Paylocity

4,3 (838)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Paylocity ist eine webbasierte Lösung für Gehaltsabrechnung und Personalwesen für kleine, mittlere und große Unternehmen.

Sortieren nach

Patrice
Patrice
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Easy for End Users to navigate and depend on

Bewertet am 16.6.2023

The overall experience for the end user is an easy product to use, with the ability to keep up with your employee benefits and payroll all in one place.

The home screen Dashboard is one of the best features of Paylocity. So many other programs make you dive through multiple menu levels, and Paylocity's overall design makes it easy for non-technical users.

Reporting didn't appear to be the easiest process. Generating a report took templates to be designed.

Mitch
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Paylocity has been a great tool for our company!

Bewertet am 20.12.2022

Our overall experience has been very positive. The implementation process went smoothly and felt like we had a good team at Paylocity helping us get started with the product. The system was able to meet our pretty sophisticated needs and has been a very good investment if you are looking to move into a more user-friendly product.

Some of the best parts of this product is how everything is connected and works well together. There is no disjointed feeling as you move from one part of the software to the next. This makes life as an HR professional, payroll preparer, or general accountant a lot easier. We appreciate being able to place all of our HR processes and especially onboarding into Paylocity and eliminate a lot of busy work behind the scenes.

We wish the workflow software was a little bit further along but we have been told it is a priority in development right now so that is good to hear.

Paycor

Warum Paylocity gewählt wurde

We made the switch because we needed a software that was a little bit more sophisticated and more connected across all of its programs. Netchex could be a very good tool for some companies, but we needed one that was a little bit more advanced for our needs.

Netchex

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paylocity

We chose Paylocity because it was a good price for what they offered and the site was very user-friendly. Other products we looked at were not as easy to navigate.
Alison
  • Branche: Philanthropie

Persistent Issues/High Turn-Over

Bewertet am 4.7.2018

Their sales is excellent and they will sell you what they have while telling you they can make anything else work as they started as a "tech company." Be warned however, you never actually get to talk to a "tech person" if you have issues with their system and therefore, nothing ever changes. They also have a lot of turn-over and it appears that they lose their quality representatives to promotions and seemingly do not have incentive for those quality employees to stay in the representative positions. Those left to support the customer are typically very new and/or entirely unpleasant to work with. If you see exactly what they have during the sales pitch and it works for you, this company could work well for your payroll needs! I would highly discourage any employer from using this company if you have employees that work outside of typical daytime work hours. I do not have confidence that they are willing or able to fix some of the detrimental payroll issues that we are experiencing.

There are a lot of options that you can decide to use with Paylocity and like other reviewers, we were really impressed with the report options and capabilities when we were interviewing payroll companies.

We were definitely sold on a lot of options that we are necessary for us to run a smooth, effective and correct payroll but many of those have turned out not to be true. I'll describe out top three persistent, unresolved issues.

For starters, we have employees the work overnight shifts and the way Paylocity time sheets are set up is that if you work an overnight, all of your hours fall on the day you clocked in. This is a huge issue at the end of the week when employees would get paid for overtime in that week if we didn't manually adjust their time sheets to split the shift at midnight. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly prevent incorrect payment of overtime. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors and Paylocity has failed to mitigate this issue at every chance.

Secondly, some of our employees receive a shift differential if they work certain hours. Paylocity reportedly has a set up for this that "works at other companies" but in our experience, it is a serious disaster. Their code/rule/setup does not catch the correct hours for adding the differentials and does one of six things:
1. It does not add the differential at all
2. It adds the differential to some, but not all, of the correct hours
3. It adds the differential to hours that it does not apply to
4. It adds a double differential and on rare occasion a 1.5 differential
5. It adds random dollar amounts at the differential rate with no corresponding hours
6. It occasionally pays all of the hours correctly for one or two employees per payroll

To sum this up, we have to review ever employee and manually adjust these calculations. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly pay our employees. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors. Paylocity has also failed to mitigate this issue at every chance.

Lastly, we have been with Paylocity for almost exactly 2 years and are now working with our sixth company rep who can guarantees, like all the others, that they will solve this issue. There has been one attempt at resolving the issues that

• Branche: Personalwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Well-rounded HRIS

Bewertet am 20.2.2024

I've had many employees mention how easy the platform is to use. I, myself, enjoy the ease of set up and administration. Especially when it comes to implementing NEW modules, the team has been great.

