Namely

Santiago
Santiago
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

As an HRIS Namely is as good as it gets. Works out of the box but it does adapt to your...

Bewertet am 13.4.2018

As an HRIS Namely is as good as it gets. After using many other platforms in the past, I can say that Namely provides an easy to use platform that works out of the box but offers a great deal of customization to fit your workflows. They are constantly releasing new features and improvements that are visible and useful with a support staff that is always ready to help.

Having HRIS, Payroll and Benefits in one place and dedicated client rep and dedicated benefits rep is definetely hard to beat.

Integration between payroll and HRIS is a work in progress that still needs work. I am confident they will continue to improve it moving forward.

Tess
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

CircleCI<>Namely

Bewertet am 30.1.2020

Our experience with Namely has definitely been tumultuous. We had a very rocky start and it continued to be rocky as the turnover rate was extremely high on their CS team. We had about 6 CSMs within one year. Constant issues with the platform and no resolution in sight. Things are better now and Namely seems to be making great strides towards progress, but still has work to do.

-one source of truth for all employee information
- easy to track/request time off
-resources tab is helpful for new hires
-place to store private employee data
-very customizable

-SO many issues in the beginning(especially with workflows and onboarding templates)
(ex. when you submit a salary change workflow you have to do two separate workflows for base salary and commission, even though the commission piece is added into the workflow).
-can't easily hide legal name from other employees view
-tasks tab is pretty much no use to us. When you assign a task to someone there is no way to set reminders or alert you if you have a task overdue. Also, no notification or red flag that says you have incomplete tasks on the homepage.

ADP Workforce Now , BambooHR und Paylocity

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Namely

We thought it would be best for what we needed. Globally distributed. Payroll+HRIS. Customizable.
Emily
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Adequate product for the price

Bewertet am 22.9.2022

I personally would not partner with Namely in the future, but it worked well enough for the 1 year+ that we had it.

We decided to go with Namely because it worked well with Germany, and we are an international company. It is unfortunately very difficult to find a product that works well in both Germany and US, since Germany is not a 1st tier country (like Spain, France, England). Germany also has very specific compliance and protocols in place. This was a number 1 feature to us, as well as the price point.

Namely also had relatively simple reporting, we were always able to get what we needed.

Performance reviews were quite bad (from both an administrative and user standpoint), no ability to plan compensation within the system, difficult to set up work flows and difficult customer service (not able to just chat with someone, needed to email and create a ticket and wait for a response), organization chart was not set up well, work flows were not as simple as they could have been (ie a workflow for managers to be involved when someone was onboarded - had to be entirely manual).

Bob und Personio

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Namely

Namely was better for the German side of our business

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you feel Namely wasn't the right solution for your company and apologize for your negative experience. We will be sure to relay your feedback and suggestions to our Product team.

Allison

Highly Recommend

Bewertet am 5.3.2020

Namely is easy to use. I highly recommend using all options for a true integrated experience - HRIS, Payroll, Benefits & Time. It has definitely enabled our small People Ops team be able to support our company's rapid growth. It has a great user interface for our employees. Namely is constantly adding new features and improvements, which shows me they are constantly looking to adapt their product to the needs of their customers.

Namely is very much "self-service", which can be great if you have the answers and the knowledge. However, there are some drawbacks with payroll, which can often provide tax & regulatory challenges. Getting a hold of the right person when we have detailed payroll questions, can sometimes be difficult.

BambooHR

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Namely

At the time, Bamboo did not offer a Payroll integration, among other reasons.
Toni
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Namely Software

Bewertet am 10.2.2021

I love the ability to have all of my onboarding forms in one place. Employees are able to electronically sign and eases the onboarding process.

The feature that I like the least is the benefits process. The last two years I have had problems with registering new employees with the insurance and it seems like I end up doing the registration myself so the employees can get their insurance.

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Namely has been able to offer you onboarding features that best fit your company.

Elizabeth
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

A Great Company that is Always Improving

Bewertet am 20.8.2020

We love the onboarding system, it makes everything very easy and automated! We also really appreciate the way Namely takes feedback and acts upon it. They release new features and products every quarter and the releases really are what the customers are looking for. The company is always looking to improve and grow which we really value.

