Knowify

Sortieren nach

Michael
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

This is how it should be and it's only getting better

Bewertet am 6.7.2016

Knowify is singularly impressive in it's ability to speak to both the complex and real time needs of contractors while satisfying the employee, office staff, and the accountant's requirements. Our office has tried repeatedly to classify this program, as estimation, project management, AR, job costing, etc. when speaking with clients, and ultimately with each new client we find it is more than that, it is simply the right answer for the right problem for contractors. Combine Knowify's ever growing list of built in (and truly astonishing) benefits, with a staff who are willing to take our's, and I'm sure many, users suggestions for improved useage and the result is a company you want to see leading the market.

By far the best feature of Knowify is that, with a seemingly simple but comprehensive interface, the program is intuitively generating more beneficial outputs, then we could first imagine.

At first blush the interface seems very directed in how one should use it, but we began, after working with the demo, to find it slightly obtuse when faced with little ideosyncrasies common to many contractors. So far the team at Knowify has not disappointed in aiding us with these minor hiccups, which tended to be a lack of understanding on our end about certain settings, and not the program itself.

Tierney
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

As a Quickbooks desktop Beta customer, we are still ironing out some sync troubles.

Bewertet am 24.10.2017

The online-ability is great for the boss in the field, but with QBD we have had to establish work arounds.

Knowify has many modules that are useful, however they do not all work with QBD quite yet. Once they can get the sync figured out it will be a one-stop-shop for estimating, time-tracking, invoicing, scheduling. We do not use the Plan and Track feature, but I can see how that could be VERY helpful. Emailing customers is very easy. Purchase orders are EASY to send. Getting customer signatures is EASY.

1) The billing module is very detailed, so it takes a long time to enter bills. There should be a shortcut around entering an "Item" that allows choosing an expense account. And maybe allocate to the job not based on an item in contract. Also Autofill feature? Or a Copy previous bill? 2) Default accounts are confusing. For a long time they did not save after I entered them. And many of them do not allow us to choose a COGS type account. 3)Time tracker does not sync at all. 4) Sub customer doesn't autofill address of top customer. 5)Estimate/Invoice template formats are not editable - I want to adjust which fields and where they go on the document. 6)Can't do a $0 estimate -sometimes a customer wants to choose from options. 7) Class info did not sync 8) In Plan and Track the work order should autofill item description from the contract 9) t would be great if Comments were visible in Time entries Instead of having to click on them to see.

Chris
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Decent

Bewertet am 23.10.2019

My overall experience is that there are room for improvements...

My overall experience is that there are room for improvements...

Has most of the options I am interested in using. Having written that though, it doesn't have all the options...

No monthly average for hours... I would like it to calculate pay... Be more user friendly with the company the work is being done...

Joel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Wanted to make this a priority for my business, but customer service is terrible.

Bewertet am 25.2.2018

A good idea of what I want. Otherwise, no benefit at all. This software, by itself, is a great concept, but the management team and the connectivity with my normal QB software is abhorrent.

Makes bids, change-orders, and scheduling easy. In theory - but not actuality - it should link with Quickbooks, which, if working, would be awesome.

Customer service doesn't take the time to determine what is wrong. There are several tiers of people who are trying to help, but they continue to give a quick reaction to solve the problem and don't really help. The program itself only links with Quickbooks occasionally. If you don't input information perfectly, it scrambles your numbers and can throw all of your books off. Getting access to human help is hard. The input work is way more work than the results.

Antwort von Knowify

Hello Joel,

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience with our customer support. We at Knowify put an extremely high priority on all tickets and the majority of our customers will agree that this is one of the strongest parts of Knowify (as shown in many reviews on this page).

Your specific case threw us a curveball, as you had deleted your access to Knowify on a Friday night. Our customer support team is made up of specially trained technicians based out of the US, so dealing with a non-standard issue in the after hours might take a bit longer, especially if we have to involve our tech team. Even still, we did have your account back up by 7am the following morning.

Given that you like the product and the idea behind it, we hope you can work beyond this to try Knowify again in the future.

~The Knowify Team

Jenn
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I really like how responsive the Knowify team is to questions and support!

