Rentec Direct Erfahrungen

Rentec Direct

4,6 (185)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Softwarelösung für die komplette Immobilienverwaltung.

Sortieren nach

Andrew
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Rentec Direct great value for the price and functionality

Bewertet am 18.4.2017

I am a small startup (still getting my systems in place and don't have any other owners yet) in Montana. I researched Rentec Direct, Buildium, Rent Manager and Appfolio. One of my main concerns was taking on a monthly financial commitment when so young as a company. When all was said and done, I really appreciated that RD was created by a property manager who saw a need for this niche in 2007. The sales rep admitted that their first client is an owner-operator, not a property manager, but said they have made quite a few improvements toward serving the professional PM as well. It has been relatively easy to learn.

I also like that the software comes with a tenant and owner login. How these components perform is yet to be seen, but I suspect it will work well.

I also like that I did not have to commit for one year (Rent Manager, Appfolio) and that the price point was very reasonable with no extra charges for this or that and a very easy-to-understand pricing equation.

Reasonable price for a small startup, easy to learn, good accounting piece, website is included, customer service is very responsive to inquiries.

On-line application limited to 5 custom fields, included website could use a bit more functionality, nothing more at this time.

Michelle
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and Easy

Bewertet am 12.9.2018

If it wasn't so much work and if payments from tenants processed quicker, I would switch back. I preferred the ease and simplicity of Rentec over AppFolio which I am using now.

Very user friendly
No learning curve
Reports are easy to read
Information is formatted in a way that most would understand
Price is great and this is good for those with only a couple rentals or if you have 100's

When I used this product, it didn't offer all the bells and whistles that others did like an app for your phone
The ACH process was too slow when I used it and it could take too many days to get money and send money

Antwort von Rentec Direct

We appreciate you singing our praises, Michelle, and letting us know what was important to you. Back in 2017, we increased transaction processing speeds, rolled out mobile apps and a whole host of other slick features. We're always working to on new ways to to help our clients be more efficient. Wishing you great success!

Brandon
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not very user friendly software

Bewertet am 12.10.2017

I have recommended this software to someone, but that was before I found Buildium.

Colorful buttons lead you along. Lots of options to enter contact information, ie address, phone number and email. Nice to be able to email work orders directly to the vendors.

Really have to think about how to get back to where you were before and just getting around in general does not flow well.

Tracey
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great program! Needs some work but all in all a great program!

Bewertet am 16.3.2018

Some of the things that need work are:
Docusign - it needs to be where we can assign signature...

Some of the things that need work are:
Docusign - it needs to be where we can assign signature fields for the tenant so they know where to sign.
Reconciling - It needs to be a little less confusing when reconciling the ACH transactions. it would also be better if you could sort out the transactions by check number/ACH or by date.
Scrolling - when you go into a tenants account to make changes the page scrolls back to the top when you come out. It needs to stay where you went into the tenants account so that if you are making multiple changes in an account you dont have to search for it again when you make the first change.
Owner disbursements - It would be great if the program would automatically send an email to the owners when an owner disbursement is made.

It makes life a lot easier in the rental managing world. This program helps keep up with tenant payments and owner disbursements.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Hi Tracey, We appreciate your kind comments about the software and wanted to respond to a couple of the challenges you mentioned. With our Docusign integration you are able to add signature fields for tenants from the drop-down fields list in the upper right when editing a form, it is part of the core functionality. A good solution for the scrolling issue you mention is to use the date range selector in the upper-left of the ledger. Your date range will be saved between page views so you will return to exactly where you left off. For owner disbursements, an auto email is a great idea and we'll definitely add it to our feature recommendations list. Again, thank you for the feedback. We will have one of our client success reps reach out in the next couple hours to help with any of these items.

Robert

Best Value and Easy To Use

Bewertet am 16.3.2019

Best value for the price and easy enough for the average person to get up and running.

I love the affordability of the software and the ease of use. I also like the ability to communicate and text the tenants through the portal and track them. Another great feature is the owner portal. Ny owner absolutely loves the easy access and variety of reports available as does her accountant.

