Thinkific

4,4 (180)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Erstelle, vermarkte und verkaufe Online-Kurse mit Thinkific.

Sortieren nach

Anne
Anne
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Thinkific is everything you need to publish online courses. There are different levels , even...

Bewertet am 9.11.2017

It allows a person to publish an online course and customize everything, including the price you sell it for. Thinkific has everything you need to be successful. AND they offer lots of webinars and training as you need! I look forward to using it more as I grow my online publishing business!

I like that it is customizable. I like that Thinkific offers lots of webinars and help with all aspects of publishing online courses. It allows a couple ways to collect money for your courses. They spell out exactly what to do! For a newbie like me, I began setting things up months ago while I was working on my course. As I completed it, I began uploading the lectures and made some changes to my text and landing page and other info. Easy to make it your own. I am happy with how professional it all looks. Now I will get busy with the marketing end and Thinkific can help with info about that too! Customer service is awesome and they reach out frequently to see what they can do to guide you! I highly recommend this solution for getting an online course published. I am at the entry level, but am testing the waters until I need to go further and unlock more features.

As expected the free version is basic, so in order to get to some of the good stuff, you have to upgrade. Not a big deal really, since I am producing my first course and need to go slowly.

Jessie
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Launched my first course!

Bewertet am 9.1.2021

Overall I'm super happy with my experience. I've spent the last few months editing my course based on feedback from the beta and am almost done setting up my first official launch. Excited to keep growing here!

I spent last year writing my first professional training course and was looking for a platform to use for the beta run. I wanted something that could handle the multi-media aspect of the delivery of my course, but that was also easy to set up for a non-techy beginner as I didn't have an assistant to set it up for me. Thinkific fit this need perfectly.

If anything the aesthetic of the platform could be a bit better (personal preference). While it is easy to follow it's just not as sleek as I'd like. And as a non-web-designer, I'd like to be able to customize the course landing pages to fit my brand with a bit more DIY ease.

Teachable und Podia

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

Drag and drop course set up was super easy and had all the features I needed in the basic option.
Farah
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Good overall with critical limitations for teaching online live

Bewertet am 7.2.2021

Good. They have excellent customer support and they responded to me quickly even during busy times. I actually recommended them for a company that has recorded videos and could benefit from using a modern LMS to share their recorded lessons.

I think I like the idea of the software. There are alternatives. I think I picked Thinkific first because they have clear description about their software, seemed reputable and seemed like they have good customer service and responsiveness. Their website is nicely responsive for different screen sizes. Although the theme itself is limited, and you are on your own to customize it, I felt that the drag and drop choices for the editor covered everything I need.

There were critical limitations that I felt decreased the value of the software for my business. The first thing that made me feel uncomfortable is that the website you build for your business through their LMS software would publish to the public immediately as you save the changes. I look thoroughly through the website theme settings, but there was no way to keep the website as "password protected" or "private" before it is published. As a result, I felt I should hold on about sharing important details until I write the entire content of the website, then drag and drop the content for the layout, and then put the content.

After that first issue, I felt less excited. There were other limitations that resulted in me losing interest. I didn't feel like I want to pay to customize my website with HTML and CSS. importing your own website website was not a convenient option.

My courses were live online but their website had no way of sharing the time on the website based on the user local or system time. I would have to pay for their Pro plan and do it myself with javascript. I could look up and learn how to do it, but I didn't want to. I felt like the software was good for only recorded content. The price they were asking for was not convincing anymore. Slowly and slowly I lost interest.

Finally, I saw that they charge a flat fee for each student plus their monthly fee, for any student after the 100th student. I decided not to move forward with them.

Teachable und Kajabi

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

I ended up not choosing Thinkific and went with an alternative.
Lucky

Thinkific LMS platform. An honest review

Bewertet am 7.5.2022

Thinkific is a great LMS with many inbuilt integrations. Even though most of the integrations are not free, they help in building a better LMS all round.

Other than being a good Learning management platform, students could upload video contents and gifs in the communities of a thinkific school. This isn't possible with other LMS I've used. I think this is a great advantage in my opinion as videos drives conversations better.

If I could upload SCORM/HTML5 contents it'll be a better product for me.
Also, the course builder layouts are not as sleek as I expected in comparison to other products.

LearnDash

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

I didn't want to get involved in the technical stuffs involved in building an LMS from scratch. I preferred using a SAAS platform (in this case Thinkific) that would cater for the technical aspects of the platform while I cared about creating contents for my students.
Karen
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Thinkific Learning Management System

Bewertet am 18.3.2021

Amazing! I highly recommend the software and the team. For the money, you cannot do any better!

