Emburse Certify Expense Erfahrungen

Sandra
Sandra
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

In all the times I used it, I only had one bad experience and that was rectified quickly.

Bewertet am 30.4.2018

Much easier than the old ways of dealing with receipts.

Much easier than the old ways of dealing with receipts.

Easy to edit. Easy to understand. I mostly used it for mileage, so the mapping was easy to understand. I also used it for purchases, which was a little more difficult.

I enjoyed the software, but I was a little confused with the uploading. It was a little tedious, but other than that, it was pretty easy. If I had a long receipt it made it a little difficult. Looking for an easier way to upload.

Mark
Mark
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great way to capture my expenses while traveling

Bewertet am 27.4.2018

helps organize my expenses and makes me remember to submit my report on time

helps organize my expenses and makes me remember to submit my report on time

easy to use, always available on my phone using the app. The fact it prepares my report every monday is great.

wish you could add splits before you compile reports. Wish auto fill worked better. Every once in a while this do not show up after syncing

Emily
Emily
  • Branche: Druck
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Do NOT waste your time or money!

Bewertet am 4.10.2018

We spent many weeks researching the best options for what we were looking for in an expense tracking software. We tried several trials and lastly ended with choosing Certify for the job. Talking with our sales rep, it sounded like a dream! He addressed each of our concerns and assured us everything we were looking for was within their app.

After we signed the contract, we experienced our first taste of what was to follow in how we were to be treated. We set up our first meeting to get started, and after confirming verbally, via email, and google calendar invite, our Account Manager was a no-show. No, follow up, emails, or calls to let us know either. We waited in the meeting link for 30 minutes before we reached out asking what had happened. The response we received was not of an apologetic one, but more of an “oops, I guess I forgot”. With this sort of response, we asked that an honour would be placed in that if the software was to not work for us, we could exit our contract without a penalty. Our sales rep agreed that this was a reasonable request, and confirmed we would have an exit option without penalty if their software did not work out for us.

We contacted our reps and let them know the software was not working for us. We tried, but it left us doing more work than our prior manual process. After requesting our account to be terminated, we were given penalties to be paid for exiting our contract agreement early. They would not honour any other agreements.

They were willing to work on pricing before we signed up.

Their system is outdated. The software could be good, but it seems they are not willing to update to get there.

They use a 3rd party linking system which will result in you having to manually reconnect your cards to the system weekly, or your reports will not pull in transactions correctly.

The way the users are set up, it makes no sense and has a very hard flow to things. You constantly have to ghost another user to approve expenses billed to a card that is added to your user.

They are not a customer-focused company who is concerned with their product or how their customers are treated and focused more on filling their pockets.

Certify has a great sales team, but that seems to be where the customer service ends and loads of issues begin.

Tiffany
Tiffany
  • Branche: Personalwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The app really makes Certify a winner

Bewertet am 19.2.2019

I like the Certify app to upload receipts. One photo of a receipt, and then toss it. Later, assign those receipts to an expense report, submit, and done. Tracking for end of year is easy.

It is sometimes difficult to maneuver around in Certify, especially between expense reports.

Michael
Michael
  • Branche: Möbel
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Good expense software

Bewertet am 22.10.2018

The best thing about Certify for how I use it is the synchronization with credit cards. This make it very convenient to make sure I have everything expensed properly and everything matches up.

The interface can be a little confusing sometimes. I have used SAP Concur for some time now so when I switched it was frustrating to enter in some basic transactions. But I got used to it. The other thing i noticed is that the iPhone app is not a direct link to the software but instead needs to be synchronized before the data will go back and forth.

• Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

I use Certify every month both personally and for my employees

Bewertet am 13.3.2018

It even keeps you updated on the process of your and your employees expenses.

It even keeps you updated on the process of your and your employees expenses.

Certify is easy to use. It is easy to add receipts. It keeps good records. It has an easy approval process as well.

Shari
Shari
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Certify has helped us process expense reports faster than ever before.

Bewertet am 1.9.2017

They have a terrific support staff that helps all the employees with any issues they may have using the app. Having the ability to take a photo of receipts is very helpful in the problem with missing receipts. The initial set up was quick & we were able to import the expense reports directly into our accounting software eliminating errors.

