Dext Prepare

Software zur Extraktion von Rechnungen und Belegen.

Sortieren nach

Brett G.

Smart Solution to manual bookkeeping entry

Bewertet am 26.7.2018

Time. This saves time . It also provides peace of mind.

The AI behind this software is smart and adaptive. The OCR recognition can identify the debit/credit card used on a submitted receipt and match that receipt payment to the specific bank account in your accounting software so you can avoid sending payments to the wrong account. For accounting firms, the bundled pricing is a great value to share with your clients. It does not just push the data to your accounting software, but will search your transactions in the software to try to find matches and will sync up the payments with ease.

While they are doing good with the fetch option for online invoices (they can pull the statements and invoices from online billers, such as cell phone or internet), they do not have the capability, currently, to pull bank statements. Add this feature and we have an unmatched solution to this expense capture sector in my opinion.

Elliott N.
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Everything we need at the right price

Bewertet am 18.1.2021

Very easy to use. The interface is clear and user-friendly.

The lack of mandatory expense reports is a big plus in my view. When we used Expensify we had various issues dealing with expense reports. They aren't really necessary for our process, so eliminating them saves time. Also, now an issue with one transaction won't hold up the rest of the report.

The OCR is very accurate compared to our previous software (Expensify and Veryfi), and did seem to learn how to read different vendors' invoices when I had to make some corrections (e.g. pulling invoice date instead of order date).

Customer support was responsive and had a great attitude.

Pricing is transparent and inexpensive compared to some competitors.

Works well for both employee expenses and general accounts payable.

OCR processing time is slower than we would like. Items can be processed manually when needed, however.

Multiple approval flows would help manage expenses by department.

Doesn't integrate correctly with our bank. This seems to be an issue with our bank and the third-party integration software, but still.

Warum Dext Prepare gewählt wurde

Expensify sent out an unsolicited political email to all users, which we found unacceptable. Fortunately, this led us to find an alternative with better pricing and ease of use. We were also able to consolidate our employee expenses and general invoice entry in one software.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Expensify

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Dext Prepare

Pricing was transparent and inexpensive. We were able to easily sign up for a trial to confirm Receipt Bank met our needs.
Andrew W.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Easy expense tracking

Bewertet am 16.5.2022

Very easy to use, and integrates well with Xero and out bookkeeping and accounting practices.

Capture expenses is really easy with Dext. As a team we use a combination of photos, for physical receipts, and emails where we just attach a PDF. Both methods work really well, and it takes away the pain of tracking expenses.

The accuracy for digitisation is excellent, however, it can be slow at times. To be honest though, I would rather it take a longer time to process and be accurate than being fast and inaccurate.

Claude P.
  • Branche: Übersetzung und Lokalisierung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Bug bloquant et aucun support technique

Bewertet am 23.5.2022

Regrouper les factures à un seul endroit et préparer la saisie.

D'une apparence hyper pratique Dext facilite le traitement des factures reçues.
Mais 100% des factures doivent pouvoir être traitées et ce n'est pas le cas.

L'absence de support technique compétent. Aucun des factures internationales ou européennes ne passe correctement dans ce logiciel faute de corrections mineures et ce depuis 6 mois.
La société Dext préfère courir après de nouveau clients en ajouter des "à peu près" que de résoudre les problèmes de ses clients existants.

Frances G.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Essential in tracking staff expenses / billable expenses!

Bewertet am 27.4.2022

Its a single location to store invoices and track expenses outside of the accounting software.

Importing expenses into quick books often times creates a new vendor. I then need to go in QBO and move it to the vendor.

Audrey M.
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

I use Dext Prepare multiple time a day for various businesses

Bewertet am 28.7.2021

Overall I think it is a good program and helps streamline daily activities.

Easy setup and integration with QuickBooks Online. Clients find it quick and easy to use, which is a must to get everything done in a timely manner.

I find the monthly tiered subscription pricing to be a bit expensive.

Kimberly P.

Fantastic. Extreme time saver! Easy integration with Quickbooks

Bewertet am 25.8.2020

I have several clients that I have signed up to use Receipt Bank and they are all satisfied. Customer service is better than their competitors! I look like a hero to my clients that now use Receipt Bank!