I love the customer support and training. I was able to launch my program in two hours with no assistance. The Quick Start program is an amazing example of what we should all aspire to in our online training videos. The software is easy to navigate and has some beautiful templates to help jumpstart user progress.

I was a little limited with the amount and layout of content on the course sales pages. Wish options here were more flexible. Also, the reporting at my subscription level is a little time-consuming requiring exports to Excel to confirm actual totals each time. It's easy enough to work around, however, and I have found customer support to be exceptional at helping me with some of my more creative workarounds.

Podia , Kajabi und TalentLMS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

Capabilities, particular strengths in online learning management, ease of use, price, customer support
Ana
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Empowering me to impact more entrepreneurs!

Bewertet am 18.3.2021

Building the sales page was ridiculously simple. The templates kept the process streamlined and allowed for simple edits as needed.

Love the opportunity to build my course with so many options for various types of learners and delivering content in different ways to keep students engaged.

In the course management page, I would love the ability to map out the various elements within each section, even if I don’t have the content ready to upload yet (ie, I want a video to go here and a worksheet to go there, but they aren’t complete yet)

Teachable und Kajabi

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Thinkific

User reviews and Black Friday deal! I had to try it out and have been very pleased so far.
Andy
Andy

A Good Basic Platform for selling online courses

Bewertet am 5.4.2023

I have used thinkific for over 3 years. It has been a good basic platform although somewhat frustrating at times due to limited functionality around creating engaging courses, no SCORM support and having to integrate with Thord party email management systems via Zapier (GetResponse)

Ease of use and simple to understand user interface

Somewhat limited in creating engaging learning, and having to use third party paid plugins for basic gamification. Virtually no customer management functionality built into the platform (such as email management) and limited integration with Third party contact management systems.

Danielle
Danielle
  • Branche: Design
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

So Far So Good

Bewertet am 13.4.2022

I was brought on board to help manage my client's Thinkific site. I did not have previous experience with Thinkific. So far, I've been satisfied with my overall experience.

I had no experience with Thinkific prior to jumping in to help my client with her account. However, I had some experience with other landing-page builders, and it was not too difficult to get the hang of using the Thinkific Site Builder. Also, I quickly found some YouTube videos that helped me out as well.

My client already had a published Thinkific site. Thinkific has the option to create an offline copy so we can experiment with a new design and not worry about messing up the live site or causing disruptions for students. As a newbie, I was relieved not to have to worry about messing anything up.

The Theme Library has a decent selection of templates - just enough to find a good starting point but not too many to be overwhelming. The sample landing pages are great inspiration as well.

I love the "smart" blocks that pull content from elsewhere in your account. For example, the instructor's bio or course curriculum or student reviews.

I encountered a few limitations:
- The Site Builder includes about a dozen or so recognized fonts, but I did not see a way to add custom fonts. Maybe this is comes with a higher plan.
- For the instructor's bio, I didn't like the default design of the "Instructors" block, so I just used a "Text & Media" block. That would have seemed fine, except the text and photo are too close together. I couldn't see a way to increase the space.
- You can get a pretty good preview of the page using Fullscreen mode inside the Site Builder - but the links and buttons are not clickable. I didn't find a way to preview the course landing page with live links/buttons so I can make sure they are working properly. If I'm working with an offline copy, I would like to be able to check links and buttons BEFORE publishing and overriding our existing live page.

Miguel
Miguel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The way to teach the world online with most of the features you would ever need to look pro

Bewertet am 29.4.2022

Thinkific kind of has all figured out for you except the marketing part that is up to you to figure out if you want the wold to know that your courses exist.

It has all the features I really need to teach and sell my courses online

Not very easy to customize the way your landing pages, course gallery and course itself looks. What Thinkific has available looks good but sometimes you want to make it more your own and that is not that easy.

• Branche: Fotografie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Thinific delivers

Bewertet am 3.10.2023

Overall it is goo. The product delivers what it sets out to deliver. I am happy to receive payment immediately unlike other online course options who hold on to payment for weeks.

Payment is received immediately when someone purchases my course.

It is expensive compared to Systeme.io. They use Stripe as the payment gateway. South Africa and Stripe are not compatible so I'm forced to use Paypal. This leads to lost sales.

Korinne
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Customer Service Very Disappointing

Bewertet am 22.10.2019

Very frustrating! Not a customer-friendly service. While they are friendly and say they hope you are having a nice day, they do not answer questions (or apparently read email chains).