Thomas
Thomas
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A company I represent requires us to use this for expense reports

Bewertet am 7.5.2018

Ease of use and ease of submitting the finished expense report.

Ease of use and ease of submitting the finished expense report.

I like that it is done online and once I complete the expense report it will automatically notify everyone in the chain of command that it is completed and submitted.

It is not as easy as I would like to connect receipts to the report and I typically scan them on my printer and save to a file on the computer. It should store any previously used receipts in a "completed" folder so they don't continue to come up when I'm trying to attach new receipts to a new report.

Anne Marie
Anne Marie

Very easy to use, extremely straight forward

Bewertet am 8.6.2018

look and feel, plus great customer service when starting out. They were fast with question responses.

Jim
Jim
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Saves time

Bewertet am 1.9.2017

Saves time, no longer have to keep track with pen and paper.
Ease of use is outstanding and intuitive. Being able to take pics of your receipts and upload them for approval.

I don't have any Cons to address. I'm totally behind this app. It makes accounting for reimbursables and receipts easy.

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Most bang for the buck

Bewertet am 30.3.2021

Certify has made our expense program manageable and transparent.

Certify has made our expense program manageable and transparent.

Certify is intuitive. Users need minimal training.

Corporate card holders can edit/delete the vendor information when creating a report.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

SAP Concur und Workday HCM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Emburse Certify Expense

Pricing and features. Especially mileage calculation feature.
Susan
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Simplify your expense reporting now!

Bewertet am 26.1.2023

I've been using Emburse Certify for approximately 10-12 years. I was part of the selection and implementation team at two companies and both times, the transition from paper to Emburse Certify has been so simple and quick. Responses from employees have always been positive and even thankful that we transitioned. The software is incredibly user friendly and expense reports can be processed quickly and efficiently every time!

Emburse has made expense reporting so easy for our company. From the ease of entering in receipts and expenses into the system, to the seemless approval and processing, our employees love how easy it is and how quickly they can now be paid!

The ACH payment function had a hiccup back in May of 2022 and since then we've noticed it is taking longer for our payments to make it into our employees accounts. We've decided to move away from this feature and handle it through our bank instead. In doing so Emburse has made that transition easy with their pay manual function in the process reimbursements section.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Expensify
Brian
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Functional and Economical Certify

Bewertet am 26.1.2023

Our experience with Certify has been great. Before using Certify, our 20 company credit card holders submitted monthly expense reports with hard copies of receipts. Having to collect receipts for a month was a burden for the employees and created quite a task for accounting to review and verify them when matching to the credit card statement. And if copies were needed to submit with a customer invoice, it would have to be scanned. Certify is an easy-to-use solution to these issues and saves our company many hours a month. Customer support is top-notch when a problem does arise.

Reasonable price and the ability to upload receipts and it's ability to "read" the receipts and autofill saves time. Receipts can then be accessed at a later time if necessary. Initial integration was supported by Certify to insure success.

Usually it imports credit card transactions automatically but, if we need to import them manually, most times it takes several attempts to bring in credit card transactions. Could be our bank but it can take a few tries. Isn't a huge issue at all.

Melanie
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Easy to use travel and expense system

Bewertet am 4.7.2019

The business problem I am solving with using Certify is keeping all of the expense reimbursements organized. With the organization I currently work with, there are a lot of sales people who do a great deal of traveling that they get reimbursed for. It was difficult in the past to manually look at each receipt and total the amounts. With the system, it helps to streamline the process.

I like that Certify sends me individual emails for each employee that has submitted an expense reimbursement. It also provides reminders if an expense has been submitted but not approved yet. This helps to keep everything organized and ensure nothing gets missed. With the system, Certify allows the approver to click into each expense and view the receipt. It is easy to approve and if you need to write a note to the employee you can do so within the system. For example, if an employee forgets to submit a receipt, I just write a note to them within the system to please upload the receipt. I then get an email when the employee responds.

I have had an issue in the past where the employees would not receive emails when I write a note to them in the system. They would have to log into Certify. This issue has since seemed to have been fixed. Other than that the system is easy to use.

Yvonne
  • Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Ease of use in the field.

Bewertet am 5.4.2019

Entry is very easy with the mobile app. I use this in the field. It is so much more convenient than doing expense reports longhand and having to fax in. Data entry is very fast. Sending in for review and processing is seamless. The few times I needed directions I was able to get accurate help from customer service immediately. They are professional, knowledgeable, and supportive.

