CrashPlan

Sortieren nach

Aníbal
  • Branche: Alternative Streitbeilegung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

I keep in my cloud, I'm more secure

Bewertet am 25.8.2018

I have solved my problem of not having to saturate my PC anymore, I keep everything in the cloud since the old file was in the university until I used software that I no longer use

I feel safe with this software because there I keep all the information of my pc, they have the security that my files need all the data stored in Crashplan have internal backup that guarantee that in the event of a company failure they can always be recovered again .

This service is the best, it is for all types of users, both desktop operating systems and smartphones

Aviram
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

An Effective way to backup your Data on the Cloud and your local network

Bewertet am 7.1.2020

Overall Crashplan feels very solid and professional way to protect your data

I used Crashplan for almost 2 years, as a client to backup all my clients data on local servers. the menus are simple and yet complex and when the time comes and you need to recover your data the process is very simple and quite fast (depends of course what size of backup data files you have)

Does a lot of problems with Very old OS (windows XP for example) sadly as a company that have some very old software that don't work well on win7 and above the Crashplan didn't work good on them.

the Price is little bit high compare to other products in the market

Backblaze

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CrashPlan

Recommended by a colleague
Wayne
  • Branche: Druck
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

It's alright (as long as you're behind a normal firewall)

Bewertet am 12.3.2018

Easy of use and cost effective.

This software is easy to use and configure. I have recommended this software to others who are not tech savvy and they loved it. It's easy enough for them to "set and forget" and files recovery is as easy as selecting the folder/file you want to recover then process it.

Cross platform is a definite positive and we needed a solution that worked with MAC and Windows.

I have used this software for a few years installed on a MAC and a Windows machine. It was good until I upgraded to Sonicwall Gateway. With the latest firmware it seems as that CP on the MAC had a hard time bypassing the firewall security so I had to explicitly open all the required ports then it started running normally again. Months went by without any issues then problem with the MAC machine reappeared where it cannot connect to the CP server (meanwhile no configuration change was made to the firewall).

I have worked with both technical support from CP and Sonicwall, both have different ideas of what may be the problem. It's just odd that the MAC CP is having problems communicating out of the firewall while the Windows machine is fine. Further finetuning of the firewall will be required.

In conclusion, CP is a good reliable and cost effective backup solution providing that you are behind generic firewall. However, you may run into frustrating issues if you are behind advance security gateways like Sonicwall, Fortinet, etc. and it's not as low maintenance as one would expect it to be.

• Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Solid Backup Software for Orgs of A Certain Size

Bewertet am 11.9.2022

Crashplan was easy to setup and provided great customer service for a fair price.

Many of the features of Crashplan were aimed at enterprise clients, and the management portal was somewhat overwhelming for the needs of our small organization.

Carbonite
Manny

Great for the money

Bewertet am 5.2.2018

One of my favorite backup software, unfortunately, I might just have to shop around after they removed the family plan.

I loved this program, have been using it for over two years and I can't complain. It backs up your system entirely just in case.

Was very upset when they canceled their home plan. Backup should be simple to do. In one backup the system took 16gig of resources. Their backup schedule should be a simple setup. Backup files and then backup system image with files.

Brahm
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Used to be better

Bewertet am 22.4.2021

Crashplan used to be a better service before Code42 bought it and made changes. It used to just work in the back-ground more or less hassle free. Now it is another tech service that you need to manage. I would no longer recommend Crashplan and am moving to another service.

The interface is clean and intuitive. Data de-duplication seems to backup lots of files efficiently even if you re-organize your folder structures. Upload and download speeds are generally good.

Back-up used to run automatically, but changes to the app in 2020 made it so that the app constantly logs outs so that you have to enter your password and run a back-up manually or nothing is backed up. If you do run a back-up manually, sometimes the app will now log you out before your back-up has finished. Worse still, if you move or delete a large number of files in a short time the app treats your computer as a new device and starts charging you for two devices resulting in being charged double. This is hard to fix because customer support isn't very good.

Carbonite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CrashPlan

When I signed up Crashplan was very economical, has a free feature for backing up programs to your own devices, worked in the back ground consistently and reliably and was generally hassle free. None of that is true any more. I miss what Crashplan used to be.
Ken
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the best solutions we've chosen.