Just a little difficult in the beginning setting up and getting the ACH approved for the payment of my owners. Another drawback was that the platform does not sync with my bank management account even though it says it can. I have to manually reconcile.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Thanks for the kind words, Robert! Related to your bank Sync issue - some banks actually require separate passwords for sync functionality, and some banks even charge a fee for that tool (Rentec does not). Possibly this is the issue? There is also another option for downloading your transactions from your bank that could speed things up for you. Click here for more information: https://support.rentecdirect.com/knowledgebase/articles/281736-bank-synchronization-download-bank-transactions

William
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

As a property owner/manager with multiple rentals, we simply could not manage without...

Bewertet am 15.2.2018

Our sincere thanks to the entire staff at RentecDirect. You've made our job of mananging properties so simple.

It is clear that their support staff is worth the price of admission alone. When requests have been made, their staff takes them seriously and they constantly add requested features to their software when it makes sense and has an impact on everyone who uses it.

RentecDirect gives us a clear accounting of our properties and our tenants. With intuitive drill-down features, you can easily track and locate tenant's important information in seconds. You can also store important property information as well, such as door key codes. Besides giving you an accurate accounting of everything financial, RentecDirect has thought out every aspect of property management and delivers a package which simplifies the process and gives us a one-click report for our annual taxes.

Patti

Rentec Direct Review

Bewertet am 29.8.2019

Love this software for small companies just starting out! So far I believe we selected the right software.

Ease of use and allows us to do every thing we need to manage our properties effectively from rent collection, maintenance, application validation, marketing, reporting and more! The customer service is excellent!

The right click to get to menu items was tough without a mouse but now it is seamless.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

We're happy you joined the Rentec Direct family, Patti, and that you're enjoying all your tools. Wishing you great success!

Casey
  • Branche: Gewerbeimmobilien

Terrific software, outstanding customer service!

Bewertet am 22.7.2016

I had done an obscene amount of research on software options for my small landlord operation (18 units so far) since I was outgrowing the excel spreadsheets that had at one point kept me somewhat organized. Honestly, I thought my mind was made up on Buildium, but once I did an overview with Kathryn over the phone, I was hooked. I told her exactly what I wanted from the software and where my trouble spots were with my current "system", and she walked me through the very features that Rentec Direct would provide.

I got a free 30 day trial to play around with the system and within a week, I had made my decision. I also looked at Simplifyem along with Buildium and Rentec won hands down for the features and the price. Since then, I have had a million questions, and all of them were answered within minutes either through email or over the phone (I am kind of a Luddite and need a lot of hand-holding...) Thank the heavens for Kathryn-- the most patient person in the world. The customer service is beyond phenomenal, people.

I wish that when filing out a work order, it could be an SMS notification, rather than just an email.

Gus
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A boon for both my company AND my landlords. Takes some of the headaches out of a headache...

Bewertet am 17.8.2018

Was fortuitous finding this program! Everyone (underscore that) is professional, courteous even friendly. Especially appreciate their executive, as she never makes me feel like a dope. Even when my question warrants it!

Clean, easy, efficient ... and forgiving. It is easy to set-up new owners, properties and tenants. And just as easy to process rents, invoices, etc.

Some of the suggestions in the knowledge base sound like good ideas. And what about a property manager portal, or app?

Lisa Ann
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Customer Service ever!!!! Great Product.

Bewertet am 13.6.2017

I shopped around for different software. We decided on this because it was affordable and seemed to be compatible for my size company. Their customer service is the best hands down. They are quick to respond and patient. They also implemented a new Chat service which is fantastic!

It streamlines so many things for me. There is a bit of a learning curve as with anything but you have their total support to get you through it. Whether it be email, phone, chat or their knowledge base.

Each state handles some things differently and so in some situations I have to manually do things and it can't be automatically set up.

Gregory
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Rentech mostly behaves the way you would expect the software to behave and is functional.

Bewertet am 18.6.2017

Ease of use and I went through my first accounting review with the results

Ease of use and I went through my first accounting review with the results

It was relatively easy to learn and behave the way you expected it to. It was easy to find the controls for changing what little you could change in the functionality.
The reports are what you expect them to be, income/expense, income, expense.
The rent-roll was reasonable.
Everything is exportable.
The bank accounts acted like bank accounts and were thus easy to understand.
Entering the data didn't take an excessive number of steps

Going from one screen to another sometimes took an excessive amount of time. Some archiving of data locally to the users browser would probably enhance the user experience significantly.
Use of an input worksheet for income and expenses would make these tasks much more effective and efficient.

