7.694 Bewertungen

Lauren H.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Illustrating Beyond Boundaries

Bewertet am 6.4.2020

I have faith in Illustrator and learned how it behaves. I know it will continue to update, as other Adobe applications do. Best to keep that belief in it and push on with resilience.

As a professional artist and business creative, Adobe Illustrator has been an application well used in my toolbelt of visual software. From vector creations to typographic layouts, Illustrator never ceases to amaze me in terms of innovation. The thing I like most about it is the guidance it provides for artists and designers really shines through. Specifically, Illustrator analyzes and

I've learned that each software has a strength of its own. And it's best to understand how it works so you can maneuver through it without a lot of issues. That's why Illustrator really works for me. The only setback would be the brush types. I do wish the variance in stroke would expand more in terms of the lines it creates. I've noticed that the strokes would have lines within them, but would just be copied versions. However, I believe this is a minor issue and not much to dwell on!

Zandrich M.

Adobe Illustrator: A Proven Formula

Bewertet am 16.2.2021

Illustrator was my first foray into the world of computer-aided design and digital art; my first license was provided as part of my Multimedia Design studies just shy of a decade ago - and I've not once considered looking back.

Initially, I found the interface somewhat intimidating - the workspace was dotted with a plethora of icons representing tools I never knew existed - but once I started exploring, the tools, keyboard shortcuts and my workflow melded into an experience like none other.

To express my experience of it somewhat allegorically - Illustrator and I operate as one. With my muscle memory refined, and my understanding of the available tools expanded, ideas, both technical and abstract in nature, could flow onto my screen without restriction.

I personally recommend Adobe Illustrator to my contemporaries within the industry, and often professionals working in other fields altogether.

Adobe Illustrator is very, very expansive; Adobe managed to marry the tried-and-trusted tools and processes of the more well-known Photoshop, with the logic and functionality of mundane CAD suites - elegantly. Adobe Illustrator has, for that reason, been a mainstay within my design workflow, and beyond, for almost a decade.

One of its strongest features (often overlooked), is the ability to utilize multiple 'artboards' (pages) in a single workspace (unlike the single composition format of Photoshop); this allows a user to sketch plans, create artwork, take notes, and compile documents all in one place - a must for projects where one needs to compile related documents in parallel with a creative workflow.

Adobe Illustrator, and the Adobe Creative Suite as a whole, remains the standard within all creative and marketing practices around the world for one simple reason - they are based on a proven formula, one that has both reinvented the wheel and built on prior successes.

Although Adobe Illustrator has come very far since I was first introduced to the CS5 release, it cannot be picked up by someone to be mastered in one work day - this in itself is not a weakness - Adobe Illustrator is, and always has been, software intended to enhance the abilities of someone familiar with computer-aided design suites.

Kenyon C.
  • Branche: Fotografie

The Core of the apple

Bewertet am 4.11.2020

Building logos for myself and customers, Creating various types of art.

This is a beautifully put together piece of software with various features and applications. If you are a designer animator or even just a hobbyist. You can make anything graphic wise and paint as realistically a real brush!! Ai is a must-have for any serious designer

It can be a little hard to master although learning it is fun and rewarding in many ways. There are bugs and certain system errors but over its great

Margaret D.
  • Branche: Bau
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Illustrator, will illustrate your point

Bewertet am 17.2.2021

I really like illustrator because it allows me so much flexibility in saving my files with many well known and used formats industry wide. I like their templates for digital media. Over all I really like their product. Although I feel it is a bit on the pricey side I think there is still value for my money.

I like that whatever is in my imagination can be transferred to the format I require. Among other tasks I am the Brand Administrator for our company. I have to make sure that wherever we market our brand looks great. Our brand shows up in many places and on many platforms digital and paper. Illustrator makes is possible to integrate anywhere I need to be.

Every time there is a new release of software there are some major changes in where things are. Where my regularly used tools are often change or seem to disappear. They have started video tutorials to help me catch up but it seems I am constantly having to re learn techniques I already learned once.

Matt B.
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Top of the line for vector graphics

Bewertet am 9.2.2021

Allows to create print-ready files through Image Trace to vectorize them, the ability to utilize proper files when working with print companies for in-house orders.

Adobe Illustrator makes vector graphics and designing for scalable/print an ease. Specifically, this product has helped me to take the limited size graphics we have licensed from curriculum use and using the Image Trace feature ensure I am able to resource our areas with the best looking print-ready files that they need.

