Patriot Accounting Erfahrungen

Victor
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Great!

Bewertet am 21.1.2021

my overall experience with Patriot Accounting it has been amazing! I literaly started my own business with them!

this is a great product for someone that is either new to the accounting business, there is a "how to" video in every part of the software.

there is not much to say about this topic, however some older generation would appreciate a desktop version

Jeff
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great Price. Not intuitive, but gets the job done

Bewertet am 15.9.2020

Patriot seems like a payroll company which later added accounting. The payroll module is so easy to use and they appear to have thought of everything. The accounting module is much more quirky and seems a bit haphazzard. But their people are friendly and accomodating, so hopefully, they will up their game on the accounting side. From a price standpoint, you can't beat them for an on-line program that can be shared among users (staff, bookkeeper, attorneys, etc).

We switched from QuickBooks and that process was fairly easy, along with great support from Patriot. That's the best part of the software - the people at Patriot. They are prompt, attentive, and seem genuinely interested in improving their product. A close second is the Payroll product. It is ridiculously easy to use and far less expensive the most other on-line payroll services.

It is not intuitive. For example, if you just want to look at your general checkbook ledger, you cannot just click on an icon. You have to go to reports and then find the one that says "account balances." There are a number of things that make sense after you do them (voiding or deleting a check is a multistep process), but it's frustrating trying to find them. One of the biggest head scratchers is that printing a three-part check only prints on two parts of the check. That seems like a pretty basic item to fix, but it's still only two-parts.

QuickBooks Payroll

Warum Patriot Accounting gewählt wurde

We decided to be entirely in the cloud, so Desktop Enterprise was not going to cut it. We looked at Intuit's online programs, but had sticker shock, especially with the payroll module. We only have two people getting paid via payroll, so it seemed excessive to pay Intuit's prices. We also did not need the myriad features Quick Books offer, as we have fairly simple accounting and payroll needs. We went looking for other on-line solutions and really liked Patriot's design, cost, ease for switching over, and people. We are hoping the accounting program becomes easier and more user-friendly.

Zuvor genutzte Software

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Patriot Accounting

Patriot's payroll is easier to use and far less expensive than Intuit's. And we did not need all the bells and whistles that Intuit offers, so Patriot seemed like the right solution.
Jocelyn
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Great Customer Service

Bewertet am 29.3.2024

With every program, it takes a bit to figure out the flow. I am still struggling with the reports and reconciling my bank statements, which was never a problem before. Fortunately, the customer service is amazing. I've spent many hours with them.

The customer service is incredibly helpful.

The software is challenging if you do not have an accounting background.

Craig
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Basic Accounting Software, but it gets the job done

Bewertet am 12.1.2021

Very good. The customer service is superb. They answer the phone and are very helpful. If they don't know an answer, they find it out and get back to you. Email support is good too. The software is pretty basic compared to Quickbooks but if you don't need all those fancy features as I don't, it gets the job done. And the price is much better than Quickbooks. They have a bank reconciliation module, but I don't use it. Highly recommend for small businesses.

Started out on the package almost 5 years ago. It was pretty basic then, Patriot has added a steady stream of features to it each year. We don't use a lot of them however. I like the dashboard. If you are using the Payroll module, it's totally seamless integration. No frills accounting but that's ok because that's all I need.

Can't put a check number on a Quick Pay when you are running it. I use manual checks and there's not way to do that, except by putting the check number in the notes. If you are using printed check stock, that would not be an issue. Reporting is a little thin, but it gets the job done. The Financial statement is a little weird how it calculates owner's equity but my accountant reviewed the numbers and said it is correct. If you have accrued liabilities, They use "modified cash basis" which it also odd vs. Cash Basis. No Statement available to send out to customers.

QuickBooks Online und Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Patriot Accounting

Mainly cost, and the Payroll integration. They do full service payroll at a very competitive monthly rate.
Shawn
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Leave Quickbooks and never look back

Bewertet am 3.4.2023

The Onboarding team for new customers is the highest level of customer support I have every experienced. As an owner and administrator I have implemented dozens of software platforms over the past 25 years. This is the best customer support I have ever found.

