1Password

(1.794)

Sortieren nach

Doran B.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent password manager with other security features as well.

Bewertet am 28.4.2022

Overall we are very happy with 1Password and will continue to subscribe and recommend it. It's has been updated with new features that I know some of our team has started to utilize like the MFA authenticator and it sounds like it works well. I am very thankful for the personal license they provide for any business licensed user and the ability to share that with my spouse, so we have access to shared passwords. The ability to use the mobile app, browser plug-ins and Windows Desktop app and have them always synced is the best. Our previous solution required a file to be used and sent around to App or other systems. This is a much better product.

Secure. Easy to implement. Easy to manage users and access. Business subscriptions allows a license for a personal account per user, which you can also share with family. Excellent benefit.

I'm not a fan of the new look in 1Password for Windows 8.6.1, much prefer the look and function of version 7.9.828. Searching 8.6.x does not work as well as in 7.9.x. When you search in 8.6 it doesn't produce a list of items containing the search term anymore, it goes to the first item that has the search term. There is an "option" at the bottom of the search that says "show all matching items", but I want that to be the default and see no way to make it the default action.

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

Needed to be able to control access to passwords, add and remove users, "centrally" located and manage passwords.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

Seemed to be a better product with the features and options we were looking for.
Travis V.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Inexpensive, Easy to Use Password Manager

Bewertet am 3.6.2022

1Password was a great solution for us. Prior to implementation, staff where using any number of methods to remember their logins, including using the same logins multiple times and writing their passwords on post-it user their keyboard. Needless to say, this was not a great security system.

1Password has been a blessing. Each user can store their own information in their private vault. You can also create shared vaults for shared items, such as the copier code for a specific department of the WiFi password for staff. You can store more than just logins - there are a number of templates for securing and sharing information securely with your team.

Every staff member in our organization now have the ability to use a unique, completely randomized password for every login. All they need to remember is their "1Password" to unlock the application and all of their information is stored.

There are multiple levels of authentication when setting up a new device, which provides great comfort in the cybersecurity realm. Some of our less tech-savvy users sometimes require help getting up and running. We added this to our onboarding process and it take out IT an extra 5 minutes, but allows our staff to simple "use" the application.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

Favorable pricing, ease of use, design and UI.
Jessaline B.
  • Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen

Need this!!

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

So far so good

It’s there for you when you need it or when you’ve forgot your password

Overall pretty satisfied with this software, will check back and edit my review if anything changes or I find a flaw

Michele B.
  • Branche: Design

I love 1Password

Bewertet am 26.5.2022

I have been using 1Password since version 6. Their apps are very good and stable. Their customer support is always there and friendly. This service has made my workflow better, easier and more fun.

Not too expensive.
Works great on macOS and iOS.
Safe storage for passwords.
Possibility to create more vaults.
Many types of logins.

Subscription model only.
No server in Switzerland.
No way to backup to a local computer or to a cloud service (DropBox, OneDrive, ...)
No way to use 1Password on a Synology NAS.
Unlocking 1Password could be faster.

LastPass und Dashlane for Business

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

Features and dedicated Mac support.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Has the best mobile integration I've used

Bewertet am 24.5.2022

1Password just works, once you've got it set up and going. Sharing passwords is relatively easy, and the mobile app is well designed.

Pretty convoluted and difficult for new users to set up across all their devices. Feel like they should be able to do better than a PDF with login credentials.

It's also annoying that if you install the 1Password desktop app you lose the ability to run multiple profiles on the one machine. I have family members that want to share their passwords with me, but not necessarily with the entire family group; at the moment flicking between profiles is the only way to achieve this, so I ended up creating two different user accounts for my machine just so that I could have the 1Password app on one for my everyday use, and use the other for accessing multiple profiles.

• Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

the gold standard for years; iCloud and Chrome are trying to copy its features, but are still...

