Whip Around Bewertungen

Whip Around

#1 Fleet Inspection & Maintence App (DVIR)

4.8/5 (271 Bewertungen)

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Whip Around is great because it replaces the head ache of paper pretrips. It can be updated with the click of a few buttons and is very customizable to any need your business has in regards to checklist and inspections. The reporting is clean. Its very simple to add vehicles, users, or employees.

I like that Whip Around is completely digital. It has a unique API that can be integrated into our reporting platform, Looker. I like that the software is user friendly. It is very dynamic in that changes can be made in a few minutes vs traditional hard copy inspections which would need to be reprinted or versions become obsolete. The email reporting and the web platform reporting makes it very easy to see if employees are completing their inspections. If there are faults, we can easily identity them to send on to the mechanic. We have been able to integrate it company wide very easily because of how dynamic the software is with adding new users, vehicles, locations, forms, etc.

I would like a existing fault form that can be filled out for vehicles as they are added to the fleet or whip around is integrated. I would also like the ability to customize forms a little more with something such as a multiple photo option. I would also like a Manager version within the application. I would also like to see Whip Around continue to partner with telematics companies.

Antwort von Whip Around

Thanks for the review! Multiple photo cards are being worked on along with more functionality added to the mobile app for fleet managers and mechanics. Keep an eye out for the ongoing updates!

Joe C.
Mit Google übersetzen

Amazing tool for remotely managing fleet and driver staff

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, Whip-Around is a great product and a very effective tool.

I am part of a team that manages over 70 drivers and a fleet of 33 vehicles in 16 states. This software has been the perfect solution to remotely manage pre and post trip reports, vehicle maintenance, and driver compliance. It’s very simple to implement with drivers due in large part to not require special or expensive equipment - most of our drivers use the free app on their own smartphones. We also use inexpensive Samsung tablets which we leave on the vehicles (one per vehicle). Other great features are the document management for fleet and drivers, mechanic notifications and updates, and the ease of generating reports and summaries.

The only thing I would like to see improve is the driver communication tools. Currently, there is no feature in place that notifies drivers of the status of faults they reported. There is a feature to leave comments on a fault report, but drivers are not notified of those comments. Also, there is a feature to alert drivers if they miss a report or to send them reminders, however, it only sends these notifications via the app for drivers, so they would have to be logged in to see it. Sending text messages directly to the drivers via their personal mobile phones would be much more effective.

Dan W.

People actually helping people -

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 29.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My interactions with the Whip Around crew has been great. They are actually people - can you believe that!? People helping people in an attempt to make their software better, make your jobs easier, help you solve problems and eliminate wasted time... its crazy. When I send a message to their support team on the website, I get a response (sometimes from a robot, but even the robot is helpful and a real person will be with you within a couple minutes); when I call I get to talk to someone; when I email I actually get a response - they even follow-up with appropriate calls and emails. Super great group to work with.

The software has been easy to implement (given proper time to create the forms) and the way we were able to create and customize these forms has sped up the drivers times on completing pre-trip inspections, reduced the number of faults missed, and decreased our maintenance turn-around so that our vehicles are kept road-ready more often.

Implementing and using Whip Around has been a very positive experience for us.

I would change the question to ask "What DO you like most..." as we don't plan on eliminating the use of Whip Around anytime soon. It has saved us a ton of time by digitizing and streamlining a cumbersome paper data-entry process. That benefit just by itself, ignoring the other utilities of Whip Around, more than justifies its low-cost (which is another great benefit).

There is only one small con that I can think of currently - It would be amazing if the system would auto-log drivers out after X amount of time being idle. This issue also falls on our drivers for being forgetful or non-observant, but auto-logout would eliminate the "oops, I didn't realize I was on another drivers account" hiccups.

Hi Dan!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are currently in discussion about the auto log out for drivers. I will be sure to keep you in the loop with this. We appreciate your business and are so excited to continue working with you!

Scott S.

Great product

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are using Whip Around most particularly for Inspection reports on trucks and trailers as well as Inventory control and a mechanics checklist. Thus far, it has been great. We are supposed to be able to combine it with our Verizon Connect account, which we havent figured out as of yet, but it is a matter of time before it gets even better.

The ease of use is probably the best thing. We did a simple training for our crew one day and started use the following Monday. It was really easy to use.

Have not really found a con as of yet...

Antwort von Whip Around

Thanks so much for your review Scott and yes we now have an integration with Verizon Connect. We a keen to continue to develop this and improve the customer experience. Please contact your account rep at Verizon Connect to get your credentials to connect the two accounts. If you need help with configuring it please let us know via the online chat. We are there 24/7 to support you.

Johnnie H.

