Castor EDC Bewertungen

Castor EDC

Online-Datenerfassung für die medizinische Forschung.

4.6/5 (73 Bewertungen)
Lisa M.

High-quality, compliant and affordable EDC

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Very positive. It's a compliant, easy to use, intuitive system that is affordable.

After a quick initial learning curve the system is easy to build out without having someone on staff that is an IT expert. Our clinical study managers are able to build out each study with little to no help from Castor. The database is easy to use by both clinical sites and sponsors. The company continues to improve the features of the system and provide webcasts to review the changes and answer user questions. The value can't be beat. As an early-stage start up company we are happy to have found a high-quality compliant system we can afford.

The one feature we feel is lacking is the ability of an investigator to "batch approve" once they have reviewed the data. It is labor intensive to approve each study visit and each record generated. Other systems provide this ability and investigator's expect this from all systems.

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for the positive review and for outlining all the aspects of our system that we pride ourselves on!

We indeed offer regular webinars, help from our support team, and an extensive online manual with the aim that every user creates a database on their own in no time!

Bulk actions is a good point, definitely something we are working on (for records, reports, and surveys!). We are also doing a make-over of the entire navigation in Castor in order to improve the design and intuitiveness of the system and to make that learning curve even steeper!

Thank you for the 5 stars!

Robin K.
Mit Google übersetzen

A reliable database for all types of studies

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Dont let the cons bother you too much. Its a future proof software which every researcher should seriously consider using.

+ Ease of use, it didnt take long to master it.
+ Castor EDC is supported by many companies as a reliable partner.
+ Castor keeps updating its product and services in order to keep up with developments in research law and good clinical practice.
+ No more paper! (Or rather.. less paper)
+ The ability to create case report forms of measurement instruments for future use in other studies.
+ Large amount of options for all types of studies.

- The way the database is set up enforces the user to decide how he/she wants her data to be exported.
- The system is not really designed for a high amount of measurements per step. It leads to some lagg in inserting data and it will nog let you make entire steps missing when applicable -> meaning you have to tag every single item as missing which is not very efficient.
- The use of previously used/exported CRFs is still in development. For instance, only entire steps can be exported for future use though often steps contain multiple instruments or measurements.

Sjors K.
Mit Google übersetzen

Castor is an indispensable tool for clinical research!

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 21.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I used the platform for 5 international retrospective multi-center cohort studies and it was a great experience to see how researchers at all the participating centers interacted so easily with the software. Everyone loved it.

Castor is a GDPR compliant tool to capture and store baseline characteristics, patient surveys, and clinical outcomes. It's affordable, easy to set up and easy to use. What I love most about it is that it improves the study quality so much compared to traditional methods of data capturing. I also love all the automatic calculations (e.g. age from date of birth and procedure date) the system can perform. The ePro feature to send out surveys to patients directly is great!

The platform could be even better if it offered functionality to design/structure all variables, definitions, input value options, and calculations in Excel and upload it to Castor. This would make it so much easier to translate (parts) of existing databases to new projects. Also, I missed an option to directly export the database to STATA. Castor currently only supports CSV/Excel/SPSS. Otherwise, no cons.

Hi Sjors,

Thank you for your positive review! It's good to hear that you have used Castor for so many multicenter studies and that all users were happy with the platform. We hope you conduct many more successful studies in the future!

We actually have an internal method to transform existing 'Excel' databases into Castor and we do offer such transformations. Please get in touch and we can lead you through the process!

Bill H.
Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use and well designed

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 2.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are a small start-up company and the task of setting up our study fell on me, a person with absolutely no experience with EDC systems. After doing a little research we selected Castor EDC because it seemed easy to use and the price was right for us.

Castor EDC has been everything we've hoped it would be. It is easy to learn and set-up. Our study sites have liked it and found it very easy to use. It is feature complete doing everything we have wanted to do.

One concern we had was that the company has no US-based support and we are on the West coast. As such, getting support in real-time is really not an option. I was also concerned about possible language barriers. Those initial concerns have not materialized to be realities. On the three occasions I have required support, I have received it within 24 hours, via email. Each time the answer I received was complete and they addressed my question on the first response.

Overall, we are very satisfied.

I have two fairly nit picky issues:

1. Setting up user rights is a bit clunky. It is very flexible, which I love, but a bit clunky.
2. Dependencies and validations are limited to a single field and the logic is very limited. On the plus side, one can work around those limitations with hidden calculations.

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for you review. We are very happy to be able to help your business with such an important element of your journey towards getting Alibrex to market. I will be in touch soon for a personal introduction.

