Roadmunk

Visuelle Roadmap-Software für das Produktmanagement

Sortieren nach

• Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Roadmunk is the ultimate way to organize and share your roadmaps

Bewertet am 5.6.2018

The ability to take my roadmaps out of Google Docs, OmniGraffle, or Sketch and turn them into something that I could maintain and share makes everyone happy, especially the teams making decisions based on the roadmap.

The flexibility! There are so many ways to configure your roadmaps and provide different views of the data for different stakeholders. The ability to combine Roadmunk with Jira has been very helpful for my team. The roadmaps just look great.

I received a lot of help from the staff when asking questions and they even offered a training session.

While it does roadmaps very well, I would more comfortable with a lower price point and potentially different options for user levels.

I've been stumped by the user interface a few times and have found that it is NOT infinitely flexible. I think it is deceptively restrictive - it looks like you can do anything, but you can only do a lot.

Like many SaaS apps, the sales funnel was very automated and I received an abundance of emails.

Bobbie
  • Branche: Maritime Wirtschaft
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Pleasantly Surprised Every Time I Use Roadmunk

Bewertet am 6.11.2020

I am the sole user on our team, and the only one 'playing' with the product to get the most out of it. I don't have very much time, but when I am able to dedicate attention to entering our broad-ranging roadmapping wishlist items, I always walk away a little bit delighted and a little bit excited about what we'll be able to show. It does take strategy to make decisions about what fields to include, and that is the tough part to figure out. I scheduled office hours for a 1:1 coaching session, and it was incredibly helpful. The consultant 'got me' exactly. Just the right amt of info for that moment. Of course I'll have more.

Roadmunk strikes the right balance between allowing you to add custom fields your data and providing prompts and formats for you to include common fields for roadmapping. One example is the ability to toggle between setting dates and putting in buckets. Hand in hand with that is a UI and nomenclature that is on-target and mostly avoids introducing confusion. Care was obviously taken in this respect.
I can also say that the sharing options (to HTML, etc.) are what absolutely seals the deal. Stakeholders can have access to the (constantly updated) product without forcing them to have accounts.

Sub-items are sluggish to add and move around. As someone who is a power user of Gannt charting programs, it's a little bit of a challenge to get used to the way sub-items work in Roadmunk. I would like to see the ability to configure views so that you can roll up all sub-items under a parent and treat the parent as the only thing that matters in that view. That said, I'm really glad the functionality is included, and I'm optimistic about the evolution.
I also don't like how pale and small some of the UI elements are. I have some mild visual impairment, so the colors help a lot. I would like to see the ability to scale up or down the ratio of colored area to text size.

Anir
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Not for small organizations

Bewertet am 3.8.2021

The setup is fairly easy, but that also means there are not many features to explore atleast at a "starter" package

Their customer service is very upfront - starter package is of no use and there are no features in there - very hard upsell, and the number of features are not that great as compared to the competition.

I was also told that this is a one-off call and they wont be supporting any 1:1 demos/discussions unless I pay more. By the ways I was invited to the call.

Catherine
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

My two cents about my Roadmunk experience

Bewertet am 9.1.2020

Roadmunk is a tool that I use to give me an overview of several timelines or key dates that can impact other project. I also create specific visual for timelines and monitoring tasks for different type of projects.

What I like the most is the way that I can feature the work plan, phases on a timeline or on a swim lane by listing some items. It's also very nice to have the possibility to add sub-items, it makes everything so much clearer.

What I like the least about the software is when I need to change the features of my timeline or swim lane, I feel that the menu on the left is not that user friendly.

Also, my work is full of diversity and even tho I can understand the bonus of not having always to replicate fields while starting a new roadmunk, in my position every map is built for a different project that has a different team, or tasks, so it becomes difficult to create and identify which field is for which roadmunk.

Michael
  • Branche: Versicherung

Roadmunk is excellent

Bewertet am 29.10.2020

Great company to do business with. very quick to support when needed.

Great company to do business with. very quick to support when needed.

Roadmunk is an easy to use collaboration tool.
it makes it really easy to story map products and customer journeys with stakeholders and developers.

using a user story map gives context to requirements in the wider product.

The integration with Jira can be a little tricky at times, but other than that its really great.

OKR Board for Jira & Confluence

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Roadmunk

Cheaper and standalone
Marcela
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Product Roadmap

Bewertet am 22.10.2019

It is customizable and easy to use. We enjoy very much the exports options, like the URL export.

The date range is always changing. It could be better if we could setup the beginning and end date of all roadmaps by default. For example, the template should be the FY (april to march) and we must show 2 FY in every roadmap. But if a project started in 2015, when we change colors or filters the range gets back to 2015.
Also, the reviewer plans should be more acessible.

monday.com
Sushant
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easiest decision to go with Roadmunk. Simply the best value for money!

