Airtable Bewertungen

Emma M.

A daily godsend

Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

So far it's a golden resource for us. I use it every day for member tracking, marketing planning, storing up a cache of future content, assigning team members as leads for stories/members/etc. I really, REALLY hope this program sticks around because it's dead useful for us in so many arenas.

I love the customization options. I also really appreciate the aesthetics, how easy it is to hide/unhide/move fields, the filter abilities, the blocks for bulk editing, the linking between records, and so so much more.

There are still some pieces missing that would be super useful for us (the ability to read a cell's contents and apply if-then results and not just count the contents, for instance). And it can get expensive quickly if you have a big team.

Delia S.

Why I use Airtable to store my data

Bewertet am 26.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I run a site called Wikihospitals, and display international health technology services. This data all needs to be linked together, so I can see information like country of origin, founder's details, technology used and medical specialty covered.

Airtable was a great discovery for me. I can shared my data easily, embedded it into my website and am now transforming it into a fully fledged directory site.

Before Airtable, pre formatted databases were costly platforms to subscribe to, and extremely difficult to create from scratch (for the non coder).

Airtable is just dead easy to use. It looks like a spreadsheet but behaves like a database. You can import or export data as a CSV file. You can share a link or embed a view into you website using iframe code.

It is also lightning fast. You can link any number of different 'sheets' together. You can selecting different types of 'fields' ie numerical, date, multiple select, calculations, upload document etc.

You can also display your data in a range of 'views' from maps to calendars to gallery views of pie and bar charts.

When using the embed code option, it doesn't show that well on a mobile device. Apart from that, it's really the perfect software for people with a large amount of data and no code skills.

Patricia S.

Game changer

Bewertet am 29.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our team uses Airtable as a centralized location to track our project progress. We've even hacked it as a CRM on occasion, and used it for event planning, reporting--anything that requires you to organize lots of information in a standardized way. The resistance to using yet another platform was strong at first, but once we got into it, everyone has become an Airtable advocate.

When a co-worker recommended Airtable, I was predictably skeptical. Who needs yet another spreadsheet software I said, with an internal (ok, maybe external) eye roll. But this is no mere spreadsheet platform. It is the only one you will ever need. Ever. Again. The functionality that make it worth it to switch from Excel or Google Sheets might seem insignificant when you look at them on a features list. Colored labels, grouping, filtering, view options, etc. But you have no idea what a big difference they make! Airtable makes it possible to put in all the data you have, but the key to its success is it lets you filter it down to only the essential information you need to see to make the decisions in front of you. It's the database that actually helps with decision-making. And the more I use it, the more uses I find for it!

There are very few cons to Airtable. It's simple to use, and the potential is limitless. Once you start putting bases together, you just don't want to stop! One thing that is slightly non-intuitive is the relationship (or lack thereof) between different "tabs" of data. Read up on those before you go that route. You can also start getting out of hand pretty quickly with creating lots of different views, but nothing a little intentionality can't address. We trained our entire team on using Airtable for project management, and it's been the best decision we ever made.

Ing siang T.

Early User and a Returning Addict

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall I am a super fan of Airtable - first discovered, fell in love, and told everyone I knew about Airtable 3-4 years ago, IIRC when they first appear on Product Hunt. Build a whole bunch of bases to manage my person life (book list, financial trackers, a large inter-linked base to track 3D printing activities for a local maker space etc.). Stopped using it for awhile because I was focusing on my day job for a few years, before coming back to do side projects and businesses.

Ended up build a tracker for my subscription business, with automated renewal and receipt email generation via Zapier. Airtable is not perfect but it made a non-coder me into someone who can create a solution that’s “almost there”. I always tell people - Airtable can’t do everything (like a fully customized software) but 80% of your need can be satisfied by Airtable with 20% of effort, broadly speaking.

I also love their Customer Services - while it is no longer the Airtable 2-3 years ago where I just chat using the chat tool (Intercom or..?) and ask UX related questions as they come to me (simple questions, not too different from asking a coworker in your office) and even caught the CEO Howie Lou a few times; it is still a very well supported software/ company where the CS team actually know the system really well and does’t just shove canned responses in your face.

Overall, lots of love for Airtable!

