Dialpad Erfahrungen

Steven
Steven
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

End-all for hosted phone / fax

Bewertet am 19.11.2018

Overall, it's the most progressive VOIP option with the most current and cutting edge features. It's also less expensive than the competition. I won't switch to another provider for the forseeable future.

Dialpad is one of the newest VOIP providers and feels that way- their design and feature set always seem to be a couple steps ahead of their competition. They pushed the softphone-forward model from launch, making deskphones a less preferred option. They integrate messaging fairly well into the app, and include all their features at one pricing tier instead of nickel and diming for upgrades.

The app is upgraded at least weekly with tweaks or new features.

The interface still needs a little work; it's hard to tell when new text messages come in and there's no way to filter/sort/search in an efficient manner. Same goes for voicemails. The internal contact directory is helpful but not able to be "managed" in terms of combining dupes or bulk editing.

Mai
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

State of the ART Phone System!

Bewertet am 15.12.2020

It provided us with the ability to text and send pictures from any of our users. It is also nice to know that when we experience power outages, we can still use the mobile app to make and receive phone calls.

I like the call recording features where it records incoming and outgoing alot. It also has the ability for you to be able to see who, what, and when user that communicated with the callers. The communication for the mobile app matches with what is on the desktop and brower app. So if any of our team ever calls in sick, we can still see who spoke to the caller last.

I do wish there were more permission settings to add a user (employee) in the field and only allow them to make outgoing or incoming phone calls. Also, I think pricing should be less for a user who is out in the field who only needs limited functions.

RingEX

Warum Dialpad gewählt wurde

These different programs and systems were limited in there features and functionalities. Very basic.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Dialpad

The user interface was easy to use. The pricing was within our budget. The live chat feature for support makes it easy to ask for help.
  • Branche: Versicherung

There are better, less expensive and more usable VOIP Solutions

Bewertet am 10.1.2022

If you have no issues, they are easy to deal with. For the most part, technical support was available. And there are some very good people to help you through utilizing the software. But they are pricey compared to other phone services, they charge you for lines you don't use and make it very obtuse to remove them yourself. And for a company of our size, there is no active management or contact after you get started except invoices. I have been billed for lines I did not use because I paid by bill a year in advance and they would not remove or refund anything for an unneeded line. If you have a number that is not being used, you are charged $1/month for each line and invoiced monthly. After paying thousands for this service, you would think they could handle that better. But that seems not to be so. They just want every penny they can squeeze out of you. If you have an issue on the accounting side, they are dunces. They don't try to understand your questions. They don't provide good answers. It is very frustrating.

The phone system and software are adequate for daily use. It has a nice team chat/messaging function. In most senses I would considers its functionality and features to be average.

Administering the system is a pain. It is simple to set-up and if you want to add new lines, it's easy. But if you need to delete a number or stop paying for extra lines, it is a pain and an involved process. To use the system without incurring excessive billing, you need a full time or at the very least an active phone administrator.

Enrico
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

My Experience With Dialpad

Bewertet am 15.2.2024

With Dialpad, managing business calls has been easy thanks to features such as call recording, call tracking and VoIP.
The business phone system features are very capable and using this tool is easy
It also comes with sales enablement features.

It has so many helpful features and so far Dialpad hasn't posed major challenges.

Joseph
  • Branche: Lagerung

Very easy to use!

Bewertet am 24.7.2020

The cross-platform compatibility and ease of use. If I've missed a call and/or have a voice mail from my wired connection I can review and listen from any mobile device using the Dialpad app. Also the voice-to-text feature is convenient for those times that you don't have the option to listen to a voice mail.

I am happy with this product. If I could change only one thing it would be the voice-to-text feature regarding voice mail messages. The accuracy could be improved some, but this feature on most voice-to-text services are about the same for accuracy.

Garrett
Garrett
  • Branche: Luxusgüter & Schmuck
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

They will hold you hostage.

Bewertet am 14.4.2023

Be very cautious when entering into an agreement with Dialpad. Dialpad has a great product. However, they will hold you hostage should you want to make any changes to your account. We have doubled the number of users but our price has gone up more than 10x what we were originally paying in 2020. They are charging us for things we don't want, don't need. They keep telling us they will downgrade and then they don't. They literally will not respond to you for months. We have been going back and forth for 9 months on this.

