TouchBistro Erfahrungen

TouchBistro

3,9 (395)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
iPad-basierte Point-of-Sale-Lösung für Restaurants.

Sortieren nach

Chris

Well programmed with very few bugs. Easy to use.

Bewertet am 7.12.2017

I really like the features it offers especially now that recipe costing has been added. Splitting checks is a breeze.

Having to check every item to put a discount on the entire check. Slows things down a lot when in a hurry.

Hey, Chris!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and well programmed. I'll be sure to let our development team know.

If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Becky

Would Recommend

Bewertet am 26.7.2022

This POS has made my life so much easier. The reporting is amazing and everything is so easy. I haven't had any major issues as I've only used it for 6 months but so far I would 100% recommend.

SO easy to use - programming buttons, menus, integrating payment, splitting bills - everything about it is so easy

In person set up would have been alot easier but that's the only con I can think of

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Becky, thank you for the review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the reporting function.

Bipul

Very unpleasant experience

Bewertet am 8.3.2022

I first started using it at a restaurant during 2019. I was so impressed by this product that I started using it at my current restaurant too. Few problems here and there but this time it has been 7 days and they haven't been able to fix my issue.

Using iPad to take orders is the only good thing, very fast compared to other POS providers.

Where do I begin.
Customer service was the best until 2019. Now it is similar to Toasts. It is day 7 of us not being able to print tickets in the kitchen, every time/ every day I call them they have this answer ready. "Our Product Development team is working on your case, we will get back to you as soon as we hear back from them"

Hello Bipul,

First off, thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm really sorry that TouchBistro's customer service didn't meet your expectations. Clearly, we fell short, and I apologize.

The last thing we want to do is let our customers down, and moving forward, we're going to do everything in our power to hold ourselves to that standard.

Please send an email to stumbach@touchbistro.com with your contact information and account name your venue is under so we can look into this for you.

April

Excellent POS system

Bewertet am 18.8.2023

Touch bistro has been a vital part of my business. It was easy to set up my menu and any modifiers, which is important for not missing things on an order. Getting daily, monthly or even yearly reports is very easy. The software is easy to use, so you don’t have to be tech savvy to understand how to use it. When you link your payment terminal with the system it is only a push of a button and the customer can use the terminal. There is no change of discrepancy between the register and terminal. Overall it is a great system and I have had no issues with it in the almost 3 years I have been using it!

I love that it is so easy to navigate through my menu. Payment options are made simple and easy for the employees and customers. You don’t need to be tech savvy to understand how the program works so it’s great for all age employees.

Sometimes it takes a while to reach support

Antwort von TouchBistro

April, it's been a pleasure working with your business for the past 3 years! Thank you for sharing. -Carly

Solid Platform

Bewertet am 24.8.2023

Pretty good have had some issues with constant updates

Pretty good have had some issues with constant updates

Ease of use and the cost is pretty resonable

Support can be very frustrating and challenging

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Chris, thank you for sharing your feedback!

Stephen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

System crashes constantly and nobody can fix it.

Bewertet am 28.2.2024

I'm at my wits end. Months of dealing with tech support, no resolution in sight for a program that only works sometimes and has cost my business time and money. I finally cancelled today and now I'm stuck spending thousands for equipment that doesn't work.
Seriously, just avoid Touch Bistro all together.

The customer service people are friendly, despite never being able to resolve your issue.

From day 1, system crashed several times a day. Called over and over for months now and nobody can seem to fix it. Gift cards never worked. Same thing, tech support couldn't figure it out so issued a refund (still waiting for months later)
No accountability or anyone to help. Have to call support everyday and explain over and over.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Stephen, thank you for sharing this feedback. We’d very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. If you’re open to it, please reach out to reviews@touchbistro.com with your account name and we’ll be in touch from there. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kimberley
Kimberley

Customer Service and Tech Support Non-Existent

Bewertet am 20.2.2024

Awful from start to finish. I still can't get anyone to call me back and refund my money for the three months that it has been cancelled. Stay away!

Easy to use. Like the fact that it runs off an iPad.

To try and reach someone from tech support was difficult to say the least. Took a few days to have someone call back and help set up. I moved to Clover which has great customer service and better reporting. I am still trying to get my account cancelled. Even with a confirmation code, no one has reached out to billing despite repeated calls. They have kept billing my account after cancellation and I have to put a block on my credit card. Stay away!

