Smartsheet

Kundenservices antwortet nicht

Bewertet am 11.10.2021

Kundenservice reagiert nicht.

Projektmanagement, Möglichkeit der Organisation im Team

Kundenservice reagiert nicht mehr. Wir haben bezahlt und Smartsheet hat einen falschen Account freigeschaltet. Wir haben darum gebeten, unseren alten Teamaccount wieder freizuschalten. Dafür haben wir auch die Account ID an Smartsheet übermittelt. Leider reagiert Smartsheet darauf nicht. Also bezahlen wir derzeit für einen Account, den wir weder benötigen noch nutzen.

Google Workspace

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Smartsheet

Smartsheet wurde uns von einem Kooperationspartner empfohlen.
Mohamed E.

The best workflow Automated tool

Bewertet am 29.11.2021

Overall experience with smartsheet is amazing it saves alot of time for me and my team as now there are specific users responsible for submitting sales tickets for new vendors and once they make it an automated mail send to the reviewers for reviewing and once they finish it another automated mail send to the Manager for approval and after final approval there's mail sent to all partners in the ticket having the approval of this request or rejection and reason of approval or rejection, all of this is done automatically with recorded workflow which is amazing tool

The amazing features in smart sheet are many but we can say that automated mails for specific un completed tasks and the workflow for creating automatic mails send to specific users that tasks had assigned to them automatically is fantastic, as no need to see the new tasks and assign it manually, once the ticket created it will be assigned by default according to the workflow ro the specified mentioned users

I consider Smart sheet one of the best tools in last 2 years which related to ticketing and analytical purposes however if the data in the sheet increased this may lead to hanging and taking too much time in reloading however it needs high internet connection speed for stability and good performance

Google Analytics 360

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Smartsheet

Smartsheet having good cost and can be integrated to company software beside the customer support of smartsheet if there's any sudden issue and finally smartsheet having some features like work flow and automation process which showed easily in the interface and not complicated so any of the team can start doing his own workflow process
Whit B.
  • Industry: Hochschulbildung
  • Company size: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good, if you have the resources to get started

Bewertet am 6.12.2021

We use Smartsheets as a way to connect our small team and manage projects while many of us are virtual. We loved the features so much that we continued to use the system well after we returned to the office. We create project tracking spreadsheets with milestones and deadlines where we can assign each other tasks. If any of us were trained in Project Management, we could probably get quite aa bit more about of the software but being a small team, we only have the capacity to scratch the surface.

Smartsheets is a really straightforward Project Management software that is easy to use and helpful in tracking projects and assigning tasks. The spreadsheet-based tracking works like excel with added views and features that allow you to manage projects across a team with ease. I love the calendar views and the ability to prioritize and set deadlines.

We are a small team without a dedicated project manager and had to set everything up ourselves. This was fine for very simple project tracking and the templates are helpful, but it got very complicated when trying to customize the templates.

monday.com und Trello

Warum Smartsheet gewählt wurde

We wanted something with more tracking and reporting features. Smartsheets was not the only option out there but it met our needs and our budget.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Trello

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Smartsheet

For the simplicity of the UX. The spreadsheet-based project tracking was familiar and simple to implement. We loved the additional capabilities but may have overestimated our capacity to implement them.
John M.
  • Industry: Verbraucherdienste
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Decent Software for Project Tracking

Bewertet am 10.12.2021

The best way to sum it up is to say that once you have a project manager who is familiar with using this software, it can be a nice tool to use. However, inexperienced users will slow you down. It can be cumbersome to share and open in weekly meetings for example. So, don't plan on having too many hands in the updating process.

This software gives you a very nice visual snapshot of the progress your team has made in various phases of projects.

The software is not as user-friendly as we would like. And, sharing can sometimes be cumbersome.

