Databox

Jeremy
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

My search is over! Custom Data Visualization & Reporting

Bewertet am 16.10.2018

I was looking for a solution to display website data and analytics for my clients. As a design and development agency, I wanted something that looks great, is easy for clients to use, and that I can "set and forget". Databox is the answer! By far the best in the industry. The free version is great for many small clients, and the paid upgrades for more integrations and users is very fair for those that need it.

Vast number of integrations, ease of use creating boards, white labeling, multiple users, mobile app is fantastic, goals, notifications, snapshots, and it's beautiful!

Some of the pre-made templates are too specialized. I created a client account before they introduced Agency accounts, and can't switch it over easily.

Shivakant
Shivakant

centralizing multiple platforms

Bewertet am 22.2.2018

Amazing easy to use and setup dashboards

Amazing easy to use and setup dashboards

I like that I can customize the dashboard and seemingly add multiple data sources to a single dashboard view.

The cons of this application are it can be a bit challenging sometimes to get the data updated and connect all external data sources. But the tutorials and guides are very helpful to solve the most of the issues

william
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Some nice features, horribly run as a company and service

Bewertet am 9.7.2021

Sporadic up/downtime. Frequently doesn't update correctly. Buggy with filters often times not working properly.

The visualizations are great. The visual options are really some of the best I've seen.

Databox probably has the worst customer support of any software company I've ever deal with. That's not an exaggeration or hyperbole, it is absolutely atrocious. It can take hours or days to get a support response that's so obviously incorrect that a user with just a couple hours on the platform would know that it's wrong.

Anand
Anand
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Value for Money Product

Bewertet am 9.3.2022

We have set up our dashboard within one day using Google sheets and the dashboard contains more than 5k data the visualization was very perfect.

I like the customer support and User Interface. It's very easy to build and it has a lot of pre templates. We can use any templates and change them according to our needs.

Databox have to think about a free version for google sheets. AS Google already has the dashboard called the "Google data studio" version where anyone can freely set up their dashboard without any hustle. So if it is only for google sheets then the databox must think about a free version.

Sarath
Sarath
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

“Beautiful web and Mobile app”

Bewertet am 6.12.2018

Data box is a simple and good, Awesome designed web and mobile apps, good responsive for customer support,Very Important data stored in one place, easy to use.

In my opinion data box software is best clean, easy to understanding and fastest

Juan Andrés
Juan Andrés
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Amazing app

Bewertet am 27.1.2017

We tried a few other apps. None came close to the ease of use, flexibility, simplicity and customer support we got from databox. At one point we need a specific attribute from MixPanel, and after asking support on how to do this, they actually rolled up a new feature into production in less than a weeks time. (Maybe it was in the pipeline, but it's still amazing)

Amazing customer support, very easy to use, nice design too.

None so far, extremely flexible so meeting all our needs.

Sarah
Sarah
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

A good paid tool to visualize all your numbers

Bewertet am 26.12.2022

Databox saves a lot of time when you need to present multiple reports as you can just do that by creating a template and just changing the date range as and when required.

Databox reporting tool makes your life easy as it has a simple drag and drop interface to generate reports. It also has option to use predefined templates that make it easy for you to create reports from scratch. Databox tool links with multiple datasource and also allows you to create custom formulas and metrics to be used in the reporting.

There is a lag in the data numbers to get updated. There should be an option to set up the refresh interval manually as per the convenience.

Kurt
Kurt
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Brings you the efficiency!

Bewertet am 13.12.2018

Databox provide free basic account that give you 3 datasources which is enough for small business to make good visualisations of the data. Bring ease to manage boards that created for projects.

- Provide good user experience
- Customisation options
- Clean UI

- Lack of documentation

Other than this all is still worked perfectly for me.

Christian
Christian

Databox - my preferred software

Bewertet am 15.3.2017

It is one of the best products I have come across in the last 5 years I have been working in this industry. It is much efficient and easy to use for all. I recommend to all looking towards KPI tracking.

None so far. I´m impressed with the ease of this tool and my team also loves it. I highly recommend it.

Paul
Paul
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Really good business service

Bewertet am 14.2.2017

I love using Databox. It works on all the main mobile platforms in a web browser and as an app. It seamlessly and easily connects to all the main services I use, and even has an API so I can extend it.

Lots of out-of-the-box connectors.

For tablet mode in landscape, you have to use a web browser as the app doesn't yet support it.

