STACK

Shujjah
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

I Recommend STACK to all the constructional firms

Bewertet am 12.9.2022

In my view, STACK is such a masterpiece and a great advancement to TAKEOFF progression. The most important feature is the lightning-fast results in a half of a time as compared to other similar kind of software. The AUTOCAD style of drawings is one of the highlights of STACK especially the linear drop function with appropriate distances. In addition, this software is very easy to understand and even a person with basic knowledge of using web-based computer software can easily work on it.

Multitask operation in a single window
Fast to navigate and accurate in results
Easy to understand and use
Takeoffs made easy and speedy

Offline version is not available
Undo command must be available in upcoming versions

Alejandro
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Very good but needs more features...

Bewertet am 7.10.2021

Great but could be better

Great but could be better

Easy to use. Friendly for any user. Easy to access from anywhere, no software needed in the office computers.

I want to be able to duplicate jobs so I can do a new takeoff when I get new drawings without altering the previous takeoff. I also want to be able to move the order of the drawing tabs and change the order as needed.

Elijah
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Worst customer service I have encountered across any platform.

Bewertet am 4.2.2022

(stated in terms and conditions), they were going to make an exception, and provide me a full refund. 6 hours later, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] called me back to inform me she had called the wrong customer, and they were not going to be able to give me a refund after all. After going over the above scenario again, she said that as an adult, I should take responsibility for completing the sale without taking the time to read through the terms and conditions. Nothing like being insulted by a “Customer Success Manager”. I told her I would like to speak with her supervisor, and she assured me I would be contacted by EOD today. I was not. I have been in the industry for some time, and for a zero-refund policy to be enforced on a product with virtually no demo is unheard of, especially when they can log on and see that I have received NOTHING of value from them. Instead, Stack has resorted to bullying and insults. She also assured me all upcoming trainings would be canceled, but I wound up doing that after both trainers reached out to me. At this point, it is possible she “forgot” to put the request in, like she “forgot” to cancel the upcoming trainings. Just make sure you want to be married to these guys for a full year before you sign!

The trainer was knowledgeable and polite, but software itself was clunky and over complicated. Too many options with slight variations for the same things.

My experience with Stack’s customer service has been the worst I have ever encountered. I am a new business owner in the construction industry in Florida. We do have a good network of clients, but it is small, and I told the salesman that I only do a handful of new builds a year and I could not justify Stack’s high yearly rate. The “demo” for stack only comes with 10 measurements and he insisted I would see the value once I had full access the system. He also offered a 25% discount if I completed the sale with him on the phone (a tactic to push you into a rushed decision which I stupidly fell for). I said I would try it out and we went through the purchasing process. Again, feeling as though I was against the clock and trying to rush through while on the phone, I did not click the terms and conditions link. I was then set up for 3 trainings, each an hour long. A lot of training, for an easy-to-use program…After the first training it became abundantly clear this program would bring no value to my company. No harm no foul right? I contacted the Customer service rep and informed them that, as I thought, this program was not right for me, and I would like a refund. It was inside a week, and I had not produced anything close to a useable quote. I stay very busy, and do not have time to take classes on how to constantly update this software. I was contacted a day or so later by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to inform me that, even though it is against their policy to issue ANY refunds

Layne

Great Option for Takeoff Software

Bewertet am 9.5.2022

STACK is a great solution for takeoffs - I previously used On Screen Takeoff which I really enjoyed using, but STACK offers a better user experience in my opinion. I am overall pleased with how the software works.

Takeoff is very easy to use, Assemblies feature is amazing and saves so much time once it is setup. I appreciate that the system is cloud based, this really makes things run much more smoothly and easily. Integrations with Dropbox and Google Drive are also helpful.

Organization of takeoffs could be improved. There is no undo button which sounds minimal but it can be extremely cumbersome at times. I also dislike that measurements can't be set to round to the nearest whole number - who honestly needs to measure down to a tenth of an inch shown in decimal format? These are really minor things in the overall user experience but annoying nonetheless. Overall I am very happy with Stack over alternative options for takeoff software.

Square Takeoff und OnScreen

Gründe für den Wechsel zu STACK

Assemblies feature, benefits of a cloud based system, abilities of software compared to competitors
Clay

DCC, LLC Review

Bewertet am 21.7.2023

I use it solely for taking off projects and it is great for that.

I use it solely for taking off projects and it is great for that.

Ease of use of take off feature. We use STACK solely for taking off jobs.

