Atera Bewertungen

All-in-One MSP Software für MSPs und IT-Support Unternehmen

4.5/5 (120 Bewertungen)
Joseph S.
Mit Google übersetzen

Good foundation, but the ticketing and reporting needs to mature

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall the Monitoring and Alerts work great and that's all we have fully implemented. The patch management and the remote management features do a great job. Hopefully the ticketing and reports will improve and we can start using them. For us, the parts we use are worth the price, but hopefully we can implement the other features. We haven't tested their integration with Webroot, since we had already standardized on Bitdefender. We also haven't tested their integrated backup solution since we have been using another product. We will be testing the backup to see how it performs, but cannot find any real reviews on it which has scared us away from it for now.

The monitoring part of Atera is great. It allows a lot of customization, snmp monitoring and per-customer settings. Setting custom thresholds is easy. The dashboard gives exactly what we need to monitor all our customers systems at a glance. The ability to create a custom installer for each client saves a lot of time populating all the devices to the correct client. The per technician pricing with unlimited devices was a big pro over the competition. The patch management does a good job overall and being able to powershell into a computer to restart services and run commands without interrupting a user helps a lot.

Reporting and ticketing definitely needs to mature. Reporting is very basic with almost no customization. You can create custom fields for devices, but there is no way to show them on any report. The ticketing is a very cumbersome process. Starting a ticket is easy, but if you try to edit one after the fact it forces you to create a new time entry email (yes email), that you must delete if you don't want to keep it. Then you can edit the original entry. Another big glitch, on the tickets there is a big description box to enter comments, but they do not show up on the time sheet/billing report or any other report. To get the technicians notes to show up for billing, you have to go back into the ticket and edit the individual time entry and type in a new description. The "comments" on the original ticket don't show up anywhere except by mousing-over the list of tickets - not on any reports. Only the separate description that you can only access by editing a ticket shows up anywhere. For us having to do so much extra manual work makes the ticketing/billing part pretty useless. It has a lot of potential, but still needs a lot of work. I'm hoping the ticketing and billing will improve, but for us the monitoring and alerting is really all we are able to make work for us right now. While the SplashTop works great, we are still using GoToAssist for remote support; since it gives a notes filed when a session ends that we can use for billing, until ticketing matures.

Hello, Joseph!

Thank you for the long and in-depth review, we really appreciate the time and thought people like you put into helping us develop our product!

Our Customer Success team will reach out to you, in order for us to better understand which features regarding reports and ticketing need improving, besides the comment implementation. Are there any specific reports that you would like to see become more granular and customizable? If so, how will it allow you to improve your services/save time on the daily tasks?

In regards to having ticket comments displayed on reports, some users might find this bothersome. We do, however, understand the need for such a feature, and agree on the possibility of having it enabled or disabled. Since we are community-driven, we highly encourage you to post your suggestions on our Features Board, and once it gets enough traction from the community, it will be tackled by our amazing dev team.

6.0/10
Aziz K.

Atera Review

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Atera allows us to have a Help Desk system, remote login capabilities, and inventory management all in one.

The amount of features for the price is hard to compete with.

The user interface isn't as simple and elegant as other more expensive alternatives. Searching for devices based on serial number still hasn't been implemented.

Kaine C.
Mit Google übersetzen

My experience with Atera has been pretty positive. Atera has become essential in our workplace.

Bewertet am 21.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

What I like about Atera is it's user friendly GUI, simplicity and overall performance.
Atera has plenty of features, especially at it's price point. Unlike other RMM's, Atera offers a base price, with an unlimited amount of devices. This is a huge pro, as it allows us to test certain things on specific devices before rolling everything out, without being charged a "per device" fee. It's also nice to have in general, as with the remote support integrations, it can be utilized to remotely access (via integrated Splashtop for FREE) specific machines as well, while still avoiding that "per device" fee.
The integrated ticking system is quite convenient as well. It saves from having to purchase third party software to handle similar tasks (which are required by most RMM's nowadays.)
Overall, my business currently relies on Atera for a multitude of tasks, which it performs very well at.