When working with text and logos for our ministry areas and special events, to be able to create where I can scale across multiple print mediums: from large sized banners, to t-shirts to video, allowing to create one file that can export to the correct format is beneficial and ease of use versus creating a mammoth file in a non-vector application.

Illustrator is so vast in its functionality it took me a bit to get the handle on things - I am grateful for their support articles when there are areas and functions I am still learning. There is a slightly high learning-curve when you want to move beyond the basics.

Christopher S.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Premium tool that for digital file creation

Bewertet am 20.1.2021

My overall experience with Adobe Illustrator has been overwhelmingly positive. I use the software every day for the commercial branch of my software business. It has made designing prototype and digital files very easy. Now I can truly concentrate on the design rather than the added burden of slow and inefficient software tools.

What I like most about this software is the large number of features and ease of use. I tried to make due with freeware for a while, but I often ran into the freeware lacking the features I needed. Adobe illustrator makes creating SVG's, PNG's, and other digital files easy.

What I liked least is the pricing model. The only way to get adobe illustrator is with a subscription. While it's great for staying up to date, the option to own a version of the software would be great. Unfortunately this seems to be the new way that software s being sold , so I can't really call it a deal breaker.

Davide C.

Standard Software

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

Every graphic process has been imported on Adobe Illustrator since I buy a Mac. Corel Draw Works until x11 version so I must choose a software is working with Os.
Adobe Illustrator was the choose and every single work com out from my advertising studio has been made with this software.

If you Know Illustrator, you are a graphic designer.
This software is the standard software for being a designer and everything was started from this software.
Easy to use, really complete and very powerful for vector design.

I've used Corel Draw for over 10 years and shortcuts are different, but if you know vector design elements, shapes combination, with Adobe illustrator is very easy.

Antonio M.

The best vector software

Bewertet am 22.1.2021

I used it to create small graphics that I then used on the websites we were making. We also used it to create icons for all the various publications we were publishing. It was a very straightforward and easy process. Adobe Illustrator is chock full of options and is pretty much the go-to software for vector illustration.

Everything about it worked like a charm. The entire Adobe package is great and is constantly being updated.

There is no affordable option to use this software. While competitors like Affinity Designer offer a much lower price, Adobe keeps their price up so high it is barely affordable. They also offer a monthly subscription which is not much better.

Fabiola S.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Not a designer but learnt to run it

Bewertet am 4.2.2021

Incredible. Never imagined that without being a designer I could managed to create great things

That for a non designer person it is really easy to learn. Everything is very clear and accessible to everyone.
The way I can edit whatever I want and convert it into anything I like or any format I need

That I hadn’t learnt it earlier in my life. In the past i struggle to convert images formats or to edit them, now it is just so easy and fast that I really love Illustrator

Kaustab D.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

The Best Vector Editing Software that Exists

Bewertet am 21.12.2020

Intuitive, feature rich and easy to learn.

I am comparatively new to Illustrator. I am still learning the ropes and have a long way to go. But so far, Illustrator has been genuinely intuitive, simple to learn, easy to operate. It enables me to create unique illustrations giving me the edge to when it comes to creating social media graphics and blog content.

The Adobe suit is a bit expensive. Other than that, nothing more to complain.

John G.
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A great product that has not adapted to the times.

Bewertet am 11.2.2021

For decades, Adobe Illustrator served me well. In the beginning, it was the best. But Corel Draw eventually eclipsed it in features and ease-of-use. But as the standard that I had learned to use well and had grown with, I still gravitated to AI, for most projects.

But two things happened almost simultaneously that moved me away from AI.

First, Adobe went exclusively to a subscription model, meaning that I would no longer OWN my software, if I upgraded. FYI, I'm still on CS6, which I OWN. I have not and will not rent software, because of the possibility of being locked out of my software at a critical time, when I need it most.

The second reason is the release of Affinity Designer/Photo, which are the first fully functional products aimed at replacing Illustrator and Photoshop. Designer does virtually everything that Illustrator can do, does it for a whole lot less money, and I OWN IT. The only thing I have found that Affinity products won't do (yet), is pattern overlays in fx. But I'm sure that will be coming soon.

I used to be an Adobe evangelist. But today, I have become an Affinity evangelist and I barely use my CS6 Adobe Suite that has been relegated to a VMware partition, with an old version of MacOS, that I only use for archive files.