It can me almost TOO many options. But, for a certain size company, I can see the additional options becoming more important.

Madison

Better than most HR Systems for the price

Bewertet am 2.12.2021

Overall, I truly like using Paylocity and feel that it is much more user friendly for both employees and admins. I would definitely recommend Paylocity to my peers in HR.

I use Paylocity for onboarding, employee record management, benefits, payroll, reporting and status changes (LOAs, terms, etc.) Paylocity's features can do almost everything that an HR team would need, with only a few lapses that we hope they can improve. The service team is easy to reach and pretty knowledgeable/helpful. Additionally, I assisted with implementation of the product, and I feel that it was pretty smooth and easy to do compared to other HRIS's I've assisted with implementing.

There are only a couple cons with the software, which are really more of "nice to haves" rather than necessitates. One being that the system does not allow for bulk imports of certain information past implementation. We recently discovered we wanted to start tracking something in the system, and without the ability to bulk import it we had to enter everything manually. Additionally, there are random glitches that the service team is working to resolve, like issues with requesting time off on the App and tracking employee documents in the system. I hope that these issues will be resolved soon.

Karen
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

Good HR and Payroll System

Bewertet am 28.7.2021

Overall, we are happy with Paylocity; however, there are a few things, like I mentioned earlier that seem a little behind the times.

I find the reporting feature to be robust because the reports available contain all of the information I need to report on. E.G., Date of Hire, Supervisor name, employee list, payroll data.

The paid time off balance information really needs to improve. Currently, employees don't see any accrued or used PTO until the next payperiod (semi-monthly). Employees would like to see their balance in real time.

Namely, Paychex Flex und Paycor

Warum Paylocity gewählt wurde

Paychex was a little behind on upgrades, reporting, different modules communicating/working together. We needed more.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paylocity

We selected Paylocity because the pricing structure was better for us and it seemed to be a more current/modern system.
Kendall
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

One central hub for all HR-related needs

Bewertet am 14.7.2023

Paylocity overcomes the problem of disjointed HR procedures by centralizing them under one roof. This increases efficiency and decreases ambiguity. Additionally, the mobile access capability allows us to operate from anywhere, greatly increasing our adaptability.

The intuitive layout of Paylocity streamlines daily operations. Complex procedures like payroll and human resources administration are simplified. In addition, it provides me with in-depth reports that inform my judgment.

It's not easy to adjust Paylocity so that it meets all of my company's requirements. Due to its generalizability, it doesn't always mesh with our processes.

Jerrica
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Quick and Painless

Bewertet am 17.7.2023

Access to everyone's records and time make it easy to work with multiple people at the same time on getting an issue solved. The physical time clock is great for all the employees to use. Correction was quick and easy for any clocking in error or HR issue. The transition of data from the other payroll software was done perfectly.

The issue of the first set up was terrible. We had a team to help us transition and get the set up for the system changed about three times before we could actually move forward. Running reports can also be hassle if you are looking for something specific.

Tasha
  • Branche: Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Paylocity is a great tool to use!!!

Bewertet am 30.12.2023

My overall experience with Paylocity has been great!

My overall experience with Paylocity has been great!

I really like the trainings that Paylocity offers.

Some of the trainings that paylocity offers seems to repeat a lot of the same information over and over again.

• Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Very good for HR management

Bewertet am 3.3.2023

In general, it is a good program for managing human resource operations, providing training at the beginning of operation, and giving ease of work.

An excellent platform for managing human resources in companies, the vacation management application is wonderful, many improvements have been made to it, any employee can be added to this program easily, it helps a lot in issuing and tracking data easily.

The customer support team should respond more quickly to customer requests, the payroll application should be improved.

Autumn
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Paylocity is a game changer

Bewertet am 16.2.2021

This software has transformed how we work as an HR team. Further, it has made day to day processes easier and put data in the hands of leaders quickly, where in the past both things would have been highly time consuming and often paper based.

Everything? We are using time and attendance, payroll, benefits administration, learning, surveys, applicant tracking, and onboarding. We also use data insights frequently. If I had to pick a favorite right now, it would be learning (the LMS), as we have used that a great deal over the past year of working and training as a remote workforce.

