David M.
Mit Google übersetzen

The name of the software says it all.

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, I find Simple Practice to be just that, simple. It has all manner of features that I do not employ nor does it force me to jump through hoops I don't require. I might well use some of the bells and whistles at some point but the ease of doing just what I need to do in minimal time is it's major selling point for my practice.

The EHR is simple, uncomplicated, and lets me get my work documented without fuss or having to click through various pages to record progress notes. Also, the names in the calendar appear as first, and last, as opposed to some gibberish assigned to each patient that I am forced to remember as my former EHR software required.

The setting of the appointment time I find to be clunky. It defaults to the current time, which means I have to scroll to the correct time when I make an appointment for the patient. Yes, a minor issue but I wish there was some other way to ascribe an appointment time. I frequently return appointment requests in the evening. having the calendar time default to a PM time is a minor issue but I'm not fond of it. A minor quibble, but I need to be careful or I schedule someone for 8:00 PM when it should have been a morning appointment. I'll get used to it I am sure.

Erin F.
Untern. Größe: 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Mit Google übersetzen

A step in the right direction for our group practice.

Bewertet am 27.11.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

So far, very excited, very pleased with your customer service and overall happy that we made the jump from three separate software over to one. Please see the comments above, in regard to your calendar which -- is the main criticism for your software. I would be happy to follow up on my ideas via email.

The overall cost for simple practice technically isn't saving us any money, but it is saving lots of time.

I love how FAST and transparent the claims billing and processing experience is. It takes just moments to file and send information out to insurance companies. Whereas we used to have to manually work back and forth from various accounts when using our previous EHR program.

I love the reporting features. We can cut out having to manually track information in excel sheets because Simple Practice makes it available to us at any time. This helps us to track claims, understand our financials and to keep on target with our clients' copays and claims.

The dropdown menus featured, to pull up information on a specific clinician, and pull up their practice information, clients and more is SUCH a great feature for managing our group practice.

Did I mention, that sending claims is easier than ever? - this ease alone is what has me and my team jumping for joy.

I don't like your calendar. This is where things seem to go awry for myself and our clinicians. I think that you guys would benefit by updating and creating a much more user-friendly experience with more control and detail from the calendar.

Before making the change to Simple Practice, our office utilized and paid for Acuity Scheduling. While we totally understand that things would naturally be different from one program to the other, we were, and continue to be baffled and very confused with your calendar programming. Especially using it as a group practice.

The calendar is very unorganized, there really is no detail and it technically takes us 2-3 minutes longer to schedule new clients because you do not offer a drop-down box or mini-calendar to select from in order to see available times. I also cannot stand, the way that when you click in an availble slot in the day view, it defaults to the very minute -- 60 minute sessions need to begin on the hour, and when we are selecting the date, we are having to correct it from " 5:15 pm" to "5:00 pm".

Managing therapists schedules is also a pain. I would like to see an overhaul to your calendar that features new availability designation, new appointment selection, and one that works based on the times and hours that each therapist states for their own schedule. I want to see more control int he calendar.

End request: Create a much better, user friendly calendar!

Nicolais C.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great software - could use some simple features

Bewertet am 1.11.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Good. Some key features that I wish were present with billing graphics and information, which I mentioned in the cons section. If these upgrades/changes could be made, I would rate SimplePractice as excellent.

I love the editable notes/forms and the online access! Client portal is also more streamlined and user friendly compared to competitors. Reports are nice and helpful for the most part. Free text and voice are nice (however you pay the difference with the higher cost of claim submission compared to competitors).

The billing tabs are difficult to understand as they don’t seem to be graphically easy to understand where each invoice is being applied. Looking quickly at the billing tab, it looks as if I have twice as many invoices than I actually need and some invoices, invoice for a zero balance (or even before an insurance payment is made). This makes the billing harder to understand than some of SimplePractice’s top competitors. Also, I wish the reports would show overall totals of figures (I.e. insurance payments owed, client balances owed, etc.). These features allow me to look quickly at client balances and billing and get an idea of where billing sits very quickly, and again, is a feature with competitors. Being a one man office right now, theses features save valuable time and seem like easy fixes to the system. I also wish Simple Practice had phone support - just for the fact that time is valuable and I don’t want to wait to resolve an question.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 7.0/10

C laire M.
Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Big Help for Small Practice

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I really appreciate the automatic reminders to clients, especially those who may not come in weekly. It saves me a great deal of hassle for them to get the reminder and cancel well ahead of time if they need to rather than belatedly notifying me the day of the appointment. I have so far only billed one insurance company using SP but assume it will be equally as easy for others. That alone is well worth the price. Having the option to create treatment plans is also nice as is their offering of a HIPAA compliant platform for telehealth since that keeps me from having to find a third party to host those sessions. Overall, my experience has been very positive.

