Alma SIS

Plattform für Online-Schulmanagement und Schülerengagement.

Sortieren nach

Maria Elisa
Maria Elisa

Alma was useful for me as a teacher. It helped me stay organized in my plannings and assessment...

Bewertet am 21.6.2018

What I liked the most about this Software is that it helps teachers to stay organized in their daily plannings, but also in the evaluation process.

This was my first year as a teacher, and I loved using ALMA because I got the chance to put all the information that I needed in that Software. Just by clicking on ALMA I could take attendance, find information about my students, update my plannings, follow the CCSS Standards and upload the grades.

At the beginning of the school year, it was a little complicated for me to understand how ALMA worked. I had to ask many times to the Principal of my school about how to upload my daily plannings and align the assessments to the Standards. However, after a few weeks of practicing, it became easier for me.

• Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Alma Makes My Job SOOOO Much Easier!

Bewertet am 3.5.2022

Overall, our experience has been very positive. The quick responses to questions and the help available is wonderful!
We do have some questions about standardized grading (we plan to tackle those questions this summer!!)

I LOVE the customer service, everyone is very personable and quick to respond. My questions are answered completely and I am always directed to where I can find answers to my questions. The program is very easy to use and, typically, I can figure out most issues I am having using the resource pages.

It might be lack of knowledge on our end, but the teachers are not happy with the standardized grading in Alma. I would also like to be able to allow more detailed access to only certain teachers with specified things.

Kathryn
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Alma is not providing teachers with and easy to use platform for grading, attendance, etc.

Bewertet am 23.2.2018

I like that I can look up any student in our school and see that student's schedule and current information.

1. Our students (Seniors especially) cannot get their current transcripts. This is troubling for many reasons. Perhaps the most important being their choices for scholarships and higher education will be affected by this. Students cannot apply for financial assistance through scholarships without current transcripts. I have personally spoken with at least three students who have missed out on scholarship opportunities, simply because they cannot access current transcripts.
2. Can't see overall student GPA
3. Can't see student class rank
4. Student Mobile usage is very confusing. Can't see grades the way they should.
5. Ease of access is horrible
6. No mobile app, and mobile website is very difficult to read
7. Not organized well
8. When emailing "all students" I cannot exclude certain classes; I can't email multiple classes at once without including EVERYONE
9. For attendance, it is very confusing. If a student is marked present first class, they are marked present for the entire day. This was clearly set up for use in an Elementary School. High School is different. We need to be able to see where our students are throughout the day.
10. Inputting grades takes many more steps than our previous system. There is no way to toggle between students with the keyboard.
11. There should be a way to block certain people from seeing certain information. At the beginning of the school year, student Social Security Numbers were viewable by any teacher or staff in our building.

Antwort von Alma

Below we briefly address each of your concerns. But, because your satisfaction is our starting point, we will also follow-up for a deeper conversation about this. We want you to be elated with Alma!
#1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11) We do provide the functionality you're describing and would love to review each item with you. Based on the information you provided, these concerns may indicate further training is needed. Your Account Manager will be in touch soon or you can always contact us through our in-app support.
#5 and 7) Most of Alma¿s users love our ease-of-use, navigation, and access, but as with all things, we can/will keep getting better. Let¿s discuss further.
#4 and 6) Depending on the phone size and the gradebook in use, the experience for viewing student grades on a phone can be less than ideal. We are actively exploring more options.
#8) Great idea! This is the first time we have heard this, so thank you for bringing it to our attention. Your suggestion has been logged

Ryan

Alma SIS- Big pros and small cons

Bewertet am 30.4.2020

EXCELLENT support. The resources provided are clear and helpful, and support staff are more responsive than any other product or service I have experienced. Absolute top notch support.

In addition to standard features of other applications, this product provides the ability to generate customized reports on just about any type of student data, and also automates the bulk of our report card procedure.

This product does not compile data well- eg. Student grades or attendance expressed as an overall average, rather than being listed by course. Additionally, while attendance by class records is supported, this data is of limited reporting functionality compared to attendance by day.

Peg
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Power features in an easy to learn platform

Bewertet am 9.7.2021

Responsiveness is just amazing. The weekly Q&A sessions with live support team members is very helpful.

Being able to customize information within student records has been very helpful. Standard reports included generally provide needed information, but creating a custom report is also pretty easy.

Would love to be able to view by grade level rather than having to pick students individually or using the data spreadsheet editor.