None that I can think of. When we have had an issue, the support team is quickly able to address the issue and we are always seeing system improvements.

Paycom, UKG Pro und ADP Workforce Now

Warum Paylocity gewählt wurde

Needed a system more agile for use in higher education and which could meet our new progressive HR team where they are now and in the future.

Dayforce HCM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paylocity

Agility, functionality, progressive orientation, pricing, and prior positive experiences on this software.
Lisa
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, end users have been impressed

Bewertet am 16.2.2021

The end user employees are able to take care of most questions and issues themselves through the Self Service Portal. Our semi-monthly payroll entry is simple. Like how the recruiting information for a new employee rolls over to onboarding and HR seamlessly.

There are some processes that aren't intuitive. For example, setting up HSA bank accounts for individual employees. The integration with our benefits software is a little buggy. There have been errors and I still have to go into our benefits system to make sure terminations and new employees are rolling over.

ADP Workforce Now und Paycor

Warum Paylocity gewählt wurde

ADP product with all the features of Paylocity was extremely expensive compared to Paylocity. ADP is still asking us to switch back but their "best" price is out of range for us.

RUN Powered by ADP

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paylocity

Price for some and more comprehensive than others.
Jen
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette

Happy Customer

Bewertet am 4.5.2021

No system is perfect, but we are overall happy with Paylocity. They have multiple modules that we just keep adding on that make connecting with employees and having one system for multiple aspects of the business very easy.

Paylocity is easy to use for users. I love that the company is always improving the software and values feedback. Our account manager is always helpful. I manage payroll and Paylocity makes it very easy to complete and I love how there are so many things that integrate with the system. For instance, our 401(k) provider connects, as well as the benefits module.

The reporting is not very user-friendly for what we use it for, especially expense reports. But overall they are always making improvements and asking for feedback, which makes me hopeful that the reports will improve more.

Michelle
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Best Company I've worked with in a long time!

Bewertet am 10.5.2021

Great!

Great!

Paylocity has an amazing support team. When I need something, I call and someone is there to help me immediately. I never have to wait on hold or for a call back. Very user friendly!

The implementation was rough, that was three years ago, so maybe things have changed, but I was over promised and underdeliverd. The sales team needs to work better to truly understand all the things the systems can and can't do

Warum Paylocity gewählt wurde

ADP customer service sucked! And their system isn't user friendly

ADP Workforce Now

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paylocity

Better options for me and the needs of our organization
Kristen
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Paylocity Review

Bewertet am 22.2.2021

Overall, I love Paylocity. I implemented Paylocity at my old employer and when I switched job, I implemented the new employer to Paylocity too.

The best part of this software is how user friendly it is. I also really like the customer service. Having my own designated representative is very important to me and saves a lot of time. We utilize a lot of the features of this software and really don't have any complaints. Whenever there is something that needs improvement, you can request an enhancement and the team will look into fixing it.

I wish there was the ability to quickly calculate time off balances on the employee screen while including approved PTO requests in the future. There are a few things in the performance dashboard that I didn't love, however I am hoping to get these resolved before next year with help from the Paylocity team.

Anne
  • Branche: Maschinerie

Paylocity makes HR processes painless

Bewertet am 16.2.2021

The integration of their modules make it easy to track employee participation and completion. I love having a digital record of all HR processes - compensation, performance reviews, training, tax documents, etc. Less paper in the employee file. The information is readily available to associate's who are able to ask relevant questions to HR.

I love the suite of integrated platforms. The work flow from Applicant Tracking to Hiring to Web Benefits. It all fits together and makes daily tasks so much easier.

It was a challenge to get the COBRA file information flowing to the carriers from Web Benefits.
It is difficult to make a change to submitted time off requests. The entire entry must be deleted instead of allowing for modifications.

Warum Paylocity gewählt wurde

Paychex software was challenging. We did not have the full suite of products which lead to some disjointed processes. The benefits software was challenging and difficult to use.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paylocity

Paylocity was a full cycle suite of HR software modules that allowed for the seamless flow of data. It makes every day tasks easier to track and process.
Cheryl
  • Branche: Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen

Paylocity our trusted partner

Overall very positive. Implementation went very smoth

Overall very positive. Implementation went very smoth

Comprehensive HRIS system. We use for payroll, benefits, onboarding and time & attendance. Mobile app is good.