We have had difficulty with the Namely Time feature, it gets confusing for employees and sometimes there are issues with information syncing between the two systems.

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to continue enhancing our platform and your overall client experience.

Cristin
  • Branche: Militär

Namely Review

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

Amazing. Timely. Professional. Helpful. Friendly.

Amazing. Timely. Professional. Helpful. Friendly.

HRIS system is easy to manage and understand. Our employees like the feed. Love the customer service - they are super helpful and friendly. Love eSig.

I don't like Namely Time. I wish it was more straightforward to use. I also wish that Namely had a background check integration providers. I wish there was a built in ATS system.

Gusto und Rippling

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Namely

Ultimately because of your customer support system. It gives me confidence to use your product.

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our customer support team helps give you confidence when using Namely. As for your pain points, we will be be sure to relay them to our Product team.

Leon
Leon
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy and sustainable.

Bewertet am 28.9.2018

Namely is simple and easy to use, it requires a few improvements that seem to be coming soon. It still has some glitches that need an urgent fix, but with the few conversations I've had with the Customer Support team, I can tell that Namely will greatly improve in future versions.

It is a straightforward and easy to use software, the user interface is the simplest one in the market of HR Management tools. It is a good example of the Integration between Payroll and HR Systems, and might be useful in the Linkbuilding bussiness with a few enhancements and addons.

The Customer Service is great and the people involved are very kind and competent.

The customization of the processes is not easy to implement, and tends to be tiresome, and in many cases it slows down the navigation.

It is currently lacking a proper auto-sync feature.

It does not have the E-signature feature for current employees.

The performance management module has a complicated nature.

There could be a better integration between the HR and the Payroll modules. As I explained in the Pros, it is easy to use but it could be highly improved in terms of pragmatic functionalities over the user friendly interface.

Trinity
Trinity

Excellent Solution for SMBs and Scaling Companies

Bewertet am 10.9.2018

The best parts about using Namely is their excellent support+success team and the constant growth that they are experiencing which results in frequent updates that make my job easier. Having a fully integrated solution has saved me an abundance of time. The ease of integration with the HRIS tool is great for scaling companies that use a variety of products to function but want one-source-of-truth. Reporting capabilities in both HRIS and Payroll are detailed and have gained the stamp of approval from Finance and HR.

-Excellent customer support.
-One stop solution for HRIS, Payroll, and Benefits.
-Very customizable for different use cases.
-Constant and reliable product updates and roadmap.

-Document storage is not robust
-While the tool is very customizable, it is a slight learning curve to master the smaller details.

Micquella
Micquella
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Namely brings together HRIS, payroll, and benefits into a pleasantly designed, easy to use...

Bewertet am 14.3.2018

I love that benefit elections are synced to payroll. Before Namely, this was a huge manual effort to maintain and audit. Namely is engaging and simple for employees to use - I get frequent positive feedback on that, across our staff demographics. People also really like the activity feed to give appreciative shout-outs to coworkers. As an admin, Namely's flexible permissions are a huge plus - this is something I've missed with other cloud software my company uses.

The Time Off functionality is a bit simplistic. I'd also like to see more configurable, custom notifications.

Amber
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Needs more work

Bewertet am 17.9.2019

I have only been using Namely since the end of May 2019. I am hoping that as time goes on it will become easier to navigate, but at this time I am not enjoying the move.

I like the idea of only having to use 1 program to manage employee timekeeping, payroll and benefits.

This program has not been an easy transition nor has it been easy learn. One of my biggest issues with Namely is the process of inputting new hires. They call it Onboarding, and the new hire has to have an email or you have to setup one for them. Once you have completed the onboarding process then you have to go through many different screens to finish the setup, and then wait for the system to catch up and generate an employee ID so they can start clocking in/out on the time clock. I have found that if I do this in the morning, the employee ID is not issued until end of day. The old program I used I could setup the new hire in 10 minutes and have them clocking in and out right away. Clocking in/out for team members has been a struggle too because it does take a lot of time and if you have more than one person attempting to clock in/out for their shift, someone is always late or ends up with a missed punch because of all the "ok"'s they have to hit. If they miss the last "ok" it does not record their punch.

