Salsa CRM

Richard
Richard

Review of DonorPro Fundraising Customer Relationship Management Software System

Bewertet am 5.10.2014

Versatility: The product is cloud based so I have access anywhere that has an internet connection whether or not I have my own personal computer, tablet or iPhone available to me. Just pop on someone's laptop & login to the GO version losing very little functionality from the desktop / laptop version. So far I love the Vendor because of the excellent customer service that they are providing me.
Experience: So far I have no complaints about either the software or the vendor.
Interested: Get a demo, or better yet get access to login and use a demo database. Try using their customer service department to answer questions during the demo phase.
Ease of Use: You have to get used to how the system was built, and how to move around all the functional available. There is so much that can be customized to your own needs.
Issues - All my issues have been my lack of understanding - once I know how to use it, it has worked flawlessly.
Customer Support - Award winning!! I have gotten quick response to questions posed, and I find that they even offer to assist further after the problem has been resolved.

Ricci

SALSA is THE best!

Bewertet am 16.11.2018

I’ve been with SALSA now for several years. In the beginning I kept trying to make it Network for Good - which I left because they were so non-responsive, but they do have good interfaces and options, and their donation processing is a breeze. But the reality is, that I left NFG because I couldn’t get what I wanted. From my first day with SALSA, though, the team behind the product stood out and they jumped through hoops and turned somersaults to make me happy and get me the training I needed. I even got a call from the President of the company to talk about what I was experiencing and to make sure I was getting what I needed. I can’t imagine any other company with a “the customer comes first” culture that reaches all the way to the top.

No matter what I come up with that I want to do, I find that there’s a way to do it in SALSA (except around the donations!). I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone without reservations!

Since 2003 we have purchased, leased, been granted and explored too many databases to count. Until we finally found our home with SALSA. The team is constantly upgrading and adding features, the customer support is absolutely unparalleled, and their dedication to the end-user is obvious in the features they have and those that they've added over the years we've been with them.

Every software CRM has issues. One of the things that sets SALSA apart from all of the others is their customer service team. They go the extra mile and then they just keep going even further to work with you, fix any issue you're having, suggest new features to the development team based on your needs....they are just the absolute best.

I'm not as fond of their donation processing partner. For example, if a donor wants to increase their giving amount you have to cancel their old donation and they have to go in and create a whole new donation.

Some of their training material leaves a lot out, but the responsiveness of their support team more than makes up for that.

Ellen

Terrible response

Bewertet am 26.4.2021

This has been a nightmare, time consuming work arounds.

This has been a nightmare, time consuming work arounds.

The Engage portion is ok, email integration, but still doesn't push info into CRM, or CRM does not push to Engage.

The CRM does not work for Canadian organisations with regard to receipting - big fail! It also doesn't automatically process direct debit donations, big fail! TERRIBLE response from support team. Reports are flawed, have holes, there are more workarounds to make sure that the right things are included and excluded.

Antwort von Bonterra

We are so sorry that your experience with Salsa has not been better. I know that members of our client success team have reached out to you to help you address your concerns. I hope that we have been able to resolve issues around the CRM and Engage integration and other items. Please reach back out to our support team or client success team any time.

Alyssa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, quick and reliable reports, constantly adding elements to make the experience...

Bewertet am 13.6.2017

Tracking donors easily, easily sending out communication.

Tracking donors easily, easily sending out communication.

What I like most about Salsa Labs is the ease of use. Although as the administrator I am in the database daily, everyone on my team can easily find what they need and update donor profiles, and find out information about donors. The robust queries is also huge for me. The fact that I can easily segment out multiple layers of donors makes my job much easier. So far there has not been an output that I am looking for that I can not get through Salsa queries. The integrated emails and unlimited donation pages are also wonderful and have reduced the number of platforms we have to use.

I do wish there was a little bit more integration between the CRM and the Engage side of the systems. Currently if I send out an email blast it does not add a note or activity to the donor's profile on the CRM side saying this was sent. Currently I have to add them to a group and then add a note to their profile. There are a couple of other little items that are more wish list items rather than items I have to have in a CRM. Also, the customer support, although they are always helpful, it is sometimes hard to get ahold of them. Emails usually take a good 3-7 days to answer (sometimes mores) and if I call I am on hold for a good 15-30 min sometimes. It is nice that I can call anytime, but frustrating that it can take awhile to get ahold of anyone.

Derek
  • Branche: Philanthropie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Salsa is the best software for the money

Bewertet am 3.11.2017

Ilona and Andrew on were great at walking us through the process. It is always cumbersome when starting a new CRM solution, but between them and Joe, our onboarding specialist, the people at Salsa were great. We're still getting use to all the available tools, but have found great benefit in everything so far!

Lots of tools (Email, Events, P2P, Social Media, etc.) Great options for communicating to donors and receiving donations. A lot of customization for marketing and accounting.

Merging the two solutions (Engage and the CRM) has proven clunky, but the team is committed to fixing any issues.

Antwort von Bonterra

Thanks for your review, Derek. Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage have a built-in two-way integration that syncs all standard and custom fields between the two, pushes online supporter activity data into Salsa CRM and enables you to build groups in Salsa CRM and push them to Salsa Engage for online engagement. Also, be sure to check out Salsa Scholars, the interactive eLearning platform that contains instructor led training courses that will help you learn all the ins and outs and maximize the software. Specifically, there is a course on the Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage integration. Let us know if you're still having trouble and we can help you sort it out!

David
David
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Support and resolution of simple problem a disaster

Bewertet am 21.11.2021

Salsa Labs is providing the web services for donations for Wreaths Across America - Houston. This organization provides a live Maine wreath at the graves in the Houston National Cemetery at Christmas, and a portion of the money raised by non-profits is retained by those groups. SInce 15 October my Kiwanis club has asked Salsa Labs to resolve problems of login, logins which revert to the program last year, logins which say we have no fundraiser to manage, etc. Over one MONTH later there is absolutely no resolution and soon we will have no more time left to raise funds for this very worthwhile project. Sadly because of inaction by Salsa many of the graves in the cemetery of our military heroes will have no wreath.

Salsa Labs has been totally irresponsible on this project and I can only hope at this point they offer some restitution to the Wreaths organization. I personally would not recommend Salsa Labs for anything.

When it worked it was ok and notified users of donations.

Can't log in and manage current year. No resolution of simple login problems.

Kate

Overall, love salsa

Bewertet am 6.3.2020

Pleasing

Pleasing

The customer support is excellent. It is fairly easy to learn and use.

Engage

There are some inconsistencies with email set up. I HATE the way the email series set ups are, the scheduling is horrible, it should just use a calendar like a regular blast.

When exporting any report from engage id like some options for what I info is included in report.

Kate,

Thank you so much for your review. We hope Kansans for Life will continue to find success with Salsa.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions regarding email series & any other concerns, they would be happy to assist you!

Kemberlee
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Great for small organizations

Bewertet am 11.5.2021

Excellent customers service, resources, communication, and ease of use.

Excellent customers service, resources, communication, and ease of use.

I love the dashboard features that give you a quick glance across the board, ease of targeting list members, and the new event functions. Running our events through Salsa has made a huge fundraising difference for us.

I realize these are small things, but for our organization, would be tremendously helpful -- the ability to embed RSS feeds and videos into email would make this an ideal tool.

Kemberlee,

It's awesome that even with a smaller team, you are able to utilize all these features in Salsa. I hope we continue to be a great resource for your (hopefully in-person) events in the future!

We also appreciate the feedback on embedded RSS feeds being a feature that your organization could benefit from.

Elizabeth
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

i have grown from a salsa no nothing to semi master because of quality salsa support

Bewertet am 2.11.2017

great folks work there and are available to you

great folks work there and are available to you

the huge body of information that can be stored; the tech help that is available with a simple phone call

learning curve can be difficult to get through. the page face is overwhelming (why all of the brown space?)

Antwort von Bonterra

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for your review and for being a longtime customer. Wanted to make you aware of Salsa Scholars, the interactive eLearning platform that contains instructor led training courses that has really shortened the learning curve for Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage users. Also, the new browser interface of Salsa CRM is much improved from the desktop interface you may have used in years past. More interface and dashboard improvements are in the works right now! If you haven't requested access to Salsa Scholars yet, you can do so by emailing educationdirector@salsalabs.com.

• Branche: Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen

Amazing tool

Bewertet am 11.1.2018

This is night and day vs. the software we used to use. I think we're only using half the features we probably should be using, so we can grow into this.

I love that I can customize so much. This software has ALL the features I was looking for and then some

Because it has so much functionality, there is a learning curve, just like any CRM. Just plan for time to learn the software and take it in stages.

Justin

It just doesn't work as it is advertised

Bewertet am 4.3.2017

We have been a Donor Pro client for years and were excited about the merger and possibilities with Salsa. However, we felt a bit neglected as a previous client, slipping through the cracks of the transition and experiencing a number of problems because of this. The overall functionality of the product has been cumbersome, making it feel like they launched the merger before ironing out really important issues. Customer service is generally good with very kind people. At first, the response time was great 1-2 days, however, we now end up facing at times 3-4 weeks on some tickets. But, I got tired of calling for an update on an issue, having the person try to fix it on the phone even though they land in the same place as the previous person...I can't figure this out, I need to send it to the developers or update the ticket. In general, I just spent way too much time trying to find answers, solutions, and we are a small organization that cannot afford it. They have updated their website in a way that gets you really excited about the product. It looks great and probably is for a new organization just starting out! But, it just hasn't been a great experience for us. Functionality was up and down. And, as an organization in transition, both with software tools and looking to grow and expand, we thought this would be a helpful tool. It hasn't met our expectations yet, and holding our breath a bit longer to see if things improve.

The integration is nice when it is working to its full capacity.

Too many glitches, issues with functionality. Things are not as streamlined as they seem to be advertised. A lot of challenges and issues for our team.

Antwort von Bonterra

Hi Justin - We are sorry that you experienced disruption of service as we merged DonorPro and Salsa. Now that our teams are fully integrated, we hope that you've found Customer Support much improved. Our Director of Customer Support will reach out to you directly to confirm. Also, please visit our Salsa Support Center where you'll find a searchable knowledge base. You also have access to Salsa Scholars, our new e-learning system. Here you'll find self-paced interactive courses for Salsa Engage, Salsa CRM and the integration which has been recently enhanced based on user feedback. If you haven't been through Salsa Smart Start Fundraising, we encourage you to sign up. It's free for all Salsa clients and provides you with a fundraising expert and access to best practices. Call us or send us an email for assistance with accessing the tools mentioned here.

Emily

So SO glad we're leaving Salsa

Bewertet am 24.3.2023

This company only informed us they were sunsetting in December when I called in February to dispute a bill. And they let me know that, by the way, my contract with them ends in April. If I needed access to my database until December, they could do that for a 30% upcharge per month.I hate this company and I am so glad we're done with them.

The platform is robust and had endless data export possibilities...

We hated the batch donation interface, the user experience, the customer service, the complexity of the platform, and that it did not integrate well with Salsa Engage, the email marketing/payment page builder tool from the same provider. Nightmare product.

Amanda
  • Branche: Philanthropie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic customer service for a beneficial product

Bewertet am 2.11.2017

*Helpful and responsive customer service - Clay is wonderful!
*Reporting provides fantastic and detailed snapshot

*Need training to understand how to use product; Not extremely user-friendly initially
*Rather dull display

Antwort von Bonterra

Amanda, thanks for your review and for being a longtime customer. Wanted to make you aware of Salsa Scholars, the interactive eLearning platform that contains instructor led training courses that has really shortened the learning curve for Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage users. Also, the new browser interface of Salsa CRM is much improved from the desktop interface you may have used in years past. More interface and dashboard improvements are in the works right now! If you haven't requested access to Salsa Scholars yet, you can do so by emailing educationdirector@salsalabs.com.

Amanda

Keep looking

Bewertet am 9.8.2022

If you just need a simple tracking system, Salsa CRM is good, but very expensive for just that ability. For integrating peer to peer and other functionality, we found it clunky. There were other options that, if not cheaper, were at least vastly better at performing tasks.

The features are more robust than some of the other software we had used, so it seemed like a good move from our old software. My favorite feature is probably the ability to leave a prominent note about a contact.

The conversion from our old software did not go smoothly and they were less than sympathetic about helping us, even though we paid for them to do the conversion. Ultimately, the software was not as robust as we understood that it would be, and the API interactions were sometimes problematic.

Vivian
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Salsa support is not good

Bewertet am 12.4.2017

I would not recommend this software.

I would not recommend this software.

I do not like much of anything about this software since Salsa took it over. They are non-communicative and support is not good.

They keep updating the software but they tell the users nothing about what the update is. The user is forced to try and guess what is going on. Each update seems to make something about the software worse. Took 7 days to get a country code added. This took 2 hours when it was Tower Care. Spreadsheet views keep getting messed up. Says there is an error, then the spreadsheet opens and the software closes.

Cherrie
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

We are a very small new charity - I set up all registrations, peer-to-peer events, email...

Bewertet am 29.6.2017

The software is somewhat easy to use - after you play with it a while, you can usually figure it out.

I have been told our platform looks cheap and almost to the point where people are unsure whether it's "legitimate".
It does not have all the capabilities that Donor Pro's peer-to-peer software had so we are unhappy that it feels like we are getting less for our money this year. (e.g. participants were unable to track off-line donations)

Antwort von Bonterra

Cherrie - Thanks for writing a review. In our next release (rolling out end July 2017), you will see lots of changes in our peer to peer fundraising functionality. Major enhancements include pre-designed templates and a new UX for supporters for professional looking personal pages. We have added the ability to also track offline donations. We hope you'll provide us with direct feedback on our new releases. We do incorporate suggestions from our clients into our new release so please do let us know what you'd like to see.

