Hotjar

Gewinne über die Website und mobile Analysen Erkenntnisse und Feedback.

Sortieren nach

Brent
Brent
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome for user recordings and heat-maps

Bewertet am 18.2.2020

The tool is really helpful to better understand your user's experience.

The tool is really helpful to better understand your user's experience.

The insights we got from Hotjar were instantly used by our team. We understood our user's journey and pain points better after reviewing the heatmaps and screen recordings.

It's fairly expensive. We operate 16 different websites and we only have Hotjar setup on one of the brands because of the cost.

Hey Brent

So happy to hear that you found instant value with Hotjar and that it helped you to understand the user's journey better. You are right - once you know the pain points, you can address them a lot easier!

With regards to pricing, perhaps it might be better for you to be on a plan that caters for more than 1 site? Do you want to email support@hotjar.com or submit your query here> https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000665794&pricingagencies and we can see if we can help suggest a better option for you?

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much again for your kind review.

Bee @ Hotjar

Nathan
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great tool for visitor tracking

Bewertet am 3.12.2020

Overall, easy to use and start collecting data. I'd use it again if I ever changed companies.

Very easy to set up tracking code, create heat maps, and start visit recordings. The analytics are easy to understand (clicks, cursor movements, and scrolling).

There's really not much to complain about. It is a bit of a pain to constantly restart recordings or create a new heatmap, but Hotjar has recently announced that recordings will now be continuous. A big improvement!

Crazy Egg

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hotjar

Between price and features, I determined that Hotjar had better value for what we were looking for.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Good heatmap and user click tracking

Bewertet am 12.3.2020

Overall, it provides valuable heatmap and users interaction tracking so we can optimized SEO. It stil is a little creepy though

It does what it is supposed to do. It shows where users are clicking on your site and gives good detailed information on how users interact with your site.

It is a little creepy and any active tracking makes the site a little slower. Some users feel their privacy is violated and report it.

Hey there,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it!
We're glad to hear you're getting useful insights from Hotjar.
Just wanting to follow up your feedback about Hotjar 'being creepy' and your users feeling their privacy is being violated. While we can't give you legal advice, we recommend telling your users what Hotjar data is really meant for, which is improving their site experience through understanding how they use it anonymously. We've got some recommendations on what to include in your privacy policy here: https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038347874-Sample-Wording-for-Your-Privacy-Policy

If you're having trouble with site speed we recommend checking out this resource about how the Hotjar script works. Feel free to reach out to us via the support link on that page if we can be of help! https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009335727-Will-Hotjar-Slow-Down-My-Site-

Best,
Denis from Hotjar

Ville
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Good software for creating surveys and monitoring customer satisfaction

Bewertet am 9.10.2022

My overall experience is good. Hotjar really helped in following customer satisfaction and creating surveys.

Hotjar was great for our company because it was simple to integrate into our user platform. This made it easy for customers to give feedback on our services whenever they wanted to. In addition, it was an excellent tool for creating surveys.

At first, Hotjar was not that easy to use. I took time to learn how to use the software. Furthermore, it lacks some features for the creation and design of surveys.

Google Forms und SurveyMonkey

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hotjar

Because it could be easily integrated into our platform.
Aris
Aris
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Best Analytics Software

Bewertet am 12.1.2021

We use hotjar as a "testing" tool. We test our users and make the necessary changes to increase our sales. We monitor our user's actions, we learn and understand what people don't like, don't understand, what confuses them, what makes them leave, what they like and prefer and we adjust the interface, the products, the banners, the layout. It's cool!

We love the funnel feature where I can setup funnels to track the conversions and drop-offs. Our whole business is based on sales funnels and Hotjar makes it very very easy to track users through our pages. The fact that we can later watch in a video our users activity is priceless. Device splitting is very useful because we can monitor all user's movement and make the proper changes.

I've got nothing to comment here. Their free plan is very good and we know that many of our customers don't upgrade to paid plans because of that. The only thing I want to suggest users with shared hosting, if they have high traffic website, it may slow down the page load and it would be nice to upgrade to bigger server.

