Dentrix Ascend Bewertungen

Dentrix Ascend

Cloud-based dental practice management software

3.7/5 (42 Bewertungen)

Gutless

Bewertet am 28.4.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Our office made the switch from Viive, which itself was a very frustrating piece of software as it would constantly drop connection to the server even after several "fixes" and technical support sessions with both Mac and Viive. I was excited for Dentrix Ascend, being a long-time Dentrix veteran, knowing the power of the Dentrix applications. However, in my experience with Dentrix Ascend so far, it is clear that Ascend is a gutless wonder, especially compared with how powerful Dentrix Proper is (and even Eaglesoft, for that matter!), and as such, is has been an utter disappointment. Full disclosure: I handle the front office/insurance/accounting end of things, so I cannot speak to the clinical end of things. My review is solely of the front office and accounting end of things. Keep in mind it may be delightful for the clinician. I am pleased with the fact that we no longer have to deal with constant server connection fails, so that is nice. But still not enough to make up for Ascend's other shortcomings. My first gripe is that once an insurance carrier is established, you cannot edit the payor ID. And once groups are established under a carrier, you cannot move the groups. This means, if a carrier is set up incorrectly (say, with payor ID 06126 that directs the clearing house to print and mail all claim) with several groups, you have to manually recreate the carrier and each group underneath, which is a cumbersome and time-consuming process. Secondly, with the procedure codes, many of them default to "mouth" for treatment area, even for common codes that virtually every insurance company requires more specific information. If the procedure code is used a single time, you lose the ability to edit even the treatment area. This was a big problem for us, as treatment plans converted over with several codes that are uneditable because they are "in use." We have had to create several "alias" codes, which the clinical side now has to remember to choose. Third, Viive allowed for payment tables under each group (similar to Dentrix Proper and Eaglesoft and several other software options), that would allow any exceptions in payment to be logged for future prediction. This is not the case in Ascend. This was an important Viive feature for us because we participate with an insurance company who calculates payment based on two fee schedules: maximum allowable per provider contract and maximum allowable according to policy contract. With Ascend, you are at the mercy of coverage percentages and cannot account for the two separate yet inseparable fee schedule. I got excited when I saw the "copay" field in the coverage table and spent a large amount of time updating this field for each group, only to find out from technical support that this is not a covered feature. So, ultimately we have had to develop external tools to help us predict patient responsibility. Dentrix Ascend has completely failed us in this area. Finally, we have hit a roadblock with NEA attachments. We are having to continue using Viive because of the inability of ledgers to be transferred over to Ascend (ledgers include open claims). To make a long story short, because we are maintaining a subscription to NEA through Viive in order to be able to keep sending attachments for unresolved claims, we are unable to send attachments through Ascend. Our only options are 1) to terminate our NEA subscription under Viive and print and mail all claims requiring attachments, 2) to manually move treatment over to Ascend and resume claim troubleshooting under Ascend, or 3) print and mail all claims from Ascend requiring attachments. We are probably going to go with option (1), but really, any option is a huge inconvenience. Bottom line, as the numbers and insurance person, I would never recommend this software in its current state. I am a huge Eaglesoft critic, but I would wholeheartedly recommend even that software over Dentrix Ascend. Ascend, you have a long way to go before you will get my vouch.

Access from anywhere, line-item accounting, some user-defined reports, everything is backed up in the cloud. There is potential.

Just about everything else: confusing ledger, user-unfriendly insurance setup, inability to edit procedure codes, inability to override insurance payments at a group level and on a procedure code level, NEA attachment failures.

Mit Google übersetzen

I have used dentrix in private practice for several years, im not 100% happy with some of the features but it gets the job done.

Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 10.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

There is definitely room for improvement when it comes to functionality and user friendly options. I also feel simplicity is a must as well.

Customer service is good, any updates are easy to take care of. The patient scheduling is very easy to do, and I like the colors that you can choose from for different providers. I also like the Pinboard feature, it is very useful and handy. Reports are easy to run and very helpful and useful.

Not user friendly, dental charting can use some changes. Don't care for the x-ray component. There are way too many pop ups when you opening the patients chart and you have to navigate thru all of them every time the chart is opened which is a headache. Medical / Dental history has to be scanned into the chart and there should be an automatic form where information already gets populated into patient's chart, it would save time. Would love to have a split screen on one page when treatment planning, charting and viewing xrays so you don't have a open and close screens back and forth.

Mit Google übersetzen

Complete and utter lack of necessary features

Bewertet am 4.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Don't let the sales rep trick you into purchasing like we did by promising future features. The pace of development is GLACIAL at best. Promised patient forms when we signed up in Q2 2017. Q1 2018 and they still haven't been delivered. We now have to go through the pain of converting back to Dentrix G6 or Open Dental. Avoid this immature product at all costs.