The only real con I have for Atera, is that it currently does not support the ability for a customer login account. This is kind of a downer for us, as some of our customers like to login to view their site/network (of course with limited access). To be able to do this currently requires the use of multiple technician licenses, which can get Very costly if multiple techs at multiple clients want to have access. That aside, the only other downside is that there's currently no integration with Bitdefender nor Cloudberry.

Steven W.

Atera, the one stop, low cost, go to, for all your IT Managed Services needs

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

When we started our IT Managed Services business, we had gone with another vendor for PSA, RMM, and Remote Support. After spending thousands of dollars and wasting untold hours doing configurations, we thought that there had to be a better way. That is when we found Atera! I only wish we would have found Atera sooner because we would have saved so much time and money. It is clear that Atera was built from the ground up, by people who understand what it's like to run an MSP. We setup the free trial, then had Atera up and running in literal MINUTES. Seriously, in minutes we had the entire thing configured, with our branding and email and automated ticketing responses. Also, the fact that you are not charged for every agent has been such a blessing to our clients because that means that, we are able to put agents onto systems that we otherwise would not have. So, even system that only get break fix support, can now have an agent on them, which allows us to remotely troubleshoot them. This fact alone saves tons of money and time!
Bottom line, if you are a new MSP or even a seasoned provider, you will get a tremendous value from choosing or switching to Atera. One last thing I will say. Since Atera recently moved the entire platform over a Microsoft Azure infrastructure, they have been pushes out updates and improvements a breakneck pace!

Low cost of entry and low monthly cost
No cost for per agent
VERY easy setup
VERY easy to use

Not as feature rich as some of the pricier competitors, but since moving to Microsoft Azure, they have been adding new features left and right!

Antwort von Atera

Thanks so much Steven! We truly appreciate your great feedback and are happy to say that we are continuing to make daily updates to make your experience even better!

Robert F.

Great value easy to use

Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I've used all of the major RMM tools and this is the best value for what I do. The support has been very good and they reach out to offer help regularly.

It's many features, price and support. The remote tool works and the file transfer.

It's a work in progress and the progress is going along rapidly.

Atera Review aftera few months of Use

Bewertet am 7.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Things have been great. I am a one man shop and even though I have been with Atera a few months now, I still consider myself an onboarding customer. I am no longer taking on new clients as my workload is full, but I do feel that once I am completely switched over, not only will I be more organized, but I will also be saving a lot of money that can be reinvested.

The obvious benefit is the pricing model for Atera. I can now add devices and then worry about the billing later as it is not by device. I also like the rate of updates, and the quick access to a live chat support during the day. All of the features I would need daily are there, task manager, service manager, event logs, etc....as well as some nice extras I haven't yet to configure but will soon, like the Help desk agent that provides endpoint chat to your customers with automatic ticket creation.

Some things are a little clunky and not as intuitive as they should be, or not yet a 'polished' module and needs some work. Some examples: the event logs are now full of atera service entries that drown out most useful items, they said there is a way to filter it out, but I have't found a way to stop just Atera entries.
Looking for software installed using the reports doesn't allow you generate all software on an endpoint, just where a specific piece of software is installed. Most MSPs (afaik) would prefer to see all software installed, as well as having the ability to look for software, so that they can locate bad things installed.
File transfer speed through Splashtop is very slow, but I have other remote tools that don't make this an issue for me. There is very little asset tracking for hardware or software installed as well. You also cannot view software installed on an offline device.

John S.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great product for the price

Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I do love the simplicity of Atera. The support has been great anytime I needed them. I use it all day long and it has become a very important aspect of my work that would be difficult to do without. The price is very accommodating.

I use this everyday. I went with Atera because the price and they use Splashtop. I have been using splashtop for a year prior. The setup was easy. I can connect with my iPad which is a plus for me. They are always introducing features and since they switch to the new azure fabric, I have had no issues.

I really wish they had a task list with each client. So when onsite I can add or complete those task. I use another software right now that does that. They had lots of issues prior to the move the Azure fabric but looks like that move has help the stability of the product. The ticket and billing system does not flow for me. Maybe one day it will.

Troy P.

