Sling Bewertungen

Employee scheduling & communication for retail & restaurants

4.5/5 (47 Bewertungen)
Jamie W.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great scheduling system for decentralized team

Bewertet am 12.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our schedule and our employees' availabilities are fluid. Sling! is able to keep up without even breaking a sweat.

My employees love the mobile app, which can push reminders about scheduled shifts. I love that my employees show up on time, because Sling! can push reminders about scheduled shifts.

I managed to get by before I discovered Sling!, but I honestly can't remember how. I'm able to spend so much more time doing the work now that I don't have to chase my employees down to get them scheduled to work.

The mobile app is what makes this package great. My employees love the push notifications when new shifts are posted.

We have a variable schedule and a student workforce. Our MO is to post available shifts when we need people to work. Sling! lets our students apply for as many or as few shifts as they like. We can then approve individuals to put our team for the day together based on the skills of those who have applied and the needs of the tasks at hand.

There is no view available that visually groups like time blocks into shifts.

Our shifts don't follow a set schedule, but we often need more than one person to work the same time block on a given day. There are now several features to help you save time when scheduling things like this. For example, you can copy shifts to avoid having to enter all of the same details multiple times, and you can select several different positions when creating a shift, but once created, each person shows up as their own event on the schedule.

If I've got a half dozen different people working for each of four different time blocks on a single day, the calendar starts to get a little overwhelming with 24 separate events represented. If there was a way to group like time blocks into shifts with multiple employees assigned, this example would be down to 4 separate events, which is much easier to quickly get your head around.

Marlesha K.
Mit Google übersetzen

GREAT for managing many employees with unusual/atypical Shifts. Very scaleable, efficiency improves.

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 8.9.2017

So many 'Pros'!! --
- supports multiple work sites/locations.
- supports different employee roles/titles.
- supports large (unlimited?) number of employees.
- can 'deactivate' employees & then reinstate them at a later date (no need to delete the employee's entire profile).
- There are even more 'Pros' that we haven't fully explored yet, such as employees communicating with each other through the app to arrange shift swaps, etc. So much potential!!

I work at a college Math Learning Center where we provide additional assistance to students seeking extra math support. Having a scheduling app/software that can manage many employees with atypical/changing/unusual shifts is crucial!! We employ both full-time permanent staff and temporary students tutors and with our temporary staff we have a lot of turnover as students come-and-go. Thus we have changes to the schedule constantly. So for us, a dynamic system is a must.

The Sling support staff is also very responsive and open to suggestions and ideas. Some of my suggestions have been incorporated, such as being able to included a 'break' duration for a shift which then is subtracted from the shift hour total. These changes have made Sling even more useful! I am so thrilled to have found this FREE scheduling web application. We don't have the budget to pay for a scheduling software/app, yet we needed a tool that could handle our very specific and complicated needs. We found it in Sling!!

- Would like to be able to add more details about each employee, such as customized checkboxes for employee 'expertise'. (There is a 'notes' section for each employee profile, which is nice.)
- Be able to make tags/notes for certain dates, such as 'holiday' or 'extended day' to remind the scheduler of different scheduling needs.
- Have a shift-responsibilities designation option, such as 'Opener' or 'Closer'
- Would like to be able to 'collapse' some of the hours from view and/or designate a viewing window that shows only when our center is open (must be unique by location). Though being able to schedule shifts beyond 'operating hours' is needed (set-up, take-down time) but many hours before and after our operating hours don't need to be displayed.
- Would like there to be a way to designate general staff 'types' (i.e. permanent vs temporary) not just different employee position. A Permanent staff member had additional responsibilities and must be staffed at all times, so being able to look at the shifts of just Permanent staff would be beneficial.
- More customizable options for the print-view.

All these cons, if addressed, would just be icing on the cake. The app, as it is now, is completely functional and covers all the necessities and more!

Mit Google übersetzen

Sling a must to check it out.

Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 18.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My personal feelings after having to pay such high prices for cable channels on the market we just had to drop them. Someone told us about sling and to try it. We love it. We will stick with sling for a long time. And to enjoy all the channels for cheap prices and affordable. Check it out and try it. Highly recommended Sling.

Sling is a great program. We have been with sling for 3 years now. We love sling. It better than spectrum for cable. Sling is way cheaper than any cable on market unless you go annetena. In order to use sling we had to buy roku to get sling for our tv. Sling programs offers very good rates for cable channels and more. Sling also offers dvr for any channel they have. My favorite channel is hallmark. Sling offers 3 hallmark channels that i never knew was on market. So being on a budget this was good buy and reasonable. Just to enjoy sling. I highly recommend it to anyone that is on a budget.

I don't have any complaints or downfall with sling. I am very happy and pleased with sling. I don't know what i do without sling program. It great program and you can't go wrong with sling.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great Scheduling app with tons of potential

Bewertet am 25.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Very easy to use, lots of view options and adjustments, fairly clean interface, amazing features for free.