Adobe Illustrator used to be the standard and well deserved. That is no longer the case and also well deserved. They are over-priced, considering that other equivalent products now exist for a fraction of the cost.

Adobe Illustrator was the standard for years, before there was competition in this market. Then, even after Corel Draw came along, which was a better (5-star) product, Adobe managed to remain the standard, by continuing to be at least a very good product (4-star). It seems that being the standard means you don't have to be the best, but you must be very good and Illustrator was just that - very good.

Several features in Adobe Illustrator were poorly implemented. Though there were more than a few such issues, one that comes to mind is the ease of placing an image within another object, when using Corel Draw, as compared to the convoluted steps to do the same thing in AI.

But Adobe Illustrator lost me as a user, when Adobe went to a subscription base. It's not an issue of money. I have been willing to pay large sums of money, for the full suite of Adobe graphic/photo design tools, including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and the now discontinued Flash (ActiveScript). My concern is that I can't afford to be told that I can't use my software now, because my fully paid-up subscription can't be confirmed on the server. That's exactly what could happen, if a hacker penetrated Adobe's license server and deleted or changed all the license files. Any number of other scenarios could have similar results. That's why I OWN my software.

Sure, a hacker could get into my system and cause damage. But I work behind two firewalls and I'm a very minor target for hackers. Adobe, by contrast, is so large that they're a prime target for hackers. They will be targeted by 10,000 hackers, before I'm attacked once. I'll take my chances with OWNED software on my system, rather than leave that security to a stranger, at a high-value target.

Besides, I can now to everything with Affinity Designer that I used to do with AI. It also costs less and I OWN it. Bye AI.

Josh B.
  • Untern. Größe: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Review of Adobe illustrator

Bewertet am 9.2.2021

The business problems I am solving with Adobe Illustrator are the ability to design for both digital assets as well as large format trade show collateral and I have benefitted from the seamless integration with other design tools.

Feature that I found to be most impactful is the seamless compatibility with the other design products that our large design team uses.
I would rate the ease of use of this product as easy to use however there is a learning curve to make use of advanced or new features that are routinely added.
The integration into existing business processes was totally seamless.

The only thing that could be improved is sometimes when creating pixel accurate web asset mockups you need to be mindful of actual pixel resolution vs artboard size.
The process that was difficult to use was when saving back to a legacy format some complexity of file can be lost however that is to be expected of any software.
The integration into existing business processes was not difficult because it is conveniently offered as part of our teams Creative Suite package.

Cleo H.

From Logos to House Plans

Bewertet am 4.12.2020

I was working at Adobe at the time Illustrator was being created and have used it continuously over the years. I use it to create overlays on maps for zoning projects, I have done detailed plans for a house that I built, I always use it for logos, posters, most projects where I want a lot of flexibility with laying things out.

The ability to create and control outline shapes. The fact that it has been in existence since the 80s and probably isn't going anywhere makes it worth learning. The things that do change or get added are mostly beneficial and logical additions. Tools like Pathfinder really work well. Masking works well once you get the gist of it. The pen tool is especially great if you know how bezier curves behave. I think they have added a lot of functionality over the years that I'm not even aware of since I never need it to do more.

There are a few nits and lice that have always bothered me but I honestly can't say that they don't have workarounds that I just haven't learned about. I wish there were a fast way to create an often used color palette. I end up making little squares on the page with the colors I want and using the dropper to grab them. The artboard is a little cumbersome until you get the hang of it. I often need to fit artwork to bounds (good for creating svg files that don't have weird empty origins). When you look for the Preset page size the dropdown starts with the setting you currently are on - it's not obvious that Fit To Artwork Bounds is above the dropdown list and you have to scroll up! Finding a tool palette can also be hard when you have a lot of them open. You can see that they are open in the windows list but if you select the item it will turn off the item. What would be nice is to somehow flash or bring to front an item so you can locate it. These are minor things but I have noticed them over the years.

Souhil S.

The Best Vector Based Design Software

Bewertet am 1.12.2020

I use Illustrator daily to create cool vector designs because I need the highest resolution to print them on a lot of things and with Illustrator I really get the things done and I'm always happy with the results.
I think Adobe Illustrator is the best Vector and Design software in the market right now and after using it for many years I never had any problems and I always get the work done.
Adobe is an amazing company, and I'm sure they will keep improving this software and adding some useful tools and features.