Simple Practice makes it really easy to get intake paperwork done quickly and in a HIPAA compliant manner. You can set up payment information on the site and easily bill insurance providers, something that typically strikes dread in the hearts of therapists. In fact, when I first started to take insurance and was at a complete loss, one of my colleagues asked, "Are you using Simple Practice?" The site also provides a way to contact clients confidentially by sending them a message with a link to their client portal and has a feature I'm about to try for the first time, a secure platform for telehealth. Clients can request appointments online and are sent appointment reminders automatically. It also offers a treatment plan option and probably has many other features that I haven't used yet. Support is good and they offer webinars and seem to always be looking for ways to improve and innovate. I choose Simple Practice after reading about a variety of options and I'm glad I did. They take a lot of work out of having a private practice and help therapists streamline their practices. I highly recommend.

It took me a few frustrating attempts to learn how to navigate the site (but they do offer many training tips). There are many things I still don't understand and haven't bothered to learn. I doubt that I am really taking advantage of all the site offers perhaps because some of the processes seem to be a little too complicated. But again, it may be a user issue rather than a platform one and I'm not what one would call a "sophisticated" consumer of tech.

Jennifer W.

Satisfied with Current Services and Optimistic about Future Improvements

Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The primary reason I am using Simple Practice is for the insurance billing capabilities so I can make my life easier and not hire a biller.

I love the overnight billing with auto-pay and the entirely digital intake and consent forms.

I have encountered issues when trying to create insurance claims. Additionally, it is a bit pricey considering the fact that many of the offered services can be achieved through GSuite for $6 a month for HIPAA protected documentation and intake forms, and through Square Appointments (a service that comes free when Square is utilized for fee collection).

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 6.0/10

Braden D.

Excellent software, simple design

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall it is the best software solution that I was able to find and I tested quite a few. The only other one that came close at a comparable price was Therapy Appointment but I found Simple Practice to be overall better. I do like it and really hope that they constantly improve the software to include the things I mentioned above. If they do then I do not see myself leaving Simple Practice for a long time.

For me the best feature of this software is the online integration such as the client portal, the syncing with my google calendar, the video appointment capability, online scheduling, online bill payment, texting feature, automatic appointment reminders and easy online access to my EHR. I also like the simple modern design - this is what initially attracted me to simple practice. I have had good experience with customer service. Sometimes chat has been available but other times I've had to email them (but I wish chat was always available).

I want more customization capability. Such as customizing what the client portal looks like (graphic design of the portal is lacking). Also would like to better customize the reminder and welcome emails, such as by being able to use rich text formatting. I would like to be able to customize discreet data fields in the EHR, such as being able to edit my demographics form to include things I want to track. And also be able to have discreet custom data fields such as to keep track of PHQ-9 scores or other biometric data I want to be able to track over time.

I would also like to have faxing built into the software because I work closely with medical providers and this is their primary way of communicating with other providers.

Also wish they would offer a different credit card processing vendor because Stripe is one of the most expensive ones I compared.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Thank you for your positive review, Braden. We're glad that SimplePractice is the solution you chose for your practice. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Heather K.

Not Bad, but I miss Epic

Bewertet am 8.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

So far, I've only created templates, added clients, and input insurance information. I'm moving on to billing next week so I'll know more then.

I would add that I really appreciated the half-hour in-person tutorial (via zoom) I received near the end of my trial period.

There are many things I like about this EMR: the format is pleasing and (mostly) intuitive, the side bars are handy, and the trove of FAQ's and videos is astounding and often very helpful.

The templates limit the user to certain forms and give fairly small boxes for narrative responses. I used to use EPIC and I miss being able to populate an open page with my template and add/adjust it as desired, like a Word document.

I also wish the calendar allowed for more detail--like, a different color for intakes vs follow-up appointments would be really nice. Or, there could be a code before the client's name in the calendar slot--like, 'I - Jane Doe' and 'F - John Doe'.

I also wish that the end time of the appts was more clear. I like to schedule a 15 min break between my appts and the "Weekly" view is definitely better than the "monthly" view for this, but still not as clear as I would like.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Heather, thank you for your positive review. We're glad that you've found a lot to like about SimplePractice. We're always working on improving SimplePractice to streamline your workflows even further - thank you for your suggestions of what you'd like to see in SimplePractice in the future. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Geoff G.
Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
Mit Google übersetzen

Seamless transition, works exactly as described

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

- Seamless transition from prior electronic medical record (EMR) to SimplePractice. Just great.
- Everything works, and loads fast
- UI is clear, intuitive
- Features work really well, including the videoconferencing add-on. Just really great!

Bottom line: It works exactly as described, was easy to set up, and really is a joy to use. Seriously.