Fairly simple to pick up and learn. Mostly because it is just that, incredibly simple. Integrates all your costs into one monthly subscription

Missing so many features that are basic necessities in a modern dental office. No electronic billing, no patient forms, no ERA, completely lacks lab tracking or a way to track referrals to other dental offices. No communication log, integrations with external services or programs, even just basic editing items like payment tags you've created is restricted. The document center can't even be sorted!

Way to basic..

Bewertet am 22.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It was pretty easy to learn, because there is not much to it. The program is very basic and other than sending the electronic claims, and charting patients, its pretty much useless. It is missing many features that are "being reviewed" or "coming in the future" but that doesn't help us in the present. So if you need zero features... you might be interested.

Honestly... just about everything it does could use some upgrading. I could go on and on about what it doesn't do. We are switching software in our office. You can't run a successful business with this software.

0.0/10

Dentrix pro's and con's

Bewertet am 4.10.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Overall Dentrix works amazing, as long as every staff member is trained properly on the software. The system functions well for storing patient information and having it so easily accessible to any staff member. The appointment book/scheduler is easy to maneuver and is customizable to the needs of the day. This system is a must have in our office! It's helps us run our day smoothly.

There can be so much information stored in the program, which is great if you know where to find it. The extra notes sections and flags are always so great to have and anyone can access them from any computer. The appointment book/scheduler is the perfect way for each member of staff to keep track of the day. I love being able to see when patients arrive, if they have been confirmed, if they are running late by just one quick glance at the schedule.

Sometimes when a patient chart is open from multiple monitors in the office, there will be a lag in updating the info. Sometimes notes or treatment will be added twice in this case.

Don't Waste Your Time, Money, and Sanity

Bewertet am 25.5.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Please research this thouroughly before purchasing. Have someone come and do a demonstration that includes office staff, since they're the ones who have to use it!

The deposit slip is the best thing I have found so far. I regret I'm unable to find anything else. I'm sure there is more but I've yet to experience it.

It takes way too many steps to print, check out patients, scheule appointments. To change insurance companies for patients is a joke! Too time consuming and confusing!! This is just the tip of the iceberg! Oh yes, recall is from the stone ages!

Mit Google übersetzen

Ascend is ascending in quality but not quite there yet

Bewertet am 15.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

It is centralized and a business manager or director can see the entire scope of the patient's status from account aging, to insurance claims status, to clinical particulars.

includes text reminders, ability to see claims status and follow-ups with insurance, ledger activity and balance is staggered nicely, imaging function and treatment planning is awesome (can obtain bird's eye view from dental chart)

have experienced glitches and entire days where the software has been completely disabled; not everything saves instantly (has nothing to do with internet speed but speaks to the nature of cloud-based software and, by nature, the downfall of having an offsite server).

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Everything needed to do your charting, billing, scheduling

Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 27.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Runs smoothly. Integrates easily with xrays. Templates make paperless a snap. So simple even a dentist can operate it!

Mucho expensive. I'm sure there are knock-offs that do it all for a fraction of the cost. This is the 400 lb. gorilla though.

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Dentrix- the necessary evil.

Bewertet am 8.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I have been using Dentrix in dental practices for the last 7 years. It has a lot of functionality wrapped up into an involved package. Once you are familiar with Dentrix you will find it's potential to be exponential. I often find that onboarding new practices with it have its own challenges. With that being said when asked which Practice Managment Software I would recommend it is alway top three. Lastly, as it is the biggest player on the playground you would think they would invest a little more into their support. If you have the time to wait on the phone, or the experiance to know what your problem is then you can find a solution with their online support. However, if you are unsure of what your problem is or why it is happening it is best to work with an I.T company to work with Dentrix support and even then be prepared for a finger pointing match.

Integrations, Capabilities.

Training curve, Support.

Mit Google übersetzen

Our first year has been pretty smooth.

Bewertet am 19.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I love being able to log on from my 2 locations and being able to see the schedule from both offices

I would like to see improvements in the schedule view; better ledger breakdowns, statements. We're waiting for electronic health history forms

NOT WHAT IT IS REPRESENTED TO BE AND SCHEIN DOES NOT SEEM TO CARE

Bewertet am 16.10.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Thought we would be safe with Schein software. Liked the idea of cloud based but this software is fussy. Must copy and paste things to get them printed. Very annoying report system. Cannot check insurance online throught the software, although the reps "guaranteed" it would work that way. Cannot filter what statements to send to patients and cannot e-mail them either. Greg Kaye, our tech rep has not gotten back to us about getting out of this mess. Thought about going to Dentrix but I am very unhappy with Schein. Asked for a manual to help train and never got one.

Nothing Special

Training is abominable. Over the phone/web. No easy way to learn this. Customer service is a total joke. Noone seems to know the answers except that the engineers are working on it. I feel sorry for them because no customer can be happy with the call-in options.

