Teachable Erfahrungen

Teachable

4,3 (167)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Erstelle, veröffentliche, verwalte und monetarisiere Online-Lehrkurse.

Sortieren nach

Gian Angelo
Gian Angelo

A Giant in Online Courses

Bewertet am 27.5.2019

Teaching other has always been a passion of mine especially if it helps my students learn from my mistakes and avoid them in their own career. Being in the Copywriting field for years has always instilled in me that you have to keep learning and keep teaching others... and Teachable gives you that option.

It's easy to get into and setup plus you get a lot of nice features to make your teachable page look really great!

Overall, Teachable is one website you should definitely put your mind into.

It's probably one of the better choices when it comes to making courses online. First of all, you get a lot of options to integrate with 3rd party software which is great since you don't have to start from scratch in some aspects. Second, it's really easy to start teaching your audience online with Teachable.

You can easily add new courses, record some lessons and launch!

You get great payment options to choose from to give your customers some variety, also, it's easy to setup your page to make your "classroom" look even better.

It does take time to setup everything if you're planning to work on many courses and uploading a lot of material.

While you can get most of it done by the time your free trial is over, it's always great to upgrade from the start to be able to take advantage of the premium features Teachable offers.

One more thing is that, it's a bit pricey compared to other choices however, if you want great quality, it will cost you.

Yadah
Yadah
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

They Have Good Resources

Bewertet am 25.4.2020

Initially I was dazzled by Teachable. As I got more into my business and researched, and the more teachable updated and changed their plans and options, the more I realised that there are better options out there. The resources are still good, but they focus very much on the 'overnight success' model that tends to burn most entrepreneurs out.

You can change the colour scheme to for your brand.
There is a white label option to ensure all branding is yours and only yours.
You can use your own domain.
Video hosting is done directly on Teachable, so no need to figure out embedding etc from other sites.
You can add quizzes and tests to your online courses.
You can add resources and PDFs for your students.
It's possible to add add-ons for additional income on courses, and also bundle courses together.
They offer many free courses and resources to help the budding online teacher.

There is no middle ground between the starter plan and next plan - it's expensive for the starter plan compared to other course platform options with hardly any of the perks the others offer.
The promise of being able to fully customise your school is negated by the very real fact that you HAVE to be able to 'code' to do so, taking away from the ease of use.
The quizzes available are restricted to multiple choice or true and false - students aren't able to upload assignments and there is also no room for free flow questions.

Brandi

Disaster

Bewertet am 7.9.2020

Horrible, frustrating and a huge waste of a lot of time. Added so much more work for me to do when the point of having the software was to save me time.

Well, when I started I liked the idea of drip content for my students weekly lessons - BUT, it doesn't work properly so I can't say I liked anything about the Teachable software.

Constant Problems
The software constantly has glitches and major problems. My students have problems getting in, links do not work and have to be sent several times. My classes receive emails from other classes/courses that don't apply to their course at all.
Don't get me started on Customer Service. UGH! They replay in a decent amount of time - with a bunch of work for YOU the person paying to use their platform to read through, problem solve and basically try to figure out why THIER platform is not working properly.
For most of us we pay for a platform like this to cut down on the workload we have! Not create EXTRA work! I have spent so much time doing Teachables job that I rather create a damn Facebook group page for free and post the video learning and tutorials there. Or build it into my own website.
I can't even use their merchant services as they have asked for my tax info literally 30+ times. I sent it to them the first 10 times and just said forget it and have my student pay through our business system.
Wast of money and a HUGE waste of time.

Kajabi, Udemy Business und Thinkific

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Teachable

Price and features
Ça¿r¿
Ça¿r¿

Always improving

Bewertet am 14.9.2021

I like that Teachable always deploys new features, listens to tutors and I also like the community they've been developing among the teachers. So, they both try to improve their product and their users at the same time.

Sometimes it's hard to bundle your courses as you like. You have to tweak this and that to get something close to what you want.

Thinkific
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Decent and reliable platform but needs feature improvements

Bewertet am 24.7.2021

The user interface is intuitive but not that easy to use, pages take time to load.

They keep adding new features regularly, I like the recently added limited period access so I can expire my free courses which is really helpful to make my student take action complete the course on time and upgrade to my higher offers if they desire.