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Kimberly, we are sorry for the difficulties you've encountered and acknowledge the frustration caused by your experience with our customer service and billing processes. While we regret losing you as a customer, your feedback is crucial for our improvement. We appreciate the time you've spent with us - if there is anything further that we can assist with, please reach out to reviews@touchbistro.com.

Cam
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for restaurants and restaurant reporting.

Bewertet am 18.8.2023

Great. "Callback" feature for customer support is invalueable.

Great. "Callback" feature for customer support is invalueable.

Ease of use for FOH, timekeeping for staff, reporting for administration

Lack of integrated payment options. Only Chase and Moneris are the only options in Canada.

Thank you for the kind sentiments, Cam! -Carly

Doug
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great value & easy to use!

Bewertet am 15.8.2023

I love how easy it is to change pricing of specials, add or remove items from menu.

Sometimes wifi connection is a bit of an issue. However can usually be fixed by resetting the modem.

Hi Doug, thank you for sharing your feedback! -Carly

Diana

Great product

Bewertet am 18.8.2023

Easy to setup, easy to navigate. Within 2 days, new staff can easily operate.

Tips by servers need to be added. I only see gratuity by servers.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Diana, thank you for sharing your feedback! -Carly

Mike
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Scam!

Bewertet am 14.7.2021

Definitely a scam I would not suggest this to anyone it’s a waste of money any other company like square or light speed pos is way cheaper and have had much more success save your money use a different company.

There is no pros to this company they trap you into a one year contract for software that doesn’t work. The program is laggy shuts itself down it’s not a good platform.

The programming isn’t complete isn’t compatible they have no tech team to help you on site it’s all over the phone. You pay 80+ dollars a month for an app that should be free.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize for the issues you've been facing with TouchBistro. Though our onboarding team is remote we do pride ourselves on setting up our customers' tech to fit their business' needs right the first time. We'd love the chance to make things right! Please send me an email at chartshorn@touchbistro.com with the name your account is under if you're still experiencing issues so I can have someone reach out to you.

Brenda
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Worst customer service, unreliable hardware and software

Bewertet am 17.8.2022

Am actively researching other options after 2+ years because the issues we've had are never addressed or resolved.

Easy to use when it works, for the functions that are set up.

1) Customer service is TERRIBLE. We have had open trouble tickets for over a MONTH with no resolution. Important tickets, like payments for online orders appear to be received in the POS and yet no money ever hit our bank. So we can't rely on taking online orders, which is critical.
2) Software and hardware crashes. A lot. Like 6+ times per shift.
3) Inventory adjustments have no value associated with them, which makes it little better than a chalkboard for inventory tracking. (If I am missing product, the value of that loss should show up somewhere in a report as inventory losses. Yet it doesn't).
4) Basic reports missing, such as balance sheet/inventory on hand by category.

Dayana

Total disappointment

Bewertet am 11.5.2022

Where do I start? Have been using it for less than 3 weeks and it has been a complete nightmare....

First, the sales person sold us equipment that "we didn't need" as per the install guy. Over $300 in equipment still in their box... the initial onboarding guy said we didn't need that for the size of the venue. Second, the second iPad does not connect to the touch bistro network. Third, was basically told we had to switch our payment processing to Chase because the integration wasn't going to work with other providers for much longer. After lots of time and paperwork ended up switching to Chase for TouchBistro and guess what? the integration doesn't work. We have had to switch to the stand along mode to be able to take payment from our customers. We have spent hours and hours on the phone with customer service and no one seems to be able to figure it out. Yesterday I was on the phone again for over 2 hours, first with one guy who tried everything he could and finally said he had to transfer me to a senior department because he didn't know what else to do. After having to explain everything again to the "senior" agent, then she tries to follow all the same steps that I had just gone through with the previous guy and still couldn't figure it out. After basically turning everything off and back on 10 times, it worked once so I ended the call!!! Then today, we get to work and guess what? It doesn't work again. I wasted over 2 hours of my day for nothing!!!

The idea behind it it's great, if it were to actually work as it should.

