Dentrix Ascend Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Sharon

Great Dental Software

Bewertet am 10.5.2019

We truly love the ease of this software, it's easy to learn, anyone new in the office is able to learn the system very quickly. For our office, it was a perfect solution, we have multiple locations and can quickly toggle between locations for scheduling and payment, it has made it extremely easy to oversee both locations. Another great aspect to this software, since it is web based they are able to continually update and make it even better, this has been great, we are happy with everything they have created!

There are several features we are really waiting for, an online time clock, and online RX.

Rylee
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Perfect for multiple offices!

Bewertet am 7.8.2019

Very good I work for multiple dental groups and have recommended this to my other dental groups who were not using it!

I work with a dental company that owns five different offices! This software is awesome because it can easily be used in any of the offices and the information doesn’t have to be sent back-and-forth it is already in the software.

Having adjust from the original Dentrix software to the ascend version has some minor challenges and differences.

Jesse

Gutless

Bewertet am 28.4.2017

Our office made the switch from Viive, which itself was a very frustrating piece of software as it would constantly drop connection to the server even after several "fixes" and technical support sessions with both Mac and Viive. I was excited for Dentrix Ascend, being a long-time Dentrix veteran, knowing the power of the Dentrix applications. However, in my experience with Dentrix Ascend so far, it is clear that Ascend is a gutless wonder, especially compared with how powerful Dentrix Proper is (and even Eaglesoft, for that matter!), and as such, is has been an utter disappointment. Full disclosure: I handle the front office/insurance/accounting end of things, so I cannot speak to the clinical end of things. My review is solely of the front office and accounting end of things. Keep in mind it may be delightful for the clinician. I am pleased with the fact that we no longer have to deal with constant server connection fails, so that is nice. But still not enough to make up for Ascend's other shortcomings. My first gripe is that once an insurance carrier is established, you cannot edit the payor ID. And once groups are established under a carrier, you cannot move the groups. This means, if a carrier is set up incorrectly (say, with payor ID 06126 that directs the clearing house to print and mail all claim) with several groups, you have to manually recreate the carrier and each group underneath, which is a cumbersome and time-consuming process. Secondly, with the procedure codes, many of them default to "mouth" for treatment area, even for common codes that virtually every insurance company requires more specific information. If the procedure code is used a single time, you lose the ability to edit even the treatment area. This was a big problem for us, as treatment plans converted over with several codes that are uneditable because they are "in use." We have had to create several "alias" codes, which the clinical side now has to remember to choose. Third, Viive allowed for payment tables under each group (similar to Dentrix Proper and Eaglesoft and several other software options), that would allow any exceptions in payment to be logged for future prediction. This is not the case in Ascend. This was an important Viive feature for us because we participate with an insurance company who calculates payment based on two fee schedules: maximum allowable per provider contract and maximum allowable according to policy contract. With Ascend, you are at the mercy of coverage percentages and cannot account for the two separate yet inseparable fee schedule. I got excited when I saw the "copay" field in the coverage table and spent a large amount of time updating this field for each group, only to find out from technical support that this is not a covered feature. So, ultimately we have had to develop external tools to help us predict patient responsibility. Dentrix Ascend has completely failed us in this area. Finally, we have hit a roadblock with NEA attachments. We are having to continue using Viive because of the inability of ledgers to be transferred over to Ascend (ledgers include open claims). To make a long story short, because we are maintaining a subscription to NEA through Viive in order to be able to keep sending attachments for unresolved claims, we are unable to send attachments through Ascend. Our only options are 1) to terminate our NEA subscription under Viive and print and mail all claims requiring attachments, 2) to manually move treatment over to Ascend and resume claim troubleshooting under Ascend, or 3) print and mail all claims from Ascend requiring attachments. We are probably going to go with option (1), but really, any option is a huge inconvenience. Bottom line, as the numbers and insurance person, I would never recommend this software in its current state. I am a huge Eaglesoft critic, but I would wholeheartedly recommend even that software over Dentrix Ascend. Ascend, you have a long way to go before you will get my vouch.

Access from anywhere, line-item accounting, some user-defined reports, everything is backed up in the cloud. There is potential.

Just about everything else: confusing ledger, user-unfriendly insurance setup, inability to edit procedure codes, inability to override insurance payments at a group level and on a procedure code level, NEA attachment failures.

Nicholas

Great Ascend

Bewertet am 7.8.2019

Ascend has made it possible to cross train our clinical staff through it’s intuitive design; and this has made our patient turnover very efficient, while reducing the need for addition front desk personnel.

This software saves countless hours of additional administrative work and processing mistakes. Our office switched from Eagle Soft, which we ran on a closed network, about 5 years ago; and after learning how to use theAscend software, I can honestly say that it was one of the best decisions that we have ever made for our practice.