I love that Teachble provides unlimited students and courses/coaching plans even on the basic plan.

Has teachable university to help with setting up the courses and coaching bundles, which is beneficial for beginners setting up their e-learning platform.

If you do not want a lot of designing customization to your landing page using html etc, I have found the page builder via block elements easy to implement.

The web app crashes a lot when bulk uploading videos.
Cannot upload videos of size greater than 1.5 GB.
Have to pay heavy transction fee of 5% to teachable for each sale on the basic plan.

Linda
Linda

Fantastic platform for online schools.

Bewertet am 28.2.2018

I was able to create my own online school, website, landing pages and payment portal with ease. I highly recommend Teachable .

Easy to set up, very reasonably priced and great tutorials and advice for marketing your courses. If you have online curriculum you'd like to share with the world, this is a very seamless process.

Unable to add HTML features within the curriculum itself. They do not do any marketing (like Udemy), whereas they would market globally and the school owner would get a smaller percentage of the sales. I think this is good for reaching a larger audience.

Sarah
Sarah
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Fantastic Learning Platform for Online Courses

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

The Teachable Tribe (Facebook Community) are inspiring as they share their success stories and they're super supportive with any queries you might have and the free training Teachable offers through emails and webinars is second to none. Overall Teachable is a great platform - it looks professional and is easy to use, so you can get started straight away!

I love that with Teachable you are guided through how to build your school in the dashboard intuitively. You can upload course materials with ease and remain confident that your students will find it easy to navigate through your programme and that the finished result will look really professional. The landing pages to promote each course are easy to complete and customise and they load well.

There really isn't anything I dislike about Teachable, it's perfect for online courses and programmes.

• Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Good but expensive

Bewertet am 7.11.2021

I do like my experience with Teachable as a user. Although I wouldn't use it as an educator myself, I can see the value in Teachable and if you can get over the high monthly/yearly price (unless maybe if you don't need the higher versions, then it's actually priced really well) then I think it could be very valuable. The custom domain names are a nice feature as well, although - as I mentioned - it can be confusing.

- Beautiful interface
- Personalisable
- Good on mobile
- Seems like a perfect solution for people who don't want to build an online education programme with WordPress, which surely is more difficult in all aspects.

- I would not use this software for my own courses because I find it way too expensive. However I think this is a trade-off that a lot of people are willing to make because it's easy.
- Sometimes it gets really confusing to switch between various educators who use Teachable. I even lost access to some courses because of a confusion I had (multiple accounts that I wanted to merge).

• Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hoping there is a better software out there.

Bewertet am 8.12.2017

Good structure to course, nice layout. Good analytics. We have not launched our course yet but have been using it to set up for the past month.

Video uploads take forever. Like 10 times what it take to upload to Youtube. One video of 150 MB can take 1.5-2 hours to upload on extremely high speed internet. (17mb per sec download speed).

We have talked to support and they say if our videos are over 500MB then it can take a long time. And if your computer falls asleep it will stop...or it can just stop anyways and you have to start to whole process over again. The bulk uploader is a joke. If you want to upload 10 video plan on staying on your computer for 15 hours.

The only reason we have stuck with it is that once you invest 100 hours you hate to throw it away. Also, thinkific doesn't have great analytics, so we feel there is no better option at the moment. If only Google would create good platform.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great low maintenance platform

Bewertet am 1.4.2018

It's really easy to get up and started on Teachable - it's possible if you're not tech savvy (I got my cousin to try it) and really fast & simple if you are. Now that they're adding features comparable with more premium tools - like in affiliate management and customizable checkout pages, it's great to have everything in one spot.

Its all-in-one nature does mean that sometimes you have a few things - like instant payouts - that are only on the largest plan/more expensive than with a niche tool's plan, but then you'd need to use multiple niche tools.

• Branche: Musik

Some Important Features Missing but Great Customer Service

Bewertet am 31.12.2018

Teachable has solved the problem I was having using self-hosted WordPress with WooCommerce's suite of very expensive plugins that are continually updated with breaking changes that they often had to be resolved by tinkering with PHP code. Having my school hosted in the cloud takes care of all of the software and security headaches.

I do feel bad leaving a lukewarm review for the product, as the customer service is extraordinarily nice and has bent over backwards to help me overcome some of the limitations.

