Zeigt 183 von 170 Bewertungen an

ibi

Die skalierbare BI- und Analyseplattform von Information Builders.

4,5 /5 (170 Bewertungen) Eine Bewertung schreiben

• Funktionen
Zeigt 183 von 170 Bewertungen an
Michael W.
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Amazingly versatile, however it does carry a significant learning curve to maximize that...

Bewertet am 24.5.2018

Environment to automate regular reporting and to expand and enhance the availability of data to my organization.

Numerous export formats, versatile software which offers a savvy developer several avenues to accomplish the requirements of their audience. The Active Format is a very unique offering allowing developers to give users the ability to drive their own analysis from reports through sorting, filtering, charting and being able to export their work.

FOCUS itself has a steep learning curve that is very dependent on the capabilities of the entity that is going to implement and use it. Your environment will carry a heavy influence on how successful the implementation will be. Management will need a measure of patients and need to invest in users to learn, documents and carry that intelligence throughout the organization.

Tomasz M.

Favorite & most capable tool for BI analysts

Bewertet am 23.4.2020

The best package for BI developers, no other tools are needed.

WebFOCUS offers a lot of customization when it comes to reporting, dashboards, infoapps and the platform support FOCUS, javascript, HTML, python and other languages. In our organization, we do not need any other BI platform since WebFOCUS gives Us all the tools we need to make analytics delivered to our community.

It may take few months to learn WebFOCUS as a developer since there are many things developer should know before creating reporting/analytics. Although after that time a developer will find almost infinite ways of customizing reports as soon as they learn how the WebFOCUS works and executes procedures. GUI could be improved but each year WebFOCUS improves it a lot with updates.

Steven H.
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Not user friendly, terrible customer support, limited customization

Bewertet am 15.3.2019

My experience has been to find ways to use the product as little as possible. By that meaning using it for getting basic data on the back end, then coding the front end of the reports myself. This way I am able to create the reports and dashboards with more functionality, modern styling and have them be responsive for viewing on multiple platforms (Desktop, tablet, phone).

This works good for the average adhoc user that will doing basic, single database reporting.

The forum they have has been very helpful. I have found out more answers from other users than I have been able to find in their docs or from their tech support.

There are so many bugs in this product. I have multiple cases open with their tech support that have been open for months. I currently have a case that has been open for 9 months that they still cannot figure out. Usually the response is something along the lines of that it will be fixed in a later release. Then, in my experience, when updating to a later release the one bug is fixed, but more are introduced and we're back to square one of rebuilding our reports that have broken during the upgrade.

Product lags when trying to do complex queries over multiple databases.

Documentation is very weak and vague, if/when you can actually any documentation at all.

John S.
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

WebFOCUS as the go-to app for data dissemination

Bewertet am 3.10.2019

My users throughout the state of New Jersey are finally buying into the fact they can create 'what-if' scenarios and modelling with the data I'm preparing for them.

Accessibility to data regardless of where it is stored. Easeat which to disseminate the reports I generate. Ease of use of the Security Package whereby I can allow or disallow access to data, folders or a single call of a report.

We seem to always be on the cutting edge of the product and what we want to do. Sometimes it seems like we are the first to come up with a particular question. But an answer is always forthcoming even if it is not instantaneous.

Lauren D.
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Information Builders is great!

Bewertet am 3.10.2019

Overall, IB has been very helpful to deliver our products. Customer support is great as well.

I love the customized visualizations and the ability to disconnect reports from the server to send to member hospitals.

Sometimes it is not as flexible as I would hope. Using the indocument analytics, I cannot always create the visualizations or filters I would like.

Debra W.
  • Branche: Versicherung

Powerful tool for visualizations

Bewertet am 23.6.2020

We are creating scheduled reports, portals, dashboards, data feeds, and spreadsheets. Our business partners are empowered to do most of the work themselves rather than relying on IT.

We constantly push this product to its limits. The web interface combined with AppStudio allows us to do things many other similar products can't. The customer service is top notch. Occasionally it shows its roots from the mainframe product but they are constantly looking to improve.

My biggest issue with the software is the scheduling tool. It is great for individuals but not really an enterprise tool.

Elizabeth A.
  • Branche: Bankwesen
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Daily executive reporting made easy!

Bewertet am 23.6.2020

This product allowed us to easily build reporting dashboards for reporting on critical data points during the pandemic, which allows our executive team to make critical decisions quickly.

There was a brief ramp up period for my BI developed, but he was able to take the necessary training to get up and running.

Eric P.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Right product for the job

Bewertet am 23.6.2020

Used across the University to complete data needs.

Able to report against many different data types in one integrated tool. Data output can be displayed many different ways (aggregate or summarized in detail or graphically). Easily being distribute multiple ways.

End users need a good base of knowledge to do more advanced features. Easy to learn but does take some time.

Rozalind K.

Great enterprise reporting tool

Bewertet am 22.6.2020

We have been using IBI for several years now, it is a great tool and we are still scratching the service with its functionality.

We looked at a lot of tools but they would not have been a fully functioning enterprise solution like IBI is.

It is a lot to learn! And we are barely scratching the surface on its capabilities.