I have not found something I didn’t like yet. I have been using it for a few days since I set it up this week, and everything is working really well! No problems.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Geoff, welcome to the SimplePractice Community. We're glad that your transition to SimplePractice was seamless, and that you enjoy using our all-in-one practice management platform. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Michelle H.
Mit Google übersetzen

Super Easy for Solo Practitioners. Need Some Work for Group Practice Use.

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

In spite of the cons noted above (and I could have written more), Simple Practice is VERY good software and would actually kill the game so to speak if they fixed some of the flaws noted above as well as improving customer service. While I do like that why have not outsourced customer service to a foreign country like many others, the lack of phone support can be rather irritating. No one wants to send emails back and forth to resolve issues,

Simple Practice really is super easy for the average user. It has a modern look and feel. In less than 60 seconds (52 seconds to be exact) you and create a new client, schedule and send intake forms to be electronically signed. Overall the system is pretty intuitive. I love that you can create your own document and forms. The template creator is fairly easy. I also like that clients can "request" an appointment, which I can approve or deny. Finally, the calendar has very robust features (even better than 'many' of the scheduling apps). Also this comment isnt about the software per se but about the company-- I truly appreciate the they encourage feedback and suggestions from their subscribers and take action on 'some' of the suggestions.

Simple Practice takes a really long time to get enrollments with Medicaid & Medicare. They blame CMS but even CMS says it doesn't take months to get approved to bill though a clearinghouse (Yes, I know SP is not a clearinghouse). Secondary billing with is an absolutely nightmare. You literally have to do it manually--as in printing and mailing. I'm not really sure why but every single client I have with secondary insurance billing section is messed up. Allocating payments appropriately is a mystery and there is a 'special' way you have to do it which Ive never been able to grasp. The end result is no client with secondary insurance has a zero balance. Treatment Plans do not have electronic signatures, which is a great disappointment. While there is a template builder, it's not intended for Treatment Plans only Progress Notes. Technically you can create an ITP of your own liking but in order to see your ITP goals/objectives to write your notes, you MUST use one of their templates (creating double work). Simple Practice is now being marketed for use for Group Practices. I was disappointed to learn that if you have Interns or Intermediate/Pre-Licensed Clinicians while you can review and sign their notes, there is not notification of any kind. This mean the Intern/Pre-Licensed Clinicians would need to email the Supervisor which client notes to read either daily or weekly--which is simply ridiculous.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Michelle, thank you for your comprehensive review. We're glad to support your practice with our best-in-class practice management platform. We're constantly working on improving our platform, as you've pointed out in our review, and are looking forward to improving our functionality around secondary claims, documentation, and group practices. Thanks for being our customer over the years. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Victoria F.

Best Scope of Functionality for Price Out There

Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love all that I can do with Simple Practice. I was looking for a service that can house my client documents for my in-person private practice, teletherapy practice, and coaching business all in one. It makes the onboarding/intake process for new clients so streamlined and easy. It's so nice to have one less thing to worry about as a new small business owner. Customer support has been excellent. It feels great knowing I'll have help if I need it for something so essential to my business.

Sometimes it's not that simple to use! But I think it speaks more to the breadth of options available than to the software itself. There's so much I could do with it, at times it is overwhelming.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Victoria, we appreciate your glowing review. Our goal is to support practices like yours so they can grow and thrive. Thanks for choosing SimplePractice as your all-in-one practice management platform. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Casey C.
Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
Mit Google übersetzen

Overall great software that could use a few improvements

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, I have been happy with Simple Practice. I wanted a place I could handle paperwork, notes, billing, scheduling, and secure video and messaging--this has got it all. It's priced fairly, and so far has been more consistent than more expensive competitors. The support staff is helpful and quick to respond, but I would like to see clients have direct support access so that I am not having to be a middle person when they have technical issues. (I was told they try to limit client contact for privacy reasons, but with a BAA and informed consent in place, I don't see how privacy would be an issue.) The biggest change I would like to see is for clients to be able to upload and send documents. This is something I'd imagine multiple users would appreciate as many of us are offering telehealth and need to have a copy of each client's ID. Also, it would be more convenient for providers if clients could access their demographics so that the provider is not responsible for making changes whenever they'd like to opt in/out of text or email alerts. Finally, I'd like to see the consent documents moved out of the client portal and with the other forms so they are more easily accessible for updating.

Mostly user-friendly, responsive and helpful customer support, customizable templates, clear video, easy client onboarding and billing, great value for the price

Placement of consent documents is awkward and not intuitive. I would like the client to be able to send documents to me, access tech support, and change their demographic info and opt in/out choices.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Hi Casey, thanks for your positive review, and for calling SimplePractice a great value for the price. We're proud to provide an excellent product at a great value to private practices everywhere. Welcome to our community. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Lisa e G.
Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Does a lot.

