CAKE

Online Point of Sale (POS) software solution for restaurants

4.6/5 (299 Bewertungen)
Mark S.
Mit Google übersetzen

Cake has made a big difference in running my bagel shops. I have more time to focus on my customers.

Bewertet am 26.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We were using a cash register before and I had looked at a number of different computerized options. When they brought this to me, it really looked like a great solution for us and has proven to be just that. Paperwork is much easier. Before it was all manual. I'd get the daily paperwork and have to enter it to have any idea of what we were doing so I'd have to spend a lot of time on that. It's basically 10% of the time it used to take which has freed me up tremendously to do more important things. In terms of keeping track of finances and hourly wages it has been a big improvement. I have two locations and now I'm able to keep track of both whether I'm there or not. On my day off I can keep track of what's going on remotely, which I definitely do check on many times every day. We don't have any big problems at all, and I just really love the system.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Thank you Mark for an excellent review of CAKE Point of Sale! We're thrilled to hear you've had such an overwhelmingly positive experience and that CAKE POS saves you time, money, and worry in managing your restaurant. We hope both locations of Island Bagel Co. continue to perform better when served with CAKE.

John L.
Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Cake promises undelivered

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

While it functions fine for the ordering and set up. The back end portion for controls of labor are not in place. You also do not have a choice on who processes your credit cards. Twice in a month we were delayed credit card processing deposits into our account. While I do believe that it was probably the 3rd parties processing fault we have 7 other locations that have not experienced this problem at all. Maybe its time for Cake to change processors! When you have pending checks to clear and you don't get your planned deposit for your credit card processing it can be stressful day with banking.

The product was recommended by Sysco. The cost and the features explained was the selling point.

There is no partnered labor control ap that works with clock in of your employees on the Cake system . With Labor control being one of the largest cost factors and with all the new features that others offer. Cakes only partner is with 7 Shifts and for that you pay a hefty price even to be able to schedule on it. If you have one location maybe you can get by with the old paper schedule but with multiple locations and a number of employees there are no feature that control early clock ins, no clock ins, breaks, and overtime alerts. The other part of this there is no interest getting it done on a time frame that makes sense. Your told one thing by the top to get you off the phone, bug them enough and they will tell you maybe its not the system for you. So save yourself some money and not buy this system if you are any way wanting to truly manage labor it just does not do it if you have many locations to keep track of. I would say if you have over 25 employees as well , you would save many dollars with systems that help control clock ins.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Hi John, thank you for taking some time to leave a candid review.

First off, thank you for acknowledging our ease of use by giving us a 5-star on it.

With that said, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the delayed deposit caused.

We understand that running multiple restaurants can be stressful enough. Our intention is to make life easier for our operators.

As for your concerns in regard to labor control, we have and are making concerted efforts to push features that would be beneficial to our operators. In our 6.28.1 release, we added the feature to prevent early clock-ins from breaks.

university.cake.net/s/article/What-s-New-in-6-28-1-0

Although we do not have overtime alerts, we are able to allow automatic clock-out times.

Knowing that this does not entirely solve your concerns, our partner at 7shifts offers a more robust labor management platform.

Take advantage of a free trial and discount:
university.cake.net/s/article/7Shifts

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 0.0/10

Lisa J.

It Works!

Bewertet am 20.1.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My experience thus far has been quite favorable. Reliable and easy to use, I can't really ask for more than that!

It does it's job, day in and day out! I'm never worried about a 6 am call that the POS isn't working. On the couple of occasions that there was a problem, Customer Service was quick to identify it and walk me through correcting it. Also, it's user friendly so training new staff on it is a breeze.

I'm not crazy about the credit card fees being pulled before the money is deposited in my account. I understand the logic behind it ... but it requires me to make daily entries for Merchant Fees instead of just a once a month bill.

Ben A.
Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Cake

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Excellent, no real issues or problems at all. Easy to use and user friendly.

Very easy to use. Rarely do have a problem but when one arises their tech support is easily accessible and ready to help.

Honestly I don’t have any problems with the company or software. The ONLY issue might be the difficulty of changing the users interface.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Hey Ben, thanks for leaving a review!

Glad to hear that we are a very easy to use and user-friendly system.

Our 24/7 support team is always on standby and ready to help when issues arise, so thank you for the shout-out!