Bewertet am 2.3.2017

We had a backup solution in place for a number of years. We've finally decided that we needed a change. We spent time evaluating a number of different vendors. Eventually we decided on Code42 Crashplan. There support was great throughout the deployment and it is great with their continued support of their product.

Legal hold feature. Ability to lock down controls from administrator level and prevent users from not backing up. Ease of use for the client as well as the administrator console.

Night mode was removed from newer versions of the console.

Rex
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Fantastic Utility

Bewertet am 2.3.2017

Before starting with my current company I had not heard of Code 42 CrashPlan. I know of them now! They application is very easy to deploy and even easier to maintain. We deployed the application to over 150 field sales associates with little or no input or assistance from the help desk. The application is almost self maintaining. We have used the restore functionality on many occasions and have been successful in keeping our field sales associates technologically ready and current.

Ease of deployment
The support team

The movement from Cold Storage could use a little more work.

Michael
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Reliable and fast backup solution

Bewertet am 8.8.2017

Trustworthy backup solution. Having used code42's backup solutions for both business and personal backups for over 5 years, I can attest to their reliability and speed of backup.

Business plans allow one to access employee backups online, which saved us a ton of rework.

Personal plans also allow remote restoration, giving real peace of mind regarding the safety of personal files.

Sheree
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

CrashPlan By Code42 Provides Behind The Scenes Backup

Bewertet am 9.10.2018

CrashPlan solves my need to remember to do a full backup regularly. It also means that at any point in time if my hard drive fails I don't have to panic because restoring is easy.

Once CrashPlan is set up it runs continually, in the background, backing up as you work. I have not noticed any affect on my computer processing speed like I did with other backup software

Sometimes the backup on the second computer fails to connect.

Kathy
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

CrashPlan Gives Me Peace Of Mind

Bewertet am 22.10.2019

I really like CrashPlan. Most of the time, you wouldn't even know it was running ... it just does its thing! I think I have been using it for 10 or 12 years, and I have never felt the need to look for another application. I am disappointed that they no longer offer an option for personal use. I know that it says you can go with the business use option, even if you just do some freelance work with the computer you back up, but it is a little expensive for just a personal backup if the backup isn't that big. Overall though, I love CrashPlan, and recommend it to many people.

I have been using CrashPlan for many years. I used to use it for personal use, but now I use it for business use. Because I work remotely, I keep a large collection of our graphics/code files on my computer. I don't have access to a work server to keep them on, and I was always concerned about what would happen if I were robbed, or some sort of disaster happened to my home, that wiped out my computer and my local backups. CrashPlan gives me peace of mind, that my files are backed up somewhere safe.

I evaluated other products, before choosing CrashPlan, and for me, CrashPlan was the winner for a couple of reasons. The biggest reason, was that if I had a computer with a smaller hard drive, and had to work off of an external hard drive for some things, CrashPlan also backed up that external hard drive to their system, as long as it was plugged into my computer. Not all backup software will do this. I also love it, because it works well on my Mac, and isn't just targeted at PC users.

Sometimes the messages that you get about backups can be misleading. It will say that you have a certain amount set for backup, and sometimes it will be a number that seems really low. Every time I have looked into this with support, it has turned out that the correct amount WAS set for backup, but I believe the email went out mid backup, and therefore gave a misleading message. Sometimes that can be a little alarming, even though there was never a true issue.

The initial backup can be very slow ... like months, in my case! If I ever had to restore everything, I am sure it would take a crazy amount of time, so I would have to opt for the option where you pay to have a full hard drive mailed to you, which isn't cheap. Better than losing all your files though! That is why I also keep a local backup.

Joel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent backup tool, but dropping Home product will lose customers

Bewertet am 8.5.2018

This was the best and lowest cost backup tool on the market...when the Home product was available. In August of 2017 Code42 shifted away from Home and is focusing on enterprise and small business. The Home product was AMAZING. It backed up quickly, offered unlimited storage, and allowed you to backup multiple computers at the same time. Plus you could back up to other friend/family's computers to avoid having to pay for the service at all. This had everything a home user could want and at an amazing price. NOTHING came close. And I mean NOTHING!

Unfortunately, Code42 has left the Home market and is focusing on enterprise and small business. For those two segments, this is a great product, but I feel like dropping the Home market is a disservice to their existing Home user base. They should have allowed existing customers to continue forward with their Home product and Home product pricing. I get that they want to change their focus, but moving away will really hurt. That's a bad thing, but it speaks to the excellence of their Home product.

