Codenvy

4,4 (466)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Entwickler-Arbeitsplätze auf Anfrage mit einer integrierten Cloud-IDE.

Sortieren nach

Justin Evan
  • Branche: Programmentwicklung

The future of programming

Bewertet am 19.3.2015

I started using Codenvy, for only a week ago. But I feel like I have been using it for a very long time. I don't even have any difficulties in using it. It has a lot of projects to offer but the simplicity is awesome. I feel at home in codenvy, because it looks like my favorite editors and IDEs (Sublime, PHPStorm, and Brackets). Besides, it behaves like linux os so I no longer need to dual boot my laptop. And when it comes to configuration, I no longer need to wory about the configurations needed when I use windows or ubuntu. Another thing I love about Codenvy is that deployment is easier, and my data are safe and backed up in the internet. I don't need to worry about it being accidentally lost when my laptop crashes or worse, if my hard disk suddenly gets corrupted. Codenvy is the best. And I and my friends will be using it in our upcoming projects.

Easy to use and set up. Huge support for the latest languages and frameworks. User friendly. Good for both students and professional programmers/developers. Less hard disc space is required by codenvy. No other apps required, only a working browser. Fast and intelligent development environment.

I think the thing I can't use in codenvy are my keyboard shortcuts. The ones I usually use in Sublime and Netbeans.

Antwort von Codenvy

Thank you for the thorough review - you can use Sublime, vi and emacs key binding by going to Window > Preferences in the menu. You should see on the right a drop-down which allows you to change the key bindings.

Neyda Jose
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A good tool developers

Bewertet am 20.5.2019

Codenvy is a very useful tool to carry out different projects because because it allows you to add more people to help with coding is much faster the advance of them and this makes business productivity grow.

I love this tool because it allows you to work as a team and for this you only have to add the people that you want to participate in these projects, regardless of whether the projects are small or large, its interface is very easy to use because it is highly intuitive , organized and simple, also allows the user to choose who IDE wants to take their work with their own or is a matter of taste of the user, also has the most used programming languages ​​so it is not You will have a problem because you do not find the language you want to code and the best thing is that your access is very simple because you only need a good internet network and the desire to work.

Because it is hosted in the cloud it may take a while to load the projects or the progress that takes them but maybe it is due to the internet connection, besides that for someone who does not have good knowledge of codes it will take time adapt to its interface and features.

Filiph
  • Branche: Programmentwicklung

Limited support on the largest web browser

Bewertet am 2.4.2015

A few months ago I were looking for a cloud ide competitor to Visual Studio to allow me to code while I'm away from my PC on my Surface 2 as it only packs a ARM cpu (and Visual Studio is compiled for x86-x64). After a while I found this codenvy which not only looks great but also is/were loved by many developers around the globe just to get a popup telling me my web browser isn't supported.

When you actually have a webbrowser that supports the website it works great, but there's really no point to it then as you might aswell install Visual Studio then.
Also, they got a free plan; so there's that.

Doesn't support Internet Explorer 11 and lower.

Antwort von Codenvy

Hi Filiph, you're correct - unfortunately we don't support Microsoft Internet Explorer at this time, but in our testing it has (largely) worked. Since we are based on Eclipse Che we would welcome the community's help with certifying Eclipse Che on Internet Explorer.

Utsav

Lovely Interface

Bewertet am 7.4.2015

The ease with which I am able to create and run apps has been really cool. I especially love how the running app is hosted elsewhere, so it's just like real life. That really helps with troubleshooting and learning.

Cloud based IDE's is where the IDE world is heading. Codenvy does a good job with its cloud service. It's standardized, so I can use it wherever I go. However, it does occasionally time out, and it is a little slower than the standard IDE that I am used to working with, but it's not terrible, especially for the pro's that it offers. I will definitely continue to use this, and hopefully some of the cons slowly start to fade away to make this one of the better IDE's on the market.

- Github integration
- Nice Debugging Tools
- Very smooth
- Lovely Interface

- Time outs
- Little slower. Not too much. But comparing other IDE's, it feels like. Just a little

Eric
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Codenvy creates a cloud based atmosphere for developing apps

Bewertet am 21.1.2019

Codenvy is cloud based application that allows for the development, coding and debugging of apps. One of the best features is that it can be accessed from anywhere so that multiple people or teams can be working in the same project despite their locations.

One thing that I dislike is that you have to pay for a subscription to have access to premium support.

Eric

Codenvy is the best ODP(Online Develoment Platform) I have ever used.