Pre and Post Trip Reports

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We just recently had a training conference call and webinar last week with members of our management team and Whip Around. They were very knowledgeable and informative. CSR was fantastic in answering all of our questions.

We use Whip Around every day for our Pre and Post Trip Inspections for our entire fleet which is about 30 trucks and drivers. It's very simplistic for the administrator as far as customization. And it's very easy for the end users (our drivers) to use. It also helps our Fleet Maintenance Department track faults and needed repairs.

Our company has been using this software for the last few years. However, being new to the company, I personally have only been using it for the past 5 months. But so far, I can honestly say, there's not too much this software is lacking.

Ryne J.

Best D-DVIR Software

Bewertet am 19.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Whip Around has allowed us to go paperless with our DVIRs. The ease of use by the PVOs combine with the dashboard and fault reporting has allowed our company to act quicker to faults than ever before. The program has been good so far and we look forward to future features that will release.

This software does exactly what it says, it digitalizes the DVIRs required by the DOT. It also helps track vehicle faults, allowing our Operations Team to stay in the know and react appropriately at all times.

The one feature that needs to be implemented is a much more robust "reminder" feature. Right now you can only set reminders with a very limited control over when and how these reminders would be sent. It would be amazing to allow admin to set up reminders for specific forms and on specific days to specific PVOs. EX. send a pre-trip reminder to all employees on Monday - Friday at 7am.

Antwort von Whip Around

Thank you for your feedback, Ryne!

I just sent you an email addressing the updates we released for our Reminders Feature. You now have the ability to set regular inspection reminders, missed inspection reminders, and more!

Let us know if you have any questions!

Mike M.

Best Inspection APP out there

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

whip around is always moving forward and there to tell me about new updates and stuff. cant understand how the could have such great pricing.

with a large construction company there are a lot of moving parts and vehicle maintenance needs to be maintained. I have 24 Utility trucks and 2 peterbuilts and this app based program really helps. what first attracted me to it is how simple it looked for my field techs, my thoughts where not only the money to start a program but all the training that would have to take place but this app is so easy there was hardly any training at all. the back office features are great too, I can control almost anything and if I need help support is just a chat away. I highly recommend for any size fleet.

I would like to see whip around spread to other sectors of fleet management like ELD systems and GPS programs so I can have it all under one program.

Mike!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a great review of Whip Around.

We have a lot of great new features coming out so stay tuned!

Whip Around Review

Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

So far, our overall experience with Whip Around has been fantastic! The initial account set up was very easy, and they made sure our specific needs and questions were handled right then and there.

Our Account Manager actually visited our location to give the "kick-off" training to our drivers, as well as to our Service Managers and Admin. She was very knowledgeable, friendly, and super helpful when answering questions. She really wanted to learn about our business, which was refreshing, and has consistently checked in to make sure everything is going well.

Our drivers were a bit reluctant, as they weren't too excited about learning yet another system, and having to do something different than that of which they were used too, but the feedback we've gotten from all of them so far is that they love the Whip Around app., and wish we would have gotten it years ago!

Our drivers are actually asking a lot of DOT/maintenance questions now, and that is exactly what we were hoping would happen!

We like the software so much, that we're also going to utilize the system for our forklift inspections. Our Service Managers are loving the ease of the "dashboard", and are finding it much easier to keep tabs on not only maintenance, but making sure the drivers are conducting pre and post trip inspections as needed.

The ease of the app. for our drivers, as well as the ease of the admin portal. I added the Spanish version pre & post trip inspection form for a certain vehicle, and it was so simple. I have also added a few additional vehicles, and have had to do a few other things on the admin side, such as adding a "notes" box, etc.. Everything is pretty self explanatory, and it's great to know there is always support available if needed.

Really nothing that I can think of .... we haven't even gotten any internal complaints from our drivers, so that speaks volumes!!!!

Antwort von Whip Around

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We appreciate your support!

Corinna C.

Happy Review

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

So happy I learn of whip around it has saved me so much desk space by not having everyday paperwork sitting to be signed off or waiting for work to be done.
I up load the issue and what equipment needs worked on and send email to our mechanic he then signs off with his statement when done that SIMPLE.

How easy it is to review all faults or non faults,I can follow every piece of equipment in now time,or if an employee isn't signing in,great tracking .

well I'm a slow learner, it took me a couple of trial's and with the help of support i got a lot figured out!!! do i have it all figured out no but as i move forward i feel confident or i call support.

Antwort von Whip Around

Thanks for the review. It's great that Whip Around is helping you out so much!

Ryan M.

Overall Very good

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Using this type of software reduces the chance of missing potential issues with equipment and has reduced the downtime as faults are reported sooner. Auditors in my experience have been overall impressed with the system and prefer this over searching through filing cabinets.