Customer support by [sensitive content hidden] are the best.

I like everything about Patriot compared to Quickbooks

FreshBooks und QuickBooks Online

Warum Patriot Accounting gewählt wurde

Intuit was billing us $479.00 per month for a service that was supposed to be annual. We spent three months trying to resolve this issue with Intuit/Quickbooks and received nothing but frustration and more billing from them. We had been a customer of theirs for 17 years on both payroll and Quickbooks Desktop Pro.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Patriot Accounting

The customer support during the free trial is amazing. [sensitive content hidden] have the highest level of the Patriot Accounting and Payroll platform.
Edward
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to use and responsive customer service

Bewertet am 6.1.2021

I do not use Patriot Accounting

I do not use Patriot Accounting

This software is easy to set up and even easier to use. I work for a small firm with only a couple of employees. Our payroll needs are fairly simple and Patriot is intuitive and has robust information available when needed.

There is nothing I dislike about Patriot. I guess it would be nice if there was a mobile app that allowed me to run payroll remotely from my desktop.

QuickBooks Payroll

Warum Patriot Accounting gewählt wurde

Paychex was far more expensive and required a lot more effort to do the things I need to do, so when I became the person in charge of dealing with payroll at our firm, I wanted to find an inexpensive option that was straight forward.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Patriot Accounting

I have always found Quickbooks to be overly complicated and not intuitive at all. We still use it to track our income and expenses to give to our accountants. While it seems like there are infinite ways to generate financial reports, that process always seems way more time consuming than it needs to be and often doesn't give me the info I'm looking for the first time, so I need to try several different reports before I get what I want.
Dawn
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Patriot is Great Value for the money.

Bewertet am 15.5.2023

It has been a great experience using this software compared to other high dollar programs.

Once the software was figured out it was easy to maneuver around the program and get where you want to be. Very user friendly and a great value.

Sometimes the plaid link to the bank accounts can glitch and then you have to re link it.

Brittany
  • Branche: Automotive

GREAT SOFTWARE

Bewertet am 22.12.2020

I AM HAPPY WITH THIS SOFTWARE AND MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL

I AM HAPPY WITH THIS SOFTWARE AND MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL

PATRIOT SOFTWARE MAKES IT EASY TO PAY EMPLOYEES, KEEP UP WITH INVOICES, AND PAY OUR VENDORS IN A TIMELY MANNER.

SOMETIMES IF A CHECK IS ISSUED IN ERROR, IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DELETE THAT PAYMENT, ONLY VOID IT.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Patriot Accounting

WE DECIDED TO GO WITH PATRIOT BECAUSE IT WAS MORE USER FRIENDLY AND HAD EVERYTHING WE NEEDED.

Antwort von Patriot Software

Thanks Brittany! We love when our customers realize the benefit of having both accounting and payroll software under one login! We appreciate you sharing your experience!

Radena
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Software for our small company

Bewertet am 5.8.2022

This software helps in seeing the overall picture of where we are in the company. From accounting to having it linked with our bank, to invoicing. I haven't found anything that I don't like about it.

I really love the Invoicing feature. It is so easy to use. Once you get everything set up in the startup. you never have to worry again.

For our small company I haven't found anything wrong with this software. I didn't have to integrate from another software.

Scott
Scott
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Patriot Accounting Software

Bewertet am 15.1.2021

I like easy access , i have had no real issues and easily used reports to fill out taxes

mostly use it for Billing and payroll, I love the feature that I can now pay subs through the Payroll tool

adding new accounts is not logical and I have had trouble adding balance sheet account groups

Christopher
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

Needs many small improvements

Bewertet am 7.10.2022

Everything I need is there all the way through payroll.

