Tailwind Bewertungen

Tailwind

Web-based trucking & freight broker software for SMBs

4.5/5 (40 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

An awesome program that is a life saver for small freight brokerages!

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The software is awesome. It makes my life easier on a daily basis. Out of the many TMS softwares I reviewed, this one has almost every feature I was looking for and has an extremely affordable price.

I went through an extensive TMS review when starting my own freight brokerage. Having used several of the biggest names in TMS in the past, I was expecting them to lead the pack. After my evaluations were complete, I found that Tailwind had an extremely robust set of features that were all web-based at an affordable price. Being able to sign into the TMS system on any device with an internet connection has been a life saver while traveling.

They have a great customer portal that allows customers to log in and see the status of their shipments live as they are updated, which saves a ton of time and makes communication easier. Customers have told me that our TMS is better than companies 100 times our size. In the rare event that the software is missing a feature that would be helpful, they listen and bring suggestions to their development team. Several of my suggestions have been rolled out as updates.

Their customer service is top notch. They have an extensive knowledge database with articles and videos for almost every topic and a responsive customer service team that always answers questions quickly through their online chat or on the phone. Tailwind also offers weekly live training sessions that got us up and running in just a few days.

In starting a new business, choosing Tailwind TMS was one of the best decisions I have made. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for a great TMS solution.

The only cons I can think of is that they don't have an iPhone app (but I am able to log in through the browser) and their sorting options for shipments in the system could be a little more robust. You can save what items are shown on different screens, but are unable to save a sorted view (i.e. always show the list in order of pick date).

Tailwind is great!

Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 20.6.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our initial experience with Tailwind was a little "rough". However, John and Kyle worked with us and saw us through our implementation problems. What I really like about Tailwind is the support. The support team is responsive and appropriately reactive. With respect to the program, it is organized and user friendly. We broker in our business and had tried some demos with other transportation management systems but they didn't fit as well as Tailwind has. Tailwind makes our work more efficient, there are fewer mistakes made as you only have to enter the data once and we can see the process through to billing. Tailwind has helped our business to grow and become more profitable.

Data only needs to be entered once
Fewer errors
Allows tracking of previous loads so you can look at history to help with the future loads

There are a few bugs we are ironing out.

Tailwinds rating review

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 17.6.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We started with Tailwinds in 2013 and found that the software developed our internal system to where we could increase both dispatchers and accounting efficiencies. Working together with Tailwinds, we've increased our business significantly without any development problems with the volume increase.

It efficiency handles booking and costing of loads, has good credit capabilities built in for reference of potential credit issues, reporting is good with most being able for export to Excel if further analysis is needed, and the cost is reasonable for well working software.

Sorting capabilities should be based on more than one criteria. This would probably be an easy fix with TW software people.
Clients should get a workshop how to build report generators tailored to their business needs rather than requesting TW software team to built it.

Excellent TMS

Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 23.6.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Tailwinds is very user friendly and has customizable features that can be done at the user level or through their support network.
Run into an issue? Just call or email their support team, responses are always quick and solutions just as good.

We are continuously utilizing more and more of the components of the software every day. TW can be as small or as large a part of your TMS system as you want it to be.

Mit Google übersetzen

Customer Support is superb! They develop software targeting user feedback. Best service in my book!

Bewertet am 3.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As a startup business I easily completed integration and worked efficiently from day one. The invoicing is very detailed collecting information from the normal workflow of dispatch to billing. Tailwind has developed a very powerful platform with customizable features for any size business. During integration their customer support via live chat that stays with you on each screen is amazing. It's as good as having an in house IT department in your office working on your system all day. Truly amazing customer support. The training videos allows you to continually go back and learn the basics. The way the system operates and the access to training videos, makes on boarding new employees a snap. They basically do it for you with all of the videos. Lynda is the dedicated trainer and she rocks!!!!

Dispatch and operation work flow. New order screen has all features on one page. This was created after listening to customer feedback. Their updates happen so fast following feedback, big thumbs up to the development team.

Mit Google übersetzen

Robust trucking software that is pleasant to look at with great customer support

Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Aesthetics was a huge consideration, and who ever designed this software had feng shui in mind, great to look at!