Ethics. The people on our account have been not wonderfully helpful.

Ian
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great interface but could improve integrations

Bewertet am 30.7.2020

It is a great tool for handling calls and texts, but the lack of integrations may end up becoming a dealbreaker as we consolidate and streamline our tools if we can find something that will better integrate with Front.

The interface is very user friendly and easy to learn. Great feed of recorded calls and texts to see communication history with contacts.

Number one biggest issue is that text messages cannot integrate into Front to be handled there. Better Front integration for that specifically and in general would be a game changer for us. Would be great if names would update in Dialpad for the contact center from the Hubspot integration as well. Finally, it also often defaults to personal contacts over contact center contacts, which can make team collaboration more difficult.

RingCentral Contact Center

Warum Dialpad gewählt wurde

Grasshopper's features were not up to large team collaboration.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Grasshopper

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Dialpad

The startup discount was a big factor for us.
Katie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great service, just a few things that are hard to find

Bewertet am 15.12.2020

It was a huge upgrade from Google Voice and I've been happy overall.

It was a huge upgrade from Google Voice and I've been happy overall.

I really like the sound quality of the phone call. The department and contacts are easy to access too. I really like that a text can be marked unread, and that calls and voicemails are transcribed as well as recorded. Images are easy to send as well. The round robin call rotation is great.

It's difficult to mark a voicemail unread. Often there is a delay when a call begins. I can't drag text into the message to copy, or highlight and drag phone numbers and text out of Dialpad to copy to accounts. Video is very small when sent through Dialpad.

Bryan
  • Branche: Hausmeisterservice

Onboarding/Migrating

Bewertet am 30.7.2020

Onboarding was smooth. We transitioned from Mitel with 60 lines. Because the porting was so smooth, I was thanked for how well it went. We are so thankful to be out of Mitel services and into one system.

Mobile/Desk/Web-app allows me to switch between device seamlessly without the caller knowing.
The call transcriptions and recording is great to review calls. I really like the Google integration as well.

I would like the API to provide call transcripts with Zapier. This will allow me to create a webhook I can then pass to my CRM to create a case if needed.

Sometimes my mobile app on Android when my screen is locked and the device rings through Dialpad the app hides. I have to unlock the phone and by then the caller hangs up.

RingEX und Zoom Workplace

Warum Dialpad gewählt wurde

We had too many moving parts and needed vendor support.

Integration and features.
Dysiree
Dysiree
  • Branche: Immobilien

Dial Pad Versus Other Phone System

Bewertet am 31.5.2019

My experience was great, basically it does the job we need so I am satisfied with that. But to be more advanced, the system needs more improvement and I hope they could make it more user-friendly​.

If you are looking for a ​cheaper phone service, that does the job of catering your customer's, this might be the one for you. Way cheaper than Ring Central and The Customer​ Service is Up top, but SOMETIMES not so easy to get in touch with especially​ on weekends. However, I highly recommend​ their service as they are very fair to their users, For instance, when we were still getting used to the system,​ we have 4 phone lines that were reserved and we weren't aware that it was being billed, but the customer service steeped in and refunded the cost of the unused lines RIGHT AWAY, they are easy to negotiate with.

The Software is basic, but not that very user-friendly compared to ring central. We've been using Ring Central for a few years before we shifted to Dial Pad.
Recordings are not easily located, when you try searching the phone number on the call logs, it will just give you the activity and the only way for you to turn on the recording is to manually​ turn it on while on a phone call, there must be some other ways, but for people who are not so techy and just wanted to use the phone service solely, it would be quiet a challenge figuring how to set this in automatic mode. Dial Pad also Offers Transcription, this means that all Voicemails left on your phone numbers we're automatically transcribed, however,​ it is not accurate but it does the job.
Integrations with dialpad to your customized database​MIGHT be possible​ but at a higher cost and you may need to get a quote with their Sales Department.

