Little Hotelier

Der Support vom Siteminder ist nicht hilfreich

Linda P.

A BREATH OF FRESH AIR

Bewertet am 20.4.2018

Peace of Mind, StressFREE, Happy working with them and Relief!

From the Outset, the Sales Representative was incredible informative, honest, and consistently followed through every step of the way.
The website on extranet looks professional, is user friendly, has everything that we need ...
The Support (whilst on a FREE TRIAL) is OUTSTANDING.
We went through a painLESS few day process that took the previous Channel Manager months to get right (and they only managed to perfect two OTAs, after a lot of PAIN) ...
At first I was very reluctant to spend more on this service ,and now I am so delighted that I listened to the rep, made the much-needed change over to SiteMinder, and that I that have been and still am working with the rep

There are no cons at this stage ...
We have a Wix website and used two of their "preferred" channel managers (they "sacked Myallocator who were really good and then contracted with HotelRunner, who were an absolute nightmare to work with, for six months . The comparison goes without having to say anything more (read the above "Pros")

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your great feedback.

We are thrilled that you have had such a positive experience with your SiteMinder sales representative and our support team!

Thanks again and please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

The team @ SiteMinder

Marlon N.

Great channel manager & user-friendly

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

The property I manage online is displaying live availability 24/7 across many channels, including Airbnb which is becoming a popular OTA. Room rates can easily be adjusted for specific periods. Overall this is one of best systems ever and very user friendly, which is very important.

It is so easy to setup; from adding a new channel to the mapping process. Rates can easily be configured for specific room types and channels, unlike others which are not so flexible.

Does not have HBSi connectivity. Some channels such as Flight Centre, Apple Leisure Group/Mark Travel Corporation connect via HBSi and I am using Synxis for this.

Hi Marlon,

First of all, thank you for letting us be part of your journey! And thank you for your thoughtful feedback.

We're so pleased to hear that you find our systems efficient and user-friendly, and that you understand our passion for improving your service and customer experience everyday! Customers like you make it all worthwhile.

We appreciate your feedback and will take to our product team as we are always looking to improve our user experience. So thanks for sharing, and thanks for trusting us to be your partner.

Sally N.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Worst Customer Support!

Bewertet am 1.8.2019

Worst customer service.

Easy for basic use, no installation cost, reasonably priced. This is where the pros stop.

The customer support!! The worst I have experienced. In fact it is non existent. Since years I have been trying to get a rate loaded, and I was not getting anywhere. I follow the steps and it says its loaded, but when client tries to use the rate code, they cannot. So they tell us they don't see the rate code. Anyways I gave up, since it was taking up too much of my time and getting nowhere. A few months ago, I ran into the same contractual issue with client, who insisted I load the rate code. This time, (due to my previous experience), I delegated the job to another colleague of mine and was hoping she would have a different experience. But no, she was given the same run around and got nowhere. She has given up too. We are still without that rate loaded, and don't think it ever will be. Not with siteminder at least.

Hi Sally,

Thank you for your honest feedback, Sally. I am so sorry that you felt that you didn't receive the level of support needed to resolve the issue on rate codes to your satisfaction.

I have personally escalated this to our highest levels of support to get back to you within the next two hours to make sure we truly listen to how we can help an important customer like yourself. We want to ensure you receive the support you deserve and meet the standards we normally provide to our customers.

Don B.

SiteMinder Proper is Good, GDS...not so much

Bewertet am 23.10.2019

SiteMinder proper is a positive experience.

The flat fee makes it easy to budget and not have to analyze/verify/reconcile every month.

The SiteMinder program works well. My praises for GDS by SiteMinder are less, as its major functionality flaw for me is that travel agent information does not load into my reservations, creating a nightmare to keep staff trained and abreast of how to work-around this major deficiency.

Hi Don,

First of all, thank you letting us be part of your journey! And thank you for your thoughtful feedback.