Bewertet am 25.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Good overall. The one other thing I would like to mention is that you can’t get a live help from Tech support in real time. You can “attend” virtual classes, sign up for live classes (which I haven’t done. Time thing) and if you have a question, you can submit it to a chat community (not helpful, not enough docs so they responses are non-relevant) or you submit an email to technical support and they write back. Here’s the catch. You have to respond to their response right away or if you miss the 2; hour window they consider your request “satisfied” and they move in. My suggestion would be to hire more live real time tech support. And if you want to add physicians, consider adding eprescribe and a lab interface. Just my suggestions. There are lots of reasons to not cater to doctors, but if Simple Practice would want to do that, a few small fixes could make this a very usable and more complete package.

Nice and plain in a lot of ways yet let’s you do these things:
Set up your own intake forms, diagnostic codes, billing forms, scheduling, a secure patient portal so when patients contact you, you can send them a secure link they can use to sign your consent forms, pay you using a credit card which you don’t have to handle, schedule a session, and do a telehealth visit in a secure HIPAA compliant way. There is also a way to do billing so bills can be submitted to an insurance company.

Simple practice is designed for mental health professionals and non-MD’s mainly, so as a psychiatrist, it does MOST but NOT ALL of the things I need for a telepsych practice. For example, I cannot e-prescribe, order labs or review lab results using simple practice. But that’s okay. They never claimed it could be used for this. So I am still getting off the ground with my own practice and will probably just use some work arounds such as writing paper scripts for now, and this is fine unless I get a patient who needs clozaril, lithium or delante, at which time I will need to get lab ordering and reviewing capabilities from somewhere else. So the thing is this. Simple Practice does a lot of things. For a psychotherapist non-prescriber, it would pretty much do everything you could ever want a platform to do. For a psychiatrist, it hits about 2/3 of the total function domain needed. For internal medicine, family medicine or endocrinology I would definitely recommend doing something else. They make no claims to physician specific and the main reason I picked it is for the telehealth and the billing simplification and the collect payment without touching money feature.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Lisa, thanks for your positive SimplePractice review. We¿re glad that SimplePractice is working for your telepsyche practice - you can always submit suggestions to our team on how to improve SimplePractice even more at simplepractice.uservoice.com.

Nadirah M.
Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen
Mit Google übersetzen

Now that I experineced it for myself-Telehealth (Therapy) Not as scary and awakard it sounded!

Bewertet am 28.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

First, I am still learning the software, yet from my experience, I believe I will keep it. I am not shopping around for another one. The support is helpful, daily update and reminders that help keep me organized. At some time, I will add the calendar to my website. For now, the software lives up to it name in that it is a simple practice. When I rented office space, I had to be there to meet my client and some would cancel at the last moment. Now, I set the reminders, phone, email, text... and if I client doesn't show, after I have braved the traffic and rushed across town to get to the office, sitting and waiting and wondering if the client will show, I don't feel that I wasted time, gas and frustrated because the client did not call to cancel hours or days before. I really like my online office. I thought it would feel distant and cold...so far, the online face-to-face still feel personal. I also like that the system meet HIPPA and my state requirements.

I like the ease of scheduling appointments without having to complete lots of training of how to do so. I appreciate the stripe credit card system that is built into the software as this was one concern I had of accepting payments from client. I like the video conferencing and the fact that live training is offered and I actually get to see the people behind the scene as opposed to email. My inquiry to customer support turn around time was a reasonable and issue resolved. I love the fact the I can send a client a paid invoice immediately, after accepting credit card payment over the phone...thank goodness less paperwork. I really love all of the forms clients need to complete are available...ease of writing progress notes, etc...

I am still learning to use the software and got confused when I accepted payment the first time, and not certain if I needed to accept stripe versus manual credit card. I accepted manual credit card and had to make a correction. Each client recent activity is a running list and it would be nice if all activity were grouped under the client name. For example, when I click the client name, I see all activity that took place versus a running list of the same client name numerous times and activity. I wish that I could change the portal name. It appears once decided on a name, it is a url and locked, no changes afterward.

Hi Nadirah,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. We are so happy to hear that our Telehealth feature is working so well for your practice, and that reminders have helped your clients show up for their appointments on time. With respect to your comments about the Activity logs and your practice URL, we can provide more assistance here. Please reach out to us with an email request by clicking the orange 'Help' button in the bottom left corner of your account, or by following this link: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We look forward to hearing from you.

- Natasha from SimplePractice

Mit Google übersetzen

Still learning, but loving it!

Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It is obvious that a great deal of thoughtful consideration has gone into the development of this software. While there elements that I would like to see incorporated as a matter of convenience, there are absolutely no deal breakers here! I do have much to learn, but I feel confident that I made the choice for my private practice. Try the free month ~ be impressed!

