Google Maps Bewertungen

Google Maps

Desktop and mobile GPS mapping service

4.7/5 (222 Bewertungen)

Endless Features with a Clean Interface

Bewertet am 23.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

I like Google Maps because they've mastered the art of providing lots of features without making their application difficult to use or junky. I prefer this over the Maps app that comes with my iPhone because it's much easier to edit my trip. If I don't want to take a certain bridge or highway, Google Maps can show me alternate routes and the additional time it would take in one tiny place on the screen. I also love the audio settings. I use the GPS even when I know exactly how to get somewhere so that I can have the other information that the app provides like traffic updates, crashes ahead, and alternate routes that might make more sense to take as traffic picks up. I can set the audio to "alerts only" so that I can hear my music without all of the turning instructions, just the traffic alerts. I've also noticed that Google Maps memorizes maps. When I lose signal on my phone, I don't lose the GPS because Google Maps has already saved my trip in its memory. As a new driver, that made me feel really safe and assured. Lastly, I discovered another feature that I use all the time now. I live near a huge outlet mall and it was always a hassle to know which door was closest to the store that I wanted to go into. But one day, I put a store in my GPS (not knowing it was in that outlet mall) and Google Maps actually took me to the best entrance for that specific store. I love Google Maps and I wouldn't use another GPS application.

The only bad thing I can say about Google Maps is that it doesn't always know which direction I'm facing, which can be tricky. There's an arrow that follows along the path and shows you whether you're going in the same direction of the path or not. There were times when the arrow was pointing in a different direction than the path so, I made a U-Turn and later realized that I was actually going in the right direction before.

Great Map App, but Not My Go-to

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

When I'm on the go, I typically use my map apps built into my iPhone, but I occasionally will use Google Maps when searching on my computer. The pro of Google Maps is a lot of companies use it. Typically when you click on highlighted map address online (Yelp, facebook, etc), the default is google maps.

The big con about Google Maps is that the routes it provides are not always the quickest, or best routes. I used Google maps a lot when I lived in a rural area (and it was great for that), but now that I live in a very populated area with roads constantly changing or going under construction, the maps aren't as useful. Google Maps doesn't seem to quite know all the quicker routes and definitely doesn't take in consideration lights. Not knowing the area, Google maps once told me it was 7 miles from somewhere, but it didn't consider that I would hit every single red light along the way and the 7 miles took nearly an hour. I would also find myself using Google maps and notice that several people ahead of me will make the same award path and I do, and realized we're all likely using Google maps. It would literally take these strange paths thru neighborhoods, with speed bumps, and uturns, heavy potholes, even gravel roads and same strange turns as the people in front of me for miles. Just because there is a road there, doesn't make it the best option, but I guess Google can't determine areas that have speed bumps or gravel roads yet. Google maps isn't as intuitive as Waze which will give you minute by minute updates and alt routes to take.
My biggest con with Google maps, was on a personal level. I moved to a new home. Completely new address that hasn't ever been in a system yet. We had our address set up with the PO for months, and it took Google nearly 8 months for them to get our address in their system. We had to share our address using coordinates with friends and family for months because Google wouldn't update their maps. You can submit a change or incorrect address, but you cannot add a new address easily. And when you do, you cannot see the progress of your change, like if Google has actually reviewed it or not, or the ETA on being approved. Being that so many companies use Google maps, it was difficult to order things online and have them shipped to my home. Many businesses didn't recognize my address as being valid since they rely on Google maps so heavily. It would be nice for Google, as large of a company as they are to offer some sort of customer service option or an easier way to contact them. Their FAQ and guides for adding new map addresses is lacking.

5.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Eh ... for some things, yes. Others no.

