Clover

Madison
Madison
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Use in my small businees

Bewertet am 6.8.2018

Clover has been an excellent option for taking payments in my stores.

Clover has been an excellent option for taking payments in my stores.

My coffee shop uses clover devices as our POS system. The software is convenient and easy to place in a store. It features many apps that make it applicable to nearly any market. They also have many accessories- the main one we use are the receipt printers (small and regular size), the handheld tablet, and the customer interface screen.

Over time the clover tablets do slow down. We frequently reboot them to rev up the speed.

Gordon
  • Branche: Sportartikel

Needed a new Payment Processor and they killed it

Bewertet am 18.2.2020

Customer service has been great to work with. The integration with my website was beyond simple which is what I need running a 2 person business.

The ease of which I was able to set up an account for my business and integrated it into my website was astonishing. Most people think of clover as a POS system but I primarily use it on the back side of my website and needed the option for a mobile POS. They have it both.

The cost of equipment that is needed to use this software as a POS is a bit daunting. There are different levels of equipment, but they are all a little pricey.

Square Payments

Warum Clover gewählt wurde

The need for payments to run through my website and at my new storefront without having multiple processors.

PayPal Commerce Platform
Dan
  • Branche: Restaurants
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Recent and dramatic price increases lower my overall view.

Bewertet am 7.5.2024

Inventory management and overall easy to use.

Missing many useful and common restaurant/bar features. Just tripled price to maintain access to certain apps

yesenia
  • Branche: Tierarzt

Clover Review

Bewertet am 24.2.2024

The thing I liked most about clover was how easy it was to look at past payments.

The things i liked least about Clover was the fact that we weren't able to process refunds online.

• Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple to set up and configure. Simple to use. Flexible reporting options. Decent Support.

Bewertet am 31.5.2022

Clover simplified payment processing for us with easy to use devices and flexible reporting options.

Our overall experience has been great. The Clover portal is simple to set up and devices are easy to configure. Clover devices are wireless and easy for staff to use, with good user level security and flexible reporting options. We have had no issues with the devices or the service since going live.

If there is any WiFi interferance the devices can disconnect from the internet and prevent payment processing, this is not a Clover issue though.

Katey
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

For accepting payments

Bewertet am 28.10.2020

Positive. Much easier than our last system. Just wish they weren't so expensive.

That it is portable and easy to use for people who are not tech savy. You can also take pictures of people if you need to when you take their payment.

How expensive it is to replace a machine that is out of it's warranty.

Briana
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Overpriced, poor customer service

Bewertet am 16.1.2020

I wouldn't recommend Clover to any business owner. We tested it out for about a month and are not able to access reports that we need - they disappeared with no notice - and the customer service is horrific. They just keep sending me links to their website, but not helping get the reports. And they are really rude. The reason we decided against Clover is because every little thing you need as a business owner is additional money - to get it to talk to any of your accounting software, to have a mailing list, etc.- and it just doesn't do what you need. You can't have tax included in your price, only add on to it. You can't give a 100% discount on a ticket without it charging tax on the original cost (who charges tax on $0.00?). The iPhone app to see reporting for what's happening when you're away from your business is incredibly clunky. Overall it's a terrible user experience. There are loads of better options out there.

Honestly, we really didn't like anything about Clover from the start - we hoped we would get used to it + like it, but it's pretty terrible.

Inability to include tax with the price, poor UX on the mobile dashboard app, terrible customer service, third-party apps to connect to accounting software are expensive and don't always deliver, high price for low value.

Karen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clover is Cumbersome and You Need Third Party Paid Apps to do Basic Functionality

Bewertet am 27.7.2021

Want to have a seamless point of sale software and this was not it. The approval process was difficult and extensive just to find out they are out of stock of their hardware so I am charged the manual entry rate versus the keyed in rate even thought they are out of stock of Clover Go until and undetermined time.

I like the Clover Gos swipe and cost per transaction option but it is out of stock for months. I like the dashboard.

Wanted to import products from another system and tried to match the template provided by Clover to import and never got it in. Plus size of file is limited to 10MB which for the effort I could have keyed in the few items quickly to get to the file limit size. Customer support was painful to interact with and not helpful.

Stripe

Square Point of Sale

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

because of the swiping capability which does not exist on Stripe
Nakesha
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Definately Worth It

Bewertet am 27.5.2020

Fewer people are using cash which means there has to be a way to process credit cards. I was able to accept credit card and deposit it directly into my savings account.