Poor User Interface and function design. Example 1: Should be able to get a list of unpaid invoices with one click. Right now, it requires me to input a date range. Date range should be an option, not a requirement. Small thing that adds up over time. I look at lists like that one everytime I log on. Ex 2: Invoices require per hour or per unit. I do not wish to communicate projects to my clients in this way. Would like to freely input amounts per my description to my clients. Ex 3: I've had lots of trouble with imported transactions. You must add a memo field per transaction! Not sure what else to recommend specifically. Hopeful you will continue to evaluate and redesign how that is done.

Jay
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It plugs into daily business

Bewertet am 28.4.2022

We need to be up to the minute aware of what our financial status is, with a streamlined way to invoice our customers, and a responsible way to document all activity.

Patriot Software Accounting offers all of the reporting we need for daily and monthly tasks. It is very clear how the charts of accounts integrate into the structure of our company.

It would make a lot more tactile sense to make the daily accounting work from a register type of interface. Using a General Ledger, then notating credits and debit columns, is a slower and less intuitive way to perform transactions than a single entry, customizable register would be. A register-based interface option would provide a far greater sense of user control and confidence.

Dave
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Review needs and not just costs

Bewertet am 12.10.2022

There is no guessing. The portal will ask pointed questions to properly distribute costs and income appropriately.

Compared to what we had from other online service (QuickBooks) they ask a ton of questions, not only for current, but from previous entries. It was certainly an adjustment, although the results should be much better for all affected parties.

Duane
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Fair value for benefits and peace of mind

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

Patriot has helped with organizing and tracking how much an account has received or spent for a year total. If there is any issues customer support has been friendly and supportive in helping resolve the issue quickly.

Pay roll tax filing eases worries and makes business functionality easier The availability of having a support staff to call with questions is amazing.

Adjusting the bank totals to match the starting values. When printing checks you are unable to add things in the memo line.

Warum Patriot Accounting gewählt wurde

Cost effectiveness and tax filing benefits.

Cost, Funding sources, Ease of use advertising
Nancy
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

accounting

Bewertet am 13.1.2021

While I like the initial attempt Patriot has with their software and really liked that they even did a zoom call with me a few months back to get my ideas on what I'd like to see, it's still just not as functional as I'm needing for accounting software. I was hoping to stop using my old software just so I could consolidate programs a bit, but the functionality is just not there yet, and my current accounting software has all the features I need (and it's free, so that's a plus.)

I liked that I could categorize different items and link to both credit cards and bank accounts

I did not like that I could not bulk-categorize transactions, even when they were identical like a recurring charge. I also would like to be able to manage multiple businesses from the same account.

William
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Good but could be better

Bewertet am 8.10.2022

My overall experience with patriot is there a great customer service for the software is limited.

The features that are most impactful was the accounting and storing receipts and documents.

Invoice layout needs work, and some updates took away features that were useful.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Patriot Accounting

Pricing was much better than other payroll software
Megan
  • Branche: Restaurants
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great Accounting Package Solution!

Bewertet am 17.10.2022

Month end closes take less than an hour, everything is very user friendly and I have the ability to export or create every report I need. Specifically, having the ability to export my monthly GL to compare month to month, qtr to qtr, is incredibly helpful and saves me a ton of time.

I don't have anything that I don't care for.

Nichole
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

WE LOVE PATRIOT

Bewertet am 15.9.2020

We switched from QuickBooks to Patriot in May, and we are SO HAPPY we made the switch! Patriot is able to do everything that QuickBooks can, but for a much more reasonable price. Patriot also does a lot of things automatically that you would have to manually enter for QuickBooks. Patriot has made my job a lot easier!

Automatic features (i.e. transaction rules), clean design, free of clutter! Also, LOVE Patriot's customer service! <3

I was emailing Patriot support about this - but we would really appreciate the ability to send invoices to customers and charge their credit card (instead of having the customer fill it out). We have customers that we charge every month and would love to be able to do that through Patriot, we're currently using mHelpDesk

Mark
  • Branche: Baumaterial

Like this software

Bewertet am 12.10.2022

Very good. I like this one better than others out there.