Bewertet am 31.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

When I'm online and I want to check to see how far someplace is from me, Google Maps is definitely the place I go to check. So I do use it a lot. And it is integrated into a lot of websites, so you can get directions from it, but I have learned the hard way that the directions Google Maps provides are not always that great. And when you're on a motorcycle, going somewhere you've never been before, that is not the time to have your GPS directions suddenly mess up. And that has happened more times than I can say. In one sense, the feature of being able to put yourself on the street and get a 360 view of what ANY place looks like is nice, because you know what to look for when you're arriving some where new. However, when I was looking up an address near me, out of curiosity, I swiped the map over my own house, and it was a little creepy to have a satellite view of my house, with my motorcycle and car in the driveway. It's a little Big Brother-ish to me, which is something that has been starting to really bother me a lot lately. I mean, really? Google now either has their own satellites or can access satellite views of the entire world? I thought that stuff was reserved for the government and the CIA. Yes, it integrates with a lot of platforms, as all Google products do. Yes, it has nice features and you can find out a lot of information through Google Maps. But ... again, do you really want a company that knows almost everything about you because of their seamless integration into your life and observation of everything you do, say, buy, sell, look at, search for, etc. online to include observation by satellite to such a detailed degree that you can see your exboyfriend sitting on your back porch smoking? And if they can do that, then how come they can't get the directions right?

Upon reflection, it appears that most of the things I listed in the pros section of this review are actually pretty negative, and I have to say, that is my general feeling about Google Maps. It's like undressing in front of an open window - there's no privacy at all anymore with Google. Ever wonder why they offer so many things for free? Look what they're getting in return - they know every detail about you. And even with this satellite sky-stalker ability, and all the nice little features they include on their app, the directions are almost always wrong when I've used it. Or clicking the "no tolls" option (because who wants to dig for change while they're on a motorcycle?) and surprise? They still send you via the toll road option. Or the GPS loses connection in the middle of a trip and you're no longer getting instructions via the earpieces in your helmet. I use Waze for all my travel needs now and it has never let me down. For a quick look up online if I need to know something, sure I'll use Google Maps. But that's about as far as I trust it anymore.

4.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

This is one of my most used apps that I could not live without

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Google Maps is an absolute must for any of my navigational needs. It has reshaped the way people drive. There are no more needs to have paper maps. The searching feature of google maps is very friendly using normal language. Just ask google maps to find the best place for ice cream near me and it does it. The reviews and photos that people add to the maps are very helpful in deciding where to go.

It is also a great way to avoid traffic as it updates in real time.

I love the feature that you can use voice search while already on a rout to find pit stops such as gas stations along the route and it tells you the extra amount of time it will take before you decide what extra stop to add.

The navigation no longer will reroute users to side streets.

The desktop version used to have a feature that would show you photos taken by users in the area. I would often use this to scout shooting locations for my business. This feature is either hidden or no longer in service. This function would be a great resource to me if it was added to the phone app.

The Google MyMaps feature is a great idea but falls flat do to security issues. ANyone with access to your specific map can easily copy the map and reuse it for their own purposes. I would like the ability to share my maps that I have created with others without the fear that they can copy it and share it with others whom I do not want them to have access to my content.

Integration with Calendar ensures I am always on time

Bewertet am 17.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

In my experience, it has always proven to be the most accurate for directions. I love that I can see traffic and be alerted when there are accidents with automatic route changes to prevent me from getting stuck in traffic. When I add calendar events to Google Calendar, I enter the location of my destination and my calendar alerts me at my requested interval and includes traffic analysis. I have examples of times I would intend to leave for a client's 20 minutes in advance but my calendar notification displayed letting me know there was heavy traffic and the estimated travel time would be 35 minutes. Without Google Maps and calendar integration, I am empowered with the tools to be consistently on time.

One con could be that using Google Maps requires service so depending where you are traveling, this could be a problem. However, once you start a route and get directions, I believe it downloads the route so it can always finish to completion even in no-service areas. Also, if you plan ahead knowing you will be in no-service areas, you can download areas of a map offline which is very helpful. The only other con I can think of is that Maps often tracks your history by default which proves helpful at times but if you have privacy concerns, you will need to explore your settings and disable this.

Mit Google übersetzen

Undisputed champion of all navigation apps

Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Google maps is unrivalled in its location and information features. No maps applications has anything close to the detailed information on local businesses or places of interest. What’s more is the ability to save locations and group them in lists means you’ll never be short of ideas of restaurants to go or museums to visit.

The fact this syncs with your google account meaning you can access all your saved locations on any platform is incredibly helpful when travelling.

The live traffic updates and car navigation also means you can go without expensive sat nav systems. Google maps is free, easier to use and better than these.

I struggle to find any cons to google maps.

There are occasions when the driving setting can take you down alternative routes but this is worse on other similar apps.

Other than that there are no complaints and I couldn’t think of ways to improve this.

