vault so I can manage their logins, and teach them good practice on login management since day one.

Having access to all sensitive data on the go with the mobile app, priceless. Seriously, why are you still reading this GO BUY IT AND FORCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO USE IT!

I have nothing bad to say, which is strange for me, as I am a critical mind and almost always find something to complain about :) Oh I got one, my complaint is that NOT EVERYONE IS USING IT! Fix that Agilebits!

iCloud und LastPass

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

At the time I chose 1Password because they were standalone vaults that gave me full control over my own data and security. Now anymore, many choose LastPass for price, but I would never sacrifice all the features, support, ease of use, and security that 1pass has provided all these years. I have studied the cloud-based version of 1pass, was impressed with their white-paper on how the encryption works, and wouldn't trust anyone else with a cloud-based solution, ESPECIALLY NOT APPLE / iCLOUD!!!
Carl-erik K.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

This is a no-brainer: buy this for your business!

Bewertet am 7.6.2021

This is the most secure, yet user-friendly, software solution available for password management in the enterprise. Screw LastPass, get thi. I can use it on any browser, I have it on all my phones, it has excellent 2FA abilities (got rid of both Microsoft and Google 2FA authenticators), etc.

Security and ease of use. So easy and great to administer.

I like pretty much everything, but for a long time I needed to have 2 1Password extensions installed. Both the "native" version that integrated with the desktop software and the web-only version, but now the web-only version has integration for the optional desktop software, so nowadays I have no complaints.

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

Poor security. Several breaches.

• Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Life changing security management

Bewertet am 1.6.2021

1Password leads the industry when it comes to password management. Beyond just storing login info, 1Password can secure arbitrary files/documents, text data, credit card info, Wi-Fi passwords, driver's licenses, passports, etc. Items can be organized into various vaults, some of which you can choose to share among members of your family or organization (depending on your plan) to easily keep shared passwords available to multiple users.

1Password integrates with just about every conceivable browser, and the extensions do their best to auto-fill login info automatically. Additionally, 1Password can store 2FA token generators for logins. After logging in, it can automatically paste the current code into the 2FA prompt, so it's about as easy as possible to have increased account security. Of course, whenever it copies data to the pasteboard automatically, it will restore the previous contents of the pasteboard shortly thereafter.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with 1Password. Yes, I had to go through a months long ordeal of transitioning my messy, insecure logins from Safari over to 1Password, which involved visiting every site and changing my passwords to use unique, randomly-generated secure passwords. But once I finally got everything organized, it has been effortless to keep all my logins, credit card, and even all my cryptocurrency info secured. The browser extensions and iOS integration make it effortless to log in about 95% of the time.

The Apple first-class citizens approach that 1Password employs means it's an incredibly polished and pleasant user experience on any Apple device, even though it's supported on Windows and Android as well. The design language instills confidence in the quality of the product as well, as does their industry-leading stance on security and data protection.

However, the single best feature in my mind is their world class customer support. Seriously, no other product I've ever used has the same level of support that 1Password offers. Whether you email them or tweet at them, you will receive a professional, personalized response extremely quickly, no matter whether you're asking a question or just leaving a compliment. Replies are offered using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, which may seem silly to point out, but when it comes to a product that you're trusting to secure your entire digital life, these factors go a long way to inspire trust that they take their product, business, and customers seriously.

It's hard to think of cons, honestly. Every con I can think of would usually involve some trivial nit pick which in no way affects the core experience. However, I'll list a few of them anyway.

1Password is a touch too opinionated when it comes to organizing fields, in my opinion. For some item types, 1Password mandates which fields appears, and those fields can't be moved around or deleted outright. If you leave them empty, they won't appear in the standard view, but still, someone OCD like me enjoys being able to exactly move things around. Perhaps more interesting is the fact that there are different restrictions on different platforms. On iOS, you can move some mandatory fields around that you can't on macOS. On Windows, text notes don't render Markdown whereas they do on macOS and iOS. On iOS, there doesn't appear to be a way to link related items, even though you can see already existing linked items if they were added on macOS.

Perhaps the biggest actual usability con for most people might be the desktop experience's information architecture. It can be confusing sometimes to figure out where you are. The navigation side bar might be hiding item categories which you have to reveal, or it may be confusing to know at a glance exactly what vault you are currently viewing. Every once in a while, I'll get a little lost in the navigation, which I suspect might be problematic for less tech savvy users.