The app has minimal instructions for correcting entry errors after the expense report has been generated. Customer service redeemed this issue by being very knowledgeable and helpful. The available tutorials also only cover general field usage with no help for doing fixes. Also, photos of receipts do not always accurately fill the expense field and do need to be reviewed before saving in order to correct blank or incorrect fields.

Donald

It's not bad, not great either.

Bewertet am 5.3.2015

It's not the best, but it's not horrible either.

The mobile app works well. Auto-expenses are not...

It's not the best, but it's not horrible either.

The mobile app works well. Auto-expenses are not reliable though. Rarely gets 'auto-fill' correct and most of the time have to manually enter everything (no big deal, still a time saver).

Web app, however, has a serious problem: linking uploaded receipts to existing expenses. If I create a new expense, upload a .pdf receipt (scanned in image of phone bill for example) and then try to link the two...it invariably creates havoc. Looks fine on my end, but as soon as I submit it for approval the links get broken (no joke, the expense shows receipts from a few months ago or other random flakiness). This, of course, results in more time to fix things. Which, as a field guy, means more time waiting to get paid.

I have a work around for that but it's still a bug...and it was annoying ;>).

The other thing I don't like about Certify: reimbursement. Yes, they do direct deposit into bank account. That's nice.

However....and this is where I have an issue...they say 'up to 5 business days'. Skip the 'up to' bit. It is 5 business days on the button every single time. So, for example...if our manager doesn't get around to approving the expenses for whatever reason...there could be (and is) a significantly delay in payment (keep in mind, business days...weekends don't count). The odd bit is Certify takes the money out as soon as approval is submitted...but takes 5 business days to pay out. Sorry, it should be a simple take -> pay process. Not take -> hold -> pay. There clearly is inefficiency somewhere on there side.

Our office manager could do a transfer that day (takes all of two minutes).

Overall, I am sure the bean counters like it. But as a field guy...I am not thoroughly impressed. Some flakiness in the software, the delays involved in reimbursement, and so on. Really hasn't made my life easier. There are much better apps out there for expense management.

Jennifer
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

Certify Review

Bewertet am 18.9.2020

- Overall, I really enjoyed my experience with Certify. The benefits of this program is that I was able to collect all my supervisor's incoming expenses and receipts and invoices with very minimal frustration and confusion due to Certify's organized program.

- how organized the interface is (ability to easily find and go to where I need to go)
- classic, clean, sleek look to the website

- I remembered a few times where I had to click backwards in order to accomplish something moving forward. For example, when I was creating a expense, if I wanted to look at the overview of the expenses, I'd have to click backwards in order to view it, and then go back to the expense report that I had just created. A lot of back and forth that caused much inconvenience.

Risa
Risa
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Creating expense reports couldn't be easier!

Bewertet am 25.2.2019

Before Certify, I had to physically tape receipts to a piece of paper and scan it to our finance department. Now, I take pictures of receipts as I get them or forward receipts from my email. I can then easily create, send, and approve expense reports.

Creating expense reports couldn't be easier! I set up my account so that I can forward email receipts directly to Certify and the app makes it super easy to snap photos of receipts and upload them. In my role, I also have to approve expense reports - Certify makes it easy to do that (and make edits when something is submitted incorrectly). PLUS, their customer service is great - they are super supportive and friendly and are able to resolve any issues that arise quickly.

There's not much I don't like about it, but sometimes Certify will guess what expense category something belongs in, but it is often wrong (I just ignore it, so it's not a huge problem).

Billy

Certify works and might save time for Accounting, but not necessarily for the employee or...

Bewertet am 20.12.2016

The visual appearance and arrangement of the web page are sufficient and clean.

ONLINE versus...

The visual appearance and arrangement of the web page are sufficient and clean.

ONLINE versus SPREADSHEET. Sometimes, travel to locations, such as foreign worksites, where there is slow or intermittent access to the internet sometimes results in difficulty syncing expenses and receipts. On those trips, most employees keep a separate Excel spreadsheet or handwritten diary of day-to-day expenses until they get home. When they get home, they spend hours or days converting their spreadsheet to Certify. Some employees reported losing receipts while connected to Wi-Fi in remote areas even after the mobile app reported a satisfactory sync and the receipt is gone from the mobile device.