Ease of use, modern web interface with good tablet support etc. Ideal for streamlining and keeping on top of daily checks with customisation of templates as you go.
Reporting of faults is made efficient with ability to upload images etc
Ability to set reminders with email alerts and good customer support when needed.
Improvements get made on the fly showing ongoing development of the software is still active.

Would like to see the option to add templates that are user restricted to allow service templates to be created for maintenance staff. At the moment I cant see how to do this, perhaps its something they are working to implement with a future update ?

Jordan F.

We love WhipAround!

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

WhipAround has been a great tool for us to stay in compliance, track team behaviors, and keep records. We highly recommend.

WhipAround allows us to keep an electronic log of complete pre and post-trip inspections and have our teams complete these inspections easily.

We are not able to set up a report that automatically advises when drivers do not complete inspections. We understand that this may we require API integration, but we believe it would allow us to identify and improve our own compliance issues much more efficiently.

Hi Jordan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business!

Thank you for your words regarding the driver inspection reminders. This is something we are planning to integrate at some point.

Shelly T.

Whip Around Review

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are a trucking company that does not have an onsite mechanic. This enables our drivers to communicate daily if there are any issues with their trucks or if they need supplies for their trucks. We are able to keep track of current mileages on trucks this way also so that we are able to track when a service needs performed, which frees up a lot of my time having to make a visual on each truck to record mileage. With the feature of drivers being able to upload pictures, I can send that on to the mechanic so they are able to put an eye on what the driver is reporting. The ease of use has given our drivers a tool that they can use and it is a time saver for management.

Truck drivers are easily able to use it without much instruction. It is easy to change truck numbers in the system. It is very comprehensive. Drivers are able to upload pictures and comments easily.

Sometimes when there are updates to the software, drivers have to uninstall and reinstall the software.

Great mobility tool

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The product is backed by a friendly and helpful team makes for winning combination.

So very easy to setup and use. Having the ability to monitor and oversee the entire fleet at once is a great benefit to the company. Drivers find the process really easy and not laborious at all. The maintenance crew are able to respond to faults as they are reported. Creating, editing and changing forms is a breeze.

The fact that it is not currently linked directly to any of the existing fleet management and servicing software.

Antwort von Whip Around

Thanks for reviewing Whip Around. We have some good news for you. We have 9 integrations planned this year and 3 are about to launch next month. If you would like more details please contact support.

Kevin W.

Whip around review

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are very happy with the program

Easy to use, much better than paper, the dashboard is user-friendly, most importantly the system allows you to customize your forms giving you the data you want and eliminating the data you don't need, excellent program

My only issue with the software was my initial contact with the salesperson, he told me about a special offer that was much less expensive than the actual program cost, when I signed up for the program they knew who this person was and were upset that he made this offer, they were also unwilling to grant it to me. This was very frustrating but I like the program so much I signed up anyway

Hi Richard!

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your early experience. Glad that the software is meeting your needs and that you are very happy with the program!

We look forward to a long term partnership.

7.0/10
Rick S.
Mit Google übersetzen

Second Time User and Works Just as Well!

Bewertet am 13.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I appreciate the automation of the data being collected.

Whip Around is simple and powerful. I'm a small owner/operator and this is a great tool for keeping track of mileage, as well as details that DOT might want to see. I implemented this for a previous employer and have continued to use and enjoy it as a owner/operator. Thanks rep and crew!

Occasionally the software hangs, but I find this is often the mobile device and not the software itself.

Hi Rick,

You are right, in the world of software and applications, occasionally there are hiccups, but so happy to hear you enjoy our product!

Best,

Chris I.
Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to navigate and keep my finger on the pulse of my fleet

Bewertet am 26.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Keep a keen eye on the fleet overall and vehicle conditions. Used to track it with paper inspections and created a lot of waste paper and inconsistent pre & post trip inspections

Easy to check driver inspections and investigate into faults. Can keep my team of drivers of accountable for our fleet and love the ability to look at a van's history with a few keystrokes

I would like a feature where I could pull weekly mileage from all vehicles. For example, the "milage" field auto-populates a weekly form to track mileage where the end of the week I could easily get the mileage sum for the week for the fleet. This is something I do manually now with each unit in the fleet and would save me about an hour a week

Antwort von Whip Around

Hi Chris! Thanks for you feedback! I will be sure to send your mileage suggestion over to our developers to consideration. Thanks for your business!

Brent M.
Mit Google übersetzen

Answer to our growing problem

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love everything about this App. From the initial, and ongoing customer service, to all of the inspection problems this solved for our company.

App can be tailored to my specific business
Snapshot tracking of who is performing required inspections
Vehicle specific tracking

Very little I don't like but if I have to get nit picky, paying for groups of vehicles instead of per vehicle. If I only have 16 vehicles I don't want to have to pay for 15-20.