It's only fair to say that I still have many things to learn! I've not experienced the insurance side of things yet, and that's a beast all its own. That said...
I find the online "How To" articles helpful and easy to follow. The videos are also helpful most of the time. I have not attempted to reach a person by phone, however, mostly b/c I've not needed to (yet).

Being cloud based was an absolute must.

Love the intuitive and attractive visual interface!

The Client Portal has been easy to incorporate into the company website, and clients find it easy to use. I like being able to initiate the intake process immediately with a client who requests an appointment.

Super like the reminders that help me keep up with what needs to be completed. It has also been helpful to receive an email of my agenda for the day.

Having the flexibility to modify forms or create my own is awesome! It took me some time to understand how, but I got it.

I prefer structure when I'm just learning how to navigate new software. It is helpful to me to have "How To" guides in an order that leads me through necessary processes. I found myself wondering if I'd completed everything required in a process, was there a tab I hadn't discovered, etc. Having a check list, an order, some sort of structure to remove the mystery as I acclimated would have been reassuring.

Color coding features would be helpful to differentiate between clinicians, insurance companies, etc.

I find the mobile app to be difficult to navigate. Attempting to schedule clients or see what is available is cumbersome. I've since synced the calendar with Google, and that appears to be working more smoothly.

It would be wonderful if there was a way to connect local SP users. I've had questions come up that a user more seasoned than myself could likely answer in five minutes....versus the hour or more I spent chasing rabbits.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Thanks so much for your positive review. We have a thriving community of SimplePractice customers - most likely in your local area - on our Community Forum at community.simplepractice.com and in our Facebook community at facebook.com/groups/simplepractice. We're here to help - thanks for choosing SimplePractice.

Lisa V.
Mit Google übersetzen

Overall, a well-designed and easy-to-use EMR

Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This software keeps me organized, allows me to keep my patient information secure, integrates scheduling/billing/documentation in one place, and offers an app that is well coordinated with the full desktop experience.

The design of the software is clean and intuitive, not just the portion experienced by clinicians but also the patient/client portal. I found it easy to create my own templates and appreciate the ability to import the prior note to edit it for each session rather than having to start anew each time I meet with someone. Scheduling both by desktop and by app are very easy to use, allowing to set up repeat appointments. I appreciate the ease of generating superbills and invoices, changing charges and correcting them, and the option of manual inputs of payment if you choose not to use the integrated credit card payment system (Stripe).
I really appreciate the option of "privacy mode" so that patient's full names are not displayed on my calendar.
The 30-day trial was very helpful for ensuring that I was getting what I hoped I was and it was nice to be able to try both the essential and the professional features to figure out which plan made more sense for my practice.

1. I think others have mentioned the irritation of not being able to contact someone directly for customer support. Emailing is fine, it's not a huge deal, but it just creates delays with issues that I think could be worked out quickly with a phone call.
2. As a psychiatrist, it would be helpful if there were ways to prominently post the patient's allergies, medications, etc in a way where you wouldn't have to hunt through your prior notes to find them. However, this software is marketed to behavioral health professionals broadly rather than psychiatrists specifically, so I wouldn't expect it to be so tailored.
3. I would like to be able to customize the mini-website that my patients see in more ways than what's currently available.
4. The rates for Stripe seemed a little steep (at least for a solo practitioner) but it's your only option if you want an integrated credit card system. In the end, I am doing that piece with a different service to avoid the higher rates.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Lisa, thank you so much for your thorough and thoughtful review of SimplePractice. We're glad to hear that you find SimplePractice to be clean and intuitive, and proud to support the work that you do! Did you know you can schedule a one-on-one screensharing session with a Product Specialist at your convenience, any time? We're always standing by to help. I'd also recommend using a Sticky Chart Note to keep information like allergies and medications at the top of the client's chart - just create a Chart Note and set the date to sometime in the future, and it'll stay at the top of the chart! Thanks again for choosing SimplePractice. We're glad you're a part of our community!

Ariel W.

Satisfied Chiropractor & Acupuncturist

Bewertet am 28.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Lots of important pros. 1) Online scheduling and intake, 2) integrated payment processing and auto-pay, 3) cloud based, 4) competitive pricing, 5) very easy to learn, 6) the team is getting faster (slightly) with updates/improvements, 7) works for chiropractic billing now, 8) free online help articles, and 9) free month trial. We looked into so many options, and Simple Practice was clearly the best in our opinion. We're still happy with our choice; the pros outweigh the cons!