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

Good quality UI/UX, simple yet very effective and powerful sharing methods and absolutely worth the investment of time and money!

Ease of Integration with existing JIRA boards
Organization Theme and Color Scheme on Different Views
VERY straightforward UI/UX for both users and admins

Need more features around customizing Gantt Charts for showing trend lines and swim-lanes.A
Need some additional icons for milestones and tasks.

Tom

Great piece of kit.

Bewertet am 29.11.2016

I trialled a number of roadmapping products before eventually selecting Roadmunk, most of the big names.

I found that for my needs almost all of the competition were hellishly complicated - I didn't need the strategy/business case definition in there, I don't need a JIRA integration, and I'm not managing hundreds of roadmaps.

I was able to very quickly get up and running with Roadmunk and in a very short period of time got to what I needed - a view of the future which I could present to the Board to get sign off on the roadmap.

I've since started using it for more than that - i plan in our architectural/platform roadmap, I use it to work out which of my team to assign to products, and so on. It's really powerful.

My one qualm with the product is that the bulk of the dev/new features seems (understandably) to go on stuff for large customers, and isn't always relevant for my needs. But as I say, the product as it stands helps me a lot.

Noah & the team have been super helpful whenever I've needed anything, too.

It's incredibly easy to use, and because it's a well thought out product, it is flexible enough to most or all of my roadmapping needs.

Can be difficult to use in presentations without a lot of work on the colouring.

Anand
Anand
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Very helpful roadmapping tool for Enterprise Architecture

Bewertet am 27.6.2020

Excellent customer support and followup to ensure that I was successful using the product

Ease of use, deployment and low threshold to adoption (intuitive interface and features reduce need for training and reasonable user licensing fees)

Need support for additional formats to download and port the roadmaps.

Lubomír
Lubomír
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great design, value for money and approach to the work with data

Bewertet am 29.10.2020

I really like it, I think has a good pricing and works well for smaller-mid scale scenarios.

- I really like the design and I think it is quite important that the exported roadmaps do look clean and pretty as they are shared with external stakeholders.
- Also like the approach to the work with data, where each item (feature) has many fields (attributes) and you can order/look at your data-set across different fields (per dev teams/software component/ month of realease...). You can also save these views so you can switch between them easily

There is only one single big issue with Roadmunk and thats performance. The JIRA synchronization work well, but if you have projects with lower hundreds of epics (and higher hundreds of stories), you will be forced to make sacrifice and to choose higher level look. They are on it supposedly, so hopefully this will improve

Thomas
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

User friendly and easy to create your company´s roadmap

Bewertet am 9.1.2020

By using Roadmunk we now have a clear and complete roadmap that provides overview and allows us to focus on the critical stuff.

It is very easy to use, has the features and capabilities that is needed and that you can tailor roadmaps to fit your strategy.

That you have to pay $5 per month per reviewer.
I lack the option to "flag"/visualize features on the roadmap with a risk of delay

ProductPlan und Aha!

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Roadmunk

Functionality, easy to get started and better visual presentation
Audrey
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Great for stakeholder alignment

Bewertet am 11.11.2020

Helps teams visualize priorities and capacity which makes it easy for alignment and clarification. Very easy to learn as you go in terms of which view works best for your team. They seems to be trying to make small continuous improvements throughout the year which is nice.

Sometimes changes don't take which can be frustrating. A bit expensive so we have to limit how many people actually have an account. Wish there was a way to collect ideas from folks that don't have access but don't want to install a plugin.

Jay
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Simplicity & Flexibility

Bewertet am 21.11.2016

Roadmunk is the easiest and most flexible tool for creating visually compelling roadmaps. I have used them with technical teams, business teams, and executives - each audience needs a slightly different view and Roadmunk makes it easy to tell your story across those audiences.

The flexibility - being able to pivot into different views without recreating the roadmap is a lifesaver. This allows you to speak to your audience's needs and get buy in. Also, the tool is easy to update and incorporate feedback. Another big plus is shareability - my stakeholders have a link to the roadmap in their inbox before the meeting is over thanks to Roadmunk.

I would love to see a stripped down mobile view that could be used to reference information on the fly.

Yannick
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

FINALLY! THE roadmap product I have looking for, since years...

Bewertet am 14.11.2016

Honestly, after decade of Project Management and multiple PM + Gantt charts software, even having tried PowerPoint & Excel "high-level roadmap graphs"... NOTHING ever was really working...

gantt have typically bad design... PowerPOint or Excel can create nice design, but there is no data behind it... no automation, no easy update...

And when it comes to Product Roadmap... usually same problem, but hopefully some people GOT IT there, and designed NICE LOOKING & "sexy" charts/roadmaps... but too often there are totally disconnected from data and can not be updated easily... just pure design...