You will appreciate the customer support you receive with this software. Tailwind is easy enough to use and very pleasant to look at (which is important if you have to stare at this software for several hours a day). However, the true strength of this offering comes from the company's dedication to making sure that you understand how to use the software and get the most out of it. They have great training videos, and you can set up a personal training session. Everyone I have talked to there is super pleasant and eager to help. Other software companies just hand it to you and say, figure it out and let us know if you need anything. Not Tailwind. They generally want to make sure that the software is a good fit for you and will do back flips to make sure you get what you need. The tip about using multiple browser tabs with different pages of the software open to quickly move between sections, while obvious once you use it, was a great idea I didn't initially think of.

It's a bit expensive for a smaller company, but as you grow, they can be flexible with adding features/users for a discount.

Mit Google übersetzen

Square peg in round hole

Bewertet am 13.7.2010
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Not recommended for anyone in the bulk transport business or with a high volume of shipments, or for anyone who wants something easy and intuitive.

SQL back-end, integration to Crystal Reports.

Well considering we have had the software for a YEAR and still haven't got it implemented because of a long series of workarounds and changes in direction, i would say this software's grasp exceeds it's reach.

It has been a very frustrating experience and it does not suit the bulk trucking market well at all. The software is not well designed from a user interface point of view, or a database design point of view - it is incredibly slow even running on new hardware, and is very inflexible in terms of managing billing and payouts. Poor implementation across the board - looks nice on the surface but underneath it's ugly.

They have packed it full of too many under-developed features that are very unfinished and rough-edged - they do not have enough development staff to support this product despite their best intentions, and it forces you to follow a very linear path to get anything done. VERY high maintenance and does not inspire confidence at any level.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use with excellence!! Sophisticated and very well designed!

Bewertet am 11.4.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

IN the past, I worked on different dispatch software, however, when I was introduced to TAILWIND, I fell in love with it. It is very user friendly, outstanding technical support, very well organized training with super friendly TAILWIND team, who are always there for you, whenever you need them...........TAILWIND rocks my transport dispatching world!

User friendly, excellent technical support, friendly team

Nothing I can think of right now

Tailwind

Bewertet am 9.3.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

"There is no other way to go than being on a maintenance and support plan with Tailwind. I have noticed a huge improvement with the new Customer Success Platform that is being offered. Previously, we were not using the system to its full potential. Angelena reached out to us this year and ensured that we are receiving the attention we require. Specifically, as a Platinum customer I will receive a one on one session with the "awesome" Lynda Clare. I am confident that as a result of this intervention we will receive all the help we need to learn how to use the system comprehensively and to run reports that will further align my business needs with the Tailwind Software. If we have a technical problem your support team helps us immediately and our issues are resolved. I have enjoyed the stability of your support team; Mark, Sandy, Eg and Richard are all great at their jobs and walk us through to the answers we require. Working with Tailwind in 2016 will enable me to get my business to the next level of success."

Great Software Very User Friendly

Bewertet am 31.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Just got off the phone with rep and I wanted let everyone at Tailwind know how impressed we are with your system. This is the most user friendly and customizable software we have looked at. You are headed in the right direction because not everyone does it the same and you have created your software with that understanding in mind. Thanks for all the hard work and listening to our ideas and being able to make those ideas work.

They have simplified the settings to the point you can customize it to fit your business whether its asset based or brokerage or owner operators

I have not found anything i dont like they have addressed all our concerns and adjusted their software to fit us

Mit Google übersetzen

The culture of Tailwind is quality and everyone is very knowledgeable, helpful and kind.

Bewertet am 10.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

All I need to make our business going : Database, Accounting & Administration, Equipment and Driver Management, Quotes and Orders, Alerts and Load Tracking & Reporting. Among many other operations. Thank you, Tailwind!

The fact that Tailwind is an "all in one application" helps us run the business more effectively and we have access to it from any device. The features are unique and the platform is constantly improving to fulfill every need.

I have a hard time coming up with something because if I do have an issue that needs to be resolved right away, I immediately have a solution from Tailwind's support system.

Mit Google übersetzen

Overall, I would recommend this program to any dispatch in the industry.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, I would recommend this program to any dispatch in the industry. It is a very user friendly system that provides all the necessary information to complete the required daily processes.