Ease of use, basically a database without the complexity of being one. No more managing of tabulated data via spreadsheet or simple table in word processing software. I also like the fact that I can do data entry in expanded and table views (I have a base called “Ideas”, where each column correspond to an area of interest in idea generation, e.g. Problem, Market, Competition, Elevator Pitch etc. - which the preferred data entry method is in the Expanded Jew; where as for base such as my “Bank Transactions Tracker”, the table field is better.

I also like how they aren’t just focusing on being American (yay to company that bother to cater to ALL date format under the sky) although for some other colum type they haven’t got down to it yet (telephone number etc.).

Personally I am a big fan of the Pro feature Blocks, which I used to create performace dashboards for my freelance subscription business. The Blocks feature is the only reason I opt to pay, although I am paying mostly out of my credits accumulated during the earlier days of Airtable.

Also like the community that’s building on top of it, forum is very active and lots of power users to learn from.

Combine with with other IaaS tool such as Zapier and you get a really powerful tool.

Insufficient control (can be easy to make mistake such as accidental typing etc.), lack of data validation (upon data entry), and interface could use more customization (e.g. lots of empty/white spaces in Card views, can’t have multiple lines in field header etc.).

Devlyn M.
Mit Google übersetzen

A spreadsheet is a spreadsheet, right? Wrong!

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love it so much I support it financially, which is a big deal for me. I'm a very small business and a monthly subscription is always viewed suspiciously. But I love how they are constantly building in new features that make it more and more usable. Things I didn't even know I wanted until it existed. And there is a free option! I just wanted access to the premium features.

I'm currently using it for:
-production queue
-development outlines and goal setting
- inventory tracking linked with vendor management
- galleries of photos incorporated on my website and on Facebook
- managing home chores and tasks
- keeping track of any number of personal and professional lists

I like this software so much that I pay for it monthly, and I don't consider 25 a month "cheap" for me. But it has been so useful that I can't imagine not having access to all the features.

It's complicated to say what I like most because that entails an explanation of what it does. It basically combines spreadsheets with databases and then allows you to view your data in a multitude of customizable ways. And share just the parts you want to share, or all of it. You can also add collaborators or have clients input information directly through forms. You can take all of this and embed it on your website or on facebook.

The various views can be a gallery of photos, or a more standard spreadsheet, or you can output it to lists like an address list, or set it up to print labels of just the records you want to include.

You can use it for project management and production queues, keeping track of vendors or clients, sorting and updating inventories. It's really brilliant to the point that I've moved away from other spreadsheet programs, task management systems and photo gallery software in favor of using Airtable.

It's not perfect! There are a few things I haven't figured out how to do or it's fairly clunky still. But much of that is my own lack of skill in certain areas. I'd love to utilize API but I'm still too much of a novice to really figure it out. Once I do, though, I feel like it will take my website to another level.

One of the features is the ability to take a group of records and output it into a format you create. It would be great if there were some templates available for this sort of thing, but I'm not even sure how that could be implemented. It could just be my own laziness!

Brett W.

Airtable is the Spreadsheet (and more) Application Everyone Needs

Bewertet am 28.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As I mentioned before, I am now using the application for QA and bug tracking, but have also used it for task tracking on collaborative projects I work on, which I've found to be really effective. I run my own business and am the only employee, so I don't need a full fledged project management solution and found this to be a great alternative when working with other companies that don't use one for web development, either.

Since Airtable also provides different ways to view data (Grid, Form, Gallery, Calendar, Kanban) the ways in which this product can be used are infinite. There's even a mobile app!

As an early adopter of Airtable, I've seen the program grow from a more functional and intuitive version of Excel to a full fledged application that can do anything from spreadsheet management to producing a CRM or project workflow. Initially, I used the application for QA and bug tracking, but now I use it for inventory for art I collect (I can even include photos for visual reference), lead tracking and generation, and a few other practical things. The more I use Airtable, the more I'm impressed with how much potential the application has to positively impact any business, organization, or individual.

For first time users, it can be a bit intimidating, especially if checking out the application, casually. One great resource that Airtable introduced is Airtable Universe, which highlights and demonstrates working and real examples of how companies and industries are using Airtable to track deadlines, scheduling, and a slew of other use cases. I would recommend that as the starting point for any novice of the application or anyone interested in giving it a try.

Miguel G.