Omar O.
  • Industry: Essen & Trinken

Smartsheets for everyday management

Bewertet am 21.10.2021

To me, the best combination of the ease of use and familiarity of a spreadsheet with the complexity of a project management tool. Very satisfied

The tool is more than a project management tool. I use it to manage my department's budget, collaborate with internal and external team members. I like that I can access it from anywhere I am

Could use some of the more advanced functionality like automatically keeping track of KPIs such as Earned Value, schedule variance, etc. I would like it if I could "play" with effort vs duration without affecting the main baseline until I am ready and obviously, I would like to keep history of baseline changes

Clarity Software, monday.com und Wrike

Warum Smartsheet gewählt wurde

Looking for something affordable, cloud-based that would allow us to collaborate and manage projects in one single repository

Zuvor genutzte Software

Microsoft Project und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Smartsheet

The right balance of cost, ease of use, and functionality
Pamela D.
  • Industry: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

I've used Smartsheet for many projects over the years

Bewertet am 10.12.2021

I use Smartsheet to track my projects using the Agile paradigm and I love it for that. I have also used Smartsheet to track expenses, create customer feedback forms and the like. When I am on a consulting gig like I am currently, I find this helps me stand up an Agile PM solution quickly, where there may not already be one in place at my client's business. Smartsheet is a great solution for me when engaging with small business clients who may not have an Agile platform already in place.

I love all of the templates that are available for free, which makes getting up and running with project tracking very fast and easy. I have used both sets of Agile project management templates, as well as some of the GANTT-based templates. All are very easy to use. I especially like that the Agile templates allow you to switch between card view and list view so you can get a more true Kanban experience.

I also like the many integrations, especially with Gmail.

They also have a very generous 30-day trial period, which in my experience is more than enough to evaluate everything Smartsheet has to offer.

One of the Agile template sets is a bit clumsy in that there seem to be two Backlogs -- there aren't, but the Backlog does appear where I would expect it to be out-of-the-box, in card view, so I had to rework the template a bit to get it the way I wanted. This doesn't really have to do with the Smartsheet platform itself however, just a little bit of an inconvenience but nothing more.

Google Sheets

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Smartsheet

Smartsheet makes it super easy to stand up an Agile project management solution quickly. This is a critical capability for me as I do BA/PM consulting with small-medium-sized businesses that may or may not have a solution of their own already in place.
  • Company size: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Flexible tool for many needs

Bewertet am 19.1.2022

We used smartsheet for two main purposes, one was creating and sharing project schedules and assigning task owners. The other was sharing out content for review and proofing. It is easy to store documents on a task and have comments back and forth.

Smartsheet is very flexible and can be used for a variety of needs. It is what it says - a spreadsheet on steroids with several additional capabilities you won't find in Excel or Google Sheets. The Gantt chart for scheduling is great for visualizing and sharing milestones with teams.

The adoption can be hard for new users. There are so many features that it can be overwhelming for the "casual" user.

Microsoft Excel und Google Sheets

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Smartsheet

The additional capabilities for attaching documents, tagging owners, and creating Gantt charts was a key differentiator.
  • Industry: Maschinerie
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Smartsheet - Honest Review

Bewertet am 22.12.2021

I would say I'm close to being a top tier user. I have created databases populated through Zapier and Zoho forms that automate our time logs and project management. Having all the data in one software has made it possible to generate powerful analytics that target key aspects of our project management which drive an increase in our efficiency. This enables us to stay ahead of the competition and deliver products of the highest quality with the shortest lead times.

Smartsheet's best feature is it's customizability. If you can think of a way to manipulate data that would benefit your project management, you can do it. The possibilities are endless.

Smartsheet has a fairly steep learning curve. Older generations tend to have difficulty understanding software because they cannot reason through programs. They can only follow specific paths. This makes it an ideal tool for millennials. Even with a flexible thought process, it takes a considerable amount of time to learn the correct syntax, naming conventions, and use of compound functions. However, if you put in the work and learn how to utilize the software to it's full potential, you can really benefit from powerful automation and analytics.