Tailwinds provides a clear board that uses a variety of colours and headings to make it easy to read and offers a great deal of information. The setup of the program is straightforward, allowing for smooth work processes. The error popups provide a clear explanation of the problem so you know where and how to correct the error. They also have excellent customer support services with representatives who are able to explain things in a manner that is easy to understand. Overall, it is very user friendly.

The warnings can cause an inconvienence when they continuously popup everytime something is resaved. In addition, refreshing the screen can take a great deal of time in the receivables section.

Mit Google übersetzen

Very pleases with the classes and satified with Tailwind

Bewertet am 9.6.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The training classes were informative and Lynda thoroughly answered all of my questions. I am very new to the transportation industry - Lynda took the time to explain the terminology to me so I have a better understanding of the industry in general and my business specifically. The program is fairly easy to understand once you go to training and if you access Lynda to have a private session. The program absolutely saves me time by helping me to get organized with my tasks. I deal with the accounting side of the business and because Tailwind has a colour coding system in place, I am able to see what invoices are due ahead of time. I will be able to get my invoices in and out ON TIME. My staff in the Dispatch side of the business tell me that Tailwind has really helped them to do their jobs well. Lynda, has a very nice demeanour and voice so she is not only knowledgeable but also very easy to listen to.

Gretchen Hayes, Reliable Source Logistics
Account Manager

We made the transition from a custom DOS program to Tailwind last year 2015

Bewertet am 3.2.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our old system was DOS based and when we upgraded our computers we needed to get a new Transportation Management System. After a year of using Tailwind, I feel like I understand how to use the system, I can get help when I have a problem and I have the ability to cross-train with my staff so the system is continually adapting to our evolving business needs.
In just 1 year Tailwind Support has grown and it shows. As a Platinum customer, when I call in with a technical issue, your support team answers the phone promptly and logs into my system to help me. They can see my screen, I love learning and your support team helps teach me how to tackle my software issues. Customer service is better than ever. I would recommend to all of your customers to choose a Platinum level Maintenance and Support Plan.

Mit Google übersetzen

This software IS awesome!!

Bewertet am 13.5.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are a small company, it's just me, my emlpoyer and 5 drivers. We just received our authority two years ago. The old software we were using was very tedious and I never heard back from their support department when I needed help. With Tailwind I can punch in 5 dispatches in less than 15 minutes, it used to take me about an hour. I save a significant amount of time using Tailwind. The training is wonderful, I appreciate the Q&A classes and the structure that is available to learn how to use the system. Your trainer is quick to accommodate and can answer all of my questions. Tailwind's support department is incredible, I have a solution to a technical problem within 20minutes they have called me directly instead of sending me emails, making it easier for this old dog to learn new tricks

Excellent

Bewertet am 16.5.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We needed a system to make confirmation sheets and were using pen and paper to run our business. I contacted Tailwind and had a demo with Lynda. We got our logins and watched two training videos on our own time. The program was super easy to learn on our own. It was extremely self-explanatory. It took me one month to learn how to use the system. I could have learned it in one week, but I was really busy at work. If I had a question, I got an answer from your support department and your trainer within 1-2 hours. Tailwind stayed in touch with me regularly. I never felt alone in learning how to use the system. Now our business is more organized and I can work from home when I need to.
Kourtney Haese
Seven Oaks Dairy

Mit Google übersetzen

excellent. always there when we need them.

Bewertet am 20.11.2015

Jag Nahal Owner of Manney Transport:
Tailwind is a huge part of running our business and a necessary tool for all companies who handle varying types of loads. We specialize in local, flat bed, intermodal, and long haul loads, they are all different. Tailwind is easy to customize making it efficient for us to track our loads including the multiple picks and drops we need to follow. I know that dry van and reefer load tracking is just as strong within Tailwind. We also are able to track and complete all our accounting functions, which is invaluable and necessary for any company. I've never had a complaint with the ability, and availability to receive support when learning a new feature or adding to the vast capabilities of Tailwind.