Lucas
Lucas
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Freemium level features offer great visitor insights

Bewertet am 27.4.2020

My primary use of HotJar is the click tracking and scroll depth features. I'll occasionally use the visitor recording feature. These reports alone provide invaluable information for my web clients to get an idea of how effective their sites are in generating conversions. The surprise benefits of the click tracking is that we can see where people are clicking on spots that are not actually intended to be and I can adjust the UI design to downplay those areas to create a better user experience. The scroll depth gives me a better handle on what important information is not being reached by visitors and helps me decide how to best move that information further up the page stack to ensure that visitors see what we need them to see.

Easy to deploy tracking script to sites
Async loading doesn't impact user experience
Reports are easy to read and can be shared with clients
Free tier provides more-than-adequate reporting for most small businesses

I can't actually say anything bad about the pricing structure, the admin panel, or the product quality they deliver. If you're a small business looking to get insights about your visitors' habits, this is an awesome free tool.

Hi Lucas,

Thanks very much for the comprehensive review.

It's great to hear that you find Hotjar easy-to-use and you're getting valuable insights about your visitors' habits.

I'd like to offer you a small thank you from Hotjar for taking the time to review our software - please reach out to me at mike.cullen@hotjar.com.

Mike from Hotjar

Noemí
Noemí
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

One of the best

Bewertet am 12.12.2022

Perfect for understanding how visitors are interacting with your website in real-time. You can see what pages they visit, where they click, and even record their mouse movements. Invaluable insights for improving the user experience and increase the CR.

There no intrinsic con to the platform but time itself. Time to analyze all the data and insights that you could extract. Usually we over estimate the time dedicated and the efforts that we will put in tools like this one. So, usually they went under-used.

Google Analytics 360, Smartlook, Mouseflow und VWO Insights

Zuvor genutzte Software

VWO Insights
Laurentiu
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

By far, the best tool of this type!

Bewertet am 24.11.2023

Hotjar has been an important tool for our start-up, to user test different features on our website and monitor them.

I've been using Hotjar for months and it's been a critical tool in finding important bugs on our website and fixing them quickly!

Perhaps the price model isn't something that favours start-ups.

Isaiah
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

The Hotjar review

Bewertet am 4.11.2023

It has been awesome as i have been able to collect feedback and improve my department in my company.

It enables me to check analytics of the surveys i put up thereby enabling me to collect feedback on areas that i feel need changes

Their customer support is slow and takes a long time to respond to customers

Marco
  • Branche: Restaurants
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing tool for website strategy

Bewertet am 28.11.2023

Overall, the experience with the software was positive. Although it is a bit complex to use, it has excellent features.

It was the best tool I've ever used to study the behavior of website users. It allows you to obtain incredible insights for the strategic management of websites.

It is not very easy to use or configure. In terms of learning, it requires some time.

Robert

Revenue First not Customer First Driven Company

Bewertet am 30.11.2020

The support team and user interface of Hotjar are first in class. Over the last 5 years I have seen the product grow to become an industry leader. It is easy to implement and execute on the insights gained with Hotjar. I used full hearty recommended this product to everyone I have met.

On November 25th, their pricing policy update also impacted us legacy account holders. It used to be that you paid per Organization. Ie if your Organization had 4 sites you would be pay for 1 account. Also if you were a old customer you maintained your original terms. However with the move to Billing v2, it is now changed to per site and new terms. What does this mean, a minimum price increase of 400%. Example old rate of 9 EUR for Plus was applicable to all sites within that organization, if that organization only had 1 site then 9 EUR, now it is 39 EUR. Obviously the more sites / higher the tier upgrade you have the higher price increase.

Unfortunately this is not a pricing policy I can endorse and hence want to make it very clear that I no longer support Hotjar. It is an abusive pricing policy change.

