DrChrono Bewertungen

4.2/5 (399 Bewertungen)
Michael A.

Great Foundation, Good value - Feedback is not heard

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Web interface is very good, particularly with the introduction of advanced task management. Easy to track electronic communication. Appointment templates are very helpful.

App interface is great for physicians, but limited since it requires an iPad. Ideally, our Doctors could use a Surface device and have access to app interface and web interface as there are benefits to each interface.

Billing Team - staff and support is rock solid. Responsive, polite and respectful of the importance of timely A/R processing and communication. By far, the Billing Team is the best representation of what DrChrono could be.

The basic system is strong, robust and could be a truly excellent product with some relatively simple tweaks to managements attitude towards customer concerns.

DrChrono does not have empathetic listening skills for business concerns, outside of the billing staff.

Any and all criticism is dismissed and blamed on the user (see their responses to reviews here).

Simple measures that would save their customers time and money (like a Windows app) are ignored. They act like Apple is their biggest customer (no Windows or Android support despite requests from clients).

Support tickets are routinely closed prior to problem resolution. They do not allow you to call in to support for assistance, and often it seems like staff does not read the initial problem request as you have to repeat yourself 3-4 times (and get escalated) until you reach staff who can assist with anything beyond the most basic issues.

Issues that impact ability to handle patient care or conduct business are not escalated appropriately. Even if a change they make to the system results in mission critical failures, there is no option to quickly escalate to an appropriate stakeholder at DrChrono.

Simple requests, like customized disclaimers to limit legal liability when patients use the patient portal, are brushed off despite the risk to their clients.

Amanda P.

Better than any other EHR I have ever tried

Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I like that they pay attention to suggestions and they are VERY polite and courteous. They always have a very pleasant attitude, very optimistic and helpful. Whenever I am addressing a concern, I feel that they pay attention and try to solve it if they can.
The fact that they don't have a phone number doesn't concern me. My former EHRs DID have a phone number but you would wait on hold for 10 minutes before anyone picked up and then you'd just have to leave a message for the right person to call you back. DrChrono is very quick to respond to emails and it is about the same as if you had called them. Plus, when it is in email format, you can go back and see the answer to a question anytime because it is documented in email.

To me, it is very straightforward and easy to use and navigate. If you are computer savvy, you could be up and running during the same week that you purchase this EHR. I like how the iPhone app DOES have a schedule for the day (despite what a previous review said) and it is super-easy to take pictures of insurance cards and pictures of the patient or their problems. The fact that it is cloud based is nice because I can operate it in the 35 different nursing homes where I practice. I have used 3 other EHRS before (OfficeMate, My Vision Express, and Crystal PM - for optometry) and they all had less capabilities than DrChrono. The ease of e-prescribing and e-faxing is also wonderful, and the claim filing is much easier than with the other EHRs.

There are some glitches in the software. For example, billing for a self-pay item is tedious and time consuming and if you accidentally enter the wrong amount as what the patient paid and have to change it later, the computer can't handle the change and gets everything mixed up and says the patient has a credit when the patient does not have a credit. Sometimes you just have to delete everything and start all over if you come across a billing glitch like that.

Jimmy john N.

Excellent EHR when I started my practice

Bewertet am 22.6.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I was one of the early users of drchrono EHR when I opened my neurology practice back in 2010, when it was the first truly user friendly and mobile platform to take advantage of the iPad and their features when they were recently released, and I knew then that it had a lot of potential. The ease and efficiency of making your own templates and documenting notes, etc. definitely not only made my transition into private practice less stressful but also more fun than I had anticipated. At that time, there were only a few good options, and many, if not all, were way out of the budget of a solo practitioner who was just starting out. Drchrono's staff were always friendly and willing to help every time I would call about issues, and I never had any problem with them. As my practice grew, I saw how the whole team and staff at drchrono also grew over the years, and how the services and products evolved and expanded at such a rapid pace in keeping with advances in technology, and they're always finding ways to help the physician and staff become more efficient. Even though I closed my practice in 2014 as I took on a new job as an employed physician for a hospital, I would not hesitate going back to using drchrono EHR, knowing how easy and intuitive their system is.