Full-Featured Backup Solution With Good AD Integration

Bewertet am 29.10.2018

We have been very satisfied with the backup capabilities of our CrashPlan implementation. We use CrashPlan for backing up the critical files of our employees. The CrashPlan administrative portal is fairly easy to use, and it has many great features. The biggest issue I've had in using their software is getting users to automatically disable when their account has been disabled in Active Directory; I've had the script working in the past, but every time we update, it seems to break the script and takes quite a bit of time to get it running again.

I like that you can get very granular about what you want to back up. You can select entire folders to backup, but you can also specify that certain file types should be ignored. You can even specify that certain files be ignored or included.

Using their built-in scripting for auto-disabling accounts when the related account is disabled in Active Directory has proven to be a pain. I've had it working before, but every time I upgrade the software, it seems to break that capability without actually changing the script.

Graham
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A simple endpoint backup solution

Bewertet am 3.10.2016

I have been using CrashPlan for over two years for about 30 of my customers. Aside from a few issues with memory usage for larger backup sets (issues that were quickly resolved with by a chat with support), I have had almost no problems. Backups run, complete, and restores always work.

The software's focus is on backing up endpoints, not servers. But it works fine with simple file servers and is a very inexpensive way to protect data. It's really a last resort backup for most of my clients - not something they depend on from day to day, but it's a great solution in case they end up with a hole in the ground for an office.

The setup process only takes a few minutes. Restores are relatively intuitive - just pick a date and then pick a file. Small restores can be done through a web interface. I have never had to do any large scale restores, but I can imagine that they would be difficult since there is no way to have a hard drive shipped to you - the restores have to be done over the internet through their software.

Inexpensive, remarkably reliable.

Tends to be a bit of a memory hog.

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Code42 CrashPlan; keep your data safe.

Bewertet am 25.2.2016

In higher education, students are reliant upon the ability for the faculty and staff to produce and support a quality product, which is their education. In order for this to happen on a consistent basis, the staff and faculty must be able to do their jobs. Data must be available all the time. But in the real world, the ongoing battle rages between those on the outside who have a desire to disrupt work with the motivation of making a profit at other's expense. There is also the battle of hardware failures, and user errors to name a few. There is so many ways to lose data, it's amazing we are able to accomplish anything at all. Enter Code42 CrashPlan. We started using this product several years ago. We started using this product several years ago. We were on a tape backup system that honesty was a poor excuse for data backup. From request to recovery was at least an 18-hour turnaround time. And recovery was a crap shoot at best. With Code42 CrashPlan, turn around is only limited by the amount of data being recovered. The more data to recover, the longer it takes to download. And 95% of the time, recovery is completed in 30 minutes or less. There have been times we were hit by ransomware viruses, but because of CrashPlan, the encrypted data was replaced in a matter of a few short hours. So we are extremely pleased with CrashPlan. We have it deployed to over 1000 machines including some servers. Training users was not a problem. The software uses very little resources which is always a plus.

Reliable backups, not dependent on platform. Peace of mind. Easy data recovery 24/7. It in your hands and in your control.

Not cheap, but well worth the expense.

Bob
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

CrashPlan Pro (Code42)

Bewertet am 9.2.2021

I've been using CrashPlan Pro, and now called Code42 for over 10 years and overall I really like how it works. I started with the On-Prem solution, and moved to the Code42 Cloud a few years ago. The Cloud product allowed me to do away with our in-house CrashPlan Pro servers and huge storage arrays.

Over 10 years ago, CrashPlan Pro came recommended by an IT friend. I've been using since then.

Overall, the ease of use for the end user is nice. However, the admin portal and all the intricate settings takes some time to get used to as well as tweaking of the settings.

Richard

Great backup software that is Fast, Secure, easy to use and Invisible to the user

Bewertet am 10.11.2017

Secure, Offsite Backup that is protected from ransomware. The services is extremely easy and they have great tech support for questions.

I like that it is always running in the background, backing up as people work and make changes to files. I feel secure knowing my data is encrypted and stored offsite. The software and portal are very easy to use. Customer service and Tech support are great too.