Easy Projects und Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Smartsheet

Smartsheet had more functionality than Excel with column formulas, cross sheet data manipulation, and cell types. Easy Projects was too structurally ridged to create a system that perfectly conformed to all our needs with no emphasis on automation of data entry.
Jim M.
  • Industry: Logistik & Lieferkette

Smartsheet for Project Management

Bewertet am 18.1.2022

We use it to manage all projects that report into a TMO (Transformation Management Office)

Collaborative; several users can be in the same Smartsheet unlike alternatives such as MS Project.

I had to create my own training materials, but Smartsheet has significant information available in Smartsheet Unviversity.

monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Smartsheet

Used free trial to determine the application of software to meet our business requirements
Bilal A.
  • Industry: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Company size: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Real time tracking of multiple dashboards.

Bewertet am 29.12.2021

My overall experience has been excellent with this tool.

The feature I like the most about this tool is live tracking of reports and dashboards set up with in the tool.

Limitation of cell size and implementation of mathematical formulas.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A bit clunky, but solid

Bewertet am 29.11.2021

it allows for multiple people to access the same data in logical ways, with a strong audit trail as necessary for our line of work

the search is Slow and a bit Janky, making it hard sometimes to find the appropriate row / document we are looking for

Paul W.
  • Industry: Telekommunikation
  • Company size: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Take the Giant Step Up from Excel!

Bewertet am 14.10.2021

It significantly improved and increased our efficiency and effectiveness in order and project management. This is our second year of our subscripition and we don't see any reason to change to anything else for what we have to do.

Many are using MS Excel to track projects and orders... If this is your world, then you have to try out Smartsheet! Excel like User Interface that does a whole lot more. Schedule reminders, automate tasks, work flow, and the list goes on... and yet, the with the straightforward simplicity of a familiar EXCEL like environment. Other Project Management tools are great, but for those of us that like the EXCEL look and feel, you will find Smartsheet super easy to adopt and you will love the awesome features it provides. Smartsheet also regularly sends out tips on how to improve your processes and ideas on how to use it in many other ways.

When compared to some of the other solutions like Trello, BaseCamp or Asana, Smartsheet may not be as 'flexible' since it adheres to an Excel like user interface. Maybe this is because of my lack of knowledge in all aspects of Smartsheet's features? Overall, there's not much I don't like about Smartsheet for the way me and my team has to use it.

Basecamp, Trello und Asana

Warum Smartsheet gewählt wurde

Most of our team members were using Excel and the familar user interface ensured a high adoption rate versus the other PM tools.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Smartsheet

We love the user interface that is similar to Excel and knew more of our team members would embrace Smartsheet because of this.
Michael B.
  • Industry: Bildungsmanagement
  • Company size: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

SmartSheet is a robust cloud-based project management system

Bewertet am 29.9.2021

We have been able to bring huge teams together with so much more ease by using SmartSheet. People of all skill sets can leverage the tracking tools available, making it easy for any PM to track their project(s).

Easy to integrate, just log in and go. It's so easy that anyone can use the system - not much training is required. SmartSheet's online community of job aids, training items, etc. is fantastic and robust - and gets you through every issue from small to advanced, if needed - and if not, you can reach out to a wonderful support team. This product brings together all your team members, especially in this remote Covid-19 world. You'll love using SmartSheet - it's SO much better than desktop-based PM solutions.

There is a learning curve due to the fact there are slight differences in using SmartSheet vs. what you might be used to already. But, that's really it - there are some things it just can't do - and other things that require a lot of setup and tweaking - but they're worth it - if you have the right project for it!

Kevin w N.

Smartsheet Viepoint from Power Excel User

Bewertet am 29.9.2021

Overall experience has been terrific for project management and collaboration.

Love workflow capabilities, automations, ability to designate column types, column types that allow multiple selections (not available in Excel data validation), collaboration, ability to immediately see cell changes, ability to track cell changes via cell history.

Lack of worksheet tabbing often means sheets have way too many columns than I prefer (makes navigation unwieldy). I use the product a lot to track descriptive/narrative changes to cells; while it's easy to see a cell that has been changed based on an update request, and the history of the before and after, it would be very beneficial to be able to see the changes in change-tracking mode like Word such that edits are more readily visible. While I like the ability to designate columns by type, for example a checkbox column, there are times when I'd like to be able to designate only a range of cells in a column as a certain type, then be able to use a different type in the rest of the column.

