Dext Prepare

Software zur Extraktion von Rechnungen und Belegen.

Sortieren nach

Boyd
Boyd

I use this to input all of my receipts for my business.

Bewertet am 24.7.2018

Ease of inputting receipts into accounting software.

Ease of inputting receipts into accounting software.

I can auto-forward bills and invoices I receive via email to Receipt Bank, the ones which are consistent, I can even auto-publish to my accounting software (XERO)

I'm in Canada and have a few bills I pay in US funds. Occasionally a receipt will spontaneously switch currencies for no apparent reason.

Forget the rest Receipt Bank is the best! Save time and gather more data!

Bewertet am 15.8.2018

I have been using Receipt Bank alongside Xero for at least 5 years now and I have tried the alternatives but for me RB is the best! It is easy, accurate and intelligent. Its super simple app alongside the emailing in, drag & drop, dropbox link etc makes adding receipts and bills easy so you are more likely to capture more items. The OCR works well and learns (it is however worth keeping an aye on things as sometimes it can go awry!). The supplier rules work well, it has a great user interface and is simple to navigate. I know that they do line by line splits on some supplier invoices and I would like to see that get more accessible. Overall Receipt Bank saves so much time and I think that they are still developing more and more features. I have had clients that hate it and there are a few nuances that you should pay attention to at the start but once you have it works brilliantly!! I have tried Datamolino, Autoentry and Xero direct for the day to day receipts & invoices but have always come back to Receipt Bank.
Customer support has always been good, friendly and relatively speedy. I use Receipt Bank with all my clients - we insist upon it!

I would probably say the thing that comes up over again is the price (I argue that rather pay them that than me for data entry!) but maybe if there was a lower starting price? I would love to see a Bill to client button and the option to break an invoice into lines as a standard option.

Sam
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Waste of Money

Bewertet am 22.4.2020

Ended up wasting more time then it was worth.

Not cheap either.

Ended up wasting more time then it was worth.

Not cheap either.

Photo recognition is very accurate and customer service is helpful and existant.

Where do i start. The system is very clunky, looks great from the outside but there are better solutions out there especially for the price. Upload a reciept and approve it. Then wait 24 hours for it to enter your accounting software. Nightmare when your trying to reconcile.

Doesnt link with QB Projects so have to go into each reciept in QB and add project. This defeats the whole purpose of the app. Oh and you have to wait for it to push to QB.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Expensify

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Dext Prepare

Promise of ease of use.
Cody
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Highly useful management platform for multiple companies

Bewertet am 13.8.2023

Big process improvement! When I started, we had multiple individual accounts set up instead of a single account housing each client entity, so once we took that consolidation step, everything fell into place & the workflow started to churn without incident. Few to no issues with receiving documents from outside the org, the OCR is fairly capable, and the platform learns quickly & suggests supplier rules to set for item types with regular throughput.

It works exactly as advertised & is user-friendly enough that setup is simple & intuitive. There is a wide array of features on this platform, but everything is labeled & explained well, so while there is introductory training & ongoing self-support material, you often don't need it once you get going because the platform largely guides you toward whatever it is you want to do (which makes training new staff fairly easy).

The integrations can occasionally be a bit wonky--less so the accounting software integrations than vendors & bank accounts. I've had a few issues with bank accounts coming regularly decoupled, or with vendor accounts not connecting despite the credentials being validated. The lists for each integration option are also limited, so if you're using a smaller community bank or an industry-specific vendor, you may just be out of luck.

Sean
  • Branche: Kino & Film
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

It’s been great so far, we will sign up when the trial ends!

Bewertet am 10.8.2023

Dext is a great software with many features we haven’t even touched on yet. I have already recommended it to others to help with their bookkeeping and general records.

This will be an incredible asset for us to keep on top of our bookkeeping. It’s very easy to use and review the bills that we input. I feel like this will make us very organized and ease the life of our bookkeeper and accountant as a result.

No issues to really speak of so far. I guess our one issue is that Dext uses an authentication service to link our bank account but it doesn’t seem to work for our specific bank (BMO).

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Xero
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Useful app that makes bookkeeping much more efficient

Bewertet am 13.3.2018

This software makes bookkeeping very easy, even when on the go. The mobile app is perfect for tradespeople and those on the road.
The dashboard feature is particularly useful to us a bookkeeping business as we can monitor that activity level of our clients as well as ensuring the correct uploading of their documents.

We have found ourselves paying over the odds for this software on behalf of clients whose business sees peaks and troughs in terms of activity and so some months can be charged at a higher rate because they reflect the previous month's activity, despite little to know uploads taking place in the month following. We would much prefer to pay for the software on a credit system whereby we pay for what we use.

Rhonda

Dext Prepare is Essential

Bewertet am 7.6.2023

Dext Prepare has been great to work with and is easy for my clients to use.

Dext Prepare has been great to work with and is easy for my clients to use.

Creates for a paperless bookkeeping practice. It is easy for my clients to learn and use, and keeps them out of the bookkeeping software.

Need a way for expense reports to be signed off on. I have clients who need to have expense reports authorized.

Allie
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent company with easy to use purchase paperwork

Bewertet am 10.10.2023

No hastle with simple use of data which is quick and easy

No hastle with simple use of data which is quick and easy

Simplicity of recording invoices which is excellent for ease of yearly accounting when you are too busy for filing

Nothing as its a seamless product you can use on your phone, just take a picture of your receipt and send

• Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Saves me so much time and keeps me on top of my bookkeeping

Bewertet am 16.3.2018

Fast, efficient, and I am always on top of my bookkeeping.
I scan receipts with the iOS Dropbox app and place them in a shared folder. The next day my receipts have been data-mined, and are ready for me to double check before pushing them to my FreeAgent account.
This process shaves hours off my monthly bookkeeping.

Occasionally there is a small error in the data mining, usually due to a receipt displaying information in an unusual place or style.

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Time saver

Bewertet am 26.11.2018

Absolutely love the way it can OCR, use rules I set up, and then export the data to QBO

Handling of taxes... while it reads the tax amount, we in BC have a challenge with it seperating our PST and GST amounts. (But the promise a fix is coming).

Joel
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Accounting Made Simple with Receipt Bank

Bewertet am 6.6.2019

The experience so far has been pleasant. Paperwork can be really daunting especially at the end of the month when you have to account for all the business transactions and present accounting and financial report on time. This software basically saves you the trouble by making things simpler and saving you a great deal of time.

All you have to do is take a photo of receipts and bills, make use of the drag and drop feature and get them into an accounting system for easy and quick reference.

It saves you a good deal of time in accounting. With the OCR feature, you can easily get both the debit and credit card identified when receipts submitted show they have been used for payment. Moreover, you can find out the exact bank account for the debit/credit card used to ensure there's no error when making payment or tracking transactions.

Receipt Bank simplifies bookkeeping in that you can be out and about and still be able to get things into the system without any constraint. This is actually possible thanks to the mobile app that lets you work as normal even when you are on the go.

User-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface. The dashboard also simplifies bookkeeping and lets you gauge or track your customer's activity level from time to time.

It captures accurate info. Just snap a photo and relax. The rest will be handled by the tool.

Data mining may exhibit a bit of issues sometimes. So it should definitely be checked.

Simon

Automation with Dext

Bewertet am 10.10.2022

We already liked Dext, then recently found out about a new integration feature where it links with and fetches data directly from Amazon, Uber etc. to save another stage of manual work. Excellent.

Dext, although higher price, is our preferred purchase invoice data capture system. Its more powerful, so if the client is of a certain size then it is worth the extra outlay to save time

As long as you know what it is capable of, its hard to fault

Daniel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great data extraction software for clients willing to pay premium for a premium product

Bewertet am 12.10.2022

Excellent premium software for data extraction

Excellent premium software for data extraction

The data extraction worked great and the ability to also automatically mark payments to bills is also a timesaver. The ability to post multicurrency bills is a great feature.

It took quite a while to have everything set up, sometimes the data extraction did not work for an unknown reason. Does not work for extracting data from bank statements.

Joby
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Finally accounts are paperless

Bewertet am 30.4.2018

This app saves so much time and messing about with recipes and invoices when you are doing accounts. It is very easy to use with the iPhone app, online and via email. Whenever I buy something I can just take a photo of the receipt in the app upload it and forget about it. I can also email receipts for online purchases directly to my receipt bank account.
The system then picks out all the information and passes to my accounts software (Xero) I don't have to worry about loosing receipts or searching for emailed invoices. It saves me loads of time and avoid boxes of receipts at the end of the year.

I don't really have any downsides to this product does what it says on the tin easy to use and reliable.

• Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Very Difficult To Cancel Your Subscription

Bewertet am 11.8.2023

Unfortunately, my experience with canceling my Dext subscription has over shadowed any good feelings that I had about this company and program. The owner of the subscription should have full control of canceling the membership.

Canceling your subscription with Dext is nearly impossible. You can't cancel from your own account login. You have to reach out to your account manager and make an appointment. Appointment times are 3 weeks out. Once you do talk to them, you discover that there is a 30 day notice policy to cancel which is also not posted on your account. There are not pro-rated refunds of subscription fees. In my opinion this is very unprofessional on their part. I should have a way to cancel my subscription from my end.

Sian
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Super easy invoice management

Bewertet am 23.2.2023

Generally speaking I find Dext extremely easy to use. It integrates perfectly with my accounting software and makes paperwork much less stressful

Using the app, I can easily add invoices to Dext and then edit them before publishing into my payroll software. Invoices are stored so I cab refer back if I need information in the future

I can't access all features through the app and have to use the desktop version

Brooke
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Easy expense tracking for small business

Bewertet am 3.9.2018

I love how easy it is to use Receipt Bank! Simply taking a photo of my receipts has alleviated so much stress when it comes to month end and just the general brain space it takes to keep track of paper receipts.

I honestly don't have any complaints about the software.

Tomas
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

A Great tool to keep all invoices in one place

Bewertet am 13.12.2021

A great tool to keep all invoices in one place, I hardly imagine how I could work if that soft would be not available for me.

The tool itself sometimes has issues reading excel files.

Claude
  • Branche: Informationsdienst

Receipt Bank frees up time

Bewertet am 18.9.2015

I've worked with Receipt Bank for over a year. First used it for my business, then for other businesses. It's basically the best product currently on the market. It frees up time for SMEs, I can see how it worked in our practice and also for other clients. Instead of having to manually type all the details, Receipt Bank will scan it all for you and help you manage this process. The development team is very progressive and they are very keen on making this product work for your business.

It can scan hand written receipts. Taxi receipts are a headache and we've put the system to the test, it's absolutely brilliant at recognising even the odd receipts.

We had a few cases where the receipts were coded with the wrong currency, instead of GBP we had AUD. You just need to make sure you review these receipts and make sure you spot such errors.

Lindsey
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Receipt Bank

Bewertet am 5.1.2021

ease of publishing receipts to accounting software

price is somewhat expensive for a yearly membership

Shanel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Go else where

Bewertet am 18.3.2023

It’s been aiight at least my frustration comes from their having lack of customer service support

I love that it easily flows into QBO and you can choose your method of payment. Also that it’s recognizes the accounts

Customer service is not their top priority. You can’t reach a customer service if needed one

Jack
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best in class

Bewertet am 5.6.2023

We use dext to automatically gather invoices and extract the key data from them. We manually review, make any adjustments and then export and upload to 2 x different systems. Saves so much time

The software automatically reads invoices and extracts the key data to be imported into your accounting or ERP system. This saves us countless hours of manual data entry and ensures consistent entries

Nothing negative to say at this stage, the software is incredible and the people we have interacted with are all knowledgeable and helpful

andy
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

lack of support

Bewertet am 31.8.2022

support is awful

support is awful

the day to day logging of receipts and invoices is great

the support or lack of support more like it, is horrendous! communication is terrible.

Marianne
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Time-saver for processing expense claims in a business

Bewertet am 5.3.2018

It saves time by finding most of the information it needs and then lets you review it. Allows for people to submit receipt online, which is great for a business where most employees are spread out across Canada.

Some things are confusing when submitting receipts by email. For example, if you send an email without an attachment, then the email itself becomes the receipt, but when it has an attachment, the information someone might have written in the email itself does not show up anywhere, since only the attachment will show up as a receipt. This makes for some confusion for our users.

Sherry
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Terrible Company

Bewertet am 31.1.2024

Horrible. I would not recommend this product to anyone purely on the the fact that their customer service is abominable.

Good concept. Relatively easy to use. Ability to have teams is helpful.

Customer service is terrible and the businesses practices are appalling. Tried to cancel my subscription. I was told I didn't give 30 days notice so I was on the hook for another year. I've been paying $276 a month for a year and never used it. I received three email confirmations of my cancellation date. Low and behold, a payment was taken on the cancellation date. They make it near impossible to cancel. Terrible business practices.