STATUS BOX RECALL. If no changes have been made to an expense, it would be helpful if the Status Box would recall the previous status after an Expense Report has been returned for re-approval. The Status box is not remembered between approvals. The result is all previously approved expenses have to be re-examined and re-approved, even if no changes have been made to the expense. Large expense reports that get revised can require a lot of time to re-review.

IMAGE FULL-VIEW SYNCING. A full-view image of the receipt in a separate window is available but loses sync with the original window after a receipt image is selected for View Full in one window and subsequently any other views are selected on the expense report window. For example, with receipt A in full view in one window, if the expense report view is changed from Normal, Compact, Detailed, or Full, the full receipt image no longer updates to show subsequent receipt B, C, and so on, automatically.

Some employees report that occasionally receipts or expenses linger for days even after being deleted and synced.

rajan
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

i have been using this for my bill sand find is easier to use than our prior method

Bewertet am 8.6.2018

easy to use

easy to use

ease of use, easy to try and figure out things on my own Drug metabolism is the conversion or breakdown of drugs into more soluble forms through a specialized set of enzymes in living organisms. During this process, drug efficacy and safety issues may occur. For example, drug metabolic stability can affect the clearance rate of the drugs, thus influence the dosing strategy. Potential interactions between drugs and drug metabolizing enzymes can cause induction or inhibition of the enzymes, leading to increased or decreased drug exposures, especially when two or more drugs are present. Thus it' s necessary to assess the metabolic patterns and properties of your compounds.

i cannot think of any right off hand Drug metabolism is the conversion or breakdown of drugs into more soluble forms through a specialized set of enzymes in living organisms. During this process, drug efficacy and safety issues may occur. For example, drug metabolic stability can affect the clearance rate of the drugs, thus influence the dosing strategy. Potential interactions between drugs and drug metabolizing enzymes can cause induction or inhibition of the enzymes, leading to increased or decreased drug exposures, especially when two or more drugs are present. Thus it' s necessary to assess the metabolic patterns and properties of your compounds.

Pam
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Certify for my teams

Bewertet am 8.4.2019

I use this to software daily, both for creating expense reports for others or approving for my Director.
It is easy to use and I appreciate being able to leave additional comments

easy to use, software is straightforward

This is probably my company's choice but the categories that are listed for how we are to list the expense (travel-meals, others meals, mileage) the categories are not explained well and often I do not know what to choose. How strict do we need to be with these categories, are they truly linked to something we are tracking?

Brittney
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Expenses

Bewertet am 26.1.2023

I love Certify and think it is a great asset to our company.

I love Certify and think it is a great asset to our company.

Easy to use, to train employees to use, track expenses, etc.

Sometimes can be hard to find what you are looking for by the descriptions in reports. Long lists of reporting. Summarized bullet points might be easier to use for all generations of people.

Alex
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Excellent value for money

Bewertet am 10.5.2019

Timely reporting of expense reports, visibility of all expenses, easy to track & review. Historical data available and can review previous information very easily

Easy to use and the step by step implmentation process was well supported. Good training materials and support after implementation is available. Many good reports are also available.

Did not have any issues with implementing the new expense report process and approval process within the system works well

Does not handle the GST specific to Canada very well. However we were able to customize a field to capture the information on a report that can be exported to excel to suit our needs.
Does not readily integrate into Sage to simplify data entry.

• Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great value for a piece of software that's unobtrusive but effective. We use it daily and love...

Bewertet am 8.4.2018

It has really made tracking expenses and travel costs a breeze to track, leading to more efficiency and accuracy within our reporting. All of our outside customer sales reps use it daily.

Scaling to a larger business can seem complicated through the web app in the very beginning but they have a great service team that can answer all your questions. Also things like expense reporting and creating spreadsheets can sometimes take a few moments to load entirely but that's normally due to network issues and rarely has to do with the app.

Laurel

Is a valuable T&E tool!

Bewertet am 24.7.2018

The digital processing of T&E reports is by far more efficient than having employees submitting them on paper through snail mail.

Ease of use for employees to track and submit expenses. The ability to track their expenses on their mobile devices.

the delay/processing time for employees who have a large number of items to process in one report is a huge time eater. And, moving between items they feel is cumbersome.