We're so pleased to hear that you find our products user-friendly and time saving, and that you understand our passion for improving your service and customer experience everyday!

We are always looking feedback on how to improve so we'll be taking back your feedback to our product team. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts.

In the meantime, we regularly release products and updates which you can check out on the SiteMinder Release page here: https://help.siteminder.com/s/Releases?language=en_US

We have more exciting updates coming in the meantime, so stay tuned and we hope that these improvements will make life easier for you, Don.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products.

Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner!

Ines C.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

The best product with the worst service

Bewertet am 18.6.2019

It is amazing until there is an issue!

User friendly channel manager that links to the main partners. Efficient and fast communication. Very good tool to keep parity across the channels. Refresh restriction and rates as fast as our direct website. Functionalities are great!

Support service! The tool is great until there is an issue. Then it become a nightmare to have things done. Even the smallest request seems to difficult to execute.
Also, it would be amazing if Siteminder would be able to apply seasons to the rate plans.

Hi Ines,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your insightful feedback and always take your suggestions to heart. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us didn't live up to our usual standards. Many of our 30,000 customers enjoy contacting us so to learn that this wasn't the case for you was disappointing.

I wanted to let you know that seasonal rate plans are a possibility for you listed under your "inventory" tab. Using the "bulk update" tool, you can apply a seasonal rate plan to a specific room according a predetermined date range of your choice. Once this is activated, the rate plan will automatically switch on/off according to the dates you have set.

Hopefully this helps you apply seasonal rate plans to The Set Hotels but please don't hesitate to reach out if you're still having trouble!

Anthony S.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Do your homework, check them out before commiting as to price and function

Bewertet am 11.2.2021

We entered on a 30 day free trial, then 6 months 1/2 price, 6 months full price. There is a sense as you go further down the track of total commitment and no escape as considerable time committed to set-up and link the channels. With an extensive background in both IT and major Hotel PMS systems, we found key reporting and functionality missing. When the full monthly cost hit, we viewed the product as unviable.
The Canvas website template is very poor and expensive.

The calendar integration to multiple channels is essential by methods other than iCal. This one feature changes the picture for any operation with more than one channel. In the end, this was the only attractive feature.

My personal experience was the product is not at all intuitive, in other words you had to ask lots of questions rather than figure it out for yourself. Support and personnel are unresponsive to client suggestions when problems or difficulties encountered. Simple questions often take days for response.
With 1-5 rooms, very expensive when you consider revenue versus accumulated expenses for this plus OTA commissions, payment discounts, housekeeping etc. No meaningful reports for revenue, Mobile app on Android was useless, had to use the browser version.

Miss leanne S.
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

DO NOT USE FOR HOLIDAY LETS : COWBOYS WITH CONTRACTS

Bewertet am 2.4.2021

Sales person who tells you what you want to hear. This product doesnt work for holiday lets. And absolutely not as it states for 'Little' companies at all.

Constantly told

'I will refer that to product development' - which has no answer or time scale to the problem and apparently zero guarantee of it being changed.

4 weeks of effort, I decide to cancel (within my 30 day trial) buy another product (which took 24 hours to install and set up) then I get a bill for £600 and a development person contacts me so I can help him understand the issues, wanting explanations screen shots etc (I have already sent this ).

The front desk is impressive if you had a small hotel. I was sold the product for a holiday let company, given a free trial and invoiced a full £600 because I made it live to test (the only way to test is to make it live).

This software is for a fledgling company, I run another company that turns over £20mill, I am not a stranger to software.

The invoicing just doesn't work. The only option if you take a deposit is 'pay at property' . Also if you take payments yourself and not with their products - the invoice will not update the amounts correctly.

All invoices were wrong in amount and direction to the customer how to pay.

My communication emails to guests says 'Pay at property' - Support told me just write somewhere else on the email that they should ignore that and what they should really do.

Moyyed D.