Not user friendly on cell phone. Wish there was an app so I could look up take off quantities and take something off in the field on my phone. Also, I wish the estimating feature was easier to use. I probably just don't understand it very well yet.

Joe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We couldn't do what we do without STACK!

Bewertet am 26.2.2021

Nothing but positive.

Nothing but positive.

All the takeoff tools available to us allow my team and I to not only perform takeoffs, but do simple shop drawings and sketches. There's always new technology available for no additional charge.

The only complaint I would ever have would be when OUR internet is slow, something the STACK doesn't control.

Stack

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

The functions and takeoff procedures has really helped speed up my takeoff process.

The web based software sometimes leads to lags/glitches when zooming in and out. If you zoom in and do your take off then zoom out to continue your takeoff it does not start your take off right away, and you have to click twice to initiate the new takeoff.

Jason

Low learning curve

Bewertet am 21.11.2019

We've handles jobs from a few thousand to millions and the PMs love our cost break outs

Stack allowed us to quickly make the switch from more costly and out of date software. It's platform independence means we can access our files from the field anytime. The low learning curve means I can have assistants up and running in a day or two.

Dependence on Microsoft Excel for reports

Ryan

Review for STACK

Bewertet am 19.11.2019

Besides those 2 complaints it's a very functional tool that I spend probably 8-10+ hours on daily.

The capability to pull any plan up from anywhere as long as I have internet connection. I have used it in several impromptu meetings with clients, Gc's, and our own crew. We aren't tethered to a specific computer source. A search tool in the plans makes finding the finicky details very easy.

No overlay option for addendum's and no Arch tool which is just time consuming make a ton of little clicks.

Akshika
Akshika
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Applications that Keep Getting Better may be estimated quickly and easily using Stack

Bewertet am 18.12.2022

The stack is top-notch from the start. The program is just well-made, from the user-friendly interface to the comprehensive and customizable repository of parts and assemblies. It enables rapid and simple takeoffs from any PC in the world. The developers receive excellent support, and they are always working on a big list of suggestions for improvements from the user base. The level of support is unmatched, the STACK experts are always accessible to help, and frequent updates, webinars, and one-on-one training keep users informed about changes made to the software or advice on how to get the most out of it.

Limited capabilities, the worst take-off software I've ever used, and fraudsters on staff who promise callbacks after taking you off your hard-earned money. They don't have a refund policy. Additionally, instead of you a discount if you add a second user, they charge you twice as much. It might be difficult to accurately assess the benefits Stack can provide during the trial time.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Simple and Flexible

Bewertet am 12.10.2021

The ability to create involved assemblies of products and simply click to add all the right products for each situation is a serious time saver.

The product and pricing lists need to be easier to manage and update. We have pricing updates or new products about every quarter. To update that info is a hassle to do it one at a time or having to work through support to get an export then format all the new data then send it back to import it.

Procore Estimating

Warum STACK gewählt wurde

With System Surveyor we were limited on the number of items we could have on any given survey. We often exceeded the items allowed.
Ignacio
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Not bad but could be a lot better

Bewertet am 31.7.2023

Again, I would need to go through a whole lot of questions and requests I've made through tech support and find out that 80% or more of them are not features included in Stack.

it's fairly easy to use if you only use the basics. The think that I like and the reason why I personally pushed for this software is the fact that is web-based providing liberty to use any platform (Mac or PC) and basically work from anywhere.

It's easy to use for those who work the basics. For others like me that like to get the most out of it, quite honestly there is a lot to improve. I would need to go through a whole lot of questions and requests I've made through tech support and find out that 80% or more of them are not features included in Stack. It's a little disappointing the way some aspects are handled.

David

Stack Implementation into Speacialty Contrctor Business

Bewertet am 2.12.2019

First it controls the flow of information and the non-flow of paper in the office. This is the biggest plus. Secondly for me I can estimate much quicker once I get set up. Which gives me more time to look into the smaller details and ultimately create a better more accurate proposal.

Foe years I had thought about utilizing a symbol based estimating take off software because we were moving from paper to the digital world. I randomly found this online about 9 months ago. It is everything I would have done. It makes sense because it stores all your basis of the estimate information electronically and you no lounger have to use paper. The cost of Paper alone pays for the service as I estimate in our business model that each contracts salesman was expending roughly $5,000 per year in document printing. The other benefit for us is that because it is electronically stored we no longer have to go through our offices every three months and disposed of all the paper on projects we did not get. Or God knows you deep six a project and the following week you get a call to review the project for contracting and other than your estimate spread sheet you have no visual layout to look at for reference. So you print it out again and then re lay out the devices and bulk materials.

