Libris Bewertungen

Libris

Vereinfachtes visuelles Online-Asset-Management & Distribution

4.6/5 (123 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

Libris is a very effective tool to manage thousands of digital files and share easily with others.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Incredibly effective and efficient file management that's so easy to share with others. It is the solution that emerged from hours and hours of research into digital asset management systems. I simply cannot function well without it.

As a cloud solution, this system is easily accessible to all users. The administrative side of things is well thought and well designed and packed full of the right features to effectively manage countless files. It integrates easily and well with Lightroom and the optional Adobe connector makes managing assets during the production process even easier. This software has saved me countless hours of work and has helped me and my operations to be far more efficient.

Administrators and editors have to thoroughly learn the nuances of this system, but after a week... it's automatic. Processing files take only a few minutes from start to finish, complete with keywording either while importing the images into Libris or by adding them to images after they're imported. Too, the sharing mechanism works great with easy to design templates to ensure clients always get the right info to access their files.

In short, I cannot imagine doing my work well without Libris. Oh, and their support team is FANTASTIC... responsive and thorough.

I would like to see a little more flexibility with back-end privileges. You can have taggers, contributors and editors, but the hierarchy is not progressive in that contributors can also be taggers. Too, the Lightbox is a great option, but it's not designed to share all images within a Lightbox to a user for batch download.

I would like to see a couple enhancements: 1.) better notification options when adding personnel so that email addresses you share to can be automatically incorporated into the notification. For example, if I share to Betty_smith@blahblah.com but she uses the alias Betty.smith@blahblah.com this causes confusion. So, as an editor and administrator, you MUST make sure you share the exact email address with the user when they first access the system. It seems this could be automated. 2.) notification to an editor and/or administrator when new files are uploaded for approval and placement. The are minor issues.

Mit Google übersetzen

Libris has made digital asset management so functional and user friendly for my department

Bewertet am 27.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's an easier access storage solution for our library of images. It's a great system for sharing and collaborating. It has given me the ability to hunt down images fast and deliver them to the client easily. I also love that you can organize it in the way that works best for you.

I love that the Libris platform is so intuitive, clean and user friendly. The multiple ways to search give flexibility to the user and the sharing controls really allow you to be specific with who can access your images. Invited users can create light boxes within the system to allow for collaboration which is such a handy feature. I love that the images show up large on the screen making image selection easier and I also love that users can select their desired size of download. You don't always need the full size, full resolution version! Downloads are always fast and without error. The customer support is fantastic and fast. I also appreciate all the tutorials, blogs and webinars offered as part of your membership. They do a great job of keeping photographers up to date on equipment, trends and general news in the field of photography. As a member, you feel like a part of a community that's cheering you on and there to help you succeed.

My only complaint about the system is the lightbox feature feels a bit outdated and cumbersome. You can't "select all" for downloading or even to set permissions for downloading. You have to do it one by one, which is very tedious. I hope they update this soon. I've found it's easier to copy selected images into a new gallery instead and share the gallery link as a way to collaborate, but it's just a half workaround because only the admin can create galleries, whereas invited users can only create light boxes.

Mit Google übersetzen

Photo Archiving/Organizing Must Have!

Bewertet am 10.8.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use Libris for city government photo organizing/archiving. My department had over 5,000 photos to organize and Libris helped a daunting task become manageable and achievable. Having a place to organize photos properly makes our department function more efficiently and smoothly; we get many requests for photos on a daily basis. Libris makes photos searchable and easily findable with metadata tagging and keywords, which we love. Libris employees were there for us every step of the way during the initial set-up process and are still there for us currently with any questions we have.

We most like Libris' functionality regarding photo organizing and sharing. Libris equips its users with a variety of ways to quickly upload photos and create a library structure that makes sense to your organization. We love the ability to tag photos in batch and personally add metadata to photos. This way, our photos are searchable, but also browsable through Libris' collections and galleries structure. Sharing photos is easy and super customizable as well. With the option to add passwords to galleries and set expiration dates for links we send to outside shareholders, we have more control over privacy and access to our photos. Through working with Libris, the customer service has been great. Questions are answered in a timely manner and the Libris staff is readily available through email or phone each day. We enjoyed our multiple training sessions and demos. The staff at Libris is willing to help in whatever way possible.