Mit Google übersetzen

Always discovering new cool functionality

Bewertet am 8.10.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

I love google maps. I use it versus anything else because it is easy to use, is eminently searchable; provides targeted directions via mode of travel including bicycle, transit, and footpower; allows selection of satellite and traffic views; is easy to zoom; clearly indicates public space such as parks which are not demarcated by other applications; and provides great directions and accurate travel times. It can be very nice to see the surroundings with the street view- to gauge the neighborhood, for example, of a prospective house purchase, vacation spot, or new employment.

Things it could do better- it could allow more than one pin, so you can gauge the distance from pin to pin without artificially having to choose one real location as a starting point to your pin. It could pin the location of your car so you know where to find it when you get back. It could allow you to select how many alternative paths you'd like to see. The traffic-avoidance algorithms could route through neighborhoods when traffic times reach a certain threshold. It could be possible to set an alert for traffic situations so a person, could, for example, leave work 15 minutes earlier to avoid a complete logjam.

Definitely my Go-To App for Navigation

Bewertet am 20.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Google Maps has always been my Go-To navigation app whenever I travel. So much that I in-fact never use the in-built navigation system in my car but connect my android phone and use the Android Auto app to navigate using Google Maps. Functionalities such as Saving maps offline, adding routs with multiple stopovers have always been excellent and I generally use this as a guide to plan my trips.

I've observed that while navigating, it tried to find the fastest route factoring in the traffic in various routes and the time predicted by Google has generally been spot on.

Not much of a con as such but guess it would be great if Google Maps can locate the speed breakers (bumps) on the road and also factor in the quality of the road when suggesting a route. While a rare event, I had once, taken my car on a road that was just wide enough for 1 car.

Mit Google übersetzen

Google maps makes it easier to navigate to any destination

Bewertet am 6.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

The app is simple to use, free and you can quickly search your destination and track your movements. It adds up new features on a timely basis like traffic updates or locations of restaurants. There is a new feature which has enabled weather checks.The navigation feature helps the user to travel the shortest and best path with real-time tracking. With google maps, you can share your locations with your friends. It provides an approximate time estimate to reach a particular destination based on your mode of travel.

The application does not run in the background,It consumes a majority of your battery charge. It saves all your searches and this information can be used against you. The application takes time to load. These maps can be used by criminals. The data provided by maps might be out of date, or less accurate in some situations.

Changed Your Life

Bewertet am 6.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Can you remember life before Google Maps? If you're anything like me, you'd rather forget. Mapquest was forgettable, Garmin was expensive....then came GMaps. The amount of data this app contains is awe-inspiring (and a little bit freaky). As someone who works in logistics, having instant insight into routing and traffic conditions changed the way we operated. The fact that this info was all free still blows my mind sometimes. Sure, Google may be watching you mow your lawn. But free GPS navigation and mapping has changed the lives of millions for the better.

"Your Timeline" feature is glitchy and a little intrusive, but can be easily turned off. One thing that confuses me greatly; why is Waze seperated from Maps? Both are owned by Google, but the experiences are totally different. Consolidation there wouldn't hurt...

Mit Google übersetzen

Excellent App with a lot of options

Bewertet am 6.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Google Maps is a great tool for everything. Need directions, need to know where you are or are you looking for a good restaurant nearby? Google Maps can do all that. It does even allow you to actively participate, by rating places, sending photos and verify data and information about locations, stores and businesses. Even better: it is completely free of charge. It even works as a fully fledged navigational / GPS system, which can lead you safely to your desired destination – by food, by car or bike or even by public transport.

At times it is lacking precision and some features are not available all over the world. In addition at times it doesn't recognize the right location or wants to upload fotos, which are from a different place. Nothing big though and nothing that would be really a problem.

Mit Google übersetzen

The best and easiest to use map system around

Bewertet am 18.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Street view is an excellent feature, which I genuinely can't image a world without. It makes visiting any new place easy and comfortable.
The directions and live traffic feature make communing so much easier, saving me money and time.
The ability to easily embed Google maps on to a web page is also of great benefit, we use this across the University website to provide directions to students and staff. This also integrates well with their Google calendar and other Google systems.

The mobile version of Google maps (especially on iOS products) has much to improve, the UI is often hard to navigate and some of the most useful features, like street view and directions, are hidden away behind menus.
In regards to the desktop version I honestly can't think of a problem, this app is awesome!