I was not initially interested in using credit card for my small practice but I mus admit it made life easier. It was easy to set up and customer service was very helpful. Even if the card is not present you are easily able to process payment.

It was super easy to use. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to save credit card access for future use.

PayPal

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

I wanted easy access to my cash, fee was reasonable and being able to have an actual card swipe.
Steven
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

My Take on Clover

Bewertet am 24.10.2023

My overall experience with Clover is very nice and pleasant because I do enjoy using Clover and I am grateful for Clover as part of my life today,

I do enjoy and I am grateful for Clover. I do because Clover is a nice way to get points and it is a reward system when you go get points, check in, and get deals/promos with restaurants and cafes. I like when you can get the ability to order and pay for your food and drinks.

I wish for some restaurants to expand and be open to Clover for nice deals, promos, and rewards to give back to customers for sure since at the end of the day, support is the key for support.

Amanda
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Do not use Clover if you own a salon/spa/massage business ! Absolutely awful

Bewertet am 19.12.2023

I can not believe the absolute horrible customer service. No call backs, no answers, no help what so ever! I can't use the program in the most critical time of business. (right before Christmas) I am just blown away at how awful and time consuming this has become. It is literally slowly destroying my business.

When we first contacted clover we had two specialists. Both of which helped set everything up in a super easy process.

After about 4 months, both of the people that we had contact with either left, or were fired. We have not received any help from customer service since.

Booker und Mindbody

Warum Clover gewählt wurde

Credit Card Processing fees were way too high. We needed a program that would allow us to bump those fees on to the consumer.

MassageBook

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

We liked the way the program and system looked on paper. Not having any idea that we were going to fall in to so many issues. Credit card fees are not being applied, gift card application is not working, website integration is awful, and no help from anyone to resolve these issues.
David
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

An out of the box solution that works well for small business

Bewertet am 31.3.2018

Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!

I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores. Each store has three registers and we were able to link the three to the main server to aggregate totals for each store. Sales increased and customer satisfaction went up as well. Clover has a host of apps to integrate including inventory management, time and attendance, markdowns, and a customer loyalty program which was a hit with our customers. The Clover system is truly a remarkable POS for the price of entry. The sleek modern look keeps the cash wrap looking clean and updated. The Digital receipt and signature has cut down on paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to create less stress on the environment. Overall this is a simple and powerful solution that powers millions in annual retail sales for the organization.

The one setback is the operating system is Android. I find Android to be clunky and prone to security threats. We had to ensure we had it on a secure network and well protected by firewalls. Additionally it took some time to learn the system. Disclaimer- we operated on a complete iOS ecosystem until we bright on Clover. So not a big setback just more learning.

Mark
  • Branche: Internet

Business Owner

Bewertet am 7.2.2024

Terrible experience. Zero help from anyone. Just to cancel was an act of congress. If I could avoid a company, in any business, doing anything, I would avoid Clover.

Nothing. Unless you like add-on fees that you don't get from other processors, avoid Clover.

Never ending erroneous fees. Zero help from customer service to explain and/or dispute. Customer service spoke with broken English and NEVER helped a situation. Clover called something "Quarterly PCI charge" and would charge whenever, bi-monthly. They just drafted the money when they wanted. Deal breaker was they came up with a "Security Bundle Fee" of $299. No one at customer service could explain what it was and there was not getting out of it. I cancelled account and after account was closed, they still drafted the following month. Clover is the worst processing company.

Sylvia

Clover Pos

Bewertet am 24.2.2017

From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with the small screen. To increase quantity you have to go to another screen and then back again, more time, If one person does a price check by entering an item because a customer wants the total with tax, even though you delete the item, or clear open order, if a second sales person then logs in to check someone out the order still reads with the first person doing the sale even though they logged out. From the dashboard side, no ability to print many things such as transfer slips from HQ to the other 3 stores, once it is transferred it is on the screen until the store accepts the item in, after that the info is gone, and you cannot access for questions, etc. the lack of alphabetical order on many functions, the tax functions, if you use different tax rate for each of our 3 taxing authorities, as we did (and would prefer) say you have 10,000. in sales, 3 tax rates, when they are done separately the total income would then become 30,000.00, so many of the reports are not accurate as they read.

clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

to get even what I would consider basic functions, purchase more apps that would raise the monthly cost out of reach, sometimes the apps will show different figures, when creating an item, for our multistore setting, I can create for all 4 locations at once, with name, label, category, cost, price, but the tax rate, I have to go into a different screen for each location and fix all tax rates, very time consuming

Scott
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Clover POS is NOT for retail