At times the software can run slow and I accidentally deleted 2,000 photos one time due to a display glitch on the backend site. After deleting the photos, I looked in the trash bin to find them but I could not, since there is no structure of collections or galleries in the trash bin. Instead, the photos were in the trash can in order according to date, which is not helpful when you already have other photos in the trash bin as well. I had no other choice but to re-upload the photos.

Mit Google übersetzen

Libris and the LR plugin have become an important part of our daily workflow, with a few caveats.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Ease of use and user-friendly access for our Art Teams.

Extreme ease of use, excellent tagging options, relatively responsive website and LR plugin. Reasonably quick upload speeds. I am a staff photographer at a regional publisher with 6+ magazines in production. I use Libris daily to file 3-4 assignments a day, 5 days a week.

A few minor issues - Libris' plugin occasionally throws a Javascript framework error (I am running the latest version of Adobe LR CC as of 8'14'17) during uploads. Oddly it happens with only one or two files in random sets of photos, and will function perfectly for everything else. The LR plugin also does not quickly or reliably download and display Gallery/Collection links in the LR plugin while being used in the Export dialog in Lightroom.

A customizable "home page" or a way to default Admin accounts to redirect automatically to a collection or gallery would be nice when logging into Libris on the web - I would rather login and start at the top of the root folder of our Library vs the default splash page that I get now, as most of the time I login to Libris to fix a tag or confirm I've uploaded files correctly from LR. I access this page several times a day and any time savings here would pay dividends in the long run given how much I access Libris.

Overall, it's a great product that could use a little UI and interface streamlining to minimize the number of clicks that power users need to perform an action. Right click functionality (a la dropbox) would also be better/faster than the current "Actions" dropdown tab.

If possible, upload setting "profiles" (image quality, image sizing, watermarking, etc) in the Libris LR plugin would also save people like me some time. Thanks!

Mit Google übersetzen

A great product for managing your digital media, but does have some limitations.

Bewertet am 10.10.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

First and foremost I have to say the customer service Photoshelter provides for Libris users is absolutely wonderful. Their team gets back to you quickly with answers to your questions and is always pleasant to work with.

Libris truly shines in it's ability to easily organize and then later search for the images you need. You have the ability to set up the folder structure in any way that fits your needs (which is not something I say about the last product we were using) and the backend structure is so user friendly, it's a breeze to move collections, galleries, or even individual photos around after upload. All you need to do is grab them and drag and drop them into a different area.

On the search side of things, you have great control over the types of parameters you can give the search. Everything from searching for photos based on a specific orientation, to things photographed on certain dates...it's quite nice and the results are fast and (seemingly) very accurate.

Uploading is fast, and has a number of potential ways it can be integrated into your workflow, including a lightroom plugin.

As much as we like Libris overall, it is not without it's limitations and there are a couple of big ones we hope are eventually addressed.

The biggest one for us at the moment is Libris' inability to allow downloads without either a password or a user login. This is a bummer and is currently a bit clunky. We produce content for a wide range of people and we would like to make that content available for download to everyone, but the best you can do right now is put a password on everything and then try and make that password available to the public, which is just clunky and a bit odd. We really hope they implement a password and login free option soon.

Secondly, when you search for images there is no way to sort what we have searched for in the results page. Want to search for something and then sort by "date taken" or "date uploaded"? Not possible. The other slightly frustrating thing is there is no way to change the size of the image thumbnails in the galleries or search results. They are a bit small and it can sometimes be hard to see what the photo looks like until you click on it to make it larger.

Really there are so many things to like about Libris that I wouldn't say the above should be deal breakers, but they are things I think could really help improve it.