Parth
  • Branche: Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent app for accessing and visualising statistics

Bewertet am 15.2.2023

For my clients, Databox makes it easier to demonstrate an ROI for inbound and paid media initiatives. When I'm keeping track of the effectiveness of our digital marketing, saves me time. I can display the dashboard at board meetings with vibrant charts and figures, and we also built it into the websites so everyone who visits can easily see our accomplishments.

I adore databox for a lot of reasons. It's quite intuitive, to start. You don't have to be an expert with data. With sophisticated data modelling capabilities, we can change the measurement display, and the programme really manages all the frames for me. Additionally, everything has built-in connectors, so I can often create a fantastic dashboard with only a few clicks. The programme itself has a nice appearance, and it has some useful features that allow for the clear visualisation of a lot of data.

It's not that I dislike what I'm going to say, but I'd want to have access to more instructional films, particularly ones that teach me how to assist myself. Data sources can occasionally lose connectivity when using Databox, which might result in the loss of historical data.

Daniel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

What gets measured, gets managed right?

Bewertet am 1.11.2018

We have Databox set up to track a few things, but right now our main goal with our business is outreach and linkbuilding

We just wrote this huge guide that took 9 weeks and a few thousands dollars to create

Makes sense to promote it and build links right?

The thing is- even when youre good at linkbuilding, it takes time

You might do outreach to 100 sites and get 2-5 links

Even then?

It can take literally weeks to see the difference in your rankings- so it can be a little offputting right?

So we make sure to track the habit instead

We connect Databox with Ahrefs (SEO tool) and Mailshake (Email outreach tool) and have a custom dashboard

If we can send 16 emails per day- we know we'll get a link each week (at least)

But because we can't get immediate feedback on our rankings, we instead track the action

So we track how many emails we send per day and have a dynamic goal connected (A bar that fills up)

We also have a weekly end goal that does the same

Below that we have a connection to ahrefs that tells us of new links to our site

And in the centre we have our organic traffic data graph- this shows us upticks in traffic as our rankings slowly increase

This alone has made is SO easy to continue to do outreach, even tho we don't see that immediate result

The ability to integrate with multiple platforms

How I can set up custom goals and dashboards, relevant to the data its showing so I can track progress

The daily emails to let me know if we're hitting those goals (Nothing like a bit of habit stacking right?)

The fact that you can get a whole HEAP of value from the free version alone

Honestly nothing

Its super clean, easy to use, fast and intuitive

Joby

Great for free

Bewertet am 15.5.2018

The basic account is free with data box and gives you 3 datasources which is enough to make some really nice visualisations of your data. We use it to send investors regular updates and give them a link they can access whenever they want to get an update on our progress. Once we created theses boards they just update automatically which make it some much easier to manage.
They have a great range of connectctions with most of the services you can think off to run your business. Their visualisation tools make it pretty easy to set up nice views of your data, and if you are stuck they have some great templates that just plug and play with your data.

There have been a few bugs as we are in the UK we want money to be in £ and their default is $ there are some work arounds to make it work but it would be nice to have currency support built in and automatic.
Sometimes the data shows a little funnily on the iPhone app, support are very good at fixing this issues though.

Samuel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

How to perform magic with Data box

Bewertet am 10.5.2023

Ease to visualize and analyse dataInexpensive

Lacks customization to consumer taste and design

Juzni
  • Branche: Import und Export
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It's my first to open app every morning

Bewertet am 17.8.2016

Heard from a friend who is using Databox app in the company he works for (fortune 100 company). It was almost annoying seeing him checking his phone constantly. I downloaded it from App store the same day. On-boarding was a breeze and the next thing I was in the app with my Google Analytics, Facebook Ads and Stripe already connected. I was using it few days - it was just a beautiful app on my phone nothing more. But then I found they have desktop app - they call it Designer - where you can combine all metrics together. At that moment I was hooked. We have connected more than 10 data sources since then (database also) and we were able to put all important metrics in one place for everybody to see. I'm recommending this to everybody!

I have access in one place to every important metrics I care. Just few clicks and I can change what I see on my phone and share with all my coworkers.

It wasn't an instant "click" in my head what Databox can do for us. There are almost no guides or documentation. Default metrics they fetch were not useful for our business.

Antwort von Databox

Thank you for your feedback.

David
  • Branche: Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Full of promise, never delivered.

Bewertet am 8.4.2021

Meh.

Meh.

I used the software for two years and I liked the idea of the software, creating dashboards for easy review. If they had only worked.