There’s nothing that I don’t particularly dislike about the software. However, there is room for improvement with some of the newer features. For example, real time benefits along with automated verification and eligibility would make Ascend the perfect software, in my option.

Lacey

Easy to follow & use

Bewertet am 11.5.2021

I like the ease of use...meaning it's easy to navigate. Simplified version of their more complex server-based Software

I wish the reporting was more like their server-based software

Bethany

Love Dentrix Ascend

Bewertet am 17.5.2021

* Software updates happen automatically at night when we're out of the office do it does not interrupt our work day.

* Being able to put in down grades is a huge help

* Very user friendly

* Certain things are not as customizable as we would like ie: patient forms, text message communications

* Would love more options on insurance coverage

* When you change an address or phone number there should be an option to apply it to everyone listed on the account. It is very time consuming to change it on every single family member, especially when there's like 8 people.

* Switching primary and secondary insurance is very difficult and time consuming

Jodi

Pedo

Bewertet am 12.5.2021

Works well, cloud based is wonderful. So many "workarounds" suggested rather than ensuring a truly functional product.

All of the suggested "workarounds" instead of ensuring true functionality. VERY challenging and time consuming to create insurance fee schedules with copay percentages for each plan. Should have option for patients to automatically become inactive after "X" number of months have passed since last visit. Should not be able to appoint inactive patients without first changing them to active. Better notification of balances / credits / ideally on appointment card. The ability to delete any procedure (EVEN IF IT IS ON A PRE-D). The ability to add a D0230 to a treatment plan without first having to add D0220 then change as a line item to D0230. Online scheduling never worked properly/ MANY ERRORS in scheduling/ double booking/ and we have now disabled.

Sheena
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great potential for cloud-based software

Bewertet am 11.5.2021

Overall, great. I used Curve Hero for a while and I have been happier with the speed of the technology.

Cloud-based, constantly evolving, easy to use once getting the hang of it, images are well-organized and acquisition agent is within the software itself, which is great.
Creating templates is great and super customizable. Can be used for multiple offices with ease!

CBCT not included, redundant, changing providers, unable to select multiple things to change at a time.

Jerry
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Needs better customer support

Bewertet am 28.7.2023

Better customer support is greatly needed.

Better customer support is greatly needed.

Being cloud based is nice. They backup your data and setup is simple.

When there are issues, it takes hours to get through to help desk for assistance. Seems like issues happen every 5-6 weeks lately.

Jason
Jason
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Ascend is a great platform for many practices, especially those with multiple practices

Bewertet am 16.11.2018

pretty good, Always improving. I'd like them to fix the couple cons but I feel like they will over the next year.

Shared database between both offices.
Easy to learn
Modern
Always adding functionality.

Missing API
Missing customizable paperless form.

Karlie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Has potential.... needs more features

Bewertet am 22.8.2019

Would really be a great program, however it is missing too many key components.

Would really be a great program, however it is missing too many key components.

The program is visually great to look at and is very basic, easy to use.

Ascend must incorporate more features from outside sources. At this seminar out of a large room of vendors, we could not find 1 who's program could be used within Ascend.

srinivas
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Dentrix for dental practice management

Bewertet am 20.8.2019

Patient appointment and payment methods are great. there are no features that allows to capture patient feedback. charting is good and can be changed over time. referral process is still manual. there should be a voluntary/ optional training program for subscribers every year offered by the company.

user friendly, easy layout, great features

tricky to use, inability to add templates, referral processes

Elizabeth

Excellent move from server-based Dentrix

Bewertet am 9.11.2018

Before using Ascend, we were constantly having server and networking problems. There was no telling what morning we would come in and have a problem accessing our PMS. It happened so frequently that when we finally had our server crash, we jumped on the opportunity to upgrade to a cloud based program. Although using Ascend is a complete change from using Dentrix, we became familiar with the new program within a few weeks and have never looked back! It was the best choice we ever made!

I love that the software makes regular updates that I don't have to download and apply myself. The ease of having our program available on different devices like an iPad makes it extremely convenient. Ascend is highly user friendly, if you can use a webpage, you can use the program. I also love not ever having to worry about an access problem when I have an issue with the server!

There are some features not available. There aren't as many options to change settings for individual practices as there are in server based programs. It was difficult to get used to using only one module at a time; ie: I can't have the ledger open on one person and look the chart at the same time.

Karen

Usee Friendly Software and Excellent Customer Service

Bewertet am 25.5.2021

It is so easy to use. You can request features that are often considered and implemented. The ongoing updates are great. Technical support is excellent.

The perio comparison chart is difficukt to read. The note that we set up for scheduling(i.e. provider request) does not pop up when the appointment is being made.