Graham
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

AVOID!!! THESE GUYS ARE VERGING ON SCAMMING HIDING BEHIND SMALLPRINT

Bewertet am 19.2.2024

VERY POOR - DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE. I SUSPECT THEY ARE FACING FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES HENCE THESE VERY CUSTOMER HOSTILE TERMS

Interface is slick compared to the previous product we used

We started with 20 licenses and as our business grew we increased to 50. Now our business isnt as big and we're trying to reduce licenses back down to 20 and they continue to charge for 50 - I genuinely thought this was a mistake but NO! They legit think its ok to state that I can only reduce user count at contract renewal in 3 years! These terms were buried in the smallprint and their customer support is useless. Our supposed account manager just avoids us, the original sales person that neglected to tell us this very important detail has left the company. I am basically having thousands of dollars stolen from me by these absolute rogues - this is verging on criminal

Liam
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Solid, easy to use, easy to administer platform

Bewertet am 18.8.2020

Dialpad is a solid platform that is very easy to set up and configure, and relatively cost effective, in relation to other platforms on the market. Our only complaint is the reliability of Dialpad. It's not a huge issue, but even if one call drops a week, it's annoying.

We are a software start up with less than 25 employees, of which 12 have Dialpad accounts. We have fairly basic needs, in the sense that each user needs a direct number to place and receive calls/texts, and for those same users to take calls from 'shared' phone numbers, such as support, and sales.

The administrative features of Dialpad are easy to learn, use, configure, without having to spend hours self educating on a knowledge base, or through trial and error. This includes functions such as:

- Creating new users.
- Configuring phone lines (like sales or support) with voicemails, call routing, IVR.

1 - Desktop app reliability (Mac)

I've found the Desktop top app to be consistently inconsistent, in the quality of calls, and general usability. I've used Dialpad for 3 years, and always have the newest Mac & software updates. For example, sometimes I will answer a call, and the person cannot hear me. This is even more frustrating in cases where I've been waiting on hold for a long time, only to be connected, and for the other person to not be able to hear me. Every time, if I restart Dialpad, the issue resolves itself. Again, I've tried multiple headsets/audio settings over the years, and the same issues occur.

2 - Mobile app

You can configure Dialpad so that when you receive a call, your cellphone rings (either using your cellular number, or over VOIP, if connected to the internet). I've again found the reliability of these features to be inconsistent. Sometimes I will answer on my mobile, and the call will drop. Other times, I'll answer on my Desktop app, and my mobile device will keep ringing.

3 - Pricing

I feel that Dialpad's pricing is in line with other providers, but I do feel that providers across the board have prices set too high, with no option to add 'light users'. For example, we have certain employees that we want to be able to take a call or two a week, or infrequently place outbound calls. We cannot justify paying for a full license for them. If we could add free, or heavily subsidized 'light' users, I believe that overall, our usage and adoption of Dia

• Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Promising service BUT...

Bewertet am 23.7.2018

Mobile communications for a small business. Call recording. Conference calls.

Mobile communications for a small business. Call recording. Conference calls.

In fairness to the "But/Cons" that I will mention, this is the second business that I've used Dialpad for. I've loved the flexibility of the service! Apps for all big platforms, and it has been fairly reliable for VOIP. I love their call recording and uberconference is decent although it would be SO helpful to be able to share videos better.

There are some features that a business would expect to have. The ability to delete a license or to migrate a user... or to view messages from an employee. Why wouldn't an admin have access to this? THis is a business service not for personal calls!!! I had a huge issue with an user threatening to sue & harm me and was contacting my clients and badmouthing my business. Dialpad said that I would need a court order to view those communications!!! WHAT? I'm paying for the service! It's MY account!

I had a desperate need to see what damage that he was causing and Dialpad wasn't there for me and likely won't be there for you either! Also, they would take a full day to respond to a support message allowing him to do further damage as I waited and waited. I could delete him, but then all messages/evidence would have been lost. I practically begged Dialpad to call me and they said that my plan didn't include phone support. I would have thought that Dialpad hearing that their service was being used to threaten people would have caused Dialpad to take greater measures to help their customer. Even when they tried to help they caused technical glitches and delays that allowed the user to delete almost all of his messages to hide his behavior so I still have little idea what kind of damage the he caused to me. When the account was finally assigned to a new user I asked to speak to a manager and the never heard back from my requests. Serious flaws here!!!