It's very easy to use, and you can create anything from scratch, you need just some designing or drawing knowledge, and you are good to go.
It comes with a lot of useful design tools, filters, and effects...etc.
I can create anything using Adobe Illustrator and the sky is the limit.
I can also, use it to create topography designs for many things (shirts, wall art, business cards, text)...etc.
I like adobe stock and the library of graphics, images, videos, and templates.
Also, the drawing app is great, and It allows me to draw on top of any picture using different elements and colors.
Fast rendering especially for the biggest resolution of 300 DPI.
I like the shortcuts and this gives us a fantastic option to save time doing our creative work on Adobe Illustrator.
It allows me to use my files saved in Dropbox without downloading them because I can browse them from Illustrator.
I can open many PDF files and use them as a vector and I can convert any picture/image to a vector with simple steps.
The best thing about Illustrator is you can use Photoshop files and InDesign files without any problem and you can edit them too with it.
Also, Creative Cloud is an amazing deal and you can get access to a lot of cool stuff.
Adobe website has a lot of free resources about how to use Adobe Illustrator and about everything related to design and creativity.

I would love to see the crop tool in Illustrator like in Photoshop.
They can add some Photoshop tools to Illustrator for example "remove background" tool.
But, after all, they are doing a great job and always I get a new version I really feel the change they made to the program.

Beris O.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

The best vector based program that I used

Bewertet am 11.11.2020

I use Adobe Illustrator presently to make and plan out online media content, print media, and web architecture. I am the main client, yet I am the one that the organization goes to with questions, demands, and so forth for ensuring that our substance is new, current, and present day looking.

As a designer you have loads of alternatives to Illustrator for creating 2D designs. But I can say for sure, that Illustrator is the easiest and best tool to use, it is very easy to get started and learn.

Dealing with .pdf records and different sorts of picture documents is really great. I see this accommodating when I'm chipping away at various distinctive document types, so similarity isn't typically an issue for me with Illustrator.

Illustrator offers very great similarity among itself and other Adobe programs, so I've discovered that to be an extraordinary thing when working inside the Adobe Suite.

It feels like Adobe items are made totally separately. Despite the fact that there are incredible preferences to utilizing these applications couple. They don't share console alternate ways, and there are different things that work one route in one program, yet work diversely in Illustrator.

Illustrator is mind boggling and has a staggeringly steep expectation to absorb information. I've been utilizing it throughout the previous 8 years or thereabouts, and I feel I've just started to expose what's underneath. Adobe does an OK occupation of giving instructional exercises, yet you need to search for them on the web, and still, at the end of the day, you may discover better instructional exercises on YouTube.

Faisal faruque R.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

The Best Tool For Every Graphical Needs

Bewertet am 31.10.2020

Everyone recommends Illustrator. I also started using this because one of my friends recommended this. I knew that this is professional-grade software. However, I was a bit scared about the usability. It's because I am just a content creator and marketer. Not a professional graphic designer.

I need a tool that will help me create graphics quickly and with ease. Illustrator is just like that. This I the go-to tool for every kind of digital creation. No matter whether I want a professional design for email marketing or just a simple design for my Facebook updates, it always gets me covered. This is the power of Illustrator.

I need to manage a lot of online presence. Since I am a freelancer and kind of a one-man army, I have to work on the go. I can run this tool on both my Windows tablet and Mac workstation. This is a huge benefit. I know some of you are scared about it. Believe me, it's not that tough. If you sincerely follow some tutorials you will be able to make basic designs without any problem.

There are a lot of features in this amazing piece of software. However, I don't have to use all of them. I just use basic features like editing a free to use vector file from the internet. Sometimes, I design covers and banners for my online businesses. Illustrator handles these very well. I liked Adobe's consistent design language in all of its software including Illustrator. One I learned illustrator and now all other Adobe software seems easy to me. Because I got familiar with their user interface. I like the power of its vector design feature. It helps me to design a graphic that doesn't rely on pixels and can be scaled to any size. This is the coolest feature of Adobe Illustrator. Custom fonts and different types of brushes are also great for creating modern and complex designs.

I don't hate anything about this software. However, the software is a bit heavy. I don't need all the features of Illustrator. This is why I need a lightweight PC version of it with the basic features. If the developer makes something like this it will be amazing. Another thing is the crashing problem. Sometimes it crashes on my old low powered laptop and this is frustrating.