Bewertet am 12.5.2015

I am a student, and I likes Robotics, and Programming. I found this VERY useful when trying to write codes. I can even run the code online, and see what the result was. This is just an amazing platform, and I can't say or express how much I like it.

1. Easy to use
2. Can RUN and debug app ONLINE!
3. Have syntax correction.
4. Be able to use a lot of programming language that is available.
There is probably a lot more, but I just can't think of any right now.

1. There is a time limit on how long the app can run for(So don't hope to get a free website hosting service) with the free plan(You are not even supposed to do that anyway for free.. :-)

Yaroslav
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Awesome tool for coding practice and some light app deployment

Bewertet am 11.8.2018

*Platform is incredibly easy to set up, and functionality is well thought and organized in a way that is ready for big projects

*Platform is a bit slow, I would suggest optimize it more
*Add more integrations and features, like sync with code storage and maybe possibility to download work or fork it, so all can work independently.

Nishanth

Code envy is a killer

Bewertet am 28.5.2015

Cloud Ide's are awesome these days. and Code envy is a killer. I use Chromebook as my development machine which is pretty light weight in itself and Code Envy runs sleek on that. There are plenty of support for all kinds of software languages. I am pleased totally!!!. Our organization is trying to get in to Node, Angular space. we found this one as our go to IDE

Light weight
No software required
Plenty of support for languages
Great Support

It is not completely free!

Gabriel
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

STUDENTS ASSEMBLE!!!

Bewertet am 26.3.2015

Codenvy is the best way to create new stuff for college :) It's intuitive and efficient!
As a...

As a computer science student in Brazil, I have to code everytime, and the best way to learn is in group. So we, future developers, are able to study and code together.

. Works very well;
. Clean interface;
. Gives opportunity to create together.

. The interface is not very pretty (the only thing that I can use as a con :) ).

Davi
Davi

Excelent concept

Bewertet am 18.5.2015

Codenvy is an excelent concept of cloud IDE.
I started using it on its early days, but I had to...

Codenvy is an excelent concept of cloud IDE.
I started using it on its early days, but I had to stop due to the lack of a decent Python/Django environment and a high price.
I'm planning on get back to it as soon as possible.

I can (re)start my code whenever I want and wherever I am.

I think that what made me stop using it in the past is gone.

Mukeshkumar
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Very useful platform for collaborative coding with support for multiple programming languages.

Bewertet am 25.2.2023

Developers can work on the same code at the same time. Promotes Collaboration between team members. Anyone can access Codenvy from anywhere as it is completely cloud based IDE. This makes it easy to work on projects from multiple devices and locations. Codenvy supports multiple programming languages, including Java, JavaScript, Ruby, and Python, making it a versatile platform for developers. Also it has a very user friendly user Interface making it easy for developers to start coding rapidly. Codenvy integrates with popular tools like GitHub, Bitbucket, and Jira, allowing developers to easily manage their code and track issues.

Limited customization options compared to some other IDEs, which may be a drawback for developers who prefer to personalize their workspace. Some of its more advanced features require a paid subscription, which may be a barrier for some developers. It needs Internet connection , so some developers may face issues if they want to work offline.

Varun
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Highly compatible with the current technologies

Bewertet am 26.3.2018

It can be a great tool for implementing projects with different tech stack, large teams and large base code.

It provides remote work spaces on demand.
It provides really stable infrastructure and compatible with the latest technologies in both web back end and front end, Java and Javascript's NodeJS.
It help me take my coding work spaces to anywhere on the globe and still be able to work

Due to the utility of the IDE it can feel a bit cluttered on a small screen.
Sometimes it can load slowly, it needs more tutorials and guides to use it.
It can be hard to start with, configuration settings and features can be messed up sometimes.

Nilesh
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the best online developer environment

Bewertet am 10.12.2017

The fact that I am able to create my own programming language platforms and utilize them is great. especially for being a recent college graduate who taking the time to learn and test out different programming languages. It helps that you are able to use this without actually having to download software onto your PC.

I couldn't find online quick start guide and I had to figure it out how to setup and run the project.
It lags sometimes.

Ryan

Codenvy has helped me teach my younger autistic brother to code!

Bewertet am 9.4.2015

I've been coding for years now, i learnt the hard way (through books, practice and collaboration with friends) I program almost all days and seriously enjoy it. My younger brother who happens to be autistic asked me to teach him coding as they briefly covered it in school and he was interested in it. So we set him up an account which we both could access and we shared an project. What i love about codenvy is the cloud element. Me and my brother could both work on a project together, and it made it easier for both me and him for me to track his progress. Without such a fully featured cloud IDE it would have been difficult for me to teach him, as he does not have a good enough computer to run programs such as visual studio or eclipse. And because of codenvys hard work he can now write some lines of PHP without any input from me.