Shannon Y.
  • Industry: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Smartsheet is like Excel & PowerPoint had a child

Bewertet am 23.9.2021

Smartsheet is a great option for middle of the road users that don't need the powerhouse complexity of excel, but need more standardization and features to organize tasks than simple task management like Trello. Its user friendly and has the capability to move data from one team to another through automations, reports, messaging, and data display. The more users, the data, or the moving parts the more difficult Smartsheet is to use, but in my experience most people don't run into those complexities.

Smartsheet is new compared to a lot of other project management software and they're developing new features all the time. In some ways this is wonderful because they take customer feedback seriously and implement changes relatively quickly. However, I feel that it doesn't quite know what its going to be yet and there are limitations around data display that require time consuming work arounds or out of the box thinking. For example. I can aggregate data into a report but I can't display portions of a report on a dashboard in a chart. There are pivot table add ons that are not as simple as say an excel pivot so I essentially have to make my own pivot using formulas to chart data. It works, but its round-about and features that might improve this process are extra.

Erika M.
  • Company size: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

I chose this and love it

Bewertet am 3.9.2021

The ability to share sheets and collaborate is absolutely essential between myself and my teams. I like that all of the Smartsheets that I have access to can be organized into folders for easy retrieval and love the ability to pin sheets or go to the most recently accessed to be able to easily find the one I'm looking for. They also often introduce new features, which is great. Also, the automation tools, like the ability to notify someone when a row or field changes, is absolutely key with the way we do business to ensure that everyone is always on the same page.

This is nit-picky, but I do not like setting up rules for a sheet, and then the email that is sent to people looks like it is sent from "me." I would rather have the email come from Smartsheet instead my email address because in many cases I set up the rules for others and it appears that I am emailing them about it but that is not the case.

Derek W.
  • Industry: Bau

Smartsheet: The only reason I have time for vacation

Bewertet am 24.8.2021

We have solved a plethora of project schedule tracking needs, paired with a system to house our files and notes with a meaningful and useful structure. I use Smartsheet for a 1000 different reasons, and hope that new tools and features keep getting added to my toolbox.

My favorite tool in Smartsheet would have to be a combination use of automated reminders, overdue milestone reports, assigning staff to tasks, and running detailed reports to check on my team's current progress. Paired with cross sheet cell linking, index/match where needed, and Datamesh when running large scale reporting when conditional formatting may be needed is a bundle of brilliance. Simply a great batch of tools for the job.

No file renaming option. Limited sheet summary report functionality. Limited batch update tools to revise and align current project sheets. Lack of permission settings without additional purchased feature packages.

Microsoft Project

Warum Smartsheet gewählt wurde

After reviewing the functionality of Smartsheet and the tools it had to offer, we quickly realized that we were missing out on this toolset and Smartsheet could automate the repetitive tasks that our humans were completing. Now we have freed up the extra time needed to allow our current staff to problem solve, rather than spending the day stuck in repetitional tasks.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Smartsheet

MS Project simply does not have all of the tools needed for success. Smartsheet captures all of the vital points that MSP has to offer and pairs it with real time linking and much more.
Jonathan B.
  • Industry: Bau
  • Company size: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Smartsheet for Homebuilding company

Bewertet am 24.8.2021

Customer service is really amazing.

I love the ability to create tasks and basically create as many filters as I want/need. The new dashboard feature is really nice.

I use it for our design requests, precon schedule and we are currently working on using it in our construction schedule. Some slight bugs and limitations but overall working well.

The calendar apps is just awful. Don't recommend using it. Very limited ability.

I wish they would just make tweak the calendar view slightly. Need the ability to show multi columns on calendar date. Also would be nice to display calendar view on a dashboard without publishing it. That on works horribly on the mobile version. We have a lot of field guys and the mobile version is not the best for viewing stuff.

