Duo Security

• Branche: Einzelhandel

Duo Security

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

Sehr schneller Login und sehr schnelle Umsetzung

Es gibt absolut nichts negatives zu berichten.

Matthew

Simplified Security

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

I enjoy the endpoint security perspective of the application coupled with the simplistic user interface - this is very good for non-tech users working remotely.

I like that Duo let's you know what might compromise your experience on a platform. It tells you to upgrade your android/iOS handset and gives a severity level. This is great from an endpoint security perspective.

At times - the app takes a little time to prompt the user that an attempt is being made. This may be a function of slow infrastructure, but it is hard to assess.

Stephen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering

Bewertet am 27.9.2020

Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Google Workspace

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Duo Security

G Suite SAML login was more difficult to implement in very specific situations than simply purchasing Duo. In the future, the goal is to move to a more BeyondCorp style model where each specific application can use SAML and not rely on Duo
Reda
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Excellente solution d'authentification multifacteur

Bewertet am 30.9.2022

Certifications réussies

L'authentification multifacteur et la possibilité de l'interfacer avec énormément de produits (Firewall, Radius, Applications web, RDP, ...)
Possibilité de tester gratuitement jusqu'à 10 utilisateurs

Pas de point faible à mon sens - Peut-être agrandir le catalogue de produits compatibles

PErcy
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Locked me out of my school account

Bewertet am 25.9.2022

Incompetence!

I don't like anything about this software and come to this website to complain!

Our school is requiring all students to add 2FA to our school accounts through their software. So either I have to keep their software on my phone or use a security key, which my android phone can do. However, there is a bug which allows me to register my phone as a security key but won't let me log in with my phone. Now I'm locked out of my school account. The help button tells me to contact my school admin but they are closed today so the rest of my day is wasted, not to say that my problem will certainly be resolved tomorrow. I am a very busy student and now I'm screwed for my assignments. Thank you duo!

• Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security is great at multi-factor authentication

Bewertet am 31.8.2022

I liked that it connected to my phone and it was easy to get the passwords and respond to the notification to sign in. I liked that my organization valued my security and was investing in products to keep me and my data safe

It took some time to adjust to this software but that was because it was the first multi-factor authentication that I used. Now that it has been a few years, I am fully on board and don't find it inconvenient anymore

Xavier
  • Branche: Musik
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

The way to go for your login security purpose

Bewertet am 1.11.2022

I am satisfied with this software because it does what it says it will do. Provide that extra security to your login.

That it helped keep my login secure, it is no longer just a password that is needed but you also need to be able to authenticate who is trying to login to your account and I think this software is the way to go.

That it is a little annoying to setup in the beginning but after that it is easy.

The world #1 Two Factor Authentication Security Platform - Duo Security

Bewertet am 9.11.2022

Amazing Two-Factor Authentication, seamless operation ,safe and easiest setup .

Two-Factor Authentication , Remote access management, Device trust, single sign on (SSO)

The feel and look of the user interface feature

Great product

Bewertet am 12.11.2022

I use it to 2FA into my university accounts. It syncs with my phone and the iOS integration of Duo notification is pretty smooth

Sometimes, the mobile app doesn’t push a notification upon a login. Need to go into the app and approve a request.

Myriam
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security - Essential Tool for Secure Connections

Bewertet am 15.11.2022

Duo Security is a great, trustworthy tool that gives me peace of mind when using my organization's network.

I like that Duo Security is quick and easy to use -- essentially foolproof!

I have nothing constructive or negative to say about Duo Security.

Shahna

Excellent authentication application

Bewertet am 13.10.2022

It is very user-friendly, easy to navigate through. Also has multiple methods to authenticate.

It would be better if we can use it on multiple devices. I am not sure if that is possible.

Barry
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

Bewertet am 10.12.2019

We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great Security Software

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

John
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Bewertet am 30.9.2019

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management
- New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code
- Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch)
- Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen
- Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices
- One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access
- Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens
- Great online support and documentation library
- Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

• Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Amazing Software for MFA authentication

Bewertet am 10.6.2022

Overall Duo has helped us improving device security and we were able to integrate with our Palo Alto Firewall devices and had pretty smooth experience.

This worked pretty smoothly, when logging in the security devices such as firewalls, with duo we made sure no unauthorized users is logging into the devices with Multi Factor Authentication mechanism. With duo we simply were able to compliance with Zero Trust Model, no unauthorized users can make the changes on the system.

They can work on their mobile application and make sure to improve the user experience, I feel bit delay while receiving the authentication request. Also on mobile app they can make it like only one finger touch is enough to authenticate the user. So less clicks can make the experience way better.