So, long story short: after months of intensive research, I FINALLY found RoadMunk!! The nirvana for me: I could design & present super SEXY Roadmaps... AND construct them based on data, allowing me to pivot dimensions easily and show subset of the roadmap. Sexy AND Powerful!

The unique feature of RoadMunk? The MATRIX view of the data, in addition to the Roadmap view... Fantastic, could not live anymore without it.

Honestly, I searched hard... there nothing better there for representing nice-looking and adaptable high-level Roadmaps! Highly recommended

NICE LOOKING & "sexy" charts/roadmaps
AND based on data
allows to pivot dimensions easily and to show subset of the roadmap.
Unique feature of RoadMunk: the MATRIX view of the data, in addition to the Roadmap view...

no direct integration with backend data (Excel, google sheet, Jiira)

Mike
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great and Easy to Use Product!

Bewertet am 22.3.2019

Great experience! Would recommend and have recommended to colleagues.

Great experience! Would recommend and have recommended to colleagues.

This software allows you to very easily track deliverables future and current. I would recommend this product to anyone that manages a large program.

Two factor authentication should be an easily configured item on this tool to protect the data.

Justin
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Clarity for everyone!

Bewertet am 22.10.2019

Easy to use and valuable. Like to use it, but it would be nice to see some different templates.

I love that I can share online versions of my roadmaps, and that they come out looking super organized and clean.

Not all roadmaps are linear. I'd love to see the ability to build cycles in different structures (maybe similar to smart art)

Michelle
  • Branche: Personalwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Roadmunk review

Enjoy it for creating roadmaps

Enjoy it for creating roadmaps

Display of timelines and milestones is easy to view and share

Sometimes takes long to load once you have made updates

Robert
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Solid Roadmapping Tool

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

The program provides a solid capability to demonstrate a project's roadmap, which I use to show from a feature point of view, a timeline and a milestone view. I can create a URL at the click of a button that users can view without a license. It's an interactive program and I still have much to learn, but in just using the basics, I have found it solid and useful.

The best feature for Rodmunk is the ability to provide a URL for your roadmap that users can see without having to have a license. This way, others int eh company can follow progress with just clicking on a link which saves on time and I don't have to send email updates.

The interface is a little clunky at first but has a very quick learning curve. There are many features I have still not learned to use but will with time.

Jules
  • Branche: Informationsdienst

Lots of customization

Bewertet am 3.11.2020

Better planning, better collaboration, transparancy and clarity!

Better planning, better collaboration, transparancy and clarity!

Love the jira integration, the flexibility to setup your own fields, views. Good pricing, value for money!

I'm missing the option to get user feedback on ideas generated by our customers.

Miles
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Focused and pricey

Bewertet am 1.4.2023

Easy to use, results look good, intuitive.

Premium price for a very focused and limited product.

Jon
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Easy to use and easy to communicate to my stakeholders

Bewertet am 8.1.2020

Roadmunk was super easy to use from Day 1. It was easy for me to update my roadmap and make it easily understood to my internal stakeholders. Even better, because it is a web app, I don't have to constantly refresh a PowerPoint that would get lost on someone's drive, or worse -- be shared without my permission. That alone is worth the money. Since a roadmap is a living thing, having it live is way better than trapping it in a presentation.

Sometimes it was buggy and you'd click and nothing happened. Also, when working on a laptop the fonts were small and it wasn't always easy to edit all the info.

Filip
Filip
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

A nice timeline, but not great

Bewertet am 24.5.2019

It's not easy to use, seems easy but isn't, a good part is that it looks nice to put it on a business plan or whatever

Well as said the software is not easy to use, and offer one feature, timeline, oh and also something similar to kanban view but not really kanban

Greg
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great Planning Tool!

Bewertet am 2.4.2019

Roadmunk has helped us by providing a broad landscape view of all of our products, with the ability to drill down and see the details of each project and its scope. We do not regret purchasing Roadmunk and would not have the concise view of our products needed without it!

No cons to report as far as this planning tool is concerned, we have been happy with the product.

• Branche: Hausmeisterservice
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Roadmunk: The Project-Planning tool that's as powerful as the time you put into it.

Bewertet am 14.1.2020

Positive. We don't use it much at all, but it's a useful tool for project management.

Roadmunk is useful for visualizing timelines and milestones for just about any project you decide to use it for, though it's probably best-used for IT purposes.

There can be issues with timeline visualization when going between a spreadsheet with all of your projects, milestones, and dependencies, and translating that to timeline format.

Jennifer
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen

New user

Bewertet am 16.4.2021

So far so good. As our project progresses I'm sure I'll use more of the features.

I like that its sharable and easily editable. We have a large team for a project and everyone can see when tasks are scheduled

I'm a new user so I haven't explored all the functions. Everything seems to be them when I'm ready, but my only critique are the colors avaialble.