While the pricing is a matter of perspective, I do believe Hotjar still provides great value, it unfortunately shows a change in attitude towards their customer based who have helped develop all their years. Today it might just be pricing, but what is next? No more customer support similarly to how Facebook does it.

Eliel

Almost a Must

Bewertet am 7.7.2020

Almost perfect, found some bugs while using it, but always had a good response from the customer team.

Hotjar is a tool that almost every optimizer or ux designer should use, no doubts. Is easy to use, cheap, and besides the famous heatmaps it has a lot of other functions like polls or user recordings.
Also, the sharing function is great as you can share results with members of your organization that dont have an account.

Lacks some integrations with other tools. For example with Google Analytics, a very useful function would be showing the Events on the heatmap.

Crazy Egg

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Hotjar

Hotjar has more functions.

Hi Eliel,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar.

It's great to hear that you have had such a positive experience using Hotjar and dealing with our team.

A Google Analytics integration is something we're working on but it will take some time before it's available. In the meantime, we have recently launched a Google Optimize integration that you might want to check out: https://www.hotjar.com/updates/en/hotjar-x-google-optimize-compare-user-behavior-in-your-experiment-variants-

I'd like to send you a small thank-you for your review. If you get in touch at mike.cullen@hotjar.com, I'll let you know the details.

Thanks,

• Branche: Immobilien

Sheer brilliance at work

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

It is an amazing thing to watch the recordings of the user's that Hotjar captures and consolidates.

- Can actually record user's sessions and accurately identify the same user who is using the site/app after a certain duration
- The dashboard is seamless.
- Allows categorization based on events and tags.

- Sometimes, when trying to hide the private information of a customer, it went overboard and aggressively hid a lot of information which was part of the app itself and not the customer's data. This led us to not have an accurate depiction of the app state for the customer.

Mixpanel

Antwort von Hotjar

Hey there, thanks for the review!

Super to hear you're getting a lot of value from Hotjar :)

Following up your feedback on suppressing page elements... have you already checked this resource on suppression? https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012439167-How-to-Suppress-Elements-and-Images-from-Data

Hope that's helpful - it shouldn't be the case that the stuff you want to be able to see gets suppressed as well. If we can help please let us know! The team is available at support@hotjar.com.

Thanks again,
Alex from the Hotjar team

Liam

I was a longtime Hotjar using before switching to Microsoft Clarity

Bewertet am 11.8.2023

Hotjar was the first of its kind for me, opened up new doors and enabled me to gather data I couldn't previously get. I used it religiously on every single website I setup for clients and even personal websites, it was the best tool I found.

Microsoft Clarity came along, offering the same features, for free. I wanted to stay with Hotjar as they'd always worked to improve their tool and the team were brilliant if I ever needed anything or had any questions but ultimately there wasn't much to differentiate Hotjar and Clarity so I decided the cost wasn't worth it for me.

Microsoft Clarity
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

If you need help understanding your users, this is the app!

Bewertet am 20.2.2020

I LOVE IT! Helped us find how users are looking at our website and what they find important. Super useful too.

Detailed heat maps and scroll maps that allow us to know what is working and what users are focusing on on our website. I also love the ability to view recordings and segment them by UTM. Makes it easier for us to see what's working and not working per marketing channel as well as how to fix inherent UX issues.

I wish they made heat maps that segment by marketing channel like Crazy Egg. We have both and it's kinda a lot of money for both. I also dislike how it's hard to get iframes to be seen in recordings and remove HTML elements that we don't want to see in maps such as cookie banners.

Hi there anon!

Thank you so much for your kind words and your lovely review. So happy to see you are loving HJ generally and that it is helping you to fix issues for UX. This is great news!

Heatmaps = segment by marketing channel. This would be great (i.e. If you could segment by referral/UTM URL you mean?). Likewise on your idea regarding removing HTML elements, very valid. I will put your ideas to the product team.

Thanks again for your kind words and please do feel free to follow up with any issues or worries you might have via support@hotjar.com.