Leading Channel Manager

Bewertet am 23.4.2019

I have been using Siteminder for quite a while now and it has proved to be one of the most robust channel management softwares for the hotels. Here's how I am going to break down the Pro's of Siteminder :

1- Simple and Easy to Use
2- Supports many big, mid-size and small OTA's.
3. Reservation & Yield reports.
4. Connectivity with multiple Property Management Systems.
5. It's definitely cost-effective
6. Easy to set-up rooms, rate plans and map them.

Apart from all the good things mentioned above Siteminder still needs improvement in certain areas. The thing that I like the least about them are as follows :

1. Customer Support is terrible and very rarely would you get a first call resolution.
2. GDS by Siteminder is not being managed efficiently, the staff seems to have very little information on how GDS works.
3. Their turn around and on-boarding time sometimes take weeks.

Hi Moyyed,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We have escalated this to our management and customer success teams who will be in touch as soon as possible.

We can assure you that your support contact is currently working very closely with representatives from our product team to review your suggestions and feedback.

Zanneta B.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great product, less than average support service

Bewertet am 18.4.2018

Great software for hoteliers who wants to reach a global audience. Will save a lot of time, especially if you want to offer many different rates and length of stay. Not expensive at all.
Give you ability to connect to so many different booking sites around the world in no time.
Another great thing is - they have their own PMS (LittleHotelier).

The support service. No words... Having problem during a weekend? Oh, sorry we have no one in the office you can speak about, leave a message... What?
Response time for created cases is slow. Accounting: if you have several hotels: your bills could be mixed up easily.
After being with them for 7 years quit only because of support service. Still do feel sad about that as I loved the software. Now we are using other software and each time I receive an answer from new software support in less then one hour I remember how I was waiting for SiteMinder answers for days!

Hi Zanneta,
Thanks so much for your feedback and taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that you loved our product and found it so easy to use. We were disappointed to hear that our support didn't meet your expectations. The good news is that we improve our support service all the time and should you wish to come back to SiteMinder in the future, we'd love to chat to you about your experience. We hope your properties continue to be successful.
Thanks again,
Clare @ SiteMinder

• Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Affordable Channel Manager but Support is Lacking!

Bewertet am 4.12.2018

Overall Siteminder does what it needs to do and when everything is working as it should, the system is great, saves a lot of time and speeds up processes.

For larger organisations that operate at high occupancies, it is inevitable that in occasions overbookings can come in.

Great all round system when everything is going well.

Support is very slow with a lot of chasing required.

When things don’t go right and an error has been made between the PMS and channel manager a lot of finger pointing can happen.

On some channels, some information like email addresses cant be delivered to the PMS.

Hi there,

Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We really appreciate your comments and we're sorry to hear that your experience with us didn't live up to our usual standards. Many of our 30,000 customers enjoy contacting us so to learn that this wasn't the case for you was disappointing.

Kindly let me know if there's anything else I can help you with to give you a great experience with Siteminder.

We thank you again for trusting us as a customer and look forward to solving your issues.

Best,

Cynthia W.

Very user friendly.

Bewertet am 13.2.2020

We were looking for one product with which to manage our inventory for several different OTAs. This is what SiteMinder does beautifully. We are also able to offer unique specials on our own site by using Channel Manager as our booking engine.

The only criticism is minor. When using the calendar feature in the RESERVATIONS menu to jump to a specific date, after entering the start date, you must also go back to the last calender and page forward to the required finish date. For example, if it is Feb and you want to look at arrivals in August, after selecting the "From Date" of 08/01, the "To Date" does not automatically change to August, but remains in Feb until manually moved to August.

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. We can pass along your feedback to our product team related to the calendar.

We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and updates which you can check out on the SiteMinder Release page here: https://help.siteminder.com/s/Releases?language=en_US

It's excellent that you've gotten great results using the product! Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile.

