Front

Laurens
  • Branche: Unterhaltungselektronik
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Front, a must need in your business!

Bewertet am 27.6.2020

I strongly recommend using Front. Not only is the program / email-client very good, but the employees at Front are also equally capable. Through the e-mails they send and the experience I've had with their customer service, I noticed they really care about their program and what the consumer thinks of it. If you have any questions, they will answer it properly. If you have any suggestions, they will sincerely think about it.

Front has impacted my work, by making my work easily manageable. I can clearly see incoming e-mails being divided into different inboxes. Everyone can have different rights, so not everyone can see how cases are handled. Furthermore I can easily search my sent e-mails, even by using formula's such as ‘from:’ or ‘to:’, which makes searching older conversations or e-mails for bigger cases very easy. This can be very though in other e-mail clients.

I can conclude that my overall experience with Front is very good!

I like how everything is organized and therefore is easy to see. I can clearly see the divided inboxes on the left, making it easy to see how much work still needs to be done. Also, the e-mail conversations itself are shown like they are in e.g. iMessage or Whatsapp. This feels really familiar and makes it easy to read really long conversations.

Moreover, there are many settings, which can make the difference for various different users. For example, I use the 'Paste as text' setting, so everything I paste is stripped of its formatting. I know some of my colleagues dislike this, but I love it.

Furthermore, shortcuts are easy to learn and this makes it possible to work even faster.

Overall, I think Front feels very intuitive, it is easy to learn, and makes e-mailing a lot easier.

At the moment, there is but 1 thing I dislike. When you’ve just sent a new e-mail, it takes a while to show up in the ‘sent’ folder. We used to be able to see that immediately. Because of the way we work, we copy and paste the text of the sent e-mail in our other systems. This delay, especially when one sends many e-mails, is particularly annoying. This is the only minor thing I think can be improved.

Jessica
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Multiplayer email! Can't believe some people don't use this

Bewertet am 25.5.2020

Fantastic! We are a team of two, and one of us is the main visionary, the other is the one communicating with customers. We needed a quick and efficient way of having one person write an email, the other person check it and add notes, and both parties okaying it before sending. Also, with customer support, it's nice to be able to store responses I use a lot, and quickly modify them to suit the individual recipient. Front helps us in these two ways, primarily, and that makes it by far worth the money.

Being able to chat with coworkers about emails before they send. Being able to take over a draft someone else wrote, and send from my account, and share drafts with colleagues and have them edit, take them over, OR just give them back to me. Basically it's multiplayer mode for email. And I love the canned responses feature.

There are issues with the canned responses that make it not 100% efficient. Example: hard to filter canned responses other than by keyword in the title, not easy to make quick edits to them or replace an old one. Maybe because not everyone likes that feature other than me. But it still works and I have confidence it will improve in the future.

• Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Buggy and slow product, with lack of attention to detail

Bewertet am 6.5.2018

Ability to respond to and manage emails as a team.

Ability to respond to and manage emails as a team.

I can share and comment on threads with the rest of my team. As an admin, I also have granular control over users' access permissions to email inboxes.

The disregard the little details over and over again in favor of new updates. The app (iOS especially) makes me wait a lot of times when it shouldn't, making it feel slow in stark contrast to other mail apps. Things don't load instantly. Contacts aren't cached. Their UI designers blatantly disregard Android / iOS / Mac / web design conventions (which are there for a reason) in favor of their own convoluted system. Their release notes are boring and they make me update my app even when it's perfectly usable (this condescending attitude is particularly annoying). Many of these small glitches have actually led to catastrophic disasters within my team like unwittingly sending followup emails ("sequences") to 200+ recipients. My advice to them: focus on stabilizing your current, buggy product rather than trying to introduce a million features that don't work 100%.

Justin

Communication Between Departments and Easy Automation

Bewertet am 28.8.2020

Experience with Front App has been great. All the way from Pre-Sales, Implementation, Deployment, and ongoing support.

The ability to simply @mention someone in an email thread helped smooth out efficiency with our external communications.

Before using FrontApp, we would either have to forward email threads or link to email threads in Slack. Now, if our teams need assistance from other departments, they can use an @mention to give immediate context to the helping party.

Creating Rules using conditions is a breeze and is powerful using their rules editor.

Some of the "Comment" features were lacking--rich text formatting needed to be in markdown format, no pinned comments, closing edited comments. That being said, they had a recent update that completely addressed all those issues.