Mit Google übersetzen

Night and day difference from previous DAM

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Libris is helping us build and share our Digital images with dozens of clients through out the university. Its easy to share contact sheets, fast download times and very clean and pleasant display of images. Love the ability to customize and use our Logo and color in the main page and use a copy rights watermark. Before Libris, we used to have a DAM that was painfully slow in all aspects. I've recommended Libris to other universities and they are also very pleased with what it offers.

One of the recurring issues that I constantly hear with some of our clients in the University is that sometimes, whey they search images in the library, they are asked to create a login info, and after that, they are told to contact the administrator. Seems there is a glitch in the system and I've contact their costumer service dept. but they still have not been able to fix it. We like the ability to easily download images using a password, but we don't want our clients to created "another" login in account. Makes no sense to have a "search" button if you can download the images you find in your search.

Mit Google übersetzen

Our lives are now getting much easier...!

Bewertet am 7.9.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Two years ago we had images scattered all across various hard drives. Then we "MacGyver-ed" an asset collection based on Lightroom, which works wonderfully for one person but is not sharable in an office environment unless you jump through a bunch of hoops to tuck the catalog on the cloud and put all the images on a shared server, blah blah blah. But since we started using Libris about three months ago we've made tremendous progress in setting up our collections and starting to share them with various departments around campus. We're still barely scraping the surface on the possibilities Libris offers, and still have lots of work to do, to be sure. But finally our images are accessible to whomever we want to have access, with just a few clicks. And the customer support is second to none!

The different ways of getting images into the system is great. Speed is great. Batch editing image information once in the system is great (as long as you remember to click the APPEND button!! Maybe that should be on by default?)

There are a few glitches that sometimes generate errors during exporting from LR. For example I can't get the "Export with previous..." to work. And some functionality is still being developed, like the ability to make a lightbox downloadable with minimal effort. Everything I've stumbled with so far is minimal: things like the ability to resize columns and image previews in the browser. Not having various layout options except for the standard template. Minor things to enhance the user experience.

Great product so far!

Bewertet am 1.9.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We purchased this product to use at a university. We needed something that could be shared across campus, allowing for folks to be able to search for the photos they needed. We also needed something that all 12 of us in our office could use at the same time, and something that was securely backed up.

I like that it's on a cloud, which means we can access the photos at home or at work. It's also easy to give other people access, or to set up Lightboxes for them to view select photos. It's much easier than emailing photos like we used to have to do! We have shared it with several people on campus and they all say that it's been easy to use and easy for them to search for photos.

I wish that more than one person could be the administrator without having to upgrade to the next payment level. I'm still having a few issues when trying to view the photos --- I'd like them all to be visible on one page, not 20 pages, for example, but I know it's something I could probably figure out.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use, navigate, and collaborate

Bewertet am 18.9.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Photoshelter has a great navigation structure that enables you to easily sort, navigate, and find the exact assets you're looking for. We can customize how we archive our photos, which is a huge help. The search function has numerous options that allow you to be as broad or specific as you desire. Additionally, the capabilities to limit who can see which photo sets and to track who downloads what provides brand security.

Preview images can take a while to load, although I'm not sure if that originates on with our IT infrastructure of Photoshelter's. Additionally, unless you are using an iMac, the metadata and gallery panels take up a substantial portion of your screen, limiting how many photos you can view at a time.

Professional Photographer

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The FTP service is my favorite hidden gem to the Libris. Being able to customize the archive and set up search and gallery perimeters for different users is great.

The ease of use, the built in FTP and the ability to access anywhere. Being a cloud based system makes it easy for us to transmit, archive or access from anywhere.

I don't have any thing that I don't like about this product. The cost is high, but everything that comes packaged into the product proves that the robust design has been well thought out from the user interface to the admin interface. Libris is build for the professional on the move.

Mit Google übersetzen

After testing several competitors, Libris was the easiest to use and nice visually as well.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Ability to create lots of galleries and collections to organize. I had years of image collection that I personally was keeping organized, but they were all over. I had a fresh opportunity to newly organize images into categories that make more sense, and get rid of duplicates that were taking up a lot of extra space. The ability to add my own metadata is great, though not sure we're going to be able to afford that option next year. I also like that I can give give full or limited access to team members. Sometimes people only need access to logos, or one area of the companies images. Nice to be able to control that.