Dick C.

useful, but improvable

Bewertet am 24.10.2019

The channel manager gave me flexibility to change prices regularly according to availibility of rooms and market changes. The bookingbutton gaves possibility to integrate direct hotel bookings into the system, although it hardly generates them. The accessibility to support is quite good and personal, although with some delayment exceptions.

gives good and simple overviews of daily availability and prices of roooms
recepcionists can feed the information, with specific user permits
offers connection with all OTAs important to us (and works on connecting with new ones)
once they helped to establish connection with an OTA, which besides gave me a discount on their commissions

it logs out very fast, so sometimes you have to fill out the same information twice, which is annoying
it doesn´t registrate allways cancelled reservations
regarding the bookingbutton, it doesn´t give a lot of direct bookings. Not sure how it is possible to improve this.

Hi Dick,

Thank you for letting us be part of your journey! And thank you for your thoughtful thorough feedback.

We're so pleased to hear that you find our products helpful and time saving, and that you understand our passion for improving your service and customer experience everyday! Customers like you make it all worth while.

We have more exciting updates coming in the meantime, so stay tuned and we hope that these improvements will make life easier for you, Dick.

Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner!

Christina O.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Suite of tools to effectively manage a boutique hotel or a large resort

Bewertet am 9.3.2018

Many.

1. The channel manager is very stable!! We have less than 1% of issues and even then there emails or the Siteminder extranet that we can easily double check.
2. Prophet is easy to use and pretty accurate. The weekly summary could have some improvements, like a percentage of rate increase or decrease of each of our designated competitors.
3. Booking button - That it is tied into the Channel Manager and Canvas makes it so easy. It is specific for hotels so it has all of the data needed. Super easy to build out a promotion or edit content. One suggestion, the ability to note a price drop, right on the rate.
4. Canvas - Again very easy to use!! Because it is designed specifically for hotels it has all of the necessary pages and some.
5. Siteminder has also recently partnered with TripTease-a website chat, pop-up promotion and rate comparison tool that you paste a script that Triptease provides onto your Canvas webpages. It's another added bonus. I have definitely seen an increase in reservations since we implemented it.

Having the entire SiteMinder suite of products has reduced our time spent managing reservations and has provided a brand presence that truly reflects our vision of a boutique hotel. Canvas has also improved the quality of guest interaction with our website, they are spending more time in areas like rooms, gallery and attractions. The pages are right there on the homepage easy for them to find and the layout is cleaner and more inviting to browse.

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your great feedback.

We are thrilled that you have had such a positive experience with our suite of products.

It's exciting to hear that our website builder, Canvas has improved your hotel's website as it is such an important channel for any hotel.

Thanks again and please let us know if we can be of any assistance.

The team @ SiteMinder

Fatima A.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Best choice we made for a channel manager !

Bewertet am 23.8.2019

We had a different channel manager when we started our business, it worked just fine but it had a lot of issues, & then we started looking, & we compared & tried demos for different channel managers, until we found siteminder, to be honnest we loved the sales person, they were convincing & we found everything we needed in Siteminder, they were very helpful during the mapping of rates & availability with all our partners, & they were very professional, working with us day & night until everything worked perfectly.

They send emails whenever there is an issue & they resolve it in impressive delays, we never had issues with Siteminder honestly, it was perfect since day one, & it still is, the most unfortunate thing is that we compare all our other partners to Siteminder & it's hard to settle once you tried the best!

Availability of customer service is incredible, their very knowledgeable & will answer any question you have, never failed to respond to me in the whole year we have been working with Siteminder, they are very professional & will answer you in the best delays.

None, everything works perfectly for the time being

Hi Fatima,

Thanks so much for taking time out to review us! We are thrilled to hear that you've gotten such great results using our products. We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience.

We value the feedback we receive from our customers and are continuously looking for ways to improve our service, so thanks again for taking the time to share this with us. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products.

Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile :)

Phillip R.