Amazing that you can drag and drop, use keyboard shortcuts to copy shifts. UI is fairly full featured!

Mobile apps are great, notifications are amazing.

We have multiple managers using Sling, and one annoyance is that we can't see each other's unpublished shifts. We end up using each other's accounts to see and adjust shifts.

The messaging app seems like it would work really well, but we already use another way to communicate (Slack, FB messenger, WhatsApp are all viable and free). Same goes with Tasks and Newsfeed. I would've preferred the Clock in/out as an included feature over Tasks, Messages, and Newsfeed. Beggers can't be choosers though!

I tried to contact Sling for interfaces, but got no response. Would like to know some of the interfaces they've already developed to be in the Premium prices.

John T.
Mit Google übersetzen

Best scheduling app out there

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It truly has been a real asset for our business, I really believe we would be lost without this fantastic software.

Clocking in works great with SLING, scheduling and the employee interaction with the app is fantastic!

Getting use to messaging for help, were all used to calling someone. I found it works great and the response time is quick and responsive.

Rebekah P.
Mit Google übersetzen

Sling - scheduling made easy!

Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, I have really enjoyed Sling. It has helped me keep track of my own personal schedule

Sling makes creating your schedule so easy. Personally, I travel a lot for my job, so being able to track each hour of my day through sling has made things much easier. I also like how easy it is to just request time off for vacation and medical!

Can’t really see other team members shifts, so it makes it hard to keep track of what other team members schedules look like through out the day. It would be great to have more of a view.

Excellent time management tool

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Using Sling, we're able to correspond with our staff more effectively and schedule more efficiently. It keeps payroll costs in budget and keeps employees happy...No complaints!

In my office, we have a different platform already in place for time tracking, but Sling was recommended to us as a scheduling service. It works great! At no cost, we can allow our employees to request hours, we can assign shifts, and we can communicate schedules to our staff. It's helped us to keep our payroll costs in check at no additional cost. If we had the opportunity to switch to Sling for actual time tracking as well, we'd probably consider it.

No cons. I like the features, the interface, and the pricing model. If there's any con at all, it's that Sling can give information so freely that it at times becomes redundant.

Nicole W.

Helpful and Cost Effective

Bewertet am 24.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My company uses the free version of Sling, and for something that is cost free it's really wonderful. It's easy to navigate, and the messaging system has come in handy for us when our main method of communication (Slack) is down. We've tried several other paid and unpaid employee scheduling programs, and Sling has been the best one by far.

The only issue we have is that despite how many times we click "publish all future shifts", we still have to publish each new weeks shifts so that everyone can see. This is a very minor inconvenience though, as it's easy to quickly publish shifts.

Georgeanna C.

Terrific Scheduling/Time Clock Tool

Bewertet am 10.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Sling offers the flexibility to schedule and track staffing for irregular events (catering) with ease. I can also track actual hours worked vs my budget and schedule. Tremendously helpful. Their support has been very responsive, too.

Not much I would change! The only issue my team and I have experienced is that the notifications can be excessive, e.g. if I post a month work of events, staff who are eligible for multiple positions will get dozens of notifications. It'd be nice if there was an option to get a notice of updates, but a digest of the details.

Maddie W.

Sling - Multiple Employee Scheduling

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like sling because of all the different customization options they give you. You can group people by position and schedule them easily. This is he best scheduling app I have used so far. You can see how many hours you've schedule for each position per day and per week and that is very helpful.

One thing I do not like about sling is that adding in the shifts each month/week can get pretty tedious. Also, it is very easy to delete all shifts for one person when you only meant to delete one.

Teresa A.
Mit Google übersetzen

Sling was perfect for our needs

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love being able to completely customize shifts and even have them color coded. Everything was exceptionally easy and didn't require a training day to show employees how to use it. The ability to pull reports for payroll and other financial figures was a huge time-saver for us. Customer service is readily available and even friendly in emails.

I honestly have no complaints and just hope it stays the same a nice long time.

Aurora N.

Sling for Managing Teams

Bewertet am 24.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Has helped me manage a team of 70 with constantly changing shifts (days/times)

Love this products ease of use and ability to manage a large team schedule.
Allos you to code people for different positions, set recurring shift times and even has a group chat to easily send out team notifications ect.
Send each person's schedule directly to their phone. Great for managing a younger demographic.

There is no way for the team member to post a shift for coverage, everything has to be done by the manager (this could also be a pro, depending on what your looking for)

Logan C.

SUPER!

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love it and its been nothing but a benefit to us. Giving us all we need and nothing more and nothing less for a great price

lOVE IT! Cant say enough, ease of use, and bang for the buck! It covers all of our needs and saves us... amn probably 80% of what we were paying for a lesser product

Sometimes it can run slow but I think that's more having to do with my internet connection not SLING.

Noora C.