Zendesk Suite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Front

We really did not enjoy the "type over this line" experience that Zendesk presented to our customers. We're humans and we wanted to make sure that we could preserve that in our customer interactions. It also helped that the User Interface and set up of Front was intuitive.
John
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best email software I've used

Bewertet am 24.4.2020

It's revolutionised the way we run things.
For a company that interacted with 90% of it's...

It's revolutionised the way we run things.
For a company that interacted with 90% of it's customers on Etsy, it was always a bit of a chore when someone wanted to email. Now with front, I would say we're 80% emails and we encourage even our Etsy customers to email us directly.

It's simplifies complex processes, breaks down your work into digestible chunks. It's intuitive, straightforward and has lots of time saving tricks and tips.

There's a couple of features that would be really handy, that I've requested a couple of times .
For example, dragging and dropping a jpeg into an email, adds it as an inline image. I would like a preference to select to have all files - regardless of format, to be added as an attachment.
I'm also unable to change my Download Location in my preferences, it simply doesn't work when I try to change this. Granted, I haven't reported this yet and I'm sure they'd be very helpful in solving this.

Celeste
  • Branche: Immobilien

Front Is a Team-Saver

Bewertet am 6.5.2020

My team uses Front to save face. We can send and see emails from our team address in one place easily. When one team member is out sick, we can easily find that thread and pick up without missing a beat. I also love that we can share threads without showing the recipient all of our personal email addresses by using the chat function and the tagging function. This helps us keep all the incoming emails going into the preferred email channel since we don't have to share our personal address to prospects or clients.

I do not have a con that I can think of.

Calendly

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Front

We chose Front over Calendly because it solved our initial problem of scheduling, as well as another problem we didn't know we had — consistent communication.
Ollie
  • Branche: E-Learning

Vital Software

Bewertet am 29.4.2020

No more missed messages, lots of time saved by not having to jump into different channels. It was very simple to set up too (also tried Zendesk which was too complicated by comparison)

How it brings all the channels in to one place. No more jumping between Gmail tabs, Whatsapp Web tabs, SMS on a phone (!), Facebook messenger tab. It all comes into one place. Being able to link to conversations is very useful too, as is the option to share and comment on emails - no more CCing between team members.

Nothing I don't like, but more integrations (in particular monday.com) would be great.

Zendesk Suite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Front

It was far simpler to use, support got back to us right away (when Zendesk didn't) and did everything we wanted for a reasonable price.
Alexis

I love Front

Bewertet am 24.9.2022

I love Front and I never want to stop using it.

I love Front and I never want to stop using it.

I love being able to tag coworkers on emails instead of forwarding it to them.

I wish threads were more customizable... merging certain ones together that wouldn't necessary give you the option to merge normally.

Jamie
  • Branche: Eventservice

Great Software!

Bewertet am 18.1.2023

Using front has helped us massively to provide even better customer service. Being able to locate and assign emails to team members speeds up the process, and gives us a professional look.

The whole package front offer is fantastic. It's easy to use and set up. The rules allow us to assign certain emails to team members, send auto replies and move emails to other inboxes. The templates are great, this saves us time in writing the same type of emails.

The app lacks the Calendar feature, so if we're out and about, we're unable to check the calendar.

Madelin
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Front helps my company keep up with our work easily and efficiently.

Bewertet am 17.11.2017

My company is a call center, and we use Front to help organize and track our leads. Often our customer service department will take web chats, which are then viewed by sales through front. We really enjoy the ability to sort multiple inboxes, add tags as well as comments. We also have many users, so each representative can track the leads they have submitted, tagged or commented on.

We came to a point where our growth was too large for Front alone. We designed our own web application to work in tandem with front, because the reporting was not the easiest to use.

Rick
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Front - the email client that is so much more

Bewertet am 17.7.2020

Directors at our company claimed they were able to achieve ‘inbox zero’ for the first time ever using Front. The concept of assigning emails to people to action has replaced the need for a separate ticketing system.

It’s like UX designers at Apple decided to make an email client. But not just any email client. One that can beautifully handle all communication channels (SMS, Twitter, live chat). Then they thought through every. single. detail.
You’d think that would be enough. But someone there clearly said “let’s make this infinitely extensible through a rich integration ecosystem” - and then they did.
If you’re thinking it can’t be as good as it sounds, you need to try it. I can honestly say it’s the first email client I’m happy to use since Gmail introduced Inbox. Did I mention Front somehow managed to make Gmail and Slack have a lovechild? Yep - you can internally comment on emails. It’s paradigm-changing!

