Toast POS Erfahrungen

Steve
Steve

Toast POS for Restaurants

Bewertet am 3.1.2023

We have had a great Toast experience overall. It is a vast improvement over our previous POS system and saves us a great deal of time by giving us important information in a concise, effective format.

The whole package is easy to use and provides a huge amount of valuable information. It also helps build sales with ordering and marketing options (some of which are at additional cost).

The initial installation required us to do a great deal of the set-up work, which required outside technical help. It also would have been nice to have someone present for an extra day or two to help with errors and changes. I am interested in rolling out Toast Order and Pay, but Toast can't locate a similar restaurant for me to model, which is causing delays in using this feature.

Katie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Toast Support needs a lot of "Support"

Bewertet am 22.12.2022

Overall I like using Toast and the various integration options, but if they cannot get better support solutions, they will conitnue to have angry merchants who wait weeks for solutions and have to spend time digging for their own solutions after Toast cannot help or refuses to help. In a fast moving business like a restaurant, having to wait weeks for support especially on issues that cause revenue loss is devastating and would be a reason to find another POS solution. If you're going with Toast make sure you have managers who are experts at troubleshooting and critical thinking because they will have to figure out problems themselves a lot and will have to be able to articulate in very simple terms to the support team what the issue is for it to be understood.

Toast software works pretty well, and has a lot of integration partners which is nice for a growing small business who is looking to integrate several different tech options.

The "Support" or lack there of leaves much to be desired. When I call support often times I am teaching or coaching their support people on what the issue is or how to fix it. They often sound like they are reading solutinos from a flip book and many times the solutions offered are not for the problem I am describing. I have to repeat myself more than 4 or 5 times for them to understand what the issue is and even then, it is painful to get them to understand the problem and offer me appropriate support.Further, I recently had a support issue that I had to call and email about for 3 weeks straight every day in which they continued to offer no support and today told me they refused to send me to the integrations department because the problem I was experiencing was not a toast problem. Turns it is WAS. I have never been refused support before. Very dissapointed in their support or lack there of.

Clover

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Toast POS

Price, integration opportunities, growth potential, ease of use
Tim
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Disappointed is the right way to say it. Promised so much and did not deliver

Bewertet am 29.1.2020

It started off strong, and then just slowly going down hill. They have you locked in is how I feel, and now they don’t care.. They are worried about other things...

The hardware is nice. Having a handheld order taker is very nice. Also saving some paper with people signing the handheld device, but there are some issues as well. If there is an issue, it is nice to have a US based support center..

Well, You can not add an auto charge of 3% if a person is using a credit card unless you manually add it, the kitchen display has glitches, an order with 5 things will send a text alert for each item rather than the entire order when finished. I was also promised that the credit cards would not cost more, they would match or beet what I had in the past, and that is not ringing true to the tune of around 100 ish a month.... Took 4 months to get someone to finally review the credit card charges only for him to “shine me on” which is frustrating to a business owner. I have also had a few extremely good feature requests that I know other restaurants would use, like using the hand held to present the final bill rather than printing a receipt... But honestly there is no way to know if anyone has herd you, if anything will happen or if anyone cares... Also you can’t have pictures in the POS.. having pictures as well as having descriptions and a recipe would be great.. but no options...

Antwort von Toast

Hi Tim, Mora from Toast here. Thank you for all this feedback, we appreciate hearing from you as we work to continuously improve our product! We do have many great feature ideas in our queue from customers and are constantly working on implementing them. I would encourage you to follow "Feature Release Updates", available on Toast Central (central.toasttab.com). This is where you can find the most up-to-date product release notes for various Toast products.

Rochelle
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

My Experience With Toast POS

Bewertet am 6.2.2024

Very good! In all my years that I worked as a server, Toast POS was by far my favorite POS system.

I loved how easy the POS system was to operate and all the additional features Toast has compared to other POS systems. Also, the handheld tablets make service 100% more efficient.

One big complaint I can remember is that when customers would use gift cards, and the gift card wouldn't fully cover the balance, the tip percentage would only reflect the balance that was left on the bill, and not the subtotal before the gift card was applied. This would result in very low tip percentages sometimes because most customers do not understand this.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Rochelle, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll be sure to pass this along to our team.