Ralitsa
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Overall review

Bewertet am 10.2.2021

Namely is easy to navigate for the admins and our employees. The social aspect that everybody can share on the dashboard is great. Payroll service is also very satisfactory. Customer service improved from an year ago. We have received fast and helpful responses to our inquiries. Benefits management in the system is also intuitive. We had smooth last Open Enrollment.

One of the features that I wish to improve is the Namely Time reporting. Majority of our employees are hourly so when we are looking for reporting on the hours worked the reports are not robust and involves lots of time cleaning to get to the information you need. PTO tracking for hourly and salary and reporting it could be better and less confusing.
Another feature I wish to improve is the Namely Benefits as a broker. We had signed up previously but then ended up with another broker as many errors occurred in our benefits management and lack of commutation with our broker. File feed management during open enrollment could improved also.

UKG Pro , TriNet Zenefits und ADP TotalSource

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that both you and your employees find Namely's platform user-friendlyespecially with payroll services.

Susan
  • Branche: Forschung

Namely Allowed HR to Scale

Bewertet am 17.6.2020

Streamlining all of our onboarding and reviewing.

Streamlining all of our onboarding and reviewing.

Namely is used as our HRIS and payroll system. I has an onboarding module that was incredibly helpful in digitizing our entire onboarding system and allowing all the info to flow into HRIS and payroll. The EE review feature has also streamlined our review process

The implementation required heavy lifting to present our data into a Namely prescribed spreadsheets. I wished there were better mapping that would have required more on Namely's part. (2) some of the place holding features that exist in payroll are not available on the HRIS side. Ex: if I want to view deductions for many EEs I can go the deduction location and click through and easily view one EEs info after another. If I want to do the same within HRIS I cannot. So there are many, many clicks required to accomplish the same task.

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Namely has streamlined your HR processes, like onboarding and performance reviews.

As for implementation, we truly apologize for your experience. In 2019, we recognized that gathering required data was a huge lift and burden for some of our clients, so we introduced Data Services as a solution. Clients who utilize Data Services work directly with a Namely consultant to pull the necessary data from their current system. The Namely consultant then works to ensure the data is formatted properly for import, giving our clients more time to focus on other pieces of implementation and providing them with a more seamless experience.

As for the place holding features on the HRIS side, we will relay your feedback to our Product team. Thank you!

Mary Beth
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Namely HR Software

Bewertet am 24.7.2020

Our staff is very pleased with Namely - it saves them time completing performance appraisals. Plus they have their information at their fingertips and can quickly make a change of address right there instead of sending an email to all who needs to know.

The software is extremely easy to use. It reminds me most of Facebook. Pretty user-friendly.

We have a lot of "special circumstances". Some are harder than others to incorporate into this software. We have workarounds for most of them and we have changed some of our procedures to fit within the Namely parameters.

ADP Workforce Now

Warum Namely gewählt wurde

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your employees enjoy using our platform.

Mim
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great system to bridge the gap between HR needs and employees

Bewertet am 9.6.2021

Depending on what you need to use it for, the system is great and simple for employees to use. It could definitely use some work in the PTO request department, but other than that, it's a solid system!

Namely is easy to use with a pretty intuitive interface, which makes accessing tools and information quick and simple. We utilize this system mainly for our payroll info, performance reviews and general employee information across the company.

We were hoping to move all facets of our previous system over to Namely, which included requesting time off, but we were unable to due to a lot of basic features were missing in the Namely system. For instance, when requesting time off in Namely, we were only able to submit a certain number of hours off vs setting a specific start and end time to our requested time off. Another issue was the integration Namely has with Google calendars and successfully adding requested time off to our calendars.

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoy using our platform. As for your pain points about PTO tracking and an integration with Google calendars, we will be sure to relay them to our Product team.

Shane
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Namely: To Infinity and Beyond!

