Lavu POS Erfahrungen

Gladys
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen

Love Lavu and the team !

Bewertet am 8.7.2022

My experience with Lavu is second to none insofar as POS systems. We love this system and look forward to seeing the new implementation once released in November.

This software continues to grow with the customer demands. We seem to never be outdated or lacking. The servers have an ease of use on the floor with the iPads at table side. We love the software so much so that we will be implementing it at two other facilities.

There are cons to each software but there is not a dealbreaker for us with this software. It continues to grow and with that growth sometimes there seems to be the older than time conflict between tech and accounting due to reports however, the Lavu team are able to populate these reports in a timely manner. We have gotten everything we need from this program to meet the consumer demand of our growing winery.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lavu POS

The service team was extremely helpful in designing the system to meet our needs. Ironically we are more busy than we ever have been and this software and the tech team have been amazing in helping us realize the potential of what we can do with this software and realize efficiency through growth. We are happy to have made this decision.

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Gladys, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate hearing firsthand from our customers, and it really helps to hear what works so great and what can be improved upon. We appreciate your business and we thank you for being a loyal Lavu customer!

Jessica

Great system for us!

Bewertet am 10.6.2023

We had been using a regional POS system for years, and struggling not only with features, but also with reports, analytics, and their customer support. Lavu has stepped in to improve, full the gaps, and take the lead for us in terms of setup and deployment.

We're a small restaurant operating outside the US, and Lavu is a great option for us. Easy to use, with lots of customer support in setting up and deploying the system in multiple langauges!

So far, we have no complaints and are really satisfied with the system and the support.

Lightspeed Restaurant, Square Point of Sale und TouchBistro

Warum Lavu POS gewählt wurde

We not satisfied with the capabilities of the former system, and were not feeling proactive support from the company.

FoodZaps

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lavu POS

Lavu's price point was better for us, especially since the payment processing functions are not available in our country -- the other companies didn't offer any price adjustment for this. Also, Lavu is made for restaurants specifically, and offers integrated inventory management as well as add-on accounting integration. As a package Lavu is the best for us.

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Jessica! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with Lavu!

Guy
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Stay Away!

Bewertet am 23.10.2020

I purchased a complete system from LAVU on April 2019 with the intent to upgrade my existing POS from CAKE which served me well the first 4 years of running my restaurant, but being somewhat of a basic system I started feeling like it was holding me back. LAVU was running a 50% off on hardware so I called and spoke to a salesperson. Let me tell you, I wish I had recorded the conversations, as there was very little in common between what was verbally promised and what was actually delivered, VERY LITTLE! Typical sales tactics, they put extreme pressure on you to sign up (do it in the next 6 hours or the promotion expires), give you practically no time to read the fine print, and all of a sudden you find yourself in a 3 years contract with ridicules early termination penalties and a service provider that is incapable of delivering half of what was promised. They count on you not having the time or resources to take them to court. Last remaining hardware piece originally promised arrived 5 months later! Thank god I kept my CAKE system going or I would have gone out of business. Their customer service is of the lowest level you would ever see, especially from an IT company, they provide practically no solutions to issues or a very vague future fix, and their system keeps crashing leaving you with no ability to run your business mid-day and with no warning, time after time. They send you system-wide emails apologizing saying their system was hacked and therefore the interruption i

There are no Pros, this is an awful system and the worst customer service / sales team in the industry

Be very careful when they offer you interest free financing for the hardware, that's how they trick you into paying the software fee for 3 years in advance with NO way out

Warum Lavu POS gewählt wurde

Was looking for a more robust system

CAKE POS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lavu POS

Their sales people promise the world and then some. You find out way too late they can't deliver.

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Guy, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing how Lavu worked for your business, and what can be improved.

Jon

10 year user

Bewertet am 10.2.2024

We have been long time user who appreciates the continued development and support over the years.

Ability to utilize Tab Order as location default during initial deployment in 2014.

Level of customization in front end user configuration. Scheduling and management notes are undeveloped in reports

Microsoft SQL Server, Square Payments und Clover

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Jon, thank you for sharing your experience and for being a loyal Lavu user. We greatly appreciate your business and feedback, we are always trying to improve and be the best that we can. As always, please let us know if there is any we can do for you.

Candy

Lavu POS review

Bewertet am 12.7.2022

overall Lavu is great. The staff is always looking for ways to improve the system & takes events when they come up and handles them to the best of their ability

Integration from our old Pos was simple.
Being able to add pictures of products or change color of box to help locate the items faster
Ability to change prices, product name, add new product with ease.
Ability to check/change anything from anywhere is a plus

When the internet is out, tickets don't print to the kitchen or credit cards aren't able to be run.
When happy hour times are up, you can still increase product quantity.
Having a large food menu, along with a large bar selection has us set up with several tabs & it makes it hard to be fast entering in orders.