Our team is hating that we changed the POS because this one is so slow and gives them connectivity issues daily. We were sold a product that does not actually operates as they tell you it would.
- You can not restrict servers from opening someone else's table unless you assigned sections. Seriously?
- You can not use the main iPad to try to input a reservation because the second iPad won't work unless the main iPad is on the TouchBistro app? lol are you serious?
- The integration of TouchBistro POS with TouchBistro reservations system that I was told was gonna make everything so smooth is a complete joke. As I said, you can not try to take a reso or waitlist with the main iPad. You basically need an iPad that's gonna sit there and look pretty but not be used for anything beside clocking in/out, otherwise it will compromise the entire operation.
- The payment integration is ridiculously slow (when it actually works) but it has only worked a couple of times and the rest of the time gives an "error connection". It's a brilliant idea, if it were to actually function.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi there, we are sorry for the issues you faced. I see you're already in contact with our CARE team but let us know if there's anything more we can do to help please call us at 1-888-342-0131
Thank you!

Cole
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Unimpressed 8 year customer

Bewertet am 13.6.2023

After the devastating problem 2 years ago, I have hated TB ever since. Not to mention it has consistently gotten slower and slower. I just had to upgrade my wifi router for the 3rd time in 8 years (upgraded today in fact), going from Apple Airport, to Amplify, and now Cisco; we'll see if things are better now.

Ease of use with menu items, modifiers, etc

When an update about 2 years ago made every IPAD in the building unusable, and there was no way to undo the update. Made my restaurant not have a POS for 4 days while i waited to find 8 new IPADS, a new Mac Mini, and 8 new IPAD stands. There were emails sent about the update but they went into the clutter/junk folders\...WHERE WAS THE PHONE CALL??????????????????????????????????????????????? ANd then the sad "here is 3 months of free touchbistro". This cost us thousands of dollars in new equipment, lost sales/transaction, and man hours. It also meant that for 4 days every employee had their worst days ever in the building, hand writing orders, hand delivering order to the kitchen, hand writing CC orders, tax, reciepts, etc (many payments didn't end up going through either)

Mark
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Don`t walk away. rub away.

Bewertet am 13.10.2023

If you need coatomer service, go somewhere else, the worst I`ve ever encountered. Purchased KDS to help me with online orders. Everything worked fine with exception of online ordering. When I placed test order, it showed up in a flash. Unfortunately it said >menu item deleted> Showed up correctly on pos, printed correctly, but on KDS, received deleted item message. Youd think easy fix, contacted support. Spent hours on [hone, they couldnt figure it out. That was a month ago, every tine I called, they say they`re working on it. Have 2 onboarding clowns [sensitive content hidden], reached out, they told me they`re working on it. Subsequent text n email were ignored by these 2 professionals, basically ghosted me. This was a month ago/ My salesman gave me email to a mgr, emailed him. u guessed it still waiting. Today contacted support, to add an item to modifier group, on hold for 20 mis, then disconnected/ Run, dont walk away. Of course they`re charging monthly for online ordering.

Speed, ease of use. Ability to use KDS, streamline online ordering.

customer service very poor. Long wait times.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Mark, thanks for sharing this feedback. We’d very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further, especially as it relates to our KDS and online ordering functionality. If you’re open to it, please reach out to success@touchbistro.com with your account name and we’ll be in touch from there. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sunny

Nightmare experience

Bewertet am 12.7.2022

I run a nola theme bar in wrigley Chicago. Speed is the key to the business.
The main reasons i...

I run a nola theme bar in wrigley Chicago. Speed is the key to the business.
The main reasons i switched to touchbistro are: unlimited free hardware and unlimited licenses/user, my [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
promised to install the hardware onsite and ensure the product works smoothly in the bar. Before i signed up with the touchbistro, i explained to my [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
the features we need.
My[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
left my bar before the installation was completed, and during the installation, i asked the[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
, how to add staff, how to add/remove items, and how to change items, and he really doesn't know how to do it and had to google. The next day we went live, and i texted my[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
how to pre-authorize, change item, and so on. he basically told me to google it and find it out myself. Shortly after that he simply ignored my texts and blocked my number.
1. long processing time (30-1min) to enter items and process the card
2. there are 2 pieces of devices (ipad and processer) my[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
told me to get the case later on but we had to deal with 2 pieces the whole time we used it.
3. can't pre-authorize efficiently (only on tabs not on tables and bar seats which was very confusing)
4. 2 ipads froze on the first day we used
5. the processor kept turning off, so we had to turn on, wait till synchronized before then process

we had to went back to Toast after 4 days of using Touchbistro. In order to break the contract, touchbistro sent me an invoice of 14,000 for the 4 days that i used. DO NOT trust what they promise.