Well it's always going to be cost. Especially with add-ons. But we had to bite the bullet and find a safe place for images that can be used and accessed with other co-workers.

Mit Google übersetzen

Senior graphic designer at a big 10 university for approximately 10 years.

Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 18.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

it's web-based and centralized, so our department of 50+ can access photos anytime, anywhere. I like having a Lightbox to quickly sort through my favorite photos as well. It's streamlined our production process and has made it easier for us designers to be more self-sufficient.

I was not involved in the set-up or back-end of Libris, but it seems like our department is always having issues with our search results despite what I've heard have been several meetings with Libirs per our key-wording and adding descriptions. Most recently I was using the 'enter' key to submit a keyword search (instead of hitting the submit button), which created issues, bringing up non-keywords/non-global results. In my personal opinion, I'm not in love with the user design interface of the site. Per my rating of customer support, I have had no interactions, therefore have given a 'neutral' score.

Mit Google übersetzen

Libris has made our photo organization 10x more efficient.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The best aspects about Libris are its clean interface and ease of use. It has made my work incredibly more efficient because I am able to quickly search for photos by tags, name, and gallery location, and organize folders to my team's specifications. It was surprisingly easy to learn how to use and the interface is readable and light. Additionally, the Libris team is very helpful and friendly.

There are few things I dislike about this software. If I had to make one suggestion, I wish the software would automatically apply a cover image to folders to make it easier to differentiate them if we have forgotten to apply a cover image manually. I also think there could be some improvement with the Desktop Uploader. The interface is much less clean than the website and sometimes is laggy.

Libris Makes Life Easy

Bewertet am 22.8.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I've been a user and fan of PhotoShelter for a long time, so when the college I work for was ready to shift to a cloud based DAM system, PhotoShelter's Libris product was my first choice. The admin side is easy to set up and navigate and the client side is clean and user friendly. The customer service is tops and everyone at my institution has been pleased with it.

I love the ease of uploading and organizing images. The ability to create different galleries for different clients has freed up so much time and made it easy to communicate about photos.

I haven't found anything I don't like about Libris. I am looking forward to PhotoShelter expanding their mobile app for Libris.

Mit Google übersetzen

May not be the best solution for your money

Bewertet am 25.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This software allows you to catalog large quantities of photography and for and additional fee video. The ability for others to view and request photography is great.

Unless you are selling your photography, and even if you are, there are likely much more economically solutions to your needs. We continue to use it due to an agreement we have, but likely would not choose this again if we needed a new solution.

Mit Google übersetzen

Photoshelter has made searching and pulling photos for our company so much easier and faster.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like that we can control who has permission in our company to see and download specific photos. It's also very helpful giving those permissions to people in other departments, because now they are able to download the photos they want themselves. We no longer have to stop working on time sensitive projects and do it for them, it saves us valuable time that we need as designers to do our job efficiently.

For some reason the app doesn't work on my phone, thats really the only thing that I would say I dislike the least.

Mit Google übersetzen

Libris has been an awesome addition. We love being able to access our archive anywhere

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We do not have to be in the office to access our files and the metadata makes it easy to find what we are looking for!

The metadata tagging is key for us. We can quickly find photos of certain people in certain uniform combinations, day/night, etc. Not having to be in the office to get to photos is nice. It has also changed how we ingest photos in-game.

The PhotoShelter app on my iPhone has never worked for me. It could just be me. It would be handy to be able to access, email, download, text, etc. LibrisUploader works for us on phones and iPads.

Mit Google übersetzen

Libris has provided a product with nearly unlimited potential in digital asset management

Bewertet am 1.9.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The creation of a Digital Library has allowed us to modernize and organize our digital assets, turning more than 125 years of history out of file folders and onto the web. The ability for researchers, alumni, fans, family and friends to find information that otherwise be hidden away will and has been a major advancement for our program.