We did come across some problems. The main one being connection problems, i was able to run fine with fiber optic line but my brother would seem to disconnect randomly due to his slightly slower internet. Another problem we came across (only once) all our projects deleted, we only had about 7 but one day i logged on to track his progress and they were all gone. We have no idea what happened.

To conclude, i honestly feel this is the future, cloud based IDE's where anyone can collaborate and share ideas/work. It's layout (GUI) is simple, easy to grasp. And i would recommend anyone to take a look at codenvy. Especially if you travel a lot.

Chase

Legit Product - Impressed

Bewertet am 12.7.2015

pros:

pros:
- you can upload your own folders/files which is a big advantage over plunkr and jsfiddle and is the sole reason I discovered it
- it loads the html in a different browser tab which makes it easy to find and debug the javascript source files via the browser dev tools
- it is simply legit, I want to develop an app half as sophisticated as it. It feels like a native software application but it is really a website
- awesome ui
- it is fast once it gets up and running, doesn't slow down your whole computer like visual studio or other resource-intensive IDEs
- it saves all your projects automatically in the cloud accessible from anywhere
- git integration is a plus
- spins up virtual machine of your choosing on the fly, sweet stuff!!

cons:
- sometimes it takes a minute to spin up the virtual machine and start running it
- it needs just a simple js mode, a couple times i ran into build/run issues because i was trying to just mock up something simple real quick and it wouldn't run because i didn't have a package.json file. it could just be user error by not selecting the correct environment; but if that is the case, maybe it could recommend running in that environment when that build error occurs in the future
- unable to find detailed price overview page before purchasing
- doesn't support c# :/

overall great product, I'm happy to pay for codenvy's services and ever since my first usage--i am a big fan!!

Adarsh
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Amazing tool

Bewertet am 11.12.2017

I have been using codenvy for my last project and it really rocks. It helps you to work everywhere you are making easy to develop your app. It's easy to use and I have founded nice examples that make it even easier to understand how it works. Recently they have made some many changes that makes it even better.

Due to the utility of the IDE it can feel a bit cluttered on a small screen. I recommend using a larger monitor or a second screen if you plan on using a laptop.

Dustin

Tried it, liked it (in a limited scope)

Bewertet am 1.1.2016

Pros:

Pros:
-Pretty dynamic ability to setup a project and instantly share a common environment within a team
-UI is slick looking and runs smoothly in Chrome without having to jump through a bunch of hoops
-The overall concept of a browser IDE backed by cloud environment is great and steps up devops to the next level

Cons:
-Hotkeys and general code navigability lacks when compared to Eclipse or IDEA
-Projects that aren't built with the platform have some hiccups in getting started

My specific scenario was trying to setup an environment where I could collaborate on the Hadoop open source project across all of my devices more easily. I setup a quick project from scratch to see how it would go and it was pretty nice. I could link up with github and setup a build environment in about 30 minutes without much trouble. When I moved onto trying to integrate with the Hadoop project, I ran into issues getting JUnit tests to run individually and the aforementioned problem of bouncing around class definitions through hotkeys I'm used to in Eclipse or IDEA just wasn't there (at least not obviously there). Overall, I think the product has promise, but it's still not ready for primetime as my main IDE of choice.

Dakai

A little attempt on Codenvy

Bewertet am 5.6.2015

A useful tool. Can run different projects without installing working environment. It is essential when you come across a brilliant idea but with no compiler around. You may just use any PC avalible, log in your account and see if your idea works. It is also very convenient when learning a language and try to do a experiment on some points.

Convenient. Very convenient. You won't be afraid of missing a brilliant idea.
It is also provide varied environment for different languages.

It is not very user-friendly for Chinese users. The internet connection is so slow that we have to wait too long to get a respond. Suggest that it can add a server in China, or nearby, for a unblocked interactive.
It also made me confused when specifying extensions, ie, .cc for C files. It can't run successfully without a correct extension. Maybe the extension can be specified automatically when creating a project or a source code file.

Hafiz
  • Branche: Lagerung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Codenvy in 2022

Bewertet am 9.12.2022

Codenvy is a constructive utility to perform diverse assignments as it permits creating more community to facilitate coding, making business efficiency grow significantly.

Codenvy is one of the best cloud-integrated development environments (IDE) platforms that provide mammoth incorporation with Docker containers and deployment options. It is perfect for web developers for teamwork and code sharing.

Codenvy User interface could do with an uplift. It's easy to use, but looks-wise, definitely something eye-catchy upgrade needs to happen very soon.