I still wish there is a better way to allow practitioners who no longer are practicing or no longer needing to keep their drchrono EHR account active, to be able to store their records and still have access to them per medicare guidelines; I'm still having difficulty syncing them to my Box account as instructed.

Bella M.

Great EHR

Bewertet am 15.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Our practice has been Dr. Chrono for almost 5 years, and it was one of the best changes we have ever implemented. When the physician I work told me that we were switching EHRs, I was hesitant and nervous about learning how to use a new software. To my surprise there was little to no learning curve, when it came to learning how to use Dr. Chrono. Not only was it easy for staff to learn how to use Dr. Chrono, it was just as easy for patients to use the Dr. Chrono Check-in app. Over the last 5 years, there have been many great improvements made to the Dr. Chrono software. I was happy to have a brief meeting with our account manager Angela, recently, as she helped me learn how to better use new and existing features of Dr. Chrono to optimize the EHR in our practice. The costumer support has been excellent, when we needed it.

Being able to access our schedule and patient records from anywhere on any device has made it easier to work in and out of our offices.

One feature that I would like see improved is the "send e-mail" feature. Our office likes to send e-mail newsletters to our patients about every 3-4 months. It is nice that we can use Dr. Chrono, because all of our patient's e-mail addresses and mailing preferences are already in their records. Dr. Chrono is a bit limited when it comes to adding any e-mail content beyond simple text. It would be very helpful, if this was updated and eliminate our need to have another company that we use for sending e-mail blasts.

Lee M.

Simple, Powerful, Intuitive, Affordable

Bewertet am 24.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I am a family physician in private practice. I have been using EHRs for almost 2 decades, and DrChrono for over 5 years now.

DrChrono's developers are constantly evolving and improving their product in response to customer feedback. Their customer-support and training staff are excellent. They have a great library of short "how-to" videos for self-training.

DrChrono's subscription plans are very affordable, and I have found no other EHR that offers more bang for the buck.

•ease of use (intuitive user interface)
•all physician and nurse documentation can be done from iPad
•built-in speech-recognition
•easy to customize templates
•large library of templates
•continually updated "how-to" videos on their YouTube channel as new features are rolled out
•friendly, patient trainers and tech support staff
•extensive Mayo Clinic patient education resources
•optional comprehensive medical billing services

•The name. DrChrono is just embarrassing to say, and I can't make myself write it in all lowercase.
•100% cloud-based (which generally is WAY BETTER than self-hosting the data, but if your ISP goes down, you are essentially back in the stone-age)
•clinical decision support features are inconspicuous and difficult to navigate
•knowledge-base articles are sometimes out of date
•Mayo Clinic patient education resources are not well-indexed

Louis A.
Mit Google übersetzen

Finally a great Mac/iPad based EHR!

Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

It is an easy to use EHR. It has many features that make note taking easy. You can custom build your own templates or use and/or modify an existing one. One of my favorites is the ability to upload a PDF of your own form and use the free drawing function. I like that this EHR is only Mac/iPad/iPhone based and that their techs know all about the Mac and it's operating systems. Using the iPhone app I was able to continue to schedule and check in on patients while I was traveling. While you have to submit a ticket for tech support, they usually get back to you within a few hours. Some of the billing areas were difficult to intuitively know how to use, yet the good news is that they give you a few hours of free training when you start.

I did not like that when I signed up I was promised a lot of things that now they want me to pay an exorbitant amount of money to be able to use. It seems like every few months they decided to raise the price of their plans and then they say "oh well, that is what it costs now." It is as if they have no concern for the loyalty and legacy of their existing customers. The price tag is very steep for people in solo/private practice.

Kevin L.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great improvements over the last few years

Bewertet am 14.7.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have been a drchrono customer for the last four years (really since the beginning of their time) so this review is my honest opinion of the previous years with drchrono. drchrono has really stepped up their game - I am happy I stayed with them.

I use to wait days before someone would get back to me when I had an issue. I have been blown away that within the last year I haven't had to worry about waiting days to weeks to get answers and I just really realized that as I sent in my last few tickets. The support people were so helpful, I got an answer in less than an hour and they actually addressed my concerns. Such an improvement.