Libris and Photoshelter's outward facing interface allowed for the creation of the Cornell Athletics Digital Library, allowing alumni, friends and fans access to this digital repository of Big Red history. Photos can be viewed for free or purchased for posterity. Video clips, game stories, newspaper clippings and more will be available for viewing and downloading.

It is both easy to navigate on the front end and simple to manage and search on the back end. it's upload and download time and quick send options also allow us to easily manage our media relations functions.

Batch downloading can sometimes be a challenge when needing things between nested folders, but that's a user problem. Software really has everything we need.

Mit Google übersetzen

Libris is very easy to use and work through.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Being able to share particular galleries with different clients has made my job so much easier. I can spend more time designing now instead of saving files to CDs or Contact Sheets and e-mailing large files.

Ability to share galleries with ease. Plus the ability to stop clients from downloading and using images incorrectly. The drag and drop feature is extremely useful. Moving folders within the frame seems to work well and I can copy files so that they appear in more than one collection at a time.

Haven't found a way to add metadata to multiple folders at a time. If there were a way to color code folders and galleries (and maybe there is) I feel it would be easier to organize files at a glance.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to jump in and get started with. Once implemented very user friendly and intuitive.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Provides a level of order and access to what had previously been a very disorganized amount of files and photos. Saves my team a great deal of time by improving our ability to search for these images in an efficient manner.

Ease of uploading the photos and tagging the photos. Great amount of customer support to help get us going. It is also evident that they are used to dealing with higher ed clients and had plenty of experience to fall back on when answering our specific questions.

Nothing immediately jumps to mind! It would be great if we could more easily manipulate the order folders (as they default to alpha-numeric ordering), but that feels very nitpicky. All in all, a great product.

Mit Google übersetzen

Libris has helped our department tremendously with sharing images across our campus community.

Bewertet am 27.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are now able to search edited images through tagged information and able to share and present images in an organized format.

Searchable tagged photos
We are able to share photos quickly with internal and external partners
Like being able to customize folders for particular job requests

The Libris connector really does not give our designers the easy access tools necessary for working with InDesign at a reasonable price. They are having to download the images first and use Adobe Bridge to connect. It also does not allow designers to drag and drop images when they just want to see how something might look in a quick and easy format unlike other programs.

6.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

I think Photoshelter Libris is a perfect solution for DAM. I am 100% happy with the product!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My time to get out and keep shooting and creating great content for the college.

Everything! I like the interface, support, that it is a cloud based storage option and I can upload from anywhere I have a internet connection.

I wish I would have found it sooner. I had tried 2 other DAM systems and had a lot of issues, everyone love Photoshelter.

Mit Google übersetzen

Been using Libris for a year now, love it.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Better management of my team's photos both on the field and off the field.

Makes it very simple to share photos with other creatives in the company who need photos, as well as outside the company with password-protected galleries.

Biggest complaint from users is that public-facing galleries are difficult to navigate. Meaning that if you view a gallery and get halfway through it, click on a photo to enlarge/download it, the user then gets sent back to the beginning of the gallery and has to scroll through hundreds of photos to pick up where they left off. Would be awesome if the public galleries operated like the library, which keeps your place.

Mit Google übersetzen

Daily use of the product, however I wish asset sharing were easier for people without Libris.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

All assets are centrally located and I am able to asset share using links.

All assets are centrally located.
I am able to create folders with links to share to internal and external parties.

Downloading various file sizes is not easy. There should be an easy selection process for the size of photo I would like to download.

Mit Google übersetzen

Our organization needed to streamline the way we search our robust photo library

Bewertet am 22.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The ability to batch update IPTC metadata was key for us. In addition, the ability to monetize our photo library is a feature we're interested in but have not utilized yet. Also, prior to implementing Libris, our team would have to load various logo/image assets onto flash drives before traveling to events. Now, we can browse our entire library anywhere we have an internet connection.

One challenge we've had is that not all photographers are comfortable with the upload process. We need to figure out how to make the upload process easier for our various freelancers.