Bewertet am 2.11.2016

A couple of years ago I sat in my office after getting off the phone with our previous HR software support team. I was angry at the 72 hour turn around time and then it hit me. I don't have to put up with this. I began my journey to find a replacement HR/Payroll platform. I didn't want to be held back by so-called "turn around time" ever again. Demo after demo I battled through all the fluff of the so called superb platforms on the market, then I threw on the brakes. I stumbled on this company called Namely that looked familiar to social media that I frequent. It looked so simple, could this be the one? I signed up for the demo prepared to be disappointed by a flashy sight with no power behind it and awful customer service, but then it happened. I found the ONE. So simple, yet very powerful and the customer service was off the chart (from another planet). We took a leap and implemented Namely's HR and Payroll platform. I dreaded to hear employee feedback and was terrified to reach out to customer support. Employee feedback started to roll in, what? they actually love it and it's easy to use. I never dreamed I would receive so much positive feedback from employees, but I did and still do. Then came the day I had to contact customer support. I was blown away by the quick and courteous support I received. I was in awe. This is exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't believe it. An HR platform that employees love, HR and Payroll managers love to use, and quick and courteous support. Namely will allow us to grow To Infinity and Beyond! We love Namely!

Employees and Managers love the look, feel and ease of use. The platform is very customize able and the reporting is very powerful. From on-boarding to termination, Namely has what it takes to get the job done. Their open API is a huge plus allowing integration with almost any vendor.

The calendar could be more powerful and the file storage could use a makeover, but you can't lose with this platform. They are continuously listening to users and making improvements.

Meg
  • Branche: Vermögensverwaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A solid product, easy to use, checks all the boxes

Bewertet am 10.2.2021

Namely is the perfect solution for a small business like ours. It has saved me so much time compared to the previous solution we used for HR and payroll.

I find Namely easy to manage, easy to explain to employees, full-featured, with solid and easy-to-use reporting. The payroll reporting, which I use extensively, is especially robust - I haven't had to venture into custom reports because all the "canned" reports meet my needs and then some, and they download lightning-quick! After a year I have yet to find something "glitchy" that doesn't work quite right - it's well-built and thoughtfully designed.

I find that correcting the occasional payroll issue is a bit of a challenge - fortunately, Namely's payroll customer support team is well-versed and available to assist.

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our centralized platform has saved you valuable time.

Adri

Sr. Director, Global People Operations

Bewertet am 17.12.2021

Extremely positive. I love working with the entire Namely team - they have a great customer-centric culture, are knowledgable, there at the drop of the hat and just a pleasure to work with. I couldn't recommend the team more highly.

I absolutely LOVE Namely. The HRIS is very easy to use, manage and creates a great experience not only for admins but our employees as a whole. Everything is seamless to navigate and it is honestly an HR professional's dream come true.

I wish the reporting aspects were a little bit more straightforward to use / understand how to create and do more analytics and data pulling. Overall, it's great and something I'm sure the helpdesk community would be happy to set up a session to delve into more 1-1.

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you've enjoyed using our platform and working with our customer support team.

John
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Namely HRIS

Bewertet am 11.6.2019

Namely has been a painful experience, with no support in the roll-out or implementation. Unless you have a dedicated resource to roll-out this platform, be very prepared for late nights stuck on hold to the Customer Service Team, who will only take a message in any case.

To a degree, the intuitive nature of Namely is its saving grace.

The Customer Service, Account Management and so far - every interaction has been lack-luster.

Workday HCM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Namely

The cost was a lot lower at the time.
Monica
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Poor, poor payroll

Bewertet am 11.6.2020

We selected Namely for the HR flexibility and have been very disappointed with the Payroll technology and customer service.

They have customized workflow capabilities in a self-service platform.

We have used the HRIS integrated with their Payroll system and have had major issues with tax reporting and customer service. Strongly do NOT recommend using their payroll services for mid-tier or NFP or global organizations.