Nick A.
  • Industry: Möbel
  • Company size: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A flexible tool only limited by your imagination and ability with formulae

Bewertet am 16.7.2021

Smartsheet has been transformational for our business. As a small bespoke kitchen manufacturer (21 staff) we have some industry specific software for design and quoting, but most out of the box ERP software doesn't fit. We don't have an IT department so anything we use needs to be robust, and my background in programming has enabled us to implement some nifty systems using Smartsheet, but without the hassle of actually writing and then maintaining our own programs. Excel just doesn't compare, and is not cloud native so just doesn't work so well even in Office 365. We genuinely cannot live without it.

Cloud based - available everywhere to everyone
Flexibility - it's not only a project management tool, it can do most things that Excel can do, but often better. Specifically column formulae are a fantastic recent addition that enables sheets to become almost unbreakable

Nothing major. There are some minor gripes:
- Slack integration doesn't allow tagging of individuals, and cannot allow a variable to determine which channel to send the message to
- Cannot yet control heirarchy with formulae, I hope this function will come eventually

Megan C.
  • Industry: Versicherung

Critical in daily management

Bewertet am 9.7.2021

I absolutely love the software and the company. The system meets our needs and is flexible when we need to make adjustments. While the cost is fairly high to start up, annually it is worth the cost, as it streamlines our processes and allows us to be more efficient.

This is the tool we use every day, every hour, to track all of our enrollments and clients. Our team monitors enrollments and other CRM tools don't give us the flexibility to track multiple events and data points. It's Excel but on steroids with multiple functions and features. We're using it more and more every day for reporting up to our management team on progress for our client events.

I'm not so good at the formulaic side of things and making sheets talk to each other, or building a dashboard, is not an intuitive process. There are not step by step instructions or visuals which is something I need personally. It's a lot of trial and error in getting things set up. When I first started, it was very expensive to work with someone who helped build the infrastructure base and looking back there are many things I'd have done differently if I'd understood it a little better. A lot of the consultation time was wasted in trying to get the person to understand what we were trying to achieve.

Michaela F.
  • Industry: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Company size: Selbstständig

The Software That Helps Me Create

Bewertet am 7.7.2021

I use Smartsheet for a wide variety of projects that are so different in nature it's stunning it can all be done on one platform. I have one sheet for a list of plants I want to buy for my garden, complete with growing conditions and pictures. It does miracles as I stand in a gardening store wondering about the right varieties. I have another for managing my freelance work, budgets, timelines, tasks. Another sheet is a massive collection of ideas for my video channel and blog posts. Then there is the sheet with information about art prints and products I sell - sizes, prices, thumnails. I also organized my husband's secret Birthday party using a contact-based Smartsheet shared with accomplices. We went to our favorite town for "a trip" just to keep meeting over twenty friends from 4 countries who secretly arrived as well. Oh, and did I say that I'm writing a book using a Smartsheet? An unlikely use, given that it's not a text editor, but my chapter segments are short and the key is in organizing them into the right sequence, so, they ended up as cells in a spreadsheet too. The way Smartsheet allows me to attach files, images, notes and comments but still keep it all on the same line is fantastic. It helps me think. The was a mind map opens our brain to possibilities and ideas, Smartsheet nails them down. I use it every time I need to get a sense of structure and organization. It's become my go-to tool for making stuff happen.

I don't like the fact that I can't easily copy and paste cells from Excel. I don't like to import entire files. Sometimes I just need a section of a sheet to be added. Even if the paste wouldn't be perfect, it should be possible to paste from an Excel sheet or a simple text document where each line would appear in the next row.

Megan B.
  • Industry: Medizinische Geräte
  • Company size: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Really great product from a really great company

Bewertet am 30.6.2021

Smartsheet has been a really great company to work with overall. The customer service team is absolutely wonderful. They're super attentive and very knowledgeable. The training resources that Smartsheet provides are also exceptional. Any time I'm trying to figure out something new, it's very easy to find training materials on how to do it and they're very clear and easy to follow. We've been able to make a huge improvement in how we organize and communicate a lot of our work in our department specifically and across the business because of Smartsheet.