1) Text reminders: you only have a few options of when they go out, and all options are 24+ before the appointment. A text reminder shortly before greatly reduces no-shows, so it's a major feature missing.
2) Confirming appointments: you can't turn off the need to confirm appointments, and it's time consuming to confirm every. single. appointment. We want the option to turn off confirmation, or at least for some appointment types.
3) Email reminders: you have to turn them on for every patient, and it's not quick to get to it.
4) Sales tax: they don't track it, so you have to manually keep track. You shouldn't use this software if you sell products regularly.
5) Customer service: too slow. Not just initial response time, but how many back and forth emails it takes to get an answer. I tried the live q&a and it didn't get me an answer any faster. Chat would be a big improvement.
6) Group practice: overall it works well. The thing that is lacking is the report to help with payroll. It's confusing and needs better instructions/help articles
7) Online scheduling: overall good. The con is cancelling online. A) it's hard to find, so we get more phone calls than we used to. B) we let patients cancel up to 12 hours beforehand, but the software cuts it off 24 hours before, so we again get more calls than before.
8) Color coding: you can't set the background color of appointments. For us, it would be so helpful to make insurance appointments a different color than self-pay.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Hi Ariel - We love hearing from our customers that have shopped around and find SimplePractice the best platform for their needs! It's great to see you're utilizing so many features already. When it comes to your requests for feature adjustments, we regularly take customer requests into consideration to make sure our product meets the needs of all types of business owners. We're created a Product RoadMap to share what we've done lately and what is in the works here if you're interested in checking it out: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005264123-SimplePractice-Product-Roadmap

Thanks for your detailed review!

Jill B.
Mit Google übersetzen

I have had on-going insurance enrollment and payer reports since I started with Simple Practice.

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 12.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It is simple with respect to face validity. You can navigate around pretty easily without making serious or irreversible mistakes that many of us fear with the technical aspects of EHRs.

It works relatively well if you have mostly direct pay clients or accept only a couple of insurances. It also works well if you have very few tech problems, your are pretty "techy" and industry knowledgeable to begin with, and you are ok with short answer email responses to any questions you might have.

There is no one to call. Even if you email asking for a phone call, they won't talk to you. Their customer support consists of sending you video and article links about how to do things. Or emailing you back and forth over the period of weeks or even months. However, if you have an actual, real-time problem, that cannot be fixed by watching a video, and requires someone to actually get on a phone and figure out what is going on- forget it. Your accounts will be hopelessly upside down, which is anything but simple! For example: insurance enrollments or payer reports that require immediate technical support, forget it. They will email you back and forth for months telling you that they submitted to have the problem fixed, as if that fixed your problem. Or they will answer you without addressing the whole problem. If you accept and/or bill multiple insurance companies, keep moving. Simple Practice is not the answer. It's too difficult to move your entire operation to another EHR once you have completely set up with Simple Practice and then you find out months later that there are no "simple" fixes when you have legitimate insurance problems.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Hi Jill - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry to hear you feel like we're not here to help you! That's definitely not the case. While we aren't able to respond immediately to emails and don't currently have phone support, we do our best to get you a personalized response within a few hours. We also have several Live Online Classes to show customers the various features in the platform and how to use them. If you're interested in signing up for any of these, here is the link to do so: http://features.simplepractice.com/classes/

If there's something we haven't helped out with, please don't hesitate to send us a message here: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. I'll make sure we help you out. We appreciate your patience and candor, Jill!

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 5.0/10

William S.
Untern. Größe: 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Simple Practice - there is truth in the name

Bewertet am 14.4.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have tested out Simple Practice for our group practice and we plan on transitioning to it. It's rare to find a company so well balanced in its direction. The user interface design is well thought out and makes doing otherwise complex procedures simple and straightforward. The documentation and user support is something you would expect from a much larger and more resourced entity. The product development has been very focused and well planned as features are thoughtfully implemented. Some of their competitors seem to decide which features to develop at random.

Simple Practice first popped on my radar in 2012 and they had a beautiful interface, a simple iphone app, but they couldn't do much other than notes and calendaring. Oh, how things have changed. They now take payment, and even do autopay on weekly clients. They simply and beautifully execute therapy notes, have a client portal, process insurance claims, have appointment reminders, treatment plans, calendar sync, and you can have clients signup and schedule directly through simple practice. You can even push them assessments to fill out to add to their records.

I didn't like how their product shows client credit's and debit's. I will say that it seems like there is a more intuitive way to do this for reconciling accounts. When you first look at it, it will confuse you and I am sure it is something they spend time on with each new customer. This surprises me that they have kept it this way since everything else is so intuitive.

The only area I can't speak to is what their reporting looks like. Theranest has a feature I like in their reporting as it shows you by clinician and referral source, who has sent you the most business the stick rate, and things like this. Personally, I would love to be able to see more granular data to know what each clinician is best with matching intakes with treatment outcomes and being able to see each clinician's number of clients who are active and their insurance to private pay ratios. If I were to extend my wishlist, I would like some limited CRM features as well to help with new client inquiries.

All of that said, Simple Practice is the Tesla of therapist EMR's. They are pioneering the field and they know it. I recommend them to all clinicians.

Features, product speed of development, user interface design, ease of implementation.

reporting, cost if you have a group, the only credit card company support is Stripe's API and they have a minimum of per month volume before they will lower their fee's.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Hi William, we're grateful that you're part of our community! It's great to hear your story of revisiting SimplePractice after we added more features. We're working hard every day to make improvements so that both solo and group practitioners are able to use our product easily and efficiently.

Meredith M.
Mit Google übersetzen

I wish Simple Practice did more, was easier to use, and the customer service was better

Bewertet am 7.11.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Barely satisfied. I ran out of room in the Con's box.

As a working mom of two young children, I was looking for something to save me some time. Once I figured it out on my own (which took too long in my opinion because of unhelpful video tutorials and unhelpful customer service), it now has saved me some time. I like how easy it is to chart progress notes. It has saved time and desktop space. Once I figured out how to submit claims, I appreciated not having to manually enter the information myself every time I have submitted in the past. These were two main reasons I wanted to switch.

I wish it could do more and was easier to use. Here are some features that would be great additions to Simple Practice:

- Have the ability to be Excel where I can track office expenses (i.e., office supplies, tax deductions)
- You MUST make customer service easier to get ahold of and more knowledgeable. Email back-and-forth communication is a frustrating customer service option.
- Have your customer service people be more professional. When I video-ed for my free 30-minute video at the beginning of using the software, the person was late, not professionally dressed, and looked like they were at a beach house. I was also frustrated that the employee did not know more than I did. They had to check-in with people and then get back to me. I knew much more about insurance and how it worked than the person I spoke to.
- I dislike the tutorial videos - they were not very helpful and felt like a waste of time.
- In the Coverage Report, I would greatly benefit from being able to get the SPECIFIC benefit information for Mental Health services. This is often different from the patient's medical benefits (different copays, coinsurances)
- Have it easier to be able to pick the insurance carrier from the insurance list - it is currently very confusing
- I am certain I am not getting the most out of the software but am frustrated because I don't know how to get more out of it. I don't feel that I can count on Simple Practice team members to help me either.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 7.0/10

Gracie B.

Successful Practice Meet Your Sidekick

Bewertet am 2.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I switched to Simple Practice from another EHR due to the features offered and the customer support. It is important for me as practice owner to have features such as managing the client portal access and the ability to send new client paperwork via the client portal. Simple Practice has all that is needed with integrated insurance billing, invoices, super bills, clinical note structure, video therapy, and credit card swipe. I am thrilled to have Simple Practice and look forward to learning more about all the features the EHR provides! I know Simple Practice will help me and my practice grow exponentially!

I enjoy the software has integrated assessments, a client portal accessible to place on your practice website, Wiley Treatment Planner, and built in paperwork needed for new clients. I am appreciate of the customer service that is prompt with response. The software has amazing training videos that assists with new users like myself.

Billing insurance does not seem intuitive, however I signed up for a class to gain knowledge in billing.

Susan L.

Great EHR after set-up and consistently EXCEPTIONAL customer support

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 14.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I found SimplePractice somewhat frustrating in the beginning as I familiarized myself with their software and set up connections with insurance payers. I so desperately wanted SimplePractice to have a customer support phone number I could call at my convenience to answer a variety of questions. However, I have gotten use to their support system via email and love that I have been able to work with the same person with most of my questions. I eventually found value in the email support system as the conversations were tracked and included so I did not have to re-explain the issues. Overall, I'd say that SimplePractice has worked very well for me after the set-up process and I find their customer support department to be very professional and courteous and extremely patient.

I like the patient portal that allowed me to easily send patients paperwork to complete before their initial sessions, saving me time and money. I also find great value in the patient appointment reminders to cut down on no shows. The EHR is great for customizing my practice from how appointments can be scheduled to designing forms and progress note templates. The program also keeps track of sessions that needs to be billed and which claims were paid. Great features!

The EHR was a bit difficult to navigate in the beginning. It was hard to remember which links led to which features. I would have preferred major links/buttons to be icons rather than words. Also, being able to electronically submit secondary insurance claims would be a feature that would make SimplePractice even simpler. It would also be great if the patient portal sign-in page could be personalized, as I would like to include a welcome message and list which insurances I accept.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Susan, thank you for the kind words about our Customer Success team! We're glad to hear that you're getting a great value from your SimplePractice subscription. Thank you for choosing SimplePractice for your private practice.

Brittany M.
Mit Google übersetzen

User-friendly & organized note-keeping!

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great experience using SimplePractice since I first set up an account almost 4 years ago. I've recommended it to several colleagues and used other mental health software prior to switching to SimplePractice that just didn't work for me.