The Evolution Of The Spreadsheet

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 24.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Airtable is a refreshing new look at what spreadsheets can be. It is great for organizations with varying degrees of user experiences with spreadsheets. And if your organization uses spreadsheets quite extensively, then this might be a great alternative.

As mentioned in Cons, the proprietary nature of Airtable means that if you need to keep a standalone copy in a file format, you will not be able to do so. You can import those current spreadsheets, but once manipulated and modified in Airtable, you must continue using it. So, archival files are not possible. Something to consider, as some enterprise environment do like to keep electronic files locally archived for attachment to specific documentations. Airtable might not be that solution.

Spreadsheets are great because of their flexibility. But most of its power lies behind a vast library of functions that users must have a good understanding about its syntax and how to use it. Add to that the fact that they are not exactly pretty to look at. The solution lies with Airtable. Coined as part spreadsheet and part database, it provides a new way of displaying vital information without all the hassles of setting up a spreadsheet.

For starters, Airtable offers a vast array of templates and layouts to choose from. If you are proficient, or the templates simply do not provide you with the necessary layout, you can start one from scratch. Maybe even create your own template.

Airtable is like a high performance spreadsheet with a serious upgrade on its user interface. Even the user experience is something quite amazing. YOu add, remove or modify the columns and configure them to accept the data you need.

It does all a spreadsheet can do, except that its coolest feature is its ability to go from a grid appearance, like your typical spreadsheet, to a form appearance, which resembles more of a database.

Airtable offers a wide array of functionality in its free subscription level. Upgrades offer more customization options that enhance the functionality and appearance of your table. And to make the transition from regular old boring spreadsheets to Airtable, they offer importing of your data to start off with.

It is much easier than your typical spreadsheet, but if you are a true spreadsheet power user, you may find a bit of a lack in its functionality. Again, only if you are a power user, which most of us are really not when it comes to everything spreadsheets can do. There are limited hover over hints for the buttons and fields, so you need to really click on them to find out what they are used for. Novice spreadsheet users will still find a similar learning curve with Airtable, but because the core functionalities are visible from the top ribbon, it does make it just a bit easier to use. But, remember, there will still be a slight learning curve, especially with more advance features.

Please note, it does well at importing those current spreadsheets, but Airtable is proprietary and online, and does not do well if you need to export it into a document for archival purposes.

Mit Google übersetzen

fantastic solution for information-oriented project management

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: GetApp

* lends itself well to building information tracking resources
* simple data-driven layout
* scalable project areas

my operations team uses airtable to manage a lot of information flow and have converted complex tracking resources into the airtable format. the fact that we now utilize the app for a lot of these solutions is a testament to its immediate strengths. i enjoy how airtable doesn't necessarily force me into any specific workflow, which has been the major reason why other project management solutions don't work--everyone has a different philosophy around project management.

* pricing model
* learning curve
* communication management
* lack of certain standard features

there are a lot of glaring pain points that my team encounters on a weekly basis which makes airtable, not necessarily the perfect solution but rather the best we've found so far.

first off, airtable is too expensive for my company based specifically on their pricing model. to note, airtable charges per user per workspace. each member of my team manages specific projects related to a different area of the business. for ease of organization, we have a separate airtable workspace built to accomodate each employee. for example, we have a workspace for finance projects and a workspace for customer support projects. from a visual project management standpoint, this makes the most sense. sometimes our finance manager will need to engage and comment on a project base going on in the customer support workspace and vice versa. this engagement occurs daily.

if you're a single user, incredibly small team or your company is client-based (where these costs would go into your billing), airtable's pricing model may not be much of a hinderance.

there is a high learning curve when you get started. this is about a week of tutorials and deep-diving into the app. a lot of this time was spent modifying personal workflows to best utilize airtable. after that week of hair-pulling and a lot of cursing at our computer screens everything immediately became easier.

one strong flaw in airtable is its team communication solutions. you have the ability to run comment strings on individual data rows, but an overall tab dedicated to general discussion would be immensely helpful to streamline discussion and reduce the amount of hunting/pecking for information.

for a project management solution, airtable is fairly weak at offering seemingly standard task management features like scheduled notifications and workback timelines. after enough online digging, you can sometimes stumble upon a "good enough" solution. on this subject, archiving is not at all available, which is one of the more "seriously?" missing features.