Lightweight - Easy to Navigate - Decent integration

Bewertet am 17.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy management of hundreds of endpoints/customers.

Splashtop is a very lightweight and easy to deploy streamer. The RMM client is also very lightweight and resource light compared to others. Email Ticketing and portal ticketing work very well. Reports and metrics are very comprehensive and easy to generate. The recent addition of a chat client was a great move, and adds a few steps of fucntionality. REST API (See Cons)

Quickbooks integration is available but is finicky. No matter how much we work with them to get the few wrinkles ironed out, it never seems to improve (Class types not populating properly once imported to QB)

REST API is very powerful, until its not. There are a lot of options in the API, but there could definitely be more. They offer a community forum to request features, but any API requests seem to go unseen/unattenteded.

Josh W.
Mit Google übersetzen

Amazing features and disruptive pricing

Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The pricing was the biggest draw card for us. Making it an IT Tool not an added service we onsell to our clients. The API is helpful

There is no true app, we have written our own to make it easier for our techs to get data into the system

Neil T.
Mit Google übersetzen

A great PSA tool at a compelling price

Bewertet am 30.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Atera gives me the tools I need to provide remote monitoring and management of my client's IT. It's got a robust and easy-to-set-up NMS, excellent remote access tools and automation is straightforward and intuitive.
Initial setup was very easy and I can deploy the agent via an installer or Active Directory. There is an Agent for MacOS which actually works.
There's a nice little client database for me to track client configurations and notes.
There is a helpdesk system that I do not use at present as I have another combined helpdesk/ordering/billing system that I have used for some time.
Atera charge by the agent, not the node, meaning it is incredible value for money and it enables me to be ultra-competitive on pricing too where the situation calls for it.

I really like the system and it's really hard to knock it. For a PSA tool it's just what I need and it suits me very well.

Philip D.

Atera = More Sleep

Bewertet am 25.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My experience has been pretty good so far with Atera. It has definitely improved in the last few months as some major patches were released.

I love that I can have unlimited endpoints. Ease of use from phone, tablet, and computer. Reporting is great for the boss and the board to see how we are doing tech wise. Tech support is always getting involved and going above and beyond for my requests.

Splashtop is not always the most responsive. Lacking some automation that is provided by other companies such as Labtech and Kaseya. Does not integrate with trend micro.

Antwort von Atera

Thanks so much for your feedback, Philip! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us, and are using your feedback to make our system even better. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

Everton S.

Atera Review

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have not had to use their customer support as yet. I found the overall software quite user friendly and easy to use and i was able to get it setup, customized and deployed just by using their knowledge base articles. I also liked that i did not get a sales call the day after i signed up for the 30 day trial. I was able to take my time and play around with the solution and then they contacted me and offered me a walk through using my own setup so that the questions and answered were targeted to me rather than the general features and functionality pitch which i already read through on their website.

What i liked most about atera was that they included remote control software, a helpdesk ticketing system, patch management and Customer Management , plus more as part of their package with a single low cost fee licensed per technician rather than per device. This pricing model really made me take a good look at them and while there is still room for improvement the solution provided right now works very well for me and allows me to move away from the break/fix model and become more proactive with issues.

Coming from allows Corporate background i found their software inventory to not be up to what i was expecting. I am told this is being worked on and once delivered i may have to nit pick to find some cons

Shaun A.
Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to setup and always evolving in the right ways

Bewertet am 12.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Scaled up very fast with minimum overheads.

Easy to use, SAAS based, unlimited endpoints, great price, solid product with great support.
I have used labtech, kaseya with connectwise and Naverisk and no place I have worked at has ever utilised each of the products to their capacity, especially compared to the price.
No sense in having un-used features.

We have built our Atera instance "our way" to suit our method of doing business and it's amazing.
It covers everything we require and is still evolving, but that's part of the fun.

OSX support is additional.
"Select All" to apply script would be useful.
Billing / time recording could be more polished.

Mit Google übersetzen

Atera has a lot to offer.

Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: GetApp

Atera is the simplest backup, antivirus, Help Desk, and password organizer that I've ever used. It's so easy to use. Its very easy to put a system in Atera, add Webroot, and then back it up. The customers feature makes obtaining contacts, passwords, devices, and tickets as easy as possible.

Sometimes the website would crash and we'd have to wait for support to fix it. Other than that the cost was the biggest problem. We also had to move all our passwords manually, which took some time.

Craig S.
Mit Google übersetzen

Atera is the RMM/PSA tool I was looking for and couldn't find, but when I did it was amazing

Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The most important part of the Atera software experience is the 'single pane of glass' approach to your MSP business. Tickets, Device Information, Customer Contact, Backup and Reports are all in the same console. Other RMM/PSA tools offer connectivity between different API linked software, but with Atera is all in one place - Brilliant !

A custom reporting tool would be useful, given we can add bespoke fields to the DB it would be good to then create reports which pull these bespoke fields into a report of our choice. Other than this 'feature enhancement' there is little I don't like about Atera

Richard M.
Mit Google übersetzen

Atera Has Support figured Out!

Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My overall experience has been exceptional. I am a raving fan and recommend Atera frequently to colleagues in my peer group.

I have used several remote support and help desk applications over the years going all the way back to Tivia in the 1990's. Atera is easy to install, the remote access, reporting, and patch management superior and their customer support is hands down the best I have experience across any application.

Atera is the first app I load in the morning and the last I shut down at night.

I wish some of the reports had more html functionality

Martin M.

MSP Resources for the "Little" Guy

Bewertet am 26.11.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: GetApp

With over 25 years providing individual and SMB hardware, software, training, Internet, support as a the "Virtual IT Guy", the evolution of off premises services and support places the traditional "Break | Fix" IT support role at risk. First came the ease of remote access to client computers reducing the number of times an onsite visit was required to kill a print job or configure an email account or any traditional on site services. The Enterprise computing environment has had resources for remote connectivity and support for many years. Such has not been the case for individuals and SMB. If one considers RMM | PSA | billing functionality, it has always been device oriented resulting in costs exceeding SMB ability and willingness to pay. The redeeming and game changing aspect of ATERA is the pricing model by user as opposed to device. It is now possible to become an MSP with serious MSP Tools. It is now possible to continue to service clients as an MSP. Where I have envisioned days being numbered with respect to supporting clients, Atera now makes it possible to go head on head with the more traditional MSP service providers and come out on top

The biggest plus is the User versus Device billing model. It is a small, customer orientated company that easily responds to email and inquiry. I believe, if they can do something to help, they will. They are also listening to ideas and suggestions to help with the continuing evolution of ATERA.

A small, new company with whom one must be willing to grow services as they become available. It places one in a position of wanting some services NOW that will have to come later as the company continues to evolve.

Manny D.

New way for IT Support

Bewertet am 14.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are a small IT Support service provider. Growing our client base was always going to be a problem as access to quality trained IT Tech's are not always available.
Changing our business model from break-fix to Managed Support via Atera, allowed our business to grow without the huge overhead costs.
Our clients are impressed as we are able to predict risks to business without costly site visits.
Atera's service is great and product is very easy to use out the box.

Full training available

ATERA is the best RMM software I ever used

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 29.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I install and support POS software and needed a very easy to use software in order to monitor the equipment installed. I have more than 30 customers at this time, and ATERA always let me know what is going on with the systems and allowed me to remote control them if needed for assistance and also for tranining.

Easy to Use
Easy to Deploy
Very intuitive interface
All the features I needed

I can not think of any at this point, sincerely if you need a good RMM software that includes everything you could ever need to help and support your customers ATERA is the right one.

Antwort von Atera

Thanks so much for your great feedback, Erwin! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us. As always please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

Toby M.
Mit Google übersetzen

Undoubtably one of the easiest Cloud Based MSP solutions on the market.

Bewertet am 14.4.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: GetApp

We've swapped from SolarWinds N-Able and haven't looked back. There are some more advanced management features missing that some of other providers offer however in reality we rarely used them and when we did they were exceptionally complicated and usually it was just easier to remote into the machine and fix manually. Support from the Atera team has been great and there's been several updates to the system adding new features in three months we've been using it (specifically focusing on requests from the end users).