For me it actually does everything I want it to do other than integration into actual building of estimates. I know that we have that capability but this a cost intensive project for each contractor. Obviously this is not a deal breaker though and perhaps in the future you could offer templates that are patterned after specific industries which would lower the cost of developing the complete estimating solution.

Ernie

Great Product

Bewertet am 21.7.2023

It has drastically reduced my time in generating estimates. All my projects are online through the software, so I can go back years and easily see my takeoffs/measurements and plans. I have also been able to catch errors from subcontractors by checking their measurements through the software. It has made for more accurate estimates, reduced time in generating estimates, and easu project file management.

It's easy to figure quantities. Very similar to AutoCAD with layers and calculating areas, volumes, lengths, etc. I frequently take screen shots of my measurements to give to the foreman to see how I've calculated materials.

I come from an AutoCAD background in landscape architecture, so I wish it had more drafting features, i.e. offess, align, midpoint, etc. My company installs a lot artificial turf and I have to configure the layout. Having more drafting options would really help with the takeoffs. It's great for measuring areas, but configuring layout from a landscape architect's drawing can be cumbersome.

GREGORY
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Hands down best out there in support and product.

Bewertet am 17.2.2021

My overall experience has been amazing. This company is great to do business with.

Cloud based and customer service are the best out there. They are forward thinking and always chasing perfection. They may not catch perfection but they kick excellence in the butt.

I wish I had cheaper licenses for my estimating department.

ProEst

Warum STACK gewählt wurde

Old and cumbersome products.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu STACK

User friendly and customer service.
Raul

Measure Twice, Cut Once

Bewertet am 26.7.2023

STACK has allowed us to remain consistent with our accuracy, which has helped us remain competitive in our market by meeting our client's budget while remaining profitable. If there was a way to expedite creating a library of custom items and assemblies and pricing I'd be ecstatic, either way, I don't see us parting ways with STACK anytime soon.

The takeoff part of STACK is what we mainly use, I think in the future we may utilize more of its features but we're more than satisfied with the software. We would most certainly not have the capability to produce takeoffs with such ease and accuracy without STACK, we're completely sold on this feature.

Although I love the takeoff feature, the process of creating, organizing, and editing my library is too long. I have been unable to figure out a way to duplicate items and assemblies and edit them to expedite the process. If it was one trade that'd be easy but we take on various scopes of work and each one has unique line items.

Angel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, to the point.

Bewertet am 21.7.2023

My company has been using STACK for over 2 years now. I tried other programs and found that STACK is simple yet get you all the information you need. Love that they dont over complicate things.

Very easy to use, and navigate. The support is great, always helpful to have live support when you need it.

Not much integration. We use STACK and RSMeans. would be great if they worked together.

Kathy
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

A great product that save time and accurately figures out materials and costs per project

Bewertet am 31.7.2023

[sensitive content hidden], our sales manager for our counter sales people loves it and he uses it everyday. Colin, who also does bids and has been intigrating his takeoff with STACK also loves the programs as it has been easy to learn, and is easy to turn off or on features that we want for our customers.

I tested STACK a few years ago as our sales team spent hours figuring out materials and costs longhand. STACK was incredibly easy to learn and cut our sales teams time spent on large and small projects by so much. We have been able to get back to the contractor quickly with an accurate quote

Right now, there are more pros than cons. We do sheet metal and gutters, so it would be nice to have that available in STACK also as our jobs often cross over on several products for the same job

Lizneth
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Stack is the best estimating software

Bewertet am 21.7.2023

I am not an estimator but was a Project Manager and the way I could get exactly what I needed from Stack and even being able to convert data into a CSV was amazing. I wish when I was interviewing an estimator they came across this system because it does take a little bit of transitioning from such a robust software they previously used to our easy system.

Simplicity yet so much can come from it. There's endless videos on how to use. Building assemblies is such an easy thing to do. Collaboration is also done and you are able to track time spent on each estimate and job cost. Love how great the style is and the way it is kept easy and simple to navigate. Nothing robust.

Not a lot of people are aware of stack or believe stack is overpriced. Making this system known to others would be great so that whoever we employ already has Stack knowledge.

Allen

Not too bad but limited

Bewertet am 24.1.2017

I like this program a lot, but it is proving to be more and more limited for more difficult projects. We are a commercial flooring contractor and we do a lot of custom work, we have asked for many improvements for over a year now that still have not been incorporated.
* The first is to be able to delete multiple files when a bid pack comes in with a full set of plans which clogs up our process but takes way too long to delete the files one-by-one.
* Another is to be able to do a circular takeoff and circular cutout.
* Another is to be able to edit or change multiple sections of one area of a takeoff. We have a lot of changes on custom built projects and it is very annoying to have to delete an entire room or area because of one wall or area changing.