6.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Wonderful solution to spreadsheets, needs more restrictive access, tech support needs improvement.

Bewertet am 10.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We can have many views of the same data in one place without duplicating the data. Each person can have their own view based on the data they need to see. The biggest benefit we've had is time saving and the ability to access this data anywhere, at any time.

Last year I was on the search for a solution to replace XLS and found Airtable. Previously we were using microsoft xls, as we found even GoogleDocs didn't work for our purpose.

We produce hundreds and up to thousands of products for one event and previously used xls to keep track of production and for by line item invoicing purposes. The ability to have all the data in one spreadsheet but then filter things out in a specific view that allows you to see only what you want is useful and makes it so you don't have to have multiple spreadsheets with the same data. For example we have an invoicing view, that's filtered easily to show costs. Then a post event inventory view where clients can see what they can use for next event. We also have a QC view where our team members can easily QC the product without all the unnecessary data in their view/way. We also use filters to easily show us what still needs to be approved and what is left to be produced for the event. It's a been a great way for us to manage large scale projects and our clients love it. Also, the fact that it has a phone app is helpful to us since we work events, we are constantly on the road traveling and not always at a computer.
The ability to download the spreadsheets is simple also, so when I need to create an XLS file to accompany our invoice, this is simple and easy for me to do.

The #1 priority for improvement that every Airtable user complains about is the lack of restrictive access. Access is "all or nothing" so if I give my clients "Read" access, they're only limited to one view and can't edit or note anything. If we give them "Edit" access they are able to edit anything in our entire database, including our pricing, so that doesn't work. We want, for example, a customer to be able to go and note/change info for one column and not be able to add/remove anything. For example they could go in and put "approved" for a line item that they approve for production, but can't change any cells not in that column.

I'm not confident in their tech support at this time . Recently we had some data loss issues that created mass concern. We added data to specific cells in an existing spreadsheet, and the next day the data was gone. Airtable keeps record of any change in a cell and there was no record of us ever entering the data, like it never happened. We provided specific examples and their explanation of "packet loss" on our end makes zero sense. Based on data that we entered that day, we added a photo, then added a date, photo, then date... all the photos stuck, the dates did not, so it would mean that every other second a packet data loss happened? They still haven't given a suitable answer to this, and if you can't rely on the data you enter being there, that's made us think twice about moving to the paid version, which we were about to.

Mathias E.
Mit Google übersetzen

Helped us understand complex projects

Bewertet am 9.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I can now build the tool I need. And since my (and my teams) needs changes with time I can modify my Airtable bases to match that.

When you build your own tool with Airtable you will need to ask good questions about your need and goals and if you're in a team this can start a very good conversation.

It's much easier for me now to get not lost track of a big and complex project because I can split it into smaller parts that more understandable.

With features like formula and roll-up, I can setup my base to quickly show me some important information. Like how many urgent task within an acitivity.

The fact that you can build the tool you need and that in that process the conversation your team will have is very valuable. Airtable is not an out-of-the-box just but more like Lego bricks and the (almost) only your own imaging that set the boundaries. So you need to ask the right questions about what is it you want to do and know? Which information do you need and what do you want to be able to do with it. When you ask that questions in a team you will have a great conversation about goals, ways of working, differences in need etc.

Airtable provides you with a variety of tools to make this happen but you need to take the time to build your tool. If you don't and "just" use it as a spreadsheet you won't use the real potential of it.

We have used Airtable to keep track of a complex website, booking a video equipment, project, ideas, teachers projects and more. One of the most powerful things about Airtable is that you can create different views and then create different processes.
An example is that we have a table with activities for teaching that we publish on our website. We needed a process for reviewing text for errors, a process for reviewing which activities we should share and not share, a process for which activities we had cases for etc. Doing that in Trello would mean multiple boards. in Airtable we could just create a new view with the same records.

I will say that hardest part about Airtable is understanding the logic behind it and that it is something else than a spreadsheet. I took me some time, and it has been hard explaining it to my colleagues.