I can't think of anything at the moment.

UKG Pro und Paychex Flex

Warum Paylocity gewählt wurde

Paycom could not work with our 37.5 hour workweek. Our payroll analyst had to manually change all hourly from 80 hours per pay period to 75.

Bandwidth and cost
Tom
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Paylocity User 5+ years

Bewertet am 26.10.2021

The system works well once configured properly and its price point is strong; the system has a broad set of capabilities to meet a wide range of needs however implementing these various solutions can be frustrating as the customer support model is, in my opinion, flawed. A single point of contact is assigned however anything involving system changes or functional additions requires the issue be assigned to an 'internal team' where queues tend to be extremely long.

The product has excellent, though not intuitive, report writing capabilities.

Implementation was a challenge; platform has week customer support often taking days, or even weeks, to have issues resolved when they crop up. The system is complex, as most powerful systems are, and finding employees with experience with the platform is difficult.

Sharon
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Paylocity consistently meets our needs and provides support when needed.

Bewertet am 22.2.2021

I found HR & Payroll so unbelievably easy to use that we soon added the user friendly Time & Attendance module, later, the Expenses. We delayed adding Expenses because they did not yet have the Proxy setup. As soon as they got that going, which decreased the time we spent on expenses reimbursements by more than two thirds. When Covid shut our office down last March, I was so glad I was already established with Paylocity and had already begun to look into more features. We were able to quickly add Onboarding, Performance Management, and Benefits Enterprise, so we transitioned pretty seamlessly to a remote working. Impressions are a big hit with all of our employees. Great way to hand out kudos.

The thing I love most about Paylocity is having all the various modules that make my work life easier. We transitioned our payroll to Paylocity in 2015 because our service at the time did not have ACA compliance capability. The ACA compliance was the most important feature, and it continues to be something I rely on. We have since added many other features, all of which solve our business needs.

The one complaint I have about Paylocity is that I cannot impersonate a user. I don't know what users see on their screens and that makes it difficult for me to walk them through any processes, especially now that I cannot just walk over to their desk.

Warum Paylocity gewählt wurde

Many reasons, but mostly because they had no ACA Compliance capability

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Paylocity

Same features but much lower price.
Colleen
  • Branche: Bibliotheken

Paylocity rocks!

Bewertet am 4.5.2021

Overall, it's great to have everything in one place and to have the different modules interact with each other. Much easier than previous products we've used!

I love the idea of having almost all of the aspects of my job in one place! For the most part, the software is easy to use. The Impressions in the Self-Service section is used by our staff for our annual awards, as well as, a way to say good things about your co-workers. Paylocity ROCKS!!!

Onboarding can be a bit difficult to use. I had to send the link 3 times for our last new employee because it wouldn't let her in. It's not as instinctual as I'd like.

Warum Paylocity gewählt wurde

Ease of use, interactivity & cost.

See above
Tina

Paylocity Rating

Bewertet am 6.5.2021

Time and Efficiency Savers:
1)We were able to go from a paper based evaluation process to an...

Time and Efficiency Savers:
1)We were able to go from a paper based evaluation process to an electronic based process with Paylocity.
2) We we able to go from a paper expense report to an electronic based process where the expense flowed automatically from employee to supervisor to their paycheck.
3) ACA reporting is handled by Paylocity.
4) Benefits Open Enrollment is now electronic with Paylocity. The employee elections, changes, deletions, all flow from HR directly to the carriers. No more having to log-in to various carrier portals to make these changes.
5) File feeds are big time saver.
6) We saved money on employee training courses by using the training courses offer by Paylocity.
7) Paylocity offers many compliance dashboards that saves time and money as it flags errors in real time.