Very good. I like this one better than others out there.

Can send our customers estimates and invoices directly from the software. Customers can pay directly also, or we can select not to pay by CC if desired. All of our accounting needs in one software makes it easier for our accountants.

We use a lot of symbols when creating estimates and invoices. Symbols such as inches, feet, dashes. The software cannot read them correctly, and then weird symbols get put in their place, thus making us have to redo and alter how we would like to have our estimates/invoices read. Also, we sometimes need to put a long description for our product, and in some areas the character amounts are limited and all of it will not fit. Another thing is, when an estimate is "Accepted" by our customer, thus then being converted to an invoice, the project notes do not transfer over to the invoice, as the content of the estimate does.

Greg
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy for the busy person that works and manages their business.

Bewertet am 13.4.2023

Accounting reports are professional and concise.

Accounting reports are professional and concise.

Easily keeps track of accts payables, payroll liabilities, and all other expense accounts.

I am not an accountant or even a bookkeeper, but I fill these rolls in my business. It appears a few IRS forms are not available and I would like a feature to keep track of self employment tax and estimated tax payments that may be due to help me better meet my tax responsibilities.

Matthew
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Love it.

Bewertet am 18.4.2023

positive

positive

Easy and almost idiot proof. I learned how to operate the software in minutes

I would like to be able to have my customers pay online. The company that did it for Patriot, was hard to deal with. That was a few months ago.

Ease of use. Customer support

Zuvor genutzte Software

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Claire
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Patriot accounting and payroll software

Bewertet am 28.1.2020

Overall Patriot has been responsive, easy to use and has saved me time with taxes. I don't think they have as many features developed yet as QuickBooks and that may cause me to switch but I'm happy for now

Patriot is extremely user friendly for someone who is new to accounting and small business. I've been mostly able to figure it all out by myself, and when I do need help their customer support team is awesome. I love their feature to pay taxes for is and it is well worth the price so I dont have to worry about it.

One thing that I dislike about this software specifically for a painting business is that if I have an employee working interior and exterior hours within the same pay period , there's no way (that I'm aware of) to use a multitude of L&I codes for different hours when I run payroll.

Kent
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Still using Patriot Software after 5+ years

Bewertet am 11.1.2021

With built-in time card management, I can print payroll in minutes plus free hassle-free direct deposit it just makes it easier to run the company.

Easy to use, functionality that fits my needs.

Still don't have a mobile app, no big deal.

Gusto und Xero

It just fits my needs.
Debbie
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Bewertet am 14.1.2021

I love the name, and love that it can produce my payroll easily. Every interaction with one of your employees has been successful and satisfactory.

PS easily helps me to accomplish producing my Payroll and tracking the financial history of my employees.
I greatly appreciate that there is always a person to talk with within five minutes of when I called. There is no substitute for that. They are knowledgeable, friendly and always helpful.

Since I am somebody coming not coming from a financial background at all it would’ve been helpful to give me a list of what I needed to do when I first signed up that would walk me through how to accomplish my goals, instead, I had to put the pieces of the puzzle together myself. It all did turn out fine but it was stressful for me.

Also, there is no one report that will show me on a daily or weekly or even monthly Basis just on a single line what each of my employees brings in, gross income.

I’ve not been able to get assistance figuring out how to do that so I have to do it on a separate ledger myself.

Laura

Simple and Straightforward Accounting Software

Bewertet am 18.9.2023

Patriot saves me a lot of time because I'm complete my accounting and billing tasks quicker than on our old system.

The migration process to Patriot was very simple and straightforward. The reports are great and some we are able to customize to meet our needs through filters. Recording payments is simple, and running payroll is a breeze.

I don't like that I have to open each invoice individually to print them. I would like the ability to select multiple invoices to open at the same time to print. When we invoice our clients, we typically do them in batches and printing each one separately is time consuming.