SimplePractice is easy to use, keeps my appointments organized, and is so helpful having billing and notes housed in one place!

Some of my clients are families and it would be helpful to be able to have an option to schedule a session under the label "family" (currently the options are only "individual" or "couple").

Antwort von SimplePractice

Brittany, we're so glad to have supported Flower City Therapy over the last 4 years. Thank you for your continued support as our customer, and for your positive review. We're always working on introducing even more features and functionality to SimplePractice - keep an eye out for updates to the product in the future to streamline your experience of working with families. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Sheila M.

Best Purchase

Bewertet am 25.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall I am finding using simple practice to be very helpful and useful and has been easily accessible for my client's as well. It is easy and convenient to use.

I like how easy and convenient it is to use the software on any laptop and being able to have access to it on a smartphone device. I like that you are able to add your own documents for client use and/or viewing and not required to only use the templates provided. I enjoy having access to several assessment screening tools handy. Creating notes and treatment plans are very simple. I am transitioning from paper charts to electronic EHR and the switchover seemed to be pretty simple and not too time consuming. At the beginning of familiarizing myself with Simple Practice I had to contact customer support a couple times and the response time was a quick turnaround and they were able to guide me in taking the steps to resolve the issues I needed help with. Using the community support has several topics that are useful and helpful.

I dislike that there are no fillable forms available currently for clients to fill out. I am hoping in the future there will be access to fillable forms. The calendar view would be nice to have the option to mark only showing by the hour when adding new appointments in instead of breaking down or scrolling through minute by minute.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Sheila, thanks for your positive review. We're glad that you're enjoying SimplePractice so far. Did you know that we have a library of fillable forms for your clients to fill out during the intake process in our Template Library? If you need assistance getting your Client Portal set up so you can send clients forms to fill out and eSign, don't hesitate to reach out - we're here to help. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Heather L.
Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
Mit Google übersetzen

Efficient, intuitive, and oh-so-supportive.

Bewertet am 13.7.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I will be the first to admit that the administrative side of running a psychtherapy office isn't what nourishes me most - it's the relationships with my clients and colleagues that sustain and inspire me. That said, I realize that the administrative aspect of my business is central to building a successful practice so that I can continue to do the work that I love. Finding a practice management system that is effective and intuitive, and built for mental health therapists, has been a game changer. I knew I would find the right system, eventually. SimplePractice fit the bill.

What came as a surprise is the quality of the relationships that I'd build with the customer support professionals at SimplePractice. When getting started, I reached out to customer support about various aspects related to enrollment and billing of Medicare. I had a unique-ish circumstance with my enrollment due to address changes. I had spent a significant amount of time on the phone with Medicare and got as far as I could with them. I reached out to SimplePractice support by email (there's no phone number!) and admittedly, I thought I'd never hear back - that feeling of sending an email out into the universe to float around forever. I had not even registered for SP, yet. Well, I had a response within 1 day. The responder was encouraging, informed, concise and kind (remember I'm all about the relationship). In some ways, I couldn't believe how simple he made it for me, so I clarified with him 2 times! In each rresponse, he remained professional, encouraging, and helpful. It was a dream come true. A technology for therapists that thrive in relationships. A responder that spoke a technology language that I understood. Someone that wanted me to be successful in building my management system. In this age of nameless, faceless interactions, I really felt like "Will" was there to not just answer a question, but to help me be successful in my business.

Responsive customer support.
Appointment reminders .
Client portal for intake paperwork and billing.
Nice visual interface.
Intuitive.
Built in credit card processing.
Intake paperwork forms that are built for therapy offices.

Nothing I've identified, yet.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Heather, this made our day! We love everything you said. We exist because we want to help our customers focus on the work they love and not have to worry about the busy work. We're here for you! Thanks for joining our growing SimplePractice community!

Amy B.

from paper to technology

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall I am very pleased with this product and the more comfortable I get with it the more time it will save me.

the features I appreciate most about the software are the auto billing and automatic superbill generation. these are tasks that have no return on my time investment and so anything to automatize or regain my time is a good financial investment for me. I also appreciate the ease of adding my clinical note directly to the appointment, the way it links couples together and the ability to share and upload documents with clients. the customer service has been stellar, from answering questions to providing a free 1:1 consult. They have also responded to our request of adjusting the demographic form to be more inclusive which was a major need for my practice.

I don't like that I have to add a whole separate client entity for couples and that they have to sign their own consents. Creating your own intake questionnaire is extremely tedious if its comprehensive and so I'm yet to try and get my current form onto the system because it would take me hours.

Antwort von SimplePractice

Amy, thank you for your positive review - we're glad that automation of your practice workflows has helped you save time and get a higher return on your time investment. We're also proud to continue iterating on SimplePractice to introduce new, better features to more effectively support your practice and clients. - Gillian from SimplePractice