Autotask PSA Erfahrungen

4/5

Sortieren nach

We love Autotask PSA!

Bewertet am 5.2.2018

Ease of use, and productivity for the staff. Mobile app makes it easy for people to get their notes in.

Everything integrates really well. The techs can easily put in their time entries, and the software exports to QuickBooks very nicely. It also has an internal invoicing system which we use and love. It's hard to go wrong with Autotask.

The reporting functionality is amazing, but it has a very steep learning curve. I wish reporting was more drag/drop or more logical. I'm sure it's great once you know it, but many times when playing around you don't get exactly what you expect from reports.

Brian
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The central hub for IT tools

Bewertet am 2.6.2023

Overall experience has been positive. I've used Service Now, Connectwise Manage, and Service CEO in similar capacities. Autotask has a larger feature set without relying on third party applications. Autotask includes base level abilities for typical third party plugins with the option to integrate more feature rich plugins if desired.

I like the ability to feed information from multiple different toolsets in to Autotask. I also love the ability to customize ticket templates and place valuable related data like related ITGlue articles and passwords in the tickets.

It's wide variety of options does lead to a slightly complex UI for new users.

ConnectWise PSA , JIRA Service Management und ServiceNow

Zuvor genutzte Software

ConnectWise PSA

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Autotask PSA

Familiarity and ability overall.
Pablo

It's a leading PSA that needs work

Bewertet am 22.3.2018

The integration of multiple components (sales, ticketing, RMM, leads, quotes) is nice to have and is ideal in today's world where managed services providers need all innone solutions

Every feature unfortunately seems half baked. Some examples of this are: There is no direct integration with quoting resellers like Ingram to get sales data (unless you buy a 3P module such as QuoteWerks), deleting tickets is a colossal nightmare which can't be done via their API. Their APIs in general are fairly poor as they don't let you do basic functions such as deleting configurations or tickets, setting a ticket creator or setting the name of the person that is doing a note or comment (these features are only available via their email gateway or through the portal itself. There is no ability to truly lock down a user account, help desk users are able to pull reports of other members utilization and work being performed even if they are not queue owners.

Rob
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use to manage customers, tickets, and service contracts

Bewertet am 1.7.2022

We use Autotask all through the day and they have a reliable cloud service. API integrations to our VSA was easy to setup and has been pretty much set it and forget it. Integration with Quickbooks has changed over the time that we have used it, but with the change to using the web connector it has become not only more secure but problem free. We manage our customer contacts and tickets through the system and after initial setup it has been easy and problem free with little ongoing maintenance needed on our end.

They changed to a dashboard system at login and frankly it is not that useful to us. Adding new services, email automation, or changing service queues is not intuitive and since it is not something we do that frequently I always feel like I spend more time than I needed to once I have it complete. We had to do some ticket automation on keywords to let us know when a set of reoccurring tasks has come to end when it should be a feature of the system. The outsourcing module could be more robust especially since it is a feature we pay an additional fee for.

ConnectWise Automate
Amanda

Best MSP out there!

Bewertet am 13.2.2018

There's really nothing out there I've found that's comparable. The integration with other programs like N-Able, QuoteWerks and QuickBooks pretty much make AutoTask a one-stop-shop. I love that AutoTask has so many features that allow me to service our customers all in one place. I've been using AutoTask for over 4 years and I'm STILL finding new features available! They also seem to value its user's input. Over the years I've seen them make many improvements to their user interface, and a lot of them were highly requested by users on their message boards, so it's nice to see that they read those and make efforts to incorporate much-needed changes.

The fact that AutoTask has so many features does make it difficult to navigate and set up the system initially. Because of that, most of the problems we've had with AutoTask have boiled down to being user-errors, which I can't fault AutoTask for. As an admin, it's just that there's SO much you can do and customize in AutoTask, it becomes very overwhelming knowing where to start, and knowing how to set up all the pieces in a way that will make the system easy to use for our normal tech users.

Joe
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

After 6 months of use still not working

Bewertet am 26.3.2022

Horrible

Horrible

Seemed to have a lot of potential because of the integration with datto RMM but after 8 months never worked properly.

The integration with Datto RMM did not work properly tickets not being created, sometimes slow and issues when logging in to the portal. Had to give up since I wasted too much time with support to try to get it resolved.

SolarWinds Service Desk

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Autotask PSA

Seemed to have a lot of features that I can use like ticketing integration with Datto RMM and Datta backup.
Bruce
Bruce

Amazingly comprehensive managed services

Bewertet am 11.7.2018

The AutoTask \ Datto AEM software is one of the best RMM products we've used. We originally were looking to swap to something from Hounddog when it was expensive years ago and this did everything HoundDog \ GFI Max did but much cheaper and that was just on the monitoring side of things.