The calendar isn’t perfect but is handy in a pinch.
The contact feature is surprisingly lacking in functionality compared with the rest of the app.
The analytics reports could be more customisable.

Help Scout

Warum Front gewählt wurde

HubSpot was not up to the task. It doesn’t save email drafts, you can’t link to engagements, the rules functionality are crippled.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Front

Purely usability and functionality.
Shari
Shari
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

A Great Software to Communicate With Customers

Bewertet am 5.7.2022

I've used Zendesk for years, which is a really popular customer ticket support software, and this software is way better than it! The UI is already familiar as its set up like the main inbox to your Gmail or Outlook account and you can actually see when a customer has 'Seen' your message! The software has its own Desktop app unlike a lot of others, but I mostly use it through the web to sift through multiple tickets easily. A great benefit, as well, is how easily you can integrate other software into their plug in feature. So you can connect it with your business' Shopify, Salesforce, WhatsApp, Google drive and many many other apps! There's a comment section on each conversation that you can use to communicate with team members and because it's a true emailing software, you can CC and BCC other people on your customer's messages, if necessary. You can set a time limit for how long you have to cancel a sending response and you can create templates for canned responses/macros that you will have to use on a regular. It's a really great software and I wish I could use it for every email/ticket customer support role I'm ever in.

The only dislike I have is when I was first given access to it, I selected the option to log in with my work's Google account to make the process easier. I then realized that my work emails were actually coming into the main Front's inbox and all the other teams could see those messages. I found the option to turn off all personal incoming messages but I could not unlink my Google account from it so I can still see all my old messages in my inbox and have no way of removing them without them being deleted from my actual work account's email.

Jake
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Collaboration Made Easy!

Bewertet am 23.2.2020

I highly recommend Front for team-based customer service or support teams who can take advantage of shared drafts, comments, assigning threads, tags, and snoozing. Our team works with high customer ratios, mostly reactive but with some proactive outreach, and Front enables us to work collaboratively to drive customer success at scale in an efficient and cohesive manner.

As a member of an at-scale team-model customer success team, Front simplifies and streamlines collaboration by enabling transparency into what the rest of the team is working on and who they're speaking with, ease of use sharing threads and context among the team, insight into past customer communications, and robust integrations with G Suite and our CRM among other platforms. The Front team is consistently innovating on top of their existing functionality to continually make the platform more user-friendly and fun to use. I certainly enjoy the UI much more than working out of Gmail.

I prefer the web-app version of Front as opposed to the desktop app simply because I like having all my tools in one browser window, and I love the keyboard shortcuts that exist on the web app, but I know there are so many more on the desktop app that I would love to see enabled the web app. Other than that though I don't have too many complaints! Their product team is always responsive to feedback, and when I have a problem they are quick to address my concerns

Nick
  • Branche: Immobilien

Great App for Team Management of Tickets and Emails from Various Sources

Bewertet am 17.8.2020

We're thrilled with our experience. Support team really does an incredible job at providing super helpful information quickly and kindly. Their self-support documentation is also wonderful. The application itself functions as expected for our inbound sales team to manage hundreds of inquiries with Canned Responses, auto responses, Snooze + Follow up, tagging, and collaboration. Highly recommend the tool. We use Zendesk for our Customer Experience team (support). It is a very robust tool and we haven't evaluated fully what it would look like to move to Front App from Zendesk. The needs get very technical for huge customer support operations, so Front would probably be sufficient, but I haven't fully vetted that.

I love the customer support. The tool behaves as expected and has the requirements we need to manage a global set of 6 inbound sales teams, managing tickets that come from all of our property listing sites. It has integration with Salesforce that allows our reps to interact seamlessly (for 90%+ of instances). We're very happy with the rule automation and workflow management. Our company heavily relies on Front and is happy to do so!

The analytics are pretty good, but could use some more flexibility. There are a couple niche, specific limitations that we have that we have to build workarounds for. Honestly can't think of a major pain for our use case. It is a sales use case, not customer support. Very rare down time, and any issue is displayed for all to see and addressed quickly.

• Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The absolute worst customer support I have ever experienced

Bewertet am 29.1.2019

The only reason we haven't left already is that we've invested too much time building a system in Front.

Pretty accessible to learn up front, but they are not communicative at all about the updates they release.

Front pays very little attention to user experience, as evidenced by the fact that they did not give users the option to opt of their Front 2.0 release. Our company's workflow was based heavily on the layout of Front's original version, and they gave zero warning about the enormous changes that were coming with 2.0.

Additionally, their customer support team is an absolute joke. They consistently refuse to look into reported issues with even minor effort, and will often straight up tell members of my team that they are wrong about reported bugs rather than offer assistance. When one of my team members gave a front representative a poor review with detailed feedback in response to how he handled a bug report, the front rep actually gave my colleague a 1 star review in reply. Not a great way to run a company at all, especially considering that we are paying customers.

Antwort von Front

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we're really sorry to hear you are having a poor experience with Front. That is absolutely not what we strive for. If you would like to send your thoughts to team@frontapp.com, we'll be more than happy to take a look again and hopefully resolve your issues. Thanks for your patience!

Christian
Christian
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Just what we needed

Bewertet am 11.6.2020

Amazing. It has been so helpful for us to manage our client inboxes and emails. It has literally moved us out of gmail hell into email heaven.

Great help in setting up, Easy to maintain, transparent in billing, Great customer service, Love being able to comment internally on emails, sharing them, collaborating on drafts, and having internal discussions on emails.

It is rather expensive for our use, but still worth the money for us. When we share a link, if the email hasn't been shared with a specific individual, the link won't work for them until they have express permission.

Arthur
  • Branche: Großhandel

Game-Changer

Bewertet am 17.1.2023

This product caused me to uninstall outlook from my computer. Efficient, easy to use product with great tools that are huge timesavers.

Delegation of emails in the inbox. Snoozing orders to reopen when they need to be dispatched. Merging multiple emails when silly people reply to an email by using a new thread or merging order confirmation emails with customer queries.

Inability to track statistics with Power Bi - there is a limit on the API. You pay by plan not by usage. The calendar doesn't have a scheduling assistant like Outlook does.

Donald
Donald
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great for our case tracking needs

Bewertet am 12.3.2020

Front makes it easy to use email as a primary mode of communication with customers. It’s very easy to sort and reassign cases, have internal discussions on cases, and quickly respond to and close some cases using canned responses.

Cases are created directly from new emails that come in. For customers, it’s as easy as sending emails back and forth with us, but as agents using Front, we get so much more functionality. Things like canned responses, automatic case sorting and assigning, internal threaded discussions on individual cases, and integrations with third-party tools make Front almost the perfect choice for what we were looking for.

As a user and not an admin, I am not exposed to the full extent of Front’s capabilities, but I am completely satisfied with what I do use. The only issue I’ve had thus far is when I use a canned response it contains three different fonts and just looks odd. This is only evident in the iPad app, but from Desktop they look fine. This was an issue in the way the canned response was created, and while even as a user I do have the ability to fix it, my first attempt failed. This may just be a training issue and I haven’t reached out to Front with help on it yet, but I know if and when I do I will receive excellent service based on others’ interactions with Front’s customer service.

Jonathan
  • Branche: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

This is a good basic platform for your customer care portion of business

Bewertet am 3.7.2019

Our experience as an internal-use product has been very good, we've been able to to keep track of any inquiry on a timely manner due to how easy it is to use this platform, I would just take some points off due to the fact that it is not the best tool to keep track of KPIs.

This platform is very light, it really allows you to get by your day without feeling you had to follow a too convoluted workflow since Front is designed to be very intuitive and easy to use, this allows for you to clear a high volume queue relatively fast.

It can come a little clunky since its meant to be simplistic, this can be an issue if what you are looking for is an advanced level of customer experience, and it could also affect the way you track your data since this platform is not too well versed on that department.

Antwort von Front

Hi Jonathan, thanks for sharing this! We're working on some analytics platform improvements later this year. We'd love to hear more about what your team is looking for if you have any specific requests around analytics, I'd love to walk through them with you! Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Matt
Matt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Front is the best tool we ever added to our team!