colors on the menu buttons
unlimited software and hardware for a set price

-horrible customer service
-long processing time
-confusing reports
-false advertisement

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Sunny. I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been facing.I see you're already in contact with our CARE team but let us know if there's anything more we can do to help!

Unbelievably Terrible

Bewertet am 26.6.2023

They have admitted to me that all the glitches we experience on a DAILY basis are software related and the senior tech support team has been incapable at fixing our issues. Im literally counting down the days until I can get out of my contract.

Absolutely nothing. It took almost 4 months to onboard, nothing but problems ever since.

Constant glitches, several redundant aspects of table service, no signature line on credit card receipts, they made several unauthorized charges to my credit card for services I wasnt even able to use then I had to fight them for refunds, sales man lied to me about what the POS could and couldnt do to get me to sign on then another lengthy battle to get out of the contract. They claimed they cannot give refunds, which they can and did, and they claimed they never cancel contracts, which they can and did. Not IM just stuck in my main locations contract.

Yolanda

Bewertet am 15.8.2023

Getting us through

Getting us through

Fairly user friendly, price is ok, and the cloud is nice to have

It is not a secure POS. Any staff can see information as you need admin code and the staff need it for when there is no manager on shift. You can not lock so they can not delete bills after a bill reopened and then deleted a lot of cash is taken this way and no record once a bill is deleted

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Yolanda, Thank you for sharing this feedback. We certainly take our customers' security seriously, and we'd like to speak with you further to investigate. Please send me an email at chartshorn@touchbistro.com with your account name.

Jessie
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Refuses to Refund

Bewertet am 8.11.2021

I wouldn't recommend this group, since their overall customer service has been nothing short of the worst I've seen in the industry. I've worked with Square, Toast and this group.

We had a great, helpful sales contact. Unfortunately, once we were turned over to their overall automated system for deployment of the software, we couldn't continue to work with them. At one point, they canceled our account without authorization.

We signed an agreement that would allow us a refund of more than $2,000 if we didn't want to continue using Touch Bistro. I've been trying to contact them for months for a refund, and have been ignored by their sales contact and their customer service line. We are having to hire a lawyer just to get our refund (even though the contract specifies we could get refunded.)

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hey Jessie, I apologize for the issues you've been facing with us and I do want to escalate this to our Customer CARE management team to look into your billing. Please send me an email to chartshorn@touchbistro.com with the name your account is under so we can investigate.
Thank you!
- Carly at TouchBistro

Richard
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Almost the best system I could ask for....

Bewertet am 7.12.2017

1000% faster then old method

1000% faster then old method

Ease of touching, direct sending to kitchen, really a great system, just a few things could make it better and easier

Some function are not easy to understand...Don't like having to try and figure them out....need a code set up that is not a login code of a manager that is just for discounts....also a tab that is one touch for takeout and delivery displayed at the top with the name would be good...so it one touch check out for them...also bar tabs should print the customers name, so when a bar tab customer decides to order food the chit in kitchen has their name on in and not just "bar Tab"

Hey, Richard!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be near perfect (there's always room for improvement, though, right?)

Jim
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

TouchBistro will slow you down and cost you money

Bewertet am 2.9.2019

It has cost us money and slowed us down. It was suppose to save us money and speed things up.

Switching menus and putting in specials.

If you want people to tip your bar staff and servers then do not use this POS. If you manually enter a credit card, like when the swiper is down, there is no tip line or way to enter a tip on these transactions. Also when staff enter tips you cannot modify them once entered so if someone entered a tip wrong you have to void the whole transaction but you will not be able to charge them again unless they are still there with their card.
If customers start tabs you have to manually enter their name, you can not swipe their card and have their name appear. So it slows you down on busy nights.
Switching to Touch Bistro has slowed us down and bar staff have not been able to collect all their tips.
I would not recommend this POS to anyone until these issues are fixed.
Also they will tell you they are working on issues for months and months that never seem to get resolved. Once you sign up you will be ignored.