Also worth noting that perhaps my situation is unique, in that I am mostly using Teachable as sort of online school with content from other authors, as opposed to just being a place for me to sell my own courses without involving anyone else.

Right now, there doesn't seem to be a platform that's super-focused on creating your own online school with multiple teachers (or is there?), so Teachable is getting the job done, but I regret not having done a bit more research on the front end, as some other solutions might have offered me more of what I was looking for.

* Customer Service
* Ease of use
* Pretty nice admin interface
* Although there is not much you can do to theme your school without getting into code, what they have out of the box is pretty tasteful in terms of typography and layout

* No built-in contact form capabilities, and I don't know that you could code your own (if you're tech savvy enough), so that leaves you with a cheesy free embed form that will have someone else's branding on it, or paying at least $10 a month for a white-labeled contact form. I mean, what sort of paid online school doesn't have a "Contact Us" page with a form (as opposed to just an email address)?
* Hefty fees if you want to have payments automatically sent out to other authors automatically (wish I knew this before I signed up!).
* No ability to sell gift certificates without going through a very manual convoluted process

Zeb
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching

HQ Video or Global Customers find another platform

Bewertet am 3.10.2020

At first it was good overall. Given the first and third issue above I'm moving to another platform ASAP, I hope this review helps inform others before making a choice.

The payment gateway and ease of setting up courses. It is easy to get started and the onboarding example courses and content was very helpful.

This is a new con for me. Teachable no longer has unlimited video file size! They used to market unlimited, but that changed to under 4GB if I remember correctly and now they have a hard limit of 2GB. They made this change with NO NOTIFICATION to customers. My customers pay a lot for the content and we deliver 30min+ HD lectures, now we have to leave the platform. If you are thinking "Just use Vimeo to host" that is an extra $600/year to Vimeo to do that.

My second issue is navigating the payment end is complicated when you have customers that forgot to add a coupon (especially for a subscription) or if a customer misses a payment there is very little you can do.

Third, my customer based has grown significantly in EU. Our coaching or live lecture courses aren't required to collect VAT. Teachable collects it anyways and it's up to the customer to get their money back vs not charging them in the first place.

Peter

I love Teachable

Bewertet am 30.5.2019

I teach small-business owners sales and marketing skills via online courses. When I first crossed over from a Wordpress platform with 80 lectures, each containing video, text, PDFs, and soundtracks - the entire crossover process was completed in a day. Easy work - just lots of it. That was three years ago. Since then I've seen more than 100 students set up their own schools. They all rave about the platform.

Incredibly easy to use. Very fast to deploy a complete course with almost zero technical skill. fast and comprehensive support. Their free pricing offers a zero cost startup. It's so good that I introduce Teachable to every student I teach.

I love their concern about security. Just sometimes, and this is not a complaint, I offend by logging in from a different machine. That invokes two-factor authorization. It's not a problem at all, of course, but it's the feature I like least. Call me lazy.

Andrea
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Basic Course Platform

Bewertet am 6.7.2023

The customer service team was helpful but limited by account types and functionality available.

Our team started using this tool as our primary learning management platform during Covid. We work across multiple school sites, the csv learner upload worked well for us in making the quick transition to fully remote. The platform is relatively straightforward to build within but leaves much to be desired for customization and accessibility.

The lack of customization and the limits within the account types constrained our team and ultimately led us and several of our partners to switch to Articulate 360 and Searchie.

Stella
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great user experience, API access expensive

Bewertet am 21.7.2022

Great user experience. Creating courses is incredibly easy and the interface is beautiful and pleasant to use.

API access requires a much higher tier in subscription which is inaccessible for smaller businesses

Holly
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Other Platforms Out There

Bewertet am 11.11.2021

It's bright and engaging. Pricing okay. Help tutorial videos.

Not user-friendly, too many back links and limited design features. Too pricey compared to other platforms. I did not stick with using this platform even after attending trainings.

Podia

Warum Teachable gewählt wurde

Pricing and design options

Zuvor genutzte Software

Thinkific
Erica

Decent but clunky

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

it's served my basic needs and it takes stress off my plate but as a paid platform it leaves much to be desired.

I like that we can design our own school how we want and there is a lot of space available for file storage.