Tyler
  • Branche: Automotive

An Amazing Softphone System

Bewertet am 10.2.2020

We switched from a standard phone system, not even VOIP, to this and has helped tremendously. It helped handle and port calls to the right department, fend off solicitations and auto spam callers. We can transfer calls, have a funny hold tune, and more features that are being released as time goes on that brings us and our customers value.

Easy.
Helps cut down on spam calls when auto attendant is set up.
Decent integration with Google.
It has Uberconfernece, which has cool features for a group call.
You can set up departments that are multiple user ringing lines. Easy to setup.
Easy and fast editing if you have alternative hours of operation a certain week.
Recordings and Voicemails can be saved to your google drive!
Reporting shows a lot that helps visualize what you're dealing with.
Contacts can be auto-imported into your Google Contacts list.
Notifications on missed calls and voicemails.
You can turn on when you're in business, so that phone calls go straight to voicemail after a greeting after hours.

Sometimes has issues with dropping calls sometimes.
Sometimes can be a hassle if your headphone system isn't set up on the first call of the day, whether user error or settings getting mixed around automatically.

Joshua
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Day 1 and we had to drop them

Bewertet am 19.3.2022

Horrible. They were very helpful during the sales process but the second we actually tried to use it, we realized how horrible it truly was. Now we have to port to a new service.

We liked that it gave the option to integrate with Clio

The first day we had to submit three support tickets because nothing was working properly

Within the first hour of having our number ported we noticed we couldn't get call routing activated to forward all calls to our answering service so the three employees of our firm had to man the phones while Dialpad figured out what to do

Then we noticed all the problems with the text messages. It doesn't organize the messages by threads (like it does on your phone or any other messaging service). Instead it just shows all your individual messages which was a clustered mess. Also if you were the last person to send a message then you have no way of knowing who the text conversation is with unless you click on the text (It shows your name instead of your contact's name because you sent the last message). Finally, none of our contact's names were popping up on the messages, just their phone numbers. Even when we had contacts synced and knew for a fact that number had an assigned contact, we still weren't seeing people's names on the messages tab. BUT THE WORST THING OF ALL WAS THE DAMN DEFAULT DIALPAD NUMBER. We ported over our business line and that was set as the default lines for outbound calls which was perfect. But for God knows what reason, Dialpad won't let you set a main line as the default line for outbound text messages. The only way you can text from your main line is by manually changing it every time you want to send a text.

Finally, the customer service blowsssss

Shade
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

best service for telemarketing

Bewertet am 28.9.2020

it's the best choice for home offce and works great with large teams

it's the best choice for home offce and works great with large teams

this software is very easy to use and also allows the user to have access everywhere they are with their laptop or PC unlike other apps that can only be used in the office, so it was a great prek during the pandemic time with home office

download and the process to run the software was very slow, but the contcat ceter replied very fast and helped us make the transition easy

3CX

to have access remotly

Zuvor genutzte Software

3CX
DYLAN
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The amount of times I hear "Dialpad is so bad" in a week

Bewertet am 7.6.2019

I hate it more than any other product I have ever used. There are at least another dozen people I work with that feel the same way. How is it possible that the phone was invented in 1876 and in 2019, I have about a 50% chance of my call failing.

I really don't know if I have anything positive to say about Dialpad. I've used the product for a long time and I'm blown away that my organization still uses this product. Maybe it's inexpensive?

Ok here's my list:
- The application is always getting confused between your salesforce plugin and desktop application
- The Salesforce app is unreliable
- The desktop app is unreliable
- When I hit dial there is like a 30% chance I won't get audio in my headset even though the call is clearly happening
- If I unplug my computer from my headset and plug it back in without closing the reopening the application it will likely not work
- If you want to frustrate your sales org.... buy Dialpad
- people call me and it's hard to even tell that you got a missed call or a VM
- The contact info doesn't show-up even if the contact is listed in SalesForce

Dan
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Executed a Licensing Agreement then Immediately Broke Contract

Bewertet am 14.2.2020

The general idea behind the software is good.

We have been using dialpad for around a year now. The software itself is clunky but generally gets the job done, albeit after significant time tweaking everything. We have four desk phones that mostly work, but most features you would expect in a desk phone don't work with Dialpad.