I never logged on without reconnecting one or all of my sites. Never. I was told the software was being upgraded, user error, weather (really) but it never was resolved. After two years of hoping it would be what I needed, it never was and I left.

Also, as a warning, leaving is draconian. If you don't click the one hidden link to delete account, you will be charged and they will not provide a refund.

Katie
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Beautiful Mobile app, easy to get addicted to.

Bewertet am 12.8.2016

I signed up Databox only two months ago, but I've used the mobile app pretty much every day since. It's very easy to connect your cloud services and add the basic metrics, and it takes just a little bit of extra work to add more specific ones (like, in my case, custom funnel data from Mixpanel). I've also played around with connecting our SQL database to Databox - all these options are available even on the Free plan. I like it that you can put data from different datasources on the same visualization (e.g. steps in a funnel). The platform is quite powerful underneath, still lacking a little bit of self-help content as of now, but customer support was very helpful and I've set up just the dashboard that I've always wanted.

Beautiful visualizations, the drag-and-drop interface of the Designer tool (where you set up your visualizations), the Scorecard feature

All options are not very well documented

Antwort von Databox

Thank you for reviewing Katie. We will try to add the things you mentioned.

• Branche: Internet

Beautiful and handy tool

Bewertet am 12.4.2019

Easy to setup. They have a great iPhone app so can review all data on my phone. Every morning I receive an email on our business performance which is really helpful.

So far I'm happy with the tool, no things I don't like.

Brock
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Best reporting software out there

Bewertet am 15.12.2022

great customer service.

great customer service.

simple, easy to use and it integrates into slack which makes it easy to give automated reports to our clients

no real cons, but it would be great if the custom equations were on the basic plan. Seems like something everyone should have access to especially given how much i'm paying. Something as simple as Cost Per Purchase is not available on the TikTok dashboard when it is clearly available on TikTok

Nathaniel
Nathaniel

Beautiful Metrics & Reporting

Bewertet am 23.9.2019

Some of the team here can build marketing dashboards in Google Data Studio, but this can be time-consuming and most situations don't require the levels of customisation that GDS allows. Databox has allowed us to speed up the deployment of reporting dashboards and given the wider team access to this ability.

The way that Databox has been built is all about speed and simplicity, with little or no knowledge in building dashboards and reporting functions you can set up beautiful looking reporting systems.

There are some functions in the dashboard builder that still feel a little clunky, such as only being able to move an element once you've selected it and hovered over the move crosshair - but these are small UI points.

Matthew
  • Branche: Onlinemedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing wall of data with great presentation options

Bewertet am 21.5.2017

easily view and break down complex data sources in minutes.

easily view and break down complex data sources in minutes.

Visually its the best I've seen (and I've seen a lot). The integrations are pretty flawless as far as setup goes. I had one small hickup but the team was on it and fixed. The phone app is great and you can even administer the phone data views separate to the desktop - that's awesome!

The real-estate of datawalls is tricky. On one hand if you have three main chunks of data to look at they're great, but it you want to view more (like all the various metrics for a website traffic including conversions rates, etc) you run out of space due to the grid system. But it's not all bad.

Ross
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good to have for an overview

Bewertet am 4.10.2019

Good experience overall with the product and ease of use however the packages are disappointing.

The integrations with Adwords, Analytics, Hubspot is great and easy to setup. The standard templates cover pretty much everything you need and they are easy to display on a screen.

The lack of integration with Zendesk is weird as what I could see is there used to be one.
The package choice are strange it would be nice if Plus included more data sources as Plus and Basic both have 10 then the next jump up is 50 which is annoying when you have 12 datasources.

Rinora

Databox Review Hallakate

Bewertet am 14.12.2022

The customization options for each dashboard

Data sources keep disconnecting at times.

Romy
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

You can find nearly every data how your activities in marketing or sales are working.

Bewertet am 8.8.2017

You can configurate all live reports as you like and need. Also you can get some templates of partners with which they worked successfully. You can find boards for Social Media accounts and ads, Google Analytics and Adwords, all about HubSpot and many more. If you don't have a tool which collects all of this, Databox is your choice.

You need a lot of time and some webinars to understand all the opportunities and how to configure it for yourself.

Emma

Very Good. Would recommend it to anyone.

Bewertet am 24.5.2017

Generally everything about it. Would recommend it to anyone. The set up and implementation and customer services is good.

Can't think of any. Would recommend Data Box to anyone really. We are not totally sure on customization. It needs some work.