Jamie W.
Mit Google übersetzen

Airtable is great at organizing complex data that you need to interact with dynamically

Bewertet am 31.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Airtable saves us time, but it also saves us money. We're able to better manage resources when we can see how everything connects. That's what Airtable is great at. We had the data, but we were missing the lenses to put it in perspective. Having a column of dates in a spreadsheet is useful; being able to see those entries distributed on a calendar with a single click is a game-changer.

We've migrated several of our Operations Office processes to Airtable and couldn't be happier. Not only is Airtable easy to use, it's easy to integrate. It might not do everything we need, but by linking tools, like Zapier, it's so simple to manipulate data and let the data trigger actions in the other software that we use every day.

For example, we've built a base to track key distribution for our 210,000 sq. ft. facility. We have a table with records for each of the 858 unique keys in our inventory, which links to a table where we track all of the keys issued to individuals. With filtered views, it's easy to see who has past due keys or which rooms are at the greatest security risk. And because it's all web-based, we don't have to worry about who checks in a key because everyone's base is updated in real time.

As a relational database, Airtable lets you establish connections between two complex tables. We can click on a person to see all of the keys they've been issued, or we can click on a key to see all of the people who have it.

Not only are our processes more efficient, they're actually more productive. Working from a standard spreadsheet, the type of reporting we're doing now would not be feasible. With Airtable, getting the answer is almost as easy as asking the question, and with the mobile app, I can ask the question wherever I am in the building--or outside of it.

Airtable has a great feature set as a relational database, particularly for the price and ease of use, but there are some limitations--not enough to cost a star in any one category though. The nine bases we've built so far were all things that we migrated from a spreadsheet system. From that perspective, Airtable is missing the ability to use conditional formatting and it's a little lean on available functions in the formula field. So far I've managed to find workarounds for almost everything, but they're not always the most elegant. Despite these limitations, we recently upgraded to an annual paid plan after six months on the free plan.

Mit Google übersetzen

The best tool for detail-oriented people!

Bewertet am 17.6.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love being able to use Airtable for my content calendar and other project planning on a regular basis. If I didn't have Airtable, I feel like I'd be stuck using Excel and I'd be frustrated with the lack of organization. It's the perfect tool for my job, and for all people who need to focus on the details in the planning and project management process!

I was trying to accomplish something Microsoft Excel just didn't do. Enter Airtable, where all my problems were solved! Airtable helps you organize information in layers, with different options for sorting. You can view information in a calendar view or in an organized table with different filters. I find Airtable a really great software for a variety of things: content or social media calendars, campaign or event planning, project management, personal to-do lists, etc. I have only ever used Airtable as a personal tool or in small groups, but I know that it's a good tool for team collaboration as well. With all the layers, filters and color-coding options, it's a perfect tool to stay hyper-organized and track where everything is.

Airtable is not a software you can hop in and start using quickly. I needed to really play with all the features and figure out what everything did before I made any progress on making this system work for me. You really need to explore and use Airtable's learning features to get a handle on how to make it work best for you. I would have never known all that Airtable could do if I didn't take the time to learn! But once I got the hang of it, it was pretty easy to keep my stuff organized and use it for everything I needed to.

Caleb L.
Mit Google übersetzen

Airtable is the backbone of our team!

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

At Visuals by Impulse, Airtable has allowed us to consolidate our technology stack into fewer tools by leveraging the power of blocks. It’s the one tool we don’t want to live without!

We love using the blocks, color filters, the variety of custom views and last but not least, all of the applications that you can integrate to make your data work for you.

The only thing we dislike, is how the workspace permissions are setup. It’d be nice to choose which users need “blocks” and which users do not, within the same workspace.

Russel S.

Airtable in Higher Education

Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Airtable has proven to be a very reliable tool. It's been easy to learn and customize. It's also been easy to teach others at our institution how to work with Airtable as a collaborative tool, or for their own projects.

Airtable has become a necessity in our operations. We use it to track all sorts of data and activities. For example, we use it for an end-user trouble-report form that sends notifications to Slack. It's proven great for us to track inventories, log events, and monitor basic projects.

Airtable is incredibly versatile and easy-to-use. It offers the advantages of a relational database, without the need for coding and consultants. Multiple custom views of data (with flexible filters and sorts) add to Airtable's flexibility to meet a variety of needs. Sharing of views is easy, making Airtable the perfect tool for all sorts of collaborative activities. Our cloud-based data seamlessly updates to all sorts of devices. Integration with services such as Slack is also seamless.

A few pro-level features are very useful, but quite expensive to implement on a team level. Blocks features haven't proven to be as robust as we'd like to see. The simple pro-level upgrade to the online form feature (adding images and completion link), is very useful. But the costs per user/per year add up fast.

Matt H.
Mit Google übersetzen

Airtable is like a spreadsheet on steroroids

Bewertet am 24.6.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Airtable....where have you been all my life! I've worked in the non-profit field for the better part of 15 years. Mostly for small organizations with tight budgets. We are constantly looking for ways to manage information for grants, donors, program data, you name it. With limited staff and budgets, we're pretty much relegated to Google Sheets or Excell. CRM's like Salesforce and DonorPerfect are nice, but complicated and expensive for a small organization. Then came Airtable....

Airtable is incredibly simple to set up. In two evenings of work, I set up a base that will manage a project involving 8 different NGO's operating in 5 geographic regions to engage over 500 community groups. I shared the base with our team and they were able to pick up how to use it in about a week. We've been using Airtable now for about 6 months and people LOVE it. The way it allows you to filter and view data is simply amazing and a game changer. I couldn't even begin to calculate how much easier my and our teams' lives are using this tool for our project.

What's great, is the other NGO's involved are starting to adopt Airtable for other work within their own organization. I HIGHLY recommend this product. The future of spreadsheets is here, and it's name is Airtable!

Honestly, there is not much I don't like about this product. The one flag I do have is that when it comes to budgets, Excel and Google sheets probably do have Airtable beat. Other than that, my experience has been nothing but positive thus far.

Tim H.
Mit Google übersetzen

Airtable--a simple to use solution for keeping track of your dats.

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I keep track of tons of things for my business on Airtable: Orders log (with order profitability for each order), purchase order # generator and log, Parts Inventory and re-order, tax documents (uploaded0 and a lot more.

I come up with new uses every once in a while. Airtable is a reasonably priced swiss-army knife for my business information.

-It is super easy to set up. It looks like a spreadsheet--and you can use it that way, but its much more powerful (and simple for some things)
-It shares data very well for my small group. I can actually see someone typing in characters when they are making changes to a *base* that I'm using.
-Data can be displayed in many ways: Grid, Form, Calendar, Kanban, Gant.
-Data can be manipulated, sorted and filtered in almost any way. You can save your "views". This is far easier to do here than in Excel.
-I often import huge spreadsheets to sort, filter and separate data to make more understandable reports.

There are a couple of improvement that would make sense:
-When you add a new record in a base the sheet does not autorefresh and sort. You have to manually go to the menu and sort to get everything in the right order.
-The formatting for printing grid reports could be improved. They look great on the screen, but not quite as nice on paper. (maybe I missed some trick)

Mit Google übersetzen

I enjoyed spreadsheets before, but I love them even more now

Bewertet am 21.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, our office has really benefitted from using this product for shared spreadsheets that many people are viewing and updating on a daily basis. I've recommended this product to others, who have in turn started using it themselves.

I love how user-friendly and clean the interface is. Subtile design elements make it visually appealing, which makes a difference in our satisfaction considering how much of our day is spent looking at spreadsheets. I also like that it is relatively easy to use. Right away, new users can create beautiful, basic spreadsheets, especially making use of the curated templates. There are more advanced functions, however, that require a little more research and statistical know-how to employ.

This is a new(ish) product, and as a result, I can sometimes think of features that would be helpful that should be added. One, for example, is a better way to see which of a base's users are viewing the sheet in real time. Another is some additional formatting options involving colors and perhaps parent-child relationships between rows. Maybe some of that will develop over time. One more note of caution: if you're using this and you decide to add a profile picture to your account, think about whether you want to have a profile pic longterm before you do it. Once a photo is added, it can only be changed to a new photo, not changed back to the generic avatar. I finally was able to achieve a workaround for this via Airtable support, but I thought it was strange that their system wouldn't include capability to simply remove your profile pic.

Seth H.

The Tool Every Organized Person Needs In Their Life

Bewertet am 2.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have used Airtable since its early days for a variety of business and personal uses. And that's what I love about it: it's so flexible that it can meet just about any use case. At work, it has helped me organize complex projects, track content libraries, provide detailed documentation about major website overhauls, and more. In the time I've used it, I've been impressed with the rich feature sets that are regularly added, and the documentation is helpful. The team at Airtable seems to really understand who their customers are and what they need to be successful.