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 7.0/10

Dennis H.
Mit Google übersetzen

Not ready for Prime Time. Crashes when you need it most.

Bewertet am 28.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I can't think of anything this POS does better than the one we replaced. If it wouldn't crash all the time, we could benefit from not having the servers leave the floor to put orders in and run credit cards, but since they are constantly crashing, we don't have that benefit.

Easy to use interface.
Order Pads should allow servers to spend more time on the floor
Inexpensive POS System.

It doesn't work when we need it to. We've been trying to get the issues resolved via Cake Support and Sysco Management for more than 8 months. It isn't getting any better. As soon as the dining room gets busy the Order Pad Apps crashes. All of our servers need to have paper and pencil ready at all times to complete their orders and stand in line at the terminal to enter them every rush. It seldom happens when we are slow. Orders get lost during entry causing double work to recover the in flight order, after printing in the kitchen causing them not to be charged on the customer's bill, and customer credit cards have been double billed as a result of Order Pad disconnects. We are spending hours with Cake Support that we should be spending working our business. We have to keep 1 person available to capture trouble shooting information for Cake Support during our rushes when (not if) the Order Pads go down. Cake Support is always busy, but will eventually call back. When they do, they aren't very knowledgeable with troubleshooting, they don't seem to be trained to go any deeper than the Cake University screens. The cheap price of the Cake system has become a huge expense in manpower and wasted time in our restaurant.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Your CAKE hardware is definitely not performing as designed. Our Customer Success Team has reached out to resolve your issue. Thank you for the honest feedback, we'll use it to create better products and support in the future.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 0.0/10

Kristin R.
Mit Google übersetzen

Cake support and management assistance

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall the system has assisted in staffing better, seeing trends with sales, reports are continuously being improved. Easy to update menu pricing and item changes. Great system for table waits, using text to notify guest table is ready is easier. Monitoring table times allowing us to see where weaknesses are. Up to date information regarding the sales, labor and comp, refunds, voids, staff errors. Everything is in one easy report.

Easy to use, 24 hour support, customer services is exceptional, constantly working on improving the system and uses the customers feedback in assisting to redesign and implement changes

With the support team so far away it is sometimes difficult to pin point the base of the system problem. Especially through phone conversations. Recently we had a Pos terminal go and it would enter things units own. It was extremely difficult to capture the incidents while it happened. Sometimes you can't capture the problem through a video or it just would stop when on the phone with support team. The problem went on for a month. Cake was outstanding and replaced the terminal free of charge for a one time customer courtesy.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Hey Kristin, thank you for your review.

We pride ourselves on our ease of use and we continuously look to improve our Point of Sale, so thanks for noticing!

Also, glad to hear that you are putting our Point of Sale and Guest Manager to great use.

Anna B.
Mit Google übersetzen

Very user-friendly on the front end, somewhat clunky on the back end

Bewertet am 20.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, our experience has been great. Before switching to CAKE we were using Square, which worked well when we were just a small cafe, but now that we've gown into a full service restaurant it's made a huge difference having a system built specifically for the industry.

The POS is very intuitive - very little training is needed before staff have it figured out. It's also very customizable so we've been able to get tickets and receipts to print exactly how we want them to.

Editing the menu is pretty arduous. There are a lot of steps involved in changing just one item and there still seem to be a few bugs to sort out. The reports are also more limited than we would like and present the data as lists of numbers rather than charts, which would be easier to digest.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Hi Anna, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are glad to hear that you were able to grow to a full-service restaurant and decided to partner with us.

We pride ourselves on being simple and intuitive and we are happy to hear that little training was required for your staff.

Thank you for your candor, we are always looking to make improvements to our Point of Sale.

Jodine P.

Best System Yet!

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The rep, our contact person at Cake, is AWESOME!!! :)

User-friendly, love that we can make changes off-site, looking forward to using their Guest Manager program and online ordering!

We wish the pizza part of their system was easier to use. Half & Half pizzas are almost 50% of our orders, and it is not the easiest to enter on this current version. The only think we liked better with one of our former systems, is that it showed an actual picture of a pizza and we could click and drag toppings from one side to the other. Much easier and better visually. We are hoping Cake implements this in the future. :) (Hope that helps).

Best System Yet?

Thank you for your kind words Jodine!

Glad to see that you are using Guest Manager and Online Ordering.

Janelle D.

Owner operator

Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Very simple to use and set up. Hooking it up was pretty simple and so was programming the system. When I add things to the system it's very simple.

Had issues when we first opened. Had to fight tooth and nail to have it fixed. I didn't feel that I had to pay to fix the issue when it was less than a year old. My disco rep helped me and we found the issue and then cake fixed it. I feel as though cake should have traveling reps that can work on issues that companies are having.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Thanks so much, Janelle, for your kind review! Love hearing that you have found CAKE so simple and easy to use. We apologize for any issues you had in getting things setup. We have an extensive remote team that is here for you 24/7/365. We would love to be on-site, but by having remote support we are able to lower our costs and pass these savings on to you. That being said, we do offer premium on-site support for customers that need it. Thanks for your feedback and for being a customer, we appreciate you!

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 5.0/10

Shelly K.

It’s the Apple of POS Systems

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It’s SOOO easy to use! We love it. Training on this thing is a breeze everything is so natural and basic. They have awesome features like split item among bills. My staff loves it. And the customers love the screen they can sign on and email receipts!

Honestly haven’t found a problem with it yet. Maybe because it doesn’t hold inventory.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Hey Shelly, thank you for your review.

Glad to hear that training was a breeze!

Carmelle N.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great Software! Great Support!! Great System!!!

Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The efficiency for the staff, which is HUGE!! We are a Family Restaurant, that worked with Carbon Guest checks. We would take an order at the table and run it back to the kitchen, and then move on to the next table. Now, because we use the IPads to take the order, we can go from table to table to take the order, while we are doing that we can have the coffee pot with us, and on the way back to the wait station, we can be carrying our pot, and cleaning tables, as well. All of this, while the cooks are working on the orders. We were able to get rid of one extra body during the week because of this efficiency. ALSO because of this system, everyone is charged the same, there is no more "guessing" how much the item costs because we are busy and don't have time to look, all of the sauces are getting charged for, and the amount of "forgetting to add it to the bill" charges are low. This system is a win, win. I just cannot say enough about it.

This system has Easy to add & Change Menu Items, which works awesome for our daily specials. It is VERY user friendly & Easy to train any age group. This system works great for reports, menu items such as what you are or are not selling, payroll, ect. I am so glad we chose this System!!

Cannot adjust the pricing after the order has been sent back to the Kitchen. I also wish there were some things you could have print in a different color that goes back to the kitchen. Our ribbons are red and black, but the printer only prints black. I also wish, there was a different way to have the orders print to the kitchen, but we are working through some of those issues. The cooks have to remember that they have to learn a different way to read the tickets as well. There are a couple of other things, but actually they are being implemented in the near future.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Thank you Carmelle for taking the time to give CAKE such a thorough and glowing review! CAKE Point of Sale does not allow for pricing modification after an order has been placed. We did this to keep cash totals consistent in your inventory - so everything adds up at the end of the day.

We hear your requests for different colored ink on your tickets and early this summer we have an update coming out that will allow you to print modifiers in red.

Thank you for trusting the Copper Penny Family Restaurant to CAKE Point of Sale, working together just makes cents!

Kim T.

I love CAKE!

Bewertet am 11.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Too many to list here but software that is easy to understand and follow and make corrections too. It runs our kitchen and food orders as well as serving as an employee time keeping system.

We purchased our Cake system two years ago after looking at many different systems for our diner after making the decision to update our entire process. The Cake system had everything that we wanted. Over the past two years we've had some issues with our system that very easily have been corrected and some that took a little time to fix. We are just too busy for me to spend countless hours trying to work out an issue and receive minimal or no satisfaction. Out of all the customer service companies we have ever done business with over the last 25 years, the best has been Cake. Hands down. No exception. The technicians are beyond wonderful. Every single technician has stayed with me until the issue at hand has been resolved and has worked with me to fully understand. We have just been updated to the newest software version of Cake and while doing my first online audit of employee timecards I found that I didn't understand how to make a certain correction. The guys at Cake walked me through it late on a Sunday evening and I was able to submit my completed, accurate payroll in time. And I LOVE the new remote access update. It's so easy and helps me keep payroll in line. The only thing I can say is thank you so much for realizing the importance of great customer service! Don't change a thing.

I wish the ipad minis that we use for mobile table service were a little more efficient and didn't drop the Cake network connection so easily. My staff has trouble always understanding how to reconnect or update as needed and I have to jump in and try to fix whatever they've done.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Thank you Kim for your great and thorough review of CAKE. We¿re honored to be among the best customer service you¿ve experienced in more than 25 years of being an industry veteran. We¿re launching a new and improved OrderPad this year, and we¿re confident it will solve issues like yours. We¿re happy you¿re using support to walk you through any issues, and we hope you¿ll keep reaching out if you should ever need help getting the most out of your CAKE Point of Sale. We can only say you¿re welcome for your praise and enthusiasm, and we¿ll continue working to be the best restaurant technology company for independent restaurants like yours!

Katie B.
Mit Google übersetzen

Cake has been such a positive experience.

Bewertet am 8.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Cake saves us time with customers and employee training. It is very user friendly and the support team is very friendly and helpful.

We switched to CAKE because we were launching a bigger location and with an expanded menu, this was the better option for us. We were previously using Square which didn't have a lot of the functions we needed as a bigger business. It's much easier for employees to work now because CAKE allows them to do clocking in and out in one convenient location, all the menu options can be put in the system which saves their time entering and hunting, and overall it's much more organized. We can also easily change the menu from our laptops on a regular basis because we've been adding a bunch of stuff, and it's much easier from our computers. The reports help us keep records of what sells the best during each season and we can decide then to bring it back or not. A lot of our customers are really impressed as well, it's very easy for them to use and they tell us on a regular basis. It's really user friendly and it all comes down to the ease of use. We just have no complaints, and whenever I need support it's easy to get to.

The screen will freeze from time to time but it is easily fixed by restarting the machine. I also wish we could find receipts by card holders last name, it would be easier to go back if we need to find a receipt for different purposes.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Your CAKE Point of Sale shouldn't be freezing, please reach out to support@trycake.com if you'd like some technical assistance troubleshooting this issue. CAKE is happy to hear Mishmash Eats is saving so much time by switching to CAKE POS. We hope you and your customers continue to have great things to say about CAKE's support, please get in touch if we can help you get more out of your CAKE Point of Sale.

Shaun H.
Mit Google übersetzen

Gives greater control over your point of sale and tracking!

Bewertet am 20.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Order accuracy and data tracking

Conversation Summary/Sample Review:
Before we started with CAKE, everything was done by hand so we had to write stuff down which posed a challenge because now you had to know what went on everything and how much things were to charge for extra. There was also no way for us to track anything, really. Now we can track sales of items in general as well as hourly, and there is even an option to track by 15-minute period, which is even greater. Changing the menu is easy and I don't have to have meetings to tell people about new prices and things, I just give a heads up and then it just shows up on the machine. Customization is super easy, so even if the customer wants something we don't have in there it's super easy to enter. And then my favorite part is that I can have different printers that send information where it needs to go, so I can send the fryer exactly what they need and the grill what they need which has helped us out a lot. Instead of looking at an order with a ton of information that makes it hard to see what needs to be done, each person can see exactly what they need to do for their part and then have it come together with better accuracy.

It would be great if customers could order online and pay with PayPal. An app for remote access to the system would be amazing.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Thank you Shaun for a great review! We do offer online ordering, and an app for remote access to the system. We've contacted your Customer Success representative to ensure that CC Diner and Ice Cream gets your just desserts! We're happy to hear CAKE Point of Sale saves time for team and adds more money to your bottom line.

Carol L.
Mit Google übersetzen

We have been very pleased with our experience with Cake, from the employer and employee standpoint.

Bewertet am 29.9.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Before CAKE we were a small mom and pop shop handwriting tickets with no POS system. Having everything handwritten caused issues for cooks and if we were looking for specific item sales, we had to go through every single hand-written ticket to track that kind of data. What attracted me to CAKE was that it was a rental program, so there was not a lot of out of pocket upfront cost, which is really important for a small restaurant. Having reporting capabilities to see what we're selling and how much has been an invaluable service. I can see our busy hours, how we did last week, all that information is right at my fingertips. I can also change the menu from wherever, even my phone, so I love the fact that no matter where I personally am, I can change prices, add things to the menu, take things off the menu, and check out our sales. Our payroll company can also log in and generate payroll which eliminates the chance of human error and gives them the convenience to do payroll on their time frame. A huge plus is the ability to make changes, additions and deletions on our own without needing someone from Cake to do it. In addition, they are very receptive to our "wish list" and quick with trouble shooting and response to problems. This system truly saves us a lot of time and stress.

The updates on the system sometimes catch us by surprise and cause a little bit of confusion for the staff. Most of the updates are very helpful, but a times, they will make a change that does not work for us. Perhaps a little more warning on the changes would help.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

CAKE makes technology for independent businesses like yours to get more done with less money, time, and overhead. We're glad to hear that it's invaluable to your pizzeria. The next time you have an item on your wish list, please do reach out, and thank you for choosing CAKE!

Mike A.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great experience, amazing support and the right way to buy software

Bewertet am 27.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We were using an older text driven system before that ran on an older OS on XP and we needed something that was Windows-oriented, vendor supported, and took support off of management's hands and handed it over to the people who are actually on the floor doing the work. Frankly the old system also broke a lot, and we needed something more technologically advanced. CAKE has been fantastic. Developing and managing the menu has been surprisingly easy, like the easiest thing I've ever done. Working with the categories and modifiers was just a piece of cake. All of the people working here love it. They came off a system they were already used to, and the conversion was completely painless and extremely fast. When we went from tickets to our old system it was a 6 month nightmare, it just took forever, and I was concerned switching to CAKE would be the same, but it was instant. The system was so intuitive, it's been really nice. It operates exactly how you think it should work, which is probably why staff took to it so readily. The way you can purchase it was also a huge factor for a small independent company like ours, so you can do a small down payment instead of a big cash outlay. It just works for us.

An ad-hoc reporting capability would be nice. The existing reports are substantial and you can download them into excel, but I would like to be able to create my own.

Antwort von CAKE, a Sysco Company

Thank you Mike for your great review of CAKE! CAKE Point of Sale makes it easy for you to work faster, more efficiently, and with less overhead. We¿re glad to hear your staff is loving it as much as you are!

Joseph G.
Mit Google übersetzen

Very happy overall with the Cake System.

Bewertet am 5.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

decreased ticket times, no more pocketed tickets, better overall customer satisfaction.

Our main problem before CAKE was time. It was taking too much time for servers to get something written on paper and get back to the POS to put everything in. If the internet was down everything was down so we wanted something cloud based so we could continue with transactions even if the internet had problems. CAKE meets all the needs we were looking for. We've got a much faster turnover rate on being able to get orders in and back to kitchen and out to the table, and we can continue taking orders even without internet, which have both helped with revenue. We also like using the guest manager system so when we run out of tables we can get numbers and page when tables open up which was an added benefit. I can also do things on the fly like change the menu even when I'm not on the restaurant, someone just gives me a call and I can add it from my personal laptop and it goes directly to the POS system, which has been really helpful as well.

Touch screen interaction is not instant. There is a half second lag in some of the menu screens. It may not sound like much, but anyone in the restaurant industry knows that every single second counts during the lunch rush. This lag also includes certain unnecessary animations between certain screens.
Certain features such as an on the fly print button from the table layout screen would decrease our table times.
The Split screen is very counter-productive compared to other systems.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

We're so happy to hear Cafe at the Gardens is running efficiently and profitably since switching to CAKE! But we are sorry to hear that you're experiencing a touch screen lag. If you haven't already done so, we advise contacting support@trycake.com for further investigation. We have brought this to the attention of our Product team in the meantime. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences!

Zick M.
Mit Google übersetzen

They Give You Choices....Who Doesn't Like Choices?

Bewertet am 1.7.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The highest grade i will ever give a POS system is a 9/10 because there is always something new and innovative that you will be chasing, no matter which system you have. Therefore there is no '10' system. These guys got the 9. They have a nice system, but what i like best, is that they survey their CURRENT customers to find out what they can do better, then make it better. And they give you choices.....who doesn't like choices?!

Look: Unlike many of the Micros and Aloha-type companies out there, the machine looks modern and even futuristic with the customer touch screen. We demo'd with Revel and their multi-screen set up looks out of place and almost alien-like. What is that?

Ease of Use: It has many features that make training a breeze. Training mode, quick search bar for menu items, global modifiers, etc. The screen is organized, and not cluttered with a bazillion different colors like a fireworks display. i always hated that with other systems.

Price: They give you what you NEED, whether it is included with the system or a 3rd party add on. This helps keep the cost down for folks like me who don't need a robust inventory system or scheduling software....if i did need it, I could add that on. They don't include, and charge you for everything, when you may not use everything.

Sysco: How can you not feel comfortable doing business with a POS company owned by this food distribution giant? This was part of why we went with them.

i must say, the name sounds a bit silly, but does Apple sell Apples?

The Support was a bit shaky for a minute but i was told they just added an additional Support department in Texas. Since then, it has been great!

I would like to see more from their loyalty program. Support told me this is being upgraded and will be included in an upcoming software update!

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Thank you Zick for your thorough and clear enthusiasm for CAKE! We're thrilled to have stood out among so many great options in the POS marketplace, and we'll continue to improve our POS based on what our customers want.

Chris M.
Mit Google übersetzen

Drastically improved our order efficiency. Responsive Customer Service.

Bewertet am 31.5.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We had a system before CAKE for several years that we couldnt upgrade, which was our biggest issue. It was becoming slower and slower and features werent very robust, even though it was very expensive. CAKE is very responsive from a customer service perspective, and theyre always very helpful. We feel very comfortable calling when we have issues, which dont often come up, whereas before we incurred service fees every time we needed customer support. The reporting is helpful from a record-keeping and costing perspective and does what we need. CAKE is always adding new features and improving the software aspect of it which is great because theres always something new we can take advantage of to improve our business. We were able to process more customers per hour because of increased efficiency, ease of use, and speed of the system. Its an attractive piece of hardware that fits in seamlessly with the rest of our aesthetic, and because of the customers ability to interact on the other side of the screen, its been a great benefit for our employees as tips went up substantially.

You have the ability to choose your owner credit card processor, but you have to purchase separate processing hardware. Running cards this way ads a layer of inefficiency to the transaction process, increasing service time.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Thank you for choosing CAKE, Chris! We're excited that you can see increases in tips, and we're thrilled that you're getting the most out of CAKE by using all the features we offer

Loc T.
Mit Google übersetzen

Streamline and solid POS employee facing screen

Bewertet am 18.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Remote reports I can download or pdf a copy. Menu changes that is remote along with daily emails on sales summary. Easy to setup menu also.

I liked the system because it had a customer facing screen. I also didn't want to buy my own POS system so I could get updates from the software holder instead of getting stuck with outdated software. I like how they do send us updates and try to improve the system, constantly trying to make it better. I do everything remotely so there are a lot of new features that help with that too. I can pull reports quarterly and sales reports, look at tips and do all the payroll without a different system. Everything can be forwarded directly to my CPA. Even though there are things to improve on, I do recommend the system and like it a lot. I was very careful to pick the right one for the flow of the business, it feels right and after 2 years using it, it still feels great.

More frequent updates to remote manage since I usually work off site. Already does a good job, but lets keep the updates coming. I want to able to edit employee incorrect login times since I am always getting a text from an employee to help them fix it and be able to make discount changes remotely as well.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

CAKE appreciates your thorough and thoughtful review, We're glad more than two years later you are still getting great value from CAKE Point of Sale. We keep innovating our products so that tips and payroll are a snap. We hear your needs about more robust remote management, and we'll send your thoughts to our product development team.

Rey G.
Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use. Up and running in no time. Great customer service!

Bewertet am 15.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Ease of use and so much easier trying new staff members.

We've had 2 POS systems before we tried CAKE. The very first one we had was already 5 years old so it was running really slow and just couldn't handle what we needed it to do. We upgraded that one to Clover and we had high hopes but it just really didn't work out for us. We had batching issues, the numbers weren't matching, and honestly it ended up making more work for us with bookkeeping. Since we switched, closing and reporting have been so much easier. Everything is a lot easier to keep track of like sales and payroll and it's so much nicer because you can see all that online. It's also easier to add new menu items or move things around and just easier to use in general, especially once we got everything up and running. It's a simple set up and I'd definitely recommend just giving it a try.

No Big cons really. One minor con, is that we wish we could accept partial payment on our regular customers running tabs. It would make it so much easier.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Thank you for taking the time to review CAKE, Rey! We're glad to hear this is the best of the 3 Point of Sale systems you've tried in your restaurant. We make it easy for you to open, close, and simply generate reports from anywhere.

This video from CAKE University can help you with more information on splitting orders by payments. Thank you for choosing CAKE for Bon Vinos Bistro and Bakery.

Brian C.
Mit Google übersetzen

Owner of 2 bars for 5 years.