It also added, remote management, auditing, bulk updates, patch management, reporting, which we weren't getting from Hounddog and we've been with AutoTask ever since. Each time we look to replace it with another RMM tool, when we compare the features and the price per device we just can't beat it.

Ridiculously low resource footprint
Easy to add devices for management
The amount of detailed information you get from the auditing is amazing
Push out deployments in bulk

The inbuilt reporting is being massively improved over the next few months \ iterations, as currently it leaves something to be desired. There's a huge wealth of auditing data that is captured by the software but you can't easily pull this out. Sure you can filter devices by the info, but to actually pull a report, its painful.

3rd party patch management is also something they're working on developing further as there are competitors out there who do it much better.

Dan
Dan
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Autotask does a lot of things. Many really well.

Bewertet am 2.3.2021

Overall, this is a great system for managing a busy tech company, and I recommend it for anyone who bills based on time spent with clients.

I manage my clients and my team through the PSA. Trouble-tickets are great, the queues are all very versatile and easy to manage. We have automated alerts, calls, and client-submitted tickets and screenshots all populating to an active queue.

The "Site Configuration" and basic details of each site could be a lot better organized. Right now, if you want to store a bunch of passwords or configuration details of any one site, it can be cumbersome and difficult to find what you need. Similarly, attached pictures or other attachments for the clients can be tough to find.

Jamie
Jamie
  • Branche: Computer-Hardware
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A great tool if they fix some of the glitches

Bewertet am 11.8.2023

Overall it is really good tool and I can't see us moving from it in the near future

Very versatile tool has some great customisation options.

When the options aren't customisable at all it really does hinder you.The inventory system could be setup for multiple physical locations.No option for a 24 hour clock

• Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great user interface and the functionality of this software is superior

Bewertet am 18.12.2018

We can multi task using the autotask dash board,this allows us to manage all aspects of the service desk including the financial spectrum of the business. This program is a vital part of our day to day routine and we would be lost without it.

I really like the interface of the website and the depth of functionalty to assist running a service desk is really great. Superior software for the price.

No cons that I can think of. I highly recommend this product.

Jaden
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Autotask is great as a ticketing system

Bewertet am 21.11.2022

Overall I would recommend this software. We use it daily for a few years now. It is great for documentation and tying it to the company. The ticketing works well and the alerts are great.

I use this product every single day as our ticketing software. It is great. It is easy to create widgets to track metrics as well as keep account of tickets. I also like the ability to create configuration items and easily tie them to the company they go with.

Its a little slow to respond sometimes. It does not like when you are trying to edit/save two tickets at the same time. Other than that not much complaints.

Tyler

It isn't the prettiest or sleekest looking, but AEM provides a deep toolkit for the IT...

Bewertet am 9.1.2018

AEM makes it easy to organize multiple off-site locations and set up hardware monitoring, apply a scheduled server restart for patches, and the ability to quickly and easily apply scripts to remote computers without ever logging onto them.

AEM makes it easy to monitor, set up scripts, or even connect to countless computers remotely. You can drill down to a computer on an individual level, or group entire office sites into resource monitoring or apply your custom written scripts to them, either one time or schedule a time for them to reoccur.
AEM really lets you apply the full capabilities of your knowledge to managing your computers. I've never felt held back by it.

Sometimes it feels like there's just too many levels, and it can take awhile to get where you need to be. Luckily the software is not slow to respond, but it's still a few layers to drill down to get to the computer you need.
There also is a bit of a learning curve compared to other similar management systems, however AEM does reward you for learning all its in's and out's with a vast array of customization features to manage the computers exactly how you want.

Michael
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

An easy to use and well integrated solution for IT companies

Bewertet am 9.6.2017

I lead a team of 8 technicians. Distributing and managing tickets between them can be very frustrating with an average of 50-100 tickets a day for my team. Autotask makes it very easy to manage with the customization throughout the program. From my dashboard, I am able to monitor ticket openings for my team, overall closures per technician, ticket priorities and SLA clocks, and escalations. I really like the way I can build reports in any method I want with just a few clicks. Reviewing timesheets is also much faster for me with the layout in Autotask.

-A sharp looking, customizable dashboard
-Multiple ways to view ticket queues and monitor technicians
-Client Portal
-Easy to build knowledge base
-Attractive report views for every business need

-Frequent crashes and freezes
-More complicated to implement then ServiceNow
-On average is a higher dollar amount than other industry leaders
-Long contracts as well as yearly rolling contracts

• Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Autotask has no History

Bewertet am 26.9.2018

Autotask is mainly use for Tech Support, Support Contracts and Project Management. It does an OK job with Tech Support, but all the other items are arduous to set up and very time consuming.

I really do not like Autotask as a software, there is not many features that are great as our team decided to use it for not it's design purpose which is an IT management company for projects, CRM, etc.