What really makes the software unusable is the support behind it. We applied to their latest "startup" offering and got accepted. After a week of back and forth, their general counsel wrote up our license agreement, and we both signed.

The day after the contract was executed we got a random email saying they would not honor it and that the multiple employees who dealt with us were not properly trained to extend such an offer. We complained that we already had a contract signed by their general counsel, but they don't seem to care. Our costs will be around $350 more a month than under the contract they are breaking.

Now we are in the process of moving to a different provider after having spent many hours configuring everything to their system. Worse, the IP phones Dialpad supports don't seem to be easily configurable to other similar companies.

I would recommend against Dialpad. The software is a great idea with terrible implementation and misleading 'support'.

Chris
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

meeting our needs

Bewertet am 30.7.2020

Overall, I love the product. The ability to create dept's to assist in monitoring other employees has been exceptionally useful. Whether during vacation times or transitioning of new employees, being able to see, field and maintain calls that may have otherwise sat in voicemail helps to keep us up to date with all of our clients.

While our needs our basically simple, reliable phone service, the ability to text, the ability to review and save phone transcripts, uberconference have all proven to be very useful to us. Dialpad everywhere is excellent. It is great to have access across all my devices.

Hard to say least about any of it. Adaptability with Amazon Alexa has proven difficult, but not overly important to us at this time. I still am not certain of the benefit of integrating MS Teams as opposed to running it separate and independent.

Colin
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Lacking in customer support and basic functionality

Bewertet am 5.10.2023

Relatively easy to set up and manage. Call quality seems to be good for the most part.

Customer support is not responsive and our Account Manager and the [sensitive content hidden] , have been less than helpful. Call center functionality is not good. Texting back and forth to customers from shared lines is very difficult.

Michael
Michael
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Dialpad is great

Bewertet am 30.7.2020

Dialpad is amazing and the integrations with other software make it the best VOIP system for my firm.

I love how this software allows me to transfer from my computer to my mobile phone seamlessly.

Sometimes the calls drop when transferring from data to cellular on active calls.

• Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Dialpad a great alternative to legacy phone system for your business

Bewertet am 23.12.2021

Dialpad has been great for our small business. Less expense then traditional land line. Also, easy to use with desktop application.

Dialpad has been easy to use and we have not had issues resulting in lost calls. You can load the program and make calls from any computer or mobile phone.

The thing that I have to deal with from time to time is selecting the speaker. This is more of a user issue but it would nice to be able to better select the input I would like to use.

• Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

From good to bad and the ransom techniques they use

Bewertet am 19.12.2022

Terrible support, borderline mafia style sales techniques, terms changing constantly even if you are a customer paying over 50K a year or more... terrible company built of top of twilio.

At the beginning, years ago, we went all in with this. we thought it was refreshing good solution compared to all the other players.

They will hold you ransom once you use them at scale. They will force you to pay for licenses you do not need, misrepresent contracts and make it as difficult as possible to get out of their grip. The software absolutely will let you down. Do not use for anything that requires reliable communication in your company.

Mike
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, deploy and manage

Bewertet am 21.8.2020

Dialpad talk gives us calls and texting in one platform. Before we would have to use two different solutions and now we can do it all in the same place.

I like how easy it is to set up a call center, make edits, and create agents. Teams can manage their own call centers etc without the need to wait for someone else's help.

Coaching Center is also a great tool for the sales training teams to use to help the sales agents

I wish there was a little more indepth integration with CRM's (salesforce for example) to do data dips into the database and route calls based on how that information is found. It would also be helpful if their voice intelligence solution had a way to block out sensitive information in calls (credit card numbers for example).

Jonelle
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Dialpad is Dialing into a Positive Review!!!

Bewertet am 20.12.2023

It is fantastic that even our agents who are new to the software adapt quickly and can navigate easily. Dialpad has made our campaign deliver a higher level of service. The whole team appreciates being able to call out from the mobile app.

If you are in the Call center industry and looking for a simple yet multifunctional call app then look no further Dialpad is the right fit for you. It has all the features you need Call recording, call monitoring, call history, and texting, the list goes on.

Its a bit on the expensive side but you do get your monies worth.