Thanks for the review!

Morgan F.
Mit Google übersetzen

Very happy with Whip Around!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall we are happy wit our service.

The simple steps to complete an inspection is so convenient and easy to train new employees.

When multiple faults are listed on an inspection each fault is recorded separately on the faults page. Reporting for our in house DOT audit is difficult. We run a CSV for all faults and add the Work Order from there. It would be nice to have an option to fill in a field for work order on a fault that will generate a separate column on the CSV files.

Hey Morgan!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Whip Around and provide us with great feedback. Great news! We are currently working on a premium work order module where you'll be able to group faults and preventative maintenance (including mileage based reminders). Our product team are going to reach out to get your input into!

Pat K.
Mit Google übersetzen

Ease to a busy environment

Bewertet am 5.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

In our day to day operations we have numerous people driving the same vehicle, keeping up with damage and missing inventory items - whip around asked the standard questions to every user giving us continuity with every inspection

Nothing - it has made our business operate much better

Amber R.
Mit Google übersetzen

$450 ROI within the first WEEK!

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 22.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I look forward to on boarding our entire fleet, and further reducing operational and maintenance costs. It's only been a week, but I can see the benefit clearly and highly recommend the software. It's such an affordable subscription - what do you have to lose?

With Whip Around, our Office Manager was able to get a heads up regarding upcoming repairs that needed to be made BEFORE it was too late. This resulted in some research and some strategic purchasing that is projected to save us at least $450/annually going forward.

The customer service team is amazing! That little chat bot at the bottom of your home screen responds in real time, and is actually useful - they were able to put trucks that were out of service on hold within minutes of me asking.

I wish it was more than just maintenance! The dashboard is modern and well designed, and I really wish we could do more with Whip Around than just maintenance related issues. Time to expand team ;)

Hi Amber!

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that our software is saving your business money! Let's get together soon and talk more about what other features you are looking for!

Bill P.

NO MORE PAPER!

Bewertet am 1.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The main benefit is that we are finding is that because of how quick and easy it is for the drivers to use the app we are finding that they are writing up more things and we are able to spot problems sooner. This allows us to save time on larger repairs down the road.

The ability to give our drivers the tools needed to report any problems they have with the equipment. It no longer takes a day for the Maintenance dept to get the paper DVIR's its instant. Once the driver submits it on the app it goes directly over, its that easy! I cant tell you the time and money that we are saving with this system.

None to add.............................

Hi Bill!

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear how well Whip Around is working for you and your drivers. We appreciate your business!

Crystal B.

Easy to use!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Able to keep a close eye on mileage, I'm made aware of problems much faster and pictures help so much, as well as a description. Has improved the overall care of my fleet vehicles.

I like how easy this software is to use and to tweak. Completely customizable.

Too many errors. When I run my reports, mileage is missing although it was input. Also hate that it keeps forgetting my settings. It seems to get fixed and then one day its back to the old settings, frustrating to have to go back to fix it.

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. The errors and missing mileage is something we are going to get in touch with you about and see if we can get a permanent fix done for you. We really appreciate you letting us know about this and remember, if you need any support we offer this to you 24/7 via online chat and phone.

Michael H.

Great APP

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am really liking how Whip Around is efficient for my business. It is saving time and money for the company in the long run. So far I am happy and have referred Whip Around to 2 other companies that are using the service.

I like how there is an option for pictures. As well as assigning my drivers to there own profile. Very convenient to print out any mechanical issues and assign to my mechanics for the day of work.

The system some times forgets to send emails when the drivers are done there inspection. Other than that is works well. So far.

Hi Michael!

Thank you so much for your kind feedback on our app!

I am sorry to hear you have not received a few emails from your drivers. I am going to look into this.

We have an awesome Referral Program, so keep em coming! Thank you for your business!

Edgardo M.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great experience and full of knowledge.

Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It helps me to have all my maintenance fleet up to date.

Having the reports ready to export as PDF and share them with my team, it's the best part! Also, I would like to recommend if you can have a way to have each vehicle for separately.

As a fleet manager, I would like to be able to have each city or station per group in order to have all the reports separately.

Hi Edgardo,

The software does have the ability group each city or station by group. I will reach out to you via phone to explain.

Thank you!

Adrian E.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Being able to run reports of vehicles, keeping drivers accountable.

This software is easy to use. The clean interface and ease of customization is one of our favorite features.

We would like a way to print out the forms in a blank state. For instructional purposes, it helps drivers understand in a "big picture" kind of way.

Hi Adrian,

Thank you so much for the review. We really appreciate your feedback. I have sent you an email with the forms in blank state. Hopefully it is what you were after for your instructional purposes. If not, please reply and we will try and work something out for you.