Joshua D.
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus

Excellent Design Software

Bewertet am 27.9.2020

My overall experience is awesome, because I wil stil use it other than other creative programs. It has a great edge over others because you can create any type of art right from scratch.

I like teh fact that as a designer, i can create a multitude of art work with Adobe illustrator, ranging from video games, brand logos and promotional materials.
I like it because i can also use it for designs & topography such as business cards, clothing, billboards, artistic & stylistic illustrations.
It is integrated with Adobe creative cloud which makes it easier for sharing my art projects and creative assets.
I love its capability to create pixel-perfect designs, clear lines are automatically aligned to the grid.
I get access to over 90 million graphics, images and templates through Adobe Stock.
It makes me and other designers i know to start our artwork from fresh, clean pages and also easy to edit ready made artworks or templates.
Also like the option where i can convert my designs to PDF files and other types of image files, which i find very comfortable to work with any type of format my clients request for.
It offers great compatibility with othe Adobe programs like the Adobe Photoshop and Premiere.
No bounds to the creativity i can imagine to make as long as you know how to make use of the tools.

It takes a while to load each time I try to open up the application.
It also slows down other programs on my computer becuase its a massive program, especially when I have both Illustrator & Photoshop running at the time.
Sometimes the main colour paletes won't show in the upper taskbar which can be a pain when you have to figure out how to get it, especially for newbies.
The hotkeys are weird compared to other programs like photoshop, especially when you are trying to use hotkey to export.
Not really suitable for beginners, requires training to know how to use. Sometimes I had to use google to figure out where some certain tools are when I just started using the program.
Adobe lacks a full mobile verwsion of Illustrator, which would be very helpful & handy when working on mobile or on an ipad.
The most recent version interface is very annoying as I can't find tools where i expect to find them, including critical tools.

Shasta P.
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The most powerful vector art program there is.

Bewertet am 6.10.2020

I'd say my overall experience is very much love/hate. When I need it Adobe Illistrator is my knight in shininy amror, but throughout the general work grind it's too full of itself to be useful.

Adobe Illustrator is easily the most powerful and easily extenisable vector art program available.
Because of that when nothing else works you can usually always count on Adobe Illustrator to get the job done.

Due to the rather extmre learning cuve and often clunky interface compared to it's top compeitors for most general light weight tasks Adobe Illustrator is my last choice. Despite having years of experience with it the speed and ease that general daily tasks can be done in other vecotor applications is some times stunning.

Rob H.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

A powerful suite for Web Designers

Bewertet am 2.10.2020

After growing up with GIMP as my original mainstay when learning web design, I had the chance to use Illustrator at an internship around a decade ago. From there forwards, it's been my go to for designing SVG logo/image sets purely through the ease to export the SVGs for cross platform/device use.

As a full stack web developer, the tools that illustrator offer for creating Scalable Vector Graphics is unparalleled. With the importance of creating media that 'travels' well between both mobile and desktop environments, you'll be hard pressed to an offering that fits all circumstances with the ease that Illustrator offers. The joy of exporting your SVGs so simply to fit wherever you need them has been honed (or perhaps even owned) by years of Adobe's feature rich development and progressive enhancement. From Macromedia Shockwave with Flash forwarding to HTML 5 adoption, Adobe Illustrator has been at the forefront of web media design.

As with any design tool, there's always a learning curve. Though, that be said, with the sheer amount of online tutorials and videos, its truly quite hard to find fault with Adobe Illustrator... Once you've got the basics, the sky truly is the limit.... From moving from GIMP (a great free choice), to Illustrator, I'd definitely recommend the jump across the the Adobe camp.

Sandesh B.
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Fast and clear

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

I am currently using it from past 6 months and it has given me the best experience. It has also helped me to unlock new potential I had but could not discover it. My skills got better in terms of logo design and banner design which were so subtle and basic before I started using the Illustrator.

I would pay the price to use this software if it comes to logo design, banner making and vector art - because of the cool elements of it. I'm fascinated by the sharp clear clarity on the vector art produced by this software. Wow!

I love the way art is manipulated into vector graphics because it can be infinitely enlarged and there is unlimited flexibility to make banners, logos, brochures, mock-ups, visiting cards to name a few out of thousands to millions.

These allow Adobe Illustrator to be helpful for the vector art, hand-drawn paints, illustrations. I love the way the software is built - let me give an example - if I draw freehand on any sketch or an image, it traces in a clean and sharp path. Unlike in Photoshop, the path gets distorted.