Bewertet am 2.6.2017

We own a boutique where we also offer screen printing and embroidery. The clover system was sold to us as full POS system. Not the case at all. We were all excited to get started with it. It looked modern, cool, and expectations were high. When we tried to ring up our first printing order of more than 100 pieces we found our first issue. The system will not allow sales of items with a quantity of more than 100. Not a good thing when we routinely sale t-shirt orders of more than 100 shirts. We either had to make up multiple skus, which made a receipt look terribly unprofessional or make an invoice on word. Then I wanted to run a report on inventory value. Not possible. You can export a report to excel but good luck with that. My wife and I have both called customer support. We were both told that when enough people complained about the same issue, they may look into a fix. Until then, nothing would change. This was after going through multiple customer service reps who didn't even understand what I was asking for help with. When asked if we could return the 2 POS systems we bought we were literally told "they're yours, you bought them, do what you want with them, you could try selling them on ebay". Needless to say, at this point, POS and Clover have a whole new meaning for us. Definitely not "Point of Sale" or "Lucky Clover". We're currently looking for another option, over a lot of frustration later.

It looks nice, fairly easy to use. It's really hard for me to think of much good to say about it. When a POS won't run and inventory value report with totals and won't ring up items with quantities over 100, it's hard to find the Pros.

Won't process quantities over 100. Customer service is horrible. Can't run an inventory value report. Customer service is not knowledgeable at all. Seems anything you need is an add on app that cost you more. Did I say Customer service is horrible...

Phil
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Could be incredible, but appears to be more geared toward restaurants instead of retail

Bewertet am 17.6.2022

It's been okay. When something goes wrong, there can be a lot of runaround from different techs. There is a support number that we have to contact for technical issues, a different one for banking issues, and a third for issues with certain settings within the system. It would be helpful if there was one tech support contact instead of three. The main tech support doesn't usually seem to be very knowledgeable, and have to reach out to a specialist to figure out how to help most of the time.

Clover itself wouldn't be much more than a payment processing system if it wasn't for the many apps that you can add to make it work for your business. The catch is, most of the add on apps cost a monthly fee. The option to have these apps make Clover incredibly customizable to fit exactly what you need for your store. Overall, we still saved money switching to Clover from our previous company.

The software seems to be geared more toward the restaurant industry. When we got it, we did so because it was supposed to be for all retail. We likely would not have gone this route if we had known what we do now, but we have made it work for a retail setting with the help of certain apps.

Francesco

A No-brainer to be your perfect POS

Bewertet am 6.7.2022

The experience has been easy and helpful. Honestly compared to my last POS my overall stress levels have declined by 99%

Easy to set up and use, inventory management works very wells

Wish it integrated better with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify & Magento

Square Point of Sale

Warum Clover gewählt wurde

Was outdated; updates no longer supported

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clover

Better credit card processing fees
NICHOLE
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and a lot of features

Bewertet am 18.5.2021

My overall experience has been good with Clover. They do have a lot of features we love like invoicing clients directly to their email (it does not track your invoices but it has a pay now button where your client can free type their own information and their payment info is directly emailed to the main user). I also like the modern look of the equipment. I wish the banks and clover had a more direct with each other relationship instead of putting me in the middle.

I like the ease of using Clover. Our office has a clover mini that we pass back and forth to the client and we use the virtual terminal for clients who wish to pay over the phone for their telehealth services. Clover also has an invoicing feature that has helped us greatly during this pandemic.

The machines are costly and because we are on a contract changing your system as your business changes are not easily done. I am not sure if part of this is my bank but I am currently paying for a clover mini I am unable to transfer or switch. The communication between the bank and clover seems to be convoluted. I would make sure you choose a system that has the opportunity to change before 2 years.

Deborah
  • Branche: Möbel

Clover Nightmare!!!!!!!

Bewertet am 8.9.2022

We used Clover for over a year at our 70+ year established furniture store. We contacted them over a year ago to cancel our services as we were opting to go with another provider and did. We filed all the requested paperwork to end services with Clover in 2021. HOWEVER, they continued to bill us for a service we NO LONGER utilized and when we confronted them about the issue of billing after CANCELATION, they denied getting paperwork and refused to refund ANY monies. (OVER $2k). The form provided by them and the instructions for resending it had changed and when confronted they denied that also. DISGUSTING BUSINESS PRACTICES! DO NOT USE THEM!

The software wasn't the problem. The software was great.

No complaints about software. The software worked great. However this isn't the ONLY part of running a good and reputable company!

• Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Clover is the lead merchant in 2021

Bewertet am 22.4.2021

I have had an incredibly positive experience with Clover. I have even called their support system before and the representatives were friendly and efficient. I spoke to a live representative rather quickly who was informed and able to help me. I would give this product a 10/10 easily.

I love the tap feature. During covid, our dental office has tried to take every precaution to limit the spread of covid-19. Clover has a tap feature so that our staff does not have to handle patient's credit cards which limits exposure. Many major debit and credit cards have this feature and users just do not know! Look for the symbol that has 4 lines on your card and try it sometime! It is very fast and effective! We are also able to email or text a receipt (in addition to printing) so that there is less "touching" and passing involved.

There is truly nothing that I dislike about this software. If I was forced to answer this question, maybe I could say that the swipe option sometimes needs to be run more than once because it does not read the swipe on the first try; however, 99% of cards use the chip insertion feature anyway!

Hunter
  • Branche: Restaurants

My review

Bewertet am 7.4.2023

It’s neutral not too bad not too good

It’s neutral not too bad not too good

I like the analytics part and how easy it is to learn

The online ordering sucks u can’t cancel order placed from printing out / reschedule them

Square Point of Sale und Toast POS

All we knew
Raegan
  • Branche: Bau

Beware of Clover

Bewertet am 29.9.2023

We were switched over forcibly from Payeezy to Clover with little to no heads up. We literally walked into the office one day and couldn't access Payeezy. Not that Payeezy was that great either, but I could always rely on them to get our deposits. With Clover, they seem to think the depositing part of credit card payments is optional. Every time I call their customer service I end up speaking with 3+ people because no one knows what they are doing. It doesn't matter if you have a case open, they still can't figure out the right people to help you. Not that any of them can.

Nothing, this is the worst product I have ever worked with. We were with them for two weeks and they shorted us nearly $4,000 in deposits.

The customer service continues to give us the run around and I am usually on the phone with them for no less than an hour each time. The customer service is CARELESS and do not pay attention to details. We were shorted over $500 in our FIRST BATCH we ever ran with them. Then we were shorted $3300 on the another batch a week later. Their customer service follows-up but they follow up with the wrong details and don't see why not received this deposit is impactful. After less than TWO WEEKS with their service, I found another credit card processing company and switched over.

Dayna
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Two thumbs up for Clover

Bewertet am 26.10.2019

I have very much enjoyed learning to use the Clover products. I would recommend these products for anyone.

Clover payment processing software is very easy to use. Our school takes payments daily with the desktop CloverMini, the easily portable CloverFlex and CloverGo. It is very easy to print out a combined report with the total that will be deposited, yet showing who ran the individual payments. You can also add notes to your transactions and email right from every machine. Super helpful!

Setting permissions for each person that uses the machines has been a challenge. There doesn't seem to be a manual for the set up, however, our CC service team is amazing and very knowledgeable. The only other thing that bothers me is that you can not void a transaction. Even if you void a transaction immediately, it still goes through and then refunds a day later.

Phillip
  • Branche: Automotive

Things untold !

Bewertet am 4.5.2021

All sweet talk and proper verbiage of a slimy sales guy to get you onboard. Talk about all the proper prices and how they will beat every competition. I had used they guys close to 2 years. Long story short, story untold to you is even if you own the machine outright , you can't resell it to another person or business as this will take out another possible chance of them selling the machine. If you ever choose to leave this company , beware of an instant charge of over 500 bucks. I was on a month by month basis and only needed to pay fees per month as per what my sales had told me. I had only stumbled onto all this information because I am starting a second business. But because the business is different and the bank account is different. I cannot use this machine. So now I have a 1300.00 machine sitting around and doing nothing. the icing on the cake was the undisclosed closing fee. No sales guy will ever tell a person its there, but it will be on the documents. I can say the machine is great but I'm not. The people and policy of this company will make me forever to tell everyone to stay away !!

it was like any other machine out there.

software was fine, its a brand new machine.

Non existent customer service

Bewertet am 28.11.2023

Horrid experience. In this day and age we have to suffer such incompetence for a high price. Numerous calls no resolution. Agents will not escalate calls. Different department different function wash responsibility from each other between technical, leasing and cs. I cannot emphasize enough how terrible this experience was/is. Continuing battle to get hold of someone.

Square is the way to go! Set up in one day. Customer service agents able and willing to help. So much support for success of small businesses.

Clover will keep debiting your account even if deactivated then no one to fix the problem.

I have nothing good to say. Worst experience.

Everything but especially sales, customer service