Mendy

Ascend is the BEST!

Bewertet am 21.8.2019

I was a long-time regular Dentrix user so when I branched out to open my own practice, I wanted something that was similar to what I was used to but also had even better perks! And I feel like we got just that with Ascend. It’s easy to use from any computer, laptop, iPad, phone or even from home. And the BEST part is they are always asking their current users what can be improved upon... they want their clients happy with Ascend! I love it.

Only a couple of cons... but I think that the Ascend software developers are currently working on these:
No time clock within Ascend

-ease of training
-integration of imaging
-continuous improvement

-does not integrate with 3rd party applications well
-would like to be able to open it to one patient instead of a Home Screen first

Chelsea

Bewertet am 11.5.2021

Scheduling patients is super easy for both new and existing patients. Switching between multiple practices is easy to do.

It would be great to reschedule a canceled appointment from one location to another.

Nikole

A work in progress

Bewertet am 2.4.2020

The pros outweigh the cons for us! To have a cloud based software offers convenience like no other. We are hopeful that other practices will chime in and vote for more practial features that Dentrix Ascend will be able to add to the software and take them to a superior level!

Amazingly convenient! It's so nice to be able to work remotely since this software is cloud based. If there is a power outage or internet goes down at the office, we can continue on using cellular data.

The lack of features available that are extremely common for dental practices. For example, printing off routeslips 2-3 days out is not an option, only "next day" route slips are able to be printed. Also, unable to send a prior-authorization to a secondary insurnace.

Ivy
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Critical Part of Success

Bewertet am 1.11.2019

I purchased a satellite office from a retiring dentist. I am practicing 2 1/2 - 3 days a week by appointment only by myself (no staff). I can't imagine running the office without Dentrix Ascend. I worked as an associate for 16 years at a practice that used standard Dentrix. I keep telling my old boss to purchase Dentrix Ascend. They never uploaded the updates that came via disk, so they kept piling up. They did not want to pay for the IT guy to come to the office to update the system.

I love the automatic updates to features that pop up when I log in with full explanations available for me to choose when to watch.

I have no complaints about this software.

dawood

highly recommended

Bewertet am 7.8.2019

i really love the software hope they can make the reporting a little easier to work with.

i used to use so many plug ins application to do run the business the i wanted, but now i just have Dentrix Ascend and that can take care of all those thing for me. the ability to have access for any where and from any device is a blessing.

i would like to see more about reporting. its not as great as it was in the original dentrix software. but you can do a lot more with this one.

Jazmine

Great Product With Room to Grow

Bewertet am 7.8.2019

Ascend has been a great improvement to our office. It allows us to keep patient records, images, appointments, accounts, insurance tracking, etc. all in one place that is accessible even when we are not in office. We have remote employees and the ability for them to be able to work off-site while still having access to the information they need has been a huge help.

The software has a lot of capabilities and is very useful. The fact that it's cloud based is wonderful for convenience and accessibility when we're not in the office.

As with most newer programs, is a work in progress. It has it's limitations like any program but with that being said, they are always taking user input and continuously bringing out updates that cater the the needs of their user base and their customer service is particularly good.

Stu
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best management decision we have made in info. systems

Bewertet am 21.8.2019

We don't have to have multiple servers in each location.

We don't have to have multiple servers in each location.

Easy to navigate, fast response and download time, very straight-forward.

Subscription cost has gone up. Sometimes on Chromebooks, charts do not load correctly.

Scott

Ascend is Great

Bewertet am 4.12.2018

Before Dentrix we were a six office company, with six individual servers. They had no ability to communicate/share patient info. So we operated like six small offices. Ascend has allowed us to operate as one company, with six offices. For anyone looking to have a firm grasp of the business side of your business, Ascend is the software for you.

Ascend is easy to use, and very reliable. The reporting capabilities go above and beyond what you need, especially if you are a multi-location operation. And the fact that it is cloud based means you don't need to invest in servers or a lot of infrastructure. All you need is an internet connection.

Only small drawback is there is no lab case management feature, yet.

Tracy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Ascending To New Heights

Bewertet am 18.6.2021

Overall a success. We are able to train staff efficiently, have multitiers of user management.

Works across the cloud and therefore can see all our locations by permission. Multiple ways to navigate patient records.

Stalling, slow downs, having to log out/close out and log in or refresh multiple times per day. Patient Health updates, Claim status information.

Thomas
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use at location and home

Bewertet am 12.5.2021

For the cost and the ability to use my laptop and PC at home I would recommend it to anybody in the medical or dental profession

I really like the ability to look at my radiographs and do my notes at home in case I didn’t have time to do my notes at the office it seamlessly works both in the office and at home or on my laptop when I am on vacation

You’re a really little cons with this product it matches well with the competition currently on the market