Valentina

Beware of their promises

Bewertet am 21.10.2019

After 6 months, I am not impressed. I am spending so much more money than I was before, and put in so much effort and time into setting everything up, but nothing is ever on point with Toast.

Nice features and ways to set up the menu for ease of use by employees. User-friendly up to a certain extent.

Most of the features promised by the sales rep were all available at an extra cost, after paying a lot of money already for the system and the hardware, you have to pay extra for EVERYTHING. Their customer support is very unreliable, sometimes you have someone great who knows exactly what you are talking about, sometimes it seems like the person has never even used the POS before... They put you on hold for 10+ minutes at a time too.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Valentina, Jasmine from Toast here. We greatly appreciate your feedback as we strive to provide best-in-class customer support and offer solutions for all of our customers. We encourage you to reach out to your Restaurant Success Manager so we can help your business thrive on Toast.

Linda

Great POS System for Restaurants

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

We've been pretty happy with Toast. We've used them for over 4 years & have no thoughts about switching POS systems.

It is so easy to make changes & push them to the terminals. Easy to manage from home rather than having to be onsite all the time. Credit card payments are received in a timely manner & customer service has always taken great care of us. Also a great point is that you can keep running when the internet goes down. It's not perfect, but it's the best that we've seen.

Servers complain that when you close the credit card orders that you have to enter your POS number again. I complain because I can't see more than 24 months of information and can only see it 6 months at a time. I wish that sales were assigned to the time frame they were purchased at and not at the time that the ticket was opened.

Sam

Best POS out there

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

Overall, Toast is the most comprehensive POS, best value for the cost, and has great community support.

Software is user friendly. It has vast functionality and great reporting. I also use Toast Payroll which has been amazing.

Support is not efficient. It is time consuming to get problems resolved sometimes. Also the equipment did not hold up well- possibly due to the volume of our business.

Wendy

Essential

Bewertet am 6.12.2022

The best pos out there for all restaurants.

The best pos out there for all restaurants.

Toast offers all the tools we need as a business. We initially adopted to get away from our legacy system that did not offer affordable POS option with cloud-based services at the time. Toast makes it easy for me to manage all three of my locations.

There are a few glitches in the system that could be fixed faster. They generally do update and fix quickly but some things take away as they gather user feedback. Also, it would be nice to enterprise our menu management for multi-locations.

Square Point of Sale und Revel Systems

Warum Toast POS gewählt wurde

Micros sucked. It went down a lot and we had to constantly deal with a mess of cables and connections to fix and you always had to go to the physical location to do anything for the menu or labor or reports. It was an ancient system compared to these days.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Toast POS

Toast was restaurant specific and a good mix of user friendly and robust reporting and integrations.
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Toast--Support when you need it.

Bewertet am 16.5.2019

We are still early in the implementation of using Toast, but thus far I have been very impressed with their customer service and professional manner in which they have trained and supported our company.

I love that Toast supports their product. You can call and get someone on the line that will help you answer your questions. They also provide the hardware necessary to run their software. They are constantly updating their software to meet the needs of their users and are staying current with the technology. One option that is particularly useful to us is printing individual labels for each shake. In other words, we could have a bus of individuals come to our restaurant, and we need to print individual labels on each shake to identify what is in the shake so that it gets to the right person. In the past, we had to individually write on each cup.

The most difficult part to swallow is the fact that you have a monthly payment for the software--even if you are a seasonal business and only open for less than half the year. Toast will make some concessions for that, but it still seems costly since our other solution we used was free and pretty much did everything we needed short of printing individual labels for the shakes.

Square for Retail

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Toast POS

We chose Toast over Square because of: 1. Dedicated support 2. Individual labels for each shake 3. Text notifications to customer when their food is done 4. More reliable KDS (Kitchen Display Systems) 5. Much larger and more functional KDS screens
Luis

No Customer Service

Bewertet am 27.10.2023

I understand nothing is perfect however when you combine it with a lack of customer service this drastically decreases the value of the product.

Easy setup, very intuitive, easy to train employees

The customer service is very poor. They don’t even pretend to care. If able I would post the corespondents I have had with the company. Extremely poor however they are quick to bill or sell you an add on.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Luis, thanks for sharing your feedback. Please know that your feedback is important to us, and we're working to ensure our customer service can meet your needs as a restaurant operator. - Carrisa

Peggy

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

Software is intuitive and easy to navigate. Customer Service people ramp up quickly.

