Quick Base Bewertungen

Quick Base

The easiest way to build your own apps without code.

4.5/5 (175 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

Quickbase has a lot of potential and power, but is possibly a steep investment

Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It allowed us to replace an old program that was obsolete and no longer supported by the original software developer, and streamline our company's data/workflow needs. However, we have to put up with system quirks we can't afford to fix.

Quickbase has some flexibility, it can hold a good amount of data, you can set user controls for different users, and it can be customized to fit your company's needs. You can build apps from scratch or find apps others have developed and incorporate them into your system. You can do custom reports for your company reports or data collection, and save these reports in a spreadsheet format. You can filter your reports as well. It's based on laymen's programming language. They have pretty good customer service.

Quickbase is expensive, especially the more users you have. Some features require paying a higher price each month. Quickbase's biggest downfall is if you have the app(s) customized to do something in your organization, i.e. barcode scanning or advanced reservation capabilities, then that section of the app will have advanced programming language that you might not be able to edit. Our company doesn't have app programmers, so since our app was customized, to make significant changes we'd need to shell out big bucks to one of their third-party developers, or we'd need to have a staffer who could make changes. However, different companies have different workflows, so there have been instances where even Quickbase customer support couldn't make a change to what the third-party developer created, so your own company's programmer might even be at a loss. This was very frustrating for our company since we were led to believe we'd invest more money upfront and then just pay to maintain the software and have the support we needed so the app would grow with our company, not end up costing more if we needed changes. If you're a big corporation with lots of money, this is probably the way to go, but if you're a small company you might want to think carefully before investing in Quickbase for anything requiring customization.

5.0/10

Quickbase transformed our business

Bewertet am 4.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

My company is an energy efficiency contracting business with 20+ employees and $2.5M in annual revenue across residential and commercial business lines. Before we used Quickbase, we had used a combination of other software, and a proprietary software we built to manage our operations. Where these software fell short, Quickbase far exceeded. Simply put the ability create, extend, and change our application to meet our specific needs in a constantly changing environment is powerful. Our application has become our CRM, Project Management, and Operational tracking ad reporting software all built into one with a lot of automation and integration to boot!

Developing on Quickbase is incredibly easy. Most business operators with basic business software instincts can start building in Quickbase immediately, or they can choose an application on their exchange to start off with. Beyond the basics, where Quickbase really shines is how robust of a platform it is with incredible functionality including beautiful reporting, dynamic filtering, formula fields and form logic, integration ability, and more. There's always a new trick you can learn in Quickbase.

In terms of usability, that's really all in the app your choose to use or build. It can be really clunky or sleek. All depends on your ability to build a usable app. The design of the interface is basic, but they're in the process of rolling out a new UI called Mercury that looks great.

Quickbase does not provide a ton of customer support. They rely on an incredible community of users and developers as well as approved Quickbase Solutions Providers (QSPs) that customers can contract with for help with building their applications. But if you're looking to go at it on your own, you will have to dig if you need help with something. As savvy of as Quickbase user I am, it took me three years before I even learned that I had an account manager at Quickbase.

Mit Google übersetzen

Quickbase: the the missing link between applications and and business owners

Bewertet am 22.2.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

I have used Quickbase for about 2 years now, and I have needed to create the application for my company from scratch.
After having dabbled with the likes of designing a SQL or Access database, to creating a seemingly easier FileMaker application, Quickbase ended up winning those, hands down.

From a UI/UX perspective, Quickbase is a very intuitive products. You will immediately notice the attention to detail in designing this product the very first time you run into an error in a formula, or any design element. All feedback from the application is so detailed to the point where it practically resolves the issue for you. No other application has ever done that for me.

Furthermore, it allows even a non-technical user create fairly complex applications that are far from achievable using a normal database product.

Even if you are looking to create certain more advanced functionality in Quickbase, for instance, interacting with other applications via the API, you have native connectors within Quickbase which is constantly growing, and you can use applications like Zapier to further than integration without requiring any programming knowledge.

I can write about the benefits of this application for pages, but, I will just say that, if you are drowning in Excel sheets to run your business, and have no way to link your data in an elegant way, do yourself a favor, and check out Quickbase for this purpose.

- Easy of use (Great UI/UX)
- Flexible Interface
- Scalable
- Supports a full API for integration to virtually any other application
- Allows for scaling to a multi-user application, allowing for complex workflows to match business process.
- It's a mature product, which means that you would hard pressed to ask a question that hasn't already been answered by one of the Quickbase geniuses in the community forums.
- The community support is fantastic, and their support is very quick and efficient.

- Reports are not easily formattable. So, if you want to send out reports to your clients, or internally within the company, you would have to resort to 3rd party tools to allow for such functionality.
I'm hoping that Quickbase will work on this particular aspect of their reporting in future releases.

Antwort von QuickBase

Thanks for the fantastic review, George! Glad to hear QuickBase is working for you and your organization. We are always working to enhance QuickBase -- including updating our reporting options -- so please stay tuned for great new features in the future!

Mit Google übersetzen

An essential Project Management software.

Bewertet am 7.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

A major benefit is being able to keep track of all your files in one place. Then taking that data in those files and converting it into reports and charts.

This software will bring you and your origination into the 21st century. What is considered the "norm" are Excel files and sheets. Well with QuickBase, the software allows the user to create Apps. What these apps can do is create an entire realm of excel sheets into one application. This eliminates the need to save and send and keep track of one or many excel files. By have one application house all of your files any user can log into QuickBase and continue to works where the last person left off. No need to save and send and wait on some else to finish their part. All the data the lives inside these apps are in a "live" state and the data is shown in real time. The other good part about QuickBase is all this data can be converted into reports and charts, allowing the end user to display visual aids to meet needs.

There are a few minor cons however I will not write them as they are mainly just pet peeves of mines. I would say one con is, it will take some time for a new user of this software to start building applications. Now I am not saying this is a long process if the person is willing to learn they will learn rather quickly. QuickBase also offers what is called QuickBase University, user can join this online training course to help rapidly learn how to use this software.

Mit Google übersetzen

Customer service below par.

Bewertet am 29.5.2015
Quelle der Bewertung

Quickbase does not offer a phone number for customer service and sometimes take days to respond to e-mails. I often seem to know more about the program than the service representative I get - my boss says if I stay on the phone long enough with Quickbase I will figure a way around the problem while they tell me all the reasons something can't be done. I have found you can't respond to the surveys they send honestly if you want any help next time. The rep will scold you about how it negatively impacts their career and will likely not pick your email next time which means you wait that much longer before you get help next time. The reps like to call after office hours so they can show they attempted to respond quickly but you get no real help. The table-to-table relationships are so convoluted you will need a half-dozen fields and a weird relationship table to get information from one table to another, and then it won't arrive the way you want: It may be a drop-down that you have to click on four different fields to get the info from the other table. Ever need a simple number generator (x+1) for invoice numbers, job numbers, etc? Go somewhere else or hire someone to build you one (Excel users will cry). You get the response: we are working on that.
Bottom Line: when developing a management program you will have time-sensitive issues that will make you wish for something better.

Cloud-based program.

Convoluted, poor customer service, slow loading tables.

Antwort von QuickBase

Hi Brad -

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We do pay close attention to what our customers say about us, and are always looking for opportunities to improve.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with our Customer Care team. We set a high bar for delivering world-class customer service, and take your feedback seriously.

We have also been hard at work solving some of the product challenges you mentioned. This week we announced QuickBase Sync, a built-in feature that makes connecting QuickBase tables — and getting the right data in the right format — easier than ever. Many companies are also using Sync to import invoice numbers directly from their accounting platforms (QuickBooks Online, Intacct, or NetSuite, for example), which may help solve the formula challenge you mentioned.

Please feel free to follow up with me directly at melanie_porter@intuit.com. I am happy to continue working with you to ensure you're as successful as possible.

Mel Porter
Customer Care Leader
Intuit QuickBase

Quickbase: Easy to Learn, Rewarding to Master

Bewertet am 18.9.2015
Quelle der Bewertung

I have been using Quickbase since July of 2011 with my consulting firm that specializes in making Operations, Logistics, and Finance-related applications for many clients in the Washington, DC area. Coming from a statistics programming background, I found it very easy to start making simple relational databases and customize the user experience to my liking. Over the years, Quickbase has only gotten better in offering more options and polish, while still remaining stable and very robust for any number of use cases. One downside to being such a broad tool is that our clients sometimes don't even think to ask if something can be done in Quickbase, and instead wasting money on a more targeted application that is more out of the box ready. We commonly find that with new clients, making a simple app starts to open up the "what ifs" in their mind on what can be done in Quickbase. This is made even easier these days with the Quickbase App Exchange, showcasing beginner level applications, and the new Quickbase Sync which allows out of the box (one-way) data transfers from several 3rd party applications.

Overall as a developer, the more time you put into exploring what Quickbase can do, the more possibilities there are in meeting requirements for potential projects.

Easy to set-up, but has a lot of depth for those willing to take the time to learn. Low-code and great for experienced Excel and Google Sheets formula writers.

They are working on this, but the front end often receives complaints for looking too plain. Also the summary aggregation reports are in need of some TLC, and adding more functionality for picky executives who want things to look a certain way. I hope the attention they are putting into the very nice looking graphs and charting options is turned to Summary Reports soon!

QuickBase is awesome!

Bewertet am 5.11.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

There is so much I love about this product. Email notifications, customized databases, forms, rules, formulas etc. Using QuickBase has saved our department alot of money. We've built a lot of tools in-house instead of vetting and investing in additional vendors. If you have a technical mindset you can build anything with QuickBase. You can build experiences for your users that don't require alot of QB knowledge. We use it for lead retrieval, customer segmentation, CRM, marketing campaign management and much more.
QB has regular release dates, always bringing out new features, which is good.

The fact that anyone can create an application. We have many abandoned applications, however with some planning and rules put in place this is an easy solve. We also like it for project management, however have found to use other collaboration tools that allow to do things more quickly such as leaving a comment, checking things off as done as well as some file version control. all things doable in QB, however we had some issues with the team doing the admin work of updating. Using a different tool, then tying it to QB is the solve that worked for us

Mit Google übersetzen

Useful and innovative with a few unfortunate quirks.

Bewertet am 21.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The software can be made HIPAA compliant and we were able to gather data from it in another form. Those were the top 2 benefits.

The customization capabilities are impressive. You can create pretty much anything using this software, and what's even more impressive is that you can gather data using this software. I used it to create satisfaction surveys (both internally and externally) and it proved to be an invaluable tool in that sense. Additionally, this software proved to be a fantastic asset with maintaining patient portals, employee profiles, etc.

Unfortunately, profiles (as easy as they are to create) are very easy to delete and screw up. You can manipulate security access and such, but if someone makes a wrong move and deletes a profile (or worse, a FIELD), you're in trouble. ALL of that data will be lost if that happens. It would be nice to have an automatic backup of some sort just in case, but we did not find that to be an option in our testing and use of the product. There are a few odd quirks, as well -- for instance, you may have to create relationships that are multi-faceted or "backwards" to get profiles to "talk" to each other. Sometimes that feature is not as intuitive as you might hope.

Mit Google übersetzen

My experience with QuickBase has been favorable.

Bewertet am 14.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We were able to build our own solution with internal resources rather than having to hire an outside consultant.

I've used QuickBase for the past three years for my nonprofit organization which has a very modest tech budget. We use it for managing a small grants program. In very little time and few resources, we were able to build an application that helps us manage all our grant applications and build charts to get an overview of our applicants. I like QuickBase's power and flexibility.

With power and flexibility comes a lot of complexity. QuickBase isn't just a single software platform; it's a whole tech ecosystem which can be a bit overwhelming to a new user. I think some progress can be made in the user interface to make it more intuitive for beginners like me. That said, I've been able to find my way and I'm sure you will too.

Mit Google übersetzen

A great way to set goals, track progress, and clearly set tasks and deadlines for team members.

Bewertet am 18.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

QuickBase is, first of all, affordable. There are many different products on the market with similar functionality but also with a price tag which renders them impractical for many small businesses. With this software, we have been able to assign projects and deadlines to each member of the team while simultaneously providing a visual as to how their project contributes to the larger picture. Furthermore, this software has allowed us to identify projects which require more manpower or can be done with less; the identification of these situation has allowed us to proactively correct assignments before consternation among the team members arises.

The User Interface is a little confusing to navigate initially. To counteract this, we put together an instructional presentation and had our team members perform a brief exercise to ensure they were well equipped.

Mit Google übersetzen

Quickbase - for the motivated user

Bewertet am 14.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

Quickbase can be as powerful as you make it - it has the ability to build huge, custom, smart databases that are integrated with other platforms to remove data silos and ensure smooth and efficient work flows. However to really get the most out of Quickbase you need to be motivated to learn, explore and build test case apps to really understand what you need and how to get that out of QuickBase. The learning curve isn't too bad, and there is a fantastic community of users providing innovative solutions to problems all the time.

Great support and help system
New "QuickBase University" for training and learning is great for new and old users to develop their QB development
Fantastic flexibility to build exactly what you need

User interface - not great, our organisation has struggled with uptake due to the reasonably spartan and functional user interface

Mit Google übersetzen

Quickbase is the future of Databases

Bewertet am 5.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

If you are looking to streamline your data and have it available for all your company to have access at their fingertips... this is the application you need. We are a large Fuel provider and have started utilizing Quickbase applications for purchase orders, fleet management, parts returned, functions tremendously saves, etc. It has unified processes within the company that were never able to stick before. Data is retrievable quickly for instant answers. We learn from it every day and it has functions tremendously. Easy to use to develop apps for simple tasks or complex customer databases. Everyone should be using Quickbase!

The convenience and ease of the drop down functions to input data and then search it a plethora of ways for easy quick answers

Quickbase should provide more training and or tips that are easy to find and follow without having to pay for a seminar.

Mit Google übersetzen

A program that houses all of our client information in one place - awesome!

Bewertet am 21.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use it daily. All of our projects are managed through the system and connected with the client. It allows for each person in our company everything that we have completed and billed for, for each of our clients. All in one place, which is key!

There is quite a bit of flexibility built-in which allows us to customize reports on the data that is most important for each manager in the company.

There are some limitations/restrictions that don't allow for as much customization as we would like. At times we have to hire a programmer to help us customize features to get more out of the data that we have stored in there.

Mit Google übersetzen

An almost perfect tool for SMBs

Bewertet am 23.5.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

Easy transition from excel to quickbase. Very intuitive to import and create data-bases. I dont have any further programing background (except the programing classes I had during my engineering graduation), but still I was able to set the programs and reports I need for my company.

Lack of support for specific characters of the Portuguese / French / Spanish language, such as ç, é, è, ã etc. This made it impossible to use email synchronization tools (we use gmail) and even sending emails through the tool has problems with those characters.

It is very bad to send an email with the name of an unconfigured company just because it has a simple caret.

I'm not asking Quickbase to translate the tool, but only to make it usable by countries that do not use English alone. Because this does not allow us to use 100% of the tool, my note will not be 100% either.

Our Database Solution

Bewertet am 16.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The software has automated so much work through the reporting features saving us lots of time, and even creates an automatic schedule to run and email reports as needed.

The program is very flexible allowing you to essentially create a database that will handle nearly everything you need, and also grow to scale with your business. It is many steps up from using spreadsheets, and has helped automate a lot of tasks for us through report features.

The program is not intuitive to use, and feels like little real live support is given in helping you after you are initially set up. The cost also increased on us and I'm not sure I feel the value fits the cost... but it is the best solution I can find in the market right now.

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Project and portfolio management just got easier!

Bewertet am 15.7.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

If you're in the market for an easy to use, modular and scalable project management software with comprehensive reporting features, it's Quickbase. The software can be completely customized to fit your org's needs, detailing daily project management through portfolio management. Resources, financials and forecasting with NPV and risk assessments - its all included. Using Quickbase at full capacity, it can function as an enterprise software solution, storing all of your docs for clean cataloguing, or customizing fields for easy recall functionality. Keep your business organized and ontrack - one tool with everything in it.

Space gets tight quickly if using this system as an enterprise software solution. Be sure to calculate in ADVANCE to accomodate your budget.

Mit Google übersetzen

QuickBase is the lifeline of my daily tasks! Any answer I need, QB holds the answer!

Bewertet am 7.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

QuickBase has allowed us to streamline purchasing of numerous departments into one place. Easy reference to who, what, where, and how much is at everyone's fingertips. Tracking of parts, vehicle fleet info, uniform request... we have it all right there and it is so valuable.

Easy answers at your fingertips to all your data. Organizing your purchasing, fleet, employees is a snap. Creating an app to is simple and quick. The functionality of the database makes our business efficient and provides quick answers.

I wish there was more help from QB regarding app building rather than contracting out services. When you need guidance and direction, they should be able to help you on the spot to create and correct your app to get you up and running.

Mit Google übersetzen

QuickBase is a great way to get lots of people get lots of things done

Bewertet am 15.10.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

It's super flexible - lots of 'get you started' simple things.

intuit is providing more training about how to solve basic problems leading to more complex problems.

great online support tools, a nice community for extra solutions

it's really fast, and has great uptime

can set it up to be super secure, and still let 'anyone' use parts without violating secure area

flexible with a fair amount of customization

it's a little pricey if you only use the toolset to solve a single issue.
we have 7 different systems now that tie into each other, and that's made the $$ work out much better.

you can't always get things to visually look the way you want to

Mit Google übersetzen

we use this to send and receive PO's from our customers.

Bewertet am 21.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

makes it easier for us to send P.O.'s back and forth between us and our customer. Saves time and money.

user friendly and easy to navigate through the site. you can find what you are looking for quickly.
its very convenient way to send documents back and forth between us and our customers.

when you are up loading files at certain times of the day I.E. mid morning and afternoon. it takes a long time to upload docs. to the site some times it times out or you need to restart the process again . this would be the only con i have about this product.

Mit Google übersetzen

QuickBase is customizable and has helped my nonprofit track grants, events, individual donations as well as social services

Bewertet am 22.9.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Extremely useful for grants management. We have been using the nonprofit manager application for three years and love it. We also created six other applications to track social services including afterschool care, legal advocacy and public program application assistance.

Very customizable, quick and easy search. Helpful support services. Low-cost. Can easily download information and upload information from Excel.

Wish I had more time and knew more to customize the templates with my organizations branding, but as a backend management system. This product is perfect right out of the box.

Best Modular Application on the Market

Bewertet am 24.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

I recently started coaching at a gym that trains athletes. We needed a better way to keep track of our clients, their tests, their payments, and workouts. I had looked at all the "off the shelf" applications that were 'designed' for gyms, and none of them did everything we needed. In a few weeks with QuickBase, I had a fully customized and functioning application for our business, and the feedback from clients is great.

Customizable to what you need and how you want it, (but you have to know what you want)

Pretty expensive if you are only 1 or 2 users, you'll have to find a way to combine efforts with other users if you are a less than 3 man shop.

Mit Google übersetzen

The best application to build your business empire.

Bewertet am 7.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

QuickBase helps the users to create a workspace easily. The users could do this even without any knowledge of coding. The interface is very simple and neat. This application can be especially helpful and easy for users who are well equipped with Excel. Though initially there shall be some trouble in getting what you require, a little research can help you to build a great application. It is completely worth the money that is being spent on it.

The support team is not very efficient. The only provided method of contacting them is through emails, which take several days for a response. Other queries need to be dealt with the Solution Providers.

Mit Google übersetzen

Powerful cloud platform to design and implement admin apps

Bewertet am 9.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

I have implemented admin solutions for HR, finance, accounting, project control, expenses report, purchase orders to suppliers, budgeting, electronic approval process, and many other processes.
One account, many users, many apps for many different kind of solutions, fast implementation.
New features added on a regular basis.

Price, only 20 users for mid size plan. This system is oriented to improve teamwork within a company, I miss a platform like this to interact between the company and its customers.

Mit Google übersetzen

Database software being used for Project Management and collection of data for Accounting

Bewertet am 10.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I like the premise of QB and the ability to become what it needs to become. However, if basing my review on what I need it for, which is Project Management, Estimating and Accounting, it would take a lot of time and money to 'become' close to what is needed and some features such as Estimating, would never be able to accomplish what we need on the General Construction platform.

The ability/option to customize as needed.
The ability to add other modules and manipulate the user interface.

The lack of functions needed unless customized. Unless you have an IT person on-board or handy, it is unlikely that you will get the results you want without creating other issues. We had a dedicated employee with QB experience, to work on QB build-out only and even she had difficulty creating and modifying to make the program work for several different divisions within our company, all with different needs.

6.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Quick Base enables non-programmers to create user-friendly databases

Bewertet am 14.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am not a developer, but Quick Base has enabled me to set up databases for users within our organization that have been widely used over many years.

You don't have to be a programmer to create a database in Quick Base. But if you are a programmer, Quick Base offers many sophisticated options.

The "development sandbox" is not a true sandbox, because changes are not easily promoted to production. Licenses are considered expensive, so we have to limit the number we provision at our company.