Great...most of the time

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

I do like this app, and a lot, but sometimes it can get on my nerves. One day is the best app in the world and the next minute I´m lost around the city and the map has crashed. I like the features and above all things how easy is to use.

People can say that there are better apps in this area but I respect the fact that this one has been on my phone since the beginning of times, and it will stay like that. Love it or hate it, but always with me.

I think it can improve the way the app interact with us when failing to do the job. I remember just driving around any place in heavy traffic, trying to figure out the right exit and when looking at the map, the car would be in some other spot away from the street, or behind in the same map from where I´m. It can get crazy sometimes.

Mit Google übersetzen

Really good to navigate or just search

Bewertet am 18.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

When i want to know info about a new place or directions to get there this is my go to app, i can do a search on my PC and send the address or navigation instructions to my phone painlessly.
The navigation is really good, the possibility to add stops is amazing, it lets you plan a route with several points and takes them into account to give you a really good ETA.
Offline maps is a "must have" if you're planning a trip or going to places where connectivity may be an issue

There's no information regarding blocked or damaged by weather roads, sometimes the navigation instructions direct you to impossible to follow routes
There's no lane information, it may cause confusion or problems to someone new to an specific location

Mit Google übersetzen

Geography made extremely easy by Google Map.

Bewertet am 3.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

It's a must have app for everyone nowadays. It's very difficult to commuted in metro cities without this application. It helps me to show alternative routes when i get stuck in traffic. I also shows real time traffic situation by marking it with different colors. Its audio feature helps me while driving. I don't need to look at the screen to check my route. By listening to it I can drive on my guided route.

Sometimes it fails in accuracy. Usually in dense areas it lacks on proper directions. In some locations of my city I found wrong mappings of buildings. hey should improve it here. One more thing I didn't like about this app is its inability to consume less power in my phone. It consume lot of power.

I couldn't get around without Google Maps

Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

This is one of my most used apps. It's great for navigating while driving, and the directions are usually quite accurate and easy to follow. I find the time estimates between locations to be accurate as well, even taking traffic into consideration. I appreciate that Google Maps gives up-to-date information on traffic, allowing me to plan my route.

Sometimes Google Maps struggles to give clear directions when there is a fork in the road. Without street signs indicating whether the road I'm on continues down the left or right fork, Google Maps' direction to "continue straight" isn't very helpful. More than once I've guessed the wrong fork and had to turn around.

Mit Google übersetzen

Route changes will ensure you never miss an opportunity to avoid traffic

Bewertet am 31.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

I have used Apple Maps for a long time and Google Maps has far greater functionality. One pro is how it will alert you of traffic and has different status colors for how bad it is and will direct you to a different route if it will be faster. It also saves your information on your laptop and app for ease of use. You can also save locations and name them things such as home, school, work etc. This saves time when you don't have to type in the whole address. You can mark where you parked your car as well and it will tell you how to get back to it, which is a very handy feature to have for sure! It will also save favorites for you even if you don't label them.

One con is that this tool will redirect you too quickly sometimes and then you end up being on the road longer. It also is hard to find where to change settings such as an avoidance. You can put your phone on airplane mode and use it fine, but if you take a wrong turn, it stops navigating, which is really frustrating sometimes.

Mit Google übersetzen

Points Me In The Right Direction!

Bewertet am 6.9.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

I have only lived in Boise now for about 3 years. The first 2 years I stayed in my little bubble around where I lived. As time went by and jobs changed I had to leave my little bubble. I used Google Maps almost on a daily basis learning new places. I use it when I travel out of state and job to place within Boise. I love the voice commands telling me where to go, because obviously it is hard to read directions when you are driving lol. There was a couple of times I was taken to the wrong place or ran into construction, but for the most part the software is pretty current. My husband is a painter so he is always going to new locations and well he is worse than me when it comes to getting to new locations. So far this application is what gets him to work everyday!

I like that it has a voice application to speak to you while your driving. I like that it is about 99.9% always on the money and I make it to my correct location. I also like the fact that it gives me an estimated amount of time that it will take me to make it to my location.

If you do not have internet service you can not use the software on your phone.