Ok unless you need Support

Bewertet am 23.8.2019

The Bookingbutton from Siteminder is the worst we have come accross. It is less than ok: The mobile embed widget doesn't display properly and we have been in touch with Siteminder but after a month of them knowing about the issue this has still not been resolved. You don't have a choice of Payment Gateways in Europe other than Paypal - which is terrible. Siteminder could be so much better if they improved their customer service. At the moment we would not recommend using them at all.

Simple to use interface and most of the time very self-explanatory.

Customer Support is the worst. Whenever you need help you will receive a standard E-Mail reply and issues will not be resolved in a timely manner.

Hi Philip,

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear about your outstanding issues with the mobile embedded widget and that you felt you have not received the highest level of support to resolve the issues promptly. This is certainly not the usual for our more than 35,000 happy customers.

We have escalated this to our management and customer success teams who have been in touch.

Good news regarding Payment Gateways-We've built a great new payment feature to give your property a quick and secure way to accept online payments from all major credit and debit cards. The new payment processing through SiteMinder Payments will be available at the start of September for all regions.

If there's anything else I can do, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Sally N.

Ok for the Price

Bewertet am 21.12.2018

Since we do not depend a lot on the online reservations (we do more contract and group business), the low flat price is good for us.

The flat rate for the Channel Manager, so we are not paying for each reservation that comes thru the channel manager. But then we signed up for GDS thru them, thinking it was the same way, but it turned out they are charging heavy fees for the GDS reservations.

Customer Support. Terrible.... Hard to get anyone to help you. Don't know who to call. They are based out of Australia, and I dont think they have a very strong support system for their US clients. I have been trying to get a rate loaded, and haven't had much help.
Another thing I definitely do not like is that we cannot provide a link for our group business to book directly. If we do, then there is a heavy fee I think. So we prefer

Hi Sally,

Thank you so much for your review and frank feedback. I've escalated this immediately to our Support team who will be in touch with you directly ASAP.

Mei

Hans N.
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Works as expected, tons of integrations

Bewertet am 18.7.2018

Simplifies my life, a lot.

Tons of integrations, at a pretty much fixed price. Lots of others charges per reservation, per connection, or whatever, but Siteminder only charges per room. Nothing else. It's super clear and transparent.

Interface is fairly easy to use. I especially like that you can choose to resend a failed reservation, which usually fixes any problems.

In general, Siteminder rarely causes problems, and there's very little I need to contact support about.

It still functions as a middle-man. Lots of new PMSs are offering integrated Channel Managers, and they will be more native, which will inherently have an advantage over traditional Channel Managers.

Another thing is there support is super slow. You have to submit a ticket and wait for them to get back to you. Good thing though is that there is VERY little I had ever needed to contact them about.

A few connections I'd like to see a better connection with, in particular HostelWorld and HotelTonight.

Antwort von SiteMinder Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for the great feedback - really pleased you enjoy using our technology. We'd love to hear more about how we can improve on those two connections so feel free to send an email to info@siteminder.com and we'll direct your comments to the right place.
Thanks again!

Good overall experience with SiteMinder

Easy to Use, No. of Channels, Fast & Accurate

- Less Informative Dashboard
- Limited Reports
- No Auto-Generated Report (send through via email)

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for letting us be part of your journey! And thank you for your thoughtful feedback.

We're so pleased to hear that you find our system user friendly and efficient, and that you understand our passion for improving your service and customer experience everyday!

Wayan S.

Excellent Channel manager

Bewertet am 5.8.2016

If we request for accessing rate plan for New Online Agent, Siteminder Team immediately respond our inquiry. The Extranet in Siteminder is easy to use. We can know a lot of Online Agents which have been joining with Siteminder.com so that we can contact several of the potential Online Agents operators to make contract agreement . Siteminder.com give us flexible payment process. Indeed we have enjoyed to make working relationship with Siteminder.com. We are very satisfied with the Channel manager.