Bewertet am 12.12.2018

Front is an amazingly powerful tool backed by a team of professionals who provide us with the ability to manage our email as a team. We work together to help our customers succeed and share an email account — with Front we're able to assign out emails, have thread-specific chats by mentioning team members and use the Sequences feature to send personalized messages to our customers. Using Front has increased our communication internally and has dramatically improved our efficiency when addressing customer requests. Sequences allow us to stay personal and deliver proactive outreach without sacrificing time.

Front is a growing company which means they roll out updates from time-to-time — anytime there are bugs they are quick to address the concerns. The CSM team and technical support have been super helpful anytime we've run into issues.

Antwort von Front

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We love helping the Instructure team be so efficient :)

Solène
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Use of Front

Bewertet am 19.12.2022

Front has become an absolute essential to my work and my co-workers' work. It is to the point that it has surpassed other mail tools such as Gmail. It is a perfect mix between Gmail, Messenger and Dropbox. Likewise, it is very simple to use, and it has a real added value : it enables us, as a team work, to chat in real time and to share files very quickly and in a very organized manner. I truly believe I will definitely have a hard time doing without Front in my next jobs.

I have nothing to dislike about this software, except for the fact that I had difficulties in the beginning to correctly see my number of emails in my Inbox.

Gloria
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Front Review

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

Overall I've had a nice experience with Front. Previously I used Zedesk to manage incoming emails with my team and the functionalities are very similar. Perhaps Front design is more appealing and seems more like a gmail/outlook email inbox.

- Assigning emails to coworkers- Dividing work between colleagues- Delegating tasks- Organising work in a cross-functional team

- As an admin user, tracking the performance of the team is not practical and we still need to do it outside the platform. It would be good to apply more filters and functionalities for the tracking part. For instance, I'm trying to understand the SLA of the team when replying to messages, but the data is inaccurate because it also calculates when there's a reply again to the message

Isabella
Isabella
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Organize all the emails your teams receive in a flexible way with Front.

Bewertet am 7.11.2020

We use this software in the teams that are mainly dedicated to sales that are executed in our business facilities, especially to keep track and organize each of our potential customers that come from various points, when we refer to various websites, especially when doing business from emails, which are multiple, this system determines them in order of arrival, and attends them remotely, facilitating our work in large proportions.

It is an incredible software in its main functionalities, because once it is implemented, it automatically organizes complex or chaotic emails, in a very fast and sophisticated way, giving amazing impressions, due to its extraordinary operation, without excluding that it is a A very useful tool, especially when we go to business scales, which require attention to their outgoing and incoming messages that they have in a multiple way, covering all these needs in a very successful and smooth way, being one of my systems favorites.

As a significant disadvantage, regarding the functionalities that this software maintains, we can mention that its exports are not very large that can be described in a considerable scope, where they should normally comply and operate without interruptions, highlighting that they are totally difficult to select , since it is a complex software, according to its programming, due to its extensive tools that it offers for its options of use that it commonly executes.

Stefanos
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent tool for a team that has a number of email accounts!

Bewertet am 6.9.2017

Centralized mail management was the main reason for choosing Front. It is a great tool indeed.

Front if used correctly can be a powerful service. We use it for our company. Everyone has access to Front with their personal account (after they get invited) and they can manage themselves which inboxes to receive emails from. The main features that I see are the following:

- User friendly interface
- Customization
- Excellent support

All in all I would recommend it for anyone searching for such a service. We are very pleased so far.

Front hasn't got many things going the wrong way. If I should say something that would be that at first glance it might be a bit too much and intimidating to have all those inboxes and emails coming in but after you find your way around Front you realize that it was just wedding jitters! Everything turns out fine in the end :)

Heather
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great value, good product, but could still use some improvements

Bewertet am 12.3.2020

It has been helpful for our company to have the ability to sort our emails by market and then assign each email to the appropriate team member. It is also helpful to be able to see the number of emails in team member inboxes and when they are online, in order to better determine who may need help. Having the ability to at mention a team member or share a draft with another member of the team is helpful for the company as well.

I really like the ability to set timers for emails to reappear in my inbox, and having the ability to assign and @mention team members are also helpful features that use daily.

I still miss having actual folders. I feel like it gets confusing using tags and having my emails sometimes auto-archive. I actually missed including some invoices on my month-end statements last month, because those emails archived and I didn't see them in my open tab in under that tag. I also recently discovered that we can't use our mail merge app with Front. In our industry having the ability to use a mass-mailout software or app is very important.