Robin
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Salsa CRM is THE tool for success

Bewertet am 10.3.2017

Salsa CRM has been one of the easiest transitions to a new tool that I've ever experienced. From the very beginning, we were supported and guided through preparing our data for the conversion, connected with staff to train us on how to make the most of the features. After we implemented the tool, the wide variety of support and training materials has made getting the answer to any question incredibly easy. Salsa CRM gives you all the functionality of an expensive system at an affordable rate. This is the third organization I've worked for using Salsa and the second that I've led the transition from a different system.

It is easy to use and intuitive. The ability to create processes for cultivation and other engagement activities is invaluable and makes managing a growing team of fundraisers far easier.

Salsa CRM being a newer product that was based on the DonorPro platform, the manual wasn't immediately updated to reflect the online, cloud-based product.

Ellen

I love Salsa

Bewertet am 9.11.2018

Inputting data. Earmarking donations. Following metrics. Pulling reports. Sending out timely thank you notes. Sending out monthly newsletters. And I am probably using a small percent of Salsa's capabilities.

The ease at which you can store and retrieve data. I love the reports! I love the help desk - they will answer any question and stay with you until the issue is solved. I particularly enjoy working with the executive - he is very knowledgeable plus he recognizes my voice which is a nice personal touch.

As a nonprofit animal shelter, I would love for some kind of discount. However, I believe Salsa is a worthwhile CRM for all our needs.

Lynn
  • Branche: Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Admin/Development Assistant

Bewertet am 6.11.2017

It is user-friendly. It is very intuitive which makes navigating easier. Most questions can be answered by using the online help, but if a phone call is necessary the staff is very accommodating.

The overall type is very small. This might be something I'm doing or not doing but I often get different donation amounts depending on how I pull the data, I would like to be able to add fields to a set query. There may be a way and I just don't know about it.

Gabi
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Does just what you need it to do, without all of those unnecessary "bells and whistles" other...

Bewertet am 28.6.2017

Ease of use. Web based and beta platforms.

Ease of use. Web based and beta platforms.

I love that you can store queries and easily edit them to run a completely different report in just a few clicks. Queries are easy to create once you get the hang of it.

I'm not too keen on the event module. It's just never been something that has worked for our organization. I know many others who love it, but it's just never really worked for us.

Christopher
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We moved from the giant database provider to Salsa DonorPro. overall we are glad we moved.

Bewertet am 28.6.2017

I like the ease of use. I the learning curve was short so it is a plug and play program. I like copy address function. I like to screen layout.

There are limits in the design I don't like. We have a lot of important data in forms and it is hard to use that info with donation data. Fix that. We did not get the kind of support I was expecting. We were contracted for a product that didn't exist. We needed P2P in August 2016 and that was a mess. It was hard to find someone honest about mistake as well. We are having a hard time with forms because we have a lot of people filling out forms and paying for others. This is an ongoing problem.

Theresa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Somewhat satisfied but not meeting all expectations

Bewertet am 28.6.2017

Ability to move from Excel to a true database.

Ability to move from Excel to a true database.

Nothing in particular that you wouldn't expect from a standard CRM package. ability to add pictures.

The letter/mail merging is too complicated. Even after speaking with your rep who showed me step-by-step. It's an arduous process and she agreed.

Antwort von Bonterra

Theresa - Thank you for your feedback. Please check out the enhancements in our web-based word processing in the release that will be in production by end of July. Our Director of Customer Support will reach out to talk with you directly about this.

Christopher
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I liked it but I was not impressed.

Bewertet am 23.2.2019

It's a good software for raising funds, and simple details of Non-Profit companies. I can say the software is relatively easy to learn and setup, I am definitely ok with it.

I do not like how it is for the Non - Profit market, with no online pricing. You have to request pricing which means you will be talking to a salesman, not that it is bad. That is kinda good knowing they have people selling it who actually know about it, but again, Non - Profit that must talk to a salesman. Maybe it is just me, but in the end that is the only thing I did not like about it.

Karen

A great CRM!

Bewertet am 20.11.2018

Our staff all agree it's easier to learn, easier to use, and we have all really liked our Customer Support, and Customer Success Coach. They have helped grow to really thrilled with this CRM!

And the price is a wonder factor, also. Great ROI.

I initially looked at Salsa CRM because we were fed up with Raiser's Edge, and I had faith that better, and more affordable option exist! Salsa is that software for us. This CRM is user friendly, looks great, super intuitive, and the seals people were really kind and patient with my five zillion questions! This CRM has buit-in Analytics that are user friendly, the mail merge integrates with Google Docs, making our thank you process, simpler than ever! We have already grown our lists, and increased retention in the 6 months we've been using Salsa! The other HUGE factor for us, it integrates with Salsa Engage.

Change from one database to another. that's all.

Jeff
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Salsa Labs

Bewertet am 25.7.2019

amazing and highly recommended

amazing and highly recommended

Salsa is the best all-in-one software for non-profits on the market. CRM + Fundraising all in one place. Very easy to use and effective.

There is none.