Krystal

Almost all inclusive

Bewertet am 26.7.2017

Quick attention when I needed assistance.

Quick attention when I needed assistance.

I like that navigation is by way of drop down windows. This easy for me since it is like other software I use.

When linking the inspection app, z inspector, I found out that they are going to charge me monthly fees. I wish this function was part of your system.

January
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Amazing Software Package

Bewertet am 21.4.2020

We just recently selected Rentec Direct for our rental company management software selection. Rentec has been wonderful to work with from the initial point of contact regarding software questions prior to our subscription and as we continued to move forward with the set up and use of the software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Rentec has been very prompt to reply and provided very informative assistance and training so that we can begin use of the software. We initially were in search of a company that could allow us the ability to perform credit and background searches on prospective tenants. We ended up with a program that offered much more! It has the ability to assist with complete leasing management from the application stages to collections of rent, and report tracking and management features. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been on stand by to assist with all steps of Rentec features as we progress with our use of the software. This is our first apartment building to own and manage the leases of the property and Rentec will be an amazing asset to ensure its success.

The many features that Rentec has bundled into one package making the management of our apartment leasing streamlined and easy.
Excellent customer service and hands on training!

At this time we have no dislikes with the software.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Great to hear your positive feedback, January! We love hearing from new clients. Just know we'll be here for you for the long haul. :)

Wendy

Great Software

Bewertet am 16.1.2018

Program is very easy to use. I used quickbooks for my rental property accounting and then a combination of paper, Word and Excel to keep track of everyone.With 50 units, I really needed something to keep better track of my tenants. It takes a while to get everything set up, but once you do everything works together seamlessly. I now only need to enter things once and not use multiple systems. The customer service is Amazing!! When I have questions they email me back within a couple of hours and have the answers I need. I haven't moved my website to Rentec yet, but I plan to soon.

Haven't really found anything that I don't like yet. The only thing I would change would be the deposit slips. I don't like that they don't print each check individually on them, just the total amount of deposit.

Deb

Awesome Inexpensive Product

Bewertet am 1.9.2016

After purchasing my second two unit, I decided I needed a program to keep track of everything and started searching online for something to use. Rentec Direct was free to use, so I tried it. It is an awesome program! I have too many units for the free program, however, I have no problem paying to use it as it is that good. What I like best is that Rentec Direct continues to make changes resulting in a better product.

My only suggestion is that under the payment type drop down window, direct deposit needs to be added.

Brian

Great Product

Bewertet am 7.10.2016

I love using this software to manage our properties. Super intuitive and quite robust. They seem to be constantly adding features too! I especially like the tenant portal and automatic reminder notices. Credit card and ACH processing is very convenient for tenants which helps keeps things current. The customer support is fabulous. They are extremely knowledgeable and always quick to respond to questions. I especially love that the software is in the cloud, so support can look up our account in real time, and fix any issues.

Super easy to use. lots of tools to communicate directly with tenants. Reporting is great.

I wish there was easier mobile access. It's a little hard to use the messaging feature on a phone. It would be great if there was a way to add additional email addresses and mobile phone numbers so I could communicate with multiple tenants within the same unit.

Scott
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Rentec Review

Bewertet am 14.1.2020

Very Good

Very Good

Basically most everything. Software is great and very comprehensive. The support is very good as well.

The only thing I have run into that has been an issue is that when I generate a report, then select to send that report via the email icon to an email address, I do not have any record showing I sent that to the address. No copy of that email anywhere in Rentec. I can check a box to copy the mail to myself when I send it, but when I get it, it does not show it sent to the other email address, just to me. Rentec support suggested I send the copy of the report out of my own mail account so I have the record. I can do that, but it is more time consuming.
Not a big deal, but just wanted to give you the feedback.

Antwort von Rentec Direct

Hey Scott! Thanks for your feedback! We sure appreciate knowing how your program is working well for you and what you'd like to see enhanced. I'll make sure our development team is in the loop. In the meantime, have you tried sending out a report to a vendor, tenant or Property Owner directly through their email folder? If you do, those emails are currently captured in the master log and the individual log.

Reach out to us if you ever need help!

Eugene
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Time consuming & geared for others

Bewertet am 20.6.2017

I was really hoping for more. I am somewhat satisfied so far, but the software could use updates more rapidly than the current course for its age. The people are very friendly & helpful, but the software is what it is.