• Branche: Internet

Ma favourite password manager

Bewertet am 10.5.2021

I LOVE 1Password, and use it everyday, for both my personal and my team (120 ppl).
One other team feature I love is that with a business account every member get a free personal licence for their families. It encourages them to bring good password management habits to their homes, which is great!

First, everyone should use a password manager! It must be promoted to anyone using the internet at all.
Then, among the few serious choices available, it comes down to personal preference, usability, a few functionalities that may differ.
I personally selected 1Password for my team because of:
- ease of use (great UI, good extensions with Chrome etc., the Mac app is great too)
- user-friendly dashboard that makes the onboarding easy for new users. it was a key criteria for a team where you can met some pushback at first
- some nice features like the overview of risky passwords, potential leaks, etc.

Some team management features could be added, like a better overview of logs.
It would be great also to have a way to share logins 1-to-1 with another team member. I must be a design decision, but the alternative is creating a new vault shared with the co-worker, but you end up with hundreds of vaults which isn't ideal.

LastPass und Dashlane for Business
Nadia P.
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Best way to ensure strong, secure passwords across the board

Bewertet am 29.4.2021

Very positive experience with 1Password in all the time I've used it. It's allowed me to really know and feel that my accounts are as safe as they can be, and much safer than the average person's. I like the idea of, at the very least, making myself a very difficult and undesirable target for account hacking because of this, and at most, making someone really have to work for it if they ever wanted to try to get into one of my accounts.

Before 1Password, I *know* that my accounts weren't nearly as safe. Maybe not safe at all. The fact is, there are SO many places that I have log-ins, and there is no way for me to remember unique, complicated passwords for the dozens and dozens of places I need them. The safest, most secure way to handle passwords is to have unique ones for every site (so if one site gets compromised, you don't inadvertently compromise every other site that you use that same password for). 1Password makes it actually possible for me to have strong passwords across the board in a way that I would NEVER be able to without this program.

It took me a while to figure out just how to properly use 1Password on the cloud, so that my passwords synced across devices. For a while, I had a situation where I'd have added a password to the app while using it on my phone and the password wouldn't sync to the app on my computer, for example. I did figure this out and ever since, things run smoothly. But it wasn't super intuitive. Also, for better or worse, I don't actually know most of the passwords that I have on all the sites I have log-ins *nervous laugh*. This is great because it means all my passwords are complicated and secure...but also potentially not great if I'm ever in a situation where I don't have access to 1Password, but need to get into an account. This hasn't happened yet (because I always have my phone with the 1Password app on it on me)...but I could definitely see this happening someday. Nothing a quick password reset probably wouldn't fix, but ugh.

Jakub H.
  • Branche: Design
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Once you get used to it you never stop

Bewertet am 23.4.2021

Great app with a set of features which the user finds userful only after some time using it. Like the Watchtower which gives you sort of warnings when there has been a breach in some services. Having th passwords saved somewhere else then the browser is im my opinion very practical and gives me confidance. As a skilled user I can sync my posswords over multiple machines even without using the cloud.

The application is fast and reliable. Passwords get stored securely and what mostly fascinates me is that the auto-fill feature really works all over the websites and it can be tweaked to work on local machines. Everything can be organized into folders and tagged. Finding a password is really easy.

The switch to the subscription model is understendable, but I did not like it in partiucular since I like my software licenced for a one-time fee.

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

The appl was bought by LogMeIn and since the company did not go well on theLogMeIn application I decided to look for something else.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

Transparency over company ownership and jurisdictional location.
Bakari C.
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Essential for Managing and Inputting Login Information

Bewertet am 20.3.2021

I use 1Password on a daily basis — at least a half-dozen times a day. Unfortunately not all websites make it easy to create accounts, and sometimes you have to use more than one login for an account. So 1Password’s easy accessibility on my Mac makes it easier to manage logins and security information.

I have been using 1Password for about a decade now, and I prefer it over Apple's Keychain application, because 1Password allows me to easily access my logins from the menu bar of my Mac or in the toolbar of my Safari web browser.

1Password is very useful for creating complicated passwords, and I could trigger a keyboard shortcut to quickly input login information when it website requires it.

I also use 1Password for tagging and sorting important logins, particularly in in the case of an emergency in which my family needs to access those tagged logins for various purposes. I also store my credit card information, software licenses, and

1Password handles two-factor authentication for sites that allow it, and it enables me to quickly update login information when I change it on various sites.