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Candy, thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate hearing about your experience with Lavu, and that it helps you streamline your restaurant's operations!

• Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Former Lavu User

Bewertet am 17.7.2020

Overall, for the two years the system was satisfacotry. Until recenlty it was for the current management at the restaurant. The dealer is helpful - he is our first line of tech support before we go to KLAvu for support.

I liked using Lavu because it was the first POS for the restaurant where I worked. While I was employed there I used the system for 2 years. The set up was easy as the dealer came to the restaurant and set it up and did a one day training for the staff.

They system seems to have alot of glitches. Recently, the restaurant reported to me that they had a glitch and lost printers. Tech support finally helped and got the printers up but somehow lost half the menu. Also, I have witnessed personally that the sales tax is charging out properly.

Warum Lavu POS gewählt wurde

We needed better reporting and labor tracking.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lavu POS

The fees and support were better by Lavu at the time.

Antwort von Lavu

Hello and thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and we are happy that Lavu worked so well for your business.

Michael

Great inventory and POS software

Bewertet am 11.11.2019

Great inventory and POS software. Ease of use and easy to teach employees to use.

Ability to have multiple locations. Ability to make inventory items easily. Ability to use an iPad for inventory counts.

Have to manually bath credit cards at end of day.

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Michael, thanks so much for your review! We're very happy that Lavu helped your multiple locations streamline operations. We appreciate your business!

Angel

Excellent POS for beginners

Bewertet am 16.2.2022

Is an easy to use, easy to program POS system. We use it from the beginning of our opening. Easy to use for employees and low cost for owners.

Probably make improvement on the schedule part to be more robust.

Clover und Toast POS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lavu POS

Prices, and easy use and opportunity to grow

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Angel, thank you for your feedback! We are always trying to improve our POS system, and scheduling is on that list!

Demetrius
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Lavu is great for Medium to Large Restaurants

Bewertet am 23.1.2024

Overall our experience with Lavu is great, the onboarding team made sure everything was set up correctly and functioning. The ease of use and flow of the system makes using Lavu a wonderful experience.

The best thing about Lavu is the inventory and pricing down to the ingredients.

Lavu still needs more available features and be more open to customizing.

Lightspeed Restaurant und TouchBistro

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Lavu POS

We chose Lavu over the others because of Lavu's OPEN API and Inventory down to the ingredient.

Hi Demetrius,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu. We are glad to hear that your overall experience has been great. We appreciate the feedback of wanting more features. Our software is constantly being updated and we love to take our customer feedback into consideration!

Kahala

New customer for Lavu

Bewertet am 5.2.2024

Overall im pleasantly ok with the service. I did receive some back and forth on communication mishaps on what I was getting for going with Lavu. Other than that Im ok.

The ease of the customer service being able to add any options or changes I need on my POS system in real time. Also the fuctionality is pretty simple and easy to use.

Im noticing the system sometimes disconnects from the wifi, the POS cash terminal opens up when a customer is paying the entire order with a debit/credit card. Also sometime the cash resgister doesnt open on a cash transaction so we have had to use or register key to manually open the register.

PayPal, Square Payments, Clover und Toast POS

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Kahala, thank you for sharing your experience so far with Lavu. We apologize for any mishaps along the way, but hope that everything will be running smoothly from here! We are glad to hear that overall you are satisfied, if you ever are in need of anything please reach out to our 24/7 support team.

Kevin
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

No Free Trial.

Bewertet am 16.12.2023

Horrible. Absolutely, incredibly the worst customer service ever. I feel stupid for trying this company. They lied about everything just to get the sale. Do NOT go here !!

Only cons. Wanted to switch to this in January. Start date was to be around the 5th. However saw they started our contract on November 20. Contacted our on boarding person, [sensitive content hidden] and he turned HATEFUL!!!

The fact that everything they said in sales in a LIE!!!!
Onboarding person turned ugly when I questioned dates.

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Kevin, we appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We take such concerns seriously and would like to investigate this matter further. Our team is actively working on this to come up with a resolution for you. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and your input helps us improve. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Giuseppe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Amazing and efficient service

Bewertet am 19.7.2023

Amazing

Amazing

Everything : fast and efficient and reasonably price

Nothing ; we are very happy in particular with [sensitive content hidden]

TouchBistro

Price and efficiency

Price and efficiency

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Giuseppe, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear that everything has been amazing! As always please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Thank you again!