There is not much to not like with this software. It just works and does what it says it does. If you have older servers, they don't support Server 2003 so that could be a disappointment.

William
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Disappointed at the price increases.

Bewertet am 3.8.2018

Ok so I have been using this program for over 4 years now and still love it. Really helps to put my mind at ease. Just set it up and tell it what you want to backup and forget about it.

I hate the new backup engine. It takes so long and you can see the upload and download speed anymore in mbps, only time which is subjective and useless. I also hate the doubling of prices, its alot and I have been looking at what other options are out there but havent found anything even close to crashplan yet.

Heather
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great peace of mind for backing up your personal stuff.

Bewertet am 8.5.2018

Peace of mind that my important stuff gets backed up and I don't have to worry about doing it manually.

I use the business plan for my personal stuff (photos, docs, etc.). I like that it's offsite and backs up automatically. I get a simple email telling me if the backup was successful or not. I recently had to use their customer support and their instructions were PERFECT. Easy to understand for the average joe. Not at all what I expected from an IT company. Kudos!

Getting it setup initially was harder than it should have been considering their tech support was so amazing. Maybe it was just me... I was setting up on a new computer.

• Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Crashplan is making a significant progress.

Bewertet am 20.3.2020

I have deployed Crashplan to multiple companies as a secondary, offsite backup solution.

-Simple to setup and use.
-Very reliable.
-Easy restores.
-Unlimited retention.
-Fairly inexpensive.
-Server and desktop versions available.

-I feel the customer support is fairly lacking, but adequate if you are willing to wait a little bit.
-I have experienced a lot of issues with creating an account and/or updating the CC recently on their website.

Alan
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great for peace of mind and works when needed

Bewertet am 13.12.2018

Excellent

Knowing that if one of our users loses any data we can get it back, we don't need it often but it has definitely saved us a few times. We install it on all of our users computers and they don't even know it is there until they need it, it is lightweight and easy to use.

Support is also excellent.

There really is nothing I do not like about it, we have tried a few different backup solutions and this is by far the best.

Eitan
  • Branche: Internet

Good backup solution

Bewertet am 6.11.2016

After trying out 4 or 5 backup solutions, I've found CrashPlan to be the best of them. Good coverage, performance, and value for money.

Does what it's supposed to do, doesn't hog the machine, good versatile service for different situations.

As a developer I'm dealing with some special files it had problems with. Other than that it works great.

Eric
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Does exactly what it says and backs up the data you need securely in the cloud.

Bewertet am 21.5.2018

Once installed on the computer or server you would like backed up you never have to touch it again really. I've now installed this on 6 different machines in our business that I wanted to be backed up offsite and it works seamlessly and effortlessly. It runs in the background and has tons of settings in which you can modify how you want the backup to occur. You can choose which files, how often, when, how much bandwidth to use, how much CPU to use, and does it with ease.

I can't really come up with much of a con really. I use this as a company expense so that makes the price easier to swallow but I can still see this being useful for a single user at home as well.

Philip
  • Branche: Vermögensverwaltung

Good backup

Bewertet am 16.12.2019

A good product overall. Takes the worry out of safely backing up data. Easy to recover files from the backup.

-easy to use and learn
-simple and quick recovery of any files
-can backup external drives
-lots of storage
-constant automatic backup of data

-pricing has been increasing signifivantly over time
-uses a lot of system resources when it is backing up data

Tommy
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

One of the best backup software

Bewertet am 20.3.2016

Because your data is very valuable, you need to take care of how you handle it. You want to secure your computer, with password and encryption, but you also want to make sure you won't lose anything. Your computer may be under warranty but if the hard drive break, you will lose all your data. You may receive a virus, delete a file by mistake, or overwrite the wrong version of a document.

But, if you are not an IT pro, you don't have much options. Crashplan is so easy to use, that anyone can go on the website, purchase a subscription, and install the software, in minutes. If you manage your company, you can have a business account and manage your employee data, without any specific knowledge.

Finding an online backup software is easy, but one that you can leverage from a single user to thousand of user, from personal to a large corporation, Crashplan is one of the best.

Schedule
Versioning
Remote Recovery
End-User management
Bandwidth Management
Encryption
Easy-of-User

If you have to pay 120$ per computer per year, you may look at alternative that gives other features. Sometimes, Dropbox is enough.