Kind regards
Bee @ Hotjar

Valentin
Valentin
  • Branche: E-Learning

Hotjar a good heatmap

Bewertet am 28.7.2020

I have made some heatmaps for my website show-my-homework. I used these heatmaps to improve the website for the readers.

Years ago I had a website (show-my-homework) that was taken from me with force. I am Romanian and in Romania no matter what you work, the authorities will force you to surrender your wealth and work to those that use the muscles and not the brain. I worked to this website for 5 years and 2 years I had on this website hotjar. Hotjar was saying to me who comes to my website, who reads my website, who wanted to learn, who clicks etc. Hotjar is very good and I love Hotjar for this.

To make a heatmap with hotjar you have to wait for 1 day. This is not good, but after 1 day you will have a very good heat map. I do not love hotjar because you have to pay good money if you use it for 2 weeks :)

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your website, but glad that you had a good experience using Hotjar to understand your users.

I'd like to send you a small thank-you from us for your review. You can reach me at mike.cullen@hotjar.com and I'll share the details.

Ben
  • Branche: Biotechnologie

Great UX Tool

Bewertet am 14.1.2020

We use HotJar to run UX tests on our site. We've used it a lot for testing out new buttons or new navigation features.

We love running heatmap tests of pages whenever we make changes to our website. We compare these tests to former versions that we've ran. Heatmaps offer amazing insight to where the user clicks, scrolls, or mouses over. This gives you a good idea on how the user interacts with your site.

Limited functionality unless you upgrade to the top tier account. We also aren't able to track our interactive experiences. I also wish the recordings had more filterable options so you could find specific experiences.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar.

We're happy to hear that you're getting a lot of value out of our Heatmaps tool.

Your feedback on plans, tracking of interactive experiences, and filtering of recordings is very helpful, too.

If you would like to provide more detail about what you would like to see improved, you can do so under 'Suggest a Feature' from within your Hotjar account.

If you reach out to me directly [mike.cullen@hotjar.com], I'd like to send you a little something as a thank you for your review.

Ahmed
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

This tool is simply extraordinary for providing excellent UX to visitors of website

Bewertet am 27.6.2022

Very easy to use and adopt the tool. Has many features that enable companies to provide better UX within a product page or website. The heatmaps feature and screen recording are a great way of understanding the pain points of the customers. This product is not really expensive which is another best thing. Collecting surveys from the users is another best thing to look at what people think of the website, which helps us tackle any issues that they have faced.

Setting up forms is not very straightforward although it does provide great value. The support team is not the best.

Shaun
Shaun
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Screen recording & heat maps made easy

Bewertet am 31.12.2019

My overall experience has been fantastic. The recordings are top quality and there are plenty of additional features and functions for those who want more. As someone that works in a marketing agency I also appreciate the fact I can house a number of clients underneath one login.

I would, and do, recommend Hotjar to anyone who needs screen recording software.

This software is SO easy to use. All you need to do is add their javascript code to your site and hit go. I love seeing the recordings of my users and I appreciate that Hotjar has an option where you can speed up the recordings so I can see more and they indicate every time there is a scroll or click.

There isn't really anything that I don't like about. I do with that it would integrate with Google Analytics so I can view only recordings that completed a conversion objective. At the moment it's hard to see which recordings are more valuable.

Antwort von Hotjar

Hey Shaun! Thanks so much! We're doing everything we can to make Hotjar as easy as possible. If you reach out to me [louis@hotjar.com], I'll send you a little something as a token of our appreciation. Louis

Jessie
Jessie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Essential app for web testing and user research

Bewertet am 8.8.2018

It's been crucial in giving us clarity in how people interact with our website, whether or not they're seeing essential pieces of content, and make design decisions based on that data.

We switched from CrazyEgg to Hotjar over a year ago, and haven't looked back. At the time, CrazyEgg didn't offer user videos (videos of people using our website) and Hotjar did, so we switched over.