1) You have a dedicated Account Manager.
2) I have worked with a few payroll companies during my HR tenure and Paylocity by far is the best product on the market. It is so user friendly. Employees love it because it is easy to use, it has a mobile app, and anything they need related to payroll and benefits is in one place.
3) Transferring from our old payroll company to Paylocity was an easy transition. Paylocity provides you with a dedicate account manager for payroll and time entry. The do all the work.
4) Compliance with Paylocity cannot get an easier. There are Compliance Dashboards, ACA Reporting Dashboards, Year End Reporting Dashboards. Everything is configured in the system and ready for your review in each of the Dashbaords.
5) Paylocity has the most user friendly Reporting feature I've seen in any product. Lots of standard reports. Easy to use custom reporting featuring.
6) Lots of module that you add as you need, Perf Mgmt, Expenses, Recruting, On-Boarding, to name a few.
7) Performance Mgmt module is so easy to set and customize to your needs. Employees loved using it. It includes a Journal feature that the managers can keep notes throughout the year.

No Cons. I've used other payroll companies in the past, Paylocity far exceeds all of them.

Ean
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Fantastic all in one

Bewertet am 28.4.2020

Overall, now that everything is set up and correct, we couldn't be happier with the system. It does everything we need, plus some, and it's an all in one portal instead of having to log into 5 or 6 different systems all the time. The employees love it also since they can access everything they need in one place as well.

This combines several different services together in one place. Recruiting, HRIS, payroll, timekeeping, and even benefit admin are all in one system. Using one database for all of these systems, there is no repeat of data entry, which lowers the opportunity for mistakes dramatically. The employees have access to their own profile and can make changes and view their paystubs and tax documents at their leisure. Getting rid of the multiple different service providers saved us a bunch of money at the same time.

Implementation of a new system always has its issues, but the implementation team for our job seemed a little inept. There were several mistakes made that took quite a bit of time (both my team's and their's) to fix.

QuickBooks Time
Jorge
Jorge
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Payroll and Employee management made simple.

Bewertet am 19.5.2023

The overall experience is satisfactory and exciting for future things to come on live.

I like the overall functionality and user friendly capabilities. Mobile app is great

There is still much room for improvement on expansion but that’s with anyone and anything.

Warum Paylocity gewählt wurde

Cost and reporting limitation on paychex

Cost and functionality
Collin
Collin
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Solid Payroll Platform for Small to Medium Size Businesses

Bewertet am 13.12.2018

If you are a small to medium size business, this could be a great vendor for you. However, if you predict growing to a large enterprise level company down the road, it may be best to consider other vendors who can scale with you.

In our experience, we outgrew Paylocity's functionality, and its system limitations caused us to move to another vendor. That is not to the fault of Paylocity however; I'm sure Facebook doesn't use Quickbooks!

Payroll platform is fairly robust compared to other systems targeting the small/medium size business demographic.

Customer support and Reporting Suite is above average. I never had any problems with working with them at a company with around 150 employees.

Cloud-based system is fast and nimble. Year end process was fairly painless.

Can handle high-frequency payroll (we process weekly). Low processing time from pay period end to payday (Next day).

Pricing is competitive!

The software is comprised as modules. Not an all in one solution out of the box. We utilized the HRIS and Payroll modules of Paylocity. I prefered the Payroll system over the HRIS, which seemed to be more of an afterthought.

Implementation and support quality is not the best I've seen compared to other vendors.

We ultimately transitioned to a larger payroll vendor with more robust functionality once our company grew to about 250 employees and do not regret it.

Kerri
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Easy Payroll for Smaller Business

Bewertet am 3.11.2022

Overall, our experience has been positive. In the 18 months that I have been at this company, however, we have had 4 different sales people assigned to us. Each time there is a change, they reach out to try to upsell us additional products that we do not need. I have had the same conversations several times, as the notes do not seem to transfer from one account rep to the next. Our team has also received several solicitations from Paylocity, as our legal name (which is on our account) is not the same as our dba.

Paylocity is a user-friendly system. The Employee Self-Service interface is easy for the employees to use. It is easy to add new employees and process the payroll. The system also directly interfaces with our benefits provider, so our new hire and open enrollment processes are seamlessly integrated with little to no adjustments on my part. The system is a la carte, so you don't need to implement products that you don't need.

The issue resolution process could be better. We are assigned a dedicated Service team member (and appropriate backup), so all requests go through them. In some cases, Service can handle the request quickly, but some take significant time and escalation. They also act as a go-between for the Tax team, so something as simple as updating an Unemployment Tax Rate can often be delayed.