I love how easy it is to collaborate and share information with Smartsheet. With the different permission levels and how easy it was to get our whole company set up with Smartsheet, it has made so much of our project work so much easier and has enabled us to keep all relevant teams, and even just interested parties, up to speed on all that we have going on.

The one feature that I do wish would be added would be a visual timeline feature like MSP has. A lot of times our executive management team would like to see a simplified timeline with key milestones, but in order to do that with Smartsheet, we have to transfer things into PPT Timeline, which isn't impossible, it's just an added step that is a little inconvenient.

Jason B.
  • Industry: Staatsverwaltung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Smartsheet 2 Year Review

Bewertet am 30.6.2021

Overall this has been a great program to use. With constrained budgets to work with, this offers tremendous bang for the buck. It is not very difficult for savvy users to become highly proficient with this product and develop organic business solutions.

This product has revolutionized the way I manage my team. I am able to use Smartsheet to track many different projects and annual work goals for my team. My staff appreciate the increased autonomy Smartsheet has brought to us. Their goals and metrics are clear and they feel more ownership over their work. Other teams have started to use Smartsheet for their own business purposes and this is making its way through the organization.

Some of the drawbacks about Smartsheet that makes it hard for our Data and Development Analysts to implement include the inability to paste a large number of rows into a grid. Our IT requirements also include having a test and development environment for the analysts to use and Smartsheet doesn't seem to have this. As a supervisor I would also appreciate it if the dashboard charts could be a little more Smart and pull data more dynamically from the source grids without me having to make manual adjustments. My colleagues would also like to see more ability to schedule blocks of time with the calendar integration like we do with Google Calendar. There is a workaround for this, but it isn't palatable for everyone.

Renee W.
  • Industry: Immobilien
  • Company size: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Smartsheet for the win

Bewertet am 30.6.2021

The initial setup of some of my Smartsheets was cumbersome and time consuming. HOWEVER, it was well worth it. Now that I know how to navigate around, it does not take as long to get a Smartsheet up and running. I enjoy setting up new Smartsheet projects and teaching others how to use or navigate around the project. I literally learn something new everyday.

Because I use this software on a daily basis, I need to be able to navigate around fairly quickly. For the most part, I am able to do this. When I do have a question or can't figure out how to do something, the search function either in the Solution Center or a search in Google often produce great results. And if if doesn't, customer service is superb and I am able to get pretty close to an immediate response or help.

I do like how I can create a Dashboard that can house any type of information from links to other Smartsheets, forms, other websites, the list is endless. It helps bring projects and/or information together in one area that is easy to navigate through.

Although I know this isn't excel, I do wish it had more functionality like excel. With that said, the more I use this program, the more I do love it and am able to maneuver my way around easier.

Candace G.
  • Industry: Personalwesen
  • Company size: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for project management

Bewertet am 22.6.2021

Collaboration during projects is key to our business. Smartsheet has helped us centralise our project documentation into one central repository and ensure that we have artifacts for each project we complete.

My company uses Smartsheet to manage projects. We are a software implementation consulting service working with clients (remotely) and collaboration and instant updates to shared project plans, action items lists and contact information is important to ensure the successful management and completion of a project. The reports and widget functions make dashboard reporting easier and more efficient. The ability to export to Excel or Microsoft Projects means that we can collaborate easily with clients who use other tools within their organisation.

The notification functionality is great as well, whether it's getting notified of a change on a sheet, or notified that something has been assigned to you.

I would like to be able to copy directly from Smartsheet into Word, PowerPoint or Outlook (in table format) rather than having to copy into Excel, then copying from Excel to another program to get a table. It's a small thing, but frustrating when all you want to do is copy a portion of a project plan or action list into an email and it comes out as text instead of formatted as a table. :-(

I would also like to be able to display the Gantt chart in different formats for use in presentations and documentation. The standard Gantt chart view is fine, but it would be nice to be able to change colours, font or even the width of the bars to make it more appealing in presentations.