I use to have a lot of downtime with drchrono which made the "efficiency of an EHR" non-existent. I haven't had downtime in I don't know how long which has been great for my practice. I spoke with a few drchrono members who said they were fixing the issue, building out infrastructure (whatever that means) but I am really happy I didn't switch during that time. I can now work throughout the day on my EHR and no longer need to chart my notes at home.

For a period of time I used drchrono with a biller I had on staff. She use to complain that the system was slowing her down because it took a ton of clicks in order to run the report she was looking for or post a payment or whatever. After being assigned an Account Manager I was able to talk with them about this pain point my biller was experiencing; within the next day or so there was a new button added so she didn't have to click around as much as she was having to. She said this has saved her hours every week. I don't think our account would get that service anywhere else.

On another note, my biller had to take a leave of absence because she was having a baby. I didn't know how to follow up on the billing and didn't have anyone else in the office that could help so again I called my Account Manager. She mentioned that drchrono could help me in the meantime or permanently by becoming my biller while she is out. She has been out for two months now and I have to say, the transition was very easy and I am actually making more money since they have stepped up doing the billing services.

As you can see, I am very happy I didn't switch EHR's.

Good luck in your EHR decisions but save yourself the hassle and join drchrono. They listen to you, they are helpful and they are always updating their software (at no additional cost).

Best of luck with your practices.
Dr. Lin

Marcus W.
Mit Google übersetzen

Good product, hopefully working toward getting better

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 19.10.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I have used DrChrono for nearly a year now. I appreciate its iPad functionality and its overall capacity to mesh the daily documentation experience with the billing side essentially seamlessly. I frustrate a bit over some details and features that would seem to be present and requested by the average user, but often are missing. Discussions with tech support can be challenging, as they are always kind and polite but often cannot offer solutions or assurances of system modifications to improve functionality. We are often referred to their online help "forum" where we can suggest a system change/modification, but they only attend to those fixes that other uses vote on as desirable as well. Kind of an odd approach, if you ask me. Like most systems, it has to be a work in progress because needs change and technology changes...but, also, like most systems, it seems they focus a lot of their resources on making the aesthetic features more attractive when it seems they should work toward addressing system function issues. Even with all that said, I must have reviewed and tested over a dozen systems before settling on this one. For iPad users, I don't believe there's a better system for daily charting. For desktop users, you may find this system a little more arduous to navigate efficiently for daily charting.

Workflow
Ability to customize chart templates (or create your own)
iPad compatibility
Attractive interface

Missing/imperfect features and details
Tech Support can be frustrating to engage
System template glitches (syntax and flow)
Obviously designed by computer programmers with little input from healthcare workers

6.0/10
Tracy N.
Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use program with great support

Bewertet am 25.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love how very self explanatory Dr. Chrono is. I find it very easy to navigate from reporting to scheduling. The support staff is very responsive and attentive for any and all questions. Any time I needed assistance I received responses promptly. Every staff member that I spoke with always took the time to show me step by step instructions and were always available for follow up questions down the road.

The biggest problem that my clinic has run into with this software is that we have three different doctors in our practice that each have there own ways of taking payments, but because we only have one license for Dr. Chrono is hard to know which doctor the patient owes money too considering they see all three. We have worked around the problem, but it's very time consuming.
Also the reporting was very minimal but has gotten better through the years

Richard S.

2+ year using EHR, 1 year using billing services, and 16 years as podiatrist

Bewertet am 12.6.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

In my time as a doctor and a business owner, I was switching between programs and billers trying to make my practice successful. I have been dissapointed to say the least in terms of having a program that has been easy for both my staff and me to use. I believe I am going to be a life long user of DrChrono. I had put way too much effort in trying to learn how to use other programs and not enough time in developing the quality of my practice. It has been tough to spend time with my family and deliver the best level of patient care that I can. There are a couple things that I need to say that I'm thankful that DrChrono's team has been able to do to help me.

1st, Documentation. DrChrono was the first program that I've been able to use that has actually been better than my paper documentation in actually being faster. I am extremely grateful that they have been able to give me time back with my patients and family. I've been able to actually be a doctor again and also develop the quality of my services that my practice is also growing. Their team has helped me to the extent that I'm hiring other doctors and move into a larger office here in Chicago.