Focused almost exclusively on table service restaurants. Features for quick service need to be enhanced. Improvements need to be made in the area of Order management and Throttling in the Quick Service environment.

Stuart

Easy to implement

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

It keeps me up to date in real time with what is happening in my restaurant.

It keeps me up to date in real time with what is happening in my restaurant.

The suite of features in the software make it easy to integrate into almost any restaurant environment. They have an excellent team to get you started and help you design your system to your specs. Email marketing and loyalty program have been great for us.

I am not very happy with the fact that we were forced to take on Toast as our payment processor! This is costing us way more in fees than my original "Interchange Plus" processing that I had through my bank. This is a little disconcerting and could add up to some major dollars in expense!

Shayna

Best Decision we made in 2022

Bewertet am 3.1.2023

This was the best decision we made in 2022. The customer service and offerings of the platform are next to none. This is our 3rd POS system since opening 7 years ago, and I can say with confidence, it is the best of what's around.

I love how robust it is! The search bar feature at the top makes it easy to find what you are looking for in a platform that is really encompassing of any of our retail and restaurant POS needs. I also love Quick Edit and that people on the floor can make quick changes without relying on management to go into the back office.

I wish there were a mobile app that would allow me to quickly check sales instead of having to login through a browser.

Square Point of Sale

Warum Toast POS gewählt wurde

Terrible customer service, nonfunctioning online ordering, terrible loyalty program.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Lightspeed Restaurant

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Toast POS

I like that they are based in Boston, close to where we are, and that there is a local rep who covers our area. The personal touch is huge.
Adam

All function, little form

Bewertet am 27.3.2023

Working with a product that was actually intended for restaurants and not as a one-size-fits-all for any retail application has been wonderful.

Toast POS works exactly how it's supposed to, and meets every functional need we've had.

The support has been great, and the learning tools are awesome, but I would rather have a product that is easier to understand. There have been times when I've had to contact support for things that should have been very simple and straightforward. I have enough to do with running a restaurant that devoting the necessary time to watch all the training videos is impossible. Trying to navigate the Payroll has been particularly difficult. If you could get a great design team to make the products easier to navigate, Toast would be unstoppable. Also an app to access the back-end or payroll and work as a mobile POS would be great.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Adam, Thank you for choosing us as your POS provider. We appreciate the incredible 5-star rating.

We'll continue working hard to make every interaction with Toast memorable.

Nick

Bewertet am 27.3.2023

A truly simple and effective system, the credit processing aspect is where I have the most concerns, but like taxes, it's unavoidable to a certain degree, but it's well documented that PROCESSING is a racket, where companies can, will, and do take advantage of unknowing, business operators who just simply don't have the time to research and find the best, most fair processing fees. I was not involved with the selection of this system, but operators get hosed regularly by processing fees, so do your due diligence because this is money which should be going into your account and back into your business

Toast is a cloud based POS system. It is easy to use, pretty intuitive. It doesn't come with the baggage of the traditional old school proprietary systems. I've worked in restaurants for 30 years, and have worked with all sorts of POS systems. This one is pretty straight forward.

It would be nice to have an ON screen list of 86 items, so you can ensure buttons are reactivated in a timely manner. Also, we recently had a charge back due to someone using someone elses credit card through the online ordering platform. This is where a guest literally orders and pays from their computer or mobile device, so WE at the store level have absolutely no interaction with the guest. I just simply do not understand how the charge back for that fraud comes out of OUR pocket, when it was the POS that approved and allowed the transaction. This seems highly unfair. Every dollar counts. This was a big order too like $200. Might not seem like much, but when you're fighting and scraping to maximize your profits, it hurts.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Nick, Carrisa here with Toast. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review. Thank you for sharing your experience navigating the platform and your pain points. We'll be sure to pass this along to our team for review.

Chris

Disappointing

Bewertet am 25.6.2020

Below average. They've kept the software running at all times and that's a huge plus. However, they are charging top dollar and we were expecting a fantastic product. The product is only OK. The service has been spotty; at times good, at times not.

The POS portion is solid. It's generally easy to use. It's been up about 99.9% of the time which is not true of all software. The people we have dealt with there have been nice and responsive.