* Easy to install light weight Agent
* Quick Remote Support Tool
* Easy per Technician Pricing Structure with Unlimited Device Management
* Integrated Cloud Backup and Email Threat/Spam Protection
* Modern, Clean Cloud based User Interface and Dashboard
* Built-In Ticketing System integrates with supported Zapier apps for Accounting and Billing
* Ticketing System has time tracking built it.
* Audible Alerts on Device Failure
* Help Desk agent allows clients to submit tickets with key-combination (Screen shots are attached to the ticket)

* Lacks the advanced Remote Command Prompt other solutions provide.
* No Apple Mac Agent (Mac clients are monitored via SNMP)
* Mobile portal lacks some of the features of the full site.
* No Integrated AV (But has support to monitor third party AV)
* No Dedicated Mobile App (Though they focus heavily on their Mobile Portal)
* Would like more options to customization the branding

Jim K.
Mit Google übersetzen

So far so good, perfect for a small business, MSP or not!

Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It is allowing me to offer a more worldly service from a single end user set up.

More and more businesses are heading away from the triage/ break fix model for IT support. There is definitely room for a hybrid between this model and the managed services model in the market. The Atera software offers a very robust solution for smaller companies to offer this hybrid and to work smarter and not harder. The pricing is amazing and it allows the tool to be used for ALL clients to an extent with a more robust management option for the managed service clients.

I have used a few other agents for similar services. Some have been much more ingrained in the system and offer a bit more control and support of the system. Some of the patching interface seems a bit "clunky", but not unmanageable. To be fair, Atera does have a "suggestions" option, so I will be offering my input regularly on what would make it work better for me and businesses my size.

Mit Google übersetzen

A great tool for a IT support helpdesk

Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great toolbox to ensure reports and service to our customers. With Atera I have fully daily focus on task and demands from our customers

Atera will be perfect if it could intergrade with a time registration platform, HR management tool Time registration on-site, or on project planning. simple report define by users

7.0/10
Koen B.

atera is top

Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 3.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It gives us a very good overview of our clients. We can manage from a distance and without overtaking screen the most of our customers.
Updates etc are done in a minute.
Top and for a good price... Value for money!

the colour is not my taste ;) No realy it is great.

Stijn H.

Cloud based MSP All-in-one software

Bewertet am 17.11.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: GetApp

I've recommended companies that need helpdesk and monitoring software to look at Atera vs. traditional on premises solutions like Kaseya and connectwise. I always get great feedback from both the owners and the users about the ease of use and onboarding, and the value of pricing per user vs. pricing per device. And its truly 100% SaaS. The company is still small and does not have people on the ground in many countries, but does all the support remote and that seems to work well.

100% SaaS, price per technician, per month. No long term commitments. Combines fully integrated suite for :
1. Technical management of the SMB’s networks.
2. Relationship & Service Desk management between the MSP and the individual SMB.
3. Internal Business management of the MSP’s Business.
4. Remote Control/Support of Servers, Workstations and Networks.
5. Integrated Cloud Services

Relatively new company. Product has been out for 1+ year now. No local support, but all online out of Israel. Only SaaS pricing (cannot "buy out" complete license), but it's so much cheaper vs. competition that this is no real issue.

Devon M.
Mit Google übersetzen

The software is very user friendly and allows us to quickly work with customers.

Bewertet am 21.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This software allows us to assist our customers.

The Knowledge base is extremely user friendly and allows us to categorize many of our tech notes for regular use. The customer organization is great, and it allows us to quickly access machines. Customer support is usually very quick to respond and provides helpful tools to quickly implement changes. Adding in internet security is quick, easy, and fairly pain-free. The script system is quite nice as well.

The biggest issue is that occasionally the Splashtop remote access software on the end users machines hangs, and it will display the machine as offline when it is not. Because of this, you cannot even run a script to repair the Services.msc, which means we have to use teamviewer or splashtop sos in order to access the machine.
The KB is great, but finding and editing them can be a pain. If they made a way to edit the KB from within it, it would be much easier.