Bewertet am 16.5.2018

Keeping close tabs on project P&L's is great with Knowify. Project Managers/Admin can pull data at any time to keep up-to-date on project costs. We like being able to use AIA billing through Knowify. Finding one place to apply all job costs to a project is great!

We all like how we have been able to provide ideas/needs to Knowify and see them integrate many of those into their updates and new options.

There are still some functions that area holding us back in what we are able to do with Knowify, specifically billing. We have been told that they are working on those options, but the sooner those are added the better workflow we will have using their system.

Esther

Knowify is a great tool that has transformed our project management.

Bewertet am 15.5.2018

Knowify is intuitive, manages job costing well, and most importantly ties all aspects of a job together in one, easy to understand space.

By far the worst thing about Knowify is the reporting. Though there are numerous reports built in, they are not easily manipulated, and they filter data depending on how it is put into the software. This is especially true for invoicing, though it is mainly a project management software and not an accounting software

Jim
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great program for managing my commercial roofing company

Bewertet am 11.12.2018

This software makes sure we are being profitable and shows us where we need to do better on different kinds of jobs.

This software tracks my employee time and job location. Great for seeing how long jobs are actually taking. The estimating portion is awesome once you have your pricing entered. Estimating templates make sure you don't forget parts or pieces to the estimate. Great customer service!

No cons as of yet. Been using this software for over a year.

John

Great Program

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

I finally feel organized in my business.

I finally feel organized in my business.

This software makes it very simple to make change orders, simple invoicing, and great documentation.

Some times the address look up system does not work. The phone log in app tends to lag or not work at times. I wish I could add lines in-between existing lines on the break down or bill of materials. This would be for grouping reasons. To make is easier to understand.

Doug
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This software has been a huge time saver.

Bewertet am 28.10.2017

It has saved me hours of paper work when it comes time to invoicing. It is also great to know exactly how many man hours a project takes.

Once the estimate is approved the office work is over. All employees are able to track there time and materials directly to the job with no extra work involved when it is time to invoice.

My employees do like not being able to view all of there entered time for the last two weeks, but I believe this might not be the case with the last update.

• Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen

Good Program for Contractors

Bewertet am 13.12.2018

We've been able to take most of our business electronically, which helps us improve our business and helpls our client communicate with us.

The customization you can make to quotations, line items and the catalog.

The scheduling software is very basic. and does not have abilities to add more details so we use another program for this.

Sara
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Knowify has drastically simplified the admin side of our business.

Bewertet am 15.5.2018

Job costing & tracking, easy AIA style billing / invoicing.

Job costing & tracking, easy AIA style billing / invoicing.

The biggest pro of this is the step-by-step process from bidding to proposal to billing. We are easily able to track and manage each step of the process, produce AIA style invoices efficiently and track all payments in one application. And a huge shout-out to customer support - anytime I have an issue, they respond and are able to help us out within an hour or two (even outside of business hours).

Every once in a while there will be a glitch, sending payments over to quickbooks an extra time (but this also could be our synching with banking...). Either way, it's an easy fix as long as you are also managing your books correctly.

Henry
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen

Overall Good Software for Construction Industry

Bewertet am 5.3.2020

Pretty good experience overall. Would recommend for small and medium sized business that needs to streamline their contracts.

Product is easy to use, good interface.
Like the sub-client feature.
Really like the ability to customize the contract.

Needs better reporting systems for our commissions sales reps.
Needs separation between sales rep contracts.

Donna
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easily tracks jobs and costs associated with the jobs.

Bewertet am 27.10.2017

All documents and invoicing in one place. Interacts with QBO.

All documents and invoicing in one place. Interacts with QBO.

Interacts with QBO. Also like the reports available. Easy to navigate between open and outstanding jobs. Can attach documents all in one place.

Sometimes the feed between QBO and Knowify does not work. When this happens, I call support and they are able to fix it right away. They are very helpful.

Andrew

Great Idea, Wish it worked better

Bewertet am 13.12.2018

Takes so much time to ensure Time is put to the correct job. Wish it made a HARD Job Number, sequential, noneditable.

Customer Sales Tool, and contract managment.