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We truly apologize for your experience and appreciate your feedback. Since Namely Payroll is a U.S.-only payroll solution, our software may not have been the right fit for your company if you have a global payroll profile. However, we have recently made significant upgrades to our tax engine and are currently building out a new unified reporting infrastructure that we believe will move our offering forward significantly. We plan to continue investing in this area on an ongoing basis.

Travis
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

Straight forward

Bewertet am 7.4.2021

Line of sight is easy, metrics and reporting are well thought out. Performance management is excellent, company goal setting, company wide communication is excellent.

Namely is straight forward, clear, and easy to use right out of the box. In fact very few things have been changed for over a year.

There are not any cons, it is easy to use.

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoy utilizing our all-in-one platform and find it to be straight forward.

Christi
  • Branche: Luxusgüter & Schmuck

Worst HRIS/Payroll Provider I have Ever Used

Bewertet am 20.6.2019

Terrible. Have never used them before and will never use them again.
Cancelled the broker/benefits...

Terrible. Have never used them before and will never use them again.
Cancelled the broker/benefits part we had already because that was a joke.
They do not care and it shows every time I have needed to ask a question, e-mailed or called.

Easy to look at employee profiles in the HRIS side.

Just about everything else. Customer service is HORRIBLE. Many times, they put you on hold for so long I have been able to figure out the answer myself and had to tell them how I did it. Also, they say they will transfer you and then you are on hold for even longer, then get disconnected. This happens often! The main company rep tells you to let them know if you need anything, but then never help you and when they do it's just to tell you to contact the service team. When you can get through to a service rep, sounds like they are having happy hour in the background and it is so loud. I have had to ask the CSR to ask them to be quieter so I could actually hear the person. Forget about having them help you with tax issues and having them actually submit your state/UI taxes. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY EVER. Completely frustrated with this company.

Bradford
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Don't Fall For It

Bewertet am 30.5.2019

My People Ops team has gone to extraordinary efforts to fix a number of things. The service we receive and the quality of follow through is horrible. I would give Namely a 0 every day of the year, but this week's particular issue is that after a recent Open Enrollment period only about half of employee deductions were being made - despite TWO separate confirmations from my team with Namely that everything was setup. And that was AFTER Namely set the deductions up wrong in the first place. Two weeks ago we asked for some price relief for a set of employees that don't get payroll or benefits admin through Namely - and we were told no. It's just bad after bad after bad. The members of my team who use Namely are problem solvers, not complainers, and every single one cannot wait to get off of this platform.

The HRIS part is good for onboarding and managing employee data.

Benefits Administration and Payroll products are very bad. Be sure you ask to see these in detail when you're buying because they will mostly show you the glossy front end. The part your teams actually needs to work in is pretty terrible and very poorly tied together. We are constantly finding things that Namely needs to fix, and they usually don't fix it correctly the first time.

Raji

Namely has been very easy to use and the support has been great and generally proactive

Bewertet am 6.12.2017

Namely is fairly intuitive. Most employees have not needed much in the way of training or tutorials and they like the eases of use and the user interface. It can be customized fairly well and the team and account reps are always available to help. I also love how it integrates so many HR functions under one roof and all are done well.

One minor drawbacks on time off reports is you cannot run a report to see vacation balances as of a certain day in the past (or future) - it is only current. Also, navigating is a bit clunkier than I'd like - there are no dynamic searches and you cannot jump from a Teams page for one employee to a Teams page for another employee with one click.

• Branche: Öl & Energie

Super customizable HRIS

Bewertet am 4.5.2020

Love that it is so customizable and I can add whatever data fields I need and the majority of these data fields are reportable (the reporting feature on pretty much any field is incredibly helpful for us). Namely listens to its customers and continuously adds features that address pain points.

These aren't cons per se but they are pain points for us: as wonderful as the customizability in adding data fields is, the HRIS is kind of basic in terms of functionality that just make sense - for example data flowing from the HRIS to the payroll system (only some of it actually does), terminations, rehires and benefit enrollment, not being able to edit onboarding templates (need to copy the template, edit and then create vs. just making edits to a current one) ...

Antwort von Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you find our platform to be super customizable. As for your pain points, we will be be sure to relay them to our Product team.