Please know, while not immediate, we do plan to redesign the validation and dependency builder. In the mean time, as you mentioned, multi-variate edit checks and dependencies can be scripted using calculation fields.

Derk Arts, MD PhD

Rosaline V.
Mit Google übersetzen

Castor EDC - user friendly, with lots of options and a great helpdesk

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Before they were using Castor EDC in this hospital, not everyone was working GCP-proof. With Castor EDC, they do. Benefits are that I can re-use some of the previously created eCRFs, which saves a lot of time and promotes standardization of databases.

The software is user friendly, and it is clear that (medical) researchers were involved in the development of the software - which is very convenient.
The software offers a lot of options, so users can design their own eCRF and databases.
The manual offer a lot of information if you do not know you to create something you have in mind. Moreover, the helpdesk is Always very quick in responding to your questions.
What I also appreciate is that Castor EDC is open for any suggestions for improvement.

I do miss some options that I appreciated a lot while working with other similar software (in other hospitals). However, a pro is that I have mentioned those to the helpdesk and either they responded that they will incorporate them in future, or put them on a whish list, or they provided me a kind of work around. Unfortunately, not all the options I appreciated in the other software will be incorporated.

Gabby H.

CASTOR for clinical studies

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

CASTOR incorporates everything that I wanted from an electronic data capture program, and is so easy to use that everyone can work with it.

CASTOR for me is the answer to electronic data capture. It is easy to use, you have full control, it is safe and data from several sources can be incorporated. Can be used by the investigator, monitor as well as the participant for answering the questionnaires. I also like the fact that the software keeps being developed and better features are added regulary. Communication is excellent.

The help section is sometimes a bit hard to work through. Also would like to have a printable version of the manual (esp. for instructions to people using the ready-made castor forms).

Dear Gabby,

Thanks for this great review! We pride ourselves on our platform's security, user-friendliness and multiple functionalities, as well as the responsiveness of our support team, so we are happy to hear that these are the highlights for you as a data manager!

We have recently migrated our entire knowledge base, have you checked it out? It can be found at https://helpdesk.castoredc.com. The searchability has improved significantly since! We have also added printable pdf manuals for data entry users, study admins and monitors. We hope these will be useful for you!

Thank you!

Anne-floor Q.

Castor Review

Bewertet am 1.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Very good! Since we use Castor our data quality has improved tremendously since our research staff (around the world) immediatly got familiar with Castor and found it much easier to use than the previous systems.

How fast we could get started as Castor is very user friendly. We could build some eCRFs ourselves, and the support provided for the parts we could not do ourselves was very fast, adequate and high quality.

Nothing so far. Some minor features that were not available were customly build for us when requested.

Hi Anne-Floor,
Thank you for your all-star review! It makes us extremely happy to hear that you have found Castor so easy to use and valuable for your study!
- Elena

Fleur K.
Mit Google übersetzen

Clear and user friendly database with many features

Bewertet am 25.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Castor has a good customers service who supports you when you encounter any difficulties and provides you with helpful tips/solutions.

It is easy for a non-experienced database builder to create your own database using Castor.
The database is easy to use for data-entry, monitoring and creating reports or surveys.
You can add a lot of users and adjust the rights for each of the users.
As an admin you have a clear overview on the progress of the study in all participating sites and you get a message every time a patient is included in the trial.

Sending out surveys is still a manual task, it would be great if by just entering the participants' email address, the surveys are sent automatically.

Hi Fleur,

Thanks for your 5 star review, we really appreciate it! With regards to sending surveys when you add the email address, have you looked at our automation engine?

That should hopefully make your life even easier!

All the best,

Derk Arts, MD PhD

Mike C.

Really Versatile and GDPR Compliant Data Storage Platform

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The ability to build our own research forms and surveys, quickly and in GDPR compliant way is a massive help for us as it has drastically reduced the cost of this and also the time it takes to get the forms built. It means we can do research faster and cheaper and with compliance headaches handled.

The support from Castor has been amazing. They are very quick to respond (even to stupid questions!) and gave us huge support before we signed up.

We literally have found tons of uses for Castor. The ability to build your own forms quickly and knowing the data is stored in a GDPR Compliant way is a HUGE help for us. Also the validation options in the fields are really good / ensure high level of data quality. And Also, The SPSS export function is really a great help too!

The Surveys do not work well on Mobile phones and most of our research participants would use them that way.

Hi Mike,

Great to hear that you have found so many uses of Castor and that you rate it with 5 stars on all aspects! Compliance and security, together with a helpful support team our some of our top priorities!