The back end of the software is poorly designed and written. The inventory module is laughably bad; looks like it was designed and written by a college kid in a couple hours. The reporting is also not well thought out. More than once we've found the only option for a pretty standard report is to download data into Excel and manipulate it ourselves. There is no accounting application and no interface with Quickbooks. Generally it looks like a solid group designed the POS and then those people left or started working on other things.

The service during the Covid 19 pandemic has been awful. It's nearly impossible to reach support and honestly makes me wonder if these guys are solvent. We had two management contacts that we would call in cases where we had support issues. Now both of those people have been (apparently) laid off. When we called support the last time, the recording warned that there were 33 people ahead of us in line. I've waited for an hour and eventually given up when there were only 12 ahead of me.

Leo

Great POS

Bewertet am 15.6.2023

Toast is a very easy-to-use and intuitive POS. It was a great change from a legacy platform, and a brief stint with another terrible platform. Team picks it up very quickly.

Wish the handhelds had a longer lifespan. We spent a lot of money on them just prior to covid, then shut down for more than a year. Upon reopening many of them had issues with card readers, batteries and a new model was released. Wound up being many thousands of dollars spent only to be on the cusp of needing to replace them all.Wish there was more flexibility with an enterprise system. It would be nice to have more local customization while maintaining a brand database.

Revel Systems

Warum Toast POS gewählt wurde

Our last solution was absolutely horrible.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Leo! Glad to hear that you're finding Toast easy-to-use. We appreciate the feedback. If you haven't already, join our Toast Community at community.toasttab.com to connect with other restaurant leaders.

Jody

Online Order Fee

Bewertet am 29.6.2023

It was a great service - all do it yourself - which kept implementation costs down. Not easy for complicated food items, so takes time and effort. The new add cost to customers is wrong on all levels, so we are forced to reevaluate.

Easy to train and use.Good reporting.Integrated timecard/payrollConnected to caller ID

They are charging OUR customers .99 per order for "online processing". We pay all their fees monthly and do not receive any benefit from this additional cost to OUR customers. This adds complaints from customers (justified), cuts into tips, and is a poor business practice that we can't opt out of. We didn't know they would/could do this to OUR customers. Need to shop around for new POS.

Antwort von Toast

Hi Jody! Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review. We appreciate your feedback on the .99 fee for online processing. As a customer, we considered your feedback and decided to remove the fee. Please let us know if you have additional feedback on how we can continue to meet your needs.

Sarah

We love Toast POS!

Bewertet am 20.12.2022

Keeping our menus in sync with what is actually available, an easy-to-use app, and plenty of modifications to menu appearance/organization/labeling are some of our top priorities. As we have added additional locations for our business, keeping active employees and menus accurate across locations has been a learning curve, but overall the functionality of Toast between locations has been very good. We love using Toast and recommend it highly whenever we can!

This software is incredibly user friendly. Anyone can learn how to use all the functions of Toast if they're willing to go through the plentiful help articles and/or watch the videos. Toast is easy to edit, easy to organize, and the app works much better than other mobile apps we've used for our coffee shop. The reporting options are very helpful, managing active employees, time entries, and menu organization is all very simple!

If I could change anything, it would be me to make absolutely everything 100% customizable. The only complaint I've ever had with Toast is there are a few things over the years we've wanted to tailor specifically for our business and its locations, but haven't had the ability via Toast. However, there are new features being added consistently, so I have no doubts that the Toast team is committed to making the software as best as it can possibly be.

Michael

The Cloud is the future

Bewertet am 4.1.2023

I have personally, been a Toast user for over 10 years and have seen the progression and realized what a great centralized system such as toast POS can do for the operation and control of our business, providing the nuclear us for various peripheral’s they give us insight into our total operation

Toast software is updated. Constantly, I find this refreshing and knowing that new features and securities are always top of mind from the engineers, we constantly submit future requests to help provide valuable input on the usefulness in the marketplace.

Often times, toast engineers, create features are pathways to solve issues, and Toast could do a better job at leading the operators know that these features exist, and the problem-solving is built-in

TouchBistro und SpotOn

Functionality, reliability, and features

Price features and trust
Andrew
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Online ordering is a mess

Bewertet am 15.4.2021

The system is slick but they don't help you get it going correctly.

The system is slick but they don't help you get it going correctly.