Basically I am a mechanical engineer and the flexibility this software has in storing or exporting the work to AutoCAD .dwg format is most appreciable.

I love to work with this software for logo design, banner design, simple text illustration or typography illustration. As it produces vector art, the design or any work created from it is sharp, crisp and possesses amazing aesthetic qualities.

It is not like Adobe Photoshop which allows us to edit raster images to endless possibilities. It is harder for any beginner unless he/she knows the basics of Photoshop. One needs to understand the basics of graphics design to get hold of this software. The options are bit tough to understand and tools needs deeper understanding of graphic design.

I did not like the idea of storing the images, it is hard for any beginner to choose from several options with sub-options. Swatch panel colours gets disappeared and I should go to settings to arrange them back. Cannot trace an image properly using the artificial intelligence inside Illustrator.

Lance S.

Industry-standard Vectoring Software

Bewertet am 29.9.2020

For the experienced user, Adobe Illustrator is a seamless experience. Almost everything that you need is readily available. The community a quite large and the online resources are endless. There are other alternatives such as CorelDraw and Inkscape, but the workflow UI resources and support you get with Illustrator just makes is not worth to consider other apps.

Compatibility is the keyword here. Most (if not all) decent design agencies, boutiques, in-house teams, press/printers and even freelancers use Adobe Creative Cloud. If your team is doing serious design work, you'll never go wrong purchasing Adobe Illustrator (along with the rest of the suite). And now that it is available on a SaaS or subscription-based model, Adobe ensures that you get the most recent updated version of the software as long as you/your team is under one of their plans. This is actually a great thing when you consider that everybody else using the software are also using the same version that you have.

The subscription-based model is not for everyone. Some companies would prefer to have perpetual license for software purchases. This is os it always have been with the Adobe Creative Suite until CS6. When they moved from perpetual licenses to 'Cloud-based' subscription model a lot of the smaller agencies, boutiques and freelancers suddenly found it hard to have access to legitimate Adobe Creative software such as the Illustrator. A lot of users think that the burden of paying $20+ (single app) to $50+ (for the whole suite) per month is a little bit too expensive.

Jeffrey B.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Illustrator - the standard for graphic design

Bewertet am 24.9.2020

Overall my experience has been great. I definitely recommend AI if you are serious about design. It can handle any area of design and is a workhorse of a program - it is very flexible.

But with great flexibility, comes great complexity. So, therefore, even though I have a pretty good understanding of how to use Illustrator, there's still more for me to learn after many years. Not to mention they always add new features.

And I still have to take some time to creatively express exactly what I envision.

For this reason, I also use Affinity Designer on my Mac, alongside illustrator. The reason is, Affinity Designer is much more simple and certain tasks are quicker with Affinity.

However, anytime I need to do more complex stuff, such

The nice thing about Adobe Illustrator is you can do anything you want, as far as manipulating graphics and creating any digital artwork or illustration imaginable. It's so versatile in what you can do, that it also can seem very complex to the novice.

But if you stick with it and use it consistently or take some tutorials, once you learn the ins and outs of Adobe Illustrator, you begin to realize what it's capable of. I have used Inkscape and affinity designer and though I use affinity designer (due to the simplicity and quickness at some tasks), I always turn to Adobe Illustrator when I need to do more complex tasks.

I am old school, and typically like drawing by hand. The great thing about digital design is you can still get a tablet and draw by hand if you like. This is obvious to many people but some may not be aware or haven't made the jump over to trying a drawing tablet yet. If you haven't tried one and you love drawing with traditional media, you are going to love working with a tablet in Illustrator.

The biggest con I can think of is the learning curve. When first starting to use Adobe Illustrator is it can seem very complex. So when you're new, is a pretty big learning curve. With that said, I still am learning after 5+ years.

For this reason, I recommend taking some tutorials or classes to understand what illustrator is capable of and for learning what every tool does. Taking tutorials also gives you an insight into how to creatively use tools for different purposes.

I know when I first learned Illustrator. I had a good idea of what most tools did. But I just wasn't aware of the different use cases on how to creatively construct my artwork, actually using the tools. It was something that slowed me down, compared to just grabbing a pencil and paper and sketching out my vision.

But once you learn to use the different tools together, you start to get a flow going and you get quicker with time.

Samuel T.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Illustrator, a connection to the past. But what does the future hold?

Bewertet am 15.9.2020

Adobe Illustrator scores above average, much more because of its solid foundation than current features.

