PetExec

Cloudbasierte Business-Management-Lösung für die Haustierbetreuung

Sortieren nach

Love this product!

Bewertet am 14.5.2019

The customer service can't be beat! I can ask a question any time. There are several ways to contact them. I love the Facebook page as well. The system is easy once you get used to it.

I like that I can get on at any time and from anywhere. If there is an issue with a client and I am not at work, I can look up the client and history on my phone.

I don't like that a groom for a boarder won't post to commission report until the dog checks out.

Heather
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

A lot of great features

Bewertet am 14.5.2019

Overall I am happy with our switch to PetExec. I think the software has great potential and it makes my everyday job easier. I wish there was a bit better support for it as I found the fee for a walk-through to be a bit high and my experiences with customer service were a bit lacking - handed an article rather than being walked through a solution, being told things would transfer from the previous owner that were not. However, I am sure this is unique to our circumstance and I wouldn't let it hold someone else back from deciding to go with PetExec.

I recommend PetExec because it is very interactive with our customer base. Customer's can have their own accounts where they have a bit more control over their appointments. In addition, reporting is awesome! I can run tax reports, sales reports, boarding counts, etc that make monitoring my business's progress a breeze.

Email blasts

Compatibility with other services
Customer service

Rebecca
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great idea but needs improvements

Bewertet am 7.12.2016

I was excited about the prospect of a software system that we could access online anywhere and that our clients could also have control of their accounts. Sadly we have found more problems with this software than positives. Although the technical support is quick and easy to access I have found that the typical response to my inquiries is "the software doesn't do that". I find the booking calendars tedious to edit, especially for reoccurring appointments, having to go into each individual appointment to change it instead of being given the option as to which appointments you want to amend like Google calendars, the POS system is confusing, Daycare sign in is tedious, we were told that all we needed to do was scan the clients bar code and the system does the rest - no such luck! The invoicing system is pretty much none existent, especially if you want to do monthly invoicing. I find it extremely concerning that you cannot see what has been emailed to clients through the system - no 'outbox' that you can check. I'm not overly keen on the client profile set up, some items are listed under the pet, others under the owner - for me, it should be under one or the other and all information be accessible in one place. Trying to make notes on the mobile application is a nightmare as it seems like it tries to guess what you're typing and you end up with a string of text that makes no sense! The online tutorials aren't much help either. It's almost like there should be a petexec representative that comes out to your business and looks at your current system and then shows you how to do everything you already do but on petexec. Updates take a long time to happen and don't really make much difference. A really frustrating system to use but one that has huge potential.

Online accessibility

All listed in my review

Antwort von PetExec

Hi Rebecca, PetExec does have a lot of features and the trick is to setting it up correctly. Once all the automation is in place, the system is much easier to use. I invite you to let us peek at your setup which is most likely the cause of your frustration. Once the settings are adjusted for your particular situation, PetExec can save you countless hours spent doing tasks and streamline your day.

Mirna
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for all our needs!

Bewertet am 14.5.2019

Great company with great customer service and support!

Great company with great customer service and support!

Covers all our needs, day care, training, boarding and grooming. Software goes into details about services and offers many options.

It’s not easy to navigate, it takes time to get trained.

Joshua

Great Software for a busy Business

Bewertet am 24.5.2019

After using Gingr and Kennel Connections I can say I'm quite pleased with PetExec and what they offer.

The ease of use. Seeing as it's bustling in the mornings at check in time and in the evenings at Check out time fiddling with software is the last thing we want to do which we don't have to.

Features: The features are great and help us keep track of everything to do with a client their dogs.

Web Based: Being web based is great our clients can upload their vet documentation and such. It's wonderful.

Updates: They keep the updates coming and listen to customer feed back and make changes accordingly it's great!

Some of the navigation of the software can be a pain but with the steady stream of updates these are usually squashed right away.

Antwort von PetExec

Hi Joshua! We will continue to listen to our packmates fantastic requests. Thank you so much for this review!