Jason

Save Your Money

Bewertet am 20.8.2021

I was an existing customer since the inception of Lavu in 2012.

I purchased the system in 2012. Lavu offered a wireless system when they first came out. I soon learned if you sent a big ticket to the kitchen, it wouldn't print. Lavu advised the system needed to be hardwired for the printers to work properly.
I was a gold member when I signed up. I was told my price would never be higher than [Sensitive Content] per month. This turned out, not to be true.
The system worked flawlessly until about 2018. Lavu would frequently go down, offline, drop printer IP addressees, rogue attacks etc. In 2018 and 2019 I lost a lot of money thanks to Lavu.
I closed as most restaurants did in 2020 due to Covid. During the months I was open I noticed one month Lavu would auto debit my account for [Sensitive Content] one month, [Sensitive Content] the next. In March of 2021 to avoid these random charges I paid Lavu a year in advance. It was around [Sensitive Content] for service and a monthly charge for using up to 5 devices. In June 2021 I had to close and sale the business for a loss. I contacted Lavu to refund my money, and they refused. Don't do business with this company.

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Jason, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you had to close down your restaurants, and that we were not able to issue a refund at the time. We appreciate your business for almost 10 years, and would love to hear from you. Please reach out so we can see what can be done.

John
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

[sensitive content hidden] is the best!!!

Bewertet am 22.2.2023

The best. [sensitive content hidden] is always there when i need the help, plus it has been a seamless transition

How simple the product is to use is why we choose lavu

the security settings are not detailed enough for modifying it to meet my needs better

Revel Systems

Warum Lavu POS gewählt wurde

I like how simple lavu is

Revel Systems

Antwort von Lavu

Hi John - thank you for your feedback, we love to hear it! We're so happy we could help your restaurant streamline operations.

Jamison

Worst POS System Ever

Bewertet am 20.1.2022

Horrendous. Customer Service pressures retention on cancellations - then they fraudulently charge bank accounts after the fact. T Their CEO spams all account holders each week with cringe-worthy emails. Lavu is an embarrassment to the POS industry. LAVU is a shady company at best and a headache for any real restaurant at worst.

There are NO Pros for this POS. Never using the software is the best Pro out there.

After canceling the software - they kept charging our accounts for months. When confronted about the charges and after submitting confirming emails, they stated the charges were approved but offer no proof even though email confirmations from their own AR show the opposite. Customer Service might be the worst in the business. Told us they would return our call in 1 business day to rectify the situation and they finally replied 3 weeks later - Drained over $300 directly from our accounts. STAY AWAY

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Jamison, thank you for being a customer of Lavu for more than two years, but I am very sorry to hear how bad your experience was, especially towards the end of your use of us. I do apologize on behalf of the customer support team if you were not contacted in a timely manner, or communications were not clear. We would be happy to sort any remaining issues out, so please let us know if that is something you are interested in.

Lok

Bewertet am 18.2.2022

It’s been like a love and hate relationship

It’s been like a love and hate relationship

It was nice and easy to get used to. The system was nice.

The WiFi would go offline sometimes for hours

Clover

Warum Lavu POS gewählt wurde

My manager made the switch

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Lok, thank you for your feedback! We're sorry that your restaurant's wifi has been having issues - it's always a nuisance when that happens. Please reach out if there is anything we can help with.

Mia

Seafood restaurant

Bewertet am 12.8.2022

Lavu has made it much easier for our restaurant to handle the influx of customers during the summer months

Used Lavu as our Point of Sale for years, I really like how easy it was to use and how portable the iPads are. Simple setup, we got it done ourselves in a few hours. Support team always there if we need it.

If wifi is flaky, system slows done, especially in busy times

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Mia, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear how well Lavu has worked for your restaurant and staff. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Armond

The worst cuatomer service

Bewertet am 7.1.2020

Very very bad.

Very very bad.

Always someone answer it in india
They always take the notes of problem and promiss someo e will call you. Nobody ever calls

I had 3 different tickets of issues with lavu one was about chipreaders that they send it and themselve couldnot activate it. all i got was that someone will call me soon and after 2 months all i had was excuses and the person who was supposed to call never did. Now they are saying that i cant return the items because it passed the 3p days even though it was never ooend or used. The raise the price without letting me know or get my approval ( apparently they send an email whicb is proabably still in my spam folder ) and charge my auto pay 5 times more than what originally were supposed to do. After i complain the shut down the system and refuse to give me the information i needed to do payroll and tip calculation.
The worst pos company. Do not buy this junk

Antwort von Lavu

Armond, we are very sorry to hear about the issues you are having. We strive to have the best customer service and provide a great experience for all of our users. Please reach out to our support team at at 855-528-8457 and one of our team members will be glad to help you out with any issues that you are having.