The absolute biggest con about Autotask is they have no history features. All changes are unrecorded or unexposed in the software, so someone can go in change numbers on projects, customer license counts and there is no history of anyone changing these items. It has been requested as a feature for 2 years and the only reply is "we have it on the roadmap" even though it is a highly sought after and frankly, BASIC feature that they never included.

Derek

I have been working with ATP for 10+ years now

Bewertet am 15.9.2017

It is great for startup companies but not for companies that are growing and offers tools like big boy enterprise applications, and you can get up and running quickly.

I have been suggesting in the forums for years to have a way to remove in a simple and easy "select all" for graphics that are attached from the email parser and clutter up tickets, and no response. Recently I was in a webinar and pointedly asked about why this was not included in the update and crickets..... it is the little things that annoy folks over time, and having to scroll through every signature graphic and html goop and clean up ticket for easier use. The support staff for plugins like procurement and sales are also annoying...

Sunil

Insufficient

Bewertet am 6.11.2021

Implementation is not simple, Cost to Use Ratio is not good.
Confusion becomes high when you need...

Implementation is not simple, Cost to Use Ratio is not good.
Confusion becomes high when you need to use so many different software to accomplish a smooth working environment.

Onsite Support: you can get customer signature for the work performed on mobile phone.
Can refer back to the service tickets if they are filled accurately each time.

Does not provide a good Calendar view for Work distribution and management (It is crucial)
Purchased it thinking we will be able to use it as CRM as well. Very basic CRM unusable.
Gets expensive as you grow your team.

Jahiezer
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

All you need to make a tickets in one page

Bewertet am 27.6.2018

A very helpful tool for working into the online world and have a controll for all your transactions ith the clients no matters the place in the world they are. The UI is really nice, thouhg is not the most pretty, have the most frecuently tools in ne page and make the proces faster. I work with people allover the world and this app help us to integrate our work and make a more faster process

One of the most problematic issues that i see is in the securyty, is not real levels, everyone wit acces can do anything they want to, so you must have complety trust in the person you give acces, but in bussines fully trust is not enough. Also dislike the fact that they use te user computer time becouse i work with people in diferents time zones and that make some notes and tickets get to confuse

Baldeep

Powerful Helpdesk

Bewertet am 19.4.2018

This helpdesk has a lot of functions. With all the data teams enter in the working day this can help accounts departments with invoicing in bulk with time constraints.

For the end user there are a number of fields to input. For example in an MSP work environment, you need to enter the company before the individuals name. Having that requirement slows down input and confuses the customer.

The mobile app needs improvement. More investment on making this easy to use on mobiles and tablets is key to allowing engineers to work in the field.

Harry

Good product value rate

always available SAAS solution, very good qualified helpdesk

always available SAAS solution, very good qualified helpdesk

easy to use and implementFull of features and self-designable dashboards and workflows

it's so full of features that makes it hard to decide where and at what stage in implementing you should start using them

Ben

It gets the job done

Bewertet am 5.3.2018

Out of the box, it has a lot going for it. But the setup time is not short.
It's great for getting...

Out of the box, it has a lot going for it. But the setup time is not short.
It's great for getting quick access to information about your customers, tickets, billings, etc.

It's industry specific, so it has a lot going for it. We need something that is already designed for our industry so we could hit the ground running.

It's cumbersome and pricey. The per user price is not cheap.
We are starting to outgrow it. We regular have needs to go outside of what the built in limitations are of different modules with no options to expand.

Bart
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

HaarmanB ICT's review

feautureset, ease of use, automation using Workflow Rules

WYSIWYG user interface of template building. I use an external HTML-editor to create, modify and preview the HTML code

Rahul
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Powerful PSA Solution

Very Good.

Very Good.

Centralized business operations management tool which can increase your productivity and profitability.

Mobile version needs more features to work around.

Richard
Richard
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Poorly implemented

Bewertet am 6.1.2021

The program is primitive, poorly laid out and definitely not user friendly. The latest upgrade as far as I can tell was a step backwards for efficiency.
I am not sure who codes this program but they have never set foot in a working environment and for something to be useful that is an experience that is a must.

The concept is sound and the fields are useful.

The windows are not laid out in an efficient manner.

Ryan

Alright Autotask PSA

Bewertet am 14.2.2023

We use Autotask for our ticketing system. It is overall pretty good with some quirks. Time entries are built into ticket notes so that is helpful.

To get user privileges correct takes trial and error. Also, most of the time when there is a major update Autotask crashes for a while.

Emily

Autotask

Bewertet am 29.4.2021

I used Autotask on a daily basis for over four years.

I used Autotask on a daily basis for over four years.

I like how customizable the dashboards and widgets could be. Also, the Global Notes Search has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion.

Sometimes there were too many options when trying to run reports that I couldn't figure out how to get exactly what I wanted.