Anthony
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It is an easy application to set up and fairly easy to train others on it.

Bewertet am 11.12.2017

I is more efficient than a regular cash register and allows us to track our sales and tax instead of trying to calculate it after.

That it uses an existing IPad and can be stationary or mobile. Also it is great for tracking sales so that we can keep track of trending up and down of our menu items> It also helps use with ordering and inventory

That it doesnt include a rounding function for places that have phased out the penny. Sometimes the modifiers are a pain and could be better to add if you could choose all the menu items that could use the same modifier,

Hey, Anthony!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to setup and easy to train your staff on.

Donna

Small mid-western restaurant

Bewertet am 11.12.2016

Basically, works okay. This is our first restaurant so our only experience with a POS. For the amount of money this costs, I feel it falls short on the reporting side as it relates to accounting. Changes seem to happen very slowly if at all (only 1 year). Customer services getting better. Whenever I have the need to speak with a live person I've expressed my frustration as well as the issue which initiated the contact. TB prefers emailing their tech support team.

Relatively easy to train new staff.

On the Administrative side, it is very cumbersome.

Antwort von TouchBistro

Good afternoon Donna and thank you for your review and feedback.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us so we can help you take full advantage of TouchBistro's robust reporting functionality.

Not only are there dozens of different types of reports that you can use, but there are also custom reports you can built based on your needs. TouchBistro integrates with Quickbooks for all your accounting needs.

With respect to app updates, we update the app approximately every 6-8 weeks. Our last few app updates have gone out on the following dates:

- December 13, 2016
- October 31, 2016
- September 26, 2016
- August 17, 2016

If there's anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Carlin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, difficult to get help

Bewertet am 13.12.2016

TouchBistro is relatively easy to use for someone who has little to no experience with POS. It has a lot more functionality than something like Square, but it still utilizes the familiar iOS user interface and makes training staff/customers easy. Additionally, set up is easy, as it uses Apple Airports and a mac computer, which are all easy to purchase and use. However, if you want to get more technical, TB is not for you. I work in a large restaurant, and we wanted to build a better wifi network for customers and our office as well as POS. As part of this, we installed new access points to provide a strong signal for a very large room. When we wanted to set up TB to work off of the new APs, their customer support refused to provide assistance, and will only work with you if you're using Apple gear. Not only that but the support was slow to respond throughout our time using TB and often didn't provide helpful advice. Usually, the errors we'd experience would correct themselves after TB's engineers released an update (i.e. after a new version of iOS would come out), but we'd lose a lot of money in the process, with system outages and bugs. Overall, I would recommend you either stick with the tried and true simple solution (square) or spend the money and go up to one of the traditional POS systems. If you're set on a more advanced tablet system, I would recommend Toast over TouchBistro.

-Easy to use (for the most part)
-Easy to setup
-Replaceable hardware (Apple products)
-More features than many similar competitors

-Poor customer support
-No setup options
-Some functions difficult to access/not intuitive
-Bugs/issues when iOS updates - unreliable

Antionette

A disappointment

Bewertet am 19.8.2021

The customer service is poor, it seems that everyone is running from the problems due to lack of knowledge, no-one is being held responsible. You get emails days later apologizing for inconvenience but nothing after that. I used this system for over a month until I realized that the cc swipes were not being credited to my account. Thousands of dollars lost, being a small business I was late to notice due to managing multiple positions. However, its been 2 weeks and still no leads on how to rectify the situation. Ive had to stop using the system and use another POS so business can continue. However, the absence of this money has been strenuous on my business, with not an answer in site. My reps were [SENSITIVE CONTENT] both have ignored my calls and emails or mailing back to say I cannot help with this problem. Such a disappointment, much different from our initial conversation.

The upgrade in the equipment seemed fair .

No ability to create invoice
no accompanying app for off site management, or no site back up
unable to control print settings

Antwort von TouchBistro

Hi Antionette, Thank you for your review and I apologize for the experience that you've outlined here. At this time I can see that your outstanding issues have been resolved and I have passed your sentiments to our support management team. If you have any remaining concerns don't hesitate to email me directly at chartshorn@touchbistro.com