Updated rates and room availability

Increase or decrease the percentage of ROOM RATES in Channel's menu

Hi Wayan,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it.

We are glad to hear you are enjoying your experience with SiteMinder.

We have taken your feedback on board regarding room rate percentage changes, we will keep you updated.

Regards,
The Team at SiteMinder

Maureen D.

I have used siteminder for 9 years.

Bewertet am 21.3.2018

The software itself has never failed.

The desktop version has always worked well. I changed to resonline a few years ago but found their software to be unreliable.

The mobile version has a lot of problems. It is difficult to change any details once entered as in dates, number of people. It displays the lowest starting price rather than the cost you are about to pay, it then displays the cost on the next step in tiny font which is very misleading. When you select the payment details it glitches and the page can not be closed for finalize payment or go back.

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for your feedback, we are constantly trying to improve our product experience for our customers and this feedback is very valuable.

I have spoken with our product team for TheBookingButton and they have informed me that they are currently reviewing the design and user-flow and will be leveraging user feedback and user testing to validate and improve.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

If you have any further questions please do let me know.

Kaitlyn @ SiteMinder

Javier V.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The very best channel manager out there

Bewertet am 17.1.2020

Managing multiple distribution channels individually could be a very daunting task. this helps streamline that process

It love the versatility the Channel Manager has. Very easy to set up new room types, connect to new channels, and creating rates amongst other things. I just love using Siteminder

My least liked feature of this platform is probably their booking engine. It's very archaic and not very user friendly. I wish they improve this part sometime soon.

Hi Javier,

First of all, thanks so much for taking time out to review us! It's excellent to hear that you've gotten great results.
We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. We have some exciting updates coming this year, that will directly improve our user-experience with Booking Engine, so stay tuned!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner.

It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile.

Isabell K.

The Channel Manager to connect your hotel

Bewertet am 13.6.2019

Overall we achieved a lot together already. The support for new set-ups is amazing and couldn't be better! From the technical part like developments and features we would be happy for some update of what is in the making.

- ease of use
- very customer friendly
- new features can be suggested and will find recognition
- great & fast support

- some basic functions are still missing like sending MAXLOS / MINLOS to all OTA's
- development of new features seem to take quite a long time - an update on the current developments would be appreciated

Hi Isabell,

First of all, thanks so much for taking time out to review us! We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience.

It's excellent that you've gotten great results using the product! Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. If there is anything else we can do to improve your experience please let us know.

It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Thank you.

Best,

Karu T.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Siteminder Reviews

Bewertet am 4.8.2016

To be honest, I am very satisfied using the product. Except on several occasion certain room
categories have been booked twice despite inventories have been closed on channel manager. Beside these problem, overall it is an excellent product to use

Easy to manage and efficient
Saves time

showing /sending room availability on certain ota channel despite inventory has been closed on
channel manager therefore caused overbooking situation. If channel manager suppose to send real time room availability to all the mapped channels, how could it happend?

As our hotel is in Singapore, we are not able to contact Siteminder's customer support directly during emergencies for advise. Only via emails and it could take few days to resolve the problem.

Hi Karu,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear that we're saving you so much time.

Regarding your overbooking issues, please contact support as soon as or if they arise and we will be able to investigate this for you as it is not a regular occurrence to date.

In any case, we're sorry you didn't receive the usual SiteMinder experience we pride ourselves on and will look to improve.

Please let us know if you have any further feedback on info@siteminder.com.

Regards,
The Team at SiteMinder

Tim P.

The Best Channel Management Solution

Bewertet am 24.7.2019

Range of channels
Range of other apps , PMS and booking engines
Adaptability and flexibility of set up.
Very reliable
Great support
Cost

Wish new feature could be added to Booking engine, such as loyalty scheme or secret rates to help us compete with OTA pricing.

Hi Tim,

We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products. You can check out our latest product releases on the SiteMinder Release page here: