Duo Security

Benutzeridentitätsprüfung und Entdeckung von Geräte-Verwundbarkeit

Gayan N.

Hassle free two-factor authenticator

Bewertet am 22.6.2021

Regardless of the technology or platform which are targeting to integrate the multi-factor authentication Duo Security provides the flexibility to integrate with the largely used identity platforms/providers. The use of the app is very easy and convenient with the enablement of biometric authentication. For the authorization process, it takes just one click. The app is that user-friendly. Not like other application available Duo is really easy to use and integrate.

Nothing that I can think of that I like least.

Samantha R.
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Works Well

Bewertet am 25.2.2021

Duo security works perfectly to add additional security to our login process.

I like the simplicity of the multifactor authentication process. It was easy to deploy on our phones and works perfectly each day.

I do not have any cons to list. This product functions as it should and does the job. Compared to the product that we switched from though, I do feel that DUO provides less security.

Delaney F.
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good Protection, Occasionally Frustrating

Bewertet am 6.10.2021

Duo makes your information safer, and it does help make you feel more comfortable with the information you have online, but it does have flaws and takes time to fully complete the authentication process that is not there otherwise.

Duo security is an app on your phone and a computer program, so it is versatile and helpful in protecting your passwords and various accounts. In school, it is a great way to protect tuition information, grades, and various other lovely stuff we do not want people to know.

The app can sometimes lose connection with the cloud, so an authentication won't go through, or there can be issues where the app does not receive a push or a request. This can be difficult as there is no direct way to troubleshoot, you just have to restart the process.

Krishna D.
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika

Beware! Customer service has been non-existent following Cisco acquisition

Bewertet am 10.3.2020

We have used Duo for many years. It was easy to implement and has always worked well.

Last year we negotiated bulk pricing and paid in advance for a 14-month term. Later we discovered that they had never provisioned our licenses and were still billing our credit card. Now, four months later, after numerous phone calls and more than a dozen emails, they have still not provisioned the licenses we paid for. They have acknowledged that this is their mistake and they need to fix it, but they seem incapable of doing so.

I get the sense that their organization is completely dysfunctional following the Cisco acquisition. Given that they cannot solve the challenge of "how does a customer purchase your software?", I am worried what might happen if you came to them with anything more difficult.

Hannah D.
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

Versatile and Secure

Bewertet am 15.7.2021

I feel much more secure with many of my accounts. It provides as overall sense of ease and security.

Duo security has an easy to use app that can serve as a two-factor identification hub for many types of accounts. I find it especially useful for protecting email and bank accounts. The push notifications are convenient for managing login in attempts and ensuring accounts are not compromised.

Sometimes the notifications are not immediate, and the login in attempt can time out. The software doesn't function well if network connection is poor.

Ian S.
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

very well managed service

Bewertet am 23.9.2021

The software is great but we have to handhold customers a bit in managing the role out of it

we deploy this for customers and are very impressed with the range od documentation and user guides Duo make available.
Duo are very proactive about any outages or issues on their network and seem to resolve these quickly. none have directly affected us

It is slightly expensive, well its not but customers perceive it to be as we have to recharge the licence but they are used to 2FA for free with other services. It's actually reasonable for what it is.

Casey Z.

Secure access

Bewertet am 17.6.2021

Duo is my organization's security program for two-factor authentication. I've never experienced any security or access issues with Duo and plan to continue using this platform for the foreseeable future.

I have the Duo App on my phone and it provides super simple two-factor authentication for remote access or when logging into secure sites.

It can be a little confusing trying to understand after first how Duo works, but once you've used it a few times, it becomes a seamless process.

Michael F.
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Easy access to protected tools

Bewertet am 7.7.2021

I have enjoyed using Duo to access documents ad join the company VPN

Duo instantly sends a push to my phone and is easy to quick through. I set it up in just a few minutes more than a year ago and have not had to make changes since

Occasionally there is a delay between sending the push and it getting to my phone. When this occurs I will send a second one and do not have a problem

• Branche: Medizinische Geräte

Two-Factor Excellence

Bewertet am 15.7.2021

Duo Security has allowed to me improve my cyber security presences in a world that is ever more dangerous for the everyday computer user.

Duo Security software is very effective at sending two-factor authentication pushes to my cell phone and allowing me to avoid cumbersome text message codes to enter into logins.

The one down side of Duo Security software is that if you cell phone runs out of battery or if your cell phone encounters technical problems than you will have quite the problem logging onto your desired platform.

Felicia T.

Duo Security Daily User Experience

Bewertet am 31.7.2021

I use this on a daily basis and find it to be an easy and secure way to keep my identity and access safe while signing into a secure server on a daily basis.

I have found that this software is easy to use and implement on a variety of devices. While using it, I feel a sense of security and safety in regards to my data and identity being protected.

There are times when there is a delay in the sign in process and it quickly disappears, so you have to log in quickly to authenticate.

Barry V.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

Bewertet am 10.12.2019

We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

RSA SecurID

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Duo Security

Pricing
Kalin H.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Great Security Software

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

John B.
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Bewertet am 30.9.2019

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management
- New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code
- Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch)
- Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen
- Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices
- One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access
- Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens
- Great online support and documentation library
- Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Carlos S.

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Bewertet am 21.9.2019

Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

Mirza R.
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use

Bewertet am 6.10.2020

Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

Stephen G.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering

Bewertet am 27.9.2020

Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Google Workspace

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Duo Security

G Suite SAML login was more difficult to implement in very specific situations than simply purchasing Duo. In the future, the goal is to move to a more BeyondCorp style model where each specific application can use SAML and not rely on Duo
Cory C.
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Easy to Use and Effective

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

Juliette R.

Review from Student

Bewertet am 12.8.2021

Good experience overall, and it is not a hassle to use Duo. I have heard very few complaints from other students and colleagues at my university.

Duo makes it very easy for me to log-on to my student account at my university. I like how it is intuitive to use on iPhone especially, and it gives me the option to call or text my phone. I rarely use the "call" feature, however, because I am always using wifi. The Duo Security app pops up immediately, and I am able to approve the request quickly from my phone. I feel very secure with this software, especially since the pin changes every few seconds.

I don't always have my phone with me, which makes it impossible to log in. I wish there was a feature where I could receive an email instead of a call or a text on Duo. I have not seen this feature at all, but it would make my life easier.

Alec P.
  • Branche: Halbleiter
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Duo is a standard and effective tool for secure access

Bewertet am 29.4.2021

Duo security is my main program for two factor authentication, and I will continue to use it for this! I like how simple and easy to use it is, and I am thankful that I can trust this program to help secure my accounts.

I like how simple and straightforward Duo is as a tool -- when I need to connect to a program requiring two factor authentication, I can simply attempt the login and Duo prompts me via my phone, which I can then authorize. I like how simple and straightforward this tool is, and I am grateful that it helps me secure access to my private accounts.

What I like least about Duo is how limited the features are of this tool. Sometimes I need to connect to an account using Duo but don't have internet on my phone, and I wish Duo provided alternatives for authentication via computer or phone, but this program lacks these features.

• Branche: Buchhaltung

Best Two Factor Identification App

Bewertet am 27.11.2018

I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.

• Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Increase the security of your accounts

Bewertet am 15.4.2020

I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

Cleydson L.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Works well the best I've ever downloaded

Bewertet am 19.3.2021

Duo is a product that gives me peace of mind, I am sure because I know that I am the only one who can access my personal data through login or websites.

In fact, Duo Security, give me a lot of security to work the only one who can access my base without restrictions and without any kind of problems, and a wonderful product, I like using it more, very good to know that I can count on you this software for any type of safe and effective work.

It could be more practical, I didn't need to confirm every time you enter a Sait, so it gets a little tiring and a little difficult for those who are beginners. The Duo could improve in the following way, not asking for a reminder every time you log in to your device. "Remember" a device, so that personal work is not so exhausting

Scott C.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

An added layer of security when working remotely

Bewertet am 5.5.2020

Duo Security offers us the ability to work away from the office with minimal fear of having sensitive material exposed to unauthorized users. Working from home is often essential, so I'm glad we have Duo Security to help make it possible.

Duo Security effectively enables users to securely access their organization's network. Once you've signed in on your computer, a push notification is sent to your smartphone. Just click to approve it, and you are securely connected to the network. An unauthorized user would be unable to gain access without having possession of your phone. I appreciate that it's generally a quick, no-hassle process; signing in takes only a few seconds.

Occasionally it takes a couple of attempts to sign in to the network. Additionally, it can be inconvenient to need to have your phone handy whenever you sign in. I've had my phone charging in another room when I realize I have to go get it in order to sign in.

• Branche: Gastgewerbe

Secure but Time-Sensitive

Bewertet am 4.5.2021

I use Duo on a daily basis to login to my company's VPN and again for internal company resources. Once it's setup it's pretty easy to use. I appreciate that it syncs with my phone so I can just click a button on my phone to ensure it is me.

I have to login to Duo twice a day and I usually do it at the same time. If I do them too closely together, one of them will say it timed out and I have to start the process all over. If I close all of my internet windows, I have to re-certify everything again so that can be annoying. Also, I purchased a new cell phone after several months of using Duo. It did not recognize my new phone and kept sending my codes to my old phone. It was a frustrating process to reconfigure everything to log on for work. On top of that, I don't love that I have to use my personal device to log on to my work device. It's another app that takes up space on my personal phone.

Anindita S.
  • Branche: Forschung

Duo Security is important

Bewertet am 1.7.2019

I have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.

Don't know but can the Duo also work by pushing login request via email? That would mean I wouldn't need to have my mobile phone next to me 24x7.