There is no support for European customers I fed this back to them when I first signed up around 2 years ago and nothing has changed. I have given them all of the feed back given here but they do not take any action.

Waiting at least a day for an answer is totally unacceptable. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response).

It just seems as though they work at their convenience, not the customer's. And yet they are happy to take the subscriptions when they are not providing an adequate service.

I was so excited to find this product and thought it would be ideal for my needs

The software is not user-friendly. I was hoping that it would be more straightforward and my staff have also commented that is it not user-friendly.

There is nobody to call when you have a query and can only email. It takes them a day to get back to you. And we are based in the UK and with the time difference, we have to wait at least a day for an answer. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response).

I sent a query on Monday asking how to do something and the reply said 'see instructions below' and there were no instructions there. In the same email, they asked me to confirm the email address (which I had emailed them on and they had clearly not tried this). I responded right away and just got an email asking how they could help me! (They clearly had not read the email chain).

It is now 9pm at night on Tuesday and will be at least Wednesday afternoon with the time difference until I may get a reply and actually proceed.

Alex
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Only use if you never want to close account

Bewertet am 14.9.2023

Ended very badly, we are having our reputation damaged

Ended very badly, we are having our reputation damaged

Easy to set up. Seems reasonably priced

Only use if you never (and I mean never) want to close accountI have been trying to close our thinkific account for a year, it is impossible! It will let you downgrade to a free account but there you are stuck! You might think, that’s ok, they’re now charging you. Well, the problem is that every time you disable a course another one is reactivated. I have just had to refund a load of learners who have managed to sign up and pay for courses that we no longer run.. Not good for business!!!! There are other, better and more cost effective platforms out there.Impossible to speak to a person, Help pages are a joke

Dan
Dan
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good for small, basic needs

Bewertet am 15.8.2017

Value for the money, attractive front end with little effort.

Value for the money, attractive front end with little effort.

The way Thinkific presents content, from landing page to course completion page, is beautiful and appealing to the user. There are ample ways to connect with the user through various integrations if desired. It's also useful that you can customize the branding and even your own site theme if you have the available resources to do so! After switching from a sub-par LMS, our users are more engaged and more excited about signing in to consume our courses.

Reporting leaves much to be desired - best count on using Zapier to pull data into a 3rd party for analyzing user progress and completion rates. It's also frustrating that I have to wait for some reports to be emailed to me after requesting them. Perhaps the most frustrating part is that the front-end is designed using Liquid, which is difficult for a novice with basic CSS / HTML knowledge to navigate in order to make small text changes across the site.

Valamere
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Think Simple Online Course Creation

Bewertet am 29.11.2021

I like Thinkific because it offers a simplified way to create, market, and sell online courses all in one platform. Thinkific have many content creation resources to design multimedia online courses or trainings. For example, there's an intuitive drag and drop feature that allows you to create classes, videos, and other digital tools for content with easy placement onto the platform. What makes this platform unique is the Thinkific Academy that is full of resources to walk you through creating, marketing, and selling your content, especially if you are new to this concept. What is great about Thinkific is the ability to customize and brand your online platform using low code development.

Although the interface is simple with a basic look and the ability to use low code development to customize the layout, it does not offer flexibility in making changes to fit your brand. Also, if you are not skilled in frontend development the visual elements of the platform, you will have to pay for additional fees.

SmarterU LMS und Wisetail LMS
Katie
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Love it!

Bewertet am 2.7.2018

I got leads into students who enjoyed this platform. I really loved setting up courses and I think this is a great product.

I really like how easy this system is; they have done a lot to make their platform easy to use. The free plan is good.
Pro's:
Easy to use & navigate
Helpful tutorials
Helpful webinars and manuals to help you get the most and market your courses
Clean crisp look
Responsive for mobile, tablet, and pc's

Pricing for me was the only con; I had purchased a lifetime subscription to another course building platform and decided to switch to that otherwise i'd still be using thinkific.

Enrrique
Enrrique
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Project your career by making your courses known on the net

Bewertet am 23.4.2018

An excellent way to place and sell your courses on the net, making you gain prestige in the online educational area.

A very easy to use application that projects your career as an instructor and educator, you can sell the courses to students or companies, allowing you to take better advantage as it allows you to enlarge your professional profile, showing the courses you have done and who and how many have seen, making you notice in the professional area, it is quite complete and easy to use, with an attractive cost for the market.