Bewertet am 26.5.2022

friggin' fantastic, for years

1Password works on every device no matter the OS. It works on browsers, in apps, and anywhere you need to log in. If you ever need customer service --which isn't often-- they are very responsive and helpful. They solve the problem, rather than sending automated useless responses.

the multiple vaults are a bit confusing for me because I don't need them

it is easier and better
Justin V.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Beste I ever used

Bewertet am 3.6.2022

SuberB!

Clean UI and UX, easy to use and love the shared vault functionality which I use with my wife. The watchtower is super handy too!

That when you generate a secret, an entry is automatically added. Sometimes with my job I just want to generate a secret without saving it to 1Password.

• Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Test best choice in paid password managers

Bewertet am 23.6.2022

With 1Password I can review weak and compromised passwords and websites. It does away with poor security practises and makes it easy to live a more secure digital life.

1Password is simple to use and manage not just passwords, but notes, credit cards, identities, software licenses and more. Best of all it is easy to organise all this sensitive information in to different vaults, which you can share securely across your devices and friends, colleagues and family.

I would like it if 1Password would let you copy all the information in an entry, including it's title. Sadly the only way to do this is by editing the entry, which is extra work and risks corruption.

Cory C.

Great password manager

Bewertet am 2.5.2022

I like that this software alerts me to passwords that could be in trouble and that it has a secure encryption. This can bite you in the end if you don't save your master password but it should be fine if you follow their instructions. I also like the vault systems so I can keep my personal usernames and passwords away from my work clutter.

I mainly use Firefox as a browser and it can be a bit finicky, especially on mobile in detecting the correct password but this is a minor annoyance.

• Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Multi platform easy to use password manager

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

Work great in Windows and Mac computers with Touch ID or windows Hello

They no longer support local database for passwords and you must use their cloud service for syncing.

Graham C.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

1Password is an incredible time saver, all day, every day.

Bewertet am 24.3.2022

I moved to 1Password a couple of years ago and it makes my much life easier. Security is absolutely necessary but adds time and friction to so much of what we constantly need to do. For me, 1Password takes away so much of that. I rarely take the time to write reviews, unless something is exceedingly good or exceedingly bad. 1Password is exceedingly good, to the extent I regularly notice just how helpful it is.

Per day I'd say 1Password saves me at least half an hour. Some days well over that. It's a bit like giving back the dead time spent on daily commuting, and instead lets me get on with what I need to do.

An obvious example is quickly logging on to sites and apps, which I think everybody can appreciate and get time back from. However, it can go so much further than that, as it's incredibly adaptable for unique situations. For example, I need to generate SSL certificates for staff and distribute them. I had no expectation a "password manager" would help with this, but with its command-line integration and a bit of scripting, I've been able to automate all of that. Without 1Password, that would take me on average 2 hours a week, or paying a ton of money for specialised software.

- It's super fast to get into secure sites and apps. Mostly it takes one hotkey and I'm pretty much into anything. It's replaced browser bookmarks for me as it's faster.
- It covers logging into pretty much anything, including apps. So far only my bank doesn't play nice, as it requires a physical MFA key.
- MFA integration is super slick. I don't need to step out to Google Authenticator, etc.
- Seamlessly generating and saving passwords when signing up to new sites.
- Easily sharing secure data with other people.
- Easily hold sensitive files, like my scanned passport. Even files for an OpenSSL infrastructure.
- It's incredibly adaptable with things like command-line integration.
- The app is constantly improving.

- Figuring out what it can do and how to initially use a feature can take time. For example, being able to set it up for apps on laptops is great, but I didn't know it could do that for a long time, and then it took a while to get my head around how to do it.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Why would you use anything else?

Bewertet am 28.11.2021

Overall our experience has been great. Their support, via both email and Twitter, is top-notch. The UI is modern feeling and easy to navigate. The ability to share those required logins within our company is the most important part of this software, and it's the part that 1Password exceeds at.

