Duo Security

• Funktionen
Daniel J.

It's all about security

Bewertet am 3.3.2020

Overall, Duo gives me peace of mind knowing that I am the only one that can access my personal data base from log ins and websites. I like knowing that I can approve or reject any log ins from the commodity of my phone.

Duo is a great option to keep your personal information secured. I like that it requests security validation before logging into websites, and that you have the option to use the app to sign in to any device with a few taps. It is easy to use once everything has been set up correctly.

It can be hard to understand at first, and it might seem a little annoying to have to confirm you are the one logging into your websites every time, but it gets easier if you have the app. Another thing Duo could improve on is the fact that it only lets you "remember" one device at a time. Sometimes I need to log in from my work laptop or my personal laptop and it becomes tedious to remember which device I have registered.

Stephen G.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering

Bewertet am 27.9.2020

Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

Samantha R.
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Works Well

Bewertet am 25.2.2021

Duo security works perfectly to add additional security to our login process.

I like the simplicity of the multifactor authentication process. It was easy to deploy on our phones and works perfectly each day.

I do not have any cons to list. This product functions as it should and does the job. Compared to the product that we switched from though, I do feel that DUO provides less security.

Krishna D.
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika

Beware! Customer service has been non-existent following Cisco acquisition

Bewertet am 10.3.2020

We have used Duo for many years. It was easy to implement and has always worked well.

Last year we negotiated bulk pricing and paid in advance for a 14-month term. Later we discovered that they had never provisioned our licenses and were still billing our credit card. Now, four months later, after numerous phone calls and more than a dozen emails, they have still not provisioned the licenses we paid for. They have acknowledged that this is their mistake and they need to fix it, but they seem incapable of doing so.

I get the sense that their organization is completely dysfunctional following the Cisco acquisition. Given that they cannot solve the challenge of "how does a customer purchase your software?", I am worried what might happen if you came to them with anything more difficult.

Cleydson L.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Works well the best I've ever downloaded

Bewertet am 19.3.2021

Duo is a product that gives me peace of mind, I am sure because I know that I am the only one who can access my personal data through login or websites.

In fact, Duo Security, give me a lot of security to work the only one who can access my base without restrictions and without any kind of problems, and a wonderful product, I like using it more, very good to know that I can count on you this software for any type of safe and effective work.

It could be more practical, I didn't need to confirm every time you enter a Sait, so it gets a little tiring and a little difficult for those who are beginners. The Duo could improve in the following way, not asking for a reminder every time you log in to your device. "Remember" a device, so that personal work is not so exhausting

Lightweight, High-Security MFA App

Bewertet am 4.3.2021

I've really enjoyed using Duo. It quickly became a seamless part of my daily workflow across my organizations single sign-on process in a variety of programs and applications.

Our organization implemented Duo for its organization-wide single sign-on multi-factor authentication program in the last year or two. The process of signing up for my account was simple, and since starting, I've almost stopped noticing that I use it. I have it set up to ping my watch to get approval when signing in, but users are able to get phone calls, text messages, or a mobile notification through their app. These options make it flexible enough for users that may not have a smart device, etc.

Unlike other MFA apps, this does not have an Authenticator feature or any other frills. Admittedly, this isn't a problem – Duo does what it does and does it well without any excess!

Jared M.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Duo Security User Review

Bewertet am 6.1.2021

Duo security helps me keep my information secure and safe by creating a simple and user-friendly two device authentication process for accessing information.

My favorite part about the software is its ability to connect with my apple watch so that I can quickly approve login requests and access confidential personal information. The two-factor authentication process keeps me at ease about this information remaining secure.

My least favorite thing about Duo is that sometimes there is a delay on the push notification being sent to my phone. I occasionally experience some lag time and wish I could authorize my account faster.

Madison N.

Simple Security

Bewertet am 8.4.2021

Overall I have had a positive experience with Duo Security. You can also connect it to other devices such as an Apple Watch so you can quickly accept a push a logon.

Duo Security is easy to use and allows for two factor authentication. We use this security system to log into our VPN while working from home to ensure that it is secure.

A major con of Duo is if you do not have a smartphone. It would be difficult to authenticate without push notifications.

Sunny F.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security is great for Universities!

Bewertet am 26.1.2021

My experience has been very good. This is such an easy software to use and it is fast as well.

I like how quick and easy it's functionality is. I am in Graduate school for an online Master's program and the University I attend uses Duo Mobile by Duo Security. This allows me to access my student account dashboard online.

I haven't had any bad experiences with this software. So far, I have not heard of any classmates having issue either. This gives me piece of mind, as grad school is very important and I need to be able to access my info at any given time.

• Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Much better than other MFA apps

Bewertet am 11.3.2021

Overall Duo integrates well with different platforms like Windows, MacOS and linux. Additional capabilities of push notification in mobile app eases the work to authenticate

Push based authentication makes it much simpler to authenticate. Additional features like call/text when mobile internet is unavailable is highly recommended

Initial setup takes time. Also, the process to register a new device is time consuming. For travellers who travel globally, call based authentication might not be best everytime

Barry V.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

Bewertet am 10.12.2019

We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

Kalin H.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Great Security Software

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

John B.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Bewertet am 30.9.2019

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management
- New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code
- Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch)
- Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen
- Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices
- One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access
- Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens
- Great online support and documentation library
- Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Carlos S.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Bewertet am 21.9.2019

Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

Mirza R.
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use

Bewertet am 6.10.2020

Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

Cory C.
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Easy to Use and Effective

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

• Branche: Buchhaltung

Best Two Factor Identification App

Bewertet am 27.11.2018

I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.

• Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Increase the security of your accounts

Bewertet am 15.4.2020

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

Anindita S.
  • Branche: Forschung

Duo Security is important

Bewertet am 1.7.2019

I have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.

Don't know but can the Duo also work by pushing login request via email? That would mean I wouldn't need to have my mobile phone next to me 24x7.

Scott C.
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

An added layer of security when working remotely

Bewertet am 5.5.2020

Duo Security offers us the ability to work away from the office with minimal fear of having sensitive material exposed to unauthorized users. Working from home is often essential, so I'm glad we have Duo Security to help make it possible.

Duo Security effectively enables users to securely access their organization's network. Once you've signed in on your computer, a push notification is sent to your smartphone. Just click to approve it, and you are securely connected to the network. An unauthorized user would be unable to gain access without having possession of your phone. I appreciate that it's generally a quick, no-hassle process; signing in takes only a few seconds.

Occasionally it takes a couple of attempts to sign in to the network. Additionally, it can be inconvenient to need to have your phone handy whenever you sign in. I've had my phone charging in another room when I realize I have to go get it in order to sign in.

• Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Untern. Größe: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy Two-Factor Authentication

Bewertet am 24.9.2020

Duo Security would be in my list of top-ten "essential" apps for smart devices.

My employer uses Duo Security for two-factor authentication when logging into HR-related software or, more recently, Covid-testing & compliance. Two-factor authentication is the gold standard for login security. Duo mobile immediately sends a push to my smart device (phone, watch, etc.) where I approve the login request. I am consistently amazed at the speed of two-factor authentication; as soon as I approve the login, Duo confirms and logs me in. It makes two-factor authentication nearly effortless.

Those using multiple accounts for multiple employers may have to shuffle with the software a bit, but it is nothing overwhelming.

• Untern. Größe: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security will make your account secure

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

I started using Duo Security since 2017 when I started working as graduate assistant. The app had allowed me to make sure that my account at my job is secure and no one can easily access to my account without an approval on my phone. If you are using this app, you don't have to call or text your number to access to your account. You just press the push button and approve it from your phone and access to your account.

The app is very functional and easy to use. It makes the users to secure their accounts and make sure that no one can easily login to their account.

You should make sure that your phone has sufficient battery. If your phone battery dies, you might not be able to access your account on your computer. The slight side effect of using this app is that you just have to have an open phone.

Jen V.

Bewertet am 9.12.2019

Duo helps us to maintain a secure login to our sites. We use it to access payroll information, reports, our shared drive, and other things you want extra security around.

I like the fact the fact that Duo is so easy to use. You can it up to verify in different ways - through an app, a call, or email. I sue the app which I love. A simple swipe and accept and you are in your site securely. For computers that are secure and you use regularly you can have it remember you for 30 days which is very convenient for sites you use multiple times a day.

I really don't have any complains about the software. It works great for my purposes. The only thing I have heard people complain about is just two step verification in general.

• Branche: Telekommunikation

2FA For the Enterprise

Bewertet am 5.9.2018

We wanted a 2FA solution for our VPN and password management solutions. Duo integrates with both. We also needed a 2FA solution that can be used by a wide variety of users. We have many remote users so being able to authenticate via app, text, or phone call makes it easy for all of our users to gain access in a way that is secure and available to them.

Duo has made it easy for our company to use 2FA across several of our services. It's easy to implement and easy to manage. Duo integrates easily with 3rd party applications and services. Users can use multiple ways to authenticate to Duo.

Push notifications to Cellphones can be spotty if a user has poor cell reception. Not necessarily a failure on Duo's part but it should be considered if you are going to use the App Push for authentication.

Tara F.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Work safely from home with Duo

Bewertet am 27.7.2020

Overall my experience with Duo Security has been positive. Working with 3 different agencies that use Duo, I have not experienced any negative issues.

Working with highly sensitive personal data, we require the highest protection and security when working in office and working remotely from home. Integrating Duo with VPN has helped us confidently connect to our shared documentation. The 2-factor authentication helps lower risk of data breaches but verifying identity of the user. Duo is also used while in office to again confirm identity before allowing access to a vast amount of sensitive data.

I have not yet experienced issues with Duo and continue to use it daily as I am currently working remotely.