Anthony L.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

WebFocus from BA Perspective

Bewertet am 22.6.2020

WebFocus helps my team assist customers with visualizations and analytics for their business needs. Overall experience is great.

The ease to add and remove multiple data sets.

Steep learning curve when trying to convert the data to visualizations.

Liessa C.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Real feedback based on real life experience

Bewertet am 25.7.2017

Customer support is really great. Nice people.

OK, this will sound like a promo - but this is real feedback based on real life experience using various BI and FR tools over the years.
Over the last decade Finance/BI has inherited many ops tasks as traditional IT departments push to migrate BI and financial reporting to “user self-service”. (Keeps their headcount down and mine up!)
WebFocus has all the ‘sexy’ stuff that software vendors are promoting. Great, but I am a production shop and 90% of what we do is just day-to-day critical. WebFocus provides the three critical components I need from a BI software package:
InfoAssist helps us manage through staffing churn. I don’t need to hire BI staff with WebFocus experience as most Individuals with any kind of BI experience can launch InfoAssist and figure it out themselves.
Reportcaster: My staff can manage standard scheduled report distribution in Reportcaster. Once set up it’s easy to maintain.
Speed: “Instant” graphs and analytics is today’s expectation. We’ve got more data than we have time to do report development, so WebFocus gets us to the data for all the one-off reports and charts.

This is not really a con, but a heads up. WebFocus is a robust BI tool. Setup and security requires your IT Department's "buy in" to support the tool. Yes, it's a BI reporting package, and it can be used for just that, but WebFocus can do so much more - and sooner or later you'll want the 'more'

Tim B.
  • Branche: Groߟhandel
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

WebFOCUS is a workhorse. It handles the needs of our entire spectrum of users.

Bewertet am 27.10.2017

This software meets all of the enterprise reporting needs for our organization. From singe-click users to our most advanced super users.

WebFOCUS does it all in an single platform. From an entry-level single-click user to our most advanced super users running their own ad hoc queries. It is our enterprise reporting solution, and almost every department in our company uses it in one way or another. It is almost unheard of when we run into a reporting challenge that WebFOCUS cannot handle. It is extremely flexible and robust.

Flexibility comes with complexity, that is a fact of life, and a fact of this software too. When diving into more advanced features, there is a certain level of necessary complexity. Customizations are also a bit of a trap when it comes to future upgrades. We have learned the hard way that just because we can do something a certain way doesn't necessarily mean we should. A fully customized application will work beautifully in the current version, but will make upgrades an uncomfortable experience. Lastly, the GUI for WebFOCUS has not always been the sleekest visually. This is rapidly changing for the better, but historically has lagged behind other reporting vendors.

Larissa B.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

The suite of products is great, learning curve can be quite high.

Bewertet am 23.5.2018

Large insights to data trends which were otherwise not noticed. Efficiencies have been made to daily/weekly/monthly tasks by using excel sync's to bring in refreshed data that we couldn't not have mapped into our warehouse. By using this tool, we have created a very efficient report writing team that is spread across our organization and are data experts at an individual department level structure.

It's a wide open platform with endless customization options. We have yet to run into an issue that was not able to be met by the work done in webfocus. They're online presence is wonderful for tech support and forums which often find us most of our solutions to any sticky situations.

So many individual pieces in this suite of products, that it's sometimes confusing as to what you actually own, what you need to buy and what you are getting by with. Upgrades happen quite often, so if you don't have a dedicated system engineer to devote time for upgrades, you'll be bringing in your system engineer that was provided by IBI.

• Branche: Versicherung

The Better Game in Town with room to expance

Bewertet am 23.5.2018

I can produce operational and financial reports much easier and quicker than the groups that manage and develop the source systems the data comes from.

It's very easy to connect different data sources and start mapping your data and building intelligent reports. I haven't found a relevant data source, yet, that WebFOCUS can't connect to. The latest versions of the product make user interaction extremely intuitive and put a lot of power in the hands of end users to create their own dashboards and reports from managed data sources. With the full AppStudio development tool, extremely complicated scenarios can be analyzed and developed by your developers and published to the users.

Until very recently, there was not a good method for Source Control of WebFOCUS content. For any company that has their BI fall under SOX Audit controls, this might be a little difficult to deal with.

Andrew H.

Build Robust and Easy-to-use Customer Portals

Bewertet am 17.7.2017

The company I work for has many existing reports in OLAP and other formats. They purchased WebFocus to begin building out and modernizing client portals, with more visually-appealing charts and graphs in dashboard layout. On top of this, my team and I were all brand new to WebFocus. Within a few months of implementing WebFocus, and partnering with a couple of WebFocus consultants (whom are top-notch by the way), we successfully launched our first client portal on the WebFocus platform. I joined the team earlier this year, so I wasn't involved in the evaluation process, but from what I hear of the other tools that were evaluated, we would have already surpassed their capabilities early on in our project.

From what I have seen so far, WebFocus is a very powerful BI tool, with probably more capabilities than we have would ever think of using. We've yet to reach the limits of the tool, and believe me when I say that we have tried.

The WebFocus format and language is a little different than what I already knew. So there is a learning curve. However, with some training, and the will to learn, it gets much easier in a few months.