The features and modern UI look of 1Password made this an easy choice. Vault management is a breeze, and setting up groups for each department with those vaults is easy. The built-in QR code scanner to set up MFA is a feature that is invaluable as it ensures an easy way for our employees to use this and make sure their accounts can be as safe as possible.

There is only one thing that is currently negative for us, and that is that there is no G Workspace integration. There is a SCIM bridge to help bridge between different directories, there is support for MS Active Directory, but there is not get any firm plans for G Workspace integration. While this is currently not deal-breaking, as we grow larger we may need to look at alternatives if this doesn't get on the roadmap.

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

Lastpass felt dated and it didn't feel like the updates they were making were useful to us or bringing the product up to a modern feel. 1Password was less buggy, has wider support across iOS apps and Web and just felt like a better product to use

Aaron P.
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Fantastic Password Management, but questionable business decisions make it impossible to...

Bewertet am 20.10.2021

This is a difficult question to answer, as up until recently my overall experience with 1Password has been extremely positive. However, as a result of the questionable business decisions listed above, my experience has become increasingly soured. I simply cannot and will not recommend 1Password to anyone at this point.

1Password is hands down the best password manager on the market. It has an attractive interface, multiple sync options, a flexible password generator, and a plethora of features beyond simple password management - such as secure notes, the ability to store credit card and bank account info. In addition, it is fully cross platform, with clients for the Mac, Windows, iOS, Android and even Linux. Unfortunately, no matter how good 1Password is as a password manager, due to recent changes (see below), these Pros are largely moot.

AgileBits, the owner of 1Password, has made a number of very questionable decisions over the past couple of months, making it nearly impossible for me to recommend it, despite how good the software maybe. The long and short of it is a little over a year ago, AgileBits accepted a fair amount of venture capital money, and ever since their business model has changed drastically - going from a customer first model, to a profit over all else model. A short list of the questionable and user-hostile changes:
• Switching to Electron for future app development (for the record, Electron is a terrible user experience when compared to native apps).
• Removing standalone licenses and forcing all users to a subscription/software-as-a-service model.
• Forcing all users to store their passwords in the 1Password cloud, vs. previously being able to store your password locally, reducing the security of your passwords.
• Removing extremely important features from their clients without warning (specifically the iOS share sheet extension), and then dismissing user's frustrations about said removals.
• Completely tone-deaf developers (specifically in the [SENSITIVE CONTENT]), who seem to no longer understand or respect the 1P user base. The development team has become increasingly dismissive of user complaints/concerns of where 1P is heading.
• Finally, and most worrisome, AB has actively lied to its user base when claiming a change won't be made, and then making that change (or vice versa).

Keeper Business, LastPass und Bitwarden

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

I have been using 1Password for the better part of a decade, and have only recently started to look into alternatives. Unfortunately, with the direction 1Password is heading, it is extremely likely that I will be moving onto a new password manager. Given that I am heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, Apple's own password manger (iCloud Keychain) is a very attractive option. In addition, Bitwarden, while not as polished as 1Password, is far better priced with more options, including a self-hosting option, and is fully cross-platform. Minimalist Password Manager is relatively new on the market, but is well designed, with a good road map and very responsive developers - its biggest downside is it is macOS/iOS only. Finally, LastPass and Keeper are expensive and clunky to use.
Tim M.
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Researched and used other, 1Password is the best for me.

Bewertet am 16.8.2021

I originally set up 1Password with out a lot of research. It was great except I wanted the ability to share individual records without having to create a separate vault for it. This lead me to doing more research when I started my own company and I settled on Keeper. I found that wile I initially thought Keeper was cheaper by the time I bought all the optional peaces it was the same or more expensive than 1Password and much more difficult to use (partial because of having more options). I did extensive searching and testing at this point and finaly went through the effort to switch back to 1Password. Save yourself the trouble, do your research on the front side, and/or just use 1Password, it's great.