The greatest feature of Airtable is how flexible and customizable it is. If you can dream it, there's probably a way to do it in Airtable. Usually, that type of flexibility comes with a poor user interface or a steep learning curve. Not so with Airtable. It starts where users are familiar (a basic spreadsheet) and makes it easy to add on powerful features. You don't have to be a database guru to gain major efficiencies.

I wish there were more formatting options for the long text fields, particularly for Markdown support. This would leave the field essentially plain text on the backend, but would render stylistically on the front end. This would allow for many new use cases for the platform.

Rachel G.

Amped up Excel

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love Airtable! As a consultant I'm using it now on 3 different projects and everyone who I've invited to join loves it. It's intuitive to use if you're familiar with Excel and easy to bring people in. The free version they offer is amazing and you should start there. Before you dive in, review the template space so you can get creative ideas on how to start building your bases.

I love that it's structured like an Excel doc - it makes learning it and teaching others really easy. The ability to group, filter, and sort is amazing and the multiple views create visualizations for people who see things differently.
The vast number of templates to use or start from is unmatched in the project management software space.
Customer service is incredible. They're help FAQs online are great, and if you reach out to talk with someone they are responsive with helpful info.

It's not easy to sort something out of view (e.g. a checkmark column for done items, there's a workaround but it could be easier)
It's difficult to have dependencies like Excel (e.g. if I select a date in the column, populate a date in the other)
For project management, it's not the easiest to handle sub-tasks. You can create a column for the main task and then group on that, but for projects with many main tasks it becomes cumbersome to rely on always having it grouped that way.
You can't copy a template into an existing base.
Pricing per user, per account. It would be amazing to upgrade only certain bases so all users on my account are counted the same.

Laura e. F.

Airtable revolutionized our business

Bewertet am 16.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Airtable is an impressive blend of high functionality and easy user experience. We've been able to standardize and streamline our employee onboarding process, store and organize important documentation for our team and affiliates, increase the depth and efficiency of our client management system, and collaboratively create and build new content for our clients. It's Zapier and Asana integrations have been critical to these processes. We now have 35 employees, whose tech literacy range widely, using Airtable in their daily work. We absolutely LOVE Airtable!

Airtable is above all easy to use. You don't need a computer science degree or coding certificate to do great work with it. And this doesn't seem to compromise its functionality for the average user. The organization capabilities – from the overall workspaces to within the records themselves – are what drew us in, and the file storage capabilities, Zapier integration, and collaborative workspaces totally hooked us. The ability to customize each individual database is paramount, and we rely on the fact that we can access our databases from anywhere. The colors also should not be taken for granted.

There are some limitations that we have had to find workarounds for, primarily not being able to share information across bases (we now use a Zapier integration to do this, but we've found it unreliable and limited in its own right), and not being able to integrate email in a way that is useful for our business. But there is nothing that Airtable CAN do that we dislike.

Mit Google übersetzen

Airtable revolutionizes the boring concept of relational database and makes it hip again!

Bewertet am 31.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The capability and flexibility to rapidly launch a database, then incrementally revise schema, business logic, and views as needs evolve. The numerous filtered views streamline role-based data entry. Most importantly, the ease of sharing and embedding is a godsend. None of the products on the marketplace lives in that sweet spot like Airtable does.

Airtable offers ultimate flexibility and accessibility. Gone are the days when you must spend a significant portion of efforts with schema and data dictionary design upfront. Database development and management can now be truly iterative. That mate very well with agile development methodologies.

The graphical nature of the platform spares users from possessing prerequisite knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and command-line interface (CLI).

The design principle democratizes NoSQL by gifting business users the benefits of NoSQL database (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Amazon's DynamoDB). It expertly fills the void between Excel, Access, SQL and NoSQL databases, and even FileMaker Pro!

Most of Airtable's targeted clientele may already be familiar with advanced functions from Excel or SQL and would naturally be interested in leveraging them for advanced calculations or business logic. As feature-packed as Airtable is, it is bound to run into selected use cases where functionality gaps manifest themselves. Airtable is diligently working on plugging these gaps, and I remain extremely hopeful and faithful!