It's not very streamlined - both as a school owner and as a client I have had issues with clunkiness and confusion. Not the most intuitive.

Bryanna

Past User

Bewertet am 1.11.2022

I liked using teachable but i found a different software that i prefer and made the switch

I liked that you used to be able to create a course for free and pay after 10 students and i like that your course is searchable on their platform

I dont love the pricetag or how it doesnt integrate into a website

Latasha
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Teachable is great for content creators!

Bewertet am 9.4.2020

Overall, my experience has been great! Their customer service team is super helpful when you need them and the platform is very familiar to a lot of other bloggers and online business owners.

If you are looking to create courses or to grow your online business Teachable is the place to be. I have been using this platform to host my courses and it has been super great. I love how you can create sales pages for each of your courses to help boost sales.

The only con about Teachable is that they recently changed how their creators can design their sales pages for their courses. This can be a learning curve if you don't know much about web designing.

Dariana Carolina
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

I really love this sofware because I have everything I need to teach my courses!

Bewertet am 29.6.2018

I am a language teacher so I need a platform to teach without any worry, Teachable gave me the chance to do it. The first time I used this software was amazing and I fall instantly in love with it because I can have everything organized when I teach my courses. A good thing about this is that you can create all the online courses you want to, even can create some free courses. This allows you to share all the content you need for your classes, you can use GoogleDrive or any other cloud storage site. Also you can create quizzes and evaluations for your classes, forums and give certificates to the participants. The feature that I liked the most is that you have your own domain with the name you select. This is perfect to me!

The thing that I didn't like is the payment. At the beginning I thought it was a little expensive, but then I realized that it totally worth it so is not an issue anymore.

• Branche: Immobilien

Fast Start for Online Courses

Bewertet am 26.8.2019

I advise anyone who would like to sell his or her online courses. It has very user friendly interface.

It has a free plan and you can test most of significant features of the application

So important some of features are closed in free plan

John
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Have Used As A Student, May Use As An Instructor

Bewertet am 7.6.2023

I have mostly used Teachable as a student and have enjoyed the process. As I noted in the "cons" section, it used to be difficult and confusing to set up your course access, but this appears to be fixed now. Once you had your course access set up, the rest was smooth sailing.I am currently testing Teachable out from the instructor side. I have a couple of courses in development and Teachable is a contender for a hosting platform. So far it seems relatively easy to use and fairly priced. If I go with Teachable as an instructor, I will update my review to further reflect my experience.

- easy to students to use - no cost on the student side

In the past, accessing courses was difficult (this looks to be fixed now)

Oliver

Used to be a lot better

Bewertet am 4.8.2022

Very easy to set up courses, videos load fast and uptime is high

All additional features added within the past 2 years have made the software less user friendly on the backend. Difficult dealing with customer support on lower tier plans.

Hanah
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Create Courses Quickly

Bewertet am 9.10.2019

Overall, I love creating content with this site. If you have questions, they can help you and help you figure it out. The emails they send with helpful tips and information is great. This site is wonderful for anyone who wants to teach other people information that is valuable.

I like this software and how I can create courses and content for other people. The site has loads of information and they will also email you simple articles to help you with creating content. I like the helpful tips and how useful they are. I also like how I can put my information on slides, so I can create my courses. I have loads of ideas, so I want to make courses for people to understand. This site has tools that I can add to my content course slides which allows me to be creative for each one.

It can overwhelm someone at first especially if you just started. The site has loads of areas and boxes. I wish they would minimize just some of the work areas for people who just started with the site. The dashboard main area to do my work on just seems a bit overwhelming. It would be nice if the area didn't have so much on it and the person could click to decrease some of the options on the dashboard fast.

Othman

Not for UK course builders

Bewertet am 12.11.2020

It's easy to use, the platform is simple and straight forwards although you don't have much control.

My students are from the UK, they pay in GBP, I am also in the UK, I receive my money in GBP.
Since teachable is a US based company, when you pay in GBP, they convert it into dollars, then in order to pay me, they convert those dollars back to GBP, which messes up your income.
You'll end up having two customers who bought the same course, but because the exchange rate changes so frequently you receive different amount for both of them, and when you have lots of students you can really loose track as to how many students you sold the course to, and how well you did business wise.