My initial experience with one password comes from setting it up for a small/med. construction company. While security may be most important in a password app. usability is right next to it. A difficult to use app might as well not be rated for security because it won't be used. I found 1Password to be user friendly even with people who are the most unfriendly toward using a computer.
After useability:
-Shared Vaults (groups of passwords)
-Admin power and simplicity
-Guest access (in some packages) - this is the ability to share a vault with someone (client) for no additional charge and keep them separate from the rest of the organization (say you need access to some of there resources during a project)
-Integration of multiple accounts, I have a personal account (provided with my work account), a work account, and an account from a primary customer. When I sign in to my app I get access to these three authorized accounts with clear but convenient separation. Which comes back to, I use it because it's convinced and secure.

Read this as, my two feature requests, but if these are critical items for you, then be aware.
-Share single items, in 1Password all sharing is done by vault and over all this is a good thing but I'd like to have persons user credentials in a vault for that person but share just that item to a junior IT person. There are work arounds but that would be nice.
-Securely receive credentials as a one time event from an outside source. A reminder that the guest vault sharing I described above is outstanding it's overkill when you need to get a set of credentials from a client (or other source) and don't need to keep in in sync. I've seen this from a small solution. It sends a one time access url that is a form. After it is opened and closed it doesn't do anything anymore. If info is entered it creates and entry on my side.

These are small things I would like but I still chose 1Password over having those features.
If you must have them; Keeper has ability to share groups and individuals records - powerful but a little difficult
For the requesting feature look to to EliPass, I found this one feature great but the rest of the platform needs work.

Keeper Business, Bitwarden, RoboForm und LastPass

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

Usability and value (not the cheapest but good price points with great product)
Benjamin A.
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The Best Password Keeper (and I've tried many)

Bewertet am 24.6.2021

1password is great for individuals, but when it comes to teams, i keep track of my passwords i share in a spreadsheet. if anyone in my business were to leave, i generate a new password and share that with everyone except with the person that left. it keeps our passwords secure.

what i enjoy most is that this password keeper can keep all of my passwords synced between all of my devices and secure. I've tried dashlane, keeper, and lastpass and none were as easy to use as 1password

i don't like that they discontinued their one-time payment app. i bought 1password when it was $1.99 in the app store and had them ever since. the best $2 i ever spent

Darryl P.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Stop being dumb and disorganized, get 1Password for your business & family!

Bewertet am 9.6.2021

Agilebits has really grown 1Password in the right direction. I've been with them for 10+ years and not only do they actually have support that respond, they even take the time to respond well. They could respond more quickly, but I'm not going to complain much about that, within 24 hours and a good response instead of 72 hours and a canned response... I'll take that any day!

1Password has evolved into a very nice software. Their Business Teams feature has been key in organizing our company virtually. Teaching staff why its so important to use random military grade passwords everywhere and never reusing the same password is key for any business that doesn't like to be hacked. People are pretty dumb when it comes to their passwords, 1Password, when used properly, sets the bar where it needs to be! Stop texting logins everywhere, use 1Password shared vaults to "transfer" a login or other sensitive data to a staff or family member! I've had my kids on it since age 3 with family vault so I can manage their logins, and teach them good practice on login management since day one.

Having access to all sensitive data on the go with the mobile app, priceless. Seriously, why are you still reading this GO BUY IT AND FORCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO USE IT!

I have nothing bad to say, which is strange for me, as I am a critical mind and almost always find something to complain about :) Oh I got one, my complaint is that NOT EVERYONE IS USING IT! Fix that Agilebits!

iCloud und LastPass

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

At the time I chose 1Password because they were standalone vaults that gave me full control over my own data and security. Now anymore, many choose LastPass for price, but I would never sacrifice all the features, support, ease of use, and security that 1pass has provided all these years. I have studied the cloud-based version of 1pass, was impressed with their white-paper on how the encryption works, and wouldn't trust anyone else with a cloud-based solution, ESPECIALLY NOT APPLE / iCLOUD!!!
Carl-erik K.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

This is a no-brainer: buy this for your business!