Wendee

Love being an extended Pack Member for the PetExec Team

Bewertet am 14.5.2019

Love how they keep us in line with our campers. Ease of finding or updating their information. If we have a question or an issue the Tech Team is always wonderful and quick to respond.

Very intuitive and it's ease of use. Always growing and listening to what their users are needing.

Trying to keep up with the changes is a challenge. We love seeing the tool grow and we get lots of details of what has changed, it's all about having time to ensure we are taking full advantage of this tool

Shawn
Shawn
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Worth the switch from our previous software

Bewertet am 8.11.2018

Checking pets in and out is so quick and easy, financial reports are at your fingertips, and best of all FULL FUNCTIONALITY is available anywhere on the globe provided I have an internet connection.

Ease of use, PE offers second to none customer support!

Lack of module reports, for example, who has not come for a groom in the last 90 days is not available to be easily generated.

Luis
Luis

Of much help!

Bewertet am 22.8.2018

I love this software, it facilitates me a lot of work with my employees and so I can take better control, I recommend it and I know it will give good results!

The truth is that it has a very simple and very good interface, it can be used perfectly without any problem and in the same way if you had any doubt or some inconvenience this same one helps you, very recommended the truth!

Some easier or shorter way to add a new dog with its characteristics because then in my business it is too hard for me to do it.

Excellent Customer Support

Bewertet am 9.11.2018

I absolutely love Petexec. It's convenient for me if I'm not at the shop to look up clients and work from home. The groomers like being able to check the next days schedule while at home. Customer support can't be beat. Everyone is friendly and helpful and the Facebook book has come in very handy as well. I would recommend to anyone.

I love the customer support. Best I've come across.

Can't send email directly to clients with their future groom appointments.

Alexa
Alexa
  • Branche: Möbel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Helpful software but complictaed navigation

Bewertet am 4.12.2018

The greatest thing about this software is that once you grasp how to use it its pretty easy to follow. Getting payments, adding credits, viewing purchase history and future schedules is really helpful in everyday use of the software. Not to mention, the Customer support is incredible! There is a chat option where you can inquire about any question in which they respond with the answer in minutes.

PetExec is extremely confusing whilst trying to understand how to navigate. Compared to other similar softwares, this is by far the most complex. The software in general is not very intuitive but it does have mostly everything you need.

Beverley
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching

Couldn't Imagine my Business Without PetExec

Bewertet am 27.5.2020

I've tried other software trials and worked from good old fashion pen and paper and honestly could not imagine changing to another software. Everything from the customer support to the functionality is simple and hassle free. I love it!

PetExec makes the day to day running of my dog daycare and training business a breeze. The reports, customization, tracking of receivables, email capabilities and so much more allow me to effectively and efficiently run my business.

There really isn't anything negative I can say about this software. Every time I think they don't have something I need, they update the software to make it even better.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

NetSuite

Warum PetExec gewählt wurde

Functionality and cost.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu PetExec

Functionality, cost and support

Antwort von PetExec

Thank you so much Beverley! We are thankful to have you in our pack/family!

Bo
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It should be 5 stars but...

Bewertet am 16.5.2020

Love and hate. Fire and ice.

Love and hate. Fire and ice.

Boarding and daycare management is a breeze with this program. The vaccine displays, the vaccine reminders, the report card function are all amazing and easy to use!!!

The time clock and scheduling system are cumbersome. There are so many quick easy to use scheduling apps that it is hard to understand why Pet Exec would promote theirs as a feature.

They tend to tell you the program can do more than it can realistically. To highlight this, we were told we could run our entire pet business including in home services and retail with this program but anything other than boarding and daycare is difficult and not use friendly as it takes too long.

Another issue is Pet Exec is locked into contract with First Data for the financial piece of payments and banking. If you don't or can't use First Data then you cannot take credit cards AT ALL through their system.

Antwort von PetExec

Hi Bo, Thank you for your helpful comments. I agree that PetExec is at its core built to manage Boarding and Daycare services. The timeclock is very basic in nature and might not be as feature reach as some of the programs that are build specifically for managing employees. As far as integrated merchant companies, we chose FCMS after much due diligence and trust. We can not support or integrate with the many hundreds of different platforms available so we picked the best one for our customers. Thank you for your review and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. We value you very much as a client.