2nd, My Staff. Some of the programs that I've used have been tough for my staff to actually used the full capacity of. I really believe that their appointment and billing profiles have helped my staff in managing all of their tasks. Bringing in the new doctors has also been great because they've been able to intuitively learn the program.

3rd, Billing. It took me a while to realize that the way I was doing my billing wasn't bringing in the cashflow that I needed. When I moved over my billing services to DrChrono, I was finally able to hire another Podiatrist and not worry about him getting the paperwork right since they don't teach EMRs and billing in school well enough to prepare them for our world. After around 6 months DrChrono had started to raise my collections by around 15% and I barely have any outstanding bills from the payers outside of 60 days. Before I had around 40% of my claims beyond 120 days outstanding. I was collecting enough for myself and my practice, but not enough to start growing and hiring.

I highly recommend all of DrChrono's services to any doctor.

Dr baden P.
Mit Google übersetzen

Save thousands in upfront expenses.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I saved thousands of dollars in upfront expenses from other EHR companies and then pay update fees every year.

They keep current payers at the monthly price they started at when tasing the priced for new customers. I have been with and using DrChrono for about 6 years now. They are always improving. It is a nice system that can be used multi-disciplinary. I am a chiropractor an I used it with a a medical Nurse Practitioner. What initially appealed to me is there was no multi thousand dollar up front software like a lot of other EHR companies want to charge you, along with yearly upgrade fees. None of that here so you start off saving thousands.

The Price keeps raising every year, for new accounts. Customer service sinks and there is no direct phone number to call to have the issue solved right away, you have to email them and wait for them to get back to you.

7.0/10
Jason R.
Mit Google übersetzen

Best EHR for multiple practice types

Bewertet am 7.5.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

This software is constantly being updated and improved, but is already head and shoulders above other platforms. After using DrChrono for a year, we spent nearly two months looking at 19 other EMR systems. None of them came close to DrChrono on usability/scalability, customizable features, and price point. The sales staff worked with us to develop a custom set up for our clinic (cash-based laser therapy office). A few problems cropped up, but Gail on the Implementation team worked hard to fix issues, keeping us constantly updated and pushing their developers to provide fixes and solutions for us specifically. Having a dedicated Implementation specialist like Gail makes it seem like the whole company is working for just our clinic! It's been a great experience and I look forward to using DrChrono for many years.

Like any cloud-based system, there are rare times when the system slows or goes offline. This has happened twice over the last four months, but was resolved within 30 minutes each time.

Jodi P.
Mit Google übersetzen

To switch or not to switch

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Drchrono is sufficient for what we use it for, but I feel it is over priced.

I like drchrono being a cloud based EMR system. This allows us to work from anywhere and look at the schedule at any time of the day.

When it is cloud based, if you are without internet, you cannot use the system. I also wish the reports were easier to set up. I tried using their coding and claim submission team, but had nothing but problems. You can only reach customer service via drchrono customer support and have to wait for an answer.

Timothy D.
Mit Google übersetzen

Highly efficient all-in-one EMR and practice management software

Bewertet am 21.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I've used a lot of EMRs over the years and I searched a long time to find a good solution for our small group private practice that was user-friendly from the provider side but also had the analytics tools needed to run the practice management. We also struggled to find a biller in-house that could manage our growing practice. We switched to the revenue cycle management services with drchrono and have been very pleased with the billing team noticing an improvement in our collections and reduction of our costs.

Intuitive, provider friendly EMR, easily customizable
Good revenue cycle management software that allows me to easily analyze how our practice is doing
Cloud-based, works anywhere on computer, ipad, or iphone

There are a few things that don't work as well going from a solo provider to a group practice with multiple locations and providers
Little differences between computer and iPad versions are a little bit frustrating

Dawn B.

Bewertet am 11.5.2012
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I am an internist and started using Drchrono as my first EMR system when it made its debut. At the time, I was looking for an easy to use EMR system for my iPad. I've been using it now for the last year and a half. My practice is very small and I do not use the billing portion of Drchrono (I do not take insurance in my practice, so I do not require any billing support). My comments are based solely on my experience with the EMR portion.