I recommend to my accounting clients as a quick way to get their expenses recorded. Take a picture of the receipt with your phone and auto publish straight into Quickbooks. Game changer for small businesses that still use the shoe box method! It is a very easy integration with Quickbooks online! Very cost efficient for small businesses.

May not be the best choice for larger businesses with multi level approval of expense reports. I have not signed up a larger client so it may be fine, but I do not think it has this feature.

Russell B.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A useful - and usable - alternative to expensive

Bewertet am 21.12.2021

Overall this has been a good product for my accounting practice. I use it personally for my own firm and for many of my monthly bookkeeping clients as a method to capture receipts in the moment.

Designed for accountants and their clients, allows for easy collaboration and receipt capture. Does a much better job than QBO receipt capture and does not restrict the source email for forwarded emailed receipts, making it much more usable and efficient.

The refusal to allow us to use American formatted dates is a constant and significant irritant. It would be so simple to correct this that it is extremely annoying that they won't do it.

Receipt matching to existing QBO transactions is inconsistent and only looks back 3 months so it is not ideal for clean up projects.

Pricing structure isn't very flexible.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Hubdoc

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Dext Prepare

Better features, and Ledgersync does not provide client data privacy as they have access to look at all of your documents whenever they want.
Graham L.

Overall superb

Bewertet am 17.4.2018

The accuracy really is superb! It is amazingly how accurately it gets the information required from what is often messy, crumpled or poor quality receipts

The main criticism is that I need a totally separate account per business. Would be better to handle multiples from one login. Also seems bonkers to have to pay extra for more users, has no bearing on the required server time or functionality's...eg zero benefits to just sharing a login .so to charge for it seems wrong. Lastly, the GUI could be modernized slightly

Ron S.
  • Branche: Groߟhandel

Great Product Terrible Service

Bewertet am 18.3.2021

Its easy to use for the most part. as usual with most software support is non existent so if you are not a technical person it might not be for you- like most online products online their FAQ section will not answer any question you have. also they really do not want you to contact support so its difficult
Its a great idea and works with QuickBooks once you can figure out how to set it up. its not intuitive at all

while difficult to figure out with zero installation support it is a great idea and on its basis and awesome product- its price compared to others, but probably worth it. that being said if you have a problem with it- you are out of luck- you can try and contact support but that's a joke. they of course want an email. ive had a problem with their fetch service, which is another great idea- it will give you an error saying you are using the wrong credentials even though you can sign on the site with no problem using the same credentials. what you will get back will be endless emails with can responses using the very faq pages which are useless. they do not even log your complaint so each time their solution doesn't work you have to re explain again. even if you send the prior email in the body. they are clearly not equipped to support issues with their own software
I will tell you its a nice product and if you are technical and can figure out how to set it up you will be good. but if there is an issue with a feature forget it

Forget the rest Receipt Bank is the best! Save time and gather more data!

Bewertet am 15.8.2018

I have been using Receipt Bank alongside Xero for at least 5 years now and I have tried the alternatives but for me RB is the best! It is easy, accurate and intelligent. Its super simple app alongside the emailing in, drag & drop, dropbox link etc makes adding receipts and bills easy so you are more likely to capture more items. The OCR works well and learns (it is however worth keeping an aye on things as sometimes it can go awry!). The supplier rules work well, it has a great user interface and is simple to navigate. I know that they do line by line splits on some supplier invoices and I would like to see that get more accessible. Overall Receipt Bank saves so much time and I think that they are still developing more and more features. I have had clients that hate it and there are a few nuances that you should pay attention to at the start but once you have it works brilliantly!! I have tried Datamolino, Autoentry and Xero direct for the day to day receipts & invoices but have always come back to Receipt Bank.
Customer support has always been good, friendly and relatively speedy. I use Receipt Bank with all my clients - we insist upon it!

I would probably say the thing that comes up over again is the price (I argue that rather pay them that than me for data entry!) but maybe if there was a lower starting price? I would love to see a Bill to client button and the option to break an invoice into lines as a standard option.

Joel N.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Accounting Made Simple with Receipt Bank

Bewertet am 6.6.2019

The experience so far has been pleasant. Paperwork can be really daunting especially at the end of the month when you have to account for all the business transactions and present accounting and financial report on time. This software basically saves you the trouble by making things simpler and saving you a great deal of time.