Michelle
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent option for smaller schools

Bewertet am 13.12.2021

Easy to use and manage, it has multiple layers that allow students, parents, and educators to communicate and document work.

It took a long time to set up, but once it was active it was easy to navigate

Monica
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Best SIS I have used

Bewertet am 6.11.2023

Alma is so easy to build out and use. They get more and more features every year.....For example, we can now import new student information, and easily run all of our NYS reports. It's really amazing how comprehensive yet seemingly simple Alma is at each user level. I think that because it's on the newer end of student information systems, the interface is just simpler...they don't need to account for decades' worth of data that was entered in a certain way years and years ago.

The recently changed their customer support to a tiered system, making it more difficult to get answers quickly. That said, the system is simple enough that questions don't come up all that often. Also, they are building out their SFTP capacity, but I wish it could communicate directly with our lottery/enrollment system.

Antwort von Alma

Thank you for recognizing Alma as the best SIS you've used! We're delighted to hear about its ease of use and evolving features, like the ability to import student data and generate NYS reports. Your appreciation for Alma's comprehensive, yet simple interface is highly valued.

Regarding customer support, we aim to balance high-quality assistance with efficiency.

Your feedback is crucial, and we are dedicated to continuously refining Alma to serve your needs even better.

• Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I have enjoyed the switch to Alma. For the most part, it is user-friendly and intuitive.

Bewertet am 6.3.2018

It does not require extensive training to learn how to use; the parent portal gives parents all the info they need at their fingertips; it has centralized all of our student info and made it accessible to all staff who need it; the report card design process is great--you can really customize it to suit your needs; they are constantly releasing updated and improved features based on customer feedback and requests; customer support is always available and very friendly/responsive.

The reporting functions are limited--it is frustrating at times not being able to design customized reports or to tweak the built-in reports for your exact needs; teachers have some complaints about gradebook's functionality (although many aspects of the gradebook are much better than our former system--it's tough to find everything you need in one program--there are always going to be tradeoffs); scheduling was a bit of a nightmare (on the other hand, our school's programming is very non-standard and often breaks software); there is no app yet--or even a mobile-friendly view--which is really needed for our population, where a large % of parents use their phones exclusively for internet access.

April
April

Easy to use and provides an enjoyable experience.

Bewertet am 4.5.2018

I am able to quickly get in touch with my students at any time regarding any matter that needs to be addressed.

I like the fact that this software is simple to use with no prior instructions needed to start. I was able to accurately use the software the same day that I bought it meaning that I was able to really get a grasp on how it works. I also am a fact that I can create a file report for each student and write notes daily to track their progress. This is not something that seems to be common with software, but I appreciate the added touch.

I wish that the software gave me the ability to see absences as well as when students have been tardy. Having this information handy would allow me to file my reports more accurately. I also am not a fan of the price tag, I feel as though it could be cheaper.

Carlos
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Very useful and complete tool

Bewertet am 6.12.2023

The platform is very easy to use and intuitive.

The platform looks like a little bit old-fashioned

Antwort von Alma

Thanks for the review, Carlos. We are proud to have created such a comprehensive, easy-t0-use, and intuitive tool for educators!

Curious what you are comparing Alma's design to? We have never heard anything but praise for our clean and very modern design, so your comment has us a bit confused!

Camrynne

Great user interface

Bewertet am 29.1.2021

The transition from a different software was pretty smooth. Support has been helpful. Our teachers are happy with the system. Parents haven't complained. No real hidden fees (unless we want to have them add custom fields or custom reports). We are happy with Alma, and looking forward to ongoing development of additional functionality.

Alma has a great user interface! It is much more intuitive, FUN, and easy to use than the software we were using previously. It really shines in the LMS arena. Our registrar is very happy with how the class configuration, grades, report cards, etc. work in Alma. Our teachers appreciate the ease of use and the integration with Google Classroom. Our parents appreciate not having to pay for the app. We appreciate that so far there aren't a lot of extra add-ons that you have to pay for. The pricing tiers are very straightforward. They roll out new features/functionality regularly.