There have been some small improvements in the survey mobile experience, but we are aiming for a full mobile optimization with our coming redesigns. Stay tuned! :)

Best,
Elena

Alden V.
Mit Google übersetzen

Castor edc: the database to have

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Castor is continuosly growing, so i always look forward to the next upgrade.
My experience is very good. I have a good connection with a few employers at Castor and we help each other out.

very easy to understand and use.
you have an immediate layout overview when setting up the database.

some validations are not yet possible
some validations need multiple calculations which takes time to build

Dear Alden,

Thank you for reviewing Castor EDC and for being part of the Castor research community! We are happy to hear that you find the platform user-friendly!

As you probably know, calculation fields offer a wide range of validations you can do using multiple study variables. I understand this might take a bit of extra time which is why we intend to make complex data validations even easier in the future.

We also always look forward to our upgrades and to continuously delivering new features that help maximize the efficiency and impact of research done across the world!

Thanks,

Joshua P.

Review of Castor

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

- Ease of Programming. I don't have any programming experience, but I was able to build out the whole EDC database by myself, just watching the tutorial videos and explanations on the Castor website.
- Responsive Support. Mainly interacted with Customer Support leads, but as a whole was impressed that the support team took our issues seriously and followed through to conclusion.
- Low Price. Honestly, likely too low of a price for the value. Others in the field are something like 10x what you are charging, or far more.
- User Interface. I like the changes made recently. Really opens up the screen.

- Loading Time. This may be down to how I organized my Study with lots of repeated measures and a long architecture. But it takes a good 30-60 seconds to load up an individual Subject, and then 10 seconds or so to switch fields sometimes, most notably when I'm trying to dig through Reports.
- Single Dependencies. Likely it would overcomplicate the programming, but being able to have more than 1 Dependency for an item would be useful. Only in a small percentage of cases, so the vast majority a single Dependency was sufficient. A like-to-have, not a need-to-have.

7.0/10
Sharon G.

Best Value and Also Best Product

Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This software is intuitive to use. The company provides video training with all the ins and outs, even though you can work with it without the training.
In the past, I had issues with obtaining a calculation for a specific formula and the customer support was so helpful, truly. Responses were almost immediate and my issue was resolved. In addition, the use of records and reports are so helpful when building the CRFs.
This product includes EVERYTHING you can find in all of the competing products, including the regulatory requirements, but is so much less expensive that it is not even worth checking out the other companies. This is my go to platform for all of my clients' clinical trials.

Watching the videos... I just want to hop in.
I am writing this because I have to, honestly, there is nothing I don't like about this software.

Robyn R.

Beste Datamanagement System I'v worked with

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I really like Castor EDC. It is easy to build and has many features.
I use Castor EDC on a daily basis for my multicentre RCT.
It is easy that I an keep in touch with other centres through this system.
Futhermore, it is very easy to send out questionnaires.
The most positive thing about Castor is that you have all your data in one place.
Finally, Catsor has a very good customer service. If I have a problem, I get a respons in one hour. At the beginning we had some difficulties with our study, and Castor invited us to their main office to help us.

I hope in feature, Castor will be linked with EPIC.
Furthermore, I hope will be possible to sign Informed Consents in Castor.

Alden V.
Mit Google übersetzen

Castor EDC: growing and growing internationally

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy to use and understand. The manual provided is very extensive and answers practically all your answers.
Researchers themselves can create their own database without extensive software knowledge such as Oracle Clinical.
The helpdesk is also very swift in replying to one's questions.

The study part of Castor is not yet compatible with the screens of mobile phones and tablets. Hopefully soon.
The validations and dependencies could be extended to multiple fields to minimize the use of extra calculation fields.

Bee B.

Great Data Capturing Software for Research

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall we love Castor EDC. Great software, great team behind it and perfect for our research studies. :-)

The almost intuitive easy nature of the software.

The study ID numbering is a bit clunky. It would also be great to have study visit alarms / out of study visit window warnings.

Dear Bee,

Thank you for your review! We love that you love Castor and that you find the system (almost) intuitive :) With our coming redesign of the navigation in Castor, we hope to make it 100% intuitive!

This year we will also be working towards a better overview of old vs. new CRF versions, as well as a reporting dashboard that will provide you with better insight into the study progress.

Good luck further with your many research studies!

Cheers,

Brechtje H.

High-quality data collection

Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

What I like about Castor is that I can create a user-friendly database that will also create a user-friendly output, i.e. that I can already prepare the data as much as possible to make data analysis easier.

More possibilities regarding surveys would add even more value: automatic reminders to subjects to complete their survey, notifications if surveys have not been completed yet (in addition to the existing notifications that surveys have been completed).