I think they should improve a little the visual and design area, to make it more pleasing to the eye, allowing you to customize more each course and let your imagination fly to catch a larger audience, doing this would improve even more this excellent application.

Hansome
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Hansomekelly

Covers literally all of my needs and services

Covers literally all of my needs and services

The different type of quizzes that I can offer

The growth package monthly payment per student

Monica
Monica

The best eLearning platform for beginners and experts

Bewertet am 14.6.2018

I have produced more than 200 online courses and used several platforms. Thinkific is my favorite. I have three schools there. It's easy to use, clean design, and the upgrades are customer-centered.

I don't like the new admin organization. It's text heavy and not intuitive. I prefer simple headers like courses, users, admin, etc.

Rocky
Rocky
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

For the non-developer who wants to create great online courses - go with Thinkific

Bewertet am 24.6.2018

It's just a great piece of software to deploy an online course without having to rely on a expensive developer (like myself.)

I deploy Thinkific to my clients who need to an online course, but don't have the expertise or resources to recruit someone with technology skills. It's really easy with a short learning curve. If building a website with drag/drop tools is easy to you - this is even easier.
Their support is fantastic! Their response time is quick, their team is helpful, and their reply is always clear and coherent. I've spoken to them as both a user, and a developer - and they were always willing to find a way to help me solve things.

For the scenario of building a training program - Thinkific is great - no issues. If I had to say something, like anything - the only thing I can think of is, as a developer - I wish I can build add-ons to extend Thinkific's features. I'm probably in the 1% who wants it, which shows how much Thinkific really thought things

Shawn
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Budget Friendly Software for developing your program

Bewertet am 7.5.2021

Overall I am very happy with this software for my program and it's been a very helpful tool.

I love that it is one of the most budget-friendly software that I know to create an online program on.

I do believe that the software has the potential to grow more and be a little bit more professional looking, I would recommend adding more features and better design options.

Abigail
Abigail
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Thinkific is easy to use, the interface is friendly both for the administrator and for the...

Bewertet am 7.12.2017

I get to sell my courses to students directly and receive a hire percentage than I would on Udemy and Skillshare.

I needed to create online courses to sell directly to students rather than putting all my eggs in one basket... in this case 2 baskets; Udemy and Skillshare. I began looking for cheap or free LMS system, and after vetting my options I was down to two choices Thinkific and Teachable. Thinkific isn't as popular as Teachable so I was already partial, expecting less from it than Teachable. I was surprised that Thinkific was the better option.
Thinkific is easy to use, intuitive and very user-friendly, they have lots of resources on how to create courses. I hit a snag in the video production phase of my courses and I was surprised when they reached out to me, I explained that I hadn't been online as I was still creating my course and they sent links to resources that would help. That was a biggy for me, as I really needed that.

The staff and the software itself has been amazing.

Non really, at least for now. I'm on the free plan which has limited features, I'd need to upgrade to fully explore its capabilities but for now, I'm content

Shane
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

A great platform for the less technical

Bewertet am 20.5.2020

A really great platform that is easy to tailor to my business needs. Where I was unable to make a change to the system defaults, the customer service team made them with out any issues.

Very easy to use and has excellent customer support

For the plan I am on it is a shame there certificate functionality is not available

Teachable , Udutu Guru LMS , iSpring Suite und Litmos

Price and functionality
Linda
Linda
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Best money for value for startups

Bewertet am 27.3.2020

Easy to use and set up. I am not a tech person and I set up a whole online course in 3 days so pretty cool.

There is a free function you can actually set up a whole program completely for free and they only charge a % of the sale. It’s perfect for start ups.

I found anything I don’t like so far. I am really happy with it.

Craig

Thinkific Has A Lot Going For It

Bewertet am 15.2.2022

The look presented to students, and options for directing their learning process is thoughtful and creative. When I have a question that the help file can't answer, the live chat has been helpful a number of times.

Some options are "all or nothing", in other words, I can't customize to individuals as much as I might like.

• Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Just focus on creating content and leave the rest to Thinkific

Bewertet am 28.3.2019

If you're coming from WordPress ecosystem, you know the pain. Keep on adding plugins-after-plugins and keep paying for them yearly and keep maintaining them, patching security holes that pop up often. If then you get some time, then create content for your members.

With Thinkific, you need not worry about the umpteen admin issues of WordPress at all; just focus on content creation and leave the rest to the Thinkific platform. Hassle free piece of LMS.

- They may want to look into the pricing structure.
- For those educaters who can't accept Stripe for some reason, try to come up with a model whereby you accept payment on our behalf and then send our payments later on.