1Password is a very stable program that is regularly updated along with new versions of Mac OS.

Several years ago I started making sure that each of my logins has a different and complicated password to prevent hacking. The name 1Password means exactly that. You only have to remember one password to access and input logins for any website.

I would like to see 1Password include some specific features for handling data after the user has passed away or in case of emergency. For example, it would be great to have a category in which users can write out step-by-step instructions for accessing specified documents and logins, and maybe even a way for specified people to access the application on behalf of the user.

1Password, the king of password management

Bewertet am 13.2.2021

Overall, 1Password Business is the 1Password we know and love, but it's for business. Additionally, everyone gets a 1Password Families which is a fantastic value. Plus, their support is fast and helpful.

First of all, the base product (1Password Personal) that facilitates password management, is terrific. Everything is made as easy as it can be, without sacrificing even one bit of security. It's easy to use, relatively easy to introduce into your life and then you can't live without it.

The 1Password for Families is even better, because not only you can securely share passwords, but each member has its own private vault. This means that Families includes everything in Personal. So you can encourage safe password practices in your family (which reduces the support in the future) but you can also help them safely recover their password should they forget it, without you getting access.

Now, when it comes to 1Password for Business, it has all the things you could expect (access rights, group, provisioning etc.) and it's exceptionally good. And its biggest advantage: every user gets a free, separate 1Password Families account for their family.

The only drawback I can think of, is the occasional feature that the competition may have (for example, automatic changing of your weak passwords) which 1Password refuses to implement, unless there's a 100% safe way for them to do it.
So, they might miss one or two smaller features, but their security is absolutely uncompromising.

LastPass und Dashlane for Business

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

Ultimate security, top-notch UX, fantastic support.
Timothy L.

Must Have for password management

Bewertet am 3.2.2021

The price of the lowest tier is hard to beat, and its amazing to get passwords syncd to all my devices, I have more than 250 passwords saved in this app, and it is a huge time saver and life saver.

My wife and I share the app and it gives me peace of mind knowing I'm automatically sharing all our most important information with the click of a button, if anything ever happened to me, or if I wasn't available, she doesn't need to text me for the password, and I have to text her back (which is SOOO not a secure way to share pwds).

This app we both use everyday both personally and professionally, I can't recommend it enough

there are some ui things which are a little quirky, but nothing major. For example, if I'm looking in one vault and I search then things from my other vaults don't show up and I have to do a couple extra clicks to get there, it would be nice if I could automagically everytime search across all my vaults.

Dashlane for Business

cheaper option with same/better features

Dashlane for Business

cheaper option with same/better features
Ted K.
  • Branche: Restaurants

1Password Helps You Get A Handle On Proliferating Passwords

Bewertet am 1.2.2021

1Password has dramatically streamlined my ability to access all kinds of business and personal on-line accounts. I no longer have to flip through my hard-copy notebook looking for a username and password. No more scribbling out old, expired passwords and trying to find space to write down the new one. It amazes me how many times per day I use the application. It feels like I am able to complete my work in a noticably shorter time. I am using paid subscriptions - such as to newspapers and cloud-storage accounts - more and getting more value from them, whereas before the need to rummage for a password caused me to hold back from using them.

The 1Password app "lives" on your computer, tablet or smartphone and makes it much faster to retrieve the username and password for a given Website, and to use this data to log into an account on the site. It provides a secure, encrypted repository for my list of usernames and passwords - which was badly needed, since my collection of online accounts and their associated credentials seems to be expanding at a faster rate every year. And since it is cloud-based, I can use it to access my accounts on multiple PCs, phones and other devices.

Managing passwords is one function of 1Password, but it can be used for other secure information access, retrieveal and management tasks. For example, you can create "secure notes" and credit card records and store them in the 1Password cloud-based vault. It appears you can also create sub-sets of your password list and make these available to other parties - I can envision using this to give my kids easier access to accounts that we share as a family.

Occasionally this software glitches - it doesn't crash or anything severe like that, but sometimes, on a few accounts/Web sites, it does not "get me in" on the first try and I have to make a second or even a third attempt. I always do manage to get into the account, but in these cases (which I should emphasize, are a minority of cases) I do have to attempt login a couple times.

Also, the product appears to be optimized for logging into web sites with a simple username, password entry procedure that takes place on the same screen. I have one or two accounts that require a PIN to be entered. 1Password does not handle this step - I have to do it manually (although, I am able to store the PIN securely in 1Password, so I can copy and paste it from there).