As I stated, this is a very god program for beginners or someone that doesn't require more advanced custom work. The issue is that Stack works for about 65-70% of our work but these are the smaller jobs, not the larger more complicated ones.

User-friendly right off the bat.

Very limited for more advanced/custom projects.

Antwort von Stack Construction Technologies

Hi Allen,

Thanks so much for your recent feedback!
We are so glad to be able to support the takeoff and estimating needs of Rimrock Design and happy to hear that our software is having a positive impact on your bid process.

The details you've provided will certainly be shared with our team. Customer input is essential in our development process and we appreciate your candid thoughts!

Have an awesome day & thank you again!

andy

Easy to use. Great Product!

Bewertet am 27.6.2017

Stack is a great product for doing takeoffs efficiently and at a great price. The features that come with it are great, and they are constantly adding new ones.
I love the fact that you get immediate attention from the developers whenever you have a question or comment. The only thing better than their product it the customer service!

It can be a little buggy when using different browsers. If I remember correctly , I was using Firefox and had problems, they told me to switch to Chrome, and when I started getting comfortable with Chrome I started having issues and they told me to switch to Firefox! I currently use Chrome, and there can occasionally be a little bug here or there (ex. trying to select one of my items to edit - hint: use the multiselect!).

Antwort von Stack Construction Technologies

Hi Andy,
We are so glad to hear that you are thrilled with the impact our software is having on your business! We look forward to sharing your input with the entire STACK team.

Be sure to contact us if there is anything you need in the future. We are here for you!

Wishing you much continued success!

Ashley

Frustrating

Bewertet am 25.1.2019

REPORTS REPORTS REPORTS. Please work on this section. I think it could be a great selling tool for you if this was more advanced

I do somewhat like the software and will continue to use it. Autocount can be a great feature but is not worth it right now.

Uploading drawings they do not stay in the order of the original pdf. Printing takeoffs they do not EVER print in a logical order and I have to spend extra time to organize the drawings. No set Library, there needs to be a set library where I can edit things without being in a project. Autocount is a cool feature but has SO many bugs that it makes it not worth it. I have had a lot of issues with how long it takes to upload drawings lately and the software seems to run slow even when I am just doing a takeoff. The way reports export in excel makes it not even worth it to use that function. I understand every company is different with how they need reports so it would be nice if like other softwares you can pick exactly what you want to export or see on the report. i.e Quickbooks does great at this. I have stopped using chat because I always get the answer that the software had an upgrade or there are large amounts of people uploading documents. Hopefully as the company grows that can get fixed. I had 2 projects in one day not ever load.

Celso
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

You get what you pay for: clean, sleek and useful platform

Bewertet am 19.10.2021

I have enjoyed the customer service experience, the frequency with which the platform is often updated. The design is modern, surface is easy to use, very user friendly and not technical at all. After a few hours you can easily learn all the software has to offer.

The software is easy to get used to, and after a few hours of clicking around one can easily (without further support) learn all the features and how to work them. There are more features that just take-off measuring which is awesome for customers who can take advantage of it. We have other ways to get our estimates sent out but for those contractors who want a unified platform they do a great job.

The price is a little steep, but we have not found another software that is as easy to use and reliable as stack, so we are okay with paying the price. If their prices keep increasing at each renewal however, we might no longer be able to afford it as a small business.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

STACK makes performing a takeoff, quick, efficient and easy!

Bewertet am 31.7.2023

I truly like STACK, everything is in one place and makes my job so much easier.

I truly like STACK, everything is in one place and makes my job so much easier.

What I like most about STACK is the reporting feature. Once I perform a takeoff and run the report I can see quantities and weights of the steel on the project. It speeds up the entire estimating process.

My least like is the cloud based system. I know everything is cloud based now, but when there is an internet outage or I am on location without signal or WIFI I don't have access to the info.

Nathan
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A must have

Bewertet am 25.4.2022

Stack is enabling us to put together bids quickly and efficiently.

Stack is enabling us to put together bids quickly and efficiently.

Stack has made migrating to new construction a breeze. We were putting pencil to paper to measure off printed plans which was expensive and prone to errors which could make or break a winning bid. With Stack a lot of the human errors are erased from the mix.

I'm still trying to figure out how to compile a bid straight out of Stack.

Ease of use and price.