Norman

Thoughts from Roverchase, LLC

Bewertet am 7.12.2016

In general, PetExec has been very reliable. There were two incidents this year that affected our ability to carry on transactions, but it seems as if those outages have been solved.

We do quite a bit of training here at Roverchase and the group class portion of the app seems okay, but we do training of daycare dogs and the "Scheduled Services" part of PetExec requires our Front Office to do the coordinating between Daycare Reservations and Scheduled Services calendar appointments. Keeping prepaid daycare days, reservations for daycare attendance, and training appointments coordinated can be a headache if a pet misses a planned day of training.

Perhaps I have missed the feature, but it would be nice to have a feature where we could prohibit making online reservations for daycare or for either signing in or picking up boarding dogs on specified days (for instance, dogs can stay over on Christmas, but we would not want them to be able to check in or out on that specific day so that our office staff could have the day off.

Reliable, fast, features available if needed although they don't have to be used.

not multi-tasking.

would like to have more synchronization with scheduled services and pre-paid daycare packages

Rearrange the location of the selection of whether to send an email receipt on the final checkout screen from below the swipe credit card field to just before it for convenience.

Rearrange the stack of times on the Grooming Screen from their current orientation. The order should be Pick up time, Scheduled time, and at the bottom Drop off Time.

There is no way to turn off the requirement for choosing a drop off time when scheduling Daycare.

Heather

PetExec is Amazing

Bewertet am 22.5.2019

Overall PetExec handles all of our day to day operations and we've been very happy with it. We did have to change some business processes because they don't handle stuff the way our previous software did but that's just the way it works.

Being able to use PetExec from anywhere is my favorite part of this software. No matter where I'm at I can log in and see schedules and client information. And the customer support is outstanding. Knowing that I can click the chat button during work hours and someone is there to answer my question is awesome. PetExec was different from our previous software so there was a learning curve but that is with any software. Knowing that they were there to help us and answer any question was worth the switch. Finally, getting automatic updates online is really nice. No more supporting local hardware or doing updates manually makes my life much simpler.

PetExec's reporting could be a little more robust but I have found that the information is there, sometimes I have to export it to Excel to get the answers I need. However, with every update they are releasing more reports and updating current reports so they are working on it! The Grooming module needs some additional work as well but like I said, they are always making upgrades.

Antwort von PetExec

Hi Heather! We are so happy to have you in our pack! Thank you for your review! We applaud that you, like many of our very savvy packmates, have kept your business and processes agile in this industry. We will continue to work to provide updates and upgrades which will help you continue this into the future.

AJ
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

All-in-One Wonder Software

Bewertet am 7.12.2016

We operate a luxury Daycare, Grooming, Boarding and Dock Diving facility. PetExec has been a life saver, as it incorporates everything from scheduling to customer records to inventory management and order processing! The tech support is fabulous; they have a built in chat support system that is near instant, and their programmer Paul is awesome at adding new features requested by users. Their support guy for First Data is incredible as well. He is expedient and cares about quality customer service just like the rest of the PetExec team. Their rep in tech support is patient and helpful as well. There's so many options in PetExec that it can be overwhelming to new users, which is why I put 4 stars for ease of use. However, the system is very clean looking, has custom color templates to choose from, and is super easy to pick up on. As a programmer and IT admin myself, I can definitely see the thousands of hours of work that have gone into PetExec and I am definitely impressed with the outcome. Their servers are really well maintained and we never experience connection issues or outages. They also have a wonderful Facebook group just for P.E. users that serves as an awesome open forum for people with questions. It is great to be able to network with other people who work in/ run doggie daycare businesses. PetExec is definitely the best product out there for dog businesses hands down; it is the perfect all-in-one wonder software for anyone looking to run a professional dog operation.

Quality programming, ease of use, visual appeal, customer service

So many options it is easy to get lost when trying to reach a specific page. This is mainly for users who don't consistently use P.E. on a daily basis.