Bewertet am 7.6.2021

This is the most secure, yet user-friendly, software solution available for password management in the enterprise. Screw LastPass, get thi. I can use it on any browser, I have it on all my phones, it has excellent 2FA abilities (got rid of both Microsoft and Google 2FA authenticators), etc.

Security and ease of use. So easy and great to administer.

I like pretty much everything, but for a long time I needed to have 2 1Password extensions installed. Both the "native" version that integrated with the desktop software and the web-only version, but now the web-only version has integration for the optional desktop software, so nowadays I have no complaints.

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

Poor security. Several breaches.

Kai L.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Combining great design and great functionality. Easy to stay secure.

Bewertet am 2.6.2021

I love the design. The software interface makes it a joy to use. Having the option to create multiple vaults for different areas of your life, and then enable or disable them based on the browser instance you're in is super handy for keeping logins seperate, but in the same account.

Another great feature is the in-built two factor authentication. When I log into an application, it fills in the 2FA along with the username and password and saves me a heap of time - without compromising my security.

Finally, the biometrics login (using your fingerprint, Face ID, Apple Watch etc.) to login to 1password is super handy. Makes for a quick and simple accessing experience.

Couple of things. I came from LastPass, which had two features I miss. Firstly, it's hard to share logins in 1password. It sorta forces you to either send a one-use clunky link via text or email, or setup a (paid) shared vault. LastPass just allowed you to invite someone and it would drop into their account.

The other thing is saving logins the first time you signup for account, or access an account you haven't saved yet. With LastPass, even after putting in your details, clicking sign up/sign in and landing on the next page of the website, a little popup in the corner would prompt you to Save the login. Super handy. However, with 1password, I have to physically click Save Login on one of the fields as I enter them before I sign in or otherwise it doesn't give me the option to save them. It's a small thing, but was a great, common sense feature that I do miss with 1password.

• Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Life changing security management

Bewertet am 1.6.2021

1Password leads the industry when it comes to password management. Beyond just storing login info, 1Password can secure arbitrary files/documents, text data, credit card info, Wi-Fi passwords, driver's licenses, passports, etc. Items can be organized into various vaults, some of which you can choose to share among members of your family or organization (depending on your plan) to easily keep shared passwords available to multiple users.

1Password integrates with just about every conceivable browser, and the extensions do their best to auto-fill login info automatically. Additionally, 1Password can store 2FA token generators for logins. After logging in, it can automatically paste the current code into the 2FA prompt, so it's about as easy as possible to have increased account security. Of course, whenever it copies data to the pasteboard automatically, it will restore the previous contents of the pasteboard shortly thereafter.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with 1Password. Yes, I had to go through a months long ordeal of transitioning my messy, insecure logins from Safari over to 1Password, which involved visiting every site and changing my passwords to use unique, randomly-generated secure passwords. But once I finally got everything organized, it has been effortless to keep all my logins, credit card, and even all my cryptocurrency info secured. The browser extensions and iOS integration make it effortless to log in about 95% of the time.

The Apple first-class citizens approach that 1Password employs means it's an incredibly polished and pleasant user experience on any Apple device, even though it's supported on Windows and Android as well. The design language instills confidence in the quality of the product as well, as does their industry-leading stance on security and data protection.

However, the single best feature in my mind is their world class customer support. Seriously, no other product I've ever used has the same level of support that 1Password offers. Whether you email them or tweet at them, you will receive a professional, personalized response extremely quickly, no matter whether you're asking a question or just leaving a compliment. Replies are offered using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, which may seem silly to point out, but when it comes to a product that you're trusting to secure your entire digital life, these factors go a long way to inspire trust that they take their product, business, and customers seriously.

It's hard to think of cons, honestly. Every con I can think of would usually involve some trivial nit pick which in no way affects the core experience. However, I'll list a few of them anyway.