Implementation was simple and quick. We had many questions at the start, but the staff at Drchrono was always available to answer them. It took very little time for us to get used to the system. Even now, if my administrator or I have a unique question, a simple email will elicit a quick response from the staff at Drchrono. They make an honest attempt to solve our problem, and if they cannot, they often work on the problem and incorporate the solution into a newer version of the app. My staff and I like the practice management section of Drchrono. We can easily make appointments, schedule reminders for the patients by email, text or phone. We have been able to email all of our patients to make announcement about upcoming flu shots or office closures.

Also, my staff can easily download previous SOAP notes or use the "dashboard" to send a specialist a current Medical history and medication list. I am looking forward to faxing notes directly from my iPad, but have not attempted this yet. We use the "dashboard" section often to get a quick view of the patient's medication list when the pharmacy is calling. Also, we input all of our patient’s immunizations in this section. Further, we can print a "super bill" and "claim form" for the patients if they wish to submit them to the insurance company. I also use the "escript" pharmacy section to fax prescriptions directly to the pharmacy. I think this section needs some tweaking, but I'm sure that will happen in the future.

The biggest plus for me is that I can access my notes and scanned labwork and X-rays from my computer or iPad at any time. This helps a lot when I am out of the office. Overall, my office practice is much better organized and efficient because of Drchrono. We are big fans!

Jenni F.

Pros and Cons of drChrono

Bewertet am 19.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I switched from a free EMR in May 2016. I make primary care house calls for Medicare insured patients. I needed an EMR that was Ipad/mobile friendly and included billing as well. I looked at many platforms. There are some nice options out there. For me though the selling point was the nearly full functionality on the iPad including an ability to fax right from the drChrono app on the iPad. There are a few things you can't do through the app and so I have to login to the main website to access these functions.
I have the Apollo Plus plan and so I do not use the coding services, I code my own notes.

Ipad charting via app.
Faxing within the EMR Avis the app and main site
Good customer support, especially on the billing side
Easy to use billing platform
Cost effective compared to other EMRs I demo'd.

The note templates are fairly basic looking (when printed out) and my order forms for lab and X-rays look plain. Could be improved!
Can't set tasks/reminders for a future date.
No alerts when faxes don't go through.

Abbey P.

overall worth it

Bewertet am 8.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have been using drchrono for over 5 years, we have recently added the billing feature and it is working out great. We love it.

The software is user friendly and definitely laid out and user friendly like an apple user would expect. The final document is polished around the edges like a mac user would expect. Clean, crisp and user friendly.

If you do have a problem or a question that requires customer support there is no phone number to call and get immediate help. You have to submit a ticket and wait for them to get back to you. The turn around is usually 24 hours, and if you are not available when they call they leave a number to call them back on. The number then becomes inactive after about 1 month, So you cant keep the number and call in later with a new question.

Edie C.
Mit Google übersetzen

all in one software for private practice in psychiatry

Bewertet am 2.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

appreciate that as small single provider in part time practice that monthly cost is reasonable,
if it was much more expensive, i would be tempted to go for some of the free services available for electronic billing, prescribing, etc

that EMR, electronic prescribing, electronic billing, in one easy to use program, especially like how with electronic billing, patient statements are automatically created once insurance pays their portion, makes billing very easy, cost effective compared to billing service

delay in getting customer service, no ability to get immediate answer to simple question,
would like more already created templates for psychiatric practice
having to click on each item for standard MSE in physical exam takes more time than i like

Daniel B.
Mit Google übersetzen

This is the best ehr hands down I have ever used or looked into.

Bewertet am 27.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I appreciate all the staff does to make sure I am well taken care of. I even get a check in email every year to make sure I am aware of all the new features.

I absolutely love using my iPad. There is no computers or bulky stands or even a laptop clogging up my counter space. I have one iPad that I carry from room to room. Cheaper and way better.

The only thing I wish it had was when I copy an old note often through my mistake I will copy a template that I wish I hadn’t. For example if on the first visit I do an exam and then the next visit all I want to do is type on my SOAP and not the exam page but I accidentally chose copy all previous templates. I would love a "clear template" button on the top of each template.

Ryan M.

Dr Chrono Review 2017

Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Overall a great EMR for my profession, Chiropractic. A couple features I'd like to see implemented like the ability to set up reoccurring payments for clients who are cash only but in general I've enjoyed it.