Angela

Review of Pet Exec

Bewertet am 17.5.2019

Overall, we are satisfied. As an owner I was willing to design a program myself, but was glad to see that someone had the basics in place already.

I like that it tracks all incoming credit, cash, barter and checking transactions. It is good for scheduling daycare and boarding, and keeps track of time in and out. There is an employee scheduling module built in so staff can sign in and out of the program to check their schedule, and as an administrator I can limit what staff is able to access. Additionally I like the note feature where staff can write in daily comments, and it keeps a running record of these daily additions. It is also good that there is an online chat for instant help.

We often run into instances where we cannot change times, schedule some of our custom services, or put notes for a particular service. The system does not allow to automatically add packages for boarding. And we often find that customers can alter things without our knowledge. The system has had at least 2 shutdowns since we have been in business and has lost many boarding reservations and other data, including employee scheduling. We no longer use that feature due to the loss, which was very aggravating.

Kyle

One Stop Shop

Bewertet am 12.4.2021

Overall, it has been great. Customer service is great, and we have used the product since out opening. Just some little things that could be changed to make functionality easier.

Customizing it for your business, is very easy and practical. I really enjoy it being everything we need. It is a point of sale system, time clock for my employees. It has multiple uses.

So of the functions within the platform are redundant and not practical. Like when hitting the back button, it does not always take you back to the screen you were on. We have other services that we offer, that I would like our clients to be able to schedule, but we are unable to get that specific.

Antwort von PetExec

Hi Kyle! We thank you so much for this review. We are thrilled that you are utilizing so many aspects of the system and that you are having a great experience. We do appreciate all feedback and we do take this into account when choosing updates and enhancements for future releases!

Natasha
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Overall an incredibly comprehensive piece of software

Bewertet am 11.12.2017

Manages the day to day needs for boarding, training and daycare for our 1500 plus and growing client base effectively once you know the software.

Petexec works really hard to cover all the bases when it come to pet care software. So many features exist, that if you haven't found what you need, you aren't looking hard enough. Being able to set access levels for staff, customizing the client access, and being able to track virtually anything is incredibly valuable. Also customer support is amazing. In 5 years, we haven't really had a single issue that we couldn't resolve in one call. I always get the sense that the PetExec team really cares about clients, and works incredibly hard to keep adding features that help to run a busy pet business. It's also incredibly affordable for what you get.

Steep learning curve. Lots of ways to do the same thing, but the work flow isn't intuitive. I'd really like to see a few different types of reports, or at least easier ways to create the reports we need.

Denise
  • Branche: Landwirtschaft
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great for Very Small Businesses

Bewertet am 11.8.2021

As a "one-woman show" business - I run everything myself and am also the trainer for my facility - PetExec has been a life-saver. Setting up the owner portal so my customers can request their appointments and update their information has saved me so much time. I can easily check the system each day to see who is coming and going, which daycare dogs to expect, and now with integrated credit card processing I can easily collect payments. While one might think PetExec is suited for larger dog businesses, I HIGHLY recommend it for those of us with small establishments as well.

PetExec helps keep all my information in one place: owner information, appointments, income tracking, scheduling, reports, product information and pet records are easy to access and track.

There are a few tweaks to reporting and Dashboard usage that could be improved but nothing I would really call a "con". The development and tech support teams are always working to improve things.

Antwort von PetExec

Hi Denise! We LOVE having you as a packmate and thank you so much for taking the time to review PetExec. We promise that we won't rest on our tails ~ We continually strive to make the system better and better for our valued packmates. We look forward to a long future with you!

Tia

Doggy daycare

Bewertet am 15.4.2021

Use it for booking dogs.

Use it for booking dogs.

I like that we can hold cc’s on file and it’s easy to use

The scheduling for grooming could use some major improvements. I wish we could set time slots and customers could book those themselves. I also wish there were a box for tipping on the portal for customers to see when they check out or book.