1Password is a touch too opinionated when it comes to organizing fields, in my opinion. For some item types, 1Password mandates which fields appears, and those fields can't be moved around or deleted outright. If you leave them empty, they won't appear in the standard view, but still, someone OCD like me enjoys being able to exactly move things around. Perhaps more interesting is the fact that there are different restrictions on different platforms. On iOS, you can move some mandatory fields around that you can't on macOS. On Windows, text notes don't render Markdown whereas they do on macOS and iOS. On iOS, there doesn't appear to be a way to link related items, even though you can see already existing linked items if they were added on macOS.

Perhaps the biggest actual usability con for most people might be the desktop experience's information architecture. It can be confusing sometimes to figure out where you are. The navigation side bar might be hiding item categories which you have to reveal, or it may be confusing to know at a glance exactly what vault you are currently viewing. Every once in a while, I'll get a little lost in the navigation, which I suspect might be problematic for less tech savvy users.

Alain O.
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product for rewarding good password hygiene with easier logins

Bewertet am 28.5.2021

1Password is great to work with and their support team is responsive and honest. The product works smoothly and meets or exceeds our password management needs.

I really enjoy using 1Password. It is an integral part of my workflow. My colleagues have adopted it eagerly as well and it makes day to day logins into various systems much easier.

As an manager of a team of system administrators across security, cloud, and IT, one of the biggest wins 1Password gives me is a major reduction is password reset help tickets. That alone pays for the product.

Combine the user experience and reduction in workload with the awareness aspect of WatchTower and it makes 1Password an obvious choice for me and an easy recommendation for my peers in the industry.

As someone who has many accounts for the same service for different purposes, the lack of ability for the browser plugin to recognize which account is in the login form for auto-filling is a bit of a nuisance. Fixing this would be a major improvement to my workflow in the day.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

Cleaner integration in the desktop across platforms and great mobile support. Overall 1Password is more polished than LastPass.
Kevin Y.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best Password Manager Available

Bewertet am 21.5.2021

1Password is the best password manager available in my opinion. The way the app allows multiple ways to organize passwords (tagging, vaults, search, categories, and now archive!) is such a joy and it actually makes password management fun for me.

My history with the app has been a little confusing because of the way they've done versioning, but I'm willing to overlook that because of all the amazing features.

They also actually write real release notes when they push an update through the app store, which is such a breath of fresh air.

I've emailed their customer support multiple times and they've always been extremely helpful.

I like the 1Password community, and the fact that 1Password employees hop on there and help people out.

I've used LastPass for about a year or two, and I've trialed Dashlane, Bitwarden, and a bunch of others. I am a 1Password user 100% - the others frankly don't even come close.

The design, the organizational features, and the number of field options for each password entry.

The complexity of the 1Password App, 1Password browser extensions, 1Password X, 1Password 7, etc. - the versioning seems overly complex and a bit hard to understand. The history of it when they moved from a one time cost to monthly was a bit rough as well.

Stephen m B.

It Should Be Installed By Default

Bewertet am 13.5.2021

Overall, this is a kick-ass product! You pay for it though so you expect that level of premium upgrades and security. At $36/yr it's a reasonable expense at about $0.75/week to keep all your data in one place, secured. Again, with all of the ways, they allow you to access your information they really provide the most flexibility possible while keeping your information safe.

I'm still waiting for the horrible headline - "1Password Hacked". Thankfully, that day hasn't come and hopefully never will. The software is easy to use in either browser extension or full-application mode. I was able to make all of my passwords random 8-16 characters and different for every service I use. I feel much more secure than I did just a few months ago. It's easy to access across many devices once authorized. I have it on my computers, phone, and even watch. It not only allows passwords but some payment information, so that pesky credit card number you can't remember is always at hand.

Sometimes, I think it has to do with the site's form submission, you are not prompted to save the password you just entered or created. In that case, if it was generated with 1P, you can pretty easily find it in your password list and add the site domain and username. In other cases, where you created the password, 1P does not know it and you do need to manually add it yourself. These scenarios are maybe every 1-in-10 sites you create an account on.