Agostino
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My Pos Lavu

Bewertet am 10.2.2022

I’ve been using Pos Lavu for over 10 years, so I’d say it’s been great.

I’ve been using Pos Lavu for over 10 years, so I’d say it’s been great.

I love the ease of use and customization

Just common glitches that happen from time to time

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Agostino, thank you for being a loyal Lavu customer for over a decade! That's amazing to hear! We appreciate your business and do not hesitate to reach out with any issues.

Sean
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great solution....as long as you never plan on leaving!

Bewertet am 5.5.2021

Multiple price increases with no communication. Have tried to cancel for 5 months, multiple emails, cases, conversations and promises to cancel, just got our 4th email this week that they can't process our card. No access to accounting, don't believe me call their number. Had to fight charges and cancelled the credit card to stop them from billing. Do yourself a favor pick something else. We moved to Square for everything!

Used the software for 9 years, pretty easy to use and setup decent feature set, great that it was Ipad/iphone based instead of having to buy specific hardware.

Light to non-existent integration to Square for credit card processing.

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Sean, first off we would like to thank you for your business and for being with Lavu for 9 years. We are very sorry to hear you went elsewhere. We apologize about the billing discrepancies. Please reach out if we can do anything for you.

Justin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best thing for my business

Bewertet am 11.1.2023

I will be a lifelong customer

I will be a lifelong customer

It really made it easy for employee to learn

Nothing yet, it is great and can’t wait to use it every day

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for the feedback. We really appreciate it!

Luis

LAVU complete POS system

Bewertet am 19.7.2022

LAVU has been a really helpfull tool from organizing the orders that goes to the kitchen, to getting special reports.

It´s an easy sytem to learn and to teach to third parties, alot of filters to get the detail information needed.

One thing that i notice is that i can not move the category windows as i desire, to have a better organization in the POS. And another thing is that from time to time the POS in the tablets won´t let us login until some billling issues are resolved, not sure what is that about.

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Luis, thanks for your feedback! We're glad to hear that Lavu has been helpful in all aspects of running your restaurant. We are constantly working to perfect our product and eliminate bugs in the software. Please reach out if you need anything!

Jason

True review! With Lavu

Bewertet am 29.7.2023

Processing is a little pricey than most competitors. Took way too long to set up, but once it is ready to go we like it. We will see how it is live with the restaurant, I cannot say how that will turn out yet since we are not open yet.

Features, easy to use and price is fair. Just wish we could purchase our own iPad. I like how it is open sourced with any other company as well most competitors are limited with that.

Customer service was horrendous with employees being fired or no one following up with meetings. Webgot shuffled to the side and delayed our restaurant to get ready. Basically something that was told us in sales vs real life was very different. Onboarding took about 5 months vs what was told us 3 weeks. In all fairness, we had Nazia that took over the account and did an amazing job. Rest of teams we talked to seemed they were not trained well, or rotating staff.

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Jason, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu. We are sorry to hear that the experience did not go as planned, but are glad to hear that Nazia did an amazing job. Please reach out if there is anything we can do for you!

SEAN
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

As good as any "Industry Standard"

Bewertet am 22.2.2019

We used this in a tequila bar that I was a bar manager at. We were very high volume so we needed a good POS system that never crashed, and operated quickly to minimize waiting on the system to perform functions. I think in that regard this is a great system and I would recommend it to anyone.

Better price point
Very intuitive and easy to pick up user-interface
Speedy screen operations, no waiting for screens to load
If you have experience with other POS systems this one will be very easy to get started with
Great team behind it
Easy to add new items to menu (you dont have to be an expert to fulfil managerial roles on the system)

There is not much that I can say against LAVU. As far as Point of Sale Systems it is just as good as any of the big dog's systems but with an affordable price point. I never had an issue with the system in my year of using it.

Hi Sean,
Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear Lavu is working well for you and your team! Don't hesitate to call us at 855-767-5288 if you have any questions.
The Lavu Team

Peter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

i have no idea what the title should be

Bewertet am 23.8.2022

technical support is good. its a cloud based software and it does what i need for POS function.

i inherited this system when i bought the system. i was not given good customer success support from the account executive. in fact, this is the weakest aspect and where your company is vulnerable to customer attrition.

Antwort von Lavu

Hi Peter, thanks so much for your feedback. We really value hearing from customers who inherited the system, and we would love to answer any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to reach out at (855) 767-5288.