Antwort von PetExec

Hi Tia! Thank you for the review of PetExec. We continue to strive to make our system as user friendly as possible for our packmates and pet parents. We will never rest on our tails! Thanks for being a valued part of our pack. =)

Ken
  • Branche: Militär

Love this Software

Bewertet am 7.12.2016

We have been using Pet Exec for 2.5 years now. There is a learning curve when you get started but once you know the system it is great. The customer service is the best I have ever seen or dealt with. They are courteous and most of all AVAILABLE. The program has evolved with all the improvements and features that they have added.

My clients having the ability to make reservations and just recently able to purchase packages online.

There are some confusing aspects about refunds I am still not understanding. Also, different ways to get to the same end result but causing a user error. For example checking in a dog for daycare using the quick sign in button but forgetting to make payment. The only way you can take payment now is thru the pre-payment function under the owner or you risk checking the dog out.

Antwort von PetExec

Thank you Ken! We appreciate your review and advice. We hear you! We are formulating ways to make the checkout process less complicated in our future release. We have other great things in store. We love having you in our pack!

ALban
  • Branche: Animation

best pet care software

Bewertet am 17.1.2023

very excellent, move more than a year that I use it, I felt that my animals feel more and more comfortable, my customers are very satisfied,

this software allowed me to understand behavior, to better manage my pets. with this petexec application, I better understand my pets by giving them quality care, I watch over their well-being on everything from the little ones.

the application does not have a faulty system, but for such software the price is very low because it has more advantages than disadvantages

Antwort von PetExec

Thanks so much Alban for your great review of the PetExec system! We are happy that is has helped you and your customers in many ways. We look forward to the future with you as a valued packmate.

Sasha
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Owner

Bewertet am 15.5.2020

It would be nice to have a back option so you can click it and go back to the previous page.

I wish you could print a pdf of grooming customers the night before. We have to click on each one and go back in each time to print it every night so the groomer has them ready when she arrives.

Antwort von PetExec

Hi Sasha! Thanks for sending in this review. We are so happy to have you in our pack!
I am not sure which browser you use but you can use the back button in the browser to go back to the previous page.

For the next days grooming schedule, have you tried to print off the grooming schedule? You can access this by going to the "grooming options" in the grooming dashboard. Here you can select the gooming schedule for a future date and also narrow it by groomer.

I hope that this helps! Please visit us in Tech Support (live chat) M-F from 9am-7pm EST anytime you have technical questions like this. We are happy to help you!

Jeremy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Better off purchasing kennel soft

Bewertet am 8.12.2016

I have so many problems to name. My clients are unable to make reservations online. Some clients keep being told we are booked even though we are only half full. The price is substantially higher than most competitors. I find it to be very slow. You can't find a client when you input first and last name, it can only handle one name in a search so you are forced to browse through a long list of clients to find the one you are looking for. The list goes on...

I can access it from home if needed

It seems to be put together from an engineers perspective and not a pet care professional.

Antwort von PetExec

Hi Jeremy, PetExec does have a lot of features and the trick is to setting it up correctly. Once all the automation is in place, the system is much easier to use. I invite you to let us peek at your setup which is most likely the cause of your frustration. Once the settings are adjusted for your particular situation, PetExec can save you countless hours spent doing tasks and streamline your day.

Shannon

Overall Great, Few Suggestions

Bewertet am 16.12.2016

Overall, I believe that the PetExec interface provides its users with exactly what they need to run a boarding/daycare/grooming facility. I do believe the usability of the program could be enhanced through minor changes. Mainly a number of touchpoints it takes to check out a customer. I am obviously not currently checking anyone out, but if my memory serves, you are required to click "check out" two, if not, three times before a transaction is actually completed. This seems extraneous. In addition, for certain transactions "debits" on the account are automatically added to a customers total, which can lead to problems if a customer is not able to pay but it is overlooked when checking a customer out -- accidentally charging them too much money on their card. As the supervisor of our front desk, many of my co-workers have struggled with this when overwhelmed with customers and would rather have to manually add the debit if a customer is paying the debit along with their transaction.

I think that it provides all of the tools a daycare/boarding facility would need in order to be successful, and does so in an aesthetically pleasing and functional way.

There are minor usability problems that cause problems mainly when checking out customers and the amount of time it takes for certain transactions.