0.0/10

manager

Bewertet am 18.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I was a beta tester, maybe it has gotten better.

graphics were good. the support was ok. too many bugs however to work out. I wanted something customizable to my needs. not able with this system. The system caters to too large an audience.

not user friendly . poor integration with xray .had to scroll to multiple pages to get information into the chart.

dental software

Bewertet am 21.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Products serve its purpose. Product used on daily bases for busy dental practice. multi use functions and easily incorporates all of the necessary aspects of dentistry, billing and patient information.

ease of use

freezes occasionally

6.0/10

Dentrix Experience

Bewertet am 21.4.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Dentrix offers a lot of ways of tracking treatment and patients. I love that it is so user friendly.

I don't feel like the product has any down falls at this time. I think it would be fun if is had more graphics and maybe the bubble communication worked a little better. I also think it would be great if there was a better way to do alternate links.

Mit Google übersetzen

Dentrix Ascend has a long way to go...

Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 14.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Customer service is good and they attempt to help, but sometimes you get different answers from different people

There are too many clicks to do one thing. There are frequent issues with the server. The features are not up to par with other practice management software programs out there, even the old eaglesoft that we had is more efficient that this. I would not recommend this to anyone at this point. I have been a former dentrix user not the cloud and it was so superior to this

3.0/10

Dentrix Practice Management

Bewertet am 11.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Integration. I would say Dentrix is hands down the best dental practice management software. It integrates well with the front desk, business and clinical aspects.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great conversation and information, just won't work for us right now.

Bewertet am 10.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I loved how knowledgeable Steven was and I enjoyed the conversation we had while going over the software. He was very helpful with laying out everything I needed to look at when researching cloud based software systems.

User friendly - Feels like Facebook; All Claims are included with Ascend; Online booking; Line item accounting, Day Overview.
Long lasting small business.

Not compatible with Lighthouse 360; No capability to do a mass patient email campaign that can have a design of sorts; Need higher internet speeds; Scanned documents, images & ledger detail may not convert over. Their is no new patient paperwork forms that auto-fill in the patients chart. Kind of pricey compared to other cloud based systems. Dexis Sensors require a Server for Ascend.

Just be aware

Bewertet am 6.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

..."Because the software is delivered over the cloud, practices don’t have to worry about installing upgrades or maintaining expensive servers"...

Yes, until there is an internet outage as we have seen a few times then everything stops and no work cane be done and patient info cannot be accessed.

Servers are not expensive, and there is a lot to be said for controlling one's own environment and not relying increasingly on multiple layers of 3rd party resources.

You get used to it after a while.

A Cloud service
Cumbersome
Slow

1.0/10

Dentrix

Bewertet am 4.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I am a bit indifferent when it comes to this software. There are several functional and speed of use aspects I'd love to change or improve but I have used several other products and in comparison I would have to say this is one of the better systems for this use.

Ease of use and day to day functionality when comparing to other systems.

Sometimes have problems with freezing up and the system takes a little while to learn to use. But once you do you will enjoy it overall.

Potential, but need works

Bewertet am 13.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Ascend has potential to be great. No longer do you need an expensive network with IT support. Everything is cloud based which means it can be accessed anywhere...big plus.
The only is the only UI. It needs to be more user friendly and more flexible. It didn't feel like the natural transition from Dentrix G6 at all. When you call for support it almost seems like they are still trying to learn alongside the users.

Potential to be great

User Interface
Support
Not Dentrix anyone was expecting

MAYDEN7

Bewertet am 12.12.2016

I have worked with Dentrix for almost 9 years. It is a simple program to use

Easy to work with,

Management reports are less than desired. It is hard to customize some areas in the charting and notes. There are too many maximums in certain areas such as health HX. Support is not always supportive. I think most read out of a manual as they are trying to help you and take the long way around the barn! We use a different source for e claims and statements.

Dentrix Ascend Review

Bewertet am 6.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

This is the dentrix cloud version. Cloud has advantage of accessibility without a log into a server or server based data system. The face that you dont have to maintain a server is great, and you can rely on others backing up data, another great feature.

If you have slow internet or not enough broad band, data posting is slow. Also, there was alot of need to go between pages instead of having access to more information on one page at a time.

6.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Dentrix is a great product that changed my practice....

Bewertet am 6.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Dentrix is a great product that allows me to view all of a patients files and see the xray images. We have used a number of software types before but they were too complicated and not as robust as Dentrix. I can see the number of patients each day and the number of patients for the week as well as insurance submissions and claims. Great product ....Bella Normatov, DDS

Ease of use and easy to teach a staff member

sometimes slow but usually our server...would be good to know what are the best server and computer requirements.

Dentrix review

Bewertet am 6.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I have to use this product everyday, and it is actually the only dental software that I ever had to use. The software is very easy to navigate and understand.

Easy to use and understand

I wish there was a way to hide patient names and phone numbers on the appointment book ( or if there is a way I have no figured it out yet :)

Mit Google übersetzen

Absolutely professional and helpful in every way

Bewertet am 22.9.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Whole experience from start through install and use is professional and helpful

Excellent support. Well thought out program. Great value for the investment. Seems easy to upgrade which I am looking forward to doing

Takes a little getting used to, but well worth the effort. Was a little difficult to learn to print insurance claims.