Quinn B.

I was able to make the perfect custom CRM + Project Manager with Airtable

Bewertet am 11.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's given me the tools / building blocks to make any kind of table to use. I use it for business stuff, but also for keeping track of Christmas gifts I want to get my family, validating ideas for apps, and a place I can put canned email templates all in one place.

I love that I can control and customize every part of an Airtable base in order for me to make a CRM that had exactly what I wanted, and nothing that I didn't want. Some of the metrics I keep track of for my business aren't available in some CRMs, and some CRMs that DO offer those metrics have so many other features and everything just becomes way too overkill and cluttered. Not only could I make a CRM that had exactly what I wanted, I could also make it work as a Project Manager, so literally everything I need for my business (Projects, Project Status, Client, Contact Info, Project Rate, Shoot Date, Deadline, Total Lifetime Client Spend, Thank You Letter Sent To Client, etc.) are all in one spot. There's no extra fluff I don't want, and all of the info I know I need.

The only downside is that records in separate bases at this time can't be linked. This is a huge request by users on the Airtable community forum, so as soon as that is implemented, Airtable will be a near-perfect service in my opinion.

Maria K.

Game Changer, Absolutely Addicted

Bewertet am 22.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Streamlined document, task and project management. Incredible increase in transparency and collaboration. Easy for many different types of teams to use the same information in different ways due the flexibility of the data display. My entire worklife is organized in Airtable. Feature development, project management, maintaining specs, running real time feeds, easy to edit database.

This software can ingest all types of information and organize it as effectively as you organize data in Excel. You can literally organize anything Airtable. It is so easy to use and has replaced several tools my team used to use for document, task and project management. If you have the help of developers, you can plug into Airtable to power things elsewhere. This means, non technical people can be adding data, content to an airtable and our devs automatically pull this into a real time engine that powers work processes, products, etc. I mean i seriously cannot promote this enough. I've probably invited 30 people to Airtable and all of them are wow-ed by it. Used it for engineering projects, planning trips, helping friends redecorate homes. Truly priceless tool - I compare it to Slack in the impact it has had on my workflow.

Would like to be able to reference & pull in data from other worksheets/bases.

Cindy C.
Mit Google übersetzen

Airtable Makes Getting Organized Easy!

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I work for a small non-profit and do volunteer work for another non-profit. Airtable has become our contact management database and several projects use it to manage contacts, events and tasks. I have loved it since I first starting using it over 3 years ago, after seeing an ad on Facebook. There are quirks that make it challenging sometimes but overall, the good far outweighs any negatives I can think of.

This software is intuitive to use for anyone who has worked with spreadsheets. It's helpful if you have some idea of how a relational database works, but not necessary. There are many templates available to help you get started as well as a great user guide and community forum. It's easy to get up and running with the free version so you can see if it will work for your company, but you'll have access to many more features with the Pro version.

The pricing structure is a little difficult to understand with paid workspaces and collaborators, etc. Also, some features that users have been asking for repeatedly over the years have not happened, so for a really fully featured database system, you need to use third-party apps and connect using Zapier.

Kelsey O.
Mit Google übersetzen

I love Airtable. The free plan is extremely generous and I use the app for a variety of purposes.

Bewertet am 15.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I honestly love Airtable. I use it to organize projects and my work with clients. It's just so utterly easy to use, I can't imagine there being a better product. I'm someone who always found Excel confusing, so the fact that I'm able to create formulas so easily has been great. I finally upgraded my plan after a couple of years, not because I had to, but because I was interested in some of the pro features, like the better colors and extra calendar capabilities. The phone app is also really great!

My favorite thing about Airtable is how flexible and yet still usable it is. I can keep very detailed records with complex formulas in one table, with a simple to-do list in another. The views and filters are also fantastic. I can have several ways of viewing one table, making it easy for me to see my data in the way that makes the most sense. For example, I can view project tasks in a kanban format but then click to a calendar view to see when things are due. Airtable also connects to Zapier, which enables me to send automated emails like client receipts.

The only drawback is that it's not built for long form text. I keep track of projects and clients on it, but for client notes I use Milanote. You can use it for long chunks of text, but that's not what it's really geared toward.