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

I tried LastPass for a little while. It seemed a little more confusing to me. I think there were more granular options, maybe, especially for groups, but I just found it a little more cumbersome to use.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

I personally prefer the look, feel, and layout of 1Password. I have recommended both LastPass and 1Password to friends and family depending on their preferences - as long as their data is safe.
  • Branche: Internet

Ma favourite password manager

Bewertet am 10.5.2021

I LOVE 1Password, and use it everyday, for both my personal and my team (120 ppl).
One other team feature I love is that with a business account every member get a free personal licence for their families. It encourages them to bring good password management habits to their homes, which is great!

First, everyone should use a password manager! It must be promoted to anyone using the internet at all.
Then, among the few serious choices available, it comes down to personal preference, usability, a few functionalities that may differ.
I personally selected 1Password for my team because of:
- ease of use (great UI, good extensions with Chrome etc., the Mac app is great too)
- user-friendly dashboard that makes the onboarding easy for new users. it was a key criteria for a team where you can met some pushback at first
- some nice features like the overview of risky passwords, potential leaks, etc.

Some team management features could be added, like a better overview of logs.
It would be great also to have a way to share logins 1-to-1 with another team member. I must be a design decision, but the alternative is creating a new vault shared with the co-worker, but you end up with hundreds of vaults which isn't ideal.

Dashlane for Business und LastPass
Nadia P.
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Best way to ensure strong, secure passwords across the board

Bewertet am 29.4.2021

Very positive experience with 1Password in all the time I've used it. It's allowed me to really know and feel that my accounts are as safe as they can be, and much safer than the average person's. I like the idea of, at the very least, making myself a very difficult and undesirable target for account hacking because of this, and at most, making someone really have to work for it if they ever wanted to try to get into one of my accounts.

Before 1Password, I *know* that my accounts weren't nearly as safe. Maybe not safe at all. The fact is, there are SO many places that I have log-ins, and there is no way for me to remember unique, complicated passwords for the dozens and dozens of places I need them. The safest, most secure way to handle passwords is to have unique ones for every site (so if one site gets compromised, you don't inadvertently compromise every other site that you use that same password for). 1Password makes it actually possible for me to have strong passwords across the board in a way that I would NEVER be able to without this program.

It took me a while to figure out just how to properly use 1Password on the cloud, so that my passwords synced across devices. For a while, I had a situation where I'd have added a password to the app while using it on my phone and the password wouldn't sync to the app on my computer, for example. I did figure this out and ever since, things run smoothly. But it wasn't super intuitive. Also, for better or worse, I don't actually know most of the passwords that I have on all the sites I have log-ins *nervous laugh*. This is great because it means all my passwords are complicated and secure...but also potentially not great if I'm ever in a situation where I don't have access to 1Password, but need to get into an account. This hasn't happened yet (because I always have my phone with the 1Password app on it on me)...but I could definitely see this happening someday. Nothing a quick password reset probably wouldn't fix, but ugh.

Jakub H.
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Once you get used to it you never stop

Bewertet am 23.4.2021

Great app with a set of features which the user finds userful only after some time using it. Like the Watchtower which gives you sort of warnings when there has been a breach in some services. Having th passwords saved somewhere else then the browser is im my opinion very practical and gives me confidance. As a skilled user I can sync my posswords over multiple machines even without using the cloud.

The application is fast and reliable. Passwords get stored securely and what mostly fascinates me is that the auto-fill feature really works all over the websites and it can be tweaked to work on local machines. Everything can be organized into folders and tagged. Finding a password is really easy.

The switch to the subscription model is understendable, but I did not like it in partiucular since I like my software licenced for a one-time fee.

Warum 1Password gewählt wurde

The appl was bought by LogMeIn and since the company did not go well on theLogMeIn application I decided to look for something else.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 1Password

Transparency over company ownership and jurisdictional location.