The most intelligent Map app

Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Being a community map, it's always complete and has up to date information. It's amazing how smart it is, so if you want to go somewhere to eat you can just write restaurants and it'll show you everything you need to know around you! Also, one of the best features is to be able to download the maps, especially when you are traveling and you don't have internet access. The smart traffic when driving alwas works perfectly. Best map app ever!

Sometimes the star-rating is not as accurate as it could be. There should be a better way to qualify the different aspects of a place. Also, it would be great if there was a pricing characterization.

Mit Google übersetzen

This is where I make most of my living

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

As a Google Trusted Photographer, I publish virtual tours on Google Maps for my clients and forms the single most important dataset I can create to help clients and their shoppers. Google Maps is by far the most advanced publicly available mapping system in the world and the other players have a long way to catch up.

Be careful about the data you see - when you notice that a business is not verified (it says "Do you own this business?" in those cases) then the data may not likely be up to date. Some road data may also not be up to date if the Street View car has not been around in some time to update that area.

Most accurate navigation service

Bewertet am 31.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

I like that you are able to search and find pretty much any business or restaurant around you quickly and efficiently with directions. It also provides reviews on every business, which can show you if the place is well serviced or not. I like being able to explore food and drinks nearby as well!

Just as you can find food nearby, I wish there was an easy way to find stores nearby. It’d make shopping easier if you are not familiar with the area and are not looking for a specific store. Additionally, some of the directions are told a little to late at times which can cause you to miss a turn or an exit. Also, some of the businesses that are on the map no longer exist there or they do not have a new business that is there, but this is not frequent or persistent problem. However, I’ve run into a few problems with street name changes (perhaps errors) and went around in circles looking for the street. It would be nice to be able to request a change from the app.

Mit Google übersetzen

It's so good, I worry about getting lost without it.

Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

I like how smooth the user interface and the flow of the app is. After entering the address and hitting the round button marked "Directions" I am on my way with it automatically finding my location to start from. In contrast to my cars GPS which is not up to date, Google Maps is a breath of fresh air. No fees to update, no endless typing to enter the address and it actually shows all of the newly built streets in my area. In my opinion, it is THE best map/Navigation app out there.

I would appreciate some consistency regarding devices. When you view the page for a business on Google Maps on a phone it shows a phone number. However, on a tablet, it does not. Well, soemtmies I want to look up a phone number while I am using my tablet. But I have toput teh tablet away, bring out the phone and then look it up there. SMall thing I know, but for an app that is so smooth everywhere else, it definitely stands out as an annoyance.

Mit Google übersetzen

So much better than Apple Maps, and good for different things.

Bewertet am 4.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

I use the Google Maps app or browser page everytime I need to navigate to an address I'm going to; to save locations that are important or interesting to me; to look at the map of a country we happen to be discussing; to find driving times and routes between places; and to find (and leave) reviews of restaurants, doctors, etc. You can even make corrections if you want, e.g. if you find a company has moved to a new place.

I hope in future it can take fewer touches to get from exiting the directions back to a new search, that would make it quicker to use.

Mit Google übersetzen

An easy way for location and consult

Bewertet am 16.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Google Maps is the most useful app when you want to localize some place or just investigate about a place or your intereset, the interphase is so simple you only have to write the place that you want to search in the to left bar a inmediately you will redirect to that place. The quality of the images is huge, you can even see the cars and small parks. With Maps you can also do simple measures to one point to another, and calculte distances for transportation and travel. This is and app that everyone needs in their smartphone or tablet.

Handy, versatile, smart app

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 8.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

The thing I like best about Google Maps is it's accuracy. While I also use Apple Maps, I find that Google Maps is consistently more reliable. It's available on my computer and iPhone, so I can use it whenever I need it. I'd say it's my go to map/gps application. It's also very useful for finding locations of businesses. Say, I want to go to an Apple Store. I type the info into the app and it will show, on a map, where they are all located. Then, I can choose one and it will give me more specifics and directions. I also like that it's a free app.

I have found that Google apps are incredibly capable and powerful, but it always feels as if the geeks who write their software and design their apps can't figure out how to dumb them down for the public. While the basics are easy to figure out, the more powerful features take a bunch of time to figure out or research how to use them. This is especially true of their Map application. I can get where I'm trying to go, but sometimes I have difficulty changing routes or figuring out how to avoid tolls.