It is a program that, in a way, has stopped in time. (I still expect compatibility improvements)

It is a program that you must have, or at least give it a try. There are many possibilities, if your creativity allows it.

If you are a design professional or student, you should give preference to AI.

Writing about Illustrator is very passionate. One of the most important Pros of the program is its solid foundation, built over decades. Yes! Decades.

Therefore, the main resources of the illustration industry are here. Shapes, Fills, lines, vectors, compositions. Ease of basic understanding of features.

Learning curve, of the basic resources is fast. Numerous editing possibilities (the limit is your creation)
high degree of SVG compatibility.

These are, for me, the best reasons to use AI since 2011.

Against the grain, AI presents a high consumption of computer resources. RAM, VRAM, Processor, these are abundantly consumed by the program. The more you have, the more it will consume.

With the exception of the SVG format, any non-native format will have serious compatibility problems, causing constant breaks.

The learning curve for advanced items is complex and requires more effort than other programs in the same category.

However, in my opinion, the X of the question is: Is Adobe Illustrator the program of the future for vectors? or was he stuck in time and his Status Quo?

Mark B.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Steep steep learning curve, but you've got this

Bewertet am 9.9.2020

I think the previous two sections give you a good idea about my experience with Illustrator, but I can add that we would be lost without it in our toolbox. Making something that looks great and is able to be reproduced anywhere is crucial for us. Having the level of control you have in Illustrator is really unmatched. Cannot stress enough how important its role is in our agency's day to day work.

Basically, once you get the hang of Illustrator and its many many features, you can create anything you want. We use it for logos, transit ads, charts, you name it. One of the best newer features is the "Library" panel. This works with most all of Adobe products, and what it does is let you load up your fonts, logos, photos, type, etc. for each client you're working on and it's all right there for easy access all the time.

Granted, that's not enough to justify the high monthly cost to "subscribe" to illustrator, but it's one more thing they have added over the years that makes you understand why the price is higher than not.

One thing you can say for sure with Illustrator is you're going to get stuck at some point, too. The good news is there are built in tutorials you can refer to for guidance. Or just jump on YouTube where someone has probably figured it out.

Exporting to any file type you need is a breeze, and setting up multiple art boards in a file couldn't be easier. Once you're set, get to work and see what you can build.

If you're on a budget, this is not your friend. The Adobe Creative Cloud does offer a lot, but you pay for all of that, too. I can't say I dislike the learning curve because I've been working with Illustrator for years. That said, if you're new, prepare to have your patience tried and your frustration to rise. That's ok, this gets easier, I promise.

• Branche: Personalwesen
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

“It creates your imaginations visually on media”

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

when you look at the price, instantly you will exclaim ‘oh my gosh’. As I explained previously, there are nearly 100 million images available in adobe stock, over 12000 fonts in adobe fonts, plus all the other features to run wild with creative ideas. Who else offers so much? Therefore my opinion is a designer can always make designs that can claim a value if you are using the license of Illustrator. At the same time, with illustrator you need just a fraction of the time in doing your designs compared to some others which will keep you way behind. Illustrator is definitely for professional designers and as a professional designer, will need to use compatible hardware to get the best use of AI .

Ai is ideal for professional Vector graphic designers. After many years of studies with the inputs of designers around the globe, Adobe has developed Ai to create almost anything that comes into billions of creative (or weird) minds. Just about anything. Once you pass the learning curve which would take months and months with all that learning material available (which is quite reasonable), then you can make your dreams visible to you and others too. But still you will learn, as there are so many developments and updates take place continuously.
The Free form gradient, which is also a new addition, allows you to drop points of color which blends together to form rich color blends.

Adobe font integration lets you select thousands of fonts and use the most suitable fonts that goes with the project. You just dream what you need and you get it in Illustrator creative cloud.
With its three ‘snap to pixel’ options, it automatically aligns to the pixel grid the drawing, scaling and moving path and vector shapes.
With their massive stock of creative resources in graphics, templates, images etc which are close to 100 million in numbers and are organized in Adobe Stock, designers can access and easily design templates for various jobs saving time for additional work. The ‘True size view’ and ‘Trim size view’ features are added benefits for the User. Features of Illustrator are endless if you look at an artist’s point of view. It can put into reality all the dreams of a creative mind

I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to call a wiper ‘a wiper’. The bad side of AI is it can just wipe off all other competitors in just one Illustrator stroke.