Surendra

Codenvy a container of VM's

Bewertet am 17.4.2015

Codenvy provides a container-based development environment whose goal is to remove the need for developers to configure or maintain local or VM-based developer environments for their projects. Primary elements of the developer environment include:

An IDE (integrated development environment)
Source-code manager integration
Build environments (for a compiled language)
Debugging tools
Docker-based, user-controlled containers for running projects.

pros:
1.On-demand, instant-access, real-time collaborative IDEs
2.Easy setup
3.Powerful editor
4.Git support
5.Can provide a custom runtime environment

cons:
1.No PHP syntax highlighting
2.No SSH, FTP mode
3.Lacks Mercurial & SVN support
4.No custom keyboard shortcuts
5.No IE support

Amelia

Useful web app for developing in the cloud!

Bewertet am 13.5.2016

As a chrome book user, I searched far and wide for a cloud based IDE to use in my dev projects. Codenvy works well and it's affordable. Their free plan is perfect for students or hobby coders like me.

PROS:
I love that I can connect up my Git account. It makes for a fast set up with all my files ready and available.
This might seem silly, but the loading animations and general UI design is really awesome! Love the design.
The actual IDE is really well organized and provides all the tools you need for whichever type of project that your working on.
Speaking of types of projects-Codeenvy supports everything from Ruby on Rails to C++.

CONS:
With both the site and the IDE, there isn't really a how-to or sandbox learning mode - or at least it isn't obvious if there is.
Sometimes the graphics get a little glitchy - the logo was missing from the site this afternoon showing a file-not-found default..... yikes that's embarrassing.

Alex
  • Branche: Computer-Software

A new hobbyist finds learning curve of dockerfile too steep

Bewertet am 5.6.2015

I'm a fairly new hobbyist who knows the basics of many languages but hasn't invested time to get beyond beginner yet.

I've recently tested many cloud ide's to find a solution that. . .
Runs django python
Deploys to a autoscaling cloud server that is free for low usage
Is free itself

This app was the most robust powerful app I tried. However the Dockerfile language would of taken considerable effort for a beginner to get working. It fit my bill but a competitor did too and while not being as robust was easier to setup. Cloud nine is what I decided to use in the end.

Robust
Powerful
Adaptable

Complicated for a beginner to get simple app working

Antwort von Codenvy

We're sorry to hear that you found the Dockerfile too complex. We're going to be making changes in an upcoming version that will limit the number of times developers will need to change the Dockerfile (we can't do very much to make Dockerfiles themselves simpler).

Logan

Couldn't have asked for a better development environment

Bewertet am 9.4.2015

I needed to develop a web application with a group of students for a class. Our professor recommended using Codenvy to develop it, which turned out to be a great suggestion. Codenvy was very easy to use, with a clear user interface that was easy to understand, coming from someone who didn't have any previous experience in web app development. There were some issues with the group chat, as we would occasionally be unable to chat with certain members. This hardly hindered us, however, as we often used HipChat or GroupMe for communication purposes. The bug tracking was difficult to understand at first, but as the semester progressed, it became easier and easier to work with.

tl;dr: Coming from a student with no previous web app development experience, Codenvy was easy to learn and easier to use, helping us develop an app that gave us a great grade. :)

Fred

Almost Amazing

Bewertet am 30.1.2016

In general I love the idea of a cloud based IDE & CodeEnvy is certainly one of the best that I have found. I especially love the ease of setup, integration with git, & ease of creating docker images / 1 click deployments to various PaaS. I can really see how the leveraging CodeEnvy gets me back to development & away from all the infrastructure tasks as it just automates away setup & provisioning.

All of the above being said, I disliked the IDE. Things like setting debugging breakpoints, searching through a project, & automated syntax checking in Python were just not there. I found it great for some quick changes, but if wanted to work on a larger project I'd want those features.

Interestingly, I find myself compelled to code on my PC & then leverage CodeEnvy for all the deployment / packaging related events

Frederick

Bitter sweet IDE

Bewertet am 30.4.2016

Pros - Cloud based IDE allows me to perform and access work when away from the office. Starting up and writing code seems straight forward. Not using your own machine to store instances is also a plus.

Cons - Even though getting up and running was fairly easy, two of the biggest issues I was dealing with was; executing the code and tutorials. It seems that oftentimes I try to execute some of the codes, I run into issues so naturally the best place to seek help would be the tutorial. However, thats not the case. The tutorials seem incomplete and vague. I spent a majority of time searching externally for assistance. Even though I strongly believe that with a little polishing and refined tutorials this IDE can become better, but for now I am going to stick with workstation development.