Great Company-Wide Communication Tool

Bewertet am 8.10.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Sling is an awesome free program that makes company-wide communication a breeze. It's similar to an internal Facebook, with a newsfeed, messaging and contact lists. We were having communication issues between our three restaurants and Sling helped solve the issue tremendously. When you post on the newsfeed you can see who viewed the post which is great for accountability. It also has scheduling which they are continously adding updates to but we do not use that aspect as we ran into a few complications when trying to save templates for three different locations. It's great because it's an app so you can use the instant messaging to contact one another without needing to exchange phone numbers.

Matt F.
Mit Google übersetzen

Overall a great scheduling program

Bewertet am 20.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The ability to completely get away from paper scheduling for my employees is great, and if a change is made they are all alerted through the website and mobile app. No matter where I am, I always no who is scheduled and can use my phone or tablet to manage all of it.

It is a bit cumbersome to copy and paste multiple weeks of schedules at a time.

Morgan B.

Better Organize Your Schedule

Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 21.6.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I used Sling to coordinate and schedule individuals canvassing for a political party. There could not have been a more simple way to run the campaign and I have used it in several campaigns over the past few years.

Easy to quickly see schedule, Digital sharing among employees, Adjustments are quick and immediately seen, User friendly, High quality app

All changes have to be approved by an administrator, it would be convenient if my employees were able to trade shifts themselves without the approval. I wish there was a "low priority" setting that would allow this change. There were some difficulties using the software between different phone providers depending on how good the service was in the area.

Mit Google übersetzen

Excellent solution for scheduling, time clock, and company-wide communication

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Sling has been an excellent addition to our company's set of software. I would recommend Sling to any SMB.

Strong scheduling platform
Strong time clock platform
Numerous communication and task solutions

Can't run payroll directly through it - yet!

Jason K.
Mit Google übersetzen

Decent event scheduler for medium sized groups

Bewertet am 11.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Ability to organize events for a medium sized group and share documents between participants.

Email notifications did not work as reliably as wished for - either that or it was too easy to mess up notification settings.

Mit Google übersetzen

Love this scheduler for our team!!

Bewertet am 30.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love how easy it is to track unavailability, submit time off requests, see others who are scheduled, and communicate with them all in one platform.

I wish I could search availability of just ONE other user. Right now I can see mine or I can see full schedule, including everyone's "unavailability." I wish there was a "scheduled" option or just ONE person's option.

Mit Google übersetzen

Best scheduling software I have used

Bewertet am 14.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Used this software at multiple jobs and the ease of use is exemplary as well as the features are very useful as an employee.

The feature where it lets you offer shifts and have shifts covered all with the click of a button. No more text or phone calls to co workers asking for shift coverage!

Slight learning curve to learn all of the features. I reccomend a group training.

Dan H.
Mit Google übersetzen

Amazingly easy to use shift scheduler and perfectly integrated chat/announcement functions

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 2.5.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Scheduling shifts for our NOC is finally easy, and our ability to communicate across multiple shifts has vastly improved.

I am the supervisor of a NOC with 24x7 shifts 356 days. We recently replaced our old scheduling software with Sling. From the very first mouse click we have been overwhelmed with how happy we are with this software.
Shift function: Ease of use - We re-created our schedule in minutes. Its easy to read and track.
Message function: Ease of mass communication - With an easy to use app on our phones and a simple messaging area, we have now replaced SLACK

Tasks Function: Lack of functionality - The task schedule does not support large teams very well. We have decided to not use this function at this time.

Kyle J.

Sling Review

Bewertet am 14.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love how i can see which co-workers are going to be in, and which ones need shifts covered, as well as seeing when Overtime is approved, without having to call and ask someone

I feel like they could make it more simple, or less cluttered. I also wish that i could set my default view of my schedule to month rather than weekly

Thea E.
Mit Google übersetzen

Workforce management in the cloud

Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 22.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I enjoyed testing this software - it's good for workforce management and staff load distribution. It has a lot of features that will make a project manager enjoy it a lot. I also like the flexibility it offer for recurring scheduling. I have tried other tools, but their is easier to use in terms of recurring scheduling. The price is also reasonable and it offers free trial, which is really cool. I haven't used the part where you could compute the labor rates, which I'm pretty sure it would be awesome to use too, makes billing a lot easier.

We tried to use this tool for the project scheduler, however, it was quite challenging, as we were dealing with 200+ people at that time. If you only have 1 person doing the tracking, I wouldn't recommend it. It'll be a lot of work for 1 person. Sling offers too many options that you'd like to use them all to make the most of the really good price that they offer.

Javon A.

Sling - JA

Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 19.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Sling allows a business to schedule employees and allows the employees to use a similar software to view their schedules making everyone's lives easier.

I feel as though Sling is missing a lot of features for companies such as mine.

Great for work

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This software makes work scheduling very easy. Great also for messaging coworkers

No issues at all. Everything has worked fine as long as I’ve used this.