Mit Google übersetzen

Useful, easy-to-use software and excellent customer support

Bewertet am 25.5.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The software is good for tracking shipments and for the visibility it provides for all of our employees. Anyone in the office can pull up the orders and dispatches and know exactly what is happening. We phone in to the support department to ask for help with invoicing and generating reports. I appreciate that they get back to us promptly, within the same business day, and that they have a great way to connect with us on an interpersonal level. The software is easy to learn and we know who to call to get our questions answered. The support department is great at explaining the system to us in plain language that we can understand. As our business grows we continue to learn about how the system can help us further.

Great support

Bewertet am 18.12.2014
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Pros:
- Support team is quick to respond to requests and provide solutions.
- Software is easy to use and understand.
- Customizable to match our specific business needs.

Cons:
- User interface could use a refresh.

We have been using Tailwind for over 10 years and it has been a big part of our growth. We have recently reviewed the marketplace to ensure we were still being well looked after. After this review it was clear that Tailwind was the best at managing our specific business needs. Including the ability to manage bulk commodity billing, fuel invoice importing, satellite dispatch integration, and freight brokerage.

Teaching Tailwind

Bewertet am 1.10.2010
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Use it, you won't be disapointed

Love the program. As a teacher at McBride instructing Dispatch training, I find the Tailwind program perfect. Even students with minimal computer skills find the program easy to use. As I don't have 20 years worth of computer skill, I was unsure as to how quickly and how well I could learn the program. Rest assured, if you can turn on a computer, then you can do tailwind. I would recomend(and I have) the Tailwind program for anyone looking for a good dispatch software program.

no complaints

Mit Google übersetzen

I would recommend this system to any company that had a large enough fleet.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I would recommend this system to any company that had a large enough fleet.

This system is great for trucking businesses. It is fairly easy to learn and has lots to offer. I have yet to stop learning new things from this system. The Driver Pay Wizard is very handy for my department. I am able to immediatley determine if PRO#s have or have not been paid to a driver. My old method was to look through every check they have received from us!

I sometimes receive some errors that are just randomn. Customer support is always there to help! Thank you Kenny and Kyle...

opp Manager

Bewertet am 30.9.2010

I WOULD FULLY RECOMMEND TRUCKING COMPANYS TO USE THIS

I WOULD SAY IT IS A REALLY GOOD SOFTWARE WHICH MEETS YOUR NEEDS , BUT IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME FOR YOU TO GET USE TO IT. AND ONCE YOU DO YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE YOUR DISPATCH ALOT EASIER.I HAVE USED SOME OTHER ONES THEY ARE PRICEE , SO THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS ONE IS YOU CAN PAY IT ONCE AND MONTHLY COST IS VERY LOW. MOST OF THE SOFTWARES YOU ARE PAYING ANYWHERE FROM 150 TO 200 $ WITH THIS ONE YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH ABOUT $50

THERE IS NOT MUCH I CAN SAY

Adaptive Software with a Terriffic Staff

Bewertet am 21.1.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Tailwind has been a wonderful company to work with! As a specialized transportation company, it was very difficult to find a software program on the market to fit our dispatch, accounting, and maintenance needs without breaking the bank. Tailwind has been able to meet all of our needs and is continuously adapting to make sure the software works for our business. The support team is very responsive and always finds an answer to our problem. We are still adjusting to a new software program, but we are thankful that we chose Tailwind!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our customers are happier since we installed the software. Their invoices are much more detailed. We can quickly and accurately track loads and never lose orders which has saved us and the customers time and money.

Orders will never be lost. If an order is not delivered it cannot be billed. Even if the paperwork is misplaced and the order delivered, we will still have the order in the system to bill.
The ability to sync to our accounting makes our accountants job easier.

None that I can see.

Mit Google übersetzen

the software is excellent and very detailed; it takes some getting used to, but it is thorough!

Bewertet am 23.9.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

About two months ago I temporarily suspended my subscription with Tailwind because I was not fully ready to start my new brokering business. This week I decided to return to tailwind because I remembered how professional and caring the Tailwind team was (specifically, Lynda Clare, Implementation/ Training Manager and Angelena Helten, Client Success Manager). Tailwind left a long-lasting impression that will resonate with me as nothing more than "A1, first-class service!"