Great analytics but the on boarding and follow up customer service is embarrassing.

I've been trying to set up online ordering for weeks now. It's been counting a lot of problems because of the basic lack of customer support. They are responsive but spend a lot of time telling you how they understand where you're coming from without actually solving any problems. It got so ridiculous that I asked a basic question about how toast had approved a test transaction outside of the 5 mile delivery radius and what happens if a customer did this. The agent I was poking with actually told me that she didn't know what would happen, or even if those delivery services was functional right now. I asked her frank advice as to whether or not I could trust the system I if I turned it on and she said she didn't know. I was supposed to receive a follow up call from a manager this morning and have now been waiting by my phone for two hours past the appointed time. Also, I was actually charged a fee for setting up online ordering when I first got the system. Just embarrassing.

mattt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The functionality is perfect, the credit cards fees and the customer service are terrible

Bewertet am 13.1.2022

great when your buying, lots of turnover in account management, and customer service is non existent when you have a real issue... you just have to deal with it until they decide to call you during your rush, so you can't take the call and then you start all over again.. LOL

functionality. We have used for 10 years about, since they started I guess we are early adopters. It has truly developed into a great pos, with lots of flexibility. The online ordering portal is second to none. Though they should have some features, like car color and make type options.

Credit card fees for card not on hand is exorbitant and you can't use other cc companies with this software/tablet. The customer service might be the worst I have ever experienced. "we will escalate this to tier 2" blah, blah, blah.. hilarious. We have a mountain of open cases. Our first pos was with a local guy who built his own software. It was incredible how flexible the software was. It even downloaded directly into our quickbooks without any third party having to do translation. Amazing!! ultimately he retired and never took the software to the next level. Too bad.

Rachel

Toast Toast Toast

Bewertet am 22.12.2022

I think that overall I enjoy Toast, I am not looking to change over to anything new. I really dislike the tech support side. I had an issue that took 4 months to resolve that seriously impacted my business and I kept having to re-explain my issue over and over again and call multiple times a week for answers. I also have have pretty incompetent people not able to troubleshoot with me over the phone and I am on the phone with an issue no less than an hour, which really makes it difficult for me to do my job considering I have one screen and I need to be present for my customers. I had no help setting up any of my devices and ended up doing it completely by myself, which, of course, there were some initial kinks to work out. Aside from tech support, it's been easy to use for the most part and I find that it helps my business a lot.

I love the back end use of toast, once you understand how to set up the menus, it is really easy to go in and make changes. I love the ability to compare sales from any date, and I love the daily/ weekly break down all in one area. It's also very user friendly when ringing up customers, once it is all organized, it's quick and efficient.

Some of the lesser used components are overly complex like the sales categories and how to make changes and groupings. Assigning comp buttons doesn't always work. I just wish that there had been more help upon set up.

Chris

No support

Bewertet am 21.1.2022

Overall the customer service is the problem. We were a new business so we asked them to help us set it up. Obviously all of our questions did not arise during that initial setup and they never properly set it up for our menu/service. Support was a joke in helping us thereafter. We have not even used all the modules out of frustration. We have had to make adjustments we go , but it is still not optimized after 3 years. We wanted this to work for us because it is such an easy to use and adjust platform, but, we are considering a new company after 3 years. If you are a new business and not sure how to set this up, find another company. The support team is clearly not skilled. There will be issues. They will advise you to watch countless videos. That is not support.

Relatively easy to use if set up properly. Easy to adjust menu on the fly. Offline CC processing. Payroll is responsive.

They do not give you the time of day unless they are trying to sell you something. Waste of money paying them to set it up. We can't even get good support using a free trial of their new service modules . They will just tell you how much this will increase your sales.

lisa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

system is poorly developed and fragile

Bewertet am 9.4.2022

TERRIBLE!!! It was halfway decent when we started but their menu development was terrible. they need to survey restaurant users about how much the system has deteriorated over the past 2 years. I would never recommend this system to anyone

nothing.....everytime there is any change or system maintenacne, everything falls apart.

UNRELIABLE!!!!no one in TOAST can troubleshoot because system has gotten too complex and no documentation exists. they keep patching and adding and it's a total disaster. our printers are always messed up!!!! we never know if the system is going to work or not. the reporting is terrible!!! phone support is poorly trained if at all.