Gayan

Hassle free two-factor authenticator

Bewertet am 22.6.2021

Regardless of the technology or platform which are targeting to integrate the multi-factor authentication Duo Security provides the flexibility to integrate with the largely used identity platforms/providers. The use of the app is very easy and convenient with the enablement of biometric authentication. For the authorization process, it takes just one click. The app is that user-friendly. Not like other application available Duo is really easy to use and integrate.

Nothing that I can think of that I like least.

Wendy
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A must have for security and log in authentication

Bewertet am 15.2.2022

Definitely very satisfied with it. It is a very universal and must needed tool for companies to use at work to ensure their log ins do not get hacked by other people as the notification is sent directly to you and no one else. It is very user friendly and very straight forward. A must download!

I use this daily at work when I log into my work email and work related websites. It is a very handy program (I download the app onto my phone) and whenever I log in, it would send a ping to my app on my phone which I then use to approve the log in, and then it allows me to log in. This is a sure way to prevent others from hacking into your log and ensures the highest level of security. All the employees at my company/hospital use it and we all highly recommend it! It is very straightforward and very easy to use!

None whatsoever, the program is so user friendly and very straightforward. Definitely a must have for security use for logging in at work or public computers.

Linda
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Duo Security a MUST have!

Bewertet am 13.3.2022

The software was literally installed in less than 5 minutes with the help of our IT departments. Multiple questions along with your personal log in allows this to serve as a protection not only for the clients we serve but for me as well should anyone ever attempt to access using my identity.

This process is ABSOLUTELY a must have in todays cyber world. Using a dual authentication system to access your internet services was easy to set up and even easier to install and use. Any work environment where sensitive or personal data, demographics, or financial information should all be required to provide their employees with this type of DUO security. It is installed easily with the use of your IT department and changes, revisions, updates are also handled by them as well. It truly is a better way to make sure we are doing all we can to keep our internet and services safe.

Honestly I had no issue with the install or the software.

Carlos
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Bewertet am 21.9.2019

Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

Anindita

Duo Security: Secure yes but keep phone close

Bewertet am 16.4.2022

Maybe Duo should incorporate other ways to allow access alongside mobile devices. The reason being many a time mobile phones are not connected to the internet or not in the vicinity.

Our university switched to Duo securities some time back for authentication purposes. Security, of course, increased several folds. Also, Duo allowed multiple login/authentication. The enhanced security becomes very prudent when dealing with sensitive data.

Be ready to keep your mobile phone close to you when you want to access the accounts that need authentication via duo. My biggest issue is the extreme dependence on mobile phones. If the phone is lost or not in your vicinity, it becomes cumbersome to log in. Also, once you login the software sends a push notification to your mobile. The duration that push notification remains active is significantly less. There have been many instances when a notification was pushed to my mobile device, and my device was not within my reach. By the time I retrieve my device, the push notification expired.

Mirza
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use

Bewertet am 6.10.2020

Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

Juliette
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Review from Student

Bewertet am 12.8.2021

Good experience overall, and it is not a hassle to use Duo. I have heard very few complaints from other students and colleagues at my university.

Duo makes it very easy for me to log-on to my student account at my university. I like how it is intuitive to use on iPhone especially, and it gives me the option to call or text my phone. I rarely use the "call" feature, however, because I am always using wifi. The Duo Security app pops up immediately, and I am able to approve the request quickly from my phone. I feel very secure with this software, especially since the pin changes every few seconds.

I don't always have my phone with me, which makes it impossible to log in. I wish there was a feature where I could receive an email instead of a call or a text on Duo. I have not seen this feature at all, but it would make my life easier.

Alec
  • Branche: Halbleiter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Duo is a standard and effective tool for secure access

Bewertet am 29.4.2021

Duo security is my main program for two factor authentication, and I will continue to use it for this! I like how simple and easy to use it is, and I am thankful that I can trust this program to help secure my accounts.

I like how simple and straightforward Duo is as a tool -- when I need to connect to a program requiring two factor authentication, I can simply attempt the login and Duo prompts me via my phone, which I can then authorize. I like how simple and straightforward this tool is, and I am grateful that it helps me secure access to my private accounts.

What I like least about Duo is how limited the features are of this tool. Sometimes I need to connect to an account using Duo but don't have internet on my phone, and I wish Duo provided alternatives for authentication via computer or phone, but this program lacks these features.

Cory
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Easy to Use and Effective

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

• Branche: Buchhaltung

Best Two Factor Identification App

Bewertet am 27.11.2018

I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.