Because Alma started as an LMS and added SMS/SIS functionality, you can see that it shines the most in LMS functions. There have been quite a few data fields that we were accustomed to using in our old system that do not exist in Alma. You can pay extra to have them developed/added, but there is no way to do that yourself. As for reports, there are good default reports in the system, and you can do a fair amount of custom reports, but it is not as comprehensive as we had hoped. We wish Alma had a way to give parents access to directory information (of other parents in their grade or the whole school. We wish it had a way for parents to enter/track their volunteer hours. We wish it had more functionality in the emergency contact/ medical information. We wish it had a more robust lesson planning capability.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

FACTS

Warum Alma SIS gewählt wurde

Lower cost, better user interface

Zuvor genutzte Software

FACTS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Alma SIS

Price, functionality, user interface
Kenneth
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A flexible and responsive product. Unbelievably effective and efficient.

Bewertet am 11.5.2020

We have reduced our printing costs, improved communication with parents, and successfully submitted our PIMS state reports. Communication with Alma has been great! The online resources and chat feature are very effective. Chat is answered within 10 minutes, often in less time. They have been responsive to our needs. Feedback from the teachers about their use of Alma has been very positive.

The user interface is very intuitive. Everything is where one would expect it to be within the program. Migration to Alma from our previous SIS was so straight forward and seamless that I was not sure the SIS was going to be ready on schedule. It was ready on schedule and very few issues have been encountered.
Issuing digital report cards is very easy and our parents love it. We also communicate with our parents on a regular basis by using the email feature in Alma. Parents also have expressed satisfaction with the parent portal for checking their student's grades. Teachers find it very easy to use the gradebook.

Any concerns/needs we have expressed to Alma have resulted in instant inquiry and potential solutions.

Garrett

Not for High Schools

Bewertet am 19.10.2023

Honestly tough to answer. It’s nice as a club sponsor to be able to email whole groups of students (not just those in my classes).

Basically every single function/aspect is worse than Infinite Campus. Entering grades, making/changing seating charts, printing roster spreadsheets are all more difficult and time consuming than IC. This program is not suited for secondary schools.

Antwort von Alma

Thank you for your feedback on transitioning to Alma. Understanding that changes can be challenging, we're committed to supporting you. Your insights help us improve our platform continually.

We're pleased Alma's group emailing feature enhances your club activities, fostering communication and collaboration, essential in education.

Concerns about Alma's aspects, particularly versus Infinite Campus, are important to us. Having transitioned thousands from Infinite Campus to Alma, we've received overwhelmingly positive feedback about our platform's intuitiveness and efficiency. Your experience seems to be an exception, and we want to address your concerns thoroughly.

We suggest additional training for better navigation in Alma. Our team is ready to guide you, ensuring you fully leverage all features.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We're looking forward to working closely with you to enhance your experience with Alma, making it positive and productive.

• Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

It took a little getting used to at first, but I really ended up liking it.

Bewertet am 12.7.2018

First of all, I liked how often improvements were made throughout the year. It seemed that ALMA was always looking for ways to continue to improve the software in order to make it more user friendly. As a PE teacher, my grading system is quite different from the classroom teacher. I have 19 different classes (K-6) with about 30 students in each class. Each class would attend PE 2x each week. At first, it was very arduous to submit all the grades, one student at a time, at the end of each term. One of the improvements that occurred during this past school year, was to be able to submit an entire class's grades at the same time! That one change lightened my work load tremendously! And made it so I looked forward to doing grades instead of dreading it!

As I became more familiar with the features of the software, I became more comfortable using it, but I regret that it took me into my 2nd year using it, to become the most comfortable. Even so, the thing I liked the least about using this software was when I needed to make changes to the lesson details and maneuvering around the different tabs was a but cumbersome to have. Too many steps to have to make the changes I needed to. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Sarah

Excellent Customer Service and Attractive Design

Bewertet am 19.1.2021

Excellent communication with between admin, staff and school families. A plethora of helpful articles and a very responsive tech support make Alma very easy and satisfying to use.

Alma has a very clean aesthetic with intuitively easy to use. The customer service is top-notch. Even during the pandemic, the response time has been exceptional. The techs are supportive, humorous, collegial, yet professional. Really happy with this platform.

I am looking forward to their continued build-out of the transcript function of their platform. They register all suggestions with their engineers, and once they get enough "up votes" they add them to the next roll-out. Can't ask for a more egalitarian system of continuous improvement.

Jonathan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A solid program with good support that currently lacks a few features.

Bewertet am 8.5.2020

My overall experience with Alma has been very positive. I prefer this program to any other SIS that I have used.

Alma is very easy to use, even for those that are not particularly proficient with technology. It's functionality is improved from other SIS programs I have used in the past (Progressbook and Power School). As an administrator, I have far more control to make changes and adjustments that fit my staff and students. The customer support team is also very helpful and responsive.

There are some features that are missing. We have requested GPA-based grade calculation and some additions to transcripts that have not yet been implemented. However, several other features that we have requested have been implemented over the past two years.

Devendra Kumar
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

"Experience the Power of Alma's Innovative Software Platform!"

Bewertet am 5.1.2023

We are using Alma to solve several business problems. Firstly, Alma enables us to manage our library/media collections and resources more efficiently and effectively. This includes providing our users with easy access to electronic resources and print materials, along with tracking and managing our collection. Additionally, Alma allows us to better serve our patrons by providing them with a more intuitive and user-friendly interface for searching, discovering, and accessing our library materials.The benefits we have realized with Alma include improved organization, ease of access and access to electronic resources, increased collaboration, and improved user experience. Alma has made it easier to manage our library materials, given our patrons greater access to resources, and allowed us to provide more personalized services. Additionally, Alma has allowed us to easily share resources between users and collaborate with other libraries in our area. Finally, Alma has enabled us to provide our patrons with a more intuitive, user-friendly interface for searching, discovering, and accessing our library materials.

The most impactful features of a product depend on a variety of factors such as the type of product and the industry it serves. Generally, features that provide the most value to customers, such as ease of use and integration with existing business processes, are most impactful. Additionally, features that provide a significant advantage over competitors, such as advanced analytics or automation, are also likely to be very impactful.

I feel that the product could be improved by adding a feature to allow users to easily customize the look and feel of their project dashboard. It would be helpful to have more options for customizing the layout and design of the dashboard. Additionally, it can be difficult to find specific tasks within a project or to quickly filter tasks. It would be great to have a feature to allow users to quickly filter tasks by keyword or tag. Integration with existing business processes could also be improved by providing more options for integrating with external services, such as Slack or Google Calendar.

Arnab
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

"Alma SIS: An Innovative School Management Solution for the 21st Century".

Bewertet am 14.2.2023

I have had a great experience with Alma SIS. The system is incredibly user friendly, with a modern and intuitive interface. I have found several features to be incredibly helpful, such as the ability to easily track student progress and quickly access student data. The system also allows for easy customization, such as creating personalized dashboards and reports.

I liked how powerful and customizable the Alma SIS software is. With it, I can customize every single detail of my school's workflow, from scheduling classes and managing student accounts to tracking attendance, setting up library catalogs, and creating custom reports. The software also allows me to easily create groups and import data from various sources, including student information systems, library catalogs, and grade books.

One of the main issues I have with Alma SIS is its lack of scalability for larger campuses. It's very difficult to effectively manage large amounts of data, and Alma SIS does not provide the necessary solutions for efficiently managing large schools. Additionally, the interface is not intuitive and can be difficult to navigate. Finally, Alma SIS does not offer any customization options, so campuses are limited in terms of how they can customize the platform to their needs.

Caroline
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A great Student Information System for schools

Bewertet am 9.7.2021

Alma is always open on my computer in the classroom so that I can add/change grades, put in discipline issues, or check on student information at the click of a button. I do like that it securely logs me out after a time period, but it is easy to log back in. This is a great tool for every school.

This is one of the easiest products I've used at a school. It did not take me long to learn how to use it. I am able to find student information quickly. It is easy to add student grades, or link ALMA to my Google Classroom where grades are automatically uploaded for me. It has a plethora of features, all of which are vital for the seamless running of a school.

I would love to see the Curriculum calendar more developed so that curriculum, units and standards could be added. I played with it a little last year but struggled to figure this section out. I believe it is in the works, however.

Sandra
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Switched to Alma, never going back!

Bewertet am 6.5.2022

Before we switched our school to Alma we were using multiple programs to help our teachers with their record keeping responsibilities. We had one program for grading, another one for rosters, and yet another one for communication with parents. We even had an entirely different program to help generate grade reports and student schedules. None of them interfaced with each other, and our staff were often doing double and triple entries for each student. Since switching to Alma we have reduced the administrative burden on our teachers and office staff by over 50%. Alma has enabled our teachers to better utilize their office time, and freed up valuable opportunities for more one on one teaching time. This is a win-win for everyone involved in the education process. Thank you Alma!

Alma integrates our administrative processes into one, easy to use program that both parents and teachers love!

The financial/billing component is not as comprehensive as we need.

Chastity

Alma Review

Bewertet am 24.2.2023

The product is easy to use, and user friendly. Your Alma rep introduces you to the transition and start up. One on one calls to help with any questions. The customer service is always right there. In the past I would have to be the one to submit a ticket but with Alma all of our users can do that. The spreadsheet editor is probably one of the best features; being able to edit student information in one place for all students is easy and efficient for time.

We have noticed a few features that I have given feed back to. I don't know if that will go into place but would be helpful, they are minor things though. Although it is nice to have the chat sessions readily available there has been times where it would be more beneficial to talk with someone over the phone as it it can be hard to describe what help one needs.

Nikki

Using Alma

Bewertet am 10.3.2016

We began using the Alma gradebook last year, and then the Learning Report feature this year. Initial set up of the files and transfers was a little bumpy with customer service at the beginning of the year, so this accounts for 4 instead of 5 stars. From there, the team has really worked to adjust files to our needs, particularly when we come up to report card time.

The program still seems relatively new, as the team is building and embedding resources as it goes, and customer service is responsive to requests for new types of reports. I really appreciate the chat feature in the program, to see which customer service members have seen a message in the queue, and that I get an email if I'm not online to see it.

One difficulty that has taken some time is the process of loading our state standards. Only national Common Core standards for math and ELA, and the National Science Standards are available for the gradebook side. This meant hours, hours and hours of work on our part to code and format our state standards to send to Alma so that, hopefully soon, they can be uploaded and our teachers can use them. In the meantime, no scores on the gradebook side can be loaded for any subject other than math, ELA, and science, given that we want to use Common Core and NSS standards for those assignments.

The process of loading specialized learning targets for report cards was very easy the first term. Since we were learning the process, teachers wanted to create some adjustments to those for the second term, and that required a huge effort on Alma's end, so we've been nervous and eager to see that working and get reports done in time for parents. Likely, now that we've gone through that with them, it would be easier for other schools if needed from this point forward.

Antwort von Alma

We are working all of the time to improve our custom and state standards import process. We appreciate not only your patience with the process but your feedback. We also hope to make updating academic targets smoother - as we know these are constantly evolving at schools. We will keep you updated on any progress we make. Thanks again for the feedback!

Kieran

I greatly enjoyed the user-friendly interface as compared with Plus Portals: Alma had all I...

Bewertet am 25.6.2018

This was the most user-friendly, aesthetically pleasing learning management platform I have used. The staff seemed friendly and in consistent dialogue for improvement, which puts it ahead of the others I have used.

Aside from the user-friendly interface (for faculty, parents, and students), I liked, essentially, how accommodating the site was for my needs. I liked that posting assignments was easy and that eventually the option to duplicate assignments was added. I also like being able to upload files, links, and write (and see clearly!) instructions in the assignment narrative box. Speaking of which, the option to comment thoughtfully on assignments was great.

I remember wishing that I wanted the duplicate feature to duplicate everything as it only copied some of the information, not all of it. I also wish teachers could set preferences, like a memory or default setting, so that I wouldn't have to click between tabs if that was not a frequently used tab (for instance, clicking "details" instead of seeing the student roster when checking assignments).

Nicole

So easy to use! Great for quick grade updating.

Bewertet am 21.6.2018

It is easy to use and it makes it so easy to communicate student performance with parents and administrators.

I love how easy it is to use. I can have my students call out scores for homework assignments and be updating them during class time. I also love it as a parent communication tool. With the simple categories and live updates, I can quickly show my parents where their students are struggling simply by updating my gradebook.

I wish the assignments in each subject were sorted with the most recent assignments right next to the students names. I also wish there was a feature that would allow you to email a particular group or class right from the main screen instead of having to open that class.

Lindsey
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Alma has been great as responding to our requests for improvements and additional features.

Bewertet am 2.3.2018

I love the visual simplicity of the grade book and the compatibility with Standards Based Grading. Not many grading softwares have the finesse for options and sophistication within SB. I've also had great response from folks on the team to help fix issues quickly and respond to inquiries.

We are still figuring out how to set up out report card to best reflect SBG. Since our school writes narrative reports in addition to assigning standards, the option for narrative reports still needs some work. Our teachers write extensive narrative reports, and currently, the text options are pretty minimal, including text edit features when copying and pasting from an outside document. Additionally, we'd LOVE to see compatibility with Google Classroom for assignments and the grade book.