Amount of effort to have Tsheets apply to the Job to start. The way a contract is decided, Your Phases, might not be how I want to track costs and time. I don't trust the numbers. I want all hours and materials accounted for to the job as a whole. I don't want to spend hours deciding what phase each expense or hour spent goes to.

Tammy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Knowify has made our billing so much easier.

Bewertet am 27.10.2017

Knowing that all the calculations on my pay applications is correct is invaluable.

I like that the software is web based, the customer support group is fabulous, and it is very easy to use

Retainage push at final billing should not be combined with current month retainage accrual. They should be separate.

Janel
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Getting to understand the system of Knowify

Bewertet am 28.7.2023

It's pretty easy. There is a lot to know. The YouTube videos do help.

I cant say I dont like anything about it. It's just a matter of my own personal to understand the functions and how to execute the work properly. I think overall it's pretty great and easy to perform my job duties.

Ryan
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great Program, I wish it could be tailored to architects more

Bewertet am 25.3.2022

We use Knowify for creating proposal and invoices. We integrate with Quickbooks so it's great that it ties into our accounting software.

We switched to Knowify essentially for the way it show invoices with the % billed, % complete etc. The job costing functions are also pretty useful.

It can be difficult to use. The program was built for contractors, as an Architecture firm we struggle sometimes with forcing it to do what we need. Generally we have been able to make it works for us though.

Ryan

Love Knowify. It has completely transformed my business for the better.

Bewertet am 31.10.2017

There is a fast turnaround for new features. You don't have to wait a year. The mobile app is CONSTANTLY updated. Try browsing a platforms app version history instead of customer reviews. Customer service is excellent, and if a solution does not exist for your problem one is created.

The only thing lacking is built-in app notifications and calendar integration (coming soon).

Norm

Knowify Review

Bewertet am 14.12.2018

It is a good fit for our business. Looking forward to future improvements.

It is a good fit for our business. Looking forward to future improvements.

Ability to track job costing and payroll through one application.

Flexibility of job cost categories. A bit of customization options would be nice.

Wagner
  • Branche: Gewerbeimmobilien

The only software for Subcontractors

Bewertet am 12.12.2018

Satisfied with where we are right now.

Satisfied with where we are right now.

Great for companies that are between residential and commercial jobs

Needs to be a bit more flexible with customizability. Especially with Project calendars.

Kathleen

Knowify is an easy to learn software system

Bewertet am 16.5.2018

I like the ease of creating proposals, I love the new home screen. Knowify's customer service is top notch.

I would like the ability to enter zero when an employee is out for the day. Would like the ability to print the original proposals and change orders together. Customers complain about the invoicing, it's confusing.

Derek
Derek
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

New Building New Software

Bewertet am 5.3.2019

At my desktop it was great but going mobile I had to use the browser as the app didn't work for me.

Allowed us to track and manage everything on the larger project down to the penny.

My older phone didn't support the app for Knowify unfortunately.

Deborah
Deborah
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Superb customer service, versatile product

Bewertet am 19.8.2019

Knowify is great for producing Estimates, Bids, and Invoices on readable forms, with consistent T&C across all projects. Knowify is also great for tracking purchases and the use of materials on construction projects. As a consultant to a construction client, I found the software very easy to learn and use, with the best customer service I have ever experienced in software!

Easy to use once it is set up. Easy to learn, which is amazingly important! The dashboards are useful, navigation is reasonable.

The customer service is absolutely superb! Quick response; helpful, clear answers to questions; quick turnaround for customization.

Currently the user cannot make any template changes to the base templates for invoices and other forms. All such changes must go through Customer Service. Currently, a company using the software may only have 1 template for each form. Right now, the software is most useful when linked to QuickBooks, though it can be used without the link.

Ben
Ben

Software is great and customer support team is incredibly responsive

Bewertet am 30.10.2017

It's a comprehensive software solution for all facets of my business. The customer support team is great whenever I need help.

stacy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Has some issues but, good overall

Bewertet am 18.12.2018

I was very unimpressed with tech support. I do love the slickness of the software and our employees absolutely love it as a time tracker.

Pretty well organized, effective time tracker, nice to track profitability.

Too many emails to employees (it sends an email every time a purchase is approved), complicated invoicing on time and materials jobs. I want more flexibility with how I want my invoices to read.