What I love most about Hotjar is that it's not just providing insights about how our users click and scroll via heatmaps, but I can gather more qualitative data by setting up polls or video recordings as well.

The "share this heatmap" feature (where I can get a unique link to a heatmap that I can share with anyone on my team -- regardless of if they have access to Hotjar or not) is super handy as well. It helps me collaborate with our user researchers or send data to other teams (I sit on the web marketing team) when I find insights that they'd find valuable.

I wish I could have more flexibility with the design and branding of the polls. The few times I've added one to our website, it looks a little frankenstein-y in comparison to the rest of our design.

• Branche: Medizinische Geräte
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Way to Track Website Activity!

Bewertet am 28.6.2019

Overall great experience! Really helps us see the functionality of our website through the eyes of the user.

Kind of crazy there's a service that exists that literally captures video of the user's time on your website! It's like a video recording of each session. We can see exactly where the mouse goes, and which landing pages they're going to, and where they last are before leaving our site

Wish the recording gave us more info on the user. I know that's probably a violation of privacy, but it would be cool! That way we could reach out to them directly to see if they had any questions or needed help finding the right product

Amit

User friendly and affordable

Bewertet am 25.9.2020

I've been using it for years now, I love it, it's affordable and very easy to implement on multiple websites as well.

That it's simple and easy to use, implementation literally takes a minute. The great thing is that you have so many tools in one place, heatmaps, recordings, surveys and more.

Sometimes when you generate a heatmap of a long page, the screenshot preview gets cut in the middle and you can't really see data of the lower parts.

An Incredible Tool for Tracking User Behaviour on a Website

Bewertet am 26.9.2019

Overall, amazing experience! Recommended to anyone who is into website optimisation, SEO, and technology!

The best part about this tool is it lets you see what your users are doing after landing on your website. Tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics provides the best information on how you acquired the user but Hotjar shows you what the users are doing after coming through different channels!
Webmasters use this data to analyse and fix the issues on their website. The implementation is easy and you can start collecting data from day 1.

Considering the number of benefits it has, its pricing is on a bit on the higher side. Also, I have used the Russian Tool - Yandex Metrica which provides the same amount of information for free. But if you have the budget, definitely go for it!

Hey there,

Alex here from the Hotjar marketing team.

Really happy to hear you're getting a lot of value from Hotjar! Thank you for the review.

Jonny
Jonny

Powerful piece of kit

Bewertet am 8.12.2019

Very positive, would highly reccomend as a tool to improve site performance and to influence testing. Gives you key insights and analysis on the pain points of your site and can also add questionaire features which give invaluable information on how people find using your site.

Laden with features to help you better understand how users are interacting with your website to aid optimisations and CRO testing.

Against more expensive tools can feel like it lags behind in terms of UX, and the constant emails about trivial results can be tiresome to receive.

Hi Jonny,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us.

Great to hear Hotjar has helped you better understand how your users behave on your site and improve your site by doing so.

We are always working on improving our UX and are looking forward to some exciting updates in 2020. We are always open to suggestions for improvement, so if you haven't done so already, please submit a suggestion via your Hotjar account under 'Suggest a Feature'.

Best,
Denis from the Hotjar team

Carlos
Carlos

Hotjar - Heatmaps Software Review

Bewertet am 27.6.2019

I've used 3 heatmap software using my own server and cloud hosted, but Hotjar is the best by far. The one i used that is server hosted gets a warning from services like Google Ads and Google Tag Manager.

Heatmaps, user recordings and polls are very easy to set up once your code is installed. By the way i recommend you install the tracking code using Google Tag manager which has a tag ready for hotjar, you only need to input your ID. Heatmaps are very useful when it comes to understand user behaviour and user experience. Also this software does not generate any warning from advertising networks and is 100% compliant with GDPR.

It automatically does not track 100% of traffic (but i think you can set up to track 100% traffic). Also sometimes is hard to go to see your settings if you have multiple business (eg: if you are and agency and your setting up heatmaps for your clients).