Finally, some web sites require the username to be entered on a first screen, and the password to be entered on a subsequent, second screen. 1Password's automated login capability sometimes fails in this situation. But again, the username and password are stored in the 1Password app and can be copied and pasted from there.

Nick D.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Complex, But the Best Password Manager Out There

Bewertet am 18.1.2021

1Password is a software I would insist on using at any company, especially where sharing information amongst coworkers is essential, and—without question—when sharing virtual credit card information is necessary. It offers a lot of peace of mind in that regard.

I find 1Password to be the most secure answer to sharing most types of confidential information. Mostly, as the name suggests, this software is great for sharing passwords and/or full login credentials, but it's also great for securely storing credit card information, official eyes-only documents, and a great deal more. The browser integration specifically allows access to most of this information seamlessly, with no compromise in security.

I used 1Password for many years as a Team Member at another company, and now as the Owner/Administrator, I'm responsible for setting up the accounts of all employees. Onboarding new users tends to be a bit time consuming, and the desktop app and browser dashboards have completely different UIs, as does the browser extension, which sort of feels like I'm running three software trainings at once. It would streamline the onboarding process a lot if all of the UIs were consistent, but it's a small price to pay for what you get, and is entirely worth it.

OneLogin und Dashlane for Business

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

Partially, I chose 1Password because it's familiar. However, in choosing a password manager for the company I moved to, I exhausted my resources researching alternatives, and surveyed friends who work at other companies. 1Password was always the software of preference.
David H.
  • Branche: Verlagswesen

1Password manages passwords and becomes a dashboard for sites

Bewertet am 26.11.2020

Very efficient and easy to use. Saves an enormous about of time. Works well across platforms. Having a web interface with all sites you use regularly has a lot of value in addition to the password management.

1Password is very easy to use with both Windows and Android. You can also login in from the web and see a dashboard overview of all the web sites that you use and have passwords for. Passwords are easy to pop in and 1Password uses biometric login on Android phone which is quite handy.

Some apps are beginning to want to use biometric logins of their own which can be irritating since I prefer to limit this to 1Password. On occasion with the Android app, I need to enter 1Paaword app and copy a password and then go back to app where I need it (a few apps won't allow autofill.

Keeper Business, LastPass und Dashlane for Business

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

1Password interface send cleaner and I found lastpass a bit more cumbersome to use.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

Cleaner interface across platforms.
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

User since version 1

Bewertet am 12.7.2020

I've used 1Password since it was a one-man operation and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the sole developer, customer support guy, etc. I could not operate in anything like a secure fashion on-line without 1Password. I've used it since version 1, and would not think about have an on-line presence without it.

While there are simple password managers available for free, none approach the sophistication and power of 1Password.

While it **has** declined in usability, Agilebits' on-line support for the application is fantastic. When [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the only guy to contact, he was incredibly responsive and always friendly and helpful. Agilebits seems to retains that character, although I've never had need to contact them directly for support in years since I've always been able to find what I was looking for in their support documentation.

1Password, in its cross-platform, cloud-based version, is incredibly easy to use. If you have a biometrics enabled device, like an iPhone with Touch ID, or Face ID, coupled with a Mac with Touch ID, it is incredibly accessible for simple password creation and management. And, if you're like me, you are forced to use a Windows machine for work, but use a Mac at home, the cross-platform capabilities of the application are great.

Probably its best feature is the ability to create shareable 'vaults' where you can segregate private passwords from those you might want to share with another person. If, for example, you have multiple passwords for work but want to share passwords to access your cable or utility bills, you can create a private vault for work, and create another, separate vault you can share with another person (provided you have the 1Password family license).

I dinged it on 'ease of use' because its ease of use has definitely declined as the app became more sophisticated, and some of its features, and some of its recovery methods are not readily accessible. Although, to be fair, some of that is due to OS security constraints.

Despite that, I've been a user of the application since the mid-00s and have paid for every upgrade, despite the availability of free password managers from Apple, Firefox, etc., because it is simply indispensable to the smooth functioning of my on-line life.

As the application has grown more sophisticated, its ease of use has declined. That is inevitable, but some of the intuitiveness of the the application has been lost over the years.

Computer security in general is not at all simple. Unfortunately, some of that complexity has crept into the humble password manager, including 1Password.

That said, 1Password is an incredibly powerful, and useful application.