Hi Brechtje,

Thank you for this review! We are working on automatic reminders, something that's been on the top of our list! Notifications for non-completion will be a next step afterwards.

Good luck further with your research in Castor!

Best,
Elena

M V.
Mit Google übersetzen

Nice program for clinical research

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy to use, customer friendly. Easily adjustable.

Sometimes Castor works too slow, so if i'm filling it in while seeing patients, it takes too long. Furthermore, some features do not work properly (like mark whole steps as missing, when the step is too large)

Hi M,

Thanks for leaving a review, good to hear you're mostly positive! :).

Slow downs of the system are usually a result of having a large amount of fields on a single step. We are currently implementing a warning message in our form builder to warn against adding more than 50 fields to a single step, hopefully that should prevent this issue in the future. If you think there's another cause for the slowness, please contact support when this occurs.

Thanks again!

Derk Arts

Gwendolyn V.

Castor, easy data management

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great experience. Especially as the support is quick and complete answering querries.

The most convenient thing about using Castor is that I do not have to send paper questionnaires and fill out all data manually. I created a survey and now my patients fill out the questions electronically. Subsequently the answers are converted to the nessecary data so I can perform my analyses.
Another pro is that I can provide others access to the database but monitor their actions and changes, and also provide limited access in case of multicenter trials, to limit the risk of errors creating new cases.

I cannot see which patients have fully been included or have finished the study. Although a progress bar is included now, some questions are not obligatory and are still counted for the study progress. But there is not much to dislike.

Yavanna V.

Review Castor from monitor perspective

Bewertet am 9.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Castor is very intuitive and easy to use. Per variable/step/phase I can verify the data. Also making queries is very nice, it has multiple steps in closing a query what makes it very clear.
What's also great is that gaining access to a database is very simple and easily arranged.

The audit trail cant be printed out, it can only be viewed online. But most of the times the audit trail is too massive anyway to print.

Francesca S.

The best EDC system I’ve ever used

Bewertet am 11.9.2019

I am very satisfied with Castor EDC

It’s very easy to create an eCRF and also to monitor studies. GCP compliance is also an important aspect

Probably the ePRO module; questionnaire scheduling can be improved

Olav V.

Positive experiences with Castor

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I can only recommend Castor since using it, it's easy, comprehensive and complete and has an excellent support staff.

Castor gives an easy to use, easily understandable online tool to set up and execute your research projects. Starting up is easy: just play with it! Don't be affraid to ruin anything, just try it. It give some excellent videos for your support in starting with Castor.

The helpdesk is very helpful: mails are responded to within the hour and issues are actually solved, even it takes quite some time (several days in my case).

If you want to set up calculations in Castor, you need knowledge of java. It would be a great benefit if this was made easier. With a little trial and error, you will get a long way, but it remains an issue. Despite the fact that Castor gives you quite good support on these calculations.

Really intuitive

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Really easy to use, very intuitive. In multicentre trials with lots of collaborators involved you need a software with those characteristics so that collaborators won't have problems. The online platform works really well and fast.

There are some things that need to be solved to save time, when giving access to collaborators, at least in trials with many users.

Hello,

Thank you for your positive review! The intuitiveness of the system is one of our top priorities, so we're happy that's your main feedback.

Regarding the study access, we do offer user management as an additional service for larger studies. Please contact us if this would be of interest for your future studies.

Shardule S.

Love this system!

Fantastic customer service
Affordable

On rare occasions, bit of a lag time moving from one page to next while filling in form. Nothing major.

Dear Shardule,

It's always a pleasure to see a 5-star review! Thank you for the nice words!

If you do experience lags again (definitely not the intention!), please contact our customer support, we can look together with you to see what might be causing it. As you know, we want to solve any issues you encounter! :)

Thanks again,

Alejandro G.
Mit Google übersetzen

Makes clinical research easier!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It has made easier to carry on a prospective registry.

It helps you to have everything in order.

You can't print the information in a structured format.

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for your super positive review! Making clinical research faster and smarter for all researchers is what we want to achieve!

I'm not entirely sure I understand the printing structure comment. Could you contact us so we can clarify how the printing can be improved? I will then add this request to our feature requests list. We use this user feedback as input for product development, so we love hearing your thoughts on what can be improved!

Thanks again,

Castor Spain Review

3 studies performed
Last with 650 researched and 145 centers: no problems; it’s great

Easy to use, very intuitive, powerful, agile, fast and accurate online support

There are NO cons in my experience in this moment

Hi there,

Thank you for your 5-star review and the nice words! No cons is always good to hear :) We wish you success with your current and future big multicenter studies!