Everything in one place (almost)
Landlord & Tenant portals
Easy to share info with other coworkers
Summary page is the best thing going!

Hard to master
Accounting can be confusing
No budgeting available
Not cost effective to sign up multiple bank accounts if you run multiple clients with single family homes separately
Some items don't make sense - i.e. property manager info has to be associated with marketing, rather than a general inquiry line, which we use for all properties, regardless of manager
Finding the right page can take a few clicks sometimes

Greg
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Couldn't ask for a better solution for our business.

Bewertet am 14.11.2016

I'm consistently impressed with Rentec Direct's support and products. When we signed up it was to just do one tenant screen, but we found out they also have a complete software solution for managing our portfolio of properties. I used to use Quickbooks but after using Rentec's accounting tools for just a week I was sold because Rentec is so much easier.

The other things that I really liked about this company is they tell it like it is. Their pricing is straight forward and they don't hide anything with hidden fees. Every time I contact their support, they are always friendly and very helpful too. I've called a few times now getting setup and I always get an English speaking rep who really knows their stuff.

Better support than I've ever experienced with any company, EVER!
The software was really easy to learn.
No term contracts, I like that.

C

Everything I needed

Bewertet am 31.8.2016

It was easy to set up, and it's easy to use. I can easily pick and choose how much or how little of the program elements I want to use. It has plenty of report and tracking options, and provided lots of room for growth.

Really don't have any complaints. I wanted a way to compare properties profitability to one another and it doesn't do that. But I don't know that any of the rental property software out there does.

Shannon
  • Branche: Immobilien

Everything I need and things keep coming I didn't know I need.

Bewertet am 29.9.2016

I like that everything is right there. The price is very reasonable and this application includes all of the items the very expensive programs include. The customer support has been incredible these last six years and they keep adding things that really help.

Strictly operator error, I forget my log in from time to time. Seriously, I haven't found anything I'm unhappy with.

Yohan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Customer service is adequate but can be improved

Bewertet am 12.5.2017

I love the software it has simplified my business, but I think a thorough training of how the software operates would be extremely helpful

The customer is courteous and responsive once you actually talk to the right person. When I set up my account I scheduled a time for someone to walk me through the process of how the software operates.

The person that walked me through my software training was a substitute for the lady that was assigned to assist me and she was booked for that particular day and time. The substitute did an adequate job explaining the software, but my partner and I would have preferred to wait for the main software trainer.

Leslie

Rentec Direct- Changing the Way to Manage your Property

Bewertet am 31.8.2016

Rentec Direct is an intuitive and easy software that allows laypeople to keep track of all income and expenses related to one or many properties with multiple tenants to manage. If you need to speak with someone when one of those 'irregular' situations with your properties, Rentec is always there at the phone ready to walk you right through to a solution. Rentec Direct updates and adds more features that will automatically load into your existing software. And at the end of the year when it's time to pay your taxes, Rentec Direct will print out the reports it used to take you over a week to sort out.

What's not to like?

Marsha
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product, very user-friendly, terrific customer support!

Bewertet am 27.1.2017

We got Rentec Direct for our Property Management department about 3-4 years ago - it was so easy to set up and get started with extremely intuitive and easy to use, great features and functionality and if you ever need them, the customer support folks are top notch and very knowledgeable and friendly. They have a "Knowledgebase" built into the software program that actually answers the majority of the questions you might have and it walks you through how to set everything up. Even those of us who have never used YARDI or other PM programs were able to pick it up right away and use it in on day 1.

Easy set-up and user-friendly, great Knowledgebase and customer support.

none, really

Linda
  • Branche: Immobilien

Rentec vs. Excel Spreadsheet, I pick Rentec Direct.

Bewertet am 30.5.2014

It's simple to use, and accounts can be used for several things, such as bank statements reconciliation and keeping track of payments. It does that math for me, and all I have to do is make sure I entered the right amounts. Rentec does the rest. Screening is also easy, and it's a one stop shopping. I also like the tutorials.

There are still some updates I would like for it to have. It doesn't track emails to owners. This is an important tool because our personal or business email address is cluttered. If we could check on the owners notes, I can tell quickly if they received an email from me or not. I also don't like the fact that I have to pay for tenants using the tenant portal to pay rent. The tenant should pay for using the portal, not the property manager.