The learning curve is pretty hefty but once you get past that and start understanding the terminology of various features it becomes fairly seamless and the e-billing aspect is amazing! The interface for reviewing claims in the

The online Scheduler seems ancient and feature less compared to the Vcita.com I am currently using. Hopeing it gets a massive update in the near future so I can begin using it instead. The billing rejection details are often confusing forcing me to still call the insurance company to ID the problems.

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use and staff is very friendly. :)

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Gaining great clients and having the honor to work with such a friendly team. This software makes not only my life easier but everyone else's and I just cant help to spread the word.

Easy navigation, excellent customer service! The team is always finding ways to make keep customers happy while providing excellent customer service. Also, problem solving skills are A +++. Following up on matters are also handled in a timely manner as well. I can definitely say they are on top of things. I always reefer new clients or practices to them as I know they hae a great reputation and awesome people skills.

No Cons here. But there is always room for improvement. If i can say one thing regarding improving I can say perhaps follow up speeds? Even though they are awesome at following up already. Every time I called to reach out or they followed up first I can definitely picture the friendly person i'm talking to has a huge smile on their face which is not really a con but I wanted to just throw that out there . :)

Hamid K.

Spiraling down

Bewertet am 12.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I think DrChrono needs to get their act together and address critical issues. To constantly asking customers to add "suggestions" in the "community" page as a deterrence from addressing real problem gets old.

It is 100% cloud based and ability to use iPAD

After DrChrono 10 years of service, you'd expect certain abilities to be fully functional.
- Filing claims is a nightmare. Every time we load up the CPT codes, i get ERROR SAVING and then we have to start all over again. We spent the last 6 months asking for resolution, no luck. They say we are the only one who has that problem. It is cloud based, not sure why it would be on end when 4 different computers in 3 different zip codes give the same error. Every claim has to be redone over and over before we get through.
- They don't have any trouble charging the credit card monthly, but we have asked to speak to a manager numerous times, and six month later, we still don't seem to get one to call us back.
- When you batch a claim before SUBMITTING to insurance, the CASH patients are mixed with the insurance ones, making it exhausting to filter through one by one. They don't have the ability to separate the two. Other EHRs we used didn't have that issue.
- They don't have the ability to FLAG you when you do not meet the minimum time requirements on certain modalities. Other EHRs would flag you before you sign off the notes.
- Certain important features available in the Desktop are not in the ipad or iphone, the most basic one of sending a prospective new patient a link to get onboarded.
- A lot of ERRORS when doing real time eligibility checks, we constantly have to reach out and ask them to fix it.
- These are just few of the long list of issues.

Antwort von drchrono

Hi Hamid,

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate you taking the time to submit software feedback to us, and our engineering team is actively looking into your requests to ensure we can make these changes. However, since our software is cloud-based we are not able to make changes on a global scale without thinking of all users. Your account manager has also had consistent calls with the main provider from 12/2018 to 3/2019 and a call scheduled with you this week which your team was not able to attend. Please let us know when we can get in touch. Regarding your feedback for the iPad vs desktop functionalities, please note that due to various back end reasons there are limitations that each device offers thus there is a discrepancy between the tools. However, since this is a cloud-based software please note that any information entered within the devices will automatically be visible.

Thank you for your detailed feedback and we look forward to speaking with you!

DrChrono Team

0.0/10
Kofi D.
Mit Google übersetzen

Good but could be a lot better

Bewertet am 2.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

1. It has a very elegant and eye pleasing layout which is the main reason I believe I tried this software. Navigating through the system is overall intuitive and generally easy to use.

2. It has a great functionality with the IPAD and that is why it has been awarded the best system on the IPAD. I don't even use my lap top to see patients. I use my iPad and then I supplemented this with my lap top. Most functions that are done on the laptop can be done on the iPad. This includes setting electronic prescription. In fact, some things are better done on the iPad such as reviewing the records and chart.

3. Electronic prescription is easy.

4. The system has a great fax capability with ability to fax almost from any screen and to fax most documents.

5. Dictation: The interface with dragon is decent although could be better compared to other EMR. The M-mode dictation that comes with the program is great. While the recognition is slightly below dragon, the M-mode dictation has the advantage of being portable as it is used with the iPhone are iPad. The downside, however, is that he cannot be used on a laptop. However, I really like the M-mode feature and use this more than dragon.

6. Cloud base which can be accessed from anywhere where there is internet and from most devices. ( It cannot be accessed from none appple Smart devices - Smart phones or tablets).

7. Notes and documents are automatically saved in an external third party cloud base ie BOX. This is actually a very good feature as a backup to have a access to our clinical notes and documents. This is of vital importance in cases where access to drchrono is not possible such as going to another system. The downside to this, however, is that certain parts of the chart (phone messages or email messages for example) are not stored in this third party system

1. Lack of awareness of what a true legal chart is: As much as I like this system, this is the main reason why I may have to leave and find another system. They are totally clueless as to the difference between what a end-user sees in the software and what the complete chart looks like when requested from an outside source. There is a huge difference and the company do not appreciate this difference. If an outside agency (DEA, medical board or an attorney) ask for the complete medical records, the clinical notes and documents stored at the BOX account can be easily exported. However, communications between you and the patient by phone or email are not stored in the box account and not included in this information. When I have spoken with them about this, they inform me that I could simply print each phone or email encounter. This however is completely ludicrous - as in supposed the patient has 100 phone or email encounters.
For unknown reasons, in refilling the same medications from visit to visit, it simply takes it out of the medication list that is generated in the complete dictated notes. This gets very confusing especially for an outside agency that is reviewing the chart. Its is completely confusing as to what medication the patient is taking at the time of the visit. For example, if I have a patient who is on OxyContin 80 mg twice a day, gets a refill on this medication, it takes it off the medication list in the completed dictated note. This creates mass confusion. The way it appears in the signed completed note, is as if this patient was not on any opioids at all, but then all of sudden, I prescribed them a very high dose of 80 mg OxyContin twice a day. (This would be malpractice). This creates absolute confusion especially if my chart is being reviewed by the medical board or the DEA.
Furthermore, the signed dictated note does not include the number of medications prescribed. So for example in the case of this person who was getting OxyContin 80 mg twice a day, the note does not include that the total count of the prescription given such as #60 or #480. This makes a difference to a DEA offcer who is reviewing the records. Again, when I have discussed this with drchrono, they simply state that review of the medication history in the software can tell this information. However, they do not recognize that the only thing an outside chart reviewer has access to is signed clinical notes and not the complete electronic medical records. Again, this shows that they are clueless about difference of what the software end-user sees and what an outside reviewer has access to.

2. Templates are still in their infancy and generally they are limited compared to other EMRS.

3. Customer service: They responded very quickly to support tickets. Generally, if there is an major system wide issue it get results rather quickly. For other issues, it tends not to be resolved in a timely fashion or not at all.

Hi Dr. Doonquah,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the list of product features that have been working well for you. We are very proud of our award winning cloud-based EHR platform. As for the challenges you’ve mentioned, I would like to clarify some of the points that you may not be familiar with below:

Phone call logs: You do not need to print/download each phone call to log it into your box account. You can print a full record of communication by patient in the patient communication report (under reporting tab). Once this is created you can upload it as a document for it to sync to box or manually include it as an additional document. Your account manager will reach out to show you.

You mentioned DrChrono templates are limited but the flexibility and customization capability of DrChrono EHR is one of our core strengths compared to other EMRs. We’ve heard many compliments from both big and small practices how powerful they are and the type of productivity boost our templates bring to their practice. I see that your practice is not currently utilizing our template capabilities to its full potential and that can be easily resolved by our account manager. If you have an ideal template you would like to have in the system we can absolutely build it out for you! Additionally we have released many new template features such as charting by exception, which allows you to set default settings on the template and you can then chart the exception rather than the rule. I also see you do not have any templates set as persistent. This setting can be applied to any template and makes the information charted persist from one visit to the next. Many providers find this to be helpful especially if they frequently copy/paste the same notes.

Thank you for your feedback on our customer service. We do take all of your feedback very seriously and we want to assure you that we have invested many new resources into our customer service team and plan to make many changes to improve our support. Your account manager is always a good resource for product related questions so you are using DrChrono to its fullest potential. She will reach out to you to schedule a call and answer any questions you may have. She will also provide product demonstration and be able to review how you are using DrChrono EHR.

Regarding the medication refills, please note I have escalated this to our development team. We appreciate your feedback. DrChrono is known for our agility in product enhancement and we are always looking to improve our EHR quickly and frequently unlike other EMRs that take a long time to upgrade their system.

Thank you for your detailed feedback and we look forward to speaking with you!
DrChrono Team

Kristina J.
Mit Google übersetzen

Non Existent Technical Support - If the program isn't working you are out of luck

Bewertet am 13.3.2018

NEVER CHOOSE AN EMR THAT DOESN'T HAVE A DIRECT TECHNICAL SUPPORT NUMBER

Digitally receiving e faxes
Fairly easy e-refills
Price point is competative
Custom appointment profiles are nice

1) There is no tech support number. You can only email tech support. Tech support has taken weeks to get back to us. Most of our concerns have gone unaddressed. People say they will look into an issue and then we will not hear back. EPCS has been down all day. I called the sales number. No one answers. The sales voicemail was full! I emailed every contact I had. No response. I emailed tech support. They wrote that EPCS is fixed and working. EPCS is still not working. I have no ability to talk to a human. No one can give me an ETA, let alone fix the issue. For this reason alone I would never choose this EMR again.
2) You cannot write a note in a patient's chart without creating an appointment.
3) The SOAPNOTE set up is just strange.
4) Our outgoing e-faxes don't work properly and no one has gotten back to us about this issue.
5) There are no lab, radiology, pathology tabs. You have to assign tags manually in each chart.
6) Electronic lab results and uploaded lab results cannot go to the same folder.
7) As soon as we gave our credit card we have not heard from our sales rep and no one seems to care if our account is functional or not.

Hello Kristina,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to follow up with you in regards to the concerns you've noted. During the implementation of our EHR, your practice has been assigned a dedicated account manager who can help you make the most out of DrChrono EHR, and we've been informed that your Account Manager has been in contact with you. In addition, our account management team holds regular account reviews to provide product updates as well as document any feedback you may have.

Our marketing team also sends out our Account Review Request emails to our customers so that we can proactively touch base with any of the customers that want to have their account reviewed or to answer your questions. In terms of technical support, we respond to most of our online support tickets within 1 business day. Moreover, there are numerous knowledge base articles that can answer most of your technical questions. Our sales line is dedicated to the sales team and not our customer support so it is not the right number to call.

If you have any other questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at ehr@drchrono.com or reach out to your account manager.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you.

-DrChrono Team

Craig K.
Mit Google übersetzen

From a physicians perspective, a very unintuitive system with many idiosyncrasies that make it difficult to learn

Bewertet am 3.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Once again, an EMR that may meet the needs of administrators, but fails to help those who actually provide the health care services.

- Lots of pre-programmed macros
- built in dictation works well
- Electronic prescribing works well on app based version (but zip code needed to find a pharmacy using the web based version)

- Web based version very different from app based version
- illogical provider work flow - steps needed to navigate through the system are unintuitive
- very small fields in which to enter patient data (med hx, fam hx, soc hx, etc.)
- Program did not initially store any patient data that was entered - i.e., patient information such as medical hx, fam hx, etc., was not being saved. Our IT people -
had to work with drchrono to set up a 'button' to turn on to save this information
- unable to compare previous labs side by side with new results
- Results do not automatically enter into a patient's chart; thus unable to communicate with patients directly from screen that has either lab or imaging results -
have to enter into the patient chart to initiate communication, then return back to your message or task center to continue processing other results

Hi Craig,

Thank you for submitting your feedback. We understand that you have had some concerns in regards to the general workflow and layout of the platform, and we would like to let you know that DrChrono EHR is robust and customizable to match your workflows. We've also been notified that your Account Manager is working closely with your practice to help customize DrChrono EHR to fit your unique needs. In terms of comparing lab results side-by-side, our team is currently working on this feature. Unlike other EHRs that release product enhancements once in a while, DrChrono constantly improves and releases new features and updates throughout the year. Stay tuned for an update from your Account Manger.

We are glad to help resolve the setup questions and we’ll continue to follow up with your AM to ensure DrChrono is serving your clinic as needed.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact your Account Manager or directly at ehr@drchrono.com as this is always an avenue for you.

-DrChrono Team