Bewertet am 7.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We were iPad based with our old system which made us slaves to wifi and it went out all the time. There were daily complaints and we had too much revenue for that kind of system so it just didn't work out for us. A POS should just work and CAKE works. It's been about two years since we'e switched and there are never any complaints from the staff anymore. As an owner, I'm a report guy. The backend reports are self-explanatory and extremely comprehensive. It makes it easy to check out what's being given out in discounts and comps, online orders, sales by category, sales by employee, sales by quarter hour, sales vs labor costs, pretty much anything you'd want to know. It makes tax and bookkeeping easier, which is very important to me. The whole system is easy to use, the interface is simple, and as soon as I can I'm going to switch my other bar to CAKE too.

I don't like the fact that it only reports cash closed on the back end instead of what is actually opened. So I don't get the true sales we are making until the very end of the night.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review Brian! We love reports ourselves, and we're glad the CAKE Point of Sale gives you the reporting you need to run your bar your way.

Thank you for your feedback on reporting. We hear you, and the issue is on our radar.

Caryn P.
Mit Google übersetzen

Efficiency on so many levels....

Bewertet am 20.5.2017

loss prevention, reporting

We have seen an increase in profits, customer service and the reporting ability has helped to make our business better. Both in the front and back of the house. We had been operating on old-fashioned handwritten tickets, implementing this system has benefited us in so many ways. I love the ability to be able to log on from home and see the sales at any given time. In addition, I have been so pleased with the quality of personal customer service I have received from the lead sales manager. He has helped with the initial start up, set up and functionality of the system has provided attention to detail and any hiccups that have ever arisen he has all problems solved quickly and efficiently. I, as well as the staff, find the system pretty intuitive. We have decided to implement online ordering now, and I hope to see an increase in sales. Overall, I am pleased with Cake.

I am not thrilled with the credit card processing company that we must use, I would prefer to someone else.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Thank you for taking the time to voice your experiences, Caryn! We do offer the option to choose a different credit card processor, although the problem is we can't offer support if issues should arise. If you'd like more information about a 3rd party processor, please contact support@trycake.com

Lorenia S.

good program

Bewertet am 9.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

When we switched from our old POS to CAKE, we were looking for something faster and easier which is exactly what we got. Our old system had a server and all the data made it super slow. We like having the ipads that take orders faster right at the table. It's a lot easier to update the menu or make changes and I can actually change it from my computer so I don't even have to be in the restaurant. I can do it from home the night before and it'll be ready the next day. I also look at sales reports and employee hours from home a lot too. There's not a lot of user error, and it makes things in general a lot smoother.

the connection with iPad has to refresh often , that means the waitress has to check iPad before going to tables i am not sure is because the system or our connection is very poor.

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

CAKE is happy to hear the Avenue Cafe is working smarter, faster, and more easily with CAKE Point of Sale. We make it simple for you to update your menus and manage your restaurant from anywhere, so you get more done while going about your busy day. It sounds like your OrderPad is having some technical issues, It sounds like your OrderPad is having some technical issues, if you¿d like to reach out to support@trycake.com we'd be happy to help you work through the issue so your hardware is performing as intended. Thank you for choosing CAKE!

Alicia S.

Restaurant

Bewertet am 8.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It helps a lot by keeping track of your sales.

The CAKE system is a lot more convenient than using a little old-fashioned register. It's a very helpful system. Keeping up with orders is way more convenient and we love being able to have a count of what you're selling at the end of the day. We can see what's being sold and what's being given away and at the end of the day, you can really see a breakdown of the profit. Any other system can't really do that. It's definitely helped us see what things are popular and what's not great sellers so we can give our customers more of what they want, and it makes it easier to see what staff is not selling and giving away for free. It's just a very convenient, helpful register and I've seen other businesses using it and there are so many different settings in the program for bigger facilities. If someone doesn't have this program, they don't know what they're missing. It just makes everything so much easier, and I've dealt with plenty of registers before. This is as simple as it gets. I'd recommend it to anyone

Antwort von CAKE from Sysco

Thank you Alicia for your great review of CAKE! We have to agree, old-fashioned registers are so last century. CAKE is glad Anthony¿s Mediterranean has the information and tools you need to streamline your operations and improve your business. We appreciate your glowing review and we¿ll keep working hard to earn your praise.