All you have to do is take a photo of receipts and bills, make use of the drag and drop feature and get them into an accounting system for easy and quick reference.

It saves you a good deal of time in accounting. With the OCR feature, you can easily get both the debit and credit card identified when receipts submitted show they have been used for payment. Moreover, you can find out the exact bank account for the debit/credit card used to ensure there's no error when making payment or tracking transactions.

Receipt Bank simplifies bookkeeping in that you can be out and about and still be able to get things into the system without any constraint. This is actually possible thanks to the mobile app that lets you work as normal even when you are on the go.

User-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface. The dashboard also simplifies bookkeeping and lets you gauge or track your customer's activity level from time to time.

It captures accurate info. Just snap a photo and relax. The rest will be handled by the tool.

Data mining may exhibit a bit of issues sometimes. So it should definitely be checked.

Shan L.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A must-have product for your book management

Bewertet am 29.9.2020

Receipt bank is a great tool for business owners and accountants. It archives the supports on the cloud. Therefore, when it comes to an audit, the support could be easily pulled.

Receipt Bank is easy to track bills and receipts and useful to publish into accounting software. Also, Receipt Bank could assign different roles among users, which saves time for review and approval of reimbursable expenses. Last but not least, it keeps adding features like bank statement fetch, which creates efficiency for bank reconciliation.

If bills or receipts are denominated in foreign currency, the exchange rate used by Receipt Bank is different from that by Accounting Software. To have a consistent rate across the book, we have to manually refresh the bill date to have a consistent exchange rate.

Christie M.
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Dext doesn’t tell the truth - won’t upgrade my lower level subscription. They expect me to pay...

Bewertet am 24.2.2022

I wasn’t asking for anything more than what the average person would receive for their price. Why offer a terrible product that you don’t even advertise, that has almost the identical name to the next level product? I feel utterly duped.

I feel so disheartened by Dext & Google Play! They offered me a discount (without refunding my original purchase), yet they didn’t offer to only charge the difference between what I’d already paid and the next subscription level. WHY???

I mistakenly subscribed to Dext’s “Business Plan” through the Dext app. I couldn’t figure out why it didn’t function like it was supposed to. Once I figured out that it was called “Business” and not “Business Plus” I realized I must have subscribed to something different…I didn’t know they offered anything different from their website.
I contacted Dext right away and told them I want to upgrade (or refund to upgrade on my own). They told me Google Play can refund this. I communicated with Google Play. They said, “We can’t do this, only the app developer can. I asked, “How do I communicate with the app developer?” They gave me the same email address that I previously used to communicate with Dext. I went back and forth many times (over the course of a month) communicating with Google Play and Dext; both telling me the other can help me.
In the end, Dext offered to cancel my current subscription (but I wouldn’t get a refund) and then they’d give me 20% off a new subscription. Dext is EXPENSIVE and now I have to pay double, when I asked to be upgraded (or refunded) right after I bought it. WHO is lying to me? In the end, Dext simply closed the case on me instead of offering me the upgraded subscription for the price difference. UNBELIEVABLE!

Dext told me that I hadn’t heard of this lower level subscription because they got rid of it as it wasn’t popular, but that Google Play kept it.

Dickson M.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Receipt Bank review

Bewertet am 12.2.2020

the ability to upload your bills, receipts, invoices and bank statements from your phone makes it easy to work even out of office. This can be integrated into your accounting software that you use seamlesly without any hussles.

you can use it for free and very easy to use when extracting data that you require and it is a very good fit small businesses and you can do your work at home on your fone, laptop through your email and integrate when you are at work

It may be costly in the long run if amount of transactions increases with the growing of the business as the cost is related to amount of transactions that you undertake

• Branche: Buchhaltung

Useful app that makes bookkeeping much more efficient

Bewertet am 13.3.2018

This software makes bookkeeping very easy, even when on the go. The mobile app is perfect for tradespeople and those on the road.
The dashboard feature is particularly useful to us a bookkeeping business as we can monitor that activity level of our clients as well as ensuring the correct uploading of their documents.

We have found ourselves paying over the odds for this software on behalf of clients whose business sees peaks and troughs in terms of activity and so some months can be charged at a higher rate because they reflect the previous month's activity, despite little to know uploads taking place in the month following. We would much prefer to pay for the software on a credit system whereby we pay for what we use.

Alex T.

Receipt Bank Review

Bewertet am 5.2.2021

Very pleasant. Easy, fast, reasonably priced, nice to look at and use.

I use this daily. Ease of use is key here to minimise any further hassle from bookkeeping. RB is super easy to use, very quick to upload documents via the app or the desktop.

Possibly the rate of machine learning. I have used RB for the same customers sales invoices for over two years now, and the same mistakes are frequently made by RB's extraction. These are daily mistakes, possibly every other day. Customer Name is a very common one.

• Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Saves me so much time and keeps me on top of my bookkeeping

Bewertet am 16.3.2018

Fast, efficient, and I am always on top of my bookkeeping.
I scan receipts with the iOS Dropbox app and place them in a shared folder. The next day my receipts have been data-mined, and are ready for me to double check before pushing them to my FreeAgent account.
This process shaves hours off my monthly bookkeeping.

Occasionally there is a small error in the data mining, usually due to a receipt displaying information in an unusual place or style.

Joby I.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Finally accounts are paperless

Bewertet am 30.4.2018

This app saves so much time and messing about with recipes and invoices when you are doing accounts. It is very easy to use with the iPhone app, online and via email. Whenever I buy something I can just take a photo of the receipt in the app upload it and forget about it. I can also email receipts for online purchases directly to my receipt bank account.
The system then picks out all the information and passes to my accounts software (Xero) I don't have to worry about loosing receipts or searching for emailed invoices. It saves me loads of time and avoid boxes of receipts at the end of the year.

I don't really have any downsides to this product does what it says on the tin easy to use and reliable.

Boyd T.

I use this to input all of my receipts for my business.

Bewertet am 24.7.2018

Ease of inputting receipts into accounting software.

I can auto-forward bills and invoices I receive via email to Receipt Bank, the ones which are consistent, I can even auto-publish to my accounting software (XERO)

I'm in Canada and have a few bills I pay in US funds. Occasionally a receipt will spontaneously switch currencies for no apparent reason.

Mark S.

DEXT

Bewertet am 22.4.2021

Besides the extreme inconsistency with their pricing model, the products works and provides for time savings

Dext is a great software to eliminate the need for keystrokes to enter data into accounting software.

The system can often be a bit temperamental and extract the incorrect information from the source document.

Theresa G.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Paperless makes everything better

Bewertet am 9.7.2021

Overall, this product has brought our company leaps forward in technology. No more power invoices and receipts and the best thing is it can be done from anywhere!

We moved to Dext Prepare from a manual
System of printing invoices and submitting them. Now with Dext, everything is done online and it’s easier for accounting and employees alike.

For employees, some of the features are confusing. There are submit buttons and archive buttons that make it look like you should push them but really you don’t need to and it messes up the accountant if you do. As long as everyone knows this, it isn’t an issue but education is key.

Andrea O.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

It keeps getting better

Bewertet am 11.2.2021

really happy with the time savings.

The company is really responsive to improving the product. Simplifies the Accounts Payable Process and saves a lot of time.

sometimes AI picks up the wrong supplier and you need to be alert to this especially for autopublish suppliers.

Sam J.
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Good software but could be cheaper for smaller practices

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

My practice used to receive paperwork by various channels and we were always chasing clients. This has made it easier for the client to submit paperwork, though there is still definitely some chasing! Overall, a good product.

This software has streamlined the ways clients supply paperwork to my practice. Clients are generally happy with using it and it is very intuitive.

The pricing structure doesn't differentiate between different sizes of practice except for single users so the savings scale massively for larger companies.
Clients can be confused about submitting multiple invoices by email.
Doesn't split across classes/departments in basic product

Brooke H.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Easy expense tracking for small business

Bewertet am 3.9.2018

I love how easy it is to use Receipt Bank! Simply taking a photo of my receipts has alleviated so much